Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Rdm: $AMD, Hey guys I'm new here. Any thoughts on a good entry for AMD? Does it have a chance of filling that gap back up to 15 anytime soon or is it heading back towards the 10 support levels?
- PhilHarmonic: @firstname.lastname@example.org $AMD The good entry was the bounce off the 200 dma. There is lots of overhead resistance. It looks like it may be forming a top with a right shoulder and a head clearly visible. What will it end up doing. Your guess is as good as mine. What ever you decide to do Risk Management is essential. Flip that coin or buy a stronger chart.
- Rdm: @PhilHarmonic $AMD Thanks man! Appreciate the help! I had a position I held too long after the rumored $INTC deal on Tuesday then finally recovered a bit and sold for a small loss yesterday. Stayed too long at the party and paid for it! Should've taken profits. Lesson learned.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMT $AMAT --- correction $AMT not $AMD
- grcjr: $NVDA (correction not $AMD) $AMT $AMAT new 52 week highs.
- GOOSE: $UVXY, $MU, $AMD $AMBA From the boonies of NJ, ;>) Re: My post yesterday. I'm almost whole again. What a difference a day makes.
- JBed: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD Me too! Quite a relief - but I'm going to be quicker to take profits after Wednesday.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD $AMBA Glad to hear that. I'm close. Still in France ;>)
- GOOSE: @JBed $UVXY $MU $AMD Good to hear. I was traveling, so I didn't have access to my computer, except momentarily when I would stop at a MCD to refresh. Hey, all's well that ends well. ;>) Have a great weekend.
- GOOSE: #OT Been on the road for the past two days, driving from Florida to NJ. Got to my hotel to check my $UVXY $AMD $MU short calls, last night and got a big surprise. My account was less than in the morning when I left. ;>) As our mentor says, "That's trading". Looking a little better today. Good GREEN to all.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $AMD $MU #OT Safe travels GOOSIE. Still in Paris and hanging in... ;>)
- Henry: $AMD bouncing
- Wolf: #luck Worst fat finger trade I ever made. Conditional order to buy $AMD and typed $AMZN. Good thing I noticed it. Actually made $1/share, but momentarily went into margin.
- bigbartabs: @Wolf $AMD $AMZN #luck ... don't you hate it when that happens And when you hit enter, it is exactly at the same time you realize it. If you haven't ever felt your stomach laying on your flip flops (called thongs when I was a kid)... its not a feeling that goes away quick.
- woodman: @bigbartabs $AMD $AMZN #luck - my classic maneuver is accidentally buying when I meant to sell or vice versa. Those are great. Especially when it takes me too long to realize what I did.
- coldevinc: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck have done them all grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- DrScience: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck Really disconcerting to look at your position balance, think to yourself -- Hey! I sold that -- wonder why it's getting worse, and then... The fog lifts!
- bigbartabs: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck ... my classic bone header... having a limit sell already set... the stock bounces up enough for me to be happy with anything there or above... so I change the sell limit, to a sell stop a bit below... change the price, and then forget to change limit to stop. Gone. Cuss. And with HFT, sometimes below the bid price, because of the limit.
- Robert1965: @woodman $AMD $AMZN #luck Did that yesterday meant to add to MOMO at $41.17, but sold the lot bought at 40.30, the other day then chased all day to buy it back. Now MOMO down today. Instead of selling 1/2 at 44.00
- DrScience: $AMD holding it's Analyst Day today. Stock peeking above the 20 DMA and now looking to fill the gap from earnings "disaster,"
- Sher: $AMD - Back in, yesterday, & with long July $11 calls @ $1.30 - Up 26%, this morning.
- Henry: @DrScience $AMD Benzinga reports an unconfirmed story that $INTC has inked a deal with AMD as a NVDA licensing deal expired
- DrScience: @Henry $AMD investors definitely "feel" the excitement while $INTC investors just shrug their shoulders.
- Wolf: @issues $OLLI $PI $AMD $TMUS $S $PI is a good company but right now it is up on analyst hype after missing earnings. Long medium position in IRA and small starter in trading account.
- champ: @Wolf ---- On $AMD the news is ...its strength is attributed to a #Rumor that $INTC plans to #License their graphics chip....have to wait and see what happens...so for now day traders are at work....NP.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 18.0 CALLS @.53 $AMD STO 6/9/17 13.5 CALLS @.25 $AMD STO 6/9/17 11.0 PUTS @.26 Part of a short strangle. $AMBA STO 6/9/17 57.50 PUTS @.90 Small size. Thanks to my friend @Forexpro, his idea, my trade. Looking to take them back at a nickel. ;>)
- Sher: $INVH - Not sure why the huge bearish reversal - 5-8-17 earnings were, essentially, in line & RBC lifted PT to $24, this morning - Ex. dividend, today, but that was only $.06... Long stock. $AMD - STC July $11 calls @ $2.25 - Position up 76% since yesterday's purchase - Will look to reenter on any meaningful PB.
- traderbren: $AMD - STC half of my June $10 Calls at $2.80 ... holding the balance.
- Robert1965: Down in AH $AMD $12.38, and $BZUN $20.33,
- JBed: $STC $AMD 7/21 $10 calls for 44% gain. Don't trust it here.
- Sher: $CARA – STC May $17.50 calls for 58% profit – Thrilled to be out, since they’ve been underwater from the first mouse click – Still long stock, although with the recent hefty reversal, I suspect it may pull back some. $AMD – Stopped out of July $10 calls, while at a medical appt., for a 41% gain. $PPC – Not a swell move… Yesterday: BTO June $25 calls @ $.95... John Najarian's noon flyer (I hope) – 22,886 Vol. against 126 OI – He’s probably already taken his profits & run (high for the day was $2.48) – Today: Yup… position down 21% and OI at 9,881 – Never again…
- woodman: $AMD post-200day bounce, now trying to get up through the 8dEMA.
- cmaxwel1: @woodman $AMD (sold small at 10.80)
- traderbren: @woodman $AMD - yep, holding Jun $10 calls from lower levels.
- woodman: @traderbren $AMD - I added not long ago.
- woodman: $AMD @Henry - nice bounce. I bought some yesterday to go with my other dive and support-bouncer $MTSI which I bought last week.
- Sher: $AMD – Added to July $10 call position @ $1.30 $BABA – Back in June $120 calls @ $3.94 $BZUN – Moved ER date from 5-23-17 t0 5-16-23 $GOL – Reported this AM – Earnings & revenues miss – Down 4% - NP $MOMO – Squeeze looking a little tenuous – Price now below 20-Day & VWMAs - Long July $40 calls in anticipation of an earnings run – Latter still scheduled for 5-23-17, B/O.
- issues: @DAN $OLLI Thank you Dan I got a starter position rhrn in good ol' $OLLI. It's the same price as $PI (bought both!) Also added to $AMD and bought starter in $TMUS. Put a stop on $S at $7.70
- Sher: $AMD - Momentum continues - Stock up 6.5% & July $10 calls up 32%, today - Added to position earlier... $INVH - Voluntary debt prepayment - ER tomorrow A/C - Up 2%, today - REIT (BX in origin) that IPO'd 1-17-17 - Long stock.
$SMH $AMD $MU - semis had a good day
$SODA - broke down on earnings but uptrend is still intact. Support at $50
$DDD / $SSYS - 3D printing keeps moving higher
$TSLA $FSLR $SEDG - solar up on new TSLA roof tiles
$XRT - retail is showing some improve ...
- Henry: @woodman $MU $AMD is coming off the bottom
- woodman: @Henry $MU $AMD - good eye!
- woodman: @Henry $MU $AMD - $MTSI similar to $AMD off day after big pullback.
- woodman: Some #Semiconductors of interest to me: $MPWR $MITK $STM (already long STM) $AXTI $MTSI (already long) $AMD
- JBed: $AMD Might be bouncing for real this time.
- woodman: @JBed $AMD - if you like the $AMD level and bounce, you may also like the same for $MTSI.
- Hank1: $AMD@JBed....I would wait until it can at least close above the previous day's high. Better yet, the previous weeks high. Looks like it's still in distribution to me. JMHO
- JBed: @Hank1 $AMD No position and yes I will wait for confirmation. Thanks for the advice.
- Cgress70: @JBed $AMD AMD is the devil...
- Sher: $MPW – Opened new share position – Hammer candlestick marked $12.25 bottom, yesterday - Stock up 1.8% following earnings beat, this morning - Dividend yield of 7.6%. $AMD – Added to long July $10 call position @ $1.10.
- Danzguy: @Sher $MPW $AMD MPW - interested in pattern - Thx!
- Henry: $AMD You guys who were looking for a bottom yesterday, might look RHRN, long Oct 11 calls
- Henry: $AMD I guess not
- cmaxwel1: $amd bounces off 200
- issues: @cmaxwel1 $amd not much
- Henry: $AMD depending on which analyst you believe, it's going to 10.50 or 17 http://www.barrons.com/articles/advanced-micro-drops-12-wheres-the-beef-ask-bears-1493730722
- Henry: $AMD Looks like the $10.50 is going to win
- JBed: $AMD Bought a small position at the lows today. I mean, how much lower can it go?
- Henry: @JBed $AMD You might find out tomorrow.
- Danzguy: @Henry $AMD You made me smile. :)
- Henry: @Danzguy $AMD I have the T-shirt too
- JBed: @Henry $AMD Aaaagh! Like I said, it's small.
- JBed: @JBed $AMD Moved my stop up to break-even. Day trade, obs.
- tjv821: $amd. What's everyone consensus to late to see or add more??
- Tony220397: @tjv821 $amd seem price keep getting cheaper! no sign of bottom yet.
- spmeyers: @tjv821 $amd might bottom at 200-day m.a. but I wouldn't touch it until it does -- 190 million shares today; that's big boys dumping it
- Bridget: @tjv821 $amd a bit late on the sell and I certainly wouldn't be adding more just yet. This is still falling and it is yet to be seen if this will hold at $10 but I think it will. I would consider buying there IF we get a bounce.
- JBed: $AMD just reported - looks like earnings (losses) per share were right at consensus, -.04. Wild swings, of course. Low of about 12.90 AH.
- JBed: @JBed $AMD Going lower now.
- issues: @JBed $AMD Thanks. Glad I didn't buy more. Will buy more at lower price tomorrow.
- JBed: $AMD looking strong. still in that months-long range though. When it gets to the top I will be watching carefully for a possible breakout above $15.50.
- grcjr: @lostsheep $SMH $MU $MSFT $SWKS $AMD $AAPL - $MU already reported earnings, not again until June. I'm surprised but remember tech earnings really hit starting tomorrow with $SWKS after the close. $AMD 5/1 after the close. $AAPL 5/2 after the close. Letting things go up prior to trimming for earnings. May x-out $MU. Or may add more to my profitable stock position.
$AMD longer term play needs to do some work here to get above he 21ema daily 100ema support
$AMAT working nicely earnings 5/13
- Henry: @Suz #OffTheCharts $MCHP $MU $AMD Jimbo didn't make this easy to find http://cnb.cx/2oMzv4C
- rck89: $AMD STC $AMD May 12/14 BuCS @.95cr...BTO @.82db. Small gain, but I've learned my lesson regarding holding trades through earning! Really bad idea!
- cmaxwel1: @woodman $MU (added , $AMD working)
- cmaxwel1: @Henry $MCHP $MU $AMD #OffTheCharts (Thanks Henry). I own $AMD and added $MU
- issues: A couple of little rocket ships that we own far too few shares are $CBPO and $SAVE. Thinking of starting a position in MU (Cramer talked about these Semis last night - $MU $AMD $MCHP. We already own MCHP and AMD.
- issues: @rck89 $AMD earnings are not until May 1st according to AMTD.
- debeers: @issues $CBPO $SAVE $MU $AMD $MCHP --Well you never know when the rocketships will mimic North Korea's. I imagine you are doing very well: I only have 2 in this space: $LRCX: the best fabricator and $MU the best chip. Otherwise one pick in leisure and 2 in materials and 2 in finance.
- rck89: $AMD Speaking of bullish trades, any thoughts on an $AMD BuCS? Should we get back int the semis?
- rck89: $AMD STO $AMD May 12/14 BeCS @.82 db...small position, case of the "can't help its".
- rck89: @DrScience $AMD Opps...my "screw-up", it is a BuCS @.82db. Sorry. I am bullish on the semis at least through earnings. Also, your thoughts on oils, specifically $CVX....big yield. I've owned this stock for a good while.
- issues: @Wolf $NVDA It's still in a trading box! I liked Dan's comments about not shorting. Good work Dan! We are still holding $NVDA and $AMD (Cramer said it was just profit taking by heggies and fund managers.
- Wolf: @issues $NVDA $AMD Didn't mean this as negative or I wouldn't have closed the shorts. These are just weekly options and day trades. I won't make any thing longer than that until after earnings. The way the market is, you have to make money where you can.
- stevef214: $AMD STC 4/21 $12 Calls for loss. $UNG STC 4/21 $7 Calls for nice gain. The AMD loss was much more than I should have taken but at least the UNG gain more than out weighted it. Clearing out April calls probably put this capital back to work on May or July $UNG
- tradeforfamily: $SMH $NVDA $AMD Lot of semis are down today. Any news?
- issues: @tradeforfamily $SMH $NVDA $AMD I am thinking that there's that season of rotation. The best months for Semi may be coming to a close, but we are still holding NVDA & AMD. It could just be profit taking or a rotation out... what do you think?
- BocaRick: $AMD $GS downgrades to SELL, PT $11
- crank: @BocaRick $AMD $GS $AMD Josh Brown (Half Time Report-CNBC) is a big supporter of this stock. He has been pounding the bullish table. Wonder if he is going to take the other side of the trade
- audrina0904: @crank $AMD $GS These guys (all of them IMO) are about as smart as any one of us here...I have a pretty strong hate relationship with analysts, especially when they try to stick out in the world and be seen...Thats what happens with anyone touting their calls on CNBC, or anyone that takes a complete contrarian stance on a stock as it seems this guy has with $AMD
- BocaRick: @audrina0904 $AMD $GS Article on #Marketwatch says basically a valuation call. But down 5% Premarket n 3.5 million shares, so smart or not, stock will be down at the open.
- Wolf: $AMD $NVDA Gotta love these analysts. What is next? Glad I sold my AMD.
- SusanW: @BocaRick $AMD $GS I was blindsided by the call. Nothing but positive remarks about this stock. I hope someone comes out and supports it. Do we sell?
- audrina0904: @BocaRick $AMD $GS #Marketwatch AGREED, just venting...almost everyone else thinks $AMD is fine...
- Aragorn: @SusanW $AMD is gapping down to the 50 if you ask me might be a good spot to add as long as the 50 holds. I got stopped out yesterday on a great trade in AMD options. I was going to roll them up and out but got stopped first
- efrain007: $AMD buying opp? downgrade two weeks away from earnings worries me though. They must be very confident on their call to lower their price target.
- inthesticks: @BocaRick $AMD $GS Didn't realize but is up 60% in less than 90 days!
- Wolf: $AMD BTO 13 weekly puts @ .13and half that many shares @ 13.23. Will add below 13 if it goes there.
- humble: @DAN $AMD looks like many memb e rs would love your input
|Stock Price||$USD 12.37|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 19th, 2017 - 2017 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 26.70 17.78%
- $USD 165.90 9.13%
- $USD 14.05 3.99%
- $USD 18.60 -56.88%
- $USD 39.67 -45.86%
- $USD 5.58 -40.79%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!