ABIOMED Inc. (NASDAQ:ABMD)
Old Forum Content for ABMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: @Bridget $TCMD #ipo Thanks Bridget. TCMD is in an excellent group - medical products - IBD group 15. Others in the group include $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW. Will check it out. NP yet. We do own ABMD and EW. $TCMD is in a high base that looks like $OSUR, don't ya thunk?
- Bridget: @issues $TCMD $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW #ipo It is in consolidation just below all time highs.
- woodman: $ABMD - looks like a successful test of rising support with uptrend intact. Back up through the 50 day.
- issues: @woodman $ABMD added this morning. thanks Woodie!!
- woodman: $ABMD - pull back took it to a close lower than the 50 day yesterday, but hammer/bullish engulfing close back above the 50 day today. May not be out of the woods, but low risk buy here.
- woodman: $ABMD - back to the 50 day which has been a good spot for this one in this uptrend.
- woodman: @Bridget $ALGN - same with med device cohort $ABMD.
- Bridget: $ABMD getting a bounce today. heading higher rhrn.
- bsafriet: @Bridget $ABMD Txs for the update Bridget. Added shares yesterday. Long stock
- woodman: $ABMD - not sure why this is down because earnings and guidance look decent (at first blush, anyway). It has pulled back to the 50 day which has been support during the uptrend. This may be a good entry spot. I held my shares through earnings; still long.
- tigerjohn8: @woodman $ABMD Also holding it nervously. Don't see where to put a good stop since it bounced off 140 repeatedly. So I have a stop at 139 but feel that's sloppy.
- woodman: Lots of reporting by the #MedicalDevices stocks today and tomorrow. For instance: $EW $MDXG $ABMD $ALGN $SYK.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ABMD ABIOMED Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ABMD&clip=88439
- woodman: $ABMD breaking out of squeeze. Earnings 7/27 bmo.
- woodman: $MDXG - $ABMD similar to MDXG.
- bRobert: $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD Perkiness medical technology. Some consolidating and squeezing
- woodman: @bRobert $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD - All the medical "stuff" - devices; instruments/supplies; diagnostics/research - I have are working well today and/or are in good spots to buy.
- woodman: #MedicalDevices - I've been a fan of these for a while now. $GMED is where $SYK just was before $SYK popped today (i.e. moving along the 50d). $ABMD and $MDXG are similarly situated. (ABMD is already moving off the 50d.)
- arrow: @woodman $GMED $SYK $ABMD $MDXG #MedicalDevices $NVRO another name in this space, moving up after a little consolidation (following positive pre-announcement spike).
- gwenzee: @woodman #Medical Currently holding $ABMD (Med. Device) and Biotechs $INCY $KITE $PBYI $BLUE. All positive with exception of BLUE. May I ask what you are holding?
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $INCY $KITE $PBYI $BLUE #Medical - My current #biotechs are $CEMP and $CALA . The third one I mentioned is $ATRS, but that's the one I said isn't a biotech (it's med instrument-supply). I've traded $ATRS many times over the years. My last buy back was at $2.60 and I sold most of it recently at $3.17. I still have a little of it. Another I recently had but no longer is $DVAX. I bought $DVAX in the $7.80s and a little more at $8.85, and sold it all at $9.95. I will look to buy DVAX back after this pullback. (Note that DVAX has it's FDA Advisory panel coming July 28.) I have a number of medical instrument-supply/diagnostic-research/medical device stocks as well. I do not have $ABMD, but it is on my watch list and I like it around here as it moves sideways into the rising 50 day.
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $SYK - you're welcome. @gwenzee's $ABMD doesn't look bad here either.
- gwenzee: @woodman $SYK $ABMD Their Impella 2.5 heart pump demonstrated survival rate with Pre-PCI insertion in heart attacks with the left main artery greatly increased as opposed to post-PCI insertion.
- issues: @gwenzee $ABMD Thank you Gwen and Woodie - I added due to your insightful posts.
- gwenzee: @issues $ABMD If 300,000,000 million others add too, we'll be in Fat City.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - well, I did my part. I entered at $142.22.
- woodman: @issues $ABMD - I'm being stingy. I want it under the 34dEMA or even closer to the 50dSMA. I already have $GMED and $SYK in the medical device area, so I don't have to have it. But I could change my mind....
- woodman: @Aragorn $MDXG - nice aragorn. I was looking at it earlier today and I'm interested. Also look at $ABMD here. $GMED continues to rock in the medical device space as well.
- Aragorn: @woodman $MDXG $ABMD $GMED GMED chart looks the best but MDXG and ABMD have minor resistance at the 8ema
- woodman: $ABMD on my pullback watchlist.
- issues: @woodman $ABMD I want to add but will wait for the green! Tomorrow? Maybe.
- woodman: @bRobert $bsx $ew $mdt $masi $beat - $GMED and $ABMD a couple nice climbers in the sector as well.
- gwenzee: @Dan $ULTA $TRU $MTN $LYV $ABMD $INFO $PAH $TRU $PETS $HIIQ I'm learning to take something off the table. Hard to do when stock is heading higher. Booked $15,000 in profits. Bought PETS @ $38.08 and HIIQ @ $23.66 Great feeling when you do the right thing. Had to laugh at the avocado story. We had an avocado tree that was over 2 stories tall and my husband had to wear a hard hat in the backyard when they began to fall. They are like rocks and these were giant avocados.
- issues: @gwenzee $ULTA $TRU $MTN $LYV $ABMD $INFO $PAH $PETS $HIIQ Congrads to you Gwen! What was your biggest profit in? Which stock and how long did you hold it? Thanks!
- gwenzee: @issues $ULTA $TRU $MTN $LYV $ABMD $INFO $PAH $PETS $HIIQ Biggest profit ($7939) was my original buy of MTN on 3/10/16. Still have most of my position.
- woodman: @issues $GMED $ABMD $EW $SYK $MZOR - very kind of you to say. You're welcome.
- issues: @woodman $GMED Thank you Woodie! We bought our starter pack. It's in a good group- IBD group 20, along with $ABMD $EW.
- woodman: @issues $GMED $ABMD $EW $GMED - In the same space (medical devices) have you looked at $SYK? I mentioned it a few times around the 50 day and picked it up at 134.79. It's too extended now for my taste in terms of buying it now, but it's another one worth keeping on the radar. I remain long $MZOR as well, also in the space.
- issues: @woodman $GMED $ABMD $EW $SYK $MZOR Thanks for that input Woodie. I looked but I didn't buy SYK. I might buy MZOR. Thanks keep up your excellent suggestions = from all of us little people trying to make a dime, a heart BIG thank you Woodie!!
- woodman: $ABMD @gwenzee; $SYK $GMED - all time high for $ABMD - nice one for you. I missed my entry on this so still no position, unfortunately. I'm long $SYK (bought last week; all time high today) and $GMED (bought today) in the medical device space.
- issues: @DAN $WB Dan I liked your tree analogy. The higher up the tree the less stable the jump up. That's good for WB. Let's face it, it's way up in the top branches and has no base from which to push higher. That analogy has kept me out of trouble. Word pictures are good for remembering basic principles. Now I am trying to decide which of these to add to: $AEIS $IPHI $BZUN $SINA $AMAT $TTD $QRVO $ABMD $AAOI. It's easy to see on the charts which look best but I value your opinion. Thanks Dan.
- woodman: $ABMD @gwenzee - I'd like to pick this up around the 50 dSMA if I can. Not sure if it'll give that opportunity. Still no position.
- gwenzee: $ABMD up 6% AH.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD We talked about this a couple of days ago. Did you buy?
- gwenzee: @RedLeaf1 $MTN This was a Debeers pick. Would love to take credit for this one. Will take credit for $LYV, $ABMD and $MTZ. You might want to listen to their conference calls.
- issues: A big thank you to all you in this forum for suggesting selling prior to earnings. I had forgotten the following report tonight (even though I had it marked on my calendar.) $GKOS $NXPI $CBPO $FB $MCHP and Th is $ABMD (Sold anyway.) I made some good profits! I guess I owe you all a party. Ok tonight, my place, free beer, ok?
- audrina0904: @issues $GKOS $NXPI $CBPO $FB $MCHP $ABMD I'm in, just send your address, DOB and Social Security Number! I'll bring friends! :)
- issues: @audrina0904 $GKOS $NXPI $CBPO $FB $MCHP $ABMD I live far away in an isolated place. So I'll just email you that beer, ok?
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Placed a buy limit of $129.50. Rather antsy this a.m.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I was looking at the chart this morming. I have to wait for a pullback.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Agreed. I read that they had only 7% of the addressable market in the U.S. Also that they beat earnings by about 16% historically. Could be a game changer or a portfolio drag.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - thanks, Gwen.
- Cheezit: @gwenzee $ABMD For what its worth... I have a friend that works there and he tells me they are slammed with work.
- gwenzee: @Cheezit $ABMD "Slammed" with work? Never heard that term before. Does your friend see a big upside? Do you own any?
- gwenzee: @woodman $MZOR I bought it on 4/24. Like what it does. Have you ever taken a look at $ABMD? Your thoughts.
- woodman: @gwenzee $MZOR $ABMD - Gwen, I haven't looked at $ABMD. I guess I have some more homework.
- gwenzee: @woodman $MZOR $ABMD Its Impella line is a percutaneously inserted ventricular assist devise (VAD) used in patients with severe heart failure, cadriogenic shock and high risk PCI. World's smallest heart pump. Enables the heart to rest and increases blood flow. Interesting website. Today will mark an ATCH if it holds. Earnings on 5/4.
- woodman: @gwenzee $MZOR $ABMD - Thanks. I'm curious about it. I'll look into it.
- issues: @Robert1965 $IONS also $ABMD looks to be breaking out.
- pilotski: $ABMD - does anyone have information about why this stock dropped so much this morning
- cmac: @pilotski $ABMD must be something in an 8k filing they made...check the sec Edgar website to read the filing
- bigtex123: @pilotski $ABMD I own it. Barron's had a negative article over the weekend about price gouging. $PFE, $AMGN, $GSK also mentioned negatively. Hoping it will blow over.
- bigtex123: @bigtex123 $ABMD $PFE $AMGN $GSK correction. $ABMD was not mentioned in the article. $ABBV was, I get them confused. Sorry.
- Iceman: $ABMD #ShortPuts - Bought to close ABMD MAR 17 2017 75.0 Puts @ 0.05. They won't trade any lower and still have a month to run. Sold for over 2 points
- issues: Bought the following: $X (good break out - Fast Money or Mad Money did a good job convincing me this is a LTH) & $HQY (Dan did a good presentation a few weeks ago on $HQY.) Added to $XEC $VALE & sold 1/4 position in $ABMD $GILD. Thanks for the mentoring both folks on the Forum and of course Dan -0!!
- champ: $ABMD --- climbing
- issues: @champ $ABMD We are holding on with both hands - white knuckling it.
- champ: $FIZZ @ $54.40 up 2.3% ...was HOD - Going into the X-Date tomorrow for a $1.50 div....but never any volume.... here are a few other low volume stocks....all could be called sleeper stocks....$LGIH $ELF $TTD $ABMD $RGR ($OSB great stock... the world largest osb board lumber company...every home has it)...I'm long all but $TTD because I was stopped out.
- champ: $ABMD .....Stopped Out......
- issues: @Bridget $ELF Do you have any shorts on? I am thinking of these as shorts: $JAZZ $MOH $NKE $PAYC $AMGN. I like these as longs $ABMD $FB $NXPI
- champ: $ABMD and $FB ....Day trading with stops @ entry ....but both stops have now been moved up to trailing and if I swing....I will be taking 1/2 off and new trailing stops. After the market closes today.... I will be looking for more targets but only if we get another up market day.
- champ: $FB and $ABMD swinging both into the AH's.....
- Bridget: Notes: $PBF, $TSO, $AEIS, $CWEI - big breakout on volume but still pulling back. Will likely be the highs we'll see for awhile $NTES - shot across the bow $ELLI - phase 2 $MAS - also breaking down with $COST, $LOW, $SHW, $GLW $ABMD - still holding at support $WB, $SINA, $YY, $TSLA, $WMB, $OXY, $TRP - breaking down out of a squeeze $D - inside day, off of support $AET - breaking down $YUM - at 52 week low $WCG - the one stock that is working $MPEL - breaking out higher before earnings
- issues: @Bridget $PBF $TSO $AEIS $CWEI $NTES $ELLI $MAS $COST $LOW $SHW $GLW $ABMD $WB $SINA $YY $TSLA $WMB $OXY $TRP $D $AET $YUM $WCG $MPEL Thank you Bridget for this analysis. NTES is one that looks to be short-able at this point, don't ya thunk?
- champ: @janner0814 - $USO....I posted about news on WTI-Oil info....on Friday at 02:12 ET. In that post I said I was HOLDING all my positions because this was old Oil news but I did take profits on $AMZN....that I bought earlier in the morning. I also point ...
- issues: @champ $VRX Champ we went with you on $ABMD yesterday and bought an additional 1/4 position, but looks like we missed their earnings expectations. Are you still holding ABMD? We are.
- champ: @issues $VRX $ABMD - I posted that this was a Day Trade and I also posted that I sold. But I will be watching.....maybe for a new position....NP at this time. LOL
- Iceman: $ABMD #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 ABMD Mar 17 2017 70.0 Put @ 1.70 with the stock at 96.51
- issues: @captron $RICE This was one I was considering. It's been a great stock but for some reason is in the penalty box, downtrend. It's not under accumulation now with an IBD accumulation rating of C. I am going to wait for a more clear upward bias. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It has been one of the best oil plays and probably will be again. I'm just hesitant after taking a chance on $ABMD yesterday and am down 10% today.
- champ: $ABMD @ $101 for now and the stock is climbing ...I will be swing 1/2 of this Day trade.....it is now up over $6 off the low....and it's acting like it's wants to go even higher....I got back in near the low. If you read the earnings report everything seems alright ....margins were 83.2% but down a little ....revs were in line and they reaffirmed guidance....However, they missed by $0.05 but the stock is climbing with 4 x avg volume.....this is working for now.
- TunaHelper: @champ $ABMD Hi champ - Nice entry! Was there a particular signal you were looking at to get back in (e.g., it crossing the 21ema on the 5min)?
- champ: @TunaHelper $ABMD - No not really ...I just read the earnings report and waited for the turn....you can see it on the 5 min chart.
- TunaHelper: @champ $ABMD Cool. Makes sense. Thank you!
- Cheezit: @champ $ABMD Yes good entry.. I got in a bit higher. Don't ask me about my buddy who works there and told me to buy it at $20 in 2014...Dohh!!
- champ: @Cheezit $ABMD - Make sure you don't tell anybody.......
- Cheezit: @champ $ABMD lol.. Well I didn't buy...and it wasn't inside info. He said the products were great and should do very well. He was right.
- champ: $ABMD the low was $109.79 RHRN down over $11 points ----- dropping going into earnings Tomorrow in the AM...they beat the on the last 3 earnings reports by 51% 26% and 26% ----I'm now Spec long day trade.
- issues: @champ $ABMD How confident are you? Did you buy 1/3 or 1/4 position? We also are holding $EW & $ABMD. We are considering buying more but aren't sure yet. Thanks for answering!
- shoredriver: @issues $ABMD $EW who is the we you refer to?
- champ: @issues $ABMD $EW - I posted that I was day trading.....day trading only....but I might swing 10-20% of my 1/4 size position but it depends on what I see going into the close....however, I might not even make it that far.... I sold my position out on 10/18 @ $130.77......LOL.
- champ: $ABMD .....OUT .....This day trade now ..make a little ....but 8 x volume to the down side ...so I'm out.
- Bridget: Notes: $AKS, $FCX, $CLF, $X, $XME - Steel stocks made a move today but then pulled back. False breakout or just giving us a better entry? Not sure yet. $CLVS - right at support $GHL - bullish engulfing candle and reversal $CWEI - huge reversal and new high $EDU - gap and run to new high $PG - gap but right back into resistance $RTN - rising going into earnings after LMT's big jump, I'm playing a quick earnings trade $STX - still looking toppy $ABMD - breaking down $PVH - breaking down $EW - breaking down $S - breaking down $GBX - shot across the bow $JPEP and $MON - both are trading below the expected buyout prices $GLW, $SHW, $MMM, $HD - all these well performing stocks are showing weakness today Falling knife - $SONC , $JACK, $MHK, $CYNO, $STS, $MAS
- sparky: $ABMD - Attempting a breakout, on increased volume.
- champ: $TTD and $ABMD - Nice moves....both working. See post on info on both ....I also have swing positions and I added to $TTD yesterday.....but I'm underwater a little on both positions.
- tradeforfamily: @champ $TTD $ABMD $TTD is moving.
- champ: @tradeforfamily $TTD $ABMD - Going to hold on to both....Dan likes $ABMD because of the chart and the news flow ...they did beat on earnings raised the lower end of revenue guidance. I like $TTD because of the research that I did and I really believe this stock can go much higher...I posted a few of the reasons why the other day.
- issues: @woodman $XBI $ALNY $IONS Good points. We continue to patiently hold $IBB and $IONS. The product line and research in IONS looks great to me. We are long term holders of these. But the ones we are disappointed with (but still holding) are $GILD and $VRX $VRTX $JAZZ. Doing well with $CBPO and $ABMD. That $WBMD (also holding) seems like it's turning around.
- Larryzz: $ABMD Ain't that a bearish engulfing pattern I see?
- rokey: @Dan, what's your take on this trade long $ABMD (25% of pos) at 130.5 setting stop at 124.5. Add, wait or bail out? tks.
- Bridget: @rokey $ABMD I would wait and add if there is a bounce off the 20 or 50MA. Moving averages are still pointing up.
|Stock Price||$USD 193.43|
Abiomed, Inc. is a provider of mechanical circulatory support devices and it offers a continuum of care in heart recovery to heart failure patients.Request Video of ABMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 25th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 11.00 21.97%
- $USD 50.25 18.36%
- $USD 32.75 15.14%
- $USD 65.94 -12.79%
- $USD 25.50 -10.63%
- $USD 54.12 -10.28%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 52,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (52,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!