Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Vehid: Low risk entry point for $AMD?
- issues: @Vehid $AMD could go lower.
- bsafriet: @Vehid $AMD Barclays downgraded stock yesterday by 30%, big reason their new server processor doesn't measure up to Intel's, and isn't getting much traction in the market place. As was pointed out to me by someone here (sorry I forget who), $AMD has been trading in a channel going back to mid May. Using my chart, $AMD looks to be about 25% penetration in channel. Not bad, but you could do better for an entry (I'm waiting). Reports Jul 25 AMC. I am going to wait for the earnings call and listen to management's story and what the data for the Q2 actually shows before jumping back in. Hope this helps.
- Henry: @bsafriet $AMD That's different than an article on the Nasdaq site. http://tinyurl.com/ydyexduo #OT I built a new desktop with the Ryzen 5 and am very pleased. Building was not hard. In the old days you had to buy screws and standoffs. The hard drives just clip in.
- Vehid: @Henry @bsafriet @Henry $AMD My one more strong reason for waiting is that I am OTM! Anyway, The price dropped and recovered. Isn't that a bullish sign? #OT @Henry Used to build and sell 20 years ago, haven't done it lately. When I miss those days, I go play with my Raspberry Pi :) .
- Sher: $KEM – Up nearly 2% - Doesn’t report until the 27th and earnings/revenue projections look to be “killer” (238% & 52% increases over prior year) – Long Aug. $15 calls. $JD – Class leader – Aug. $41 & $42 call positions up 50 & 62%, respectively. $SCHW – Like post-earnings turnaround (reported B/O, pretty much in line with expectations) – Think done going down, for now, & phase 3 pending – Long Sept. $43 calls (underwater 30%) & will likely add before EOD. $CZR – Stock now up 4.4% & Sept. $12 calls, 75%... $AMD - Added to Aug. $14 call position Earlier posts: $JD - "Jumpin" - Phase 3 momentum - Short phase 2 PB, yesterday, (thank God!) - Just broke through R2... Casinos on the move - Long $CZR Sept. calls - Adding here - ER, 8-1-17 - Impressive expectations after 6 losing Qtrs.
- DAN: @Sher $KEM $JD $SCHW $CZR $AMD Nice bunch of position, Sher. Love it!
- Sher: @DAN $KEM $JD $SCHW $CZR $AMD - "Danke sehr"...
- Wolf: $AMD Bouncing along the 20DMA. If it breaks above 14, it will probably make an earnings run. Earnings 7/25.
$AMD - Doubled August $14 long call position @ $1.38 on pullback to S1 support level - Nice progressive squeeze higher on weekly chart - Think Feb. $15.55 high very doable.
$EEM - Added to Aug. $42.50 long call position - Stellar L-R weekly chart.
- champ: @Sher $JD $AMD $EEM $CALA ------ On $JLBU they reported News...good June prelim #Traffic results and they are moving up thru multi-month resistance.
- Sher: @Wolf $CY - This one really has been a great performer - I'm currently courting $AMD, which I'm wishing I'd spun off at the open!
$AMD - Well, I seemed to have added to my August call position just in time for a 26% phase 2 sell-off... "Thit"! I should have followed my original instincts and sold ATO when I had a nice gain.
$SCHW - Added to Sept. $43 long call posit ...
- Wolf: @Sher $CY $AMD Thanks for reminding me. I set a bear trap with weekly13.5 puts. Just bought shares @ 13.64 against half the puts.
- grcjr: $AMD nice bounce in the pre-market.
Jefferies' analyst, who evidently woke up in a bad mood, has cut $INTC to "Underperform", with a 29 price target. Preferences are $NVDA and $AMD. The WSJ reports that the government in Hong Kong eliminated the tax break for electrically-ch ...
- Robert1965: $AMD Has anyone looking at this it has been up 3% today also Friday, it looks like an earnings run, looking to get a starter position, any suggestions would be welcomed
- Robert1965: $AMD Is up and running for 2 days, looks like an earnings run any thoughts missed entry at 12.60
- Sher: $AMD – BTO Aug. $14 calls @ $1.25 $BZUN – STC July $25 calls for $1.60 & 27% gain – 1 day trade $CELG - Took profits on July $122 & $123 calls $JBLU – Leading the pack, today (2.7% gain) – Nice phase 3 reversal in play – Sept. $22 call position up 31% $SHAK – Threw in the towel on this slow bleeder and STC Sept. $35 calls for 30% loss - It’ll probably be acquired, now that I’m out!
- traderbren: $AMD - after a pop this morning, it is not trading to the low. Bearish candle.
- rbrown2222: @traderbren $AMD Draw trend lines across the top and bottom, trade the swings long and short until it stops working. About a $2.50 to $3 trade each way
- Vehid: @rbrown2222 $AMD Going to try it next low; if it comes!
- BocaRick: #SEMIs up premarket, $NVDA $AMD $MU, oversold bounce?
- hammid: $AMD making gains against $INTC? I work abroad and get 99% of my news from YouTube. The expat life! One of the YouTube channels I watch is Linus Tech Tips. I'm not the biggest fan of Linus, for various reasons, but he has started doing something that I find fascinating. Using his Amazon affiliate data, he has started highlighting what his viewers have been buying each quarter. According to his analysis, $AMD market share for CPUs rose from 7% to 29% in one quarter based on purchases through his Amazon affiliate code. Not exactly scientific, and borderline creepy, but significant all the same. The link to the video is as follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGCXAHa3g8
- Henry: @hammid $AMD $INTC #OT I never watch you tube ads, but your link opened with an ad for War of the Planet of the Apes. Imagine Patriot, Saving Pvt Ryan and Apocalypse Now with people and monkeys, helicopters and machine guns. Didn't get to watch all of Linus. I'll get back to you
- Henry: $AMD is holding its gains
- tigerjohn8: $AMD I got out EOB yesterday and this morning. A nice ride the last 3 days. will consider reentering if it comes down to it's moving averages around 12
- Robert1965: $AMD missed the low of the day for an entry, had order fro 13.38, what a % this has gone up in the last 3 days!
- cmaxwel1: $AMD is up before open. Looking to sell into rally at $13.50 on open.
- Henry: @cmaxwel1 $AMD Excitement about a new server chip. Currently $INTC has 99% of the market http://fortune.com/2017/06/21/amd-epyc-intel-servers/
- Robert1965: @cmaxwel1 $AMD question why not sell in PM $AMD up to 13.65
- Henry: $AMD new high for the day
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD - Choppy recent up trend making higher highs and lows. It has filled the recent earnings gap down. Encouraging. Probable resistance above current price. It is sitting at the upper 3rd std dev so I'm expecting it to rest soon. Long.
- Henry: @grcjr $AMD I see resistance at todays' high. It was a $10 stock on 5/1 so it''s had quite a move. My son tried to get me to buy the stock back when it was 5 or 6. It took me a while to listen.
- indigo1948: @Henry $AMD - nice movement - kicking my self for selling my Sept 15 calls too early - took profit but left a lot on the table.
- issues: @indigo1948 $AMD stop moved up to $12.97! Thanks!
- maxabella: $AMD #BTC #ETH. This will continue to run. Twice normal volume today.
- cmaxwel1: @maxabella $AMD #BTC #ETH (Sold position today in $AMD.) raising capital for end of July Slump.
- maxabella: @cmaxwel1 $AMD #BTC #ETH Sold to me! Happy trading! :)
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD - does he have an $AMD processor in his game machine?? :-)
- Henry: @grcjr $AMD I asked, it is a 5 yo Intel processor.
- DrScience: $AMD traders liking the stock this morning on the back of Dell's order for gaming PC processor.
- Sher: @DrScience $AMD - Yup... Picked up a few calls, yesterday.
- indigo1948: @Sher $AMD -big call volume buying in Sept 15 calls -
- Sher: $BZUN - STC shares bought yesterday for small profit - Not liking today's action. $AMD - STC Aug. calls $12 calls for 51% gain...1-day trade. $MGM - Back in with July $33 calls @ $.98 after taking profits, yesterday, in July $32 calls. $AUPH - Stock up 8.5%, today - Have been long July $7.50 calls that have been perilously close to worthless - Added to position, earlier, in anticipation of a light at the end of the tunnel, or before expiration, at least!
- JJT1: @Sher $AMD $ON $BSX $EEM $MGM $WYNN $X $BZUN $SWIR I still have my $MGM Aug 32 Calls. Up about 25%.
- Sher: $ABBV - Back in Aug. $70 calls @ $2.34 Taking profits on $MGM & $BSX calls, for now... $AMD - BTO Aug. $12 calls @ $1.15 - Also long July $16 calls in $ON $BSX – Nice reversal – Aug. $27 calls up 28%, today $EEM – Back above 20 & 5-day MA’s – Temporary bottom in, 6-15-17 – Added to July $41 call position @ $.85 $MGM – Upside momentum continues – About to take out prior high – 13G filing by T. Rowe Price, 5-31-17 (6.7% share ownership) - Long July $32 calls - $WYNN also ‘winning’. $X – Added to July $22 calls, Friday – Also short Jan. $22 puts $BZUN, $SWIR – Taking small positions in both
- bsafriet: @issues $NVDA Long $NVDA and no plan to sell any part of my position. As before, $NVDA's next earnings report will expose Mr Left for what he is - a self-serving opportunist. I personally think his analysis was rather shallow. Competition? $AMD ...
- martyrb3: $AMD Continuing to move up. Long
- Robert1965: $SMH looks like $NVDA $AMD are off their highs, and heads for the open price, anyone adding
- champ: @Robert1965 $SMH $NVDA $AMD ----- I sold $NVDA today....this trade could be over with for now....traders/investors are taking profit....its now down around $12 from the high, way to late to add but know-one really knows....but for me its time to move on because the stock might need to rest for awhile...?
- Henry: @JBed $NVDA $AMD #AnderwLeft at Citron strikes again http://www.citronresearch.com/nvidia-trade-back-130/
- Wolf: $AMD Sold half my position pre-market @12.84. Long 12.5 weekly calls @.25 and 12 puts @.14
- DrScience: $AMD $BABA both stocks hammering back to the top of the days' range.
- grcjr: $AMD - jumping again at the open. Currently pushing the upper 3 std dev BB. Three day rule? I'm not thinking so. Volume still looks ok. Will watch for expanding BBs.
- Vehid: @grcjr $AMD Glad that I did not sell last week because of the rumor!
- grcjr: @Vehid $AMD $NVDA $AAPL $INTC - both $AMD and $NVDA are very much a part of the product mix people are buying today. Huge compute cluster farms, Artificial Intelligence, Sony Playstations, $AAPL computer systems, $INTC computer systems, Nintendo, pads, cell phones, BitCoin mining (although ASICs may be the best way to go). A very full spectrum of product usage.
- Vehid: @grcjr $AMD $NVDA $AAPL $INTC Correct. Last couple of weeks first there was a rumor that Intel is going to license AMD graphic tech and price went up. Then both sides denied and price dropped and I was thinking of getting out of my position as it was going side way and nothing in near future was expected. Apple new this week was a huge surprise! Looks like keep and stay sad worked better than sell and become sad in this case!
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $AMD I'm also holding off right now
- Aragorn: @Robert1965 $AMD 12.19 must hold the 50 but that is a shooting star candle and not good looking lets see how it plays out I have calls from yesterday I may add on any bounce. Another stock service put on a considerable trade on this one today so I think when it spiked that was their membership buying calls. The brokers follow his trades carefully. Edited for spelling
- Robert1965: $AMD Thanks to all
- Robert1965: $AMD anyone buying @12.38, I looking to add if it dropped below open, but now not too sure, the way it dropped from 12.64
- sierramp: @Robert1965 $AMD I wouldn't stick my toe into that water, not my style. I'd wait to see what happens tomorrow but then I'm more risk averse than many. Good luck!
- traderbren: $AMD - getting a solid bid. Holding June $10 Calls.
- DrScience: $AMD up almost 5% this morning on no news. Bounced from the 200 DMA on Friday, but a downward sloping 50 DMA likely to prove resistance another .50 higher.
- traderbren: $AMD -- FYI -- $AMD near session highs as Apple chooses Radeon for iMacs
- traderbren: $AMD - decided on a bottom-fish trade with the June $10 calls @ 80 cents.
- Sher: @traderbren $AMD - I debated reentering $AMD, but ended up taking a position (stock & July calls) in $ON, Wed., based upon it's 1-year growth rate of 31.5%, compared to $AMD (16.6%), $CY (12%) & $MU (7.3%) - Hope we're both right!
- Sher: $ON - Took a new position, this morning - 1-year growth rate of 31.5%, compared to $AMD (16.6%), $CY (12%) & $MU (7.3%) - Nice L-R chart $WPX - Added to Aug. $12 calls - Think selling overdone and looking for $10.74 (VWAP) to hold as support - Believe today's low marks temporary bottom - Beat on earnings & revenue, first quarter.
- stevef214: @Remington $MU Thx I have been checking $SMH but others is a good reference also. looking at $CY, $AMD and others its a mixed bag but SMH is still climbing. I will probably take 1/2 off just to be disciplined. I definitely need more of that to step up my trading game.
- grcjr: $AMD $INTC - IMHO, the news that the market sold off $AMD because they would not license with $INTC is kind of silly. $INTC needs $AMD to be a successful company (CPUs and graphics) so that $INTC will be less a target for monopoly status.
- Rdm: $AMD, Hey guys I'm new here. Any thoughts on a good entry for AMD? Does it have a chance of filling that gap back up to 15 anytime soon or is it heading back towards the 10 support levels?
- PhilHarmonic: @email@example.com $AMD The good entry was the bounce off the 200 dma. There is lots of overhead resistance. It looks like it may be forming a top with a right shoulder and a head clearly visible. What will it end up doing. Your guess is as good as mine. What ever you decide to do Risk Management is essential. Flip that coin or buy a stronger chart.
- Rdm: @PhilHarmonic $AMD Thanks man! Appreciate the help! I had a position I held too long after the rumored $INTC deal on Tuesday then finally recovered a bit and sold for a small loss yesterday. Stayed too long at the party and paid for it! Should've taken profits. Lesson learned.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMT $AMAT --- correction $AMT not $AMD
- grcjr: $NVDA (correction not $AMD) $AMT $AMAT new 52 week highs.
- GOOSE: $UVXY, $MU, $AMD $AMBA From the boonies of NJ, ;>) Re: My post yesterday. I'm almost whole again. What a difference a day makes.
- JBed: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD Me too! Quite a relief - but I'm going to be quicker to take profits after Wednesday.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD $AMBA Glad to hear that. I'm close. Still in France ;>)
- GOOSE: @JBed $UVXY $MU $AMD Good to hear. I was traveling, so I didn't have access to my computer, except momentarily when I would stop at a MCD to refresh. Hey, all's well that ends well. ;>) Have a great weekend.
- GOOSE: #OT Been on the road for the past two days, driving from Florida to NJ. Got to my hotel to check my $UVXY $AMD $MU short calls, last night and got a big surprise. My account was less than in the morning when I left. ;>) As our mentor says, "That's trading". Looking a little better today. Good GREEN to all.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $AMD $MU #OT Safe travels GOOSIE. Still in Paris and hanging in... ;>)
- Henry: $AMD bouncing
- Wolf: #luck Worst fat finger trade I ever made. Conditional order to buy $AMD and typed $AMZN. Good thing I noticed it. Actually made $1/share, but momentarily went into margin.
- bigbartabs: @Wolf $AMD $AMZN #luck ... don't you hate it when that happens And when you hit enter, it is exactly at the same time you realize it. If you haven't ever felt your stomach laying on your flip flops (called thongs when I was a kid)... its not a feeling that goes away quick.
- woodman: @bigbartabs $AMD $AMZN #luck - my classic maneuver is accidentally buying when I meant to sell or vice versa. Those are great. Especially when it takes me too long to realize what I did.
- coldevinc: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck have done them all grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- DrScience: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck Really disconcerting to look at your position balance, think to yourself -- Hey! I sold that -- wonder why it's getting worse, and then... The fog lifts!
- bigbartabs: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck ... my classic bone header... having a limit sell already set... the stock bounces up enough for me to be happy with anything there or above... so I change the sell limit, to a sell stop a bit below... change the price, and then forget to change limit to stop. Gone. Cuss. And with HFT, sometimes below the bid price, because of the limit.
- Robert1965: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck Did that yesterday meant to add to MOMO at $41.17, but sold the lot bought at 40.30, the other day then chased all day to buy it back. Now MOMO down today. Instead of selling 1/2 at 44.00
- DrScience: $AMD holding it's Analyst Day today. Stock peeking above the 20 DMA and now looking to fill the gap from earnings "disaster,"
- Sher: $AMD - Back in, yesterday, & with long July $11 calls @ $1.30 - Up 26%, this morning.
- Henry: @DrScience $AMD Benzinga reports an unconfirmed story that $INTC has inked a deal with AMD as a NVDA licensing deal expired
- DrScience: @Henry $AMD investors definitely "feel" the excitement while $INTC investors just shrug their shoulders.
- Wolf: @issues $OLLI $PI $AMD $TMUS $S $PI is a good company but right now it is up on analyst hype after missing earnings. Long medium position in IRA and small starter in trading account.
- champ: @Wolf ---- On $AMD the news is ...its strength is attributed to a #Rumor that $INTC plans to #License their graphics chip....have to wait and see what happens...so for now day traders are at work....NP.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 18.0 CALLS @.53 $AMD STO 6/9/17 13.5 CALLS @.25 $AMD STO 6/9/17 11.0 PUTS @.26 Part of a short strangle. $AMBA STO 6/9/17 57.50 PUTS @.90 Small size. Thanks to my friend @Forexpro, his idea, my trade. Looking to take them back at a nickel. ;>)
- Sher: $INVH - Not sure why the huge bearish reversal - 5-8-17 earnings were, essentially, in line & RBC lifted PT to $24, this morning - Ex. dividend, today, but that was only $.06... Long stock. $AMD - STC July $11 calls @ $2.25 - Position up 76% since yesterday's purchase - Will look to reenter on any meaningful PB.
- traderbren: $AMD - STC half of my June $10 Calls at $2.80 ... holding the balance.
- Robert1965: Down in AH $AMD $12.38, and $BZUN $20.33,
|Stock Price||$USD 13.81|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 24th, 2017 - 2017 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 33.86 34.75%
- $USD 33.85 31.80%
- $USD 33.10 30.99%
- $USD 41.47 -42.80%
- $USD 36.86 -12.39%
- $USD 6.68 -9.69%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 50,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (50,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!