iShares Core U.S. Aggregate Bond (:AGG)
Old Forum Content for AGGMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- judysteiner: Good Morning friends... I Made a new scan that I am very excited about. Here are the top bunch of tickers.. look at the last 2 daily candles. $SHY, $AGG, $NEE, $SEE, $GMCR, $TWC.$ILMN,$DLR<$EQIX, $DPS,$CLX,$DPZ,$SPB, $ABMD,$LAD, $BIV,$HII $BWLD---ALL traded over 500,000 shares on fri, next few over 400k..$ATHN $AMCX
- Tr8dr: @judysteiner $SHY $AGG $NEE $SEE $GMCR $TWC $ILMN $DLR $EQIX $DPS $CLX $DPZ $SPB $ABMD $LAD $BIV $HII $BWLD $ATHN $AMCX Hi Judy, just wondering what media you use for your scans? is it Finvis screener?
Always Scan SPX SH $SDS TLT $SPY EFA $EEM IWM $QQQ ZLP $GLD SLV $IEF TLT $AGG NYA $IEF XLF $DIA DOG for information
Now back out and look at 2 years worth of Data its Amazing Like a Crystal Ball
Other indicators MACD WATCH THE Chart CROSS X o ...
$TLT 20+ year increasing today from a lower trend line. $AGG Barclays Basket of Bonds moving up yields 2.80%
I don't know anything about bonds, but I have some shares of $AGG and MUB. It's better than keeping money in a CD. I still struggle with stock trades and option trades. May be I'm just plain stupid or stubborn (likely both!), but I'm not giving u ...
- Henry: $AGG BND Hi @Steve, welcome back. I'm not familiar with either of these issues but they seem to permanently live in what @Dan would call #squeeze territory. Bollinger makes a point of stocks being in the tightest #squeeze in 6 months. Not so in either of these. More to the point, bonds are in competition with stock when the yields are high. The yields aren't high and even it they are going higher, that's not where you want to buy bonds. As yields go higher the price drops. You want to buy bonds when yields are high or better yet at the peak. That's not now. @Jan2138 may disagree, and that's OK. We have disagreed before without having "write your name in the snow contests", unlike certain posts earlier today involving neither of us. He's a former bond trader and I'm happy to accept he is smarter than I.
- ssteve: $AGG BND - @Henry, thanks. You are most likely right about bonds not being the place to be, if the interest rates rise.
- ssteve: Have not posted for a while here. I want to bring to your attention that bonds, $AGG BND are in bollinger #squeeze to an upside. Are we in early stages of transition from stocks to bonds?
$AGG,iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond Fund,NYSE
$AGZ,iShares Barclays Agency Bond,NYSE
AIV.G,Apartment Investment Mgmt-Preferred,NYSE
$AKP,Alliance Ca Muni Incm Fd Inc,NYSE
ALM,Allmerica Securities Trust,NYSE
ALP.O,Alabama Power Company,NYSE
|Stock Price||$USD 109.95|
The investment seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Index (the "underlying index"). The fund generally seeks to track the performance of the underlying index by investing approximately 90% of its assets in the bonds represented in the underlying index and in securities that provide substantially similar exposure to securities in the underlying index. The underlying index measures the performance of the total U.S. investment grade bond market. As of April 30, 2012, there were 7,929 issues in the underlying index.Request Video of AGG
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!