Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA)
Old Forum Content for EAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bsafriet: $EA $MOMO $EA Out, stop hit this morning. Did not buy the bounce. Looks like the SMA(20) is support. Want a "green" candle before jumping back in. $MOMO In today before the close. Liked the rally into the close on volume. Stop set below EMA(8).
- ascutia833sunset: Dan what do you think about $EA yesterday it dropped looks like a bearish engulfing patten
- gmj: @ascutia833sunset $EA Two down days concerned me after I bought the b/o on the 13th. Dbl my small pos on the bounce this morning which is a basic bounce off the 50ma and set a tight stop at 88.85. Waiting to see what it looks like at the end of the day.
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA - both have been resting or pulling back a bit the past few days. $EA touched the 20dma and then pushed back up today. Both still in uptrend. I believe this is good and may give an opportunity to add. Swing trade $ATVI.
- DAN: $EA -- still going. $TTWO is close to breaking out...but it is still pretty extended after an acceleration out of the volatility squeeze in early January. Look at the weekly charts: $EA is moving out of a multi-month consolidation and looks really strong. $TTWO is back near all time highs and is in a confirmed uptrend. I have no position in either of these stocks, but thought I'd mention them.
- gig1: @DAN $EA $TTWO @Dan Any reason you did not mention ATVI with these since it has also broken out?
- DAN: @gig1 $EA $TTWO Only b/c it's very extended. If you look at the weekly chart, $ATVI has made a pretty big move from the bottom. Actually, it's a pretty bullish pattern...but I just think it needs to rest a bit.
- gig1: @DAN $EA $TTWO $ATVI Thanks for your thoughts!
- grcjr: $EA $ATVI continuing upward today. $EA at new 52 week high. $ATVI almost.
$CARB - nice breakout of this squeeze
$MOMO - continuing higher
$CSX - failed breakout and now moving below the 20MA, this rally is looking toppy. Also $NSC $CHRW
$PBR - tops are processes and this is a top
$BLCM and $GBT - biotech stocks with brea ...
- traderbren: $EA - close to popping the top!
- Bridget: $ATVI and $EA both making new 52 week highs
- gig1: @Bridget $ATVI $EA Looks like better volume in ATVI than EA.
- SADL: $EA breaking through resistance to new high
- BocaRick: @SADL $EA #Bridget comment earlier today, also $ATVI - look at that chart
- SADL: @BocaRick $EA $ATVI #Bridget Tks
- 1winkie: $EA - Analysts at William Blair initiated coverage on Electronic Arts Inc. with an Outperform rating. Starter position yesterday
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EA Electronic Arts Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EA&clip=82518
- BocaRick: $EA above 87.5
- BocaRick: @BocaRick $EA OOPS now dip a little
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EA Electronic Arts Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EA&clip=81788
- Forexpro: Re: $EA Hi, Friends, Had been short some Mar 80 puts in $EA, with the usual 50 percent plus a penny or two profit target. Taken out of them at the opening, for a quick and easy 98.40/contract gain. Now all I have to do is sell them again when the stock pulls back. Stocks do pull back on occasion, don't they? Here's hoping that your day is off to an excellent start; all the best!
- DrScience: @Forexpro $EA ;-)
- Forexpro: @DrScience $EA Thanks, DrScience, Just trying to follow in your footsteps. Hope you're thriving!
- PJMR11: $EA Phase 2? Thoughts
- Bridget: Notes: Airline stocks breaking out of the squeeze to the downside: $AAL $DAL, but could be a buying opportunity Media stocks still look like good buys: $DIS $CHTR $VIAB $FOX Possible short setups: $CTSH, $DGX, $TXT, $SLCA, $DPZ - new all time high, coming out of cup and handle pattern $DGLY - phase 3 of this breakout, I think this still has more to go $GPRO - short squeeze $EA - squeeze breakout going into earnings tomorrow $HRI - has been winning big. This is a spinoff of Hertz Global and is a "Trump infrastructure" stock pick
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EA Electronic Arts Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EA&clip=80926
- Bridget: $EA is starting to break out of this squeeze going into earnings on 1/31
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $EA Electronic Arts Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=EA&clip=80926
- Bridget: $TTWO I haven't looked at this stock in awhile but it is breaking to a new high on higher than ave volume. Between $EA, $ATVI, and $TTWO. $TTWO is the one I would want to be in.
$SQ - breakout today
$SUM - breakout today on volume
$Z - breaking out of this flag on high volume
$HZN - new high today, momentum is still up
$FN - bounce failed today, strength is getting sold
$NTES - at support
$NCR - flagging but still holding u ...
- janner0814: @DAN $ATVI Same here, re: Earnings..... $ATVI is one of my #FAVs; currently #NP. I'd mentioned previously that I liked $ATVI vs. $EA because $EA was on my #AVOID list. JMO, the "type of traders: that trade $EA does not conform to my #METHOD... just an observation, which warranted putting $EA in my #AVOID list. #IMO $ATVI trades more logically to the #charts. (BTW, see my #graphicalthesis on $ATVI, re: potential #TURNAROUND. #PICKINGLOWHANGINGFRUIT
- bhaden: @Dan Perhaps this is an extremely "amateurish" question, but could you please comment on why $ATVI and $EA charts look so amazingly similar? Okay, they are both in the gaming sector, but is this simply a "heard mentality" for the entire group? They have very different fundamentals just to add to the "conspiracy theory". Thanks so much.
- DAN: @bhaden $ATVI $EA We all feel like amateurs in this crappy market. Sure, I'll discuss them tonight. The issue is that so few stocks are working that they are attracting a lot of attention. But I'll discuss tonight.
$EOG - at a nice buy point above the 50MA, stead uptrend
$CRBP - pullback looks done
$STX - failing twice at the 50MA, shortable
$HD - still looking weak
$FSLR $CSIQ - coming out of a base
$FN - still holding
$MEOH - working
$CARB - working
$MTCH - ...
- Bridget: $EA is now breaking down out of its upward channel
- jwstich: @Bridget $EA I have earnings on 10/27 after hours
- bhaden: @jwstich $EA I believe it is scheduled for Nov 1 after the bell.
- jwstich: @bhaden $EA Thanks. You are correct. Just rechecked my info on Yahoo finance and they report as you suggested. I must have had an old date. I try to post ER dates on my chart notes.
- ryanj: $EA my last stock (tiny, starter position) stopped out yesterday and back to 100% cash. Maybe I need to learn how to short instead, but cash is very good.
- bhaden: @ryanj $EA The great investor Peter Lynch was famous for saying "invest in what you know and what your family uses." In this extremely difficult market I am adding that adage to my investment thesis. My 13 yr old son plays video games com ...
- ryanj: $TWLO $NUGT $TWLO $USLV $GRUB $EA started these six small lots last weds & thurs. Five of six have stopped out. $Grub went today. The last one remaining is $EA, wonder if it will go tomorrow. ......Though markets I guess.....I have placed 22 trades since Sept 1st. 21of 22 trades were stopped and only one remains long....Big change from a couple months ago. Holding cash is the only thing that feels great!.... : (
- ryanj: $EA $GRUB $TWLO started very small positions in these 3 today.
- DAN: @Ernest $SPX I"m not doing anything, Ernest. But, as you note, nobody really knows that the Fed is going to do...and I certainly fall into that category. I see the 100 day moving average as support, and that is holding. I'm just thinking abou ...
- tigerjohn8: @mopick $ATVI $EA isn't doing too bad either
- MarkL: $EA-Watching, looking for a better entry after 3 days up, maybe next week.
- Bridget: $EA breaking out of a squeeze
- MarkL: $EA sleepy chart, but maybe trying for higher prices (np)
- Bridget: @janner0814 $XLU $VMC $ATVI $T $WMT $PCG $CMG $MON $WB $ALRM $YRD $MEET $TJX $TWX $MS $GS $FAS $CHK You like $ATVI over $EA? Why, might I ask?
- janner0814: @Bridget $XLU $VMC $ATVI $T $WMT $PCG $CMG $MON $WB $ALRM $YRD $MEET $TJX $TWX $MS $GS $FAS $CHK $EA $EA has been on my #AVOID list for a few years. $ATVI's #ORDERLINESS has been much nicer to me. #PERHAPS $EA has become a #CROWDED trade, where my process seems to suffer.
$NVIV - noted this breakout yesterday, continuation today. I like the weekly chart breakout
$CSCO - broke down but is finding support here at $30
$DGLY - now solidly above $6
$LOW $TGT $TJX - all these beaten down retailers could turn into good buyi ...
$EA a one day pullback to the 8ema will take some in AM if it holds
$AMAT Nice trending stock the bounce off the 50 the place to have gotten it
$MBLY inside day and down in conflict the weekly signal still in force inside week up and hammer up
- AB: $EA - breaking out
- champ: $EA chasing on news...M&A with $DIS ...could be rumor.
- OPENMARGIN: @champ $EA $DIS I measure a 6.3% volitality squeeze as well. Thanks for heads up.
- champ: @OPENMARGIN $EA $DIS - We can't get carry away because it has not been confirmed YET.....could be only a rumor but rumors always move stocks and be aware resistance is around the $67 level....if it True this will jump $20 or more.
- mradams0621: $EA nearing break out level on "rumors" per the Fly, already moved today, but if it closes strong near the high could be a good late day entry for a gap up on Monday- or not.
- champ: $EA HOD at $66.97- Bounce swing on the news trade...now out 1/2 in AH....protecting profits.
- Trixie: @Bridget $ATVI $EA looks close behind. $TTWO blasted off too..
- Trixie: $ATVI, does this one look similar to $AMZN? I was thinking $ATVI had the big run up last yr. Fell hard early in the yr to around the 200ma and now looks to be consolidating around the 200ma. Off the 5yr it had a parabolic move b4 the end of yr.. Looks like its trying to move over the 50ma and hold the 200m. However we're about to get a bearish cross, 50under 200m. I had also seen that move last yr as just going too far too fast.. All the ma's seem nice and coiled. $EA looks kind of similar.. However it has moved to consolidate under the 200m rather than above.. Off the weekly looks to have a pretty consistent seller around $66. From the weekly it looks like had topped out.. Will watch and see how it goes..
- Trixie: $EA I'm thinking if the mkt can show a p/b this one might be a possible short.. It had been a strong performer last year.. Went sideways for a while.. 50ma crossed under the 200ma getting close to the 200ma after a pretty decent move up from the bottom around Feb 8th. The volume near the end of this move is petering off.. I think we're around the 3rd thrust up that Dan had talked about in the shorting class. Only considering if start breaking this ~month long channel and mkt starts stalling.
- champ: $EA at $63.85...has been bouncing off the low of $53.12 on 2/8 now just about everyday now for the last 2 weeks. 52 week hi was $76 on 11/15. I have a swing position.
- champ: $DLTR was at $81.75 HOD up $2.28...earnings on 2/25/AH.....$DG also up...I have swings on both along with $EA $DLTH $BURL and $ROST. $WMT could be pushing everyone higher...?
- Trixie: @Bridget $SPY $TWTR $ATVI are transports just too consistent in the down trend? ie obvious something like $UNP ? Had thought $NVDA might fit in w the $ATVI, $EA grouping.. $UA looks like its sputtering at its 200ma/longer term trendline .. I'm not sure how far it could come down tho..
- Bridget: @Trixie $SPY $TWTR $ATVI $UNP $NVDA $EA $UA Airlines are looking weak $ALK, $AAL, $UAL, etc. Yes, I would put $NVDA in the same category $UA looks like it is holding the gap. Wouldn't want to be short until it broke below $78.
- 1winkie: Long Watches: $SWKS, $MSFT, $STX, $FLEX, $XON, $MRK, $HON, $INO Short Watches: $AMZN, $GILD, $EA, $SYNA
- BocaRick: $EA keeps falling off earnings, now down 8.5%. Was up a little at the open, almost started a small position
- champ: @BocaRick $EA - I sold yesterday and I just pick-up a small position but I will be adding more. Great earnings beat on the top line and revs were in-line but they put out downside guidance ...thats how these boys make their money....they knock it down and buy it back but I'm only guessing.....I'm watching....climbing a little now.
- bwcarnation1: $EA rev miss
- Bridget: $EA continues to rise into earnings. ER on 1/28.
- champ: $EA at $71 hod - I added a little....to this long term.....earnings on Friday 1/29 AM
- Trixie: $EA I think this one is shortable.. I's still undecided if it can make it up to the 200ma or get closer to the 50ma. Yet maybe this mornings push was all it could muster.. I have a downward channel drawn for this recent fall and I don't see it more than 1/2 way through it.. I'd feel better w closer to 3/4 through. however we have the 200ma to get past 1s3
- brandonh: @Trixie $EA I agree. Very weak bounce the last couple of days. Off topic. I really like your trading platform layout. Is that just the standard TD Ameritrade platform???
Trixie: @brandonh $EA That is the prophet charts from TOS (2nd option on the chart tab). You can't link the different time frames in it nor the news etc.. but it was one of the 1st charts I looked at with them and I have stuck w it ever since..
I have fou ...
- champ: $EA - I still own this stock but it is really high maintenance...almost as bad as $AMBA and $AAPL.... $AAPL is moving higher today...bouncing.
- traderbren: $EA -- seeing good buying interest in $EA this morning.
- traderbren: $EA - took a starter position. Acting well on the 15min chart.
The current issue of Barron's offers a very constructive article on $WHR. This is interesting, because the daily chart indicates that the price action has reached an area of pretty strong resistance. Perhaps this article will provide the impetus nee ...
- champ: $DLTR now at $69 and $DG at $64.50 have also been running together all morning. They picked up a little after the $WMT earnings report and have been picking up steam...I'm long both from last Friday. ...I want to add but I might not get a chance. Still time I thinking but watching for now....might have to chase like I did on $HD and $LOW this morning. I'm also still long $EA $HBI $WMT $JAKK and $FRED in the retail sector. All retail is climbing ...looking for new targets but it's really getting harder now after this move. I got stopped out of names like $BURL and $ROST last week on all the bad retail news from names like $M and others.
- CajunWon: $EA pull back to below the lower BB. NP
- champ: $EA $67.40 one of the top stocks in the market this year and it has many upgrades ...a few in recent days ...just broke down thru the 50d and trying to bounce back RHRN ...don't know whats going to happen...could be a buy or an add...???? I'm still long...for now but watching.
- Bridget: @champ $EA Ever heard of the EA Sports cover curse? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/ronda-rousey-ea-sports-ufc-cover-curse
- champ: @Bridget $EA - I have not...who's your pick? I don't want to mess with them. Thanks
- mradams0621: @Bridget $EA @anyone #gapers help please. trying to do the ginney "gapers" post till she comes back. Thought I was using her source, but I'm seeing a bunch of BS on the list today-- gapers that did not gap, just not reliable list. Have a better one I could use? If not allowed to post other sites ( per SMM rules) an e-mail would be most appreciated- P.S. Or does the "moving" list here in the forum fill the bill? Do you know how it is generated? how it is updated? how usefull historically? Sure looks more useful than my gapers list for possible 59MT trades. But it's really not a gaper list, it's a "moving" list- not really the same thing.
- Bridget: @mradams0621 $EA #gapers depending on when they pull the list during pre-market hours it could change drastically by the open. I have seen that before with ginny's list
- TunaHelper: @mradams0621 $EA #gapers Maybe someone has ginney's email and could ask her? (I unfortunately don't.) Her list is sorely missed. That being said, I appreciate your posting them (and like your format of ranking them in a nice list - much easier to scan!)
- lostsheep: $EA- upgraded to outperform at Oppenheimer. PT 83. Christmas is coming. Churning here at the 50 day ema with 69.85 as short term support.
- champ: $EA $72 - I'm still in this stock but how can anybody add or jump on anything with the $SPX sitting on the 200d. Also watching $ATVI but you rally have to be on your toes or you will get stepped on.
- traderbren: $EA -- seeing buying interest this AM.
- champ: $SPX now at 2046 - Not looking good...maybe we could see something like 2020-2025. $JWN not really helping this type of retail box stores and they even have an on line business. I'm now out of all retail except $LOW $JAKK $EA and a small position in $HD ...I did add to $LOW today. $NFLX stop out of 3/4th of my position. Only holding a few stock now...I have been selling over the past 5 days now. It would be nice if the Fed players could shut the hell up. Don't really need to hear all that crap.
- champ: @jltrader1 $BURL $M $DG $DLTR - On $BURL I'm long with a small position at $46.80 but all the stocks in the retail sector have been under a lot of pressure. The way I'm making $$$ on this stock is I'm trading around my main position...a lot of work . ...
- jltrader1: @champ $BURL $M $DG $DLTR $FRED $HD $LOW $JAKK $GME $EA $HBI $JAH $JD $CAB $KSS $JWN $TJX - Thanks for the information. No NP in $BURL yet but watching. Great info, will watch for earnings. Also stalking $DLTR $HD $LOW $TJX for good entries. Need to dip my toes in. Thanks again.
- olveoyl: $EA Starting to look like it may be trying to enter phase 3 of a very nice vs. I have seen a few posts on it here. (long Dec calls)
- bwcarnation1: $EA 3 day sell off after earnings which were good. hammer today on vol. long
- CajunWon: @bwcarnation1 $EA 60cents less than the low print of last Friday morning, with less volume doesn't seem to confirm support.
- champ: $EA was at $74.75 HOD - YTD high and ATH was a few days ago at $77. Still watching this stock ... # 7 % gainers this year on the SPY 500 YTD...moving up a little more this morning ...see post on Friday...Yahoo has a little more info this morning on this stock. I'm still in this stock for the long term....but you never know how this stock is going to act....a Zig-Zager.
- 1winkie: $EA - Electronic Arts's buy rating reiterated at Jefferies Group. $95.00 PT. EA is expected to grow earnings by 9.3% in fiscal 2016, and by 15% in 2017. Looking at the long-term prospects, analysts forecast average annual earnings growth of 15.6% over the next five years. The company has a new game about to be released, Star Wars Battlefront, and based on the positive reception of its beta version, it could be a major blockbuster for the company once released in mid-November. I expect the stock to trend higher through the remainder of the year, but at the current time shares look very attractive ahead of the holiday season Started a position
- champ: $EA now at $73 - Added this morning at $71.73 and also at $72.26 ..really hard stock to hold ..Zig-Zags all over the place ....beat on earnings by $0.21 and had a big beat on revenue but the stock still dropped....they also moved FY16 guidance up. Al ...
- TheFlash: @champ $EA I just got long on this. I believe this Star Wars franchise will be stronger then expected. It is profit taking, so stay long.
- champ: @TheFlash $EA - Yes, I believe you are right ...thats exactly whats going on. Just like I did yesterday. LOL
|Stock Price||$USD 108.81|
Electronic Arts, Inc. develops, markets, publishes and distributes video game software and content that could be played by consumers on a variety of platforms.Request Video of EA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 27th, 2017 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 29.29 141.86%
- $USD 24.09 31.16%
- $USD 16.26 21.76%
- $USD 5.10 -75.22%
- $USD 15.84 -30.55%
- $USD 16.90 -10.81%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 48,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (48,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!