Berry Global Group Inc. (NYSE:BERY)
Old Forum Content for BERYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $BERY is breaking to a new 52 week after earnings. Right now it is consolidating just above previous resistance.
- Bridget: $BERY broke down out of this squeeze and didn't see a bounce at all today. Same with $STMP.
- Bridget: $PWR and $BERY are both breaking out of their squeezes to the downside.
- Bridget: Notes: Blood bath today $XLK- getting hit $MSFT $IBM $CRM,$WDC, $MCHP $SMH $FB toppy $AMZN - red candle from top to bottom BB $XLF - everything got hit, regionals especially $KRE $IBB - further breakdown $XRT - this worst performer continues to lead to the downside $XLY - big reversal $F $GM $FCAU - all breaking down $BERY - breakdown out of squeeze $PWR - same $VEEV - pullback $HCLP - looks shortable Making bullish moves: $PM RAI $MO - sin stocks still work $ALRM - breaking higher after earnings. Cup pattern on the weekly $SFM - not affected by this market downturn, still seeing buyers $TWO - still working $DNKN $PNRA - another new high $PEP $KO - both moved higher $DUK $SO - $XLU is the defensive sector $ABX - so is gold $JELD - this ipo is working
- atlantadave3: $BERY Looks like it found a bottom. 2 days up, but it is now at 50% Fib from recent daily high to low. @Bridget and @Dan mentioned this on 12/8/16. IMO will start to move if it can get above $50.25. I bought a starter position at $49.85. It is also getting into a tighter squeeze.
$BERY - now in phase 3 of the breakout
$KBH - breakout to new high on the weekly.
$ESRX - breakdown Citron Compares Express Scripts To Philidor: 'Culprit Behind Pharmaceutical Price Gouging'
$INSY getting hit with some bad news today and further ...
19. $BERY – wish I owned more. But not at good entry. Look at weekly chart for trend.
20. $TWTR – still going out of squeeze.
21. $AVGO – beat top/bottom.
22. $LULU – sell this one.
23. $PEB – good dividen ...
- DAN: $BERY -- the company reported much better earnings than anticipated yesterday and the stock broke out pretty convincingly. It's up again this morning, though pulling back a bit as I write this. The operative chart is the weekly chart. You'll see the potential on that chart.
- janner0814: @DAN $BERY cool
- Forexpro: Re: $BERY Hi, Friends, I don't know this ticker from nuthin', but it got a nice boost from $CS (according to Reuters): 26-Aug-2016 09:29:18 AM - BERRY PLASTICS GROUP INC BERY.N: CREDIT SUISSE RAISES TARGET PRICE TO $59.5 FROM $52; RATING OUTPERFORM All the best!
- janner0814: @Dan $TPX and the #COMPELLING #WEEKLY #VS #VOLATILITYSQUEEZE. Not as compelling: yet #potential #WEEKLY #VS: $INFO $BERY. ATO yesterday, #STO #OTM Back month puts on $PXD. BTW, Visit this link with regards to my comments regarding the #PHENOMENA called: #PEAD: http://tinyurl.com/TPXunnoticed The "#LESSCROWDEDTRADES" via ===> http://tinyurl.com/thinkdifferent1997
- 1993dean: Dan what do you think of $BERY
- judysteiner: Some stocks with news today $WTW Oprah elected to 2 yr term $Bery rated new buy at GOldman, up premarket $Jack eps .80 ahead of consensus, up premarket $Himx, up 2%,$WB up
$BERY $DATA $ENDP $PKG $LUK $SO $ORI $BPOP $AFL $PH $HOG
I have no positions in any: $BPOP and $AFL have appeared a few times. $DATA I avoid. I just doing this to keep my skills on edge. When doing this during the week, it's second nature to me.
- dtoce: $BERY Coming back to nice support level at converging MA's (8D EMA and 20D SMA). For those inclined. Disclosure-technical set up only*, I just noticed it on my scan and don't know (or want to know) anything about the company. Just pointing it out.
- bullmoose: $BERY, $CALD, $FB, $AMBA, $MU, $BAC, $WFC - All of these are looking good and I've either added long calls or common to each this morning. $C is another good looking financial chart. $TWTR is very strong but I didn't get filled.
- bullmoose: $BERY, $CALD – Amid the doom and gloom, these two stocks are acting quite well.
- bullmoose: $BERY, $CALD, $QLYS, $COL - I read positive reports on these four stocks yesterday and like the looks of each of their charts. $BERY is forming a nice cup. $CALD is breaking out above the 200-day. $QLYS is breaking out of a squeeze and had a late afternoon power move yesterday. $COL is in a nice flag pattern after breaking out of a squeeze.
- RON: Winners today $FSIC $INFA $ETP $EDU $LLL $FBR $BERY $KO $EMC $CF $AWAY $WIT $HSY $ACE $CODE $RSG $JAH $CMLP $TRUE $VOYA $VRX $COST $WMT $BBY
- bethany: $BERY - IPO strategy...almost at all time high. Thinly traded....would love opinions. Volume picking up over last month
- bethany: $BERY - volume kickin up....has increased for the past month
- bethany: $BERY - IPO all time high today.
- woodman: $BERY - I'm starting to think that the play on on these IPOs like $BERY, in addition to them directly, is in the stock of the company bringing them to market -- that is, Apollo (APO) which has been hitting a lot of home runs of late with the likes of $BERY, $RLGY, $NCLH, etc. And it has a #dividend yield of 17! (I have no idea if that $DY is safe.). It's had a great run, but there may be more left in the tank. It's around the rising 50 day/middle BB now on the most recent pullback, though under the 8 dEMA. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/evertec-idUSL2N0CY25X20130411?feedType=RSS&feedName=financialsSector&rpc=43 http://beta.fool.com/wheckster/2013/04/16/will-this-stock-continue-to-rise/31072/?source=eogyholnk0000001
- woodman: $BERY - something else relative to $BERY, why is a secondary offering needed so soon after the IPO? Also, if I'm not mistaken, $BERY has a ton of debt which they'll need to manage wisely.
- 1Boston330: BERY.@woodman. Chas. S. reports BERY's debt to equity is 2.55, confirming what you say, but Chas. S. gives $BERY and an "A" on fundies. Since 4/5/13 Apollo Global reported to the SEC that they will sell up to 19M shares. BERY's trades only 178K shares a day (avg 10 days.) Am long common small entry and down 15%, but will hold with patience.
- 1Boston330: Rare Moment @BinaryJay. I like your handle! 0's & 1's--pretty good. Congratulations on your success. I hope that you have many more!! My winners today were $BERY, $CELG, $MRK, $QCOM, $CAKE, $C & INTC. $INTC had high volume. gl
- woodman: $BERY - volatility #squeeze at the clustering moving averages. Tomorrow is lockup expiration for this ipo stock. I have no position, but watching it closely.
- woodman: $BERY - Lockup expiration is 4/2. I don't know if the recent weakness is related to this or not. I don't even know what to expect from expiration. Maybe it's meaningless. I've sold my shares, mainly because I want to deploy the cash elsewhere and it looks rollover-ish (though the 50 day is just below and could well be support), but just thought I'd mention the expiration to anyone holding this stock.
- woodman: $BERY - ipo strategy stock. It's squeezing. With all these ipo strategy stocks, it's good to at least know when your lockup expiration date is. For $BERY, it's 4/2 but I don't have a clue what to expect with that in terms of whether it will affect the price.
- 1Boston330: $BERY @woodman. This ipo is squeezing as you say on the intraday and daily charts. Added very small position today at 19.33. $BERY has good fundies for an investment. Long common 1/4 position.
- woodman: $BERY - successful ipo stock and one that #Cramer touts every so often. It has pulled back a little and has been trading weakly as of late. The BBs are tightening - on a percentage basis, I think they are tighter now than ever before and may well get tighter. It may be setting up for a move next week... perhaps. Keep it on your watch list. I'm long a little of this stock.
- dpfletcher2012: $BERY - Nice looking chart.
- woodman: $BERY - one of my ipo strategy stocks. Been happy with it.
- ginny: $BERY IPO all time high again today
- woodman: $BERY - Lovin' this one!
- boba: $BERY - A little hard to understand with the quarterly $ down. Do you think this has more upside?
- woodman: $BERY @boba - honestly, I'm trading the chart and riding the wave. Also, #Cramer likes the company/stock, which helps, but he does provide a few cautions to consider, such as debt/balance sheet issues and the big ownership stake of Apollo should they decide to sell. http://www.#cnbc.com/id/100398425 You can keep these cautions in mind as you review (if you care to review) this transcript of the conference call addressing BERY's earnings results. http://seekingalpha.com/article/1151241-berry-plastics-ceo-discusses-f1q2013-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single Also, as to Apollo ownership, I note that the ipo lockup for $BERY expires 4/2/13. So that's a date to keep in mind. http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/berry-plastics-group-inc-724283-69480
- woodman: $BERY @boba - I posted some info under the earlier $BERY thread above. Just figured I'd mention it down here.
- boba: $BERY @woodman - Thanks!
- woodman: $BERY - ipo strategy continues to work.
- 1Boston330: BERY. Up 3.08% #rhrn but on below avg vol. Excellent fundies; reasonable risk; avg. valuation; very good mojo. Watch going into close. Long common. Edit: Thanks for @Woodman's post; didn't see before mine. $BERY ONLY trades 191K shares daily. But, I think that I will add, for the orders are now on average volume. Edit 2: Added 10% at 19.45. David Tepper is into this stock, fwtw.
- 1Boston330: BERY. @woodman. Did you buy or add? Thanks for your posts. $BERY closed very well at 19.47.
- woodman: $BERY @1Boston330 - I didn't add. Life and my trading platform/software all conspired against me today and I was mostly unable to trade except for a few minutes today. I did add to my position last week though.
- ginny: $BERY another spin off company that is working. $ZTS BERY $PSX
- woodman: $BERY - extraordinary - this stock started trading on 10/4/12 and has not closed below the 8 dEMA since 11/9/12.
- woodman: $BERY - successful ipo strategy stock gave a good entry a few days ago and again this morning. #Cramer recently touted it as well. A few of these ipo stocks have been among my best performers. Long BERY.
- woodman: $BERY - I really missed an opportunity with this one. I had been waiting for earnings before buying. This morning gave a great opportunity, but my focus was elsewhere. This has been an ipo strategy winner. I hope someone caught it. I still haven't bought and will wait some more.
- woodman: IPO Scorecard - Love your list @ginny. Thanks a lot for sharing. My current IPOs are $RKUS and $RLGY (both doing well) and CVRR (as of yesterday). I also like $BERY, but haven't yet bought b/c it reports earnings tomorrow (after close).
- woodman: $BERY - successful ipo strategy stock. #Cramer featured it yesterday, so I'd expect a bump today. No position but added to my ipo watchlist.
- mradams0621: ABBV-@Goose Someone else mentioned that before, unless it was you back then also. No, I do not think I have ever posted on yahoo boards. Spent a lot of time reading them before I came here. All I see is garbage posts their now, so I seldom even look. If you like @Dan's IPO "blue sky everyone is a winner" game, J.C. on Mad Money tonight mentioned a high risk reward speck IPO play on $BERY, a packaging company that uses mostly plastic, which is enjoying lower input costs due to low nat. gas prices. I'm tempted to check further.
|Stock Price||$USD 59.61|
Berry Plastics Group, Inc. is a provider of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials with a 30-year track record of delivering high-quality customized solutions to its customers.Request Video of BERY
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 11.15 28.56%
- $USD 6.56 24.59%
- $USD 11.13 16.68%
- $USD 37.35 -15.13%
- $USD 25.29 -14.24%
- $USD 36.39 -12.46%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 51,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (51,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!