Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:AUPH)
Old Forum Content for AUPHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $AUPH - dipped to the 34dEMA. That's when to buy this; not on breakouts.
- woodman: $AUPH fake-out in effect? Buying the "breakout" in this one is like expecting Lucy not to remove the football this time when Charlie Brown goes to kick it. But I am continuing to hold my shares. Despite the failure of buying on breakouts, the direction is a slow drift upward. So I'm okay with continuing to hold and, occasionally, in small amounts, to add on this way up.
- inthesticks: @woodman $AUPH Lol ... bought on a previous fake out so I got all excited at the open that this was the one ... only to see my hopes dashed yet again. At least I didn't add this time. Still holding too.
- traderbren: @woodman $AUPH - love the analogy -- agree, as I'm still holding a small position from lower level.
- woodman: $AUPH $CEMP - AUPH is looking a little more promising and a little less like the next fakeout. CEMP brewing, perhaps. But I've said that before too.
- issues: @woodman $AUPH $CEMP Unless it's my new glasses the charts on AUPH CEMP and $ESPR all look the same. To me. Maybe it's a volume squeeze?
- woodman: @issues $AUPH $CEMP $ESPR - there are some similarities and some dissimilarities. All are working into or already well into a squeeze. CEMP is a disaster and has been "basing" for a long time, but has potential to come back out ... if Soli works out. It's beleaguered but who knows. For me, it's a dumpster dive. ESPR has been in an uptrend, but now moving sideways into the 50 day. AUPH is similar to ESPR. Both have had some drastic moves. AUPH is really the only one that feels to me like it is ready to move higher at the moment but it has tricked me before. But I've just held it through the fake outs over the last several weeks. But let me be clear, they are all dangerous spec stocks. So, in that regard, they are the same. :-)
- Sher: $AUPH - BTO July $7.50 calls @ $1.20 - Thanks to @Woodman for highlighting.
- justinp: $AUPH Edging up on higher volume.
- woodman: @justinp $AUPH - seen this before. But I do still have it....
- justinp: @woodman $AUPH Right, along with $LGND and $SRPT I'm being patient but trusting to stops.....
- justinp: $AUPH More definitive. BBs starting to open.
- woodman: @justinp $AUPH - looks like some funds have decently increased their shares of $AUPH according to latest 13Fs.
- justinp: @woodman $AUPH Interesting, thanks.
- woodman: @justinp $AUPH - It will be a good sign, I think, if it closes above 7.48. That was where it failed on 4/11, and several times since then it has tried to move past that level but fell back and closed under it.
- woodman: @justinp $AUPH - I'm not sold by the close. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Keep the faith. :)
- inthesticks: $AUPH Earnings AMC ... anyone holding?
- spmeyers: @inthesticks $AUPH yeah, I don't think this moves much on earnings, unless they announce something good (fingers crossed)
- woodman: $AUPH -may be up to something here.
- DAN: @woodman $AUPH I'm just looking at that too. Coming out of a volatility squeeze...right off the 50-day moving average.
- woodman: @DAN $AUPH - Dan take a look at $CALA too.
- tejas7: @woodman $AUPH 5 day trade. Anticipated earnings on 5/10
- DAN: @woodman $AUPH $CALA Yikes! Trades pretty thin.
- woodman: @DAN $AUPH $CALA - LOL! Lately, it has been. Average 50 day volume is a little more than 800K shares. Not everyone's cup of tea, though.
- CHOFF: @woodman $AUPH Thanks for the tip.
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $AUPH nice heads up stock really moving. bought some and added.
- fishing777: $AUPH..popping out of vs rhrn
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $AUPH - thanks and good luck! (I added at $7.71)
- Junior1: @fishing777 $AUPH Well that didn't last long.... wtf
- inthesticks: $AUPH Off a cliff! Stopped out ...WTH?
- woodman: @inthesticks $AUPH - the dreaded fakeout?!
- audrina0904: @inthesticks $AUPH THANK GOD FOR STOPS, but very bizarre price action.
- woodman: @Junior1 $AUPH - Oy!!
- JBed: @audrina0904 $AUPH Agreed, and glad I raised my stop when it started going up.
- spmeyers: @inthesticks $AUPH and I added to previous position :( -- still I think it goes higher
- woodman: @issues $ESPR $IPHI - Well, I added a little to $AUPH and that worked out rather poorly! It's still a small position. I haven't done anything else today.
- inthesticks: @Henry $AUPH Dad is very wise.
- Henry: @woodman $AUPH I see mention that Robert Duggan bought shares yesterday and a couple of tweets which seem to refer to a conference where they talked about deaths that were unrelated to their drugs. Maybe the word death triggered the computers. This was supposed to be old news though. As Dan said on the weekend All biotechs are speculative
- Henry: @inthesticks $AUPH Meant Dan, and he ain't no kin to me.
- JBed: $AUPH Trying again after getting stopped out for a tiny loss earlier. Weird price action.
- woodman: $AUPH - I did not sell any $AUPH today despite the fakeout. I neither sold what I already had coming into the day, nor what I added today as it was "breaking/faking" out. I had only a small position coming into the day. It's now bigger ...
- audrina0904: @woodman $AUPH I actually substituted AUPH with other tickers that I trade while reading this and everything applied, good advice! Thanks @woodman
- woodman: @audrina0904 $AUPH :-)
- Motorman: @Woodman $Auph I took small restart last week. Looks like it wants to do something.
- woodman: @Motorman $Auph - I still have some. $CALA and $ESPR have a similar look.
- justinp: @Motorman $Auph Agree - I added to a starter position today - like the squeeze.
- issues: @woodman $Auph $CALA $ESPR Are you holding ESPR over earnings AH today?
- woodman: @issues $Auph $CALA $ESPR - where do you see that ESPR is reporting after the bell today?
- JBed: $AUPH In accord with @Dan's advice last night I'm thinking of jettisoning this one. Anyone else in it?
- DAN: @JBed $AUPH Looks like a pretty tight squeeze to me. I'd hang on. No earnings until 5/10
- woodman: @DAN $AUPH - thanks for your note, Dan. I have some and was trying to figure out your take based on what @Jbed posted.
- JBed: @DAN $AUPH Thanks - I'm glad I held rather than sell it only to see it take off! Need to work on the patience thing.
- greenpatrol: @JBed $AUPH No position. I like the pattern though and have just set an alert if it breaks above 7.86
- JBed: @greenpatrol $AUPH I got sucked in on the false breakout the other day so I'm very relieved to see it move up from here.
- JBed: $AUPH @Dan, thanks for encouraging me not to sell this one - it's now up 6% on the day!
- JBed: $AUPH Up 9% or so on drug news.
- justinp: $AUPH This one came up a few weeks back and had a failed Phase 3 breakout. Appears to have bottomed and getting a few slightly up days.
- traderbren: $AUPH -- up in pre-mkt on decent volume.
- Robert1965: @cmac $ESPR $AUPH $CLVS Yes Shorted today @ $58.79, will cover at close Edit cover at 55.95
- cmac: $ESPR $AUPH I don't have a good feeling how some of these spec bios are trading....I'm closing them out for small losses and will invoke Dan's 1% rule. edit: added $CLVS short
- cmac: $AUPH bouncing off $7 support. Seems like a lot of resistance overhead, but this has been a fast mover over the past month.
- Esther: $PACB more stuff .. the pop today reminds me of some other biotech breakouts $AUPH was up 18% on Jan 24, just before the beginning of an enormous run. $SUPN was likewise up 10.6% before it broke out on November 14, just before it broke through the 50 day MA (PACB's 8 EMA just broke through the 50 yesterday). SUPN had also been beaten down, though not nearly as badly as PACB. PACB has been growing revs and earnings (or rather shrinking its loss) since it went public. But had a significant set back in 2016 revenues fell by 2 percent and the operating loss more than doubled. But the CEO said they are on track to increase revs 40 to 50% this year. Since the beginning of 2016, PACB has lost half its value. Average analyst PT is $7.42. I guess I am talking myself into taking a small starter position ....
- cmac: $AUPH in full melt down mode....thank goodness I had stop loss at $7.40
- shoredriver: $AUPH...why is this thing down...should be up ....
- cmac: $AUPH out
- efrain007: $AUPH sold some more at 9.74. Small position left will try to let it run, for now.
- efrain007: $AUPH anyone know if Friday was technically an inside day since the day low on Friday matched to the day low on Thursday at 7.65?
- phgruver: @efrain007 $AUPH I think you may be making too much of it, but, yes, Friday was inside Thursday, which was inside Wed. That's market indecision. Look for a break above the Wed high, or below the Wed low.
- Aragorn: @efrain007 $AUPH inside day today is inside day and up
- efrain007: @phgruver $AUPH Thanks, but I thought the the break would be over Friday high, which would be today. Itching to buy some now.
- efrain007: @Aragorn $AUPH So today is the buy since it took out Fridays high right?
- Aragorn: @phgruver $AUPH inside day means something the fact inside inside day means lots of pent up energy there. I would not say this is indecision just consolidation of a stock that is in an uptrend that pulled back to the 8ema. Just my opinion
- Aragorn: @efrain007 $AUPH yes
- efrain007: $AUPH in at 8.04
- traderbren: $AUPH -- getting a bid. Could be the start of the next leg up. Holding a starter position after this pull-back.
- efrain007: $AUPH sold half 9.04
- Remington: @efrain007 $AUPH nice trade caught half of that when saw your post this am...
- efrain007: @Remington $AUPH Thanks. Today is a good day. Need more of those. Good on you too :). I may add what I sold earlier at end of day depending on how it closes but had to take some profits since I was up over 10% on it.
- efrain007: $AUPH watching for a move over $8.12
- cmac: $AUPH secondary priced at 6.75
- efrain007: $AUPH down 28% in pre market but trading above offering price. Might be good for a flip.
- kcar21966: $AUPH continues upward
$PLSE and $AUPH - biotech stocks working
$LAZ - financial stock
IBD new highs-
$TAL $LRCX $AEIS $ANET $FIZZ $SYK
$LOGI $VEEV $SYMC $SIRI
$IBN $BX - some financials gap up on big volume
$CMCM - day 2 of thisshort squeeze
- Aragorn: @Bridget $MBLY $INTC $DLPH $BABA $YHOO $USCR $LEA $VC $MPWR $TER $CALA $PLSE $AUPH $LAZ $AON $TAL $LRCX $AEIS $ANET $FIZZ $SYK $LOGI $VEEV $SYMC $SIRI $IBN $BX $CMCM $WYNN $HUBS $TWNK #ipo Thanks Bridget these would be more useful at 9:31 AM thanks again
- shoredriver: $AUPH secondary announced down in after market
- DAN: @shoredriver $AUPH LOL. Great. Just great. 8-\
- shoredriver: @DAN $AUPH It is coming back...glad I bought more...I think...
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $GDX $UUP $ULTA $MTN $FIZZ $SHLD $WLDN $FNSR $ACIA $OCLR $PAY $ZUMZ $IBB $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH $XLK $SMH $AMD $AVGO $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV $MRVL $RMP $ZIOP $HOG $PII $T $AON $HTZ $RH $PANW (big volume on $PANW). Adding on monday
$IBB - biotech uptoday. Here are some stocks that are working. $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH
$XLK - tech and semis still doing well $SMH $AMD $AVGO
Working: $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV
$MRVL - breaking out on volume about Investor' ...
- DAN: $AUPH -- this stock is on a tear. I am daytrading it...just scaling in, adjusting my stops...buying some more, adjusting my stops, etc. Now, I've got a nice profit, and my stops are set at levels that will assure me a profit if they are all hit...a ...
- JBed: @DAN $AUPH Sounds like a lot of fun, Dan!
- Danzguy: @DAN $AUPH The day trading board that I follow is going nuts on $AUPH today. Also $OCRX and others.
- valerie: @Danzguy $AUPH $OCRX , can I ask what is the trading board you follow? BTW - love your handle, danzguy, I'm a danzgirl, :-))
- driverdev: @DAN $AUPH This is exactly how I traded $SNAP on the opening day. In the morning I watched the 1m and 5m charts and as the day wore on I switched back and forth between the 1m, 5m, and 15m charts to get a better perspective. Worked great and I didn't feel like I needed to watch it every second since I had stops and alerts. I had alerts set at lower and higher prices. If stock was moving above my alert, then I re-evaluated my stops and made adjustments as needed and set new alerts. Rinse and repeat.
- Motorman: @Woodman $auph just saw it, nice move since morning
- Motorman: @woodman $BRS Saw your post last week and yesterday, was not able to execute trade, but looking to start ,thanks. BTW $AUPH bounce off 200.
- Motorman: @Woodman $auph got in on Friday just checked and up nicely
- woodman: @Motorman $auph Darn, it's off my radar scree. Nice job!
- Motorman: @woodman $auph Sorry, slipped my mind, day job. Actually bought AH Friday.
- Motorman: @tjv821 $trxc Yes, following $AUPH success, I got into $TRXC both @woodman posts, thanks @woodman
|Stock Price||$USD 6.10|
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company. Its focused on the development of its novel therapeutic immunomodulating drug candidate, voclosporin, for the treatment of lupus nephritis.Request Video of AUPH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 40.38 106.09%
- $USD 16.20 53.37%
- $USD 38.55 21.86%
- $USD 6.87 -37.84%
- $USD 12.13 -33.28%
- $USD 27.40 -32.12%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!