Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT)
Old Forum Content for AMATMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$AMAT - still working
$YY - new all time high, not extended on the daily
$EXEL - gap and run
$ESNT - day 2 of breakout, blue skies, ER on 11/3. You can buy here but stop is down at $39 - $40.
$ALGN - new high, ER 10/26 Growth Stock
$CZZ - at a go ...
- issues: @DAN $NVDA $WYNN I would like to add to $AMAT. Where would be a good place to add?
- DAN: @issues $NVDA $WYNN $AMAT Not sure what your intention is on AMAT (long term "investment"...or just a short term trade). AMAT looks pretty strong to me. 4 days of lower closes...but very very minimal after the run it had. I don't think this is a good time to add to AMAT. If it pulls back more, you'll get a better cost basis. If it instead breaks out, that's only about 2% higher than the current price. So you're not giving up much by waiting for a safer trade. Hope that helps. --DAN
- Sluggo: $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT These are the 10 stocks I currently hold and have held for a while. They are all extended at the current time, but some like $AMAT are close to a buy point. I do have another job, so I am late in reporting these. I apologize for that, but will try to let you guys know sooner when they hit their breakout buy points. Just put them on a watch list for now with a better entry alert notated.
- DAN: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Sluggo, thanks for posting that list of holdings. Those are all really great stocks with super chart patterns -- higher highs and lows...and close to or at new highs. Awesome job!!!
- Sluggo: @DAN $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Thanks, Dan...I owe it all to you and making a lot of my own mistakes over the years. I probably had every stock service (wont name them) that didn't do diddly for me since 2000. It's the old adage about giving a man a fish and teaching him how to fish. Kudos back at ya!
- DAN: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Thanks for telling me that, Sluggo. Makes me feel really good about the work that I (and we) do here. Funny -- I was just talking to someone last night about what I do and I said that it really is a grind. Every day focusing on the market unless "life" gets in the way -- as it has a lot this year. We were chatting about how long I planned to keep doing it, and I said that, every once in a while, I'll hear from someone who tells me that I've really changed their trading behavior and results for the better. And that's what keeps me getting up before 5 am each morning. So thanks for being that guy today. Needed to hear it...and congratulations for learning a little something about fishing! $$$ DAN
- Sluggo: @DAN $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT My pleasure, Dan. You are doing a great service for us all and I hope you continue doing what you are doing. As I said, I am not speaking out of my hat (whatever that means). I have used a ton of reputable services over the years and you are the best. Don't leave us! You and Aragorn, Bridget, Woodman and the rest are needed for all of us to learn and know there is someone else who is trading and helping. As you have said, trading is a lonely business.
- woodman: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT - it takes a while. I've learned from all of those you've mentioned.
7. $AMAT – popping out of weekly squeeze.
8. $LRCX – still working
9. $YY – still going
10. $BIDU – coming out of pivot. Chasing now.
11. $OLLI – still going.
12. $COR – 47% of float is short.
13. $FIZZ &n ...
12. $AMAT – high volume breakout from 4 month choppy base.
13. $ICHR – breakout from squeeze
14. $LN – squeeze on low volume. Note increasing trading activity.
15. $FIZZ – good entry a bit lower. Next buy point is $130. Ve ...
- Bridget: $AMAT back up to a new high after almost testing the 50dMA. Uptrend intact.
- Sluggo: $RTN $HON $V $PYPL $CBOE $SEDG $SQ $DXC $ALRM $MZOR $AMAT $OSUR Does anyone see a chink in my armour regarding these 12 stocks that I have been holding? I would love to see input on these. Would love your critic.
- bRobert: $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC The production tool side of semiconductors works . Positive retests of breakout VECO my dark horse trade, Will add when proven Renaissance Technology holder.
- woodman: @bRobert $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC - $ICHR making a nice come back too.
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- captron: $AMAT - Watching for the start of Phase II right here.
- bRobert: $UCTT $AMAT nice moves to top of range. Stops raised on partial position. These will follow SMH. nh but ADX still under 20. (NO strong trend).
- ag1: I'm looking to add to my $AMAT position if it breaks through $46 on some volume. The following is at: http://electroiq.com/blog/2017/09/fab-equipment-spending-breaking-industry-records/ Fab equipment spending breaking industry records The latest update to the World Fab Forecast report, published on September 5, 2017 by SEMI, again reveals record spending for fab equipment. Out of the 296 Front End facilities and lines tracked by SEMI, the report shows 30 facilities and lines with over $500 million in fab equipment spending. 2017 fab equipment spending (new and refurbished) is expected to increase by 37 percent, reaching a new annual spending record of about US$55 billion. The SEMI World Fab Forecast also forecasts that in 2018, fab equipment spending will increase even more, another 5 percent, for another record high of about $58 billion. The last record spending was in 2011 with about $40 billion. The spending in 2017 is now expected to top that by about $15 billion.
- grcjr: @Dan1946 $AAPL $AMAT $MU - I did add a nibble of $AMAT this morning. Working. Also a nibble of $MU ... break even so far.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMAT Applied Materials Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMAT&clip=91126
- issues: @ROSEY $SMH not Dan but here's what I researched in $SMH: IBD grp 19 includes $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS. Today we bought ESIO and BRKS. Already own MKSI & LRCX.
- ROSEY: @issues $SMH $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS Thanks . I was surprised that NVDA was not in the group.
- issues: As I carefully read the posts today and listened to uncle Dan on SMM last night, I noticed Dan's mention of $BRKS. So I did my diligent research and found BRKS is in IBD group 19 - Semis along with $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT & $ESIO. I was surprised to see ESIO up 40 in the past 3 months. Then LRCX was up 4% in 10 days TCMD was also up 40% in the past 3 months. BRKS is has a good rating at 97 Cumulative and C+ accumulation. MKSI 99 Cumulative and A accumulation. and ESIO 91 Cumulative and A accumulation. ESIO might be one to keep in a watch list. But Dan's BRKS isn't bad either. Holding small positions in $LCRX $AMAT $MKSI. Bought $RP this morning.
- billybob_jethro: $KLAC $AMAT $LRCX $ASML - These all appear to be breaking down. started a short position @158 $LRCX
- Bridget: $AMAT looking like a double top
- bsafriet: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Doesn't volume always run lighter in the summer? I'm keeping on top of my stops and making money while it's here to be made. Have just about made back $$$ lost in June's sell off. Don't plan on giving it back this time.
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX - Not that it matters much, but I agree...Take a look at the leadership stocks of the past...The rallies of the last few days have come on lower volume and they have not come close to taking out their highs. $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR - All have rallied to some extent after leading for months/qtrs but none have done so on significant step in and buy volume. $NVDA yesterday got a lot of significant talk from the analysts and moved up nicely with the market but the volume just wasn't what I'd like to see, I hope I'm wrong, but big money is either on the sideline, or not comfortable moving back in.
- DAN: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Sure it matters, audrina0904. Everyone's opinion matters. And I do think that a lot of money is going to the sidelines...and not a lot of money is running onto the field. I find Jaime Dimon's recent comments to be the most significant. http://www.businessinsider.com/dimon-central-bankers-are-facing-an-unprecedented-challenge-2017-7 Basically, he's saying that, because of the Fed's actions over the past 8-9 years, we are in uncharted waters. No one really knows how this is going to play out, and it's probably going to be worse than people suspect. Best line: "We act like we know exactly how it's going to happen, and we don't." Enough said. --Dan
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR I AGREE - it's impossible to know how it will play out...markets dont like uncertainty, that enough would be enough to sell...I just wonder what grannie will be saying.
- billybob_jethro: @Dan - You had mentioned you were thinking of shorting $AMAT if it got up to the the 50 SMA. Still have that thought? I shorted small amount.
- DAN: @billybob_jethro $AMAT No, I'm not short, and won't be shorting it. Semiconductors are not really reversing (and I'm REALLY happy about that because, if they were, the market would be selling off hard). They're just choppy and broken. But that break of the 50-day moving average doesn't mean that $AMAT is going to fall further. Support is $41 not. Just be careful on your short. Glad you asked, because I don't want you to think I'm doing something that I am not doing. --Dan
- billybob_jethro: @DAN $AMAT - Thanks. I am watching closely. Last 3 days of buying all on lower volume. Will get out if gets above 45.5 which appears to be limit of upper Bolinger band
- DAN: @billybob_jethro $AMAT OK. The short might work, billybob_jethro. Just respect the bulls. They can gore you if you don't. 8-)
- billybob_jethro: @DAN $AMAT - As always, thanks for answering and keeping the minions in check.
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- issues: @audrina0904 $ESNT It's very choppy - like a meat cutter. 1/2 position. I sold $ICLR when it was headed down. Now it's up big. I am not going to do that with $PI $AAOI $ANET $AMAT $AEIS etc.
- optionswealth: $AMAT Look at AMAT on the weekly time frame chart then look at it on the daily time frame chart versus todays price action. What do you think about starting a position now? I know there was one earlier, but I waited to see what kind of sell off we might have when I saw how the financials were acting so I'm not in it, yet.
- audrina0904: @optionswealth $AMAT I think you're safe to start any position as these MAY end up being buying opps...Having said that...start SMALL and with stops! Now more than ever, manage risk.
- issues: $ANET & $ATVI have very similar charts. I like this pull back so I added to the less expensive of the two - ATVI. I also added to these on the pull back yesterday: $ATHN $AMAT $EXAS $AEIS ~ Tomorrow $STZ reports at 10:30 am so I am selling 1/3 position.
- Bridget: @issues $ANET $ATVI $ATHN $AMAT $EXAS $AEIS I like $AEIS here, thanks for mentioning it.
- woodman: $AMAT $LRCX - two faves in trouble here ....
- debeers: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX -out of $LRCX as it broke the 148.07 level.
- woodman: @debeers $AMAT $LRCX - I sold half my LRCX this morning. I still have AMAT as it dropped right to support (6/12 intraday low) this morning. It may be outta here shortly.
- tigerjohn8: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX My trailing stop on $AMAT will sell at 41.96
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I mentioned yesterday that were "toppy", fell below support today. $TSM $AMAT $LRCX $SWKS $MCHP FAANG - not looking good since $XLK is rolling over $AMTD - great performing bank stock $AXP - working $YRD - Vol Squeeze up $OSUR - breakout $FSLR - holding up well $SBAC $AMT $CCI - up on $CHTR deal $PLYA - #ipo new high $STX - breaking out to the downside $PYPL - double top $TXN - breaking down $IRBT - shot across the bow $KHC falling below 200MA $GE - almost at 52 week low Dumpster Diving $CBL $AFSI - coming off the bottom
- woodman: $AMAT - waiving bye-bye
- ginice: $AMAT - Stopped out ... small loss. Really need the market with you on these trades, ha! Tomorrow is another day! Trade safe.
- ginice: $AMAT - Taking a position in this one today … running just above the 50dma which was a good entry in the longer term past. Good shorter term support at 43ish with a cute little descending triangle. It’s just a swing trade to start. Trade safe.
- ginice: $AMAT - Well, the first 15 minute candle failed to take it higher, no trade. Watching this morning, I dipped a toe in at 43.10 with a stop at 6/12 low of 42.30ish. The Market /NQ is sinking all boats today... one day wonder I think. ha! I hope this turns out to be a bargain basement trade. Trade safe.
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - some financials showing bullish movement. I like $ALLY here. Also bought calls in $XLF. FAANG - got a bounce this morning but have since pulled back, seems like buyers are less enthusiastic at these levels. Many other good performers saw a bounce off their 50dma, but since have pulled back ($TAL). $EEM - gap up and holding at the top of the consolidation range $VMC - breaking out. 52 week high at $138.18. Moving averages turning up on daily $HCA - moving higher out of cup and handle $MRCY - phase 2 $OI - breakout $BC - new 52 week high $GLW - breakout $FN - short squeeze $RAD - short squeeze Stocks that look toppy: $W $TSM $MCD $AMAT $NVDA $LRCX $WTW $SWKS $TSLA
- vfr777: $amat picking up today. The semis look good.
- woodman: $AMAT $LRCX - I haven't sold a share of these on their pullbacks. Today I added.
- woodman: $LRCX $AMAT $MU - I don't know if LRCX and AMAT will hold up, and I have sold a lot of my semiconductor related stocks, but I still have these as they sit on the 50 day. I still have MU too; with it continuing to do well but having earnings coming up, that adds a few wrinkles.
- issues: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT Maybe it's my new glasses but $LRCX and $AMAT have the same pattern in their charts.
- woodman: @Robert1965 $LRCX $AMAT $MU - Sorry, I don't understand your post.
- Robert1965: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $MU I am Holding $MU and doing good until the announcement of the EVP, then it dropped like rock from 32.40. I was ready to sell, still have 1/2 position wanted to sell above 32.60, before earnings
- issues: Here is an interesting article "Cheap Stocks with PEG ratio (pe divided by growth rate) below 1 that are Buy rated: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/26-cheap-stocks-in-the-markets-hottest-sector-2017-06-09 Phil VanDorn lists these as good candidates: $MU $WDC $CIEN $BCOR $LRCX $AAOI $CIEN $STMP $TIVO $MXL $SMCI $AMAT $CAMP $FB $CRUS $MEI $ITRI $SMTC $OCLR $SWKS and $MSCC. Although these are not necessarily on his list, I personally like: $BCOR $AMAT(IBD 50 this week) $CTRL(IBD 50 this week)$PETS $BZUN $BABA(IBD 50 this week) $ANET(IBD 50 this week) $CGNX (IBD 50 this week) We personally hold positions in $MU $LRCX $AAOI $MXL (have tight stop in place) $FB $BABA $ANET & $MCHP.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are up this morning as we follow through on the shot across the bow. After a couple of days of fast selling of the high flying Nasdaq stocks, most are rebounding and working themselves back into their established ranges.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMAT Applied Materials Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMAT&clip=86846
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - financials still working but starting to slow while waiting for FOMC. $WFC $AMTD $SCHW $CMA $ALLY $IYT - transports doing good. $CSX $FDX $UPS $GBX $XBI - biotechs doing good. $CVLS $MDT $OMER $PUMP $ABT Casinos holding- $CZR $MLCO $WYNN $LVS Infrastructure trade - $VMC $CMC $MLM $XLK recovering - $IRBT $TSLA $LITE $EDU $XHB breaking out - $KHB $LEN $PHM Winners on a pullback - $MTN $DPZ $NFLX $AMAT $ANET $MAS - breakout $IPI - breakout
- woodman: $AMAT bounce off 50d for the brave.
- issues: Took a look at the 10 day chart and these were the best $AEIS (dropped from 12% to 1%) $LRCX (drop 6% to -1%) $AMAT (4% to -3%) $CGNX (4% to -5%) $ICHR(8% to -6%) $MTSI (-2% to -8%). But looking at the charts on this page it looks like MTSI is the best. We hold small position in $AEIS $LRCX $MTSI & $PLAY. But I added to $PLAY (thank you Bridget) and bought starter in $LITE (thanks Champ). Why? LITE went from +14% to drop to just 5% (best) and PLAY dropped from 10% of 5%. I added to $NVDA on this pull back. It closed near the high of the day. I am hoping this pull back will resume its uptrend to break out over $170! Looking at $OLED. Some of the IBD 50 this week are $AMAT $ANET $ATHM $ATVI $BABA $CGNX $EDU $ICHR $LITE $LRCX $MTSI $NVDA $PLAY
- grcjr: $MU $AAPL $KLAC $AMAT - Although $AAPL is currently getting a lot of coverage, it is good to look at the memory market impacts. For example, the new Apple products have increased the memory available in many of the products. Current iPhones7 can now support up to 256 GB, new iPads up to 512 GB. Not all models. $AAPL is looking at buying their own piece of the memory manufacturing space. $MU and others are doing well supplying the memory chips. $KLAC and $AMAT support the manufacturing of many of the various chips. OK, I'm not a normal user but I am annoyed that $AAPL did not increase the memory capacity of the MacBookPro, still at 16GB.
- grcjr: $AVGO $AAPL $AMAT others - based on big earnings report by $AVGO (and upgrades) I'm watching for a possible 59 minute trade at the open. Also watching for pin action on $AAPL and other. Long: $AAPL $AVGO $AMAT
- grcjr: #NASDAQ100 new highs (52+weeks): $INTU $AAL $EXPE $REGN $EA $AMAT $CHTR $HAS $CMCSA $CTSH $MAR $FISV $HSIC $TSLS $VRTX $SBUX. Big list today. Can't figure out where to be? Could try $SMH. Perhaps $SOXL
- DAN: Some of @Bridget's notes to me tonight: $XLI $XLV - both breaking higher $BX $OLLI $CRUS $AMAT $MA - working $MON - continuing to breakout $WYNN $LVS $MGM $CZR $WYN - this move was much bigger than I expected $DLPH - new high, this stock is in the autonomous car space $GM $F - both seeing a bounce after this pullback $NSC $CSX - at all time highs $FDX - breaking out of triangle, a break above $200 would be significant $NLY - nice pattern, breakout on volume $LND - breakout after flag $OA - breaking out of cup and handle $CHGG - breaking out of squeeze $HRB - steady climb, new 52 week high $TCMD - #ipo at all time high (Short and Sweet). 8-) Dan
- issues: Notice the break out of $CTRL. This is in IBD industry group 24 -COMPUTER SFTWR-EDU/MEDIA GROUP. Semis are in group 3 with $ICHR $AMAT $KLAC. $ICHR broke out only to be smashed back down. It's like the game smash the gopher when he sticks his head up. I didn't like the semis now because of declining earnings estimates, but I do like $CTRL because the earnings are increasing quarter to quarter (.23 to .27 to .35...) So CTRL would make a good choice for a LTH in my humble opinion. Start position entered. On the IBD 50 list this week are AMAT ICHR & CTRL.
- issues: Doing an analysis of the Semiconductors: IBD industry group 2; includes: $ICHR (on the IBD 50) $AEIS $AMAT $ASML $LRCX $KLAC. Looking at earnings estimate I see they are all declining quarter to quarter. My guess this Semi group will go down over the summer. Semi are good Nov to April. Best 3 on the 10 day charts $ICHR $KLAC (rated "accumulate by AMTD & Long by MarketEdge) & $AMAT. Two worst (on the 10 day chart) $AEIS $ASML. My choice if I were a buyer right now, would be KLAC since ICHR has run up 26% since mid April. We own small positions in $LRCX & $AEIS. They have not done as well as $ICHR $KLAC $AMAT. Yes I am very glad I sold $NAT on Fri. Oil is decline. Oil tankers have have seen their best days with the Keystone pipeline going in.
- ROSEY: @issues $ICHR $AEIS $AMAT $ASML $LRCX $KLAC $NAT Thanks for this info on semis.
- issues: @Collinssw $DAIO Do you own any? Are you buying at this price? Itis in IBD group 3 semiconductors. Excellent group with $AEIS $AMAT $LRCX $MKSI $ICHR $KLAC... But it's very extended above 50 day, which is $5.30. It's up 60%. I would prefer to wait for a pull back. Good stock.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMT $AMAT --- correction $AMT not $AMD
- grcjr: $NVDA (correction not $AMD) $AMT $AMAT new 52 week highs.
- issues: @DAN $WB Dan I liked your tree analogy. The higher up the tree the less stable the jump up. That's good for WB. Let's face it, it's way up in the top branches and has no base from which to push higher. That analogy has kept me out of trouble. Word pictures are good for remembering basic principles. Now I am trying to decide which of these to add to: $AEIS $IPHI $BZUN $SINA $AMAT $TTD $QRVO $ABMD $AAOI. It's easy to see on the charts which look best but I value your opinion. Thanks Dan.
- bsafriet: $AMAT Beats estimates and upbeat Q3 guidance. Closed at $43.91 + 1.15 today, currently trading at $45.17 a/h. I sold my long May calls at the close today to take profit from today's gain :>( , entered yesterday at close with the $43.5 strike ...
- bobbybwana: $ADBE,$BABA,$AAPL,$AMAT,$MXL,$GOOG,$NVDA,$COR, $MOMO,$KBH,$ENTG Instead of chasing after more stocks I added to some of my positions last week. I seem to have more success when I add to my "working" stocks. Wish I added to $NVDA last week.
- Spotdog: @bobbybwana $ADBE $BABA $AAPL $AMAT $MXL $GOOG $NVDA $COR $MOMO $KBH $ENTG I agree
- Bridget: Notes: $JNJ - huge breakout, BTO Jun $125 Calls $AMAT - still climbing into earnings. $V - breaking out of an upward triangle $BOX at a new 52 week high. ER on 5/31 $GEO at a good buy point. $BBRY new 52 week high $QLYS - hit $42 and ran higher quickly, extended $SUPV - breakout continues today. Phase 3 $FEYE - my favorite of the cyber security stocks. Gap and run. $NETS - #ipo new all time high $FND - #ipo, new all time high $ADBE - working, still $EW breaking higher after consolidation, $MDT also looks good here $KMX and $TRU - both moving higher $MGM - new 52 week high $CALA - continuing to breakout
- Bridget: Notes: $NTES - broke out on earnings but now pulled back to the 50DMA $SUPN - continued reversal from yesterday, uptrend intact $SYMC - pulled back to 50DMA after earnings but holding $CPA - pulled back on earnings but still uptrend intact $SFM - continuing to breakout, rumored they might be acquired by $KR $BZUN - rocketing into ER, 5/16 $CIM - pulled back to 200DMA and firming support IBD50 stocks working - $MDSO $AMAT $EDU $MRCY $CAVM $AEIS $TAL $TRU $CGNX $XRT - retail getting slapped today after $M earnings, will $FIVE fall from good graces?
- Bridget: Notes: $WB $EDU $SINA $BIDU $BABA - chinese internet stocks up today $AMZN $SHOP $W - internet shopping still growing $SMH - new 52 week high, but lacking volume, $XLY at new high $LITE - moving up above $50 but on light volume $RL - breaking out, $UAA also looking ready for a breakout, $XRT up today $ENDP - breaking out of base on volume after earnings $PTLA - breaking out of squeeze on earnings $ATVI & $BYD - working, $GME also moving up into ER on 5/25 $AMAT - working
- stevef214: @Bridget $WB $EDU $SINA $BIDU $BABA $AMZN $SHOP $W $SMH $XLY $LITE $RL $UAA $XRT $ENDP $PTLA $ATVI $BYD $GME $AMAT You can add $JD to the internet shopping list
$AMAT working nicely earnings 5/13
- woodman: $AMAT hammer to new high. Fingers crossed.
- woodman: @debeers $MU $LRCX - Thanks. $MU I traded around a core position so this morning is a buy back of sold shares. I only held 1/3 of my $LRCX through earnings, so of course I regret that now. I have $AMAT too which popped in sympathy with LRCX (not as much, of course, but not bad).
- woodman: While $LRCX is rocketing away, look also at $AMAT which quietly closed above its recent high of 3/21.
- champ: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT --- I have been watching $AMAT today and I saw where you took out a new position about a week ago....good move on that low.
- debeers: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT -$-LRCX --Yup $AMAT did well but $LRCX has a president who will buy shares on a swoon. $LRCX has another earnings season which went in like a lion but out like a LAM.
- woodman: @debeers $LRCX $AMAT - there's room for both on the menu and, in fact, I have both (though I do wish I had more LRCX, but I have to be patient for a pullback) :-)
- woodman: @champ $LRCX $AMAT - Thanks, Champ.
- woodman: @debeers $LRCX - Nice! I held both a trimmed $LRCX position and a larger $AMAT position through LRCX's earnings.
- woodman: $AMAT revisiting high of the day.
- woodman: $AMAT - and back below VWAP...
- elgie: $AMAT Dan: Maybe you can comment tonight on AMAT break out. Down after the the opening pop but holding the gap so far at 3:40pm EST
- spmeyers: @elgie $AMAT best to use @DAN; then for sure he sees it
- optionswealth: $AMAT Was there news that caused the gap up in AMAT today. I haven't seen anything. I have calls and am very happy to see it back up at this level. Just came in from work. What is the expectation or price target you have. I doubt mine since it spent its time trading down.
- optionswealth: $AMAT If you add the amount of shares traded in 1 hour at the beginning of the day to the amount of shares traded in 1 hour at the end of the day and it is over 5 million shares just in those 2 hours.
|Stock Price||$USD 57.40|
Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services and software to the global semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic and related industries.Request Video of AMAT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 15th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 9.64 114.42%
- $USD 32.39 26.50%
- $USD 12.90 26.27%
- $USD 32.07 -20.02%
- $USD 6.83 -14.55%
- $USD 35.03 -14.53%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!