Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $AMZN slides to a fresh 2 month low.....
- DAN: $AAPL $AMZN $FB $XLF etc...note that a lot of stocks are hitting their prior highs and failing to break through. This is to be expected. Careful about getting sucked in at the top because you think everything is OK. Kim Jong Fat isn't going to bomb Guam, but that's not enough to push equities to new highs. There is still plenty of supply. By the sparse presence in the forum, it's apparent that folks aren't really trading this...and that's not a bad thing. --Dan
- ROSEY: @DAN $AAPL $AMZN $FB $XLF Thanks : )
- champ: $AMZN HOD ...nice move ....I'm still holding.....
- ROSEY: @Dan $AMZN Tiny bit and question.....News that $AMZN AWS was chosen by FICO and HULU. Will this have minuscule impact on price of the stock or be huge?
- issues: @champ $AMZN how many shares?
- champ: @issues $AMZN --- I have a full positions....I added 1/2 back this morning....I'm back trading this stock...this is not really a hold for me....if it turns I'm out....and that goes for most all of my positions....in and out...so for now.... I'm in positions but only as long as the markets are working.
- DAN: @ROSEY $AMZN I don't think it has that much impact. Many different sources of income...but it's certainly good news. But right now, AMZN is--in my opinion--under distribution. This isn't going to change that. 8-)
- champ: @DAN $AMZN ---- @Dan... what would change your opinion....? Maybe if moved thru the 50 day, would that change your opinion..?
- issues: @champ $AMZN Thank you Champ!
- ROSEY: @DAN $AMZN THANKS for comment.
- champ: $AMZN $AGN $PVH ....I'm back in these stock this morning ...for now ...they seem like they want to play ball....but I don't trust much of anything... at this point....Spec day trades for now and they are working...stop were at entry but they are now trailing.
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are down this morning as the North Korean situation starts to matter. I haven't been positive on gold because I just haven't seen much movement. However, it's starting to perk up, so I think it's worth mentioning. A move abo ...
- Joe1927: @DAN $APRN I was in the foodservice business when the bagel craze started. Stores opened on every corner teaching the joy of water boiled bagels, then $DNKN put 2 pieces of equip. in their shops and overnight became the biggest bagel retailer. It didn’t take long to see for rent signs on a lot of street corners. I keep hearing about the threat from $AMZN which is real, but what about Omaha Steaks, or even $WTW, they both have databases of customers who already buy mail order food. Or maybe I’m missing the bigger picture again, I thought $NFLX was just a mail order Blockbuster Video and wouldn’t last a year.
- champ: $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ....I'm holding all 3 of these hedges and I'm just waiting and watching....no real clue on if the markets are going to drop any further but so far this drop is really no big deal....with the $DJI at 21,909 at this point...but anything can happen and I'm kind of watching $APPL $AMZN and $GOOG for direction. WTI-Oil is now dropping and is now down a $1 off the high..it was over $50 this morning @ $50.20....now oil is not helping the markets
- bigbartabs: @champ $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ $DJI $APPL $AMZN $GOOG .... I wonder how North Korea's stock market is doing... if they have one. Could probably get in at an all time low.
- champ: @bigbartabs $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ $DJI $APPL $AMZN $GOOG ---- P Trump needs to go over RHRN and make a deal on a Hotel and Golf Course, that would probably solve this problem.....I'm going to send him an eMail.
- ROSEY: @Joe1927 $APRN $DNKN $AMZN $WTW $NFLX R U still in the business, or should i ask....R U watching over the food business of all forms, from field to restaurants and grocers? Dp you have any comments on Kroger, Wendy's, Red Lobster?
- ROSEY: @DAN $GLD $MDY $IWM $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $NVDA $AAOI $PI $LOGM The comments in the A.M. are so helpful in direction of the day and then the nighttime videos help so much also, but you already knew that. Thanks Dan.
- DAN: @ROSEY $GLD $MDY $IWM $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $NVDA $AAOI $PI $LOGM Hey Rosey. Thanks very much for the great feedback. I'm glad the combo is working for you! 8-)
- Alexandra: Thanks for the responses to my previous inquiries. BTW My friend said if it weren't for AWS, $AMZN wouldn't beat estimates. Cramer said today, "AWS is 40% of $AMZN."
- ROSEY: @Alexandra $AMZN Thanks for posting this info.
- DAN: Good morning. It's not a big surprise that the market is set to open higher this morning. Why isn't it a surprise? Well, because the market is open today; and that's what the market does. And we need to run with the bulls while the bulls are runn ...
- Geewhiz: @DAN $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $GOOGL $BA $GS $MCD $UNH $CSCO $KO $VZ Digging deeper into the diamond mind. $FFWM BTO @ 17.35 Thank you for the not so crowded trade area.
- antfarm: $AMZN @Dan Closed my Aug 11th BeCS @ 0.12. Sold Tuesday for 0.80. Thanks Dan for the suggestion.
- champ: @Alexandra $AMZN $SVNDY---- Don'y really know.... I need to check it out. I know of a company that is holding 300 - 7-11's but I can't remember for sure who they are but I will look. I'm happy to see your post and its nice to hear from you and I hope your doing all right.....and Thanks for the Info. Going to turn-in ...I got up 2 hour before the PM....had to do research and you know I'm in California....so I have been up now 20 hours.
- sierramp: @Alexandra $AMZN $SVNDY My in-house airline / aviation guru said there is a distinction between airline vs freight carrier. I have to agree that I don't see an airline as a fit with $AMZN - however they are full of surprises -but as for freight DHL Express might be a consideration.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $72.00 -25.99 (-26.52%) 16:34 EDT @Bridget I now know why you sell half your position ahead of qtrly -- I was going to going into close but got distracted with my $TSLA and $AAPL bear credit spreads *sigh* -- guess I subconsciously didn't want ...
- Alexandra: @CHAMP et al. My friend who works for $AMZN said there's rumors &AMZN will buy 7/11, an airline company, and a drone company. 7/11 is owned by $SVNDY but it's traded in Japan and other countries. Which one is the US one ? And anyone have any thoughts on what potential airline and drone company? Also my friend said they are adding 100,000 new jobs in California in the next 18 months. He also said $AMZN has secret or hidden value under the "other" category, meaning not AWS or the marketplace. He insinuated it was a database of consumer profiles. I welcome any thoughts.
Forexpro: @Alexandra $AMZN $SVNDY
Here's hoping that you're doing, and feeling, well. The U.S. ticker for 7-Eleven's Japanese parent company is $SVNDF. It's a real low-end retail conglomerate. "Big data", which is I presume what you ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- nice rebound this morning. $998 is the pivot, and AMZN has climbed back above there. Looking at 1010 as a minimum intraday target.
- Henry: $AMZN $GOOGL both falling hard
- zimzala: @grcjr $COST I bought on Friday off of $AMZN woes. Stop at 8EMA.
- Iceman: #FANG plus others another shot across the bow? $TSLA 323.34 -11.73 $CMG 342.36 -8.14 $AAPL 148.39 -1.11 $NFLX 180.81 -3.23 $FB 169.07 -3.38 $GOOGL 942.85 -15.48 $AMZN 989.15 -30.89
- ROSEY: @champ $VEEV $XRT $DJI $AMZN $AAPL #BeAware #News #News #BoarderTax #Press #News Thanks for posting this news champ. I just had time to see some news that $AMZN missed their number but did not catch about the border tax so, if possible, please tell how that will affect us. I will also try to find that news.
DAN: Just a quick note this morning about where I am looking.
While there is a lot going on today, my attention will be primarily on Amazon ($AMZN), Boeing ($BA) and Baidu ($BIDU).
Boeing is up so much that it looks like a blowoff top. So I'll be watch ...
- barbjim12: @champ $VEEV $XRT $DJI $AMZN $AAPL #BeAware #News #News #BoarderTax #Press #News Actually we enjoy your expertise and great posting! Please continue.
- rck89: $AMZN BTC $AMZN Aug 1160/1180 BeCS @.20db...STO 2.1cr. Position was part of an Iron Condor opened as the stock ran up yesterday. Not much chance of a run up, but closed position to free up margin. STO $AMZN Aug 990/960 BuPS @8.1cr....got lucky at the open! Adding to position, which was part of yesterday's Iron Condor position. Not a bad day so far....
- DAN: $BA $BIDU $AMZN -- market is pretty strong today, and I respect the volatility. I have covered my short in BA for a "break even". Shorted it on the way down, covered it on the way up. Meh. That's trading. $BIDU -- I lost a bit of money on my short, but I have made it back and then some b/c I pivoted and bought the stock. I have tight, fractional stops along the way. My intraday price target is $220...That's the level at which I'd be looking for selling. If you are not an active trader who is used to adapting quickly, this is not your market.
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #Jul28 - A few earnings plays $CMG $AMZN, some old volatility positions $SVXY $UVXY, and some covered calls $TRIP $UAA, are all expiring. My $NFLX covered puts are being assigned, taking me out of the remainder of the short stock position from last week at a nice gain. -- Expirations -- AMZN Weekly Jul 28 2017 940 Puts AMZN Weekly Jul 28 2017 1090 Calls CMG Weekly Jul 28 2017 300 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 26 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 27 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 45 Calls NUGT Weekly Jul 28 2017 24 Puts NUGT Weekly Jul 28 2017 26 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 40 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 42.5 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 45 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 47.5 Puts TSLA Weekly Jul 28 2017 245 Puts TRIP Weekly Jul 28 2017 40 Calls (Covered) UAA Weekly Jul 28 2017 25 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 11 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 12 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 20 Calls -- Assignments -- NFLX Weekly Jul 28 2017 185 Puts (Covered) - eliminates a short stock position
- champ: $AMZN @ $1073 for now....but it looks like it could go even higher before they report today....and I'm still holding but I'm now #BabySitting....really strong.
- haroldzero: $AMZN - just curious anyone will hold over earnings?
- champ: $AMZN ....taking profits.....OUT.....could even be a fast short...???
- DAN: $AMZN -- seeing some pre-earnings profit taking here. I'm with champ -- get out. Risk is high. Not sure if I'd short it...other than for an hour or 2. But this stock isn't likely to move higher before the closing bell.
- champ: @DAN $AMZN ----I'm short...for now....
- bwcarnation1: $AMZN Mark Mahaney on FM1/2 time said amzn was not going to gap on earnings tonite and down it went and rest of tech seemed to follow...coincidence or not???
- optionswealth: $NFLX This FANG stock is also down on lighter volume than I would expect. $AMZN has higher volume but $GOOGL has declining volume versus the previous 2 days.
- steve71: $GLW $WYNN $JWN $FND $RDN $AMZN $HIG Earnings season is kind of fun. There are always some "Sell the News." stocks which get oversold. My approach is kind of 3 Day Rule, but really just initiate when they start to recover. My list so far is $GLW $WYNN $JWN. Have started some money in Nordstrom which is holding up well even now. Waiting for several more after the bell.
- Iceman: $AMZN #ShortStrangle #Earnings – Sold AMZN Jul 28 2017 940.0 Puts/1190.0 Calls @ 1.00 with the stock at 1044
- champ: @Henry $VEEV --- #BeAware #News Moved the Markets back up, from that minor drop ---- I noticed that the market turned on #News right at 13:35 ET., when Speaker Ryan broke the News about the #BoarderTax....he issued a statement right at that time. If ...
- gwenzee: @champ $VEEV $XRT $DJI $AMZN $AAPL #BeAware #News #News #BoarderTax #Press #News I just love typos. You typed "Boarder" Tax. Is that the tax that millennials pay their parents when they are living in the basement? LOL
- champ: @gwenzee $VEEV $XRT $DJI $AMZN $AAPL #BeAware #News #News #BoarderTax #Press #News --- Yes, thats it....as you know...I'm not any good at posting....I'm really bad.
- bsafriet: @bsieling I feel for you man! Yes, you can use mental stops, BUT, that requires that you write them down and stick to them. Also depends if your are talking short term trades are long term holds. I think (for me, personally) that mental stops work ...
- DAN: With all of the attention given to endless reality show in Washington DC, the fact that the FOMC is going to make a decision on the fed funds rate today slipped under the radar. Well, their latest decision will be released at 2 pm today. A rate hik ...
- rck89: $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL $COST STC $AMZN Aug 1050 call @30.10cr...BTO@23.60db. Bought yesterday after the $GOOGL eps "shocker" pulled t$AMZN down in sympathy. But no reason to tempt the earnings gods - $AMZN eps tonight - any further! THMAR! BTO $CMG Aug 340 put @8.30db...added to "coin flip" positions bought yesterday @11.4db...ouch! Probably shouldn't have added to this losing position but (IMHO), this dog just can't stay up! STO $GOOGL Aug 920/945/1005/1020 Iron Condor @6.95cr...added to yesterday's position (STO@6.5cr). Not a dog, but $GOOGL is in the dog house for awhile, IMHO. BTC $COST Aug 155/150 BuPs @2.75db...STO @1.7cr. Thought the stock would recover - wrong! Guess I'll do some real work for the balance of the day. Thanks all for the good ideas and explanations.
- geotheo: @rck89 $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL $COST I have $AMZN earnings tomorrow after the close. Edit: Checked amazon and conf call is tomorrow at 2:30pm so you must be right.
- rck89: @geotheo $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL $COST I think that you are correct on the $AMZN eps date 7/27. But given the run in the stock and the report date, closing my $AMZN positions seemed the better part of valor! Thanks for your comment...appreciated!
- bwcarnation1: $AMZN getting into health care focus on medical records, virtual doctor visits... also selling medical supplies
DAN: Good morning. We're looking at a flat open as traders wait for earnings numbers from:
Monday: $HAL, $APC, $ARNC, $HAS, and $GOOGL
Tuesday: $MCD, $GM, $AMGN, $CMG, $CAT, $T
Wednesday: $FB, $F, $WFM, $KO, $BA
Thursday: $UPS, $CMCSA $MA, $TWTR, $VZ an ...
- champ: $AMZN new ATH at $1,040 for now and I'm still holding.
- bsafriet: $AMZN $GOOGL. Closed long call positions, taking profits.
- Henry: $AMZN took an after hours beat down on the googster's news
- bsafriet: @bsafriet $AMZN $GOOGL Got out before the crowd. Exit near HOD. This was luck, not skill, but my plan was to exit $GOOGL before the close.
- Henry: $AMZN As you know the FTC is investigating their price claims. I was looking to buy something on AMZN and went to the manufacturers website to see if it was a deal. The manufacture claims that both Ebay and AMZN are selling a mix of real and chinese knockoffs from the same bin. Birkenstock has claimed the same thing. Is the government going to standby and let this company destroy every retail business in the US? I think their is real political risk in this company. I'm not starting a political conversation of what the government should do, I'm saying it's a possibility. Just bought some Aug 1010 calls on the bounce
- bsafriet: @issues $NKE $NKE and $AMZN entered into an agreement to sell $NKE branded shoes and other merchandise on $AMZN. It's a big deal!
- captron: $HD - Taking a beating this morning on news that Sears will use $AMZN to offer its products.
- Mpower27: @captron $HD $AMZN that might be the first move Eddie lampert has done that could help bail Sears out.
- captron: @Mpower27 $HD $AMZN It will be interesting to see if it really works. $HD can lower prices and fix that problem very easily.
- gilman23smm: @bsafriet $GLW $AMZN $NVDA $AAOI Thank you for sharing your insights. I'm always interested to see practical application of different option strategies. Good trading.
- CHOFF: Upcoming FAANG earnings reminder: $GOOGL July 24 $FB July 26 $AMZN July 27 $AAPL Aug 1
- phgruver: $AMZN and $SHLD are going to put $HD and $LOW out of business? I don't think so. I've been looking for a better entry to add to my hugely profitable $LOW position, and I think I just got it.
- Vehid: @phgruver $AMZN $SHLD $HD $LOW Looks like AMZN name is enough these days to do anything. Broken Sears roared today because AMAZON. Seeing what happened to $COST, not sure if $HD or $LOW can come up anytime soon.
- CHOFF: @phgruver $AMZN $SHLD $HD $LOW - agreed....$COST and now $HD killer, I think not.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to a slightly higher open this morning. Just a few comments before the open because I'll be hosting a training session in just a few hours and there will be plenty to discuss at that time.
The bank stocks should ...
- Henry: $AMzN The big boys are back from lunch
- haroldzero: @Dan $AMZN, Hi Dan, thx for the trading idea on AMZN, in short term, what is the target price?
- DAN: @haroldzero $AMZN pre-earnings? My guess would be around 1,050 or so. Always tough to estimate...but it's obvious that big money is still bullish on Big Jeff.
- bsafriet: @haroldzero $AMZN I'm not Dan, but my "back of the napkin" price target is 1089. Round this up or down as you see fit. Reports Q2 results 7/27 at 16:01. Should make an interesting call to listen to. I expect fireworks as usual and I am currently long Aug'17 $1000. calls and have a Jul'17 940/945 put credit spread that expires this Friday. I plan to take profits on the long calls prior to the Q2 report. Good luck!
- haroldzero: @bsafriet $AMZN @Dan, Thank you
- bsafriet: @champ $GLW Couldn't agree more. I'm long the stock and have also been carrying a long diagonal call spread - the last position was the July'17/Aug'17 30.5/28 calls. Closed this out yesterday rather than rolling out and up. Will reopen another dia ...
Forexpro: Re: $AMZN, $GS
Stop the presses; Lloyd Walmsley at $DB has cut his price target on $AMZN to 1135 from 1150. Of course, at times, that's the bid/ask. Value added, Lloyd: thanks! According to SeekingAlpha, $GS' trading revenue was off 40 ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- testing $1020. 1019.95 was the high. Watch that level. Stock has been consolidating since early July below that level. It's an important resistance line. Those of you who follow pivot points -- R2 is at $1020.47.
- DAN: $AMZN now above 1020.
- ROSEY: @DAN $AMZN Decisions, decisions. Nail biting and my daughter is too LT sanguine. Possible target?
- DAN: @ROSEY $AMZN This year? $1200. Probably being conservative (Not kidding).
- ROSEY: @DAN $AMZN Bless you...i can stop worrying about my daughter.
- Robert1965: $AMZN been trying to buy an option, can't afford the stock, what would be a good strike price , date, missed up bad on apple
- Robert1965: @BocaRick $AMZN #Dan #Weekend what weekend chart of the day, this week was $AAOI
- Henry: @Robert1965 $AMZN Last one I saw was on 7/10 Prime Day
- Henry: @Robert1965 $AMZN I'd say fuggetaboutit The stock mores more than 10 points a day and while that may mean a profit on your options of 30% in a couple hours, it also means it can drop that fast. Then you put in a sell order halfway in the spread, that becomes the high ask and down it continues
- Forexpro: Re: $APRN Poor $APRN, poorer shareholders. SeekingAlpha reports that $AMZN has applied for a trademark: "We do the prep. You be the chef." Hope your week is off to a great start; all the best!
- audrina0904: @Forexpro $APRN $AMZN - Apron is not an inexpensive service for most people. $AMZN will eat their lunch
- Forexpro: @audrina0904 $APRN $AMZN Thanks, Audrina, We've used Blue Apron, but generally prefer Hello Fresh when we indulge. I would think that an entrance by $AMZN will put a pall over the whole sector, quite possibly even making it more difficult for the fledglings to raise capital in the private equity market. Agreed that $AMZN will almost certainly be willing and able to live with smaller margins. Hope you're thriving; all the best!
- DAN: @audrina0904 $APRN $AMZN Amazon will make their lunch...and sell it to them for cheaper than they can make their own. (Imagine owning the local Whole Foods Market store...and making pre-packaged meals ready to send out pronto. As I've been saying for years, Lex Luthor (Jeff Bezos) is going to take over the world.) Rumor: Amazon is going into the electric car business. Probably won't need the $4 billion in government subsidies though.
- DAN: @Forexpro $APRN $AMZN It's off to a great start unless you're long Snap Apron.
- ROSEY: @DAN $APRN $AMZN Have you seen any info. that mentions if they would focus on human driver in control or....?
- DAN: @ROSEY $APRN $AMZN No. I haven't. I don't know that much about it.
- traderbren: $AMZN - It's time to bet against Amazon, says famed money manager Doug Kass
- audrina0904: @traderbren $AMZN Well that guy is never wrong, we all better run to the exits! LOL
|Stock Price||$USD 1,129.88|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 1st, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 13.69 57.54%
- $USD 52.40 39.93%
- $USD 5.51 33.28%
- $USD 7.76 -39.77%
- $USD 175.10 -22.76%
- $USD 16.31 -20.69%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 51,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (51,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!