Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ:AVGO)
Old Forum Content for AVGOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
grcjr: @grcjr $QCOM $AVGO The Federal Trade Commission is investigating whether semiconductor company Broadcom Ltd.(AVGO) engaged in anticompetitive tactics in negotiations with customers, people familiar with the matter said.
The probe, which has been goi ...
- grcjr: @grcjr $QCOM $AVGO "per sources" FTC Probe Doesn't Focus on Broadcom's Wireless Segment
- grcjr: $AVGO response (sorry about the caps) * BROADCOM LTD SAYS "FTC REVIEW IS IMMATERIAL TO OUR BUSINESS, DOES NOT RELATE TO WIRELESS AND HAS NO IMPACT ON OUR PROPOSAL TO ACQUIRE QUALCOMM"
- grcjr: $AVGO - Chart appears to be a failed breakout. Giving it time to try again.
- bwcarnation1: @grcjr $AVGO most of the semis I quoted today aren't doing much in a positive way
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are showing a flat open today after a strong start to 2018. I'd like to say something insightful this morning, but I'm "insight depleted." So this morning, I'll just make note of a few stocks discussed last nigh ...
- Wolf: $AVGO Starting to squeeze. Moved through the 20DMA and is testing the 50DMA. Long starter, will look to add if it holds above 265.00.
- Bridget: #Notes: FAANG stocks seeing a pop today for the first trading day of the year Chinese stocks seeing a pop $FXI $BABA $BIDU $WB $WUBA $SINA $EDU $ATHM Oil stocks still moving higher. $ETP $BP So is solar $TAN $CBOE / $ICE / $CME - still seeing a pullback $XME $XLB - metals and materials starting off the year with a bang $AKS $CLF $IBB - so is biotech $SMH - still trading sideways $IYT - new high, $FDX $UPS moving up big $XLY hits new high as $XLU continues to sell off $GSK $WRK - breaking out of a squeeze In a squeeze: $HOG $CSCO $AVGO $GLW $AMGN $ADBE $COST $DWDP $DXC $HON $BMY IPOs $LOMA - new high $SEND - new high, but pulled back $MTCH - working $SOI - working
- steve71: $NXPI $SMH This might be too cute to work, but just set up a pairs trade. Long NXP at 117.34 and short $SMH at 98.28. A couple of my Qualcomm friends SWEAR that $QCOM will raise its offer for $NXPI. (Not inside info, just talk.) Only 2% of NXP shares have been tendered, as most holders think the company is worth much more. $AVGO is trying to buy $QCOM and are willing to take it with the NXP acquisition AT THE CURRENT PRICE. But Broadcom has not said that they will continue if $QCOM raises the bid for $NXPI. So the bet is that the bid for $NXPI goes to $135.
- Wolf: $MU Held over earnings. Up 3.00, but a little concerned that $ADBE, $AVGO, $ORCL all beat and were up big pre-market and then sold off the next day.
- Wolf: @Henry $MU I know, but they also raised $ADBE and $AVGO PT.
- Wolf: $AVGO Up 2.3%. Reversal off the 50DMA. May be a low risk entry. Long starter.
- Ajax4Hire: $SMH = $TSM $INTC $QCOM $MU $NVDA $TXN $AMAT $ASML $AVGO $LRCX $ADI $NXPI $MCHP $SWKS $XLNX $INTC - Intel is hovering above the 50day-MA, seems to be curving back up; or do my eyes deceive me? $TXN - Texas Instruments is in a low volatility, moving sideways plateau; I have a personal affinity for TI, use their stuff whenever I can. $AVGO wants to buy $QCOM who is buying $NXPI. This three-way dance is definitely going to make $NXPI board members rich(er); $AVGO and $QCOM board members talking smack. $AAPL, a big consumer of Broadcom, Qualcomm and NXP silicon may be the big winner. This is my long way around narrowing down to $INTC and $TXN. Buying $INTC 2018-01Jan $44 calls for $0.92; will sell if falls below 50day-MA.
- grcjr: @Wolf $AVGO - (late reply ... sorry) I held over. Should have sold next morning at the open.
- traderbren: $AVGO - gap & crap today. Just closed the gap.
- Wolf: @grcjr $AVGO I had BTO 12/8 272.5 @ 2.40. I had my finger on the mouse to short it @279, but got greedy. Hindsight is 20/20. Made a couple of bucks on my spread and closed the call for about a buck. Looking to start a position when it finds bottom.
- grcjr: $AVGO earnings after the bell today.
- Wolf: @grcjr $AVGO Anyone holding over earnings? Long 12/15 260/270 Bu CS.
- Wolf: $AVGO Looks like they beat by .07. Ranging from 260.00 to 270.00 after hours.
- Wolf: $AVGO @Dan any expectation on price action after beating by .07?
12. $AVGO – topping? Look at selling volume over last 2 days.
14. $BABA – breaking down from squeeze.
15. $MSFT – breaking DOWN from squeeze.
16. $SQ – this was indeed a blow-off top. Once it’s broken like ...
- traderbren: $AVGO -- looks constructive based on today's move. NP.
- Wolf: $AVGO $FB Starter positions @ 270 and 175.
- Henry: $AVGO Breaking out
$AVGO – moving higher. Institutional buying in early November. This is continuation. When stock breaks out on high volume and pulls back on low volume, it’s bullish.
$GBTC – can “play” BTC this way…but really hor ...
- grcjr: From Supercomputing 2017 (SC17): simple summary (more later) Huge amount of coverage of Deep Learning/Artificial Intelligence by vendors and users. Including a bit about the dangers, particularly hacking and spoofing these systems. Bullish: $NVDA, $INTC, $NVDA $MU, ... and did I mention $NVDA (they had over 250 employees at the conference) ? Semi bullish to neutral side note: $AAPL, $AVGO, $QCOM, $NXPI ... Although none of these were present, there was a lot of 1 on 1 and small group discussion about these. Neutral: $AMD (although the collaboration with $INTC using the $AMD graphics chip may work out), Bearish: $IBM, $HPE I'll post a bit more over the next week as I finish my notes.
- DAN: @grcjr $NVDA $INTC $MU $AAPL $AVGO $QCOM $NXPI $AMD $IBM $HPE Great information, grcjr. Really appreciate you sharing this with us, and I look forward to your notes. $-)
1. $QCOM – rejecting offer from AVGO. Market thinks company is now worth more.
2. $AVGO – has pulled back $15. Buying opp? No edge. Will company raise offer?
3. $NVDA – Growth stock. Peaking?
4. $ICHR – Growth stock. Go ...
- bwcarnation1: $AVGO is this up on more likely not getting $QCOM at 70, or up on going after $QCOM even if they have to pay more??
- traderbren: $AVGO - STC the Dec $270 call on this morning's pop. The moolah was just too enticing. ;-)
- bwcarnation1: $AVGO thinking of buying $QCOM news
- sierramp: @bwcarnation1 $AVGO $QCOM Thanks, you saw that before I did.
- traderbren: $AVGO -- falling back. NP - thankfully I got on the 31st.
- traderbren: @traderbren $AVGO - a post to myself as I just got back into $AVGO on this sell off. Long.
- grcjr: $AVGO - New 52+ week high. Day 3 but still moving up. Watching for an opportunity to add more.
- traderbren: $AVGO -- looks like it needs to rest as it rolls down. STC Dec $250 calls as i was up big on this 3 day move.
- MtChet: $AVGO - Breakout to All Time Hi
- grcjr: $INTC $AVGO $AMZN $MCHP $AAPL $NRZ $NVDA all with 52+ week new highs.
- Bridget: $AVGO breaking out
$AVGO - breakout from this downtrend
$ATVI - breakout from downtrend, ER on 11/2
$EOG - breakout from tight squeeze, ER on 11/2
$UPS $FDX - breaking out of squeeze
$PAYX - breaking out on the weekly
$ICLR - phase 2, giving you an entry
$DWDP - phas ...
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings: $NKE $DRI $CCL In a Squeeze: $GOGL $EXPE $HCA $ALXN $LQD $ADP Breaking out: $CL $OEC $EMN $FISV $TWX $VAC $GES $HPE $CLDX $ANET - bearish engulfing after new high $BMA - phase 2 $EA $ATVI - breaking down from squeeze $XAR - defense stocks seeing pullback, even with N Korea issues $MCO - working $MON - working $ABT $HD - new high after flag New lows - $DGX $INCY CHinese stocks taking a hit - $FXI $BABA BIDU SINA EDU TAL $PYPL $SQ $V - getting sold today $XLK - tech stocks took a big hit $MSFT $AVGO $LRCX $XLI - extended $EEM - dropped $GDX - finding support Oil stocks still running $MOD $LEA $DAN - auto parts working IPOs $AKCA $SOI
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- grcjr: $AVGO down 3.1% today. Down to (hopefully) support. I'm not seeing any news.
- mariner: $AVGO Anyone have any idea why this is down so much today
- mradams0621: @mariner $AVGO from the Fly (not exactly news, but it's all they got) com: Technical View: Broadcom breaks uptrend support line The hand-drawn uptrend support line that has been in place throughout this year was broken today when price fell below the $246 area. This move is technically bearish for future price. At the current price of $242.08, next support is at the $240 area and then at $238.93. Resistance is at the $246 area
- jwstich: @mariner $AVGO I have not found anything either. Now at new low. I am watching and waiting. Considering options.
- Bridget: $AVGO is breaking down along with $SWKS. Stay away from these.
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- traderbren: $AVGO - back above 50dma, and getting a bid the AM.
- Henry: $AVGO a wild child today; post earnings
- Bridget: $AVGO is breaking down below the 50dMA after a failed breakout. This is the third breakdown of the 50dMA in the last 3 months. This is looking toppy.
- Bridget: #Notes: $ADSK - gap and run, but now consolidating above squeeze $MRVL - gap and run on earnings $AVGO - failed breakout, now breaking lower $CRM - another new high $WLK - working but too late to enter here $FXE - breakout on volume $TSCO - inverse head and shoulders $VZ - in a squeeze $DPZ - breaking down. weekly topping pattern $JD - failed at 50dMA, now moving lower $TAL $WB - topping $EDU - pulled back to 50dMA $HCC - ipo new high
- tigerjohn8: $AVGO today is earning day. sold half of my position. Nervous about other half, although kinda small
- DAN: $AVGO $VEEV -- don't forget that AVGO and VEEV report earnings after the bell.
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLP and some $XRT getting crushed on AMZN news. $COST $KR $TGT $WMT $SFM Seemed to take $KHC $K $MDLZ $HAIN $SJM $CAG down with it Earnings moves today: $PVH - gap up but spinning top $ANF - gap up $DLTR - gap and crap $HPQ - set new 52 week high, then pulled back $HRL - down big but bounced Earnings AMC and BMO: $VEEV $AVGO $GME $ULTA $CCI - working $SODA - good volume, decent buy point $DVMT - new high $SC - breakout $COL - new high $USCR - breaking down IPOs $PETQ - still up buy swings pretty big $AKCA - working, but day 3
- Bridget: $AVGO making a move higher. ER tomorrow AMC.
- Bridget: $AVGO and $SMH threatening to break support at the 50dMA
- Bridget: Notes: Many stocks breaking down from squeezes. $IWM and RUT hit hard. VIX up big. Market is looking very toppy. $XLF doesn't look too bad but $KRE is much worse $XLI and $XHB breaking down Breaking down- $W $NTES $CRM $BX $AMGN $IBB $CELG $SMH, also $AVGO $TTD $ARCC $GLW $MDSO $MELI $VEEV IPOs INVH PLNT
- steve71: $AVGO HOD
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- JBed: $AVGO showing RS today. Interesting to see which names bounced, and which didn't. ($MOMO anyone?)
- Sher: @geotheo $NVDA $AVGO $MSFT $AMZN $V $MA $JNJ $MCD $ADSK $ADBE $LRCX $ATVI $GD $CMSCA $ISRG - Thanks for sharing - I tend to "tune him out" a lot of the time... Actually, I tune out a number of CNBCers...
- geotheo: Crammer's Top 15 Stocks to buy because of Comey and Brits on pullback/ hysteria 1) $NVDA 2) $AVGO 3) $MSFT 4) $AMZN 5) $V / $MA 6) $JNJ 7) $MCD 8) $ADSK / $ADBE 9) $LRCX 10) $ATVI 11) $GD 12) $CMSCA 13) $ISRG
- RedLeaf1: @geotheo $NVDA $AVGO $MSFT $AMZN $V $MA $JNJ $MCD $ADSK $ADBE $LRCX $ATVI $GD $CMSCA $ISRG Thanks for the list.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $SWKS $AVGO - Best of the morning to you. With the $AAPL downgrade, this "might" be an opportunity to add. The stock is down about $0.80 in the premarket. Although $AAPL seldom gives us a clear picture, the World Wide Developer conference is coming and may show some indications of new products. Also news that $AAPL is joining a bid with Foxonn to buy Toshiba's semiconductor business could give $AAPL better margins and supply. I am also waiting to see what is happening with the new iPhone. I do find the action in $SWKS, $AVGO, and others to be indicators. I'm not saying buy RHRN, just watch to see if a buy opportunity works out.
- grcjr: $AVGO $AAPL $AMAT others - based on big earnings report by $AVGO (and upgrades) I'm watching for a possible 59 minute trade at the open. Also watching for pin action on $AAPL and other. Long: $AAPL $AVGO $AMAT
- grcjr: $AVGO - I did not go for a 59 min trade. Signal/Confirm weak IMHO. After the stock inched above the early HOD I added a nibble to my long position. Now at new all time high.
bsafriet: $VEEV $AVGO $NEWT $NTES $CC $LOGM $CGNX
$VEEV long the Sept $60.00 calls, new position. Will make this a diag call spread when a suitable strike develops. Existing Jun and Jul exp options do not meet my criteria at this time.
$AVGO STO Jun $260 ca ...
- champ: $AVGO @ $241 ---- Watching .....this stock could bounce going into earnings today after the close...upgrade and a new target of $260 today.
- Henry: $AVGO I'm watching FM on delay and AVGO has gone up 4 points while I've been watching
- grcjr: $AVGO set to open at new highs. Up about $3. Long.
- grcjr: $AVGO $ADI $GOOGL $SBAC $CHKP $SWKS $WDC $NFLX $NVDA $TSLA $AMZN $KLAC $CMCSA $MU $LRCX - new highs (52 week or more) from the Nasdaq 100.
- rem2088: My account is taking quite the hit today. Profits in $AMZN , $AVGO and $NFLX all but erased.
$AEIS $AAOI $AVGO $PRAH $VEEV $SHOP - all these are working
$SINA / $WB - working
$IDXX - at a good buy point
$YELP - broken stock. Might get oversold bounce but lots of overhead resistance above $32.
$NVDA - gap and run to new all time high
$EA- a ...
- MtChet: $AVGO - Broke resistance and at a new hi. Started a new position at 228
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AVGO Broadcom Limited. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AVGO&clip=85329
- cmaxwel1: @MtChet $AVGO (added)
- traderbren: $AVGO -- seeing interest in $AVGO...back above 50 dma
- Argyle: $AVGO Going green.
- DAN: $MCHP $MRCY $MPWR $CAVM $AVGO $ULTA -- $MCHP still squeezing. $MRCY -- rebounding off 50-day moving average. $MPWR -- still in a solid uptrend. At the middle of the trading channel, with support at the 20-day moving average. $CAVM also squeezing with support at $70. $IDCC is squeezing...though it appears to be a broken stock. Might consider it if it pushes above $87. Otherwise...nope. $AVGO -- holding in trading range. Nothing to do except hold it. It's consolidating, which is healthy. $ULTA -- still holding in consolidation between $280 and $290.
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $GDX $UUP $ULTA $MTN $FIZZ $SHLD $WLDN $FNSR $ACIA $OCLR $PAY $ZUMZ $IBB $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH $XLK $SMH $AMD $AVGO $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV $MRVL $RMP $ZIOP $HOG $PII $T $AON $HTZ $RH $PANW (big volume on $PANW). Adding on monday
$XLK - tech and semis still doing well $SMH $AMD $AVGO
Working: $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV
$MRVL - breaking out on volume about Investor's Day in NYC
$RMP - got added to the Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index. Volume spiked more than 5X
$ZIOP - ...
Working: $AVGO $OA $ATVI $FB $AMAT $MO $LLY
$ABM - Now starting phase 2 of this vol squeeze
$PNRA - new 52 week high, coming out of high base
$EXPE - bit of a cup and handle breakout
$FIZZ - gap and run on earnings. Makers of LaCroix which is a bi ...
- debeers: $MU-The single best predictor I have ever found of what a stock is going to do is what it has done in the past. I waited and waited to add to my $MU hoping for them raising guidance at the earnings of 3/23. It was way better than I could have hoped: they raised guidance BEFORE their report. The one year returns for $MU are 111.5% and the 3 year is 2.1% in the depth of the recession but the 5 year return is 185.7%. It will crush earnings and has been completely unfazed by the doom and gloom crowd. I only have 2 semis--$AVGO and$MU and I stick with them "not for just a year, not for just a day, but always" and there have been a few rough patches but these 2 are champs in the semi space in my opinion.
- michaelH: @debeers $MU $AVGO Got on board $MU at 23.50, with the plan to add on a breakout. Would you add here, or is it too late?
- inthesticks: @michaelH $MU $AVGO I'm the same boat ... starter position a few weeks ago and was planning to add on BO.
- captron: @debeers $MU $AVGO I have held $MU also. It sits right below $MO in my long term. Two of the best employees I have.
- Trixie: @inthesticks $MU $AVGO $MU I think the Q is how long would one like to be in the trade? As i see $MU is just uptrending and has been for a little while, is this really a b/o or just taking out the last high? if you add now, do you hold all the way do ...
- debeers: @captron $MU $AVGO $MO ...................Totally agree with you, cappy, I promote my best employees, I sure don't fire them!
- debeers: @michaelH $MU $AVGO -The single best answer to this is some advice from DAN--add to uptrending stocks on pullbacks. I added anyway because, with earnings on 3/23, I think it will run into earnings--not every day but this is an ace performer like $AVGO.
- debeers: @Trixie $MU $AVGO -thanks .
- inthesticks: @Trixie $MU $AVGO Thanks!
- issues: @Trixie $MU $AVGO Very insightful comments. Thank you Trix-Kim-bo! Healthy happy day to you!
- grcjr: $AVGO - great earnings report. Up in the premarket. Price target raised to $250 from $220 by Susquehanna and Raymond James. JPMorgan raised target to $260.
- champ: $AVGO @ $216.85 the high was $225.....watching and the stock has been slowly dropping all morning. Before earnings the stock was @ around $215.
|Stock Price||$USD 237.12|
Avago Technologies Ltd. is engaged in manufacturing semiconductor products such as optoelectronics, radio-frequency and microwave components, and application-specific integrated circuits.Request Video of AVGO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 31st, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 32.99 23.96%
- $USD 9.69 22.08%
- $USD 9.27 9.14%
- $USD 8.26 -17.71%
- $USD 22.48 -17.39%
- $USD 40.90 -15.67%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!