Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Wolf: $AMD Markets are gaining, but $AMD is down. Closed weekly 13.5 short puts for a little profit.
- cmaxwel1: $AMD $KO stops hit. Out.
- champ: $AMD @ $14 again ...news flow still moving the stock.... I added back 1/2 .....again why wait.
- grcjr: $AMD $MU $NVDA $AMAT even $INTC and $AAPL - chips moving up today.
- Aragorn: $AMD rev strat day up got an upgrade today
- Wolf: $AMD Let my 13.5 short puts expire in the money last week. Long medium position with 14 covered call and naked put on 1/3.
- matthe76: $AMD Pullback buy led to a 5 - 7% gain, but now it's coming down on low volume. Is the pullback play done? Hard to know whether to sell with a 5% gain or let it ride, especially when initial buy amount wasn't the full position.
- inthesticks: @matthe76 $AMD It's still in a nice up trend as long as it holds the 50MA. Good company and sector. Depends on your objective and time horizon. IMO for the short term the $13 level or 50MA is entirely possible. LT ... I think adding to position at or just above 50MA would be a good, low risk buy.
- fishing777: @matthe76 $AMD ..I would wait for a bounce if if tests the 50ma because a failure there will indicate a head and shoulders pattern.
- issues: @inthesticks $AMD I see the 50 day for AMD as $12.50. So that has to hold to avoid the head and shoulders shampoo right?
- inthesticks: @issues $AMD Not an expert on pattern theory but it does look like $AMD is headed for a head and shoulders if it continues lower. Regardless of the pattern, a close below the 50MA is generally a bearish condition. The addition of a potential H&S makes it that more bearish.
- inthesticks: @issues $AMD This is what I see. Left shoulder starts on the breakout on Feb 3rd, top is Feb 7th, neck base is Feb 17th & March 6th, top of head is Feb 28th, right shoulder top is March 13th, and the $12.40-12.50 range would complete the right shoulder. I learned that from @Dan so if I'm wrong its his fault ...lol. Experts please correct as necessary.
- tradeforfamily: $AMD Hi, any thoughts on this. The addition to SP500 is not helping. $NVDA is lowering their prices. thanks
- spmeyers: @tradeforfamily $AMD $NVDA AMD seems in limbo
- issues: @tradeforfamily $AMD how about a stick figure of a head and shoulders. We are holding onto this one expecting it to go up to $20 by years end.
- Aragorn: @champ $AMD I could not do what you did Friday as I had calls I did close them out yesterday for a nice profit. Looking to reload they are down this AM alerts set above and below
- Robert1965: $AMD out at 14.02
- Henry: @Aragorn $AMD Is AMD just filling the gap. I see no news
- Aragorn: @Henry $AMD got the bump up on news adding to SP500 drll the news now it filled the gap was a good place to add at LOD but was out shoveling
- Henry: @Aragorn $AMD $SPY I saw the CAO sold 20K+ shares. Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me. Looks like the 21 ema is in play for SPY support
- Robert1965: $AMD thinking about re-entering at 13.75
- champ: @Aragorn $AMD $14.09 --- Not bad ..bounced $0.45 off the low....still holding 1/2 size ...sold the other 1/2... on Friday near the hi in the AH's.
- Aragorn: @champ $AMD I reeneterd today with calls again
- stevef214: $BABA up big but pulling back from the $105 BO level. $AMD also up but also pulling back. Lets see what the rest of the day brings. #OT For some reason I was whistling Mr. BoJangles all day yesterday :)
- Robert1965: $AMD I took 1/2 off today, 14.58
- stevef214: @Robert1965 $AMD I have a 1/3 position and was thinking of adding another 1/3 if it stays above $14. Did you sell because it has reached a price target or some other criteria of yours?
- Robert1965: @stevef214 $AMD I sold because the pop after hours, I missed that, and figured if it made close to what it was trading I would sell 1/2, I late in getting in 1/4 at 12.75 3/4 at 13.31,
- stevef214: @Robert1965 $AMD Thx I was later than that and I am trying to assess how high it can run. Seems like a lot of good news lately but it may be baked in already.
- Robert1965: @cmaxwel1 $AMD I have been looking for a Price Target on this, where did you find it
- stevef214: $AMD Added 4/21 $12 calls low bid hit at EOD
- cmaxwel1: @champ $AMD (glad to have added earlier this week, thanks for News) Price Target 18
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $GDX $UUP $ULTA $MTN $FIZZ $SHLD $WLDN $FNSR $ACIA $OCLR $PAY $ZUMZ $IBB $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH $XLK $SMH $AMD $AVGO $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV $MRVL $RMP $ZIOP $HOG $PII $T $AON $HTZ $RH $PANW (big volume on $PANW). Adding on monday
- DrScience: @hershey3 $AMD if $13.75-14.00 proves to be resistance, yes.
- hershey3: @DrScience $AMD
- hershey3: @DrScience $AMD thank you, i will pay attention
- Robert1965: @champ $AMD I got in Wednesday at 13.31, did you swing 1/2 yesterday
- champ: @Robert1965 $AMD ---- I did swing my ...full position and I have size....because I like the news....just going to put it away and hold. That low on 3/6 at $12.50...should be support.
- Aragorn: $AMD inside day and up bot calls yesterday working
- champ: $AMD @ $13.91 up over 4% now...HOD on volume.
- Robert1965: $AMD Anyone adding and what would be a good add price
- Aragorn: @Robert1965 $AMD yesterday entered calls the add was today inside day and up 13.46 looks good
- stevef214: @Robert1965 $AMD I was thinking same this morning and thought wait for it to clear the gap at $13.91. Now its almost there, maybe wait for it to open above that. Someone did comment on the possibility of a head and shoulders could form if it retreats at resistance at $14 or so, so watch out for that also.
$XLK - tech and semis still doing well $SMH $AMD $AVGO
Working: $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV
$MRVL - breaking out on volume about Investor's Day in NYC
$RMP - got added to the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index. Volume spiked more than 5X
$ZIOP - ...
- champ: $AMD @ Climbing in the AH's....on News...volume over 1.5m shares
- kcar21966: @champ $AMD what is the news, Champ? Up $.44 now
- champ: @kcar21966 $AMD --- Moved out of the $MDY and into the $SPY...not really news but thats what is going on.
- kcar21966: @champ $AMD $MDY $SPY geez, up $.76 now
- champ: $AMD @ $14.70 --- Now...OUT 1/2 because I had an oversize position.
- hockeyfan5110: @champ $AMD it got added to the SP500 so it might keep going higher to test previous highs. I hope @DAN can talk about it
- champ: @hockeyfan5110 $AMD --- Great move in the AH's... up more than in the regular session today...so it forced me to take profits 1/2....I always take 1/2 off anyway on all my New positions when I'm up over 10% in just one day and then I let the rest work....have to see how the PM plays out on Monday morning before the open....to see if I'm right but I could be wrong.....I might even have to add back.
- champ: $AMD @ $13.15 --- News this morning about a new product and also a new upgrade... with a new target of $17... raised from $14....by Canaccord Genuity....they had meetings with the company.....just posted @ 10:54 ET...this news should be positive.....as it gets out.....I'm back in RHRN....for now this is a Spec Day trade but I plan on swinging 1/2.
- cmaxwel1: @champ $AMD Added Yesterday
- champ: @cmaxwel1 $AMD --- After the drop that the stock had ...I was thinking that this News this morning ....about their new product introduction, that came out, along with that upgrade that I posted about....that this could be a good spot to get back in ....this is going to be a hold for me....unless something forces me out.
- Robert1965: $AMD lost track of this got a small amount at $12.75, added 3 times that at 13.31 today ist 5 min , put stop at 13.07, please comment on trade,
- Henry: @Robert1965 $AMD My son was in it and sold it near 15. Monday he asked about buying near the close and I told him I'd like to see it go sideways for awhile. Yesterday I liked the way didn't come close to Monday's low and he bought some at 13.17. I'd still like to see it consolidate more so a move to $13 wouldn't be disheartening to me. I wouldn't put a stop that close but if your day trading, you should as Aragorn
- spmeyers: @Robert1965 $AMD I see it visiting the 50-day ma; this 3-day bounce is pretty weak
$MSFT is working with $QCOM $CAVM and $AMD on Project Olympus
Oil is plummeting $XLE $WLL $SLB $USO $OIH $MRO $CLR $EOG $MMP ...
- Henry: $AMD 420K shares traded in premarket on buzz about their chip released last week. Price was as low as 12.61 in premarket, now up only 1/4% Edit 13 min later vol = 570K I hadn't looked at StockTwits in quite a while. If you don't know who you are following you could get hurt there.
- BocaRick: @Henry $AMD at 8:53 up to $13.2 on volume of 1.1 million but last week loads of bad press on new chip, if this just DCB? Nasdaq.com/Premarkets
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD $INTC $NVDA @Henry $AMD - the volume this pre-market is really interesting. I posted last Friday about the new CPU (central processing unit) targeting $INTC Xeon CPU. I see a report from Reuters yesterday that Abu Dhabi's Mubadala sold part stake in $AMD for $613M (nearly 1/3 of holding). I've been trimming recently but still believe that their GPU (graphical process unit) business will continue to compete in the gaming market with $NVDA. $AMD used to provide the CPU that $CRAY used in all of their supercomputers. I don't yet have an opinion as to whether this new CPU is a winner.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD - I need to see a win for the new $AMD CPU. It is not likely that $CRAY would move a product line to a new chip right away.
- Wolf: $AMD started a position @ 13.1, stop @ 12.75.
- grcjr: $AMD appears to be setting a lower low. Not far from the lower BB.
- gig1: @grcjr $AMD Watching 50 day at $12.10.
- Bridget: Notes: Healthcare holding up: $LLY $UNH $AMGN $MRK $GPN - close to breaking out, alert at $81 $FAST - did breakout and now is continuing higher $AMD - nice pullback to the 50MA and now seeing a bounce. Volume is still high $DOW $DD - look poised for their next move higher $FNSR - moving higher after a flag, ER on 3/9 $TAL - IBD stock that is working, new 52 week high $ADXS -breakout and pullback but holding above previous resistance $ICE - watch $60 for a move high IPO: $POLA - new all time high but then saw a reversal, hold off for now $LW - new high today, coming out of a squeeze $YRD - moving higher on good volume, ER on 3/15 Bearish: $RRD $TDS $PI Earnings coming: $MEET - in a squeeze $MOMO - back up at the high
- tradeforfamily: $AMD Anyone has any thoughts on this? I sold half yesterday. thanks
- cmac: @tradeforfamily $AMD I've been watching. Big block trade by GS this morning, this info along with heavy volume selloff, makes me want to wait until the action settles down. $WDC acting much better in this general PC space.
- tradeforfamily: @cmac $AMD $WDC Thanks, how do you see the GS sales? My thesis was that people switching from $NVDA to $AMD in stocks and $AMD new chip, but got some bad review on performance.
- tradeforfamily: @tradeforfamily $AMD $WDC $NVDA CEO on CNBC
- Hank1: $AMD....It's in distribution until it can show some signs of life. I like to wait until it closes above the previous day's high before stepping slowly back in. I would not be long AMD if it breaks today's low. It's already trading below the 20-day moving average ( which is now resistance). Good luck.
- tradeforfamily: @Hank1 $AMD thanks and the CEO help I think. the stock is moving up from the low of the day.
- grcjr: @tradeforfamily $AMD did announce a new CPU chip targeting $INTC. I have not yet read the details on the new chip. First question: What is your time frame? I look at $AMD stock for a long term hold and Options when I see a really good signal for a sh ...
- tradeforfamily: @grcjr $AMD $INTC Thanks. today's low is my stop.
- issues: @tradeforfamily $AMD looks broken. $WDC (NP) $NVDA phase two?
- issues: @grcjr $AMD Excellent idea. The 50 day is $12.07. By definition of Dan's rule, if it's above the 50 day - its still good, right Dan?
- Bridget: @issues $AMD $WDC $NVDA phase two of what? This stock is breaking down after a double top. The weekly still shows the long term uptrend intact but it really needs to hold here.
- tradeforfamily: $AMD Good news with its chips but the stock is down over 5% today. what gives?
- Robert1965: @tradeforfamily $AMD It looks like profit taking I am looking at 13.10 as the bottom
- tigerjohn8: @tradeforfamily $AMD A hard one to trade, soooo volatile!
- tradeforfamily: @tigerjohn8 $AMD Yes, I sold some today, stop out. Now it is moving back up. Always after I sell. :( (still holding a position)
- issues: I forgot to sell some of our $COST before closing since I knew they'd report ah. So now I see it dropping like a rock in ah trading. Woe is me. I'm stuck with another one. $AMD $CLF are also dropping like dead flies. Oh well it's only money, right?
- issues: @woodman $CENX $AA I also wanted to buy more $AA but was swayed by Dan's not buying anything here. I need to listen to my own mind and just do it! Right! You are so right. There were others like $MU $TELL $HCLP $AMD I also wanted to buy but didn't.
- tradeforfamily: $AMD Anyone know what this is down today? Is it just profit taking? thanks
- crank: @tradeforfamily $AMD Traders are moving this stock around.... sell $15 calls if you are nervous...keep the premium if it sells off.
- Hank1: @tradeforfamily $AMD....Volatility makes some stocks more prickly than others. It's like dealing with coworkers. Some are easy to get along with and others....not so much. My exposure to a stock (especially when I'm building a position) is determined in part by it's personality. I place a limit on my exposure to those who are prickly...so my position sizes is usually much smaller...as in AMD. Good luck.
- tradeforfamily: $AMD is moving up this morning.
- Bridget: I'm getting back in $AMD today as this is rising.
- Robert1965: @Bridget $AMD I missed it Thanks for the post
- champ: @Bridget $AMD @ $14.90 up 5.7% ---- New 10 year high today ....they only trade 3x sales....could be time for this company....have to see if they can hold this high.....up 620% from March 2016 ...the low was in February 2016 @ $1.61. Really hard to take a position for me at this high. I usually trade on the lows....but I missed it.
- champ: @Bridget $AMD --- @ $15.15 HOD ---- I did get in with size earlier....this move could be because of the Launch of it's Ryzen 7 desktop processors.....as you know pre-orders began on 2/22.....must be doing really well but I don't see any #'s at this time. Looks like they could be taking market share away from $INTC also ....I'm guessing. I'm chasing this morning and so far it's working.
- Robert1965: $AMD this is still climbing, new high 15.30
- champ: @Bridget $AMD....I forgot to say.... that they will also be at the that 2017 Game Developers Conference tomorrow and they will be having a live event... many of the analyst will also be their....this is just another reason...why the stock could get a few more days...on this slow moving BreakOut but it's picking up Steam now and starting to move a little faster......Thanks, for bring this to my attention.
- Hank1: $AMD...volume this month (>1.3 B) has been more than at any other time in the history of the stock....added to my long today.
- Bridget: Notes: Defense stocks - $COL is up big and other defense stocks are doing very well knowing that we are going to be increasing our military spending Retail- Some stocks up today $NWL $KSS $AEO, many others finding support Biotech/ healthcare - Quite a few making gains today $RARE $ACOR $AMGN $HUM $UNH $BLUE $AIMT $BIO $IMGN Banking - $BEN and $BAC making strong moves Tech: $AMD is still working $EXTR hitting a new high Breakouts: $TWX (on news of merger with $T) $GOGO - on earnings beat $KBH $BLD AFSI and SSTK to the downside IPOs - $INVH $TELL $ICHR and $FBM hit new all time highs
grcjr: $NVDA $AMD $GOOGL $AMZN $MSFT $INTC #HPC - The market has spoken regarding $NVDA stock. I'm not currently in $NVDA and don't plan to be unless the chart changes. (the following started small and just grew .. sorry)
Having a career in high performa ...
- woodman: @grcjr $NVDA $AMD $GOOGL $AMZN $MSFT $INTC #HPC - Interesting, thanks.
- grcjr: @woodman $NVDA $AMD $GOOGL $AMZN $MSFT $INTC #HPC - you are welcome. Thanks for your posts.
- grcjr: @woodman $NVDA $AMD #SONY - btw, the Sony PS4 uses $AMD cpus and graphics.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMD #Nintendo - and recent Nintendo's use $NVDA.
|Stock Price||$USD 13.23|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 20th, 2017 - 2017 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 5.85 59.40%
- $USD 7.10 34.47%
- $USD 8.47 21.23%
- $USD 5.07 -21.74%
- $USD 50.03 -18.64%
- $USD 19.56 -17.84%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 48,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (48,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!