Strategy Session Notes (March 14, 2017)SS 031417
COTD: BABA – breakout still intact. Tough market…stock is still in play.
SPX – Yellen at 2 pm ET tomorrow
DJI – flat
DIS – upgraded…broke out…and settled in. Too extended, with virtually no “base” from which to spring higher.
USO – probably bottomed today as a trading low.
MPC – better than most. Alert $52.00
- UAL – Buffett has left the building.
- AAL – 200-day MA test.
- UNP – topping? Too early to tell.
- NSC – at 50-day MA. Key technical area.
MDY – holding at 50dma
USO – Extended to even number.
- MPWR – alert
- SANM – MS 250 growth
- MKSI – Strong turnaround in sales and earnings.
- EA – Breaking out of handle pattern.
- ATVI – pretty extended
- MOMO – testing highs.
- AZN – breakin gout of squeeze
- CLVS – 23% of float is short.
- TSRO – 50% of float is short.
- TSLA – new compact SUV? Rumor. Possible short set up for the bold and brave. Very crowded short.
- BWA – auto parts working.
- LEA – auto parts working.
- ROST – 100-day MAS
- PLAY – pulled back to test support. Consolidation since December…gap has held.
- NXPI – yes, it is a slow mover. Only for the patient. (I prefer AVGO for longer term…but can’t go wrong with either one)
- JNUG – compare to JDST
- EDU – consolidating. Not sure where catalyst is. Very volatile