Arista Networks Inc. (NYSE:ANET)
Old Forum Content for ANETMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bsafriet: $AAOI Gave back some profits today, 58.56 -1.32, rest of group mostly up. $IPHI back above 50day sma at 48.01 + 2.63. $OCLR 10.13 0.26, $ANET 133.97 1.79, $FN 44.49 0.49, and $LITE 54.70 0.55 are those in the group with 1% or more upside moves.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $LITE $FNSR $MTSI VIAV $NPTN $ACIA $ANET $FN $IPHI $OCLR Optical group movers today: $AAOI 58.89 +3.87, $LITE 54.10 .60, $FNSR 28.55 0.19, $MTSI 45.28 0.31, $VIAV 10.78 0.06, $NPTN 9.31 0.05, $ACIA 56.71 0.02 Optical group losers today: $ANET 131.32 -0.445, $FN 43.14 -0.30, $IPHI. 46.43 -0.40, $OCLR 9.95 - 0.16
- Aragorn: IBD 50 stocks making new 52 week highs $ANET $COHR $PRAH $VEEV $PCLN one day rev strat bar bullish engulfing candle today
- bsafriet: $AAOI Set new all time closing high today (55.02 + 3.51, 6.81%). It was the leader in the optical group today. Doesn't report earnings until 5/8/17. $OCLR $NPTN $FN $LITE $IPHI $FNSR all were strong today. Holding positions in $AAOI $OCLR $LITE $ANET $FNSR.
- bsafriet: @Aragorn $BEAT $NLNK $SBUX $ANET $AEIS $VEEV $BABA $TREE $ESNT I give up - what does BTFD stand for? Lost me here. Txs for your insights. $ANET was the subject of a Barron's article in the current issue. More room to run.
- Forexpro: @bsafriet $BEAT $NLNK $SBUX $ANET $AEIS $VEEV $BABA $TREE $ESNT Hey, Bsafriet, Yeah, lots of acronyms in this business. The one you're referring to stands for "Buy the Freaking (or whatever) Dip". Generally heard at pauses during strong uptrends. :) Hope you're doing well; all the best!
$TAL $LRCX $AEIS $ANET $FIZZ $SYK
$LOGI $VEEV $SYMC $SIRI
$IBN $BX - some financials gap up on big volume
$CMCM - day 2 of thisshort squeeze
$WYNN is making a strong move today. Back up at previous resistance. Seeing some buyers com ...
- Aragorn: @Bridget $MBLY $INTC $DLPH $BABA $YHOO $USCR $LEA $VC $MPWR $TER $CALA $PLSE $AUPH $LAZ $AON $TAL $LRCX $AEIS $ANET $FIZZ $SYK $LOGI $VEEV $SYMC $SIRI $IBN $BX $CMCM $WYNN $HUBS $TWNK #ipo Thanks Bridget these would be more useful at 9:31 AM thanks again
- Aragorn: $BEAT inside week and up after a bounce off the 21ema this si also a BTFD stock $NLNK continues to work one day rev strat Friday hammer up today for rev strat 2 bar pattern $SBUX at a horizontal support line I have but this looks like it wants lower wait unti 53 area to test the bottom of a descending channel $ANET IBD stock inside inside day and up up 2.67% today $AEIS - stay long wish I had more $VEEV inside week and up also $BABA went inside week and up rev strat day triggers the week $TREE rev strat week up this is going higher $ESNT IBD stock inside day and up this is going higher
- gig1: $ANET This looks like a breakout from a flag pattern. Thoughts anyone?
- spmeyers: @gig1 $ANET I'd wait for definitive break of recent high
- issues: @gig1 $ANET I like this stock. We made good money catching it from a recent low to where it is now. We sold it but would like to buy it back at a lower price, if it ever gets down again. Might be worth a very small starter position. It's holding up real well.
- PRK: $ANET There goes ANET up over $17 NP
- PJMR11: @issues $CVI $WBMD $ANET $WMB Wishing now that I hadn't sold 1/2 of my position prior to earnings.
- issues: $CVI has earnings tomorrow PM. I hold 3/4 position and since FANG took a bounce on earnings I am thinking of holding over earnings. Comments? Someone on this Forum suggested it several weeks ago & I've been holding it. But with a deadline I am considering selling. Also we are holding $WBMD $ANET & $WMB & $TRP with earnings looming tomorrow.
- DAN: @issues $CVI $WBMD $ANET $WMB HEre's my personal rule, issues. If I am losing money on any position, I will never hold it over earnings. It's just a rule that keeps me out of trouble. And I would only consider holding a part of a position over earnings if I had such a profit in it that my worst case scenario would probably be that I'd just break even on the trade. In other words, I'm not really risking my own trading capital.
- PJMR11: @issues $CVI $WBMD $ANET $WMB I am holding for the dividend but I did sell 1/2 position earlier in the week and booked some gains. Will hold the other half over earnings.
- issues: @DAN $CVI $WBMD $ANET $WMB Thank you Dan! Good ideas!
- issues: @PJMR11 $CVI $WBMD $ANET $WMB Thank you PJMR11. X day for $WMB is Mar 10. Will you buy prior to X?
- issues: @champ $XEC This is a tough call, so to speak, not meaning a call call as in options.. We hold 1/2 position and are thinking of holding over earnings with $FANG beating. Also we hold a small position in $ANET with earnings tomorrow. Since it's small and we have real good profit, we will hold over earnings.
- champ: @issues $XEC $ANET --- I sold $XEC.....OUT..... I had a small position that I was going to swing into earnings...I sold my main position this morning on the open.
- issues: $ANET finally made it over $100! Holding a small position. I meant to add but it kept going up, all the way from the bottom. Can't add here.
- JBed: $ANET Did anyone else buy this after its big drop last week? I'm somewhat nervous at the weakness today...any thoughts? thanks.
- greenpatrol: @JBed $ANET Sell half now. It might encourage you to sell the rest. Broken stock.
- woodman: @JBed $ANET - I sold all mine the day the bad news broke, at 91.70. At this point, it needs to hold that $87.33 intraday low.
- JBed: @woodman @greenpatrol $ANET Thanks, all. I'm out at $87.75. Fortunately I had a small position. Too bad, looked for a while like it might rally off the low.
- JBed: @JBed $ANET Aaagh! It went back up 1.5%! Hate it when that happens.
- issues: @JBed $ANET We bought a small position. Dan talked about this one a few weeks ago. I like the company and long term it goes higher.
- JBed: $ANET Adding today to a swing position started yesterday.
- issues: I just bought starter positions in $ANET (green day coming back, good fundies/ Dan mentioned) & $GATX (bouncing off 50 day.) Both are on the IBD 50 this week.
- cmaxwel1: @cmaxwel1 $ANET Sold with painful loss yesterday.
- cmaxwel1: $ANET ? what happened?
- champ: @cmaxwel1 $ANET ----NEWS
- woodman: @cmaxwel1 $ANET - I bought this on Friday. Oy!
- woodman: @cmaxwel1 $ANET http://seekingalpha.com/news/3235464-anet-minus-8-percent-customs-reversal-oppenheimer-stays-bullish Note, this anal-yst is ranked 3,437 out of 4,349. In other words, you'd do better flipping a coin.
- woodman: $ANET - although I sold mine at the first failed attempt to get back up through VWAP, it just moved back above it on the second attempt. The 50 day about 1.5% higher will be an interesting test. Anyway, I'm out. Not interested in holding this and waiting for things to work out or not with its patent issues.
- issues: @Rasta I will have to ask IBD, ok? I will need some sort of remuneration from you, right? Ok ok, just kidding. Don't tell IBD but here it is: $NVDA $UBNT $EVR $THO $HQY $TREX $ANET $IDCC $CPE $BOFI $AEIS $CFG $ESNT $EXP $VEEV $WAL $PRI $AMAT $SIVB $PLAY $SCHW $STMP $GRUB $FCB $HOMB $STL $MS $CGNX $MSCC $GATX $CRTO $COMM $OZRK $MXL $NTES $UTHR $GIMO $MPWR $GNTX $FRC $RDN $MASI $ALGN $JCOM $WNC $MBFI $GS $CARB $MIDD $MCHP
$ANET – holding yesterday’s high-volume breakout.
$CLVS – healthy pullback/consolidation. Poised to start next leg higher.
$TSRO – Alert $140
$AGN – still going. Trailing stops are best on this type of patte ...
- Geewhiz: @Gary $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $SOCL $AMZN $BIDU $YNDX $FB $BABA $NFLX $AKAM $ULTA $ANET $CLVS $TSRO $AGN $VRX $ENDP $COR $FN #NOTES Fast video has not been available more frequently than usual. Not a good trend. :-) Any reason for this issue. Thank you
- Bridget: $ANET breaking out of a squeeze to a new 52 week high. Decent volume. This stock is working.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ANET Arista Networks Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ANET&clip=79937
- champ: $ANET@ $101....In Stop at Entry.....
- cmaxwel1: $ANET starter position
- geotheo: @champ $ANET Champ when you put your stop at entry, how long do you wait after the purchase to set the stop?
- Bridget: Notes: Pharmaceuticals were showing promise today: $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT Steel/Copper also seeing a surge: $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD Stocks on the move: $ANET - solid breakout on high volume $NRF - continues on volume $LVLT - watch for a pullback tomorrow $ABC - downtrend is certainly broken $PYPL - working, now holding above the 50MA $WTW - After seeing about 2 weeks of higher volume, this is now breaking higher. New years resolution surge $RRR - #ipo new all time high, coming out of consolidation $SCHW - this bank stock is pushing higher, ER on 1/18. no news I could find $F - two big days of movement, all auto stocks up today on sales report
- issues: @Bridget $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD $ANET $NRF $LVLT $ABC $PYPL $WTW $RRR $SCHW $F #ipo Thanks Bridget. Added to ABBV and XME.
$ANET – 30-50% sales/EPS growth. Good stock to own.
$UVE – Steady EPS/Rev growth. Just a steep stock.
$NFX -- consider $WLL.
- bsafriet: @issues $FNSR $LITE $OCLR $CIEN $VZ I like $ANET and $IPHI in this group - they are trending up vs consolidating. Last summer's catalyst for this group was a China's upgrade. Do you think Trump's position on trade and China in general will send China business elsewhere?
- Bridget: Notes: A few breakouts today, most tech stocks: $FFIV - on an upgrade, at 52 week high $PAY - continue up today after earnings surge yesterday $AKAM - on an upgrade $NDSN - breakout on earnings and still holding at the top of the range $NVDA - nice volume today and pushing on the upper bollinger band $BMY - this is starting to work, no major news I could find $RRGB - breakout on upgrade and big volume. Now above the 200DMA. $UBNT - this uptrending stock also made a new 52 week high on higher volume $ANET - new 52 week high, solid uptrend, decent volume today. This is working $ULTA - at a good buy point just above the 50DMA $VSM - #ipo at new all time high $UPS - bearish engulfing pattern. Seeing some profit taking while $FDX is still holding up ok.
- Bridget: $ANET is breaking higher. Almost to a new all time high.
- captron: $ANET - IPO is breaking out.
- Aragorn: @Captron @Bridget $ANET first Cappy not an ipo anymore been trading over a year check out the 30 minute chart look at that inside 30 and up went up almost a buck from that signal so strong today made 52 week highs and dare I say it ATH. Sweet today
- Aragorn: A few stocks keying on for day trades tomorrow - Inside days - $PANW $LH $UNH $TNA $ CASy - $ASH $LGND $CME - pullback t he 21ema inside day $RL $NFLX $CCI $ANET $EBIX $UAL $WDVC Hammer signals OPHT - also an inside day - $HDS $CREE
- orpheusredux: @Aragorn $PANW $LH $UNH $TNA $ASH $LGND $CME $RL $NFLX $CCI $ANET $EBIX $UAL $WDVC $HDS $CREE Ara--as I posted yesterday, I believe $OPHT looks very buyable here.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ANET Arista Networks Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ANET&clip=74974
- bobbybwana: @DAN I don't totally disagree but I have put some money to work last week $TWLO,$ACIA,$LN,$ANET
- numbers: $ANET is coming out of a squeeze, but not much volume, is this a buy
- DAN: #Optical Networking Stocks -- $FN $LITE $VIAV $GIMO $ANET $OCLR I'll be covering these stocks tonight, but wanted to point them out today. I've discussed the optical networking stocks a few times recently, and I think they work quite well. The companies are all different (that's the way with an industry. Many companies meet varying needs in a single industry). But the stock charts have a common theme -- they're going higher. One Caveat: EARNINGS!!! $LITE this afternoon. $FN - 8/15 $VIAV - Thursday.
- DAN: @issues $FN $LITE $VIAV $GIMO $ANET $OCLR #Optical on what?
- issues: @DAN $FN $LITE $VIAV $GIMO $ANET $OCLR #Optical Do I see lower highs on BMY? I don't see that bounce yet, do you?
- woodman: @DAN $FN $LITE $VIAV $GIMO $ANET $OCLR #Optical - I've liked and been long $OCLR for some time in the optical space. Also long $NPTN in optical.
- judysteiner: $ANET looks like a 59 min trade
- issues: The IBD 50 sure changed dramatically this week. There are 25 new stocks replacing 25 from last weeks. The new ones are ones that didn't go down as much (more than going up so much) This shows a very defensive stance the market has taken. Here's the IBD 50 list for today $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA $VEEV $WBMD $XRS $YY
- Aragorn: @issues $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA ...
- judysteiner: $ANET moving up 2 days in a row on vol
- al19: $ANET looks like a short squeeze
- judysteiner: @forexpro Thanks for the hellO and hash brown suggestion. Ended up taking my laptop after the close to sbux to listen to cnbc and do a few scans for tom. came up with a few charts, $ANET, $crzo, $xop, $intc.going to look at somw more now. Had good discipline trading ILMN AND JUNO TODAY. HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL.
IPOs I'm watching: $ADMS $AFMD $ANET $AXTA $BLUE $CLLS $CYBR $DBVT $ERI $GNCA $GWB $HAWK $INO $IPO $LPCN $MBLY $NCLH $NDRM $NGHC $NSTG $NVAX $OPB $PIRS $PTLA $PYPL $RARE $RH $SERV $SPY $SYF $TERP $TSE $VDSI $W $XNCR $XOM
My notes on IPOs:
ADMS - Ad ...
- EasyOut: @Aragorn IBD50 Inside day etc Inside day - $FB $LCI $REGN Inside Week - $CELG $CTSH $GILD $REGN $UTHR $UVE INSIDE MONTH $ANET
- Aragorn: $ANET I posted yesterday with a chart this is movin on up :-) OT Jefferson's theme song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY
- BocaRick: @Aragorn $ANET I have been watching this stock for some time and it has yet to hit #IBD buy point of 88.66 coming out of a cup with handle pattern. Inside month and longer.
- Forexpro: @BocaRick, $ANET Thanks, BocaRick, Hadn't run across this one before, but it looks potentially interesting. Sideways consolidation now, as you point out, following a nice uptrend: http://schrts.co/lfYlyB Volume is seasonally light - at least, I presume that it's seasonal - but it hasn't pulled back much beyond the 38.2 percent retracement level, and "should" be headed higher on that basis. Something around 78 looks like a reasonable entry level, although unfortunately the timing of a push higher is unclear. It is to me, at any rate. If this is headed to new highs, I would expect something around 76 to hold as support. Just another view, for whatever it might be worth. Best of luck with it!
- EasyOut: @Aragorn #Aragorn's Inside Stocks IBD 50 Inside day - $AHS $ALK $CTSH $EW $ILMN $ORLY $PAYC $SBUX $SCI $UHS Inside week - $AHS $ALK $CELG $CTSH $GILD $REGN $ROST $UTHR $UVE Inside Month - $ANET New additions to the IBD50 $AHS $AOS $AET $CDNS $GPN $MENT Subtractions -$ ZBRA $CALM $AFSI $IPGP $SBNY $ENDP
- ginny: @Aragorn $ICLR $PNK $ZBRA $TSS $ANET $AGN $ALK $AMBA $ CBM $CTSH $CBM $ENDP $HA $LCI $MANH $NKE $OZRK $PNK $ROST $SCI $SSNC $TSCO $TSO $ULTA $VRX
- judysteiner: $ANET- IBD STOCK WORKING
- EasyOut: @Aragorn #Aragorn's Inside Stocks: Inside Day $AFSI $ALK $AMBA $CBM $CYBR $PAYC $PNK $UHS $WETF Inside Week - $ORLY $TSS inside Month - $ANET $OZRK
- EasyOut: @Aragorn #Aragorn's Inside Stocks IBD 50 Inside Day Week and Month Inside Day - $ALXN $MANH $ORLY $PAYC $PNK $TSS $V Inside Week - $AMBA $CRUS $CYBR $HAWK $ILMN $MANH $SBUX $V Inside Month $OZRK $ANET There were a lot of changes this week in the IBD50 Here are the new adds $ICLR $CRUS $V $PZZA $SSNC $WETF $PGTI $SBNY $TMH $CALM $NKE $AKRX $ALXN $ENDP Thanks for your posting. Kathy
- VectorGamer: This week's watch list: $ANET $TASR $ROST $JAZZ $MNK $ABD $MOH $HBI $CRM
$ANET $AXS $CYBR $EXR $HCN $HCP $HLS $MAC $NOW $ORI $SPG $SPLK
Here's the finviz charts: except no BB... hmmmm...
OK : Here's the symbols in BB format:
Consecutive days of closes inside the BB:
- sheppner: $ANET-just ripping, heading to $90
- EasyOut: @Aragorn #IBD 50 inside day and week Inside Day $ABC $AMCX $ANET $CBM $CRTO $GILD $ILMN $LCI $MANH Inside Week - $CRTO $NSR $PNK $TASR $WAL $ZBRA IBD50 New Highs - $CNC $ELLI $ORLY $OUTR $OZRK $PZZA $SC $SWKS $UHS $VDSI Thanks for all your help and instruction in the SMM Forum. EasyOut(Kathy)
Inside Day $ABC $AMCX $ANET $CBM $CRTO $GILD $ILMN $LCI $MANH
Inside Week $CRTO $NSR $PNK $TASR $WAL $ZBRA
IBD50 New Highs $CNC $ELLI $ORLY $OUTR $OZRK $PZZA $SC $SWKS $UHS $VDSI"
- Aragorn: $XNET daily chart extended above the 3rd std Bollinger., it looks ready to blastoff going vertical with increased volume $ANET - hammer today lower volume looks good $ATEN weekly chart starting to go in a VE now
- sheppner: $ANET-beautiful hammer reversal, this one is going back to $75
- Diana2010: $LOCO, $GPRO, $ANET All three of these companies are releasing stock earlier than the standard 180 lock-up period. Seems to me that the 180 day lock-up is no longer standard/enforced and we can expect employee stock to be sold after the first earnings report for new issues. #seachange Adding to above post- $MBLY, $CYBR could do the same this week and kill a positive response to good earnings. Long CYBR
- boba: $ANET - A blue sky IPO.
- boba: $MBLY $TUBE $ANET - Three new IPOs that are working.
- NapoleonSolo: @dunsek $CMCM thx for heads up... high risk IMO to hold over earnings with such big run up off lows but then look at $ANET after last night's release.. same basic set up
- tnt: $ANET longs who bought the open getting slaughtered. Patience paying here. Getting long at $73. Too good to pass up after these earnings #s
- RedLeaf1: @dkoran $ANET Well done! Down 3.50 today
- trader123: $SINA $SCTY $SPWR $ILMN $ANET $TWTR- Stopped out on all 6 positions today with small gains to small losses. Fortunately, I was stopped out on $TSLA & $Z last week before today's carnage. Ok, time to regroup and wait for better entries. Let the market come in a bit, which will set the stage for the next advance. Cash looks good right now.
- dkoran: $ANET- Cramer pick this am. Also lots of upgrades.Looks like it wants to move back to all time highs in the near future provided market does not correct. Bought at 68 today. getting out now around 70 with a tight stop .
|Stock Price||$USD 158.10|
Arista Networks Inc with its subsidiaries is a supplier of cloud networking solutions that use software innovations to address the needs of large-scale Internet companies, cloud service providers and next-generation enterprise.Request Video of ANET
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 3rd, 2017 - 2017 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 11.52 78.18%
- $USD 17.31 30.97%
- $USD 9.76 23.06%
- $USD 6.85 -19.20%
- $USD 32.58 -19.16%
- $USD 17.71 -15.65%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!