Align Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN)
Old Forum Content for ALGNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- ab3250: #stops - I pulled all my stops this morning and put them back after the first big flush. I got stopped out of $ALGN $NVMI
- issues: @ab3250 $ALGN $NVMI #stops I also have a stop on $ALGN at $190. Where is your stop on both?
- ab3250: @issues $ALGN $NVMI #stops $NVMI - 28.80 $ALGN - 192.00
9. $ALGN – new high on volume.
10. $ESNT – new high
11. $GWRE – low risk entry here ($77.40), with stop around $75.
12. $BABA – low risk entry here, with 3% stop.
13. $OLLI – careful here. Needs to regain 50-day MA soo ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Squeeze out nh
$ALGN - new high, ER 10/26 Growth Stock
$CZZ - at a good buy point, in a nice uptrend on the daily.
$BLUE - close to breaking out
$AGN - down on news that judge invalidated Restasis patents
$LW - #ipo, new all time high
$BEDU - #ipo new all tim ...
- bRobert: $MZOR . $iSRG . $ALGN Strong. Holding stocks. Top of range. Stops raised on partial
- DAN: $VEEV $NVMI $SUPV $SQ -- Best gainers on the SMM list, though $ALGN is working really well and I've added to my position this morning. Also grabbing $GWRE.
15. $ALGN – still working. Strong in morning, then started selling at 2 pm. Still resting, and starting Phase 1.
16. $CORT – wait for this to settle down. Good fundamentals…but price action makes this risky. High activity and ...
- bRobert: $LNTH $ALGN $CUTR $BEAT LNTH slow breakout ALGN peeking out. CUTR flag. Strong stock BEAT. Good company recovering from short hack job. Higher low. Stop yest low
- DAN: $ALGN starting to break out of the volatility squeeze. Earnings in 15 days.
- tsogles: $ALGN m0ving up to resistance, in vs
- Reif99: $ALGN close to a new high, bought some this morning
- tsogles: $ALGN popping out of squeeze
- issues: @tsogles Thank you tsolgles. I bought it. $ALGN earnings 10/26. Could be an earnings pop, right? How much do you expect it to go? Stop would need to be below 20 day or about $186, right? (6%)
- issues: @tsogles $ALGN I bought a small starter position today. Stop $186
- tsogles: @issues $ALGN I'm not giving it much wiggle room (stop just below today's low) and since this is occuring above the 50 dma I'm hoping it climbs st least to $200. I will put om a trailing stop if this break out holds. Good lock.
- DAN: @tsogles $ALGN That was the appropriate place for your stop. You only get stopped if the breakout fails. Nice job. Dan
- lecoqsportif61: @DAN $ALGN So i have a question here. Is the stock considered over extended ? Looking in reference to 200MA is far up, but in reference to 50MA is not. Which is it?
- haroldzero: @Dan $ALGN $GOOGL Thanks Dan for the earlier post on $ALGN. I got in this morning. In terms of GOOGL, can you cover it tonite pls? Thx Harold
- gbwusc: @DAN $ALGN The move looks great, but the volume is low. Does that matter to you on this move?
- DAN: @haroldzero $ALGN $GOOGL Will do. Google breaking out nicely.
3. $ALGN – Quarterly revs growing 30%+ vs previous year. Breakout from squeeze.
4. $GWRE – Accelerating EPS and Rev Growth for past 4 quarters. Very solid uptrend.
5. $OLLI – Relative strength is good. Slow moving uptrend, and a ...
- bRobert: $ALGN Holding stock. Superior revenue/earnings growth. Bearhug squeeze. Long leap calls.
COTD: $ALGN squeeze setup. Buy point is breakout above $190.
$SPX – careful here. Only closed down 0.25% on a low volume Indigenous Peoples Day. I question how much further upside from here. Lots of stocks are overbought and breaking out ...
- woodman: $ALGN - moving well out of that little squeeze I mentioned.
- Bridget: I have to take off a bit early today. Here are my notes: #Notes: Market Indexes are flat but many stocks are moving higher $XLF $GDX - both mostly flat today $OIH - pullback in gas today but lack of volume $XBI - still in a squeeze $XLY - continuing to breakout IBD50 at new highs $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN - coming close to $1000 $TSLA - made a move higher today $FEYE - new highs $BMY - new high today in this rally $NFLX - almost hit $200 today, day 3, ER on 10/16 $GM - another new high $HLF - big breakout $BXP - breakout $TGT - breaking down from this squeeze
- issues: @Bridget $XLF $GDX $OIH $XBI $XLY $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN $TSLA $FEYE $BMY $NFLX $GM $HLF $BXP $TGT #Notes Thanks Brid. Cramer once said the best place to buy is when a stock hits a new high then pulls back 5 to 8 %. Here's the list of new highs. Any 5% or 65 PULL BACK should be bought. Right on?
- woodman: $ALGN - consistent uptrender seeing some narrowing BBs. Earnings 10/26 amc.
- issues: @woodman $ALGN could it be topping out? But with earnings coming there could be an earnings run.
- woodman: @issues $ALGN - Seems like a buy and hold to me. Just scale in your buys.
- woodman: $ALGN - buy the dips at the 21dEMA or between the 21 and the 34dEMA
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Long term holder. Great holding stock.
- woodman: @bRobert $ALGN - good for you. It's a beaut.
- bRobert: @woodman $ALGN Saw it on Mad money 10 years ago at about $30. Most of my kids used them. Decided to get some of my $$$ back
- Junior1: @bRobert $ALGN Wow. 2008 2009 it was a single digit stock!
- bRobert: @Junior1 $ALGN YUP.. Early growth pains and bad timing with the recession really beat it down (among others)
4. $ALGN – revs growing ~30+%/quarter. Low risk buy point.
5. $TTD – heavily shorted. Small float. In buy range now. Stop below $55.
6. $NVMI – semi fabrication systems. 97 EPS rating.
7. $AMAT – popping out of wee ...
- issues: @PRK $QGEN I like this one (med products - IBD grp 21 along with $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW. Although its not rated well (composite 74) its a B in accumulation. I would like to get a starter in it tomorrow.
- bRobert: $shop $algn Flag breakout to new highs
- DAN: @bRobert $shop $algn Both are looking strong. Good uptrends. $$ --DAN
- bRobert: $ALGN Flag. Holding stock. Long calls
- bRobert: $ALGN $BSX $ISRG nh's Watching pullback MZOR
- bRobert: $isrg $algn $osur. $mzor Nh first 3. mzor starter position. Will add after confirm resumption breakout
- bRobert: $ALGN $BEAT $ISRG $PODD nh
- issues: @Bridget $TCMD #ipo Thanks Bridget. TCMD is in an excellent group - medical products - IBD group 15. Others in the group include $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW. Will check it out. NP yet. We do own ABMD and EW. $TCMD is in a high base that looks like $OSUR, don't ya thunk?
- Bridget: @issues $TCMD $ALGN $OSUR $ABMD $EW #ipo It is in consolidation just below all time highs.
- bRobert: $CORT . $ALGN . $ISRG CORT phase 3 . ALGN . Keeps printing new highs. Great holding stock . ISRG nice bounce off support to top of range. Raised stop on partial postition
- bRobert: $BEAT $EW $ISRG $MDT $EXAS $MZOR $PODD $ALGN . Medical stocks back in like flint
- gwenzee: @bRobert $BEAT $EW $ISRG $MDT $EXAS $MZOR $PODD $ALGN Sorry, I think it is In Like Flynn.
- bRobert: $ALGN Top tier med stock. Invisalign franchise. Raised stop on partial position. Just below high. Very long term holding stock. Few good opportunities to buy.
- Bridget: $ALGN holding up well. Uptrend intact.
- woodman: @Bridget $ALGN - same with med device cohort $ABMD.
- bRobert: @Bridget $ALGN My favorite in Med equipment. I heard of them first on Mad Money in 2007 @ $28.
- bRobert: $BEAT $CUTR $ALGN $PODD $OSUR $EW $GLYC $EXAS Medical equipment perky. Glyc EXAS squeeze. EW long sideways consolidation
- debeers: @bRobert $BEAT $CUTR $ALGN $PODD $OSUR $EW $GLYC $EXAS --$EXAS doing the Cannacord conference tomorrow.
- bRobert: $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH Perky holding stocks. Medical equipment and related catching a bid
- spmeyers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH LNTH is a good short setup
- bRobert: @spmeyers $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH LNTH Not sure I agree. Certainly had no issue breaking back above the 50d. There is perhaps some overhead resistance but from a long term view (weekly), nothing wrong here.
- spmeyers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH I mean for a short-term trade; I agree long-term it looks fine
- Bridget: #Notes: A lot of stocks that have been seeing pullbacks saw a bounce today. $SMH is one OIH - oil is going lower, still lots of overhead resistance. $BP moving higher. $WB $SINA $YY $JD - all making moves higher Some retail pushing higher - $LULU $TGT $EL $EXPR $ODP Medical devices seeing support - $MDT $BEAT $ALGN $TAN $JKS $CSIQ - moving higher $EEM - moving higher $WING - breakout $SAGE - breakout $APO - breakout $KEM - breakout, IBD50 $GRUB $YELP - even higher $TTWO - holding gap IPOs $VST $APPN $HCC $SGH Earnings after close: $LQ $MAR $W $CBI - very high IV $VRX $ALB
- debeers: @bRobert $OSUR $ALGN $LNTH --$OSUR-chew 'em up and spit 'em out! Good on you!!
- bRobert: $MELI $ALGN Stellar IBD50 names. 20% run since selloff. Superior. HOLDING stocks
- bRobert: $LOGM $ALGN Both IBD 50 stars up large premarket after stellar earnings reports. Watching for gap and crap. Will hedge profits. Long term holds
- bRobert: $ALGN Good example of buy and hold employee of the year (s). Has gone from $50 to . $170 + in under 3 years without a lot of drama. Still tremendous revenue and EPS growth prospects with world wide expansion.
- bRobert: $ALGN Huge growth revenues/earnings. Up big in AH We'll see what tomorrow brings. Quality company Long term hold. .
- woodman: Lots of reporting by the #MedicalDevices stocks today and tomorrow. For instance: $EW $MDXG $ABMD $ALGN $SYK.
- bRobert: @rbrown2222 $LNC $CYH $TTD $SWIR $VEEV $ALGN Earnings is almost always a crap shoot. Algn tends to surprise to the upside.. Buy protective put spread,, sell upside call, take partial or full profits if large, . Your choice
- rbrown2222: @bRobert $LNC $CYH $TTD $SWIR $VEEV $ALGN, Know you are an investor in this, any feel for earnings Thursday? Thanks
- bRobert: $algn . $SNE . $CP . $KSU ALGN contines slow motion breakout. SNE Flies under the radar . another nh . CP great weekly. Retest of breakout. Will look to add next week if continues to show strength. Targets $180 then $200+. Ksu buying opportunity earlier . Sideways consolidation. Target $130. Will add above $106 for next leg or touch of 50d
- bRobert: $ALGN . $BEAT $EW $SYK $MDT ALGN EW . squeezing higher. BEAT SYK breakouts MDT If regains 50d long term buying opportunity . MASI filling gap. Target 100+
- woodman: @bRobert $ALGN $BEAT $EW $SYK $MDT - $GMED too which has been consolidating after a pullback to the 50 day, still in a long term up trend. Looking frisky today.
- bRobert: $ALGN . $EXAS . $ISRG algn nh squeeze . EXAS flag . ISRG nh squeeze
- debeers: @bRobert $ALGN $EXAS $ISRG -$EXAS just keeps on going. if saving $$$ is the name of the game and the edorsements are all there to say it is, $EXAS should do 40 no sweat then maybe more depending on the conf call in the pm of the same day.
- bRobert: @Bridget $EW Long calls . $algn breakout
- bRobert: $ALGN nh Attempting breakout
- Bridget: $ALGN is breaking out of this tight squeeze. Would like to see more volume though.
- Bridget: #Notes : $RUT - new high $XME - big moves today $NFLX - earnings tomorrow Multiple banks reporting tomorrow $GS $SCHW $TWTR - breaking out $ATHM - working but don't chase it $NTRI - breaking out $SODA - breakout $CENX - new high $ALGN - starting to breakout $KKR - breaking out $OTIC - breaking out $OLLI - new high $YRD, $YY - now you're chasing $JKS - best performing solar stock today $KRO - cup and handle $DRH - breaking out on the weekly $LUV - good buy point $KMB - holding at support $TGT $WMT $JCP $SHLD - retail getting a bounce IPOs hitting new highs $SOI $ATNX $AKCA $HCC
- bRobert: $ALGN Squeeze
- bRobert: $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD Perkiness medical technology. Some consolidating and squeezing
- woodman: @bRobert $BEAT $MDT $EW $BSX $SYK $ISRG $ALGN $ABMD - All the medical "stuff" - devices; instruments/supplies; diagnostics/research - I have are working well today and/or are in good spots to buy.
- Bridget: $ALGN currently in a squeeze, but looking close to a breakout. Seeing an intraday spike.
- bRobert: @Bridget $ALGN This is a holding stock for me. I don't try to get to cute with a such a good employee for many years from $30 level. World wide penetration accelerating.
- bRobert: $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI osur clvs espr celg beat Many flags/pennants waving. Watching Medical equipment perky. Will add to some longs.
- debeers: @bRobert $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI ====$EXAS for me, you can have the others because the UNH endorsement will make them make their numbers even without the other endorsements from the other HMO's.
- bRobert: @debeers $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI Agree about EXAS potential growth and future potential applications of the technogy to other cancers eg pancreatic EW MDT are slow steady growers with important proprietary technology that saves considerable amount of money to healthcare system. EW's TAVR procedure replaces a sternotomy (cracked chest, invasive for open heart valve replacement). And the patients have fewer complications. Indications expanding. ALGN has phenomenal growth and is expanding worldwide. Great weekly chart.
- bRobert: $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $LNTH High quality medical equipment firms in sideways consolidation . Watch for next move up. $LNTH breaking out
"Window dressing" is one of those things that can be used to explain almost any move higher at the end of a quarter, since no one ever claims to be doing it. If it does happen, it occurs because active managers have missed owning one or mo ...
- bRobert: @Forexpro $ALGN A great company with phenomenal sales/ revenue growth and expanding internationally. A very old employee of mine from around $30.
- bRobert: $MDT $ALGN Long term employees. MDT marching to 100. Easy holding stock. ALGN is a growth monster
- bRobert: $MDT $ALGN $ISRG $BSX $EW $MASI Medical technology strong. MASI breaking above consolidation/50d
- bRobert: $ISRG $ALGN $BSX $ALGN $EW $MDT $MASI Healthy sideways consolidation and beginning of a squeeze setup for next move in medical equipment sector. MDT blue sky. MASI squeezing below 50d.
- bRobert: $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $ALGN $SYK Medical equipment names moving. All high quality companies. Great weekly charts. $MDT as it enters blue sky territory has a $100 target. EW's TAVR valve replacement product is a real benefit in terms of morbidiy/mortality and costs. Indications are expanding. Would you rather have your chest cracked open for open heart surgery or have a minimally invasive procedure and go home in a day?
- bRobert: $ALGN $ISRG Constructive pullbacks in these quality high growth names. Looking to add. Holding stocks in long term portfolio
- JBed: $ALGN, $VRTX still working.
- JBed: $ALGN $VRTX Took half profits on these today, keeping core positions and moving up my stops.
- Bridget: @JBed $ALGN $VRTX well done!
- mharps: $ALGN-could be beginning to move higher- took a bit on 145 calls
- JBed: $ALGN Moving up. Starter position.
- Esther: @issues $XHE good point about the volume. But it has been a solid performer in spite of that that. It has a lot of good stuff that I would normally want to buy. $IDXX, which I recall from yesterday might be at a good buy point, $ISRG, which is surgical robots, $ALGN which are the invislign retainers every dentist and his sister likes to push. They had $MASI as a top holding but sold it sometime (before? after?) it became a broken stock. It has a pretty small float, in general, on $2.1 million shares. Average daily volume over the last 20 days was 31,353. But According to my Schwab screen its 100 percent owned by institutions, which could partly explain the low volume.
|Stock Price||$USD 272.25|
Align Technology, Inc designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign system, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth.Request Video of ALGN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 30th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 5.20 23.28%
- $USD 272.25 14.69%
- $USD 224.13 14.45%
- $USD 28.15 -35.88%
- $USD 50.29 -16.85%
- $USD 89.45 -5.23%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!