Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $AMZN ....Back-in with a Spec day trade because of news, not going to give it any room at all...stop was at entry, $1304.62 .
- Iceman: $KR #CoveredCalls #Rollup – Bought to close KR Jan 19 2018 29.0 Calls/Sold KR Feb 23 2018 30.0 Calls @ 0.06 Credit. It seems like the $AMZN/WholeFoods experiment is not working as well as expected. I have a nice gain on my long stock positions so milking some more gains out of the trade. This expiration is before the next earnings report but after the next dividend ex-date.
- Cat: $AMZN Your thoughts on Amzn ...
- ab3250: @Cat $AMZN - Dan has a short on AMZN expecting a pullback to $1250ish.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,297 ---- Turned about 30 minutes ago...up $12 off the low....trying to move up, don't know if it can.
- champ: $DJI @ 26,000 ---- Looks like the market...is testing again... but the Budget War, is still on going....know real way.. to know, how its going to play-out....but if the markets turn, it should not be as bad, as yesterdays.. False drop because most sold the works and many small cap names, were hit really hard and are now...over-sold. Large -cap lead the drop...$AMZN $GOOGL and a few others, really spooked the markets. Most of yesterdays gains were made in the PM....and most of the times those, are Spec traders...lets hope most were flush out.
Check out $AMZN. Very nice move today, up to $1340. But it's now testing $1320, and trading volume is already above average daily volume. So if you're long this stock, you might want to consider tightening your stop, or taking partial profits.
- champ: $DJI 25,940 ----- Not much going on and most all stocks and ETF's are just zig-zagging with the markets and are only following the markets. $AMZN, $GOOGL and even the banks, its not hard to see. When the Market moves up, stocks move up.. but some sto ...
- traderbren: $AMZN - pulling back to close the gap.
- drmike54: @DAN $SPY $QQQ $AMZN Thanks, Dan!!! Agree that this market appeared far to treacherous after 2 weeks of nothing but higher moves..... Sold my AMZN 1290 calls at 9:45 AM and went long AMZN 1360 puts @ 9:53. I am a very happy camper........
- champ: $AMZN up another $15 @ $1291
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,304----OUT....Taking profits.
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, Boston apparently remains in the running for Amazon's second HQ; the Globe reports that the company is looking to assemble a million square feet of office space in the city. Apparently, the negotiations concern the buying of an entire building, possibly two, in the Seaport District. I hope the future cubicle dwellers know that they will never be able to find a place to park. That was a key reason to fight for promotions at State Street; people at the Senior Managing Director level were rewarded with assigned parking spaces. Here's hoping that your day is going well; all the best!
- debeers: @Forexpro $AMZN -Riddle me this, Forex--really, in my beloved Taxachusetts? The Q for me is will they get some exemptions from the property taxes etcetera etcetera to make up for being in a really high tax state. You'd think I'd have known better: Boston born and now live in Cali--sheesh!
- Forexpro: @debeers $AMZN LOL, Debeers, I'm willing to bet that ol' Jeff won't be putting down stakes unless there are plenty of steaks in it for him. Hope you're well, and thriving, as '18 gets under way. Cheers!
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- Don't know at this point, I haven't done the weather research...yet.. and I missed entry on Friday and then again yesterday...too busy...because I'm still fully invested in the markets.....and I'm focus on $AMZN, going into Day 6....with oversize day trades...around my core position daily...I'm still on this daily trading plan and doing extremely well...no real time.
- grcjr: $AMZN set to open at a new 52+week high.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,244...Day 5 ....and was $8 higher.
- champ: $JCP @ $3.75 HOD and is still slowly moving-up but with Zig-Zags. I'm guessing along with many other, that this is going to be a double. Barron's had a article about M&A on 1/7...yesterday....maybe by $AMZN..? Still holding, with a large position.
- champ: @ROSEY $DJI $AMZN ---- The $DJI @ 25,295 ---- You ask, if I believe that the Business Tax Reform Bill, is fully estimate in stocks now... meaning priced into the markets, is what I believe you are asking...my answer would be...not even close, at bei ...
- grcjr: $AMZN move up in the pre-market
- champ: $AMZN $1,1216 ---- Day 4 now...up about $50. Lets see 100 x time's =
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,222 ---- This is a nice slow move but a strong move and a clean-break thru the ATH, this stock is going higher.
- ROSEY: @champ $AMZN Have U seen anything that predicts what the ultimate price will be in 2018? I imagine AWS will be significant....or not ???
- champ: $DJI @ 25,242 ---- Stocks are in shock because the Markets are so strong and some like $AMZN, don't really know what to do now. Many investors and Traders, never seen a strong market like this before.
- ROSEY: @champ $DJI $AMZN I agree. Do U think the tax relief effect has been fully estimated on stocks now? The future (various subjects U formerly mentioned) probably unknowable so......
- puttz: $AMZN Trying to close at all time high. Dose one add to this position?
5. $JD – Very short, 2-week base. Sher mentioned this in forum. Very choppy. Not something I would buy here.
$FFTY – monitor this along with S&P, etc. It’s the growth $ETF.
1. $SMH – consol ...
"The nice thing about the end of the year is that you don’t have to use any square roots to figure out how many standard devs a stock or index has moved in 2017. Because volatility is an annual number, I just look at the IV at the end of ...
5. $AMZN – triangle forming. Alert $1200
6. $ASND – slow walk north.
7. $PIRS – common squeeze pattern. More buying interest.
8. $NBIX – pushing out of base.
9. $WYN – uptrending volatility squeeze breakout.
- champ: $AMZN ...still holding and waiting but it might not happen.
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $XPO - ... to keep $AMZN from buying them, one "reprort" says.
- champ: @Junior1 $XPO ---- Flash highs...most of the time but not always, fall back. I will re-enter...at some point. I had size and entered on 8/30 at $60 and posted. The news was...$HD has #Considered...and has or had interest....because they had... fears... that $AMZN might acquire the company....this is what, was posted on briefing.com....this is all SPEC, at this point but could be true,. They have a very large market cap.. of $9.4b, thats large for a trucking company, I'm guessing.
- grcjr: $AMZN Challenging chart (for me anyway). Might be bouncing off the 20dma. When I squint at the daily chart I can see a sketchy ascending triangle. Or is it a lower high? Who doesn't think they will make huge revenue this holiday season? New posts re Italian union refusing to work overtime and $WMT testing of cashier-less checkout. I'm sitting on my hands.
- champ: $AMZN ....I posted last week I was looking for this stock...to make a move, maybe now this it.... going into January.
- JJT1: $AAPL $AMZN These two charts look alike and don't know if $AAPL is pulling $AMZN or $AMZN is pushing $AAPL higher. At any case I put on swing trades of buying calls on prelunch dip and decide to sell or hold for next morning AM pop b4 today's close...BTO $AAPL week 175 call and $AMZN week 1180 call.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,174 --- I have been trading this stock for months now and have been posting. it looks like its on the verge of a #Breakout....could be a great opportunity to trade momentum....for traders....be #Aware. Retail sales numbers were reported this morning and they were reported at 0.8% and the consensus was 0.3%, thats a big beat.
- grcjr: @champ $AMZN #Breakout #Aware - Nice move so far today.
- champ: $AMZN ....swinging....
- traderbren: #Pitchforks -- turned up the volume on Half to hear all the chatter about $AMZN. Sounds like Potus may have his sights on $AMZN being too monopolistic in nature. On the flipside, I think we are experiencing the Amazon effect (disinflation) given the lower prices consumers are enjoying. It will be interesting to see how this plays out!
- Hank1: $AMZN $GOOGL $NVDA $BABA $FB $TECL ... a strong close and we might have the resumption of their long term uptrend. I like that they're all trading above yesterday's high, but I'd like to see them close strong as well.
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are set to open lower this morning, with several of the tech stocks trading lower in pre-market trading. For example, Nvidia (NVDA) is down about two bucks from yesterday's close. This is important. The FANG, "et al ...
- grcjr: $AMAT $NVDA $AMZN $AMT $AAPL $SOXL - Many of the tech's are up a small amount. I'm continuing to trim a bit from the few I have left. I thinking there might not improve until earnings kick back in ... if there are earnings.
- woodman: @Mpower27 $AET $CVS - The government threw a wet blanket on a horizontal merger - $AET and $HUM - last time. This is a vertical acquisition. Does it matter? I don't know. But I'd say this could spark a lot of activity in this arena. Not only $AMZN, but think of $WMT $CI $HUM $ANTM $WBA, all of which are players who I potentially could be interested in doing something similar.
- Hank1: $AMZN $FB $TECL $V $NVDA $SQ $GOOGL .... Not today, but opportunities in the making i think. Come to papa.
- audrina0904: @Eberling5 - I could get completely hammered by this thesis, however, I am using the tech pullbacks as a great buying opps on great long term names. I am picking up some $ICHR down in these levels, I think $WB, $BABA. I'm all for people making money, but retail is dead and this rotation won't last forever...I went to the mall with my family this weekend and it was pretty dead in there. I came home and ordered some shoes online and other gifts from $AMZN. JMHO
- DAN: #ROTATION -- $FFTY $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $NVDA Gang, you can see a rotation that's continuing -- out of tech, and into industrials/financials/retail. It is a pretty significant one. If you look at the FFTY, the IBD 50 ETF, you'll see a definitive break of support. On the other hand, the $XLF and $XLI are at new highs, and the $XRT is very close to the high of the year.
- jeffslm: @DAN $FFTY $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $NVDA $XLF $XLI $XRT #ROTATION - Hi Dan - Can you provide a bit more commentary on this rotation. Do you think it has more to go and if so where should we be looking for support? Is too late sell or just hold on? Do you think it's too late to take part in the rotation? etc...Thank you
- Cwaniak: @DAN $FFTY $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $NVDA $XLF $XLI $XRT #ROTATION Hi Dan, I hope you have an answer for us. How long (usually) group rotation last and how deep it could be?
7. $AMZN – Would not short this...but it’s probably going lower to test 1,100.
8. $NFLX – holding at $180...but the pain is between $190-$200.
9. $NVDA – broken. Short this? Maybe...but what’s changed? Stand aside is ...
$AMZN - saw its price target raised to $1,350 from $1,275 at MKM Partners. Amazon is still MKM’s favorite long-term growth story in large cap and mega-cap stocks, noting that the e-commerce business can grow to mid-single-digit operating margi ...
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,171....Back-in yesterday near the low...@ $1,152. I'm still trading this position...just about daily and its working. I posted how I'm working this trade...
- champ: $AMZN $1,170 ----- NP but watching now for entry, at some point....rotation is going on. Taking profits and buying new retail names....be #Aware. Sold yesterday and I'm on the side and only watching....might even short....but it could be too late @ $1,170..
- champ: $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN Investors are selling winners...taking profits and buying laggers...rotation and #CopyCat sellers. However, $AMZN has now bounce around $20 off the low. but zig-zagging.
- Slomo: $AMZN Is this going lower?
- spmeyers: @Slomo $AMZN watch to see if 20-day m.a. holds (I bet it will)
Time to buy
Time to hold (and not buy);
Time to sell.
$ALGN – careful here. I would be out (if I was in).
- champ: $AMZN back-in near the low...$1192....sold this morning near the high...$1213....trading this stock again today....trying to move back-up now.
$SPX – Overall market is stalling. Where is there more upside catalyst? Lots of buzz from AMZN and record online sales, but retailers aren’t really moving. Careful here. Froth is getting thick.
$T2100 – advance/decline line smo ...
$AMZN – I’m selling at $2000.
$NFLX – squeezing. Could buy at low end of range b/c it’s a defined risk. But still in a tight trading range. The February range lasted 3 months.. Alert $200
$GOOGL – cup with high handle? ...
- champ: $AMZN up another $16 ..back-in...I sold ahead of news on Wednesday...but still really strong...off of that news that I was waiting for....don't really know where the high is. Adobe Analytics indicates #OnLine sales for Thanksgivings day was $1.5 billion as of 5:00 pm ET yesterday and thats up 16.8% from last year. Don't really need to have any other retail positions...for now.
- judysteiner: $AMzn was adding to it ,as i was taught on a 59 min trade..used trailing stops..out 3/4 with nice profit..$SQ sold my longer term position this am, profitable
- stairm01: @champ $AMZN #OnLine I bought the Dec 15 - 1155 Call on Tuesday at the breakout and glad I did. I just don't know how far to ride this. It could be up to 1200 before it consolidates or pulls back. This would be another 100 points from the 1000 breakout to the 1100 consolidation area. Kind of like the half staff flag pole theory.
- champ: @stairm01 $AMZN #OnLine ---- Yes, same here, no real clue on where its going but $1,200 should be soon and then..thats the question, maybe $1300 before a turn but its only a guessing game, on trying to pick the high.However, I'm trading.. daily around a core and I did the same last year...but I'm losing a little this way...however, for me its a little less risk....and it keeps me in the game, I'm not going to pull off. Any negative news on the Tax Reform Bill, will move me off my game plan, on all stocks.
- stairm01: @champ $AMZN #OnLine Sold my $AMZN Dec 1155 Calls for a 68% gain in a day. I'll watch for a re-entry next week. You know what happens to pigs. Volume was rolling off for the day and the stock had leveled off. I like playing AMZN like this after it has consolidated or pulled back and starts moving again on the daily chart. Hey, Merry Christmas to me and it more than covers SMM for a year.
- champ: @stairm01 $AMZN @ $1,186 up 2.5% ---- I'm on around day 70, on my $AMZN #TradingPlan ---- Yes, just a great day, I also sold 75%, of my full position on the close. Very strong run, on the close, with volume. Just a great set-up, for the open on Monda ...
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,150...just keeps slowly moving higher...a nice slow Breakout...
- champ: $CRZO going to swing full position....$AMZN....OUT....for now.
- champ: $AMZN ....back - in this day trade on the open....
- Henry: $AMZN Nomura upped it's pt to $1,360
- champ: $ULTA @ $209 now down $6. I was swinging a small position and I was stop out on the open but I'm watching for the turn and it doesn't look like it going to happen today....but you never know. The same deal on $CMG....on the turn I'm in and on the drop I'm out...these are only trading stocks for me and I'm still out of $AMZN, for now.
- champ: $ULTA ---- My #TradingPlan on stocks like this and others --- The only thing on this stock, that I expect is, on this #earnings run, the stock will for sure zig-zag higher, it will not be straight up but if it is, that would be a nice #surprise and ...
- champ: $AMZN ....Just watching this trade today...NP...off day but I will be back-in at some point.
- phgruver: @ab3250 $RHT I bought them at 5.40, and sold at 27, and thought I was doing well. Of course, I also owned $AMZN, for awhile at 150. I wish I had had @Dan back then to advise me to "give it room to run."
- champ: $AMZN ----Out 1/2 on the turn and I might swing the other 1/2 again today on the close...?
- DAN: @phgruver $RHT $AMZN -- those were great trades, phgruver. We never know which stocks are just going to keep running. But 5.40 to 27? That's a 4 bagger.
- Cwaniak: @champ $AMZN Hello Champ. How do you trade daily AMZN swings? Buying/selling stock or using options?
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - "I sold half on the high, after it ticked down about $2 ...." ???
- champ: @woodman $AMZN --- Yes, that must be a Fake post... because its real bad grammar. I sold 1/2 at @ $1,136.04....down about $2 from the high.
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - Guccifer 2.0 has infiltrated SMM.
- champ: @Cwaniak $AMZN ---- I sold 1/2... #near the high, after it tick down about $2 because I know, that their are other traders in the stock and I don't know where the low is today and if it holds I will swing the other 1/2 into the open in the morning and if it doesn't I will sell the other 1/2 before the close. Then I will re-enter tomorrow, when the time is right, if not the following day....I posted that I'm day trading this position and I will only swing 1/2 or 1/4th, on the close but only if the stock is acting, like it want to move higher.
- champ: $AMZN ---- Only watching ......for entry but probably will not be today....but you never no.
- Henry: $BTC news that hackers are implanting bitcoin mining software on computers. $MSFT $AMZN and $GOOGL said to be affected
- Henry: $BTC news that hackers are implanting bitcoin mining software on computers. $MSFT $AMZN and $GOOGL said to be affected
- steve71: $AMZN Adding now
- champ: $AMZN $CMG great bounce this morning on both.
- Henry: @champ $AMZN Said it will not use state licenses to sell prescription drugs. The Street presumes that to mean they will not be going into the mail order drug biz. Down on the report
- champ: @Henry $AMZN ---- Did you see my daily trading plan, that I posted on this stock because I'm #Not the only one day trading this stock. Day traders are at work in this stock. The news on drugs was down the road anyway, I don't think that really had m ...
2. $AMZN – faltering here. Long term uptrend is still intact. Zell says that $AMZN needs to be 25% of the US economy in 5 years in order for the value to be justified. No it doesn’t. That’s only if you want to buy the company, ...
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN ---- The trading plan... is still working very well....back in near the low this morning, on the turn
- champ: $AMZN and $ALGN but I didn't miss these...
- RedLeaf1: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN Thanks for the replies, folks.
- haroldzero: @Dan $AMZN, Good morning Dan, do you think AMZN is at phase 3 now? If so, what will be your opinion on the target price? If not, what price will you set an alert? Will this stock have a Christmas run? Thanks. Harold
- champ: RedLeaf1 --- $AMZN @ $1123..for now but will move around....up around $12 ....the stock will move with the markets, as long as they are green and when it turns red, even by a little, is when I will take down my #Daily Spec day trade. A real simple trade...I'm in on green, until the close and if the markets start to move down and it looks like it could turn red, even by a little a little...I'm out. $DJI... "Green I'm in and Red I'm out", that my rule of thumb, keep it as simple, as possible....with minor exceptions.
- Mpower27: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN I have noticed when on the mobile that forum posts get to a point on the scroll down that they will disappear until enough new posts are made. It seems to be when I scroll down and get the button to click to load up more forum posts.
- Vehid: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN it is still there: $AMZN What a pop, over $1100. 01:09 PM 11/03
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN What a pop, over $1100.
- grcjr: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - some news Frontier Communications said it is integrating its FiOS Quantum TV with Echo devices. Reuters: Amazon plans to open new office in Vancouver .... CANADA
- RedLeaf1: @champ $AMZN Thanks for the plan! The two jags down this morning discouraged me from going long with calls and I missed the whole run-up. I will try your plan for sure.
- grcjr: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - they say they will hire 1000 people for the new office. Believe this is not THE new office.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,527.49|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 6.25 44.38%
- $USD 29.37 33.88%
- $USD 13.55 31.28%
- $USD 17.14 -21.87%
- $USD 36.65 -21.12%
- $USD 26.35 -17.21%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!