Align Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN)
Old Forum Content for ALGNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- numbers: There is a lot of ways to look at data. The report column are: ticker, no days above 20d sma for the last 200 days, growth for 200 days, relative price using the 200 day high/low, ATH (1000 day look back) or 200 day high. $ALGN 194 164 0.98 $CBOE 188 49 0.99 $AABA 185 63 0.95 $BABA 183 85 0.93 $GDOT 182 136 0.9 $PYPL 182 93 0.96 ATH $ISRG 182 68 0.96 ATH $NOVT 180 128 0.96 $IPGP 180 109 0.99 ATH $VRSN 180 39 0.99 ATH $ANET 178 145 0.99 ATH $TRU 177 70 0.98 ATH $MA 176 40 0.94 $TCEHY 175 97 0.99 ATH $RHT 174 62 0.99 $FAF 174 42 0.9 $ADBE 172 59 0.97 $PENN 170 93 0.97 $CGNX 169 103 0.99 $ABMD 169 85 0.96 $JOBS 169 74 0.91 $MCD 169 34 0.91 $TTWO 168 118 0.96 $WK 168 73 0.86 $SBAC 168 57 0.92 *I am not good at split handling, also my vendor may have not been tracking the stock from the issue date so ATH may not match the real data. I do the same report sorted by growth rate. I also do the same report for the last 100days and 50days.
1. $ALGN – slowing down…but still advancing. I wouldn’t overstay my welcome here. What’s the potential for further upside?
2. $ANET – as previously noted…the shakeout, once reversed, can be a POWERFUL signal o ...
14. $ALGN – Growth stock. Still going. Declining volume on Friday’s pullback. About average volume today. Should be using trailing stops. Undisciplined entry. Buying today doesn’t give you credit for the 30% move that ALGN ha ...
1. $ALGN – up $56 since 10/12 note. Still going. Expanding EPS/Rev growth. Current Status: Steep uptrend.
2. $ALRM – taking this off the list. Earnings prompted bug selloff. Long time to rebuild…whenever that may be. Oversold ...
- DAN: $ALGN -- would recommend placing stops on this just below yesterday's low of $246. Stock is still moving higher, and we want to hang on to these winners as long as possible and let the stock tell us when it's time to leave. But as the stock rises, we should be giving is less room because of the probability of a reversal. And when a stock has gone parabolic, a drop in buying pressure can have significant impact.
COTD: $SEDG -- Looks like $ALGN. Short squeeze. Might still go higher. Buying all day
$SPX – tax selloff. Successful test of the 20-day MA. Uptrend still intact. Nothing else to say. (If anyone still needs convincing, is it yet obvious ...
- champ: $ALGN @ $249 ---- They were at a conference yesterday and will be at another one tomorrow 11/9 ....appears that they could be making positive comments....the stock is trying to move up even more....HOD and another ATH, could keep climbing even further...a slow #BreakOut....looking for more positive News tomorrow... from this management conference......no real reason to sell this stock......still holding.
- champ: $AMZN and $ALGN but I didn't miss these...
- bRobert: $ALGN rolling up calls. On guard for blow off top.
- Ottawagreg: @woodman $KEM $ESIO I sold $ALGN going into ER and held $KEM. I am not doing this right am I? From what I read the ER was a deep fly home run. Fortunately i did not have a real big position. Still sucks tho
- gwenzee: @Ottawagreg $KEM $ESIO $ALGN You might want to try Woodman's and my smoothie.
- woodman: @issues $KEM $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT -I simply don't know what to make of this odd, announced "quiet period" in $KEM. When I think quiet period, I think buyout. But I don't think of a buyout with an announced quiet period. I might be inclined to buy it back when the dust settles if I could make heads or tails of the situation. Obviously, the Market is spooked by it. I see $CORT is on that list. I sold mine today before earnings.
- issues: @woodman $KEM was on Dan's long term hold list that he went over last weekend. I guess Dan goofed short term. Also on Dan's LTH list were: $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET (he said to hold through earnings. Earnings growth up... wow is me today but still holding. Also on his list were: $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT... (not sure where his list is posted.) Ironically KEM is still #1 in ELECTRONIC-PARTS GROUP #47 and rated 99 Cumulative and B- accumulation. And still on the IBD 50 list.
- geotheo: @issues $KEM $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT #1 #47 The list is to the right of the top few posts. Select "Watchlist". Right under "Moving", "Trending.
- tigerjohn8: $ALGN sold half my shares premarket this morning at 224.00. Took Dan's suggestion. Lets see how day goes.
1. $ALGN -- Big blastoff. Even the bears are wearing Invisalign. $EPS was 82 cents/share. Came in at $1.01. Big beat! You should be selling into this. Fractional selling works. 50% happy. I suggested selling on Thursday pm. In this situatio ...
- champ: @DAN --- $ALGN....It looks like you are in the winners circle again, with your stock and I know you said that you have been adding.
- woodman: @champ $ALGN - and thanks @bRobert for this one!
- bRobert: @champ $ALGN My longest term holding. Started accumulating in the $30's. Paid for all my children's orthodonture (ALGN)
- champ: @woodman $ALGN --- Yes, we all need to Thank @bRobert for many of his stock ideas, I do. I wish I had a position but I don't at this time.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN A solid winner more than makes up for a fewflesh wounds and and a rare blowup
- champ: @bRobert $ALGN --- Thats ...Fantastic! I had a dental appointment yesterday and they were all talking about this stock. Good Work!
- bRobert: @champ $ALGN No thanks needed. You all make me better at my game.
- champ: @bRobert $ALGN --- I hear you...but I can't help to think, about all the positions that we are holding... because if things don't go right, this house of cards will drop, hard and fast. However, for now we all have about 50 days before a Vote takes place, on the Tax Bill.
- bRobert: @champ $ALGN . Risk management should keep the shinny side up and the greasy side down.
17. $ALGN – Today’s hammer is a sign of ongoing demand. Earnings on Thursday. RISKY to hold over earnings. Traders are anticipating good earnings.
18. $NFLX – higher low and looking strong. Very choppy and heavily watched (whic ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Squeeze breakout continues. nh Earnings 10/26 Easy holding stock. (many years) Extended
$ALGN – blasting off into earnings on Thursday. Gapped and reversed today. Still very strong, but you should consider taking some off the table before Friday.
$AIMT – need to sell this now. Gap and “crap”. ...
4. $ALGN – Earnings Thursday. Pre-earnings run up in process.
5. $PCTY – Consolidation between $50 and $52. This is still in the buy range (in my opinion). Support should hold at $49, but stock could fall back to $48 and still be ok.
- ab3250: #stops - I pulled all my stops this morning and put them back after the first big flush. I got stopped out of $ALGN $NVMI
- issues: @ab3250 $ALGN $NVMI #stops I also have a stop on $ALGN at $190. Where is your stop on both?
- ab3250: @issues $ALGN $NVMI #stops $NVMI - 28.80 $ALGN - 192.00
9. $ALGN – new high on volume.
10. $ESNT – new high
11. $GWRE – low risk entry here ($77.40), with stop around $75.
12. $BABA – low risk entry here, with 3% stop.
13. $OLLI – careful here. Needs to regain 50-day MA soo ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Squeeze out nh
$ALGN - new high, ER 10/26 Growth Stock
$CZZ - at a good buy point, in a nice uptrend on the daily.
$BLUE - close to breaking out
$AGN - down on news that judge invalidated Restasis patents
$LW - #ipo, new all time high
$BEDU - #ipo new all tim ...
- bRobert: $MZOR . $iSRG . $ALGN Strong. Holding stocks. Top of range. Stops raised on partial
- DAN: $VEEV $NVMI $SUPV $SQ -- Best gainers on the SMM list, though $ALGN is working really well and I've added to my position this morning. Also grabbing $GWRE.
15. $ALGN – still working. Strong in morning, then started selling at 2 pm. Still resting, and starting Phase 1.
16. $CORT – wait for this to settle down. Good fundamentals…but price action makes this risky. High activity and ...
- bRobert: $LNTH $ALGN $CUTR $BEAT LNTH slow breakout ALGN peeking out. CUTR flag. Strong stock BEAT. Good company recovering from short hack job. Higher low. Stop yest low
- DAN: $ALGN starting to break out of the volatility squeeze. Earnings in 15 days.
- tsogles: $ALGN m0ving up to resistance, in vs
- Reif99: $ALGN close to a new high, bought some this morning
- tsogles: $ALGN popping out of squeeze
- issues: @tsogles Thank you tsolgles. I bought it. $ALGN earnings 10/26. Could be an earnings pop, right? How much do you expect it to go? Stop would need to be below 20 day or about $186, right? (6%)
- issues: @tsogles $ALGN I bought a small starter position today. Stop $186
- tsogles: @issues $ALGN I'm not giving it much wiggle room (stop just below today's low) and since this is occuring above the 50 dma I'm hoping it climbs st least to $200. I will put om a trailing stop if this break out holds. Good lock.
- DAN: @tsogles $ALGN That was the appropriate place for your stop. You only get stopped if the breakout fails. Nice job. Dan
- lecoqsportif61: @DAN $ALGN So i have a question here. Is the stock considered over extended ? Looking in reference to 200MA is far up, but in reference to 50MA is not. Which is it?
- haroldzero: @Dan $ALGN $GOOGL Thanks Dan for the earlier post on $ALGN. I got in this morning. In terms of GOOGL, can you cover it tonite pls? Thx Harold
- gbwusc: @DAN $ALGN The move looks great, but the volume is low. Does that matter to you on this move?
- DAN: @haroldzero $ALGN $GOOGL Will do. Google breaking out nicely.
3. $ALGN – Quarterly revs growing 30%+ vs previous year. Breakout from squeeze.
4. $GWRE – Accelerating EPS and Rev Growth for past 4 quarters. Very solid uptrend.
5. $OLLI – Relative strength is good. Slow moving uptrend, and a ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Holding stock. Superior revenue/earnings growth. Bearhug squeeze. Long leap calls.
COTD: $ALGN squeeze setup. Buy point is breakout above $190.
$SPX – careful here. Only closed down 0.25% on a low volume Indigenous Peoples Day. I question how much further upside from here. Lots of stocks are overbought and breaking out ...
- woodman: $ALGN - moving well out of that little squeeze I mentioned.
- Bridget: I have to take off a bit early today. Here are my notes: #Notes: Market Indexes are flat but many stocks are moving higher $XLF $GDX - both mostly flat today $OIH - pullback in gas today but lack of volume $XBI - still in a squeeze $XLY - continuing to breakout IBD50 at new highs $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN - coming close to $1000 $TSLA - made a move higher today $FEYE - new highs $BMY - new high today in this rally $NFLX - almost hit $200 today, day 3, ER on 10/16 $GM - another new high $HLF - big breakout $BXP - breakout $TGT - breaking down from this squeeze
- issues: @Bridget $XLF $GDX $OIH $XBI $XLY $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN $TSLA $FEYE $BMY $NFLX $GM $HLF $BXP $TGT #Notes Thanks Brid. Cramer once said the best place to buy is when a stock hits a new high then pulls back 5 to 8 %. Here's the list of new highs. Any 5% or 65 PULL BACK should be bought. Right on?
- woodman: $ALGN - consistent uptrender seeing some narrowing BBs. Earnings 10/26 amc.
- issues: @woodman $ALGN could it be topping out? But with earnings coming there could be an earnings run.
- woodman: @issues $ALGN - Seems like a buy and hold to me. Just scale in your buys.
- woodman: $ALGN - buy the dips at the 21dEMA or between the 21 and the 34dEMA
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Long term holder. Great holding stock.
- woodman: @bRobert $ALGN - good for you. It's a beaut.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Saw it on Mad money 10 years ago at about $30. Most of my kids used them. Decided to get some of my $$$ back
- Junior1: @bRobert $ALGN Wow. 2008 2009 it was a single digit stock!
- bRobert: @Junior1 $ALGN YUP.. Early growth pains and bad timing with the recession really beat it down (among others)
4. $ALGN – revs growing ~30+%/quarter. Low risk buy point.
5. $TTD – heavily shorted. Small float. In buy range now. Stop below $55.
6. $NVMI – semi fabrication systems. 97 EPS rating.
7. $AMAT – popping out of wee ...
- issues: @PRK $QGEN I like this one (med products - IBD grp 21 along with $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW. Although its not rated well (composite 74) its a B in accumulation. I would like to get a starter in it tomorrow.
- bRobert: $shop $algn Flag breakout to new highs
- DAN: @bRobert $shop $algn Both are looking strong. Good uptrends. $$ --DAN
- bRobert: $ALGN Flag. Holding stock. Long calls
- bRobert: $ALGN $BSX $ISRG nh's Watching pullback MZOR
- bRobert: $isrg $algn $osur. $mzor Nh first 3. mzor starter position. Will add after confirm resumption breakout
- bRobert: $ALGN $BEAT $ISRG $PODD nh
- issues: @Bridget $TCMD #ipo Thanks Bridget. TCMD is in an excellent group - medical products - IBD group 15. Others in the group include $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW. Will check it out. NP yet. We do own ABMD and EW. $TCMD is in a high base that looks like $OSUR, don't ya thunk?
- Bridget: @issues $TCMD $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW #ipo It is in consolidation just below all time highs.
- bRobert: $CORT . $ALGN . $ISRG CORT phase 3 . ALGN . Keeps printing new highs. Great holding stock . ISRG nice bounce off support to top of range. Raised stop on partial postition
- bRobert: $BEAT $EW $ISRG $MDT $EXAS $MZOR $PODD $ALGN . Medical stocks back in like flint
- gwenzee: @bRobert $BEAT $EW $ISRG $MDT $EXAS $MZOR $PODD $ALGN Sorry, I think it is In Like Flynn.
- bRobert: $ALGN Top tier med stock. Invisalign franchise. Raised stop on partial position. Just below high. Very long term holding stock. Few good opportunities to buy.
- Bridget: $ALGN holding up well. Uptrend intact.
- woodman: @Bridget $ALGN - same with med device cohort $ABMD.
- bRobert: @Bridget $ALGN My favorite in Med equipment. I heard of them first on Mad Money in 2007 @ $28.
- bRobert: $BEAT $CUTR $ALGN $PODD $OSUR $EW $GLYC $EXAS Medical equipment perky. Glyc EXAS squeeze. EW long sideways consolidation
- debeers: @bRobert $BEAT $CUTR $ALGN $PODD $OSUR $EW $GLYC $EXAS --$EXAS doing the Cannacord conference tomorrow.
- bRobert: $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH Perky holding stocks. Medical equipment and related catching a bid
- spmeyers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH LNTH is a good short setup
- bRobert: @spmeyers $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH LNTH Not sure I agree. Certainly had no issue breaking back above the 50d. There is perhaps some overhead resistance but from a long term view (weekly), nothing wrong here.
- spmeyers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH I mean for a short-term trade; I agree long-term it looks fine
- Bridget: #Notes: A lot of stocks that have been seeing pullbacks saw a bounce today. $SMH is one OIH - oil is going lower, still lots of overhead resistance. $BP moving higher. $WB $SINA $YY $JD - all making moves higher Some retail pushing higher - $LULU $TGT $EL $EXPR $ODP Medical devices seeing support - $MDT $BEAT $ALGN $TAN $JKS $CSIQ - moving higher $EEM - moving higher $WING - breakout $SAGE - breakout $APO - breakout $KEM - breakout, IBD50 $GRUB $YELP - even higher $TTWO - holding gap IPOs $VST $APPN $HCC $SGH Earnings after close: $LQ $MAR $W $CBI - very high IV $VRX $ALB
- debeers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH --$OSUR-chew 'em up and spit 'em out! Good on you!!
- bRobert: $MELI $ALGN Stellar IBD50 names. 20% run since selloff. Superior. HOLDING stocks
- bRobert: $LOGM $ALGN Both IBD 50 stars up large premarket after stellar earnings reports. Watching for gap and crap. Will hedge profits. Long term holds
- bRobert: $ALGN Good example of buy and hold employee of the year (s). Has gone from $50 to . $170 + in under 3 years without a lot of drama. Still tremendous revenue and EPS growth prospects with world wide expansion.
- bRobert: $ALGN Huge growth revenues/earnings. Up big in AH We'll see what tomorrow brings. Quality company Long term hold. .
- woodman: Lots of reporting by the #MedicalDevices stocks today and tomorrow. For instance: $EW $MDXG $ABMD $ALGN $SYK.
- bRobert: @rbrown2222 $LNC $CYH $TTD $SWIR $VEEV $ALGN Earnings is almost always a crap shoot. Algn tends to surprise to the upside.. Buy protective put spread,, sell upside call, take partial or full profits if large, . Your choice
- rbrown2222: @bRobert $LNC $CYH $TTD $SWIR $VEEV $ALGN, Know you are an investor in this, any feel for earnings Thursday? Thanks
- bRobert: $algn . $SNE . $CP . $KSU ALGN contines slow motion breakout. SNE Flies under the radar . another nh . CP great weekly. Retest of breakout. Will look to add next week if continues to show strength. Targets $180 then $200+. Ksu buying opportunity earlier . Sideways consolidation. Target $130. Will add above $106 for next leg or touch of 50d
- bRobert: $ALGN . $BEAT $EW $SYK $MDT ALGN EW . squeezing higher. BEAT SYK breakouts MDT If regains 50d long term buying opportunity . MASI filling gap. Target 100+
|Stock Price||$USD 259.29|
Align Technology, Inc designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign system, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth.Request Video of ALGN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 265.10 12.71%
- $USD 48.62 7.98%
- $USD 134.15 7.27%
- $USD 8.89 -52.64%
- $USD 22.16 -15.94%
- $USD 20.03 -14.82%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!