Align Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN)
Old Forum Content for ALGNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $algn . $SNE . $CP . $KSU ALGN contines slow motion breakout. SNE Flies under the radar . another nh . CP great weekly. Retest of breakout. Will look to add next week if continues to show strength. Targets $180 then $200+. Ksu buying opportunity earlier . Sideways consolidation. Target $130. Will add above $106 for next leg or touch of 50d
- bRobert: $ALGN . $BEAT $EW $SYK $MDT ALGN EW . squeezing higher. BEAT SYK breakouts MDT If regains 50d long term buying opportunity . MASI filling gap. Target 100+
- woodman: @bRobert $ALGN $BEAT $EW $SYK $MDT - $GMED too which has been consolidating after a pullback to the 50 day, still in a long term up trend. Looking frisky today.
- bRobert: $ALGN . $EXAS . $ISRG algn nh squeeze . EXAS flag . ISRG nh squeeze
- debeers: @bRobert $ALGN $EXAS $ISRG -$EXAS just keeps on going. if saving $$$ is the name of the game and the edorsements are all there to say it is, $EXAS should do 40 no sweat then maybe more depending on the conf call in the pm of the same day.
- bRobert: @Bridget $EW Long calls . $algn breakout
- bRobert: $ALGN nh Attempting breakout
- Bridget: $ALGN is breaking out of this tight squeeze. Would like to see more volume though.
- Bridget: #Notes : $RUT - new high $XME - big moves today $NFLX - earnings tomorrow Multiple banks reporting tomorrow $GS $SCHW $TWTR - breaking out $ATHM - working but don't chase it $NTRI - breaking out $SODA - breakout $CENX - new high $ALGN - starting to breakout $KKR - breaking out $OTIC - breaking out $OLLI - new high $YRD, $YY - now you're chasing $JKS - best performing solar stock today $KRO - cup and handle $DRH - breaking out on the weekly $LUV - good buy point $KMB - holding at support $TGT $WMT $JCP $SHLD - retail getting a bounce IPOs hitting new highs $SOI $ATNX $AKCA $HCC
- bRobert: $ALGN Squeeze
- bRobert: $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD Perkiness medical technology. Some consolidating and squeezing
- woodman: @bRobert $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD - All the medical "stuff" - devices; instruments/supplies; diagnostics/research - I have are working well today and/or are in good spots to buy.
- Bridget: $ALGN currently in a squeeze, but looking close to a breakout. Seeing an intraday spike.
- bRobert: @Bridget $ALGN This is a holding stock for me. I don't try to get to cute with a such a good employee for many years from $30 level. World wide penetration accelerating.
- bRobert: $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI osur clvs espr celg beat Many flags/pennants waving. Watching Medical equipment perky. Will add to some longs.
- debeers: @bRobert $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI ====$EXAS for me, you can have the others because the UNH endorsement will make them make their numbers even without the other endorsements from the other HMO's.
- bRobert: @debeers $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI Agree about EXAS potential growth and future potential applications of the technogy to other cancers eg pancreatic EW MDT are slow steady growers with important proprietary technology that saves considerable amount of money to healthcare system. EW's TAVR procedure replaces a sternotomy (cracked chest, invasive for open heart valve replacement). And the patients have fewer complications. Indications expanding. ALGN has phenomenal growth and is expanding worldwide. Great weekly chart.
- bRobert: $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $LNTH High quality medical equipment firms in sideways consolidation . Watch for next move up. $LNTH breaking out
"Window dressing" is one of those things that can be used to explain almost any move higher at the end of a quarter, since no one ever claims to be doing it. If it does happen, it occurs because active managers have missed owning one or mo ...
- bRobert: @Forexpro $ALGN A great company with phenomenal sales/ revenue growth and expanding internationally. A very old employee of mine from around $30.
- bRobert: $MDT $ALGN Long term employees. MDT marching to 100. Easy holding stock. ALGN is a growth monster
- bRobert: $MDT $ALGN $ISRG $BSX $EW $MASI Medical technology strong. MASI breaking above consolidation/50d
- bRobert: $ISRG $ALGN $BSX $ALGN $EW $MDT $MASI Healthy sideways consolidation and beginning of a squeeze setup for next move in medical equipment sector. MDT blue sky. MASI squeezing below 50d.
- bRobert: $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $ALGN $SYK Medical equipment names moving. All high quality companies. Great weekly charts. $MDT as it enters blue sky territory has a $100 target. EW's TAVR valve replacement product is a real benefit in terms of morbidiy/mortality and costs. Indications are expanding. Would you rather have your chest cracked open for open heart surgery or have a minimally invasive procedure and go home in a day?
- bRobert: $ALGN $ISRG Constructive pullbacks in these quality high growth names. Looking to add. Holding stocks in long term portfolio
- JBed: $ALGN, $VRTX still working.
- JBed: $ALGN $VRTX Took half profits on these today, keeping core positions and moving up my stops.
- Bridget: @JBed $ALGN $VRTX well done!
- mharps: $ALGN-could be beginning to move higher- took a bit on 145 calls
- JBed: $ALGN Moving up. Starter position.
- Esther: @issues $XHE good point about the volume. But it has been a solid performer in spite of that that. It has a lot of good stuff that I would normally want to buy. $IDXX, which I recall from yesterday might be at a good buy point, $ISRG, which is surgical robots, $ALGN which are the invislign retainers every dentist and his sister likes to push. They had $MASI as a top holding but sold it sometime (before? after?) it became a broken stock. It has a pretty small float, in general, on $2.1 million shares. Average daily volume over the last 20 days was 31,353. But According to my Schwab screen its 100 percent owned by institutions, which could partly explain the low volume.
- zimzala: $ALGN, setting up for an inside day buy off the rising 8EMA.
- riskmanager: $ALGN: Up 18% on earnings beat. This one fell off my radar screen to my regrets.
- mradams0621: $ALGN flopping around like a beached fish $139 up to $145 back down to $139. What's next?
- Bridget: $ALGN at a new all time high
- issues: $ALGN fake out not break out?
- issues: @zimzala $ALGN Thanks. I have trouble getting the right earnings release; beat/miss. Zacks is fast and shows a list (check out how easy to read this is: https://www.zacks.com/earnings/earnings-reports But AMTD seems more accurate. Where do you look for earnings estimates vs actual? Yahoo?
- issues: I can see rotation out of financials and am thinking of shorting some of them. I am wondering what they are rotating into. Consumer staples, metals, oils... Dana's Hogs... As look for clues as to where the big money is going I look at the IBD 50. Here's what I see in this weeks list. The following financials are in this weeks IBD 50: $BOFI $CFG $FRC $GS $HOMB $MBFI $MS $OZRK $SCHW $SIVB $STL $WAL. As you look at these charts you can see most are dropping. At some point they will be good buys. How low before that? Wait to see the green day, ok? The new additions in this weeks IBD 50 include $ALGN $CRTO $FCB $FRC $MCHP $MIDD $MXL (Gone are $EWBC $FFIV $LOGM $LOPE $URI $UVE). That's my research for today.
- issues: @Rasta I will have to ask IBD, ok? I will need some sort of remuneration from you, right? Ok ok, just kidding. Don't tell IBD but here it is: $NVDA $UBNT $EVR $THO $HQY $TREX $ANET $IDCC $CPE $BOFI $AEIS $CFG $ESNT $EXP $VEEV $WAL $PRI $AMAT $SIVB $PLAY $SCHW $STMP $GRUB $FCB $HOMB $STL $MS $CGNX $MSCC $GATX $CRTO $COMM $OZRK $MXL $NTES $UTHR $GIMO $MPWR $GNTX $FRC $RDN $MASI $ALGN $JCOM $WNC $MBFI $GS $CARB $MIDD $MCHP
Each week (Saturday) IBD gives a new IBD 50 LIST of stocks in which some have replaced others from the prior week. The replacements can range from 5 or 10 to 12 to 15, but never are all 50 replaced. What is especially compelling for me are the sto ...
- highroad54: $ALGN Dan would you give me your thoughts on $ALGN.
- rj7150: @highroad54 $ALGN - Not Dan, but this may be partly due to an adverse ruling in Europe on some patent challenges last week??
- DAN: @highroad54 $ALGN It's got healthy fundamentals, with revenue and earnings growing consistently. I think the stock is just resting now. Not really a compelling buy because it's not down close enough to the December low to make it a low risk buy. And it's not breaking out either. The long term uptrend is healthy...I just think the stock needs to consolidate a bit. If it breaks out above $100...then watch volume. We'd need to see heavy volume. Hope that helps.
- DAN: $ALGN continuing its move above $100. Kind of tough to buy at this level, given my sense of where the market is right now. But wanted to point this out.
- SierraJW: 59 min trade? $AMD, $NVDA, $ALGN, $HZPN all up, now down, this AM. $STM up also, LT hold on pullbacks, IMHO (Internet of things stock) Some may be longer term, as well - I need to check out reasons for move in $HZPN, for example.
$ALGN – a lot of stocks look like this. Ran 15% without interruption. Now at resistance. Power Cycle?
$VIX—X – back at the point where the market tends to run out of steam.
$DJT – continuation of a flag. Top ...
- issues: @debeers $CYNO $AVGO $GKOS GKOS is in the very good IBD Medical Products Group 19 along with $ABMD $EW $BSX & $ALGN. We hold $ABMD $EW $BSX. NP on $GKOS ( products and procedures for treatment of glaucoma)
- judysteiner: $ALGN I love my invisaligns as @dan does, its working
- tigerjohn8: @judysteiner $ALGN @Dan and I love my gains since July , but @Dan is this chart showing its' time for any profit taking?
- issues: @orpheusredux $ALIGN $ALGN? reported .48 beat vs actual of .62 a great 29% beat.This is the company that make invisible braces for teeth.
- tjv821: $algn still looking strong
- tsogles: $ALGN new all-time high this am. I'm long and hoping for more.
- tsogles: $ALGN breaking out of 6% vs to the upside
- issues: @tsogles $ALGN Did you buy any? Starter? It looks like a stack of dominos. Things don't seem to go up forever. I would like to have bought it a couple of months ago, but now??
- tsogles: $ALGN making new highs weekly and daily.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ALGN Align Technology Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ALGN&clip=69156
- SierraJW: @DAN #watchlist $KMB, $COST, $MNST, $PM, $TSN, $DPS, My list: $ULTA, $ALGN, $SWHC, $NXPI, $VIAB, $VLO, $NFLX, $CRUS
- DAN: @SierraJW $KMB $COST $MNST $PM $TSN $DPS $ULTA $ALGN $SWHC $NXPI $VIAB $VLO $NFLX $CRUS #watchlist Good list. Will cover those tonight. Several staples...which are where we want to be. Thanks for posting, SierraJW.
- TaxFish: $AERI $ALGN $FOMX - VS off 50ma.
- DAN: $ALGN -- This stock is up more than 2% today and bouncing off significant support.
- Rich Loeffler: @DAN $ALGN do you think it needs to clear the "top of the box" around $57.72 before taking a position? Thanks
- DAN: $LAD $ACT $ALGN $SWKS $VRX $CAR $AVGO $BITA Stocks that are showing potential today: $LAD -- bouncing off 50- and 200-day MAs. New uptrend. $ACT -- another day, another 2%. Uptrend continues along the 50-day MA. $ALGN -- this is an oversold bounce. Probably not much here b/c the stock has fallen from $64 down to $56 in just 5 trading days. That's a lot of pain. Still...it's an oversold bounce. $SWKS -- breaking out to the upside. $VRX -- Not necessarily "actionable" today...but it's completed a really good "cup" pattern with a bit of a "handle". Kind of rough, but the breakout was at $150. $CAR -- pullback is an opportunity. $AVGO -- yet again, this warrior continues to attack! $BITA -- looks like ALGN. Oversold bounce. I'll be covering all these stocks tonight. Dan
- Aragorn: IBD 50 Inside Days - $ALGN $SAVE $SN $STZ
- vazv: Huge Earnings week highlights – Stay sharp! Many market movers! 4/21 – 4/25 - (confirmed unless noted) 4/21 Monday am - $HAL - pm - $NFLX, $RMBS, $HSTM 4/22 Tuesday am - $CMCSA, $SBNY(unconfirmed), $LMT - pm - $DFS, $GILD, $ILMN, $ISRG, $MANH, $PKG, $NBR, $SWKS, $VMW, $IRBT, $JNPR, $CBST, $YUM 4/23 Wednesday am - $BA, $BEAV, $BIIB, $MDCO, $TMO, $JAKK, $DAL,$SIX, $MDCO - pm - $AAPL, $ALGT, $FFIV, $FB, $QCOM, $CLB, $NXPI, $ALGN, $ORLY, $XLNX 4/24 am - $ALXN, $MMM, $CRR, $CELG, $HOT, $ODFL, $RTN, $HP, $LAD - pm - $AMZN, $BIDU, $V, $AFOP, $MAS, $SYNA, $CUDA, $GIMO, $HWAY, $WYN, $SBUX, During - $BBD, (unconfirmed) 4/25 am - $ALK Source - earningswhispers.com http://biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/20140421.html I did my best but please reply with corrections if you find errors.
- Edgarzb: $ALGN - Low risk buy point. Great fundies.
- philharmonic: $ALGN @Edgarzb - Looks like it may try to fill the gap. Heading towards the 200dma.
- greberalan: $ALGN @Edgarzb Thank you for you post on ALGN. I had it on my watch list from a while back and fogot about it. Yes.....nice pull back. But, I would like to see move back up towards the 100dma before I buy. I would think that move should be coming soon - just need some confirmaion.
- Edgarzb: $ALGN @ philharmonic. It could fill the gap, but if you put your stop below 51.82 you will not ride it down. You would be out with a paper cut. If you contiues on it's up trend that is clearly defined on the weekly chart, we may have a nice trade moving forward. Long $ALGN
- Tricia: Earnings after the close: $ABAX, $AFG, $ALGN, $AMZN, $ARAY, $AVNW, $AZPN, $BCOV, $BCR, $BRCM, $CB, $CLS, $CMG, $CNI, $CPHD, $CPSI, $CPT, $CSC, $CTCT, $CYT, $DLLR, $ELX, $EMN, $ESS, $GDOT, $GOOG, $JDSU, $LSTR, $MCHP, $MCK, $MCRS, $MTW, $N, $NATI, $NEU, $NGVC, $PFPT, $PKI, $PMCS, $RGA, $RHI, $RVBD, $SIMG, $SYA, $TSYS, $TUES, $UIS, $VR, WYNN
- Edgarzb: $ALGN - iBD stock breaking out from a base. They make Invisilgn. Its being used by a growing number of dentist. Great growth potential. Great Fundy's. Long
- captron: $ALGN - @judysteiner Have been watching this most of the day. It has been above the pivot point all day and above R1 for most of that. I am curious what the gravestone #doji means to you on a 15 minute chart. On a daily chart I usually take notice if it prints one. Just curious.
$ALGN -- nice bounce off the 50-day $MA and confirming a multi-month uptrend.
$XRS (not sure I've ever covered this) -- nice flag (Phase 2) out of a volatility #squeeze.
$RGR -- 50-day $MA is holding. Stock is consolidating a really nice November ...
- Niche: Stopped out of $ALGN -
- woodman: Other Medical Equipment & Appliance Stocks - of potential interest (I have no position in any of these): $RMD - has pulled back to prior support at the 200 day and is bouncing. It's worth watching. $STJ - nice uptrend. $NXTM - counter-trend; okay if it holds the 8 dEMA. $ALGN - pullback to 50 day and moving back up. $BABY - gap up and continues upward. $SYK - consolidating with a #squeeze at the 21 dEMA. $MDXG - breakout as mentioned in posts above.
- BuffaloBill: Heavy Instutional BUYING $ALGN $AOS $ARMH $BDC $BITA $CMG EQM $GGG $IGTE $LII $NFG $NFLX $NYLD $PII $RGR $SPWR $TSCO $WAL $WX $XOOM
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Thursday's close $ACTG, $ALGN, $AMD, $ASBC, $ATHN, $BGS, $CMG, $COF, $CPHD, $CYT, $FNB, $GHL, $GOOG, $ISRG, $LVS, $PBCT, $RMBS, $SYK, $VMI, WAL
$STAG $GLF $CRR $PTY $ALGN $DRE $NFLX BIG $KLAC $TCAP $MPC $WNR $PSA $SIVB
$JEF $TKR $EV $KIM $BRO $WRI $CLX $OXY $OAS $DECK $LRCX $FFIV $FNP $HUM $HSH
$SBS $SEMG $MAT $BRS $CON ...
- Tricia: Earnings After the Bell: : $ALGN, $AMP, $ATW, $AVB, $CDNS, $CLB, $CMO, $COP, $CTXS, $DRE, $EA, $EDMC, $FB, $FIO, $FTNT, $JDSU, $LVS, $MUR, $NOW, $NXPI, $OI, $QCOM, $QTM, $STM, $SWKS, TSCO
- Goose: $ALGN Down another 7 points BO, (Before Open)
- stocking: $ALGN @Taylor On selling covered calls, i bought $ALGN stock at $37 and $38 and sold high premium oct calls against them all which are worthless now due to the drop. i'll let them expire tomorrow. Would you immediately sell calls going out longer date against the stock to continue to get premium on the stock, or would you wait to see if the stock recovers a bit first/ time it, to get more premium on the short calls?
- taylor: $ALGN @stocking - I'm not familiar with the stock or its trading pattern, so I'll have to do a little research first. I'll get back to you.
- Karl: $ALGN Bought after hours @28.20
- stocking: $ALGN does anyone know why the #options on this have so much premium? i've been selling covered oct 38 calls. oh, it's earnings on 10/17. got it
- BuffaloBill: $SSYS DDD $EXPE TRIP $Z SWI $FIRE TNGO $EAT GNC $CERN EBAY $MNST WWWW $ALGN - Maybe worth while following
Align Technology rated new Buy at Cantor
May 22, 2012 | 6:46 AM EDT
Coverage of $ALGN was started with a Buy rating, Cantor Fitzgerald said. $37 price target. Company has a competitive advantage in a fast-growing market.
Some more stocks of note: High yielder $IVR is making a nice move. $RAX is breaking out of consolidation. $WLT is making a strong bullish move in the face of downgrades. $ALGN looks very strong. $AAP is following up on yesterday's bounce.
My #fi ...
Align Technology numbers increased at Credit Suisse
$ALGN estimates were raised through 2013, Credit Suisse said. Company is realizing higher volume growth. Neutral rating and new $25 price target.
Ametek estimates, target increase ...
Although the "No Debt + High Operating Margins" theme did the best when the Market was at a very low point, I ran a Screen for this criteria again. The High Operating Margins were > 25% and I also included the criteria of a $PEG ratio < 2. This cu ...
- mkarter: $ALGN broke out Friday. Early trading around Fridays high. Has yet to break through 17.50 set on Friday.
- mkarter: $ALGN Broke through 17.50 Now at 17.78
VSEA, $ALGN, $TER, $ININ, $AMSC, $RBCN, BW
The following tickers may also be presenting some low entries for which risk can be fairly easily defined (though these are not from my earnings list):
$RAIL, $CHKP, $CSC, APWR, $NUAN, $CPST, TLM.
Persistence DOWN? $CMA KEY MI NTRS $STT ZION PALM CDNS $APOL CAR $COCO AMKR $TER GLBL $HLX SD $VLO XCO NITE PHH $ALGN BKD $HMA CNO $HIG LNC $RDN PHM $USG KGC $AIV HPT $JCP LEAP TKLC TLAB AMR CAL $RRI
The Persistence UP lists starts on 10/5 and th ...
$ALGN * Align Technology Inc. * gapped up
$AMZN * Amazon.com Inc. * gapped up
BUCY * Bucyrus International Inc. * gapped up
$COF * Capital One Financial Corporation * gapped up
$CPWR * Compuware Corporation * gapped up
$GDI * Gardner Denver, In ...
- tnt: $ALGN 52 week high. 17 days of short covering. Breaking out from long consolidation
- rmacgurn: $ALGN - $CIEN both working well today as the shorts run to cover, both high at 17% or so...only wish i had more of both...refuse to buy more today until i get these rules down...
- rmacgurn: BFRM - $ALGN hi anyone (Calla) going to hold BFRM with earnings out tonight? my contact says it is good but who knows what that means? also anyone play $ALGN i posted two days ago...i bought in at 12.40 but dumped it yesterday on weakness, now moving due to high short interest? thanks rick
- rmacgurn: $HWG - $ALGN anyone watching these both big movers yesterday, earnings driven.. any thoughts yesterday was first day up... rick
- Underdog: $ALGN - #Shorting this today off of what I hope was yesterday's dead-cat-bounce.
- Underdog: $VDSI & $ALGN - I'm #shorting at 27.93. Hope this was the Dead Cat I've been searching for. (Also short $ALGN since 19.90).
|Stock Price||$USD 200.88|
Align Technology, Inc designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign system, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth.Request Video of ALGN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 26th, 2017 - 2017 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 6.70 16.52%
- $USD 40.10 14.90%
- $USD 13.90 12.39%
- $USD 7.92 -18.92%
- $USD 14.60 -6.94%
- $USD 5.28 -5.88%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 50,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (50,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!