Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- CoyoteDuster: stopped out of $AMZN at 1531.93 for nice gain, but I miss it already. :( $SKX @ 30.51 small position.
18. $AMZN – Earnings Thursday
19. $WUBA – Top of range. Alert $85
20. $SKX – This will take a while. Don’t hold a loser. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don’t.
21. $ALGN – Very dangerous here. Might pop.. ...
$AMZN is up a couple of percent, to 1558.90; those were impressive Prime membership numbers. Light, sweet crude continues to push higher (up 0.80 to 69.27, a gain of 1.17 percent). The major currency pairs and gold futures look quiet, while long bon ...
- debeers: @Forexpro $AMZN -I didn't see you at Gartman's wake................all the best.
- BobbyG: $AMZN Not sure if anyone mentioned it - having a pretty good day. Getting torched on most of my positions, but this one netted the negatives. Going to continue to hold.
- champ: @BobbyG $AMZN ---- Yes, had a great 3-day move.
- woodman: $AMZN - surprised no one has mentioned this today.
- bsafriet: @woodman $AMZN You must not of heard my sigh of relief as my position approaches B/E.
- woodman: @bsafriet $AMZN - I thought that was my gassy dog sitting beside me. I apologize.
- Workinman: @woodman $AMZN Thanks for the chuckle.
- bsafriet: @woodman $AMZN you can really be a stinker!
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, From the WSJ. Full disclosure: I'm one of them: "More than 100 million people globally are now paying for AmazÍon Prime, a sign of how Amazon.com Inc. has used the service to evolve from an online marketplace that struggled with profitability into an internet-commerce powerhouse. "Amazon revealed the figure Wednesday in Chief Executive Jeff Bezos’s closely followed annual letter to shareholders." All the best!
- sierramp: @Forexpro $AMZN Wow, I had no idea. Don't know why it's so hard for me to just hold $AMZN through the pullbacks.
- Geewhiz: @sierramp $AMZN Because dollar value of pullbacks is harsh to take.
- champ: $AMZN is one of the best #day-trading stocks...ever, profits are huge.
- ROSEY: @Anyone. $AMZN,$BBY,$ROKU,Toshiba etc.(Reuters brief). Interesting how $BBY was affected and possibly $ROKU future, and i wonder if we will see more happen with the BBY business and/or properties. Anyone know more about this??? Just wondering, no news. THX.
- Kristine: @Forexpro $AMZN - Nice move in after hour trading on 250k shares with the news of their prime membership numbers. Hoping for a good follow-through tomorrow and into earnings.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Just finished filling the gap from 3/27
- sierramp: $XPO added to my position this morning. Don't know if the news about $AMZN and $TSLA looking into last mile delivery options is true but the stock is still in a LT uptrend.
Forexpro: @ROSEY $AMZN
My reference was actually historical; years ago, Bill Miller built up huge positions in the Legg Mason funds that he managed. $AMZN was one of his favorites, and as the stock price, and that of other holdings expanded, he a ...
- ROSEY: @Forexpro@Dan $AMZN I do enjoy your very interesting posts. Reason I am so interested in this stock is that my kids have a teensy position as do I. Shoulda set STOP ala Dan's caution. Have you been watching the Regional Banks? Any favs? And are we going to be in trouble with sub-prime auto loans? Who is most exposed? Nosey Rosey. Re donations to schools....I wonder if the brightest people are having the fewest children to send to these schools. My friend thinks there are plenty of smart kids at the College near him. Hope so. ; )
Forexpro: @ROSEY $AMZN
I'm not crazy about any of the banks at present, given the shape of the curve, and many of the charts look similar; bottoming out on Apr 2, staggering higher, getting clobbered on Friday. One that might be worth keeping ...
For those with an interest in investment theory, I think that it's worth a look. I grew up with MPT, etc. but as an SMMer I agree that what we should be looking for is great businesses that we want to own. Unfortunately, what both MPT and charts ind ...
- ROSEY: @Forexpro @Dan $AMZN Thanks for posting this. Could U elaborate on "...the characteristics, (e.g. AMZN)". ? Out of favor esp. re post office" and taxation? I expect it to be up Monday, and realize the P/E is unreal, but will AWS provide gain? Just thinking out loud, not knowing enough and have not read Barrons yet. When Dan said "scary" about the chart, I am not sure if that will pertain to long term also?
drmike54: @Forexpro $AMZN Thanks for the thought provoking article.
It makes many good points, but MPT works within a stock market, a national economy and an international economy..
The top stocks on the IBD Relative leaderboard don't rocket to the moon ...
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, From SeekingAlpha. I'm not involved, but always interested in the House That Bezos Built: "Credit Suisse crunches the numbers on what it would cost Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) if the U.S. Postal Service raises its rates by 15% to 20%. The firm says its 'sensitivity table suggests incremental shipping expenses for 2018 in the range of ~$1b to $1.8b based on the aforementioned range of price hike possibilities under the assumption of the USPS accounting for 40-50% of costs.' But the firm doesn’t think the change would impact Amazon much since the company has continued to decrease its USPS dependency with Prime Now and the Flex Driver program. Firm reiterates Amazon at Outperform with a $1,750 price target, a 21% upside to yesterday’s close." All the best!
5. $AMZN – scary pattern.
6. $TSLA – Whew! Company will be cash flow positive and profitable in Q3 and 4. Silly me for doubting Enron Musk.
7. $ANET – OFF the GSL.
8. $PAGS – This is a “discretionary” trade. St ...
- sierramp: $XPO still in upward trend, RS and fundies good. Someone on the forum a few days ago mentioned it would be a good acquisition for $AMZN for play on last mile delivery. I have a starter position.
- kt4000: $FTNT adding more here, $STMP also - staying put on my LT Positions $AMZN, $AXTI, $EMR, $GS, $JPM, $MMM, $SQ.
- steve71: $AMZN Ugly reversal. Mean tweet?
2. $AMZN – take a look at the price action here. Not bullish, that’s for sure.
3. $NKTR – biotech strong…but this is dangerous here. Very extended with little base. Alert $113.
4. $TRHC – setting up for an entry. W ...
- champ: @bigbartabs $AMZN #SalesTax --- Local governments always give-up tax concessions, one of just many incentives to persuade a new business to move in to their City, that is nothing new. But to have a better understanding of the #SalesTax issue just click to read my info post. As you know, their are many other reasons/issues also, sales tax is just only one of those reasons.
- champ: @phgruver $AMZN #SalesTax ---- All business chains thru-out the U.S., have to make the same sales tax reports and thats the point...$AMZN should have to do... the same.
- phgruver: @champ $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue ...but then it becomes unfair to $AMZN. A retail store only has to collect sales tax for one state/county/municipality. $AMZN would have to collect sales tax for every taxing authority in the whole country. That's hundreds of additional tax reports to make, and would become a significant additional business expense. There's no way the govt. can "level the playing field." It just can't be done. Life is not "fair." Never was, never will be.
- rck89: @champ $SPX #Tariff Impossible tariff position(s) by potus! Hopefully, this trade matter is resolved during the 30 day review - i.e., cooling off - period. We can only hope....ditto for $AMZN, which now has every incentive to "blow out" upcoming eps.
- rck89: @phgruver $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue I can assure you, if $AMZN has to collect taxes for its smaller vendors, they will charge them thru the nose for this service. Clearly, smaller retailers don't have the apparatus (or capital) to set up programs to calculate and submit sales taxes. A new sales tax collection "service" from $AMZN will probably make a lot of money!
- bwcarnation1: @rck89 $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue .I could be wrong but I thought CNBC was saying just a few days ago that $AMZN already was collecting sales tax from third party vendors and were charging the vendors for the service. Can't remember who on CNBC said it...some guest. But I have noticed sale tax charges on things I buy from third parties...no way to know who's collecting that tax but someone is.
- rck89: @bwcarnation1 $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue I certainly could also be wrong, but I thought that the lack of sales tax collection from a large part of $AMZN's customer base was one of potus' main complaints. All I know is if $AMZN has to collect new sales taxes for a new base of customers, those new customers will pay dearly. Guess we will see.
- Henry: @rck89 $AMZN #SalesTax shhhh cities in Maryland haven't discovered they could have their own sales tax.
- TunaHelper: @rck89 $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue $AMZN already collects these taxes. It's not new news. It's a canard, or at best a distraction from the real issue with $AMZN's anticompetitive tactics which destroy the margins of any market it enters, laying to waste any other competitor. It's a real issue. It is a problem. If there is an issue between $AMZN and the government, I'd pick the government to win every time. Maybe not short term, but I see the long game getting dicey for them. That being said, I think Bezos not saying a peep now is the right move.
- rck89: @TunaHelper $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for comments and civil discussion.
- bigbartabs: @TunaHelper $AMZN #SalesTax #customer #retail-store #local-city-and-county #sales-tax-evenue ... I could be wrong, but I think that Trump's beef with Amazon is more the local governments giving up other tax concessions to get them to move there... not sales tax. Maybe you know more about that...
- CoyoteDuster: I have halved my starting positions sizes again. $OLLI @ 58.56, ATHM @ 86.86. stops at about 2% on both. I took positions in a couple that I may consider longer holds during pullbacks in the last couple days: $AMZN @1378, $BA @ 311 Ironically, the only stock I have made money on in the last month is $TSLA, up 10% in two days, and sold out at the close Wed. Not likely to trade it again, but a super-low buy stop triggered at the open earlier this week. A remnant of my former trading style.
- ROSEY: Is it true that $AMZN is dropping $PYPL?
- bsnceo: @ROSEY $AMZN $PYPL not exactly. I believe they are looking at using Alexa to cause pymts to be made
- Forexpro: @ROSEY $AMZN $PYPL Hi, Rosey, PayPal isn't a payment option at Amazon's sites. This is potentially more dangerous for $PYPL; $AMZN is reportedly thinking about becoming a competitor. According to the WSJ, "Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) is potentially interested in using its Alexa voice assistant to facilitate peer-to-peer payments. The Wall Street Journal story said that Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos told employees last year to make financial services a top priority, citing someone familiar with the matter." I don't know that the interest of Bezos & Co. should come as a surprise, but I suppose this story will concentrate minds. Here's hoping that you're doing well; all the best! P.S. Sorry, what Bsnceo said. :)
- champ: @Vehid ----Could be....$BA $AMZN $AAPL GOOGL $IBM and others are all LOD...dropping the markets
- ROSEY: @bsnceo@Forexpro $AMZN $PYPL Thanks for clarification guys. I read a little bit about AMZN not responding to the FDA (registering buildings with food storage..health concerns....listeria and......?staph?....FDA not having enough manpower....now a decade old problem. Now AMZN entering pharma is a concern. Hope it all gets resolved, and soon.
- kt4000: Bought $ABB Yesterday sold today bonus Dividend, $PYPL last few days sold today, in $JPM, $GS, $AMZN bought on dip keeping, $SQ still buying under 48.50, $FTNT under 55 hold until and maybe thru earnings also have $EMR, $STMP, $AXTI will hold thru higher level on S&P 2700+. No complaints here
- champ: @infocus --- If he talks about $AMZN, I'm going to cut the sound off.
- traderbren: $AMZN - Amazon.com Inc. ($AMZN) is profitable for the U.S. Postal Service, former Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe "unequivocally stated" to UBS analysts, according to a Thursday note, contradicting tweets from President Donald Trump.
- Forexpro: @traderbren $AMZN Thanks, Traderbren, As I understand it, the Postal Service is prohibited by law from charging less than its cost of service for delivering packages. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AMZN .. maybe $AMZN should buy the USPS. :-))
- Forexpro: @grcjr $AMZN LOL, Grcjr, Jeff could afford it ... Hope you're doing well; all the best!
TunaHelper: @traderbren $AMZN
I think the contention over whether the USPS is losing money or not is somewhat irrelevant and more of a sideshow. The real contention is that $AMZN has too much market power, and can obliterate competition based off its ability ...
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AMZN - (on a roll) they could add some AI to the USPS and sign us up for catalogs we never knew existed.
- Remington: @traderbren $AMZN that doesn't mean its a good deal for USPS....... just because they are not losing $s we need more facts and comps than some guy saying this or tweeting that
- traderbren: @TunaHelper $AMZN - agreed, all good points. Just witness what happened to $WMT, $COST, etc when $AMZN acquired $WFM. And the same holds true when there were rumors about entering the pharmacy space, which you mentioned.
- traderbren: @Remington $AMZN $s - yep, agreed. That said, there's no winding back the clock regarding the erosion of brick & mortar (retail), as I (along with many other Prime members) would rather buy stuff online.
- champ: @Remington@traderbren $AMZN ---- I agree with what you said....However, what they are not saying is....every package that is shipped thru the post office.... loses $1.47 each....not only $AMZN's but every package, I believe that they will be raising ...
3. $AMZN – don’t pay attention to twitter.
4. $TRHC – High volume rebound off support. Stop would be below $35.
5. $GDI – should be off list. Technically...it broke a while ago. Look at direction of 50-day M ...
- Forexpro: @grcjr $AMZN Hey, Grcjr, So, that would make them the $WFC of retail? Have a great evening!
- champ: $AMZN is also dropping... because on Air Force One, the President just said...they are not playing on a level playing field and will study options on what changes can be made, to Level the playing field...on that News the stock drop $32... on volume of 211,000 shares, traded in the AH's....not good...but I have NP...because this is really a battleground stock...and for now, this stock is only good for day trading.
- ROSEY: @riskmanager $TNA $SSO $DJI $AMZN #Trump-Bump Did you have an answer to your question? Thanks.
- Kristine: @champ $AMZN $HD Wouldn't the third-party vendors on Amazon be similar the vendors on eBay? I don't buy much off eBay any more but I recall that if the vendor was located in my state the invoice would automatically add tax at the time of check-out, otherwise the vendor didn't add tax to my invoice. I would think the issue of third-party vendors not paying tax would have a bigger impact from sites like eBay.
- DrScience: $AMZN Another tweet. Another drop.
- Junior1: @DrScience $AMZN And it's inaccurate. I hate how tweets can control traders... c'mon, wake up people, learn.
- DrScience: @Junior1 $AMZN (Shrug) What can ya' do. :-(
- JJS: @DrScience $AMZN Well, someone needs to point out that it is Bezo's ownership of the Washington Post, that is fueling the Potus tweets and see the tweets for what they really are. JJS
- bnnybklyn: Day trades $SQQQ this morning for $.45 gain with over-sized position and out. Now in $TQQQ and $AMZN 1379.68 large position stop 1354 - raising stops. Sort of a double dip. Don't plan on keeping any money on the table overnight let alone rest of the day. Learned last week how fast things fluctuate.
- bnnybklyn: @bnnybklyn $SQQQ $TQQQ $AMZN stopped out on AMZN and TQQQ perhaps too tight but no big risk taking on these.
- champ: $AMZN ...turning ....
- riskmanager: @Kristine $AMZN I was just wondering the same. Someone put the juice into it
- Kristine: @riskmanager $AMZN looks like the entire market spiked
- riskmanager: @Kristine $AMZN This has to be institutional. Happening across FANG's
- champ: @Kristine $AMZN ---News ...I will post....WH said they do not have any plans on taking any action against ...$AMZN.
- stairm01: @Kristine $AMZN Multiple stocks on the one minute ticker jumped. I say, LET'S DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!
- Kristine: @champ $AMZN thanks for the update
- champ: @stairm01 $AMZN --- That news moved the markets ...we will see how long before that news is posted on the networks....CNBC and others...
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN Are you buying here. Don't know if I want to step in front of this train yet.
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- I'm was in but now out...2/3th.
- success: @Kristine $AMZN maybe a tweet somewhere :0)
- champ: @success $AMZN ---- Now posted everywhere.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN It would seem that if we break through the HOD, 1405 or so, that more buyers might come in.
Forexpro: Re: $AMZN
Well, Bloomberg, which may or not have good sources, says, as Champ notes, that the White House isn't discussing action against $AMZN, although there's only one vote that counts, and he doesn't necessarily "discuss" ...
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- They are coming in now....investors were confused...caught off guard... I added back.....ETF's are #all bouncing....news always move the markets, all stocks are bouncing..
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- Need to be careful....traders are taking profits....
- champ: $TNA $SSO ---- $DJI @ 24,033 ...looks like the markets bounced around 300 points in the last hour... on positive $AMZN news. The markets closed near HOD...this is a nice set-up for the open....if we don't have any negative news tonight or in the morning. Lets hope the President, will now focus on how to move the market up higher, with something positive...so we can have a #Trump-Bump and not anything negative.
- champ: @JonSeale $TNA $SSO $DJI $AMZN #Trump-Bump --- We will all be very happy when all of this crap is over with but after all of this time and all the many other investigations, along with the news media and everyone else looking...I don't believe there ...
- riskmanager: @JonSeale $TNA $SSO $DJI $AMZN #Trump-Bump Do you know people that are in the know or just speculating?
- champ: @Kristine $AMZN ---- #SalesTax.... This is how I believe it works..... If a vendor is in your state, $AMZN pays sales tax on the product that you receive. If a vendor is not in your state and $AMZN sales you their product...you do not get charged Sal ...
- woodman: @grcjr $AMZN CBS fact-checking the President's claims. Fwiw. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-contract-usps-fact-checking-trump-tweets-amazon-post-office-03-31-2018/
- Forexpro: Re: $M Hi, Friends, What's bad for $AMZN is potentially good for $M, it seems, and this one has been weathering the storm. Still offers a 5 percent dividend, as long as there's sufficient cash flow to pay it. Earnings aren't due until May 10. Hope your day is going well; almost any sale in the E-minis has ended up working, without much intervening pain. All the best!
- sierramp: With all the tweeting going on about $AMZN I wonder if logistics company $XPO will start showing up on $AMZN's wish list.
- bwcarnation1: @sierramp $AMZN $XPO I was thinking the same thing...
|Stock Price||$USD 1,813.70|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 12.19 25.25%
- $USD 5.35 24.20%
- $USD 34.25 23.56%
- $USD 5.53 -20.38%
- $USD 21.85 -18.92%
- $USD 23.33 -14.16%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!