Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (NASDAQ:BGFV)
Old Forum Content for BGFVMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- audrina0904: @Sher $SGY $RES $LCI $SHAK $ACIA $CZR $BOOT $ASPS $CRR $AAOI $BOFI $GNC $FRED $UBNT $MNKD $HOS $RH $BGFV $SPKE $SSI $BANC $CAR $NTNX $SRG $JCP Wow, I have been trading $RES each time it would tag the 200dma and its been successful...Amazing to me that I completely ignored the fact that it is so universally shorted...I was just trading probability...If Oil breaks out of this duldrum, I may make $RES a core so to speak.
- Sher: Forgive my lack of spreadsheet skills! Top 25 short interest stocks - 6-27-17 Exchge. / Short Int./ Float / Outstanding $SGY - NYSE 59.78% 967K 20.00M $RES - NYSE 57.72% 57.83M 217.78M $LCI - NYSE 52.86% 27.90M 37.23M $SHAK - NYSE 50.61% 18.37M 25.69M $ACIA - Nasdaq 47.95% 16.96M 38.64M $CZR - Nasdaq 47.47% 54.23M 148.72M $BOOT - NYSE 47.44% 12.81M 26.55M $ASPS - Nasdaq 47.00% 9.18M 18.43M $CRR - NYSE 46.99% 19.82M 27.14M $AAOI - Nasdaq 46.51% 17.92M 19.00M $BOFI - Nasdaq 45.66% 55.79M 63.39M $GNC - NYSE 44.46% 66.44M 68.40M $FRED - Nasdaq 44.34% 35.58M 38.05M $UBNT - Nasdaq 43.11% 22.94M 80.27M $MNKD - Nasdaq 42.71% 60.42M 101.01M $HOS - NYSE 42.33% 31.39M 36.77M $RH - NYSE 42.17% 30.72M 33.15M $BGFV - Nasdaq 40.82% 20.63M 22.15M $SPKE - Nasdaq 40.58% 5.53M 6.49M $SSI - NYSE 40.55% 23.47M 27.35M $BANC - NYSE 40.00% 46.08M 49.98M $CAR - Nasdaq 39.40% 82.26M 84.24M $NTNX - Nasdaq 39.30% 31.34M 49.23M $SRG - NYSE 39.12% 25.39M 28.17M $JCP - NYSE 38.36% 288.63M 309.80M
- shoredriver: @Sher $SGY $RES $LCI $SHAK $ACIA $CZR $BOOT $ASPS $CRR $AAOI $BOFI $GNC $FRED $UBNT $MNKD $HOS $RH $BGFV $SPKE $SSI $BANC $CAR $NTNX $SRG $JCP Thanks for posting...
- Bridget: $BGFV has had a solid move since Jun. I'm wondering if that was also due to Sports Authority's decline. $DKS also started doing well at the same time.
- champ: $DECK - Guy Adami on Fast Money said yesterday ..that he is a buyer. This is going to break a $100 and could be $110 or more by X-Mas. Upgrades still coming in ...all retail is still working $DECK- $UA - $HBI - $LULU - $KORS - $BURL - $BGFV - $GPRO - $JWN - $BABA and $AAPL ...I'm holding and trading around my main positions in these stocks ...way to many but this will all be over by 12/31.
- champ: $XRT - $M sure jump started retail today. Looks like RETAIL could be the best sector play for the rest of 2014 to me. $BABA is also helping. Take your pick....All bouncing ...a lot of low risk stocks to buy. Take a look at $BGFV ...had great earnings on 10/28 and has been bouncing off it's lows just about everyday. Still around 60% below their YTD hi ..last Dec. @ around $20. ...I think it climbs back. Stock is around $13.30. Going to take a new position in this low risk stock RHRN.
Sizing Up Small Caps: Bullish takes on $BCO. Did you know that Brink’s derives 11% of its revenue from Venezuela? I sure didn’t, but now we do. That hasn’t been helpful for earnings, or for the stock, which the article asserts is n ...
- Tim S: EARNINGS AFTER MARKET CLOSE: $AEGN, $AMRS, $ARC, $AVGO, $AXTI, $BGFV, $BOOM, $CBI, $CERS, $CLGX, $CPRT, $DMD, $DWA, $ECPG, $EIX, $FR, $FSLR, $FST, $HEI, $HT, $IL, $JAZZ, $MIDD, $MX, $NDSN, $NFX, $NLY, $OAS, $ORA, $PEGA, $PZZA, $QCOR, $QEP, $RGR, $RRC, $RRD, $SAM, $SBAC, $SLCA, $SPN, $SSS, $VRSK, $WFT, $WIFI, $XCO, ZAGG
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Tuesday's close ACMP, $AFG, $AFL, $AJG, $AMP, $AUY, $BGFV, $BIDU, $BWLD, $BXP, $CACI, $CALX, $CAP, $CBG, $CBI, $CBT, $CEMP, $CLD, $CRL, $CRUS, $CVD, $CZR, $DLB, $DLR, $DWA, $EA, $EIX, $ENTR, $FEIC, $FISV, $FLEX, $GILD, $GNW, $GPRE, $HTS, $IACI, $INVN, $KIM, $LNKD, $LOCK, $LOPE, $MOVE, $MWA, $MX, $NANO, $NBIX, $NUVA, $PRXL, $QCOR, $QGEN, $RBCN, $RPXC, $RRC, $RYL, $SFLY, $SIMG, $SKT, $SM, $SONS, $SWI, $TGI, $TRLA, $TTWO, $UHS, $ULTI, $VPRT, $VRTX, $WBMD, $WNC, $WSH, $WU, $XCO, $XXIA, YELP
- Tim S: $RGR $SWHC $BGFV $ATK $CAB - the "gun stocks" have been mean to me; I keep timing them badly. But one thing I want to point out to you: $BGFV reported strong earnings, and although it's sold off quite a bit from the open, one thing you want to note from their report is that firearms sales, and ammunition sales, are off the charts. Monday I started a long position in $ATK - May 65 calls. I'm watching the others for good opportunities. I won't do anything before a company's earnings (been burned too many times that way) but I don't think that companies involved in firearms production and/or sales are done making money for us. - @Tim
New 52 week lows include: $ACW, $ADM, $ADVS, $AEIS, $AF, $AFAM, $AFL, $AGII, $AGO, $AIG, $AKAM, $AKS, $ALL, $ALNY, $ALR, $AMCC, $AMED, $AMKR, $AMSC, $ANAD, $ANR, $ANW, $AOL, $ARAY, $ARC, $ARI, $ARRY, $ART, $ASEI, $ASIA, $ATHX, ATPG, $AUO, $AUXL, $AV ...
- DChristian: $BGFV It looks to me like the 20 day moving average provided support yesterday. Thus, this appears to be a relatively low risk time to start building a position. Am I missing something? Thanks!
- David: $BGFV, DChristian, I like the chart. If you buy now, your close to the ZAG. and the 50 ema is 1.07 just below. Looks like a good entry to me.
I did a little commentary on what I saw and drew some squiggly lines as @Dan might say. Check it out - of course, it's just my opinion. I know nothing about the fundamentals of the stock and do not own it.
Basically, I do not think it is ...
- David: $BGFV, James, after seeing your chart, I looked at it further concerning trends, and the previous two times it has zagged back down, it didn't bounce off the 20 day sma, it continued down close to the 50 day ema before going back up. So between the volume and the previous trends, It does look not here not yet.
- headscratcher: $BGFV, The Mac-d histogram says to pass. The last candlestick says to buy. = Look elsewhere
|Stock Price||$USD 6.35|
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation operates as a sporting goods retailer in the western United States. Its product mix includes athletic shoes, apparel and accessories, as well as a broad selection of outdoor and athletic equipment.Request Video of BGFV
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 27th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 15.50 26.43%
- $USD 64.59 19.89%
- $USD 24.85 19.49%
- $USD 7.45 -34.32%
- $USD 5.95 -23.42%
- $USD 48.95 -20.99%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!