Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ:AVGO)
Old Forum Content for AVGOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings: $NKE $DRI $CCL In a Squeeze: $GOGL $EXPE $HCA $ALXN $LQD $ADP Breaking out: $CL $OEC $EMN $FISV $TWX $VAC $GES $HPE $CLDX $ANET - bearish engulfing after new high $BMA - phase 2 $EA $ATVI - breaking down from squeeze $XAR - defense stocks seeing pullback, even with N Korea issues $MCO - working $MON - working $ABT $HD - new high after flag New lows - $DGX $INCY CHinese stocks taking a hit - $FXI $BABA BIDU SINA EDU TAL $PYPL $SQ $V - getting sold today $XLK - tech stocks took a big hit $MSFT $AVGO $LRCX $XLI - extended $EEM - dropped $GDX - finding support Oil stocks still running $MOD $LEA $DAN - auto parts working IPOs $AKCA $SOI
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- grcjr: $AVGO down 3.1% today. Down to (hopefully) support. I'm not seeing any news.
- mariner: $AVGO Anyone have any idea why this is down so much today
- mradams0621: @mariner $AVGO from the Fly (not exactly news, but it's all they got) com: Technical View: Broadcom breaks uptrend support line The hand-drawn uptrend support line that has been in place throughout this year was broken today when price fell below the $246 area. This move is technically bearish for future price. At the current price of $242.08, next support is at the $240 area and then at $238.93. Resistance is at the $246 area
- jwstich: @mariner $AVGO I have not found anything either. Now at new low. I am watching and waiting. Considering options.
- Bridget: $AVGO is breaking down along with $SWKS. Stay away from these.
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- traderbren: $AVGO - back above 50dma, and getting a bid the AM.
- Henry: $AVGO a wild child today; post earnings
- Bridget: $AVGO is breaking down below the 50dMA after a failed breakout. This is the third breakdown of the 50dMA in the last 3 months. This is looking toppy.
- Bridget: #Notes: $ADSK - gap and run, but now consolidating above squeeze $MRVL - gap and run on earnings $AVGO - failed breakout, now breaking lower $CRM - another new high $WLK - working but too late to enter here $FXE - breakout on volume $TSCO - inverse head and shoulders $VZ - in a squeeze $DPZ - breaking down. weekly topping pattern $JD - failed at 50dMA, now moving lower $TAL $WB - topping $EDU - pulled back to 50dMA $HCC - ipo new high
- tigerjohn8: $AVGO today is earning day. sold half of my position. Nervous about other half, although kinda small
- DAN: $AVGO $VEEV -- don't forget that AVGO and VEEV report earnings after the bell.
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLP and some $XRT getting crushed on AMZN news. $COST $KR $TGT $WMT $SFM Seemed to take $KHC $K $MDLZ $HAIN $SJM $CAG down with it Earnings moves today: $PVH - gap up but spinning top $ANF - gap up $DLTR - gap and crap $HPQ - set new 52 week high, then pulled back $HRL - down big but bounced Earnings AMC and BMO: $VEEV $AVGO $GME $ULTA $CCI - working $SODA - good volume, decent buy point $DVMT - new high $SC - breakout $COL - new high $USCR - breaking down IPOs $PETQ - still up buy swings pretty big $AKCA - working, but day 3
- Bridget: $AVGO making a move higher. ER tomorrow AMC.
- Bridget: $AVGO and $SMH threatening to break support at the 50dMA
- Bridget: Notes: Many stocks breaking down from squeezes. $IWM and RUT hit hard. VIX up big. Market is looking very toppy. $XLF doesn't look too bad but $KRE is much worse $XLI and $XHB breaking down Breaking down- $W $NTES $CRM $BX $AMGN $IBB $CELG $SMH, also $AVGO $TTD $ARCC $GLW $MDSO $MELI $VEEV IPOs INVH PLNT
- steve71: $AVGO HOD
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- JBed: $AVGO showing RS today. Interesting to see which names bounced, and which didn't. ($MOMO anyone?)
- Sher: @geotheo $NVDA $AVGO $MSFT $AMZN $V $MA $JNJ $MCD $ADSK $ADBE $LRCX $ATVI $GD $CMSCA $ISRG - Thanks for sharing - I tend to "tune him out" a lot of the time... Actually, I tune out a number of CNBCers...
- geotheo: Crammer's Top 15 Stocks to buy because of Comey and Brits on pullback/ hysteria 1) $NVDA 2) $AVGO 3) $MSFT 4) $AMZN 5) $V / $MA 6) $JNJ 7) $MCD 8) $ADSK / $ADBE 9) $LRCX 10) $ATVI 11) $GD 12) $CMSCA 13) $ISRG
- RedLeaf1: @geotheo $NVDA $AVGO $MSFT $AMZN $V $MA $JNJ $MCD $ADSK $ADBE $LRCX $ATVI $GD $CMSCA $ISRG Thanks for the list.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $SWKS $AVGO - Best of the morning to you. With the $AAPL downgrade, this "might" be an opportunity to add. The stock is down about $0.80 in the premarket. Although $AAPL seldom gives us a clear picture, the World Wide Developer conference is coming and may show some indications of new products. Also news that $AAPL is joining a bid with Foxonn to buy Toshiba's semiconductor business could give $AAPL better margins and supply. I am also waiting to see what is happening with the new iPhone. I do find the action in $SWKS, $AVGO, and others to be indicators. I'm not saying buy RHRN, just watch to see if a buy opportunity works out.
- grcjr: $AVGO $AAPL $AMAT others - based on big earnings report by $AVGO (and upgrades) I'm watching for a possible 59 minute trade at the open. Also watching for pin action on $AAPL and other. Long: $AAPL $AVGO $AMAT
- grcjr: $AVGO - I did not go for a 59 min trade. Signal/Confirm weak IMHO. After the stock inched above the early HOD I added a nibble to my long position. Now at new all time high.
bsafriet: $VEEV $AVGO $NEWT $NTES $CC $LOGM $CGNX
$VEEV long the Sept $60.00 calls, new position. Will make this a diag call spread when a suitable strike develops. Existing Jun and Jul exp options do not meet my criteria at this time.
$AVGO STO Jun $260 ca ...
- champ: $AVGO @ $241 ---- Watching .....this stock could bounce going into earnings today after the close...upgrade and a new target of $260 today.
- Henry: $AVGO I'm watching FM on delay and AVGO has gone up 4 points while I've been watching
- grcjr: $AVGO set to open at new highs. Up about $3. Long.
- grcjr: $AVGO $ADI $GOOGL $SBAC $CHKP $SWKS $WDC $NFLX $NVDA $TSLA $AMZN $KLAC $CMCSA $MU $LRCX - new highs (52 week or more) from the Nasdaq 100.
- rem2088: My account is taking quite the hit today. Profits in $AMZN , $AVGO and $NFLX all but erased.
$AEIS $AAOI $AVGO $PRAH $VEEV $SHOP - all these are working
$SINA / $WB - working
$IDXX - at a good buy point
$YELP - broken stock. Might get oversold bounce but lots of overhead resistance above $32.
$NVDA - gap and run to new all time high
$EA- a ...
- MtChet: $AVGO - Broke resistance and at a new hi. Started a new position at 228
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AVGO Broadcom Limited. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AVGO&clip=85329
- cmaxwel1: @MtChet $AVGO (added)
- traderbren: $AVGO -- seeing interest in $AVGO...back above 50 dma
- Argyle: $AVGO Going green.
- DAN: $MCHP $MRCY $MPWR $CAVM $AVGO $ULTA -- $MCHP still squeezing. $MRCY -- rebounding off 50-day moving average. $MPWR -- still in a solid uptrend. At the middle of the trading channel, with support at the 20-day moving average. $CAVM also squeezing with support at $70. $IDCC is squeezing...though it appears to be a broken stock. Might consider it if it pushes above $87. Otherwise...nope. $AVGO -- holding in trading range. Nothing to do except hold it. It's consolidating, which is healthy. $ULTA -- still holding in consolidation between $280 and $290.
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $GDX $UUP $ULTA $MTN $FIZZ $SHLD $WLDN $FNSR $ACIA $OCLR $PAY $ZUMZ $IBB $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH $XLK $SMH $AMD $AVGO $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV $MRVL $RMP $ZIOP $HOG $PII $T $AON $HTZ $RH $PANW (big volume on $PANW). Adding on monday
$XLK - tech and semis still doing well $SMH $AMD $AVGO
Working: $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV
$MRVL - breaking out on volume about Investor's Day in NYC
$RMP - got added to the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index. Volume spiked more than 5X
$ZIOP - ...
Working: $AVGO $OA $ATVI $FB $AMAT $MO $LLY
$ABM - Now starting phase 2 of this vol squeeze
$PNRA - new 52 week high, coming out of high base
$EXPE - bit of a cup and handle breakout
$FIZZ - gap and run on earnings. Makers of LaCroix which is a bi ...
- debeers: $MU-The single best predictor I have ever found of what a stock is going to do is what it has done in the past. I waited and waited to add to my $MU hoping for them raising guidance at the earnings of 3/23. It was way better than I could have hoped: they raised guidance BEFORE their report. The one year returns for $MU are 111.5% and the 3 year is 2.1% in the depth of the recession but the 5 year return is 185.7%. It will crush earnings and has been completely unfazed by the doom and gloom crowd. I only have 2 semis--$AVGO and$MU and I stick with them "not for just a year, not for just a day, but always" and there have been a few rough patches but these 2 are champs in the semi space in my opinion.
- michaelH: @debeers $MU $AVGO Got on board $MU at 23.50, with the plan to add on a breakout. Would you add here, or is it too late?
- inthesticks: @michaelH $MU $AVGO I'm the same boat ... starter position a few weeks ago and was planning to add on BO.
- captron: @debeers $MU $AVGO I have held $MU also. It sits right below $MO in my long term. Two of the best employees I have.
- Trixie: @inthesticks $MU $AVGO $MU I think the Q is how long would one like to be in the trade? As i see $MU is just uptrending and has been for a little while, is this really a b/o or just taking out the last high? if you add now, do you hold all the way do ...
- debeers: @captron $MU $AVGO $MO ...................Totally agree with you, cappy, I promote my best employees, I sure don't fire them!
- debeers: @michaelH $MU $AVGO -The single best answer to this is some advice from DAN--add to uptrending stocks on pullbacks. I added anyway because, with earnings on 3/23, I think it will run into earnings--not every day but this is an ace performer like $AVGO.
- debeers: @Trixie $MU $AVGO -thanks .
- inthesticks: @Trixie $MU $AVGO Thanks!
- issues: @Trixie $MU $AVGO Very insightful comments. Thank you Trix-Kim-bo! Healthy happy day to you!
- grcjr: $AVGO - great earnings report. Up in the premarket. Price target raised to $250 from $220 by Susquehanna and Raymond James. JPMorgan raised target to $260.
- champ: $AVGO @ $216.85 the high was $225.....watching and the stock has been slowly dropping all morning. Before earnings the stock was @ around $215.
- champ: $WDC ---- $STX @ $49.50 ---- Watching now... at 52 week high...they will be Presenting today at the Morgan Stanley Tech Conference at 2:10 ET.....could BreakOut....I had a post yesterday and I added....also watching it's big brother $WDC...the same could also happen and I also added yesterday on my post.....I'm also holding a position in $MU...I'm out all the others....for now......but $AVGO reports today in the AH's but NP now and it's up also..
- Robert1965: @champ $WDC $STX $MU $AVGO $WDC $STX, been watching since $MU took off today
- bwcarnation1: $AVGO up 4% on E....sold this one much too soon
- elgie: $SWKS and $AVGO: Dan/anybody can you comment on these. Both in similar patterns, something like a flag, consolidation with slight upward bias after a big run up. Would anybody buy these now? SWKS usually follows AAPL on big moves but not this time. Maybe that tells me to stay away.
- DrScience: @elgie $SWKS $AVGO I think $AVGO has more potential for an upside move simply because they've yet to report earnings. On the flipside, Broadcom was repriced with Skyworks earnings release and the risk in holding a position over $AVGO earnings, IMO, is to the downside. Still, I'd be a buyer of either on a 7-10% pullback.
- vfr777: $AVGO Breaking below the 8ema and volume since Jan. declining. Took profit.
- cmaxwel1: @vfr777 $AVGO Out of 1/2 half
- vfr777: $AVGO $AMD @DrScience $AVGO making ATH at 206.60 $AMD losing some steam at $12.20. Don't know if it will break the resistance of the December high of $12.42
- DrScience: @vfr777 $AVGO still has a month before earnings release, and $SWKS/$AAPL reports helped. CMF confirming a move higher, but volume is falling. Latecomers chasing or bears covering ahead of the weekend -- maybe both. $AMD Yesterday's high of 12.66 now the mark to beat. Volume back to normal RHRN, and CMF not confirming a move higher -- yet.
- vfr777: @DrScience $AVGO $SWKS $AAPL $AMD holding on. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- DrScience: $AVGO moving in a bullish flag pattern, above yesterday's high.
- bwcarnation1: $AVGO sold much too soon now 202...my biggest problem
- rem2088: @bwcarnation1 $AVGO You and me both.
- cmaxwel1: @rem2088 $AVGO (still in)
- bwcarnation1: @cmaxwel1 $AVGO congrats on holding!
- bwcarnation1: $AVGO still going
- DrScience: @rck89 $SWKS $AAPL I think @woodman has a list of movers in the $SMH space you'll like. Also, remember we have a position in $AVGO which has outperformed $SWKS -- and just about everybody else -- over the past year.
- steve71: $AVGO Day 3 Ringing the register
DrScience: @steve71 $AVGO Missed that you were long the name. I think this discussion on OMM would help those who want to stay in a name that's breaking from a weekly as well as a daily volatility squeeze.
@Henry $AVGO To add to the "Trade Flash" dis ...
- steve71: $AVGO continues to look strong, on good volume. Adding @ 185.82.
- steve71: $AVGO ATH, strong to the wire.
- champ: @steve71 $AVGO @ $184.85 ...Yes...new YTDH...RHRN...really working.
- debeers: @DAN -all the infra trades are working. $X, $STLD, $NUE working as are a couple of select semis, notably $AVGO & $LRCX. When you can, would you please take a peek. I
3. $AVGO – forming 5-month base. Growth stock.
4. $SWKS – Alert $80. Tied to Apple (IMHO)
5. $AMAT – semi equip. Growth picking up in last 2 quarters.
6. $KLAC – breakout from squeeze. Light volume. 50-day MA support. ...
- vfr777: $AVGO has priced a private offering of more than $13B in debt, in several tranches. The offer is expected to close Jan. 19. I have a position. Does anyone know what means to the equity?
- champ: @vfr777 $AVGO ---- I sold first thing this morning...don't really know what it means...but I'm out for now.
- vfr777: @champ $AVGO thanks Champ. I have a stop further down, but I'll see how it unfolds today.
- champ: @vfr777 $AVGO ---I like the stock but I moved the $$$$ over to $IBM this morning because of that upgrade that I posted about...just saying my reason why.
- issues: @vfr777 $AVGO I'll bet your stop is at $173.75?
- vfr777: @issues $AVGO $173.29 lol
- cmaxwel1: $AVGO started.
- champ: $AVGO @ $179 ...still working ....I had a new spec swing yesterday and posted .....but only because of @Dan...I have not been following this stock...but Dan has.....and I'm following it now....
- steve71: $AVGO Adding
- champ: $GOOGL $AMGN $AGN $AVGO --- Some New day trades this morning around the lows ...all are working....for now ...I would like to swing 1/2 on ea.....?....but the market needs to hold and these stocks need to climb going into the close.
For example this week's IBD 50 included these new symbols: $GNTX $STMP $TREX $UTHR which replaced $AVGO $MTSI $NTES $URI. I also note that the ratings of some stocks increase or decrease. For example this week the industry group for $GS (changed fro ...
$AVGO -- holding $18. Kind of a choppy pattern, but the company is well-positioned to continue its growth spurt.
$Z -- still working on al really nice cup-pattern that goes back to August.
$ANIP -- low-volume breakout from a volatility squeeze. I ...
- JoeScreenwriter: @DAN $TSLA $YELP $MLM $PYPL $AVGO $Z $ANIP $UNH $NVDA $ETE #1 $ANIP is ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc, an integrated specialty pharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing branded and generic prescription pharmaceuticals.
- DAN: @JoeScreenwriter $TSLA $YELP $MLM $PYPL $AVGO $Z $ANIP $UNH $NVDA $ETE #1 Thanks for that, Joe. Really appreciate the info.
- sierramp: @DAN $TSLA $YELP $MLM $PYPL $AVGO $Z $ANIP $UNH $NVDA $ETE #1 Thank you for this update. I was reluctant to get into $NVDA because it is so far out of the squeeze. I've started a small position with a stop at prior day low for protection. I'm concerned about January also but read your note on that.
- DAN: @sierramp $TSLA $YELP $MLM $PYPL $AVGO $Z $ANIP $UNH $NVDA $ETE #1 Admittedly not a "safe" buy point because it is so extended. So it is more speculative. Definitely a stock that I'm "chasing." I accept that, and am factoring that into my position size and risk tolerance. Kind of makes me nervous, so I'm not at all being aggressive.
bsafriet: $PLAY $OLLI $FNSR $AVGO $DIS
I'd bought calls for $PLAY, $OLLI, $FNSR and $AVGO Monday for earnings play. Sold $PLAY position Weds at open for a nice gain. Still holding $OllI Jan-20 $30/$35 vertical call spread position. Currently a loss and I'm ...
|Stock Price||$USD 266.39|
Avago Technologies Ltd. is engaged in manufacturing semiconductor products such as optoelectronics, radio-frequency and microwave components, and application-specific integrated circuits.Request Video of AVGO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 28th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 9.64 114.42%
- $USD 32.39 26.50%
- $USD 12.90 26.27%
- $USD 32.07 -20.02%
- $USD 6.83 -14.55%
- $USD 35.03 -14.53%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!