Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
Old Forum Content for AAPLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- audrina0904: @debeers $WLDN made comments in their last earnings report that they will be at the 40% mark this qtr...at 15% it was going to add something like .30-.40/share to earnings over FY17. Thats huge. Wonder what $AAPL will do with the money that they may or may not repatriate.
- grcjr: @lostsheep $SMH $MU $MSFT $SWKS $AMD $AAPL - $MU already reported earnings, not again until June. I'm surprised but remember tech earnings really hit starting tomorrow with $SWKS after the close. $AMD 5/1 after the close. $AAPL 5/2 after the close. Letting things go up prior to trimming for earnings. May x-out $MU. Or may add more to my profitable stock position.
- Henry: @S1nvest #profits We don't usually discuss position size. One thing for you to consider is what percent is $AAPL of your portfolio. More than 5% is bold, more than 10% is very aggressive. I'll make a wild guess that Jan2138 hasn't sold any of the shares he bought at $7. The stocks I've made the most money on are the ones I just held. It retrospect it's easy to look at the chart and say I should have sold there and bought here. In practice it's hard to buy "here" because you are either afraid it will go lower or you are too cheap to buy at that price.
- genki: @Henry $AAPL #profits So how many positions you need to manage? 20?
- Henry: @genki $AAPL #profits @S1nvest was asking the question, not me.
- genki: @Henry $AAPL #profits You said 5% is bold. So that implied 20 positions if fully invested:-)
- S1nvest: @Henry $AAPL #profits Thanks Henry for the pointers and prospective. Yes, outside my Long account, I've managed to be shaken out on trades of one to three months and shorts. Some was lack of patience on pullbacks and courage to buy on break out and soon after. Buying on the way down was not a winning technique either. Meanwhile, my "solid" long term trending positions were winners often. Live and learn?
- Henry: @genki $AAPL #profits 20 positions gives some measure of safety in a LONG TERM portfolio if one stock blows up like $OCN did today. 20 trading positions are a bit much, but as I count the OMM trades and count spreads as 2 positions i see 18 positions. The OP asked about 1 stock. We don't know anything about his/her portfolio and what is long term and what is short term. He could be 90% in $AAPL. Dan frequently says he can't trade his entire net worth and neither can I. Lacking information, I wasn't specific enough in my answer. My trading portfolio is only a fraction of my stock investments. Within the trading portfolio, I may take a 20% position (of the trading portfolio) at times. That is never 10% of my entire portfolio.
This concerns me a bit, although it most likely isn't going to alter whatever I do day to day. As you're well aware, $SPY is market cap-weighted, so a dollar invested goes disproportionately to $AAPL, $MSFT, $AMZN, $JNJ, $XOM, and $FB. The decision ...
- champ: $SPX - $SVXY $NUGT $RSX --- Sec of State R. Tillierson, is now in Russia this week meeting with Russian President Putin, could be keeping are markets down....golds up and $AAPL is now LOD now.
- champ: @Forexpro $SPX --- I'm sure your right but I'm seeing small stock orders going thru ...like on $AMZN $AAPL and the Banks ....for now not really seeing any Institutions but its starting to pick-up. Thanks
- Forexpro: @champ $SPX $AMZN $AAPL LOL, Champ, Sorry, I thought that you were referring to Euro markets, specifically. Stateside? Sure, there are still plenty of us looking for fortune, if not fame. I'm not only not getting there fast, today (speaking of fortune; I've never cared about fame), I'm not even getting there slowly. Moving backward, in fact, as I own some $INTC. This, too, shall pass, or so I hear. Best of luck!
- champ: @Forexpro $SPX $AMZN $AAPL $INTC --- I'm waiting for a turn RHRN and I have a buy list and I will post when I buy.
- derek308: $CCJ Adding to this position. Man, what pain, got stopped out of nearly everything else this morning. $AMAT, $SMH, $SOXL, $FB, $AAPL, $XIV all gone. Maybe i have the stops too tight? Still long $WDC & $BABA @DAN How about some short ideas for upcoming strategy session? Do semis follow the path of $AAOI and $LITE ?
- champ: $IWN $TNA --- Small cap is working today, not all but the $RUT is working. Most all the large cap stocks are down today, taking down the the markets...big dow stocks like $AAPL, is weighting on the markets. It will be interesting and important to see how the markets, react going into the close. Bank stock have turned up off the lows but are still down.
- grcjr: @DrScience $SWKS - woo hoo. Long. $AMT also 52 week high. $AAPL still close. Thanks for your posts. Regards.
- debeers: The FANGS WEIGH IN $AMZN- up 1.36% $FB -up .86% $GOOG up ..13% $AAPL upo .38%
- grcjr: $AAPL news - per MidnightTrader - Apple might delay new iPhone launch to a month or two due to supplier issues. Sometimes in the past they have announced on schedule but the availability was later.
- audrina0904: @grcjr $AAPL I dont know that I believe this...they would rather create demand by having less to sell...runs it further into christmas season.
- grcjr: @audrina0904 $AAPL - as for truth ... only time will tell. MidnightTradeer is sometimes correct and sometimes not. In separate post Barrons is advising caution. Another post reports ApplePay in Russia. What am I doing? Watching the charts. Trading the charts.The news just moves my focus a bit to see if the charts have changed. Long $AAPL stock and Calls. Hmmm. Might be time to roll the Calls.
- grcjr: @audrina0904 $AAPL - Earnings 5/2 after the close. according to Fidelity. CC same day.
- debeers: $AAPL/$AMZN--If i held AAPL, I'd want the delay to be as long as possible because what usually happens is that the stock runs into the launch. Regarding AMZN, have you ever noticed that when $AMZN wants to get into a field that the competitors in the field automatically dive? I have. So, if you like $AMZN, when you see that they are into grocers, place puts against the grocers. Otherwise, just own $AMZN stock.
- champ: $AAPL @ $143.55 $SSNLF @ $1,846 up $346....AAPL ordered 70m of the OLED panels from them, for their iPhone 8...I'm reading.
- LigeR: $AAPL Lousy morning, not a lot of volume. Some folks taking profits from the lows at 138.5? Looks like the continuation of yesterday's afternoon trading.
- champ: @LigeR $AAPL --- Really looks ok...it's just flat...the markets are still down 55 points as of now....but I have NP. The markets are trying to turn...and I'm watching $APPL and if it turns green that could pull up the markets....is my guess.
- LigeR: @champ $AAPL yes, looks ok to me too, just flat. Now it seems the bottom has been called and the move up may resume.
- champ: $AMZN $ $874.37 HOH and ATH ...breaking out now... as $AAPL is moving the markets up a little...Apple moves the dow $DJI.
- Aragorn: $AAPL to the highs or ever stay long
- DavidM: $AAPL is in a 3% squeeze less than $2 away from its all time high. It is a bit extended but has been doing a fine job of ignoring the recent downdrafts. Certainly can't know for sure, but my guess is that if the market holds up this squeeze is likely to break to the upside.
- steve71: $AAPL Added this morning. Two catalysts. First, the next iPhone is projected to do very well. Second, Apple has $216B in profits held overseas. I am betting that share price will drift up for a couple of more months in anticipation of a new tax bill/repatriation. Whether that bill actually passes is another matter. But investors seem to believe, as the stock has climbed 15% since mid January.
- RedLeaf1: @steve71 Good call. $AAPL just hit a new all-time high and large numbers of out-o-the-money calls are being bought.
- champ: @steve71 $AAPL ---- I really like to seeing Apple moving up because when they move up they take the markets up with then....a great stock to watch for market direction....but I have NP. LOL
- Aragorn: $AAPL All time highs go ahead and short it I dae you
- woodman: #FAANG stocks $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $GOOGL - all look good and/or on the verge of moving up, with the exception of $GOOGL which may have found support here but is not out of the woods.
- inthesticks: @Henry $AAPL I hate to buy at HOD but I guess its not going to take a break.
- phgruver: @Forexpro $VIX $SPX $SPY Interesting article. Not in depth, but I did take a look at some numbers. $SPY trades around 81m shares/day. $AAPL, it's largest component trades about 26m. $XOM, 12m, $MSFT 23m, etc. I think he may be on to something....
- steve71: $AAPL $SMH $EEM Trickling into a few positions. Seems highly likely that some health care bill will be passed. The consequences of failure would be really bad. It will probably be down to the wire.
- DAN: #MARKET -- Several breakouts this morning on high profile stocks are fading. Look at $AMZN, $BABA, $FB, $NFLX and $AAPL. AMZN and BABA are down on the day, but were up at the open. This weakness in these high profile stocks speaks to what's happening in the market. There is no buying interest at higher prices. Money is not "chasing" stocks; it is waiting underneath them. This subterranean buying interest (a phrase that I just made up) is what's propping up the market. But the lack of aggressive buying is what's keeping the market from taking off.
- Kid2old: @DAN $AMZN $BABA $FB $NFLX $AAPL #MARKET #subterranean buying interest - I like the term
- glens13: @DAN $AMZN $BABA $FB $NFLX $AAPL #MARKET - well said. so what propels the market in the next 9 trading days? end of quarter window dressing? or profit taking?
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AMZN $BABA $FB $NFLX $AAPL #MARKET ... subterranean buying I can live with. Its the Puerto Rico Trench buying that I have nightmares about.
- michaelH: @DAN $AMZN $BABA $FB $NFLX $AAPL #MARKET I think the market is waking up to the good possibility that Trump's agenda may be running into trouble with all the other crap/distractions going on!
- DAN: @michaelH $AMZN $BABA $FB $NFLX $AAPL #MARKET I agree with you. A lot of the demand underneath stocks is based on regulatory reduction, tax reduction, and infrastructure spending (roads, bridges...and the "big beautiful wall" ( ;0] ). And with so much noise in the works, I think it's very likely that a lot of that stuff gets chatted up...but won't get done (other than a small version of what was promised). Hope I'm wrong -- but my opinion doesn't count. Neither does anyone's opinion. What matters is what the market things. And right now, the market isn't particularly optimistic, and we're seeing that play out in stocks.
- grcjr: $AMD $MU $NVDA $AMAT even $INTC and $AAPL - chips moving up today.
- judysteiner: $AAPL quietly moving up this am, holding its 8 ema added.took 1.38$ out of a 59n min trade @Dan great course
- indigo1948: $FB/fb $AAPL - looking at the daily charts their patterns show similar uptrends
- RedLeaf1: @debeers $LRCX $AAPL Thanks for this post.
- debeers: $LRCX-March came in like a lion but everyone will say, come earnings time in April: "Wow! it went out like a Lam!" One stop shop. This won't be a one hit wonder for earnings. This is a long term moneymaker. So-- just for sh--s and giggles: let's inject a teeny bit of reality, shall we? You know $AAPL, the stock that all the smarty pants are trying to cram down your throat?? The one you should "just own and don't trade?." Here's what $LRCX has done: 1 yr 64.3%, 3 yrs.-149.3%, 203% for 1-3-5 years Here's what $AAPL has done: 35%, 98.9%, 85.4% for 1-3-5 years
- debeers: @RedLeaf1 $LRCX $AAPL - you are very welcome. I cannot promise to be right all the time. Only the fools and the liars can promise to do that.
- JBed: @debeers $LRCX $AAPL Nice! I'm with you on this one. Kindly post when you add to your position.
- riskmanager: $AAPL Seems to be making a strong move today out of a brief period of consolidation. Anyone looking at this?
- captron: @riskmanager $AAPL It received a new target price this morning from someone.
$AAPL is an inside week setup and was rev strat day up on Friday.
$BABA is an inside inside week tight range 105.20 is a horizontal resistance Line I have
$NFLX is an inside week
$QQQ inside week – the strongest of all the 4 major indexes
- mradams0621: @BinaryJay17 Has to be some kind of market manipulation. Just think what you could do if you could move the market like that one way or the other, like the big guns can. The low on $AAPL $136 near the money calls was .o5. Last trade on that ramp was .58 That's a 10 bagger in less than an hour. The puppeteers made millions on that move.
- TunaHelper: Keeping a $AAPL here as it seems to be in a slight megaphone-like pattern. If that pattern is valid, it seems somewhat extended as it in the top of the range . See attached chart. Seems like there is a lot of optimism / bullishness on the company though.
- indigo1948: @TunaHelper $AAPL - agree on being extended and yet on the daily chart it is not outside the upper Bollinger Bands. It breached this upper band on February 1st but instead of pulling back within the bands and possibly retreating to the mid-line it just kept on moving up. As the bands have expanded it is now within the bands - in my opinion it suggests quite a bit of strength going forward.
- TunaHelper: @indigo1948 $AAPL The lower BB's has hooked a bit on the bottom, which potentially suggests that it is first going to do a bit of resting / consolidating sideways (which I think is one observation @Dan mentioned in one of his seminars a year or two back). Volume has been light and somewhat decreasing over the past few days, which seems to suggest some exhaustion in the move rather than any explosive follow-through much higher.
- judysteiner: $AAPL reentered when it was red , steadily climbing back
- judysteiner: $aapl on a 1 min chart climbing the 8 ema...always tradde around my log term aapl
Stops took me out of $COR and $NVDA today, re-entered small position in $NVDA just to keep ":an iron in the fire". Established new positions in $BEAT, $LITE, $HMY, $OCLR, $OLED (hope 3rd times the charm!), $SINA, $TREE. Holding small po ...
- ROSEY: @grcjr $APPL IS THIS $AAPL?
- grcjr: $AAPL - I'm hearing "Super Cycle" too much. Talk about various BIG markets. Are they setting a target that they can't possibly meet?
- grcjr: @ROSEY $APPL $AAPL Yes. I edited my original post. Thanks for the note.
- orpheusredux: $AAPL overbought? Sold a higher call against my NOV 140. Stock is now up 9% from the close the day of the earnings report. Pretty big move. I'm synthetically taking profits by spreading my call.
- DAN: Good morning. Another flat open as the Dow and Nasdaq bump against record intraday highs set yesterday. At some point, stocks are going to break out. The post-election rally essentially peaked in mid-December, yet stocks have not corrected. Fast ...
- JJT1: $AAPL rallying into close.
- orpheusredux: @JJT1 $AAPL Good for longs (like me).
- DAN: $AAPL hitting a new post-earnings high this morning. Look at the 15 minute chart and you'll see a pretty impressive pop out of a volatility squeeze. I'm not chasing this stock, but thought I'd mention it.
- DrScience: @vfr777 $AVGO still has a month before earnings release, and $SWKS/$AAPL reports helped. CMF confirming a move higher, but volume is falling. Latecomers chasing or bears covering ahead of the weekend -- maybe both. $AMD Yesterday's high of 12.66 now the mark to beat. Volume back to normal RHRN, and CMF not confirming a move higher -- yet.
- vfr777: @DrScience $AVGO $SWKS $AAPL $AMD holding on. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- orpheusredux: @champ $AAPL Closed call fly yesterday w/ >200% gain (woohoo). Kept JUN call spread. Similarly with $AGN closed call fly w/ small gain (stock running hard now) but kept ITM call spread. Still holding $REGN via call spread and will risk holding through earnings. Long $SRPT from $30 with stock. Risky, but it's been chopped in half.
Looking at the Profile of the E-minis, the price action currently is toward the top of the overnight range, and the bulk of the activity has been above the top of yesterday's regular session range. $AAPL isn't the market leader it once was, but it d ...
- captron: $AAPL - Out for a nice 6% overnight trade. Don't trust it to stay up.
- champ: $AAPL....OUT
- TCW23: @champ $AAPL ditto! at 130.45 :-)
- champ: $TNA $MDY $LABU --- This bounce is the real deal....and if $AAPL beats the markets could go a lot higher tomorrow....if they miss....don't really know..?? it all depends on how much...
- grcjr: $AAPL looks good at first look.
- traderbren: @grcjr $AAPL - yep, very good! Let's see if it hold. I think $AAPL gained from the Samsung burning issues!
- grcjr: @traderbren $AAPL - CNBC mentioned it but added that the numbers were higher than just Samsung.
- Forexpro: @grcjr $AAPL Thanks, Grcjr, Yeah, 6 bucks and change in the first minute following the release; first up, then down, then predominantly to the upside. We'll see how it goes after the call gets underway. The WSJ is indicating a beat on revenue, but a miss on the bottom line. The latter still beat announced analyst expectations, coming in at 3.38, vs 3.22 expected. Revenue was 78.2 bn vs expectations of 77.4 bn. I couldn't identify an option play that I found attractive, so no position. Just nostalgia. :) All the best!
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL - I had some profitable Calls ... closed earlier today. Still long stock. So have my cake but no icing.
- AndStars: $AAPL at or about 52-week high 121.63.
- Ralph0172: @Bridget $GOOGL $FB $BABA $VIRT $HD $MHK $HUM $AET $CI $ESRX $CVS $QCOM $AAPL : Thank you, always appreciate your updates, observations, and input.
- Bridget: Notes: $GOOGL - making a earnings run $FB - also appearing to make a run higher, ER on 2/1 $BABA - breaking higher and reports tomorrow morning $VIRT - breakout on volume, ER on 2/2 $HD - breakout of a squeeze, nearing the 52 week high, ER 2/21 $MHK - also breakout from squeeze, ER on 2/9 $HUM and $AET deal is blocked, $CI, $ESRX and $CVS are now potential buyers $QCOM down on news of being sued by $AAPL
- DrScience: $SWKS on Mad Money this afternoon, probably gonna get a Cramer bump tomorrow. 26M shares traded hands over the past 3 days vs. about 3M 14-day average volume. Had to giggle when Liam Griffin described their largest customer ($AAPL) as their "largest customer."
- champ: @DrScience $SWKS $AAPL ---- #NEWS...Just a note to point out a little info on....$SWKS.....out of the top 15 highest operating margins in the semiconductor space... they have the 3rd highest operating margins.... but the lowest P/E at 12x FY2017 numbers. Most believe that a multiple of 15x-18x is justified...for that reason I think the stock could break $100 in the short term. This #NEWS was posted by Craig Hallum on Friday 1/20...along with an upgrade. I had a late entry and I only have a small position.
- rck89: @DrScience $SWKS Fabulous summary report! Since I've stopped trading $AAPL, I'd forgotten about $SWKS. Guess I'll have to put it back on my radar. Thanks.
- DrScience: @rck89 $SWKS $AAPL Don't be complacent! Apple is still the number uno customer, and as Apple goes, so goes Skyworks, at least, until autonomous vehicles take over the highways and byways in the 2020's. Then, it's "To infinity... and beyond !" ;-)
- rck89: @DrScience $SWKS $AAPL Of course you are right on $AAPL. But at $120 and a market cap of " lord knows what", I'd rather play some of their suppliers and other "hanger on-ers"! So please give me some other names!
- DrScience: @rck89 $SWKS $AAPL I think @woodman has a list of movers in the $SMH space you'll like. Also, remember we have a position in $AVGO which has outperformed $SWKS -- and just about everybody else -- over the past year.
- shoredriver: $QCOM $AAPL $INTC....hope the lawsuit gives $INTC a bump....
- Forexpro: @cmaxwel1 $NFLX LOL, Thanks, Cmaxwel1, Suspect they missed a "1" in front of the "68", although an analyst who is no longer at Morningstar kept a "fair value" of around 35 on $AAPL as it moved to 200, pre-split. Gotta give the guy credit for consistency, I suppose, but he does appear to have moved on. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- ROSEY: @bigbartabs $MU #1 Your post is interesting to me tho i am lucky to be able to turn on a toaster in the kitchen and use our MAC in the kitchen, only because my Daughter showed me how to turn it on (lol)and use it a bit. My GKids have posted on ...
- JJT1: $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL My insistence on holding the FANG&A stocks is being tried as $GOOGL is definitely no $AMZN. $AAPL continues to consolidate at high level and rest, $AMZN amazes, NFLX seems to be breaking slowly out of cup and handle, $FB got the memo about an earnings run, $GOOGL is dogging it.
- tradeforfamily: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL holding 3 of the 5, $FB $NFLX $AMZN
- JJT1: @tradeforfamily $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL Cherry picked the movers! ;-)
- JJT1: $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL FANG stocks and apple now all sideways but between their EMA and upper BB. Never owned them all at same time.Bought $AMZN Jan 795 calls this AM thinking after 2 inside days was poised to move today. Wrong (so far). Also thought $NFLX would move higher so bought Feb 130 Calls. Still to decide whether owning FANGA is smart or dumb.
- champ: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL --- Not really anything wrong with moving sideways ...thats positive...not negative but we need to see if they hold....and they do need to consolidate after the nice move that they all had. Drugs took everything down...now traders/investors are watching for direction and thinking about...what to do...but nothing has really changed but the market needs to confirm if thats true... before it moves back-up...don't really know how long thats going to take...maybe today or in the next few days...most banks are holding for now..and also moving sideways and down a little... $XLF $KRE $KBE $FAS $BAC.
- Bruce B.: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL ....Looking better, yes JJ
|Stock Price||$USD 153.72|
Apple Inc designs, manufactures, & markets mobile communication & media devices, personal computers, & portable digital music players, & sells a variety of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions, & third-party digital content.Request Video of AAPL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apple Inc: Out of consolidation to the downsideBy Bridget July 8th, 2015
- Apple testing support at the 21 day moving averageBy Josh December 18th, 2013
- A look at Apple Inc. in the Post-Icahn Tweet Period (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Dan August 14th, 2013
- Apple Inc.: The 200-Day Moving Average CeilingBy Dan August 6th, 2013
- Apple Inc implied volatility dissipating as shares trickle higher (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Josh August 2nd, 2013
- Apple finding support right above prior lowBy Josh June 28th, 2013
- Apple firming up at the 50 day moving average.By Josh June 7th, 2013
- August 1st, 2017 - 2017 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 11.52 78.18%
- $USD 17.31 30.97%
- $USD 9.76 23.06%
- $USD 6.85 -19.20%
- $USD 32.58 -19.16%
- $USD 17.71 -15.65%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!