Align Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN)
Old Forum Content for ALGNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $ALGN...the same #Day-4
- woodman: @captron - #MedicalDevices - $ABMD - loving it! $ALGN awakening as well, but needs to get up through 50 day. $ISRG has moved up through the 50 and now the 8.
- champ: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices ---- Yes and we are never happy, we all want and expect more.
- shoredriver: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ISRG....nibbling....
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices Two FDA expansions in 2 days didn't hurt ABMD.
- captron: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices I did nibble on $ALGN this morning. At least its on my big radar now. Thanks for your thoughts yesterday.
- sierramp: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ALGN is up through the 50 day now.
- champ: $AGN and $ALGN both up around 5% today and I'm still holding but took profits on 1/2 because of risk management...reasons but would like to add back tomorrow.
17. $ALGN – still rangebound...but tradable bounce at $220. (GSL holding)
18. $ISRG – very choppy, but some like it here. Support at $380.
19. $GRUB – Favorable trial verdict...not an employee. This is a big deal.
- woodman: @Alexander $FCX - I do have $$ in long term stuff, but I also have some available cash. In the long term column, I recently bought $BA and $V, and I recently added to $AMZN and $SIVB. I have also nibbled on $ALGN which I would *like to* hold long term but we shall see how successful I am doing that. I am intrigued by some of the health care plans following their pullbacks, and am considering settling on one for long term with the following as my current candidates: g: $UNH $CI $WCG $CNC. I need further research, however, and I do wonder what affect AMZN's health care initiative will have (though it's likely some time away).
- captron: @woodman Have you compared $ALGN with $ABMD for your long term hold. I wrestled with this for awhile but when $ALGN took the big hit last week, my mind was pretty much made up. Just curious.
- issues: @captron $ALGN $ABMD I like the chart of $ABMD better (holding a small position) than ALGN. $ANET is the best (but sorry to say NP) headed to $300. We added to $ALXN yesterday (probably a mistake) when you look at $CELG. There's always $GILD! ALXN reported 2/8 so it's safe in that episode.
- captron: @issues $ALGN $ABMD $ANET $ALXN $CELG $GILD I agree. Several of my long terms were hit last week so its time to turn some over and I have been shopping for bargains. Charts tell the real story in my mind and with the big sell off last week in $ALGN, I see a lot of pain overhead. Thanks
- woodman: @captron $ALGN $ABMD - I have $ABMD and have had it for some time. It's a staple of my long term holdings at this point. @gwenzee and I discuss it fairly frequently, as she got me into the stock in the first place. $ALGN was one I held for a while, but sold. It's a buy back at this point.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ALGN $ABMD Abiomed received expanded FDA approval for indications for peripartum and postpartum cardiopathy with cardiogenic shock. So why is it down slightly today? It's little heart pump just keeps pumping along for the most part.
- Alexander: @woodman $FCX $BA $V $AMZN $SIVB $ALGN $UNH $CI $WCG $CNC I like your portfolio. You do not need luck. thanks
- woodman: @Alexander $FCX $BA $V $AMZN $SIVB $ALGN $UNH $CI $WCG $CNC - As a further fyi, I do keep some $$ completely outside the Market as well, including even safe vehicles and cash designated entirely for my business and for keeping the lights on. :-)
- woodman: $ALGN - taking a shot at this one.
15. $ATHM – I would not own this. Why? Because I don’t want to own anything now.
16. $ISRG – Anything here? No, the selloff is too steep. Nothing here.
- issues: $ALGN only green in Growth Stock List. I bought a starter!
- issues: Earnings mañana = $OSTK $AAPL $EA $AEIS $CHRW $NUE $AKS $ALGN $PKG. We will continue to hold OSTK AAPL NUE. Added to $OSTK (probably a mistake - but ?) $SKYW $EXEL $CVGI. Sold $IVR $XEC $HFC $LRCX $LGIH
- Robert1965: $ALGN ATH 280.50+
- barbed: $algn Does this look like a cup and handle on the daily chart? If so, should I wait for the upcoming earnings report to buy?
- cmaxwel1: $ALGN stopped out
- woodman: $ALGN - continuing move up, through resistance to all time high.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Quality rises to the top
- cmaxwel1: @woodman $ALGN (Set stop at $260 last night)
- Danzguy: @cmaxwel1 $ALGN Purdy cup on the weekly. NP, jealous.
- woodman: $ABMD $ISRG $ALGN - med devices, to name a few.
- woodman: @debeers $ABMD - in high style. I thought it may take some more work to get through 200, but I held it and let the charts do the deciding. $ISRG doing the same thing at a similar type of resistance. Held that too. $ALGN doing the same thing now.
- woodman: $ALGN flag
- bRobert: $ALGN Nice little throwback. Potential add/low risk entry with clear stop
- bRobert: $ALGN Straight teeth, weed ($BUDZ) and $DPZ $WING for the munchies. $SHAK next
- woodman: $ALGN back above the 50 day.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN It's properly aligned
- bRobert: $ALGN MACD cross. Getting ready to resume uptrend after HEALTHY pullback. Weekly fine. Holding stock,.
- cmaxwel1: @bRobert $ALGN (I sold higher, and bought back at $232), I'm holding for their opportunities in Europe. Ever see what National Health Care teeth look like in UK? No offense.
- woodman: $ALGN coming back - weekly chart.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Vacation over. Refreshed and ready
- bRobert: @cmaxwel1 $ALGN Nice trading. The stock was extended and needed a rest. I use hedges to keep me in and profitable. I've been holding for many years from the $30 area
- bRobert: $ALGN WEEKLY bounce off 20wk. Nothing wrong . Finishing short er term bottoming action. Good holding stock . Excess rung out. Long leap calls/spreads for many years
- Ottawagreg: @ROSEY #rotation $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR.... I believe these are the tickers he is referring to. Some big money makers in 2017.
- woodman: @Ottawagreg $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #rotation - yes, they were high flyers in 2016-2017 that correct decently in November/beginning of December of 2017.
- ROSEY: @Ottawagreg $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #rotation Thanks for this list I will be watching a few of these. Don't freeze your toesies there in your beautiful Country. Minnesota was so cold, the kids kept bringing in wood for the fireplace.
9. $ALGN -- you should be out of this.
10. $OLLI -- consider taking PARTIAL profits. Look at weekly chart.
11. $ATHM -- adding to Growth List
1. $BABA – Needing to build more base between $165-$190. Strong with China stocks.
2. $SI ...
- bwcarnation1: $ALGN has been moving off the low from recent sell off still holding watching what happens at 50d...would add if breaks thru it
- bRobert: $ALGN Put in a higher Bollinger band low compared to early Dec. Still some work to do
- woodman: $ALGN - collapse, took out my stops.
- issues: @woodman $ALGN me too!!
- Rasta: $ALGN broke below the 50dma. Had to part ways with my biggest winner for the year.
- traderbren: @Rasta $ALGN - good move as it could fall to the 200s or the 200dma. The drop on 12/4 was the shot across the bow, but that's the beauty of hindsight.
- Rasta: @traderbren $ALGN Yes, that was the reference for stops. It'll probably go back up to $235 but I didn't want to take the chance and miss out on profits.
- woodman: $ALGN also in a decent spot, as long as it can hold the 50 day. I remain long this one too.
$ALGN – steep drop à Overhead supply.
$OLLI – earnings selloff. But still above breakout. Stays on the list.
$IPOs – can check notes in forum.
Requested Videos from a member:
General Comment: All of these are in uptrends. ...
- tigerjohn8: $ALGN at best entry point I've seen in a while. Started a new position with snug stop
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $ALGN - I have it. It's holding the 50 day and the gap (10/26-27) ... for now at least.
- ascutia833sunset: @woodman $ALGN Yep I picked it up yesterday.
- cwelsh1417: @tigerjohn8 $ALGN Snug as in yesterday's low?
- cmaxwel1: @tigerjohn8 $ALGN (Re-entered) stopped out at 250 a few days ago.
- issues: @tigerjohn8 $ALGN added also with partial stop at $219
- issues: I appreciate Dan's comments about this being a 'bull trap'. Dan is right a lot. Like when he said take partial profits when tech was at it high. I didn't follow his advice and regret it especially on $ANET! Wow 40 point drop! Will it ever return back up>? I added to $ALGN $SEDG $MKSI $RHT> and sold 1/4 position in $CGNX and all of $MZOR. Also sold $KRO with small profit. Bought starter in $ADBE! stop at $165. Added to $ROKU with stop at $35! Looking at $CRM and seeing the top is around $108. Not much room 'til it hits it's resistance.
$ALGN holding at the 50dMA
$YY at a good buy point
$NOAH - nice bounce off the 50dMA
$ADBE - seeing bounce here, ER expected on 12/14
$TSLA - seeing a bounce here but still lots of overhead resistance
$TAL $EDU - seeing bounce today
$ROKU - nice b ...
- tilman: is today a "bull trap", is all the profit taking/rotation over? i look at tickers like $TAN, $ALGN, $ADBE and I think bull trap. I look at tickers like $V, $TTWO, $FB and i wonder if these are buyable?
- Cwaniak: @tilman $TAN $ALGN $ADBE $V $TTWO $FB I do not think so. Just watch them.
- phgruver: @tilman $TAN $ALGN $ADBE $V $TTWO $FB They all look like bull traps to me. I see no compelling reason to buy any of them today. If, tomorrow, they open higher than they close today (assuming they close in positive territory) then maybe....
- champ: @tilman $TAN $ALGN $ADBE $V $TTWO $FB ---- I would also like to know the answer. At this high market level, its really just a guessing game. I would like to know if the Banks and Retail sectors are going to keep Outperforming and certain energy names, in sub sectors, could work also. Great question but know real way to know the answer but they all look like buys.
- DrScience: @tilman $TAN $ALGN $ADBE $V $TTWO $FB Bull trap? Maybe... Today is day 1 of the three-day rule. If tomorrow brings day 2, that says today was a good buy, but if price hits a stop below today's low, that says goodbye.
$ALGN – this has finally broken down (did you overstay your welcome...or fail to use a protective stop?). Oversold bounce at the 50-day MA.
These aren't necessarily "right here....right now!" stocks. But I've been going through a ...
14. $ALGN – (request too). This has finally broken down (did you overstay your welcome...or fail to use a protective stop?). Oversold bounce at the 50-day MA.
15. $SEDG – rebound off 50-day MA.
16. $SAM – It is in a new ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Don't lose track. Landing soon. Makes nice gift for the holiday. and New Year
- woodman: #Rotation - $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR.... Seeing a pattern among the 2017 high fliers?
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation You eventually come back for the good kids if you accidentally left them at the rest stop.
- woodman: @bRobert $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation - the key is to have enough gas in the tank to make the trip back to get them.
- issues: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation Yes I see all the great stocks dropping on this rotation. But at a certain point the rotation will rotate back, right? "Hope" isn't a good strategy but it is a strategy that's the basis of all investing...
- woodman: @issues $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation - I expect them to come back within a day or a year or anything in between or after.
- issues: @bRobert $ALGN 50 day is at $220. Getting close... Merry Christmas to you too!
- issues: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation Woodie are you hitting that holiday egg nog a little too soon?
- ROSEY: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation YOU ARE SO PRECISE, LOL.
- bRobert: @issues $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation the plan is to have ride these great stocks up. Take partial profits along the way. and ultimately be stopped out for terrific . Many of these had obscene runs. Now. Rinse repeat at great entry points.
- Sluggo: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation Woodman, you can see my posts last week and I did indeed own a lot of the high fliers but from a lower point. I do not panic, but I gradually sold them over a few days and actually took more profits the weeks before. Dan's #1 rule don't lose your money. Took a minor loss on the whole package, but nothing to hurt me. You are right and who wants to follow all these high fliers down when they can watch from the sidelines and rejoin them later? In other words, I agree with your posts. How long? day, month, year? Why follow the roller coaster down?
- bnnybklyn: @woodman $ALGN $PYPL $SQ $V $MA $ISRG $DVMT $CGNX $IPGP $SEDG $MU $LRCX $ICHR #Rotation What he said...
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ALGN Align Technology Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ALGN&clip=94535
- issues: Where is everybody? Very few posters today. I watched Dan's alert on $ALGN. It looks compelling to add. I am considering it but the chart looks like a top to me.
- Cwaniak: @issues $ALGN Today is watching day - not good for investments
- bRobert: @issues $ALGN Christmas shopping. Getting close
- issues: @Cwaniak $ALGN Thanks I was thinking the same thing. Some of my great stocks are down quite a bit. My best is $ANET and it looks like so many other charts. $YY similar... I appreciate getting a second opinion to help me decide. You are the man! Thanks! I will sit on the hands.
- issues: @bRobert $ALGN what's your buy point?
- Ottawagreg: @bRobert $KR I sold a few days ago with ER pending. I seem to zig when i should zag. dumped $ALGN and held $KEM. Is there are logic when to "gamble" on these stupid ERs?
- bRobert: @Ottawagreg $KR $ALGN $KEM Depends upon your time frame. I'm a long term investor in many names, so by definition I hold through earnings. That doesn't mean that I don't take partial profits along the way and hedge my position with option strategies. I often having a trading position that I may sell prior to earnings and reload at opportune times. If you're a short term trader with no edge, earnings is tougher. Often times, the best opportunity occurs after earnings with over reactions leading to good entry points (59 min trade )
$ALGN – careful here. I would be out (if I was in).
- woodman: $ALGN - extended yet making another all time high.
- traderbren: @woodman $ALGN - nice! Hopefully you still have a piece of the action...keeping that beautiful smile! ;-)
- woodman: @traderbren $ALGN - I do. I haven't sold any. It's given no real cause to sell (though I could see the 11/15 candle giving some indegestion). @gwenzee must be smiling.
- DAN: @woodman $ALGN Starting another move higher. Stock defies gravity!
- gwenzee: @woodman $ALGN Unfortunately, never owned this stock. Not smiling.
1. $ALGN – defying gravity. Trailing stops work. Suggesting putting a stop on part of your position below $250.
2. $WLK – Strong upside momentum. Extended…and it’s in the chemical sector. Not a super high growth industry ...
- numbers: There is a lot of ways to look at data. The report column are: ticker, no days above 20d sma for the last 200 days, growth for 200 days, relative price using the 200 day high/low, ATH (1000 day look back) or 200 day high. $ALGN 194 164 0.98 $CBOE 188 49 0.99 $AABA 185 63 0.95 $BABA 183 85 0.93 $GDOT 182 136 0.9 $PYPL 182 93 0.96 ATH $ISRG 182 68 0.96 ATH $NOVT 180 128 0.96 $IPGP 180 109 0.99 ATH $VRSN 180 39 0.99 ATH $ANET 178 145 0.99 ATH $TRU 177 70 0.98 ATH $MA 176 40 0.94 $TCEHY 175 97 0.99 ATH $RHT 174 62 0.99 $FAF 174 42 0.9 $ADBE 172 59 0.97 $PENN 170 93 0.97 $CGNX 169 103 0.99 $ABMD 169 85 0.96 $JOBS 169 74 0.91 $MCD 169 34 0.91 $TTWO 168 118 0.96 $WK 168 73 0.86 $SBAC 168 57 0.92 *I am not good at split handling, also my vendor may have not been tracking the stock from the issue date so ATH may not match the real data. I do the same report sorted by growth rate. I also do the same report for the last 100days and 50days.
1. $ALGN – slowing down…but still advancing. I wouldn’t overstay my welcome here. What’s the potential for further upside?
2. $ANET – as previously noted…the shakeout, once reversed, can be a POWERFUL signal o ...
14. $ALGN – Growth stock. Still going. Declining volume on Friday’s pullback. About average volume today. Should be using trailing stops. Undisciplined entry. Buying today doesn’t give you credit for the 30% move that ALGN ha ...
|Stock Price||$USD 317.58|
Align Technology, Inc designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign system, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth.Request Video of ALGN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 14.32 58.85%
- $USD 48.60 34.18%
- $USD 30.87 30.00%
- $USD 39.85 -22.59%
- $USD 74.14 -17.13%
- $USD 16.20 -14.62%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!