Electro Scientific Industries Inc. (NASDAQ:ESIO)
Old Forum Content for ESIOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bsafriet: $ESIO At ATH. Reports 10/31 AMC
- spmeyers: @bsafriet $ESIO got it too
- bsafriet: @spmeyers $ESIO Do you have a price target in mind?
- bsafriet: $ESIO Taking profits on 1/2 of position.
- bsafriet: $CGNX at ATH today. One of my “pets” in the optical group. Besides the obvious, $NOVT $IIVI $AXTI and $ESIO are in play in my trading account.
- bsafriet: $ESIO B/O already up 4.55% and past R# and moving higher. Long at $14.52
- woodman: @bnnybklyn $AXTI - Semis are doing nicely today. I'm still holding AXTI and $BRKS. Added to $ESIO yesterday.
- woodman: $ESIO - I bought back the 50% of my position that I sold last week.
- woodman: $ESIO has been moving up nicely and in an orderly fashion. I sold 50% of mine last Tuesday and I'm looking to buy that back. Perhaps around the 13dEMA, if it gets there, but I'm not forcing anything. We'll see what happens.
- woodman: $ESIO up yet again.
- Aragorn: @woodman $ESIO Bot it because of you up 10% since last week. Thanks
- woodman: @Aragorn $ESIO - Good job sticking with it. I know you and I trade differently - i.e. we trade with different time frames.
- Aragorn: @woodman $ESIO more holding these days than you know. But I will always do some day trading, Today I did tsla but I have been holding this weeks NVDA 175 calls since last week so I do hold, am in at 3.66 it is now 14.25 but started as multiple options for a day trade sold them and held one. Not too bad.
- mharps: $ESIO
- issues: @mharps $ESIO Holding a small position. Should add but will wait for a droop.
- woodman: $ESIO moving up again; it's up nearly 50% since earnings on 8/2.
- issues: @ROSEY $SMH not Dan but here's what I researched in $SMH: IBD grp 19 includes $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS. Today we bought ESIO and BRKS. Already own MKSI & LRCX.
- ROSEY: @issues $SMH $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS Thanks . I was surprised that NVDA was not in the group.
- issues: As I carefully read the posts today and listened to uncle Dan on SMM last night, I noticed Dan's mention of $BRKS. So I did my diligent research and found BRKS is in IBD group 19 - Semis along with $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT & $ESIO. I was surprised to see ESIO up 40 in the past 3 months. Then LRCX was up 4% in 10 days TCMD was also up 40% in the past 3 months. BRKS is has a good rating at 97 Cumulative and C+ accumulation. MKSI 99 Cumulative and A accumulation. and ESIO 91 Cumulative and A accumulation. ESIO might be one to keep in a watch list. But Dan's BRKS isn't bad either. Holding small positions in $LCRX $AMAT $MKSI. Bought $RP this morning.
- bsafriet: $ANET $EXTR $ESIO Stopped out of $ANET as it fell below the buy point this AM. Stop hit on $EXTR this AM as well, out at $11.30. My entry was at 10.87 for a 4% profit for a 5 day trade; not great, but I'll take it. Still in $ESIO but the move looks to be over. Will exit this afternoon if my stop hit or it appears that it will close below yesterday's low. My unit cost is $10.84 and $ESIO at $12.26 RHRN. for a 13% gain. I've been in this trade for a couple of weeks.
- bsafriet: $ESIO. Closed position at 15:05 EDT at $12.30 thinking it would close below $12.31, yesterday's low. Wrong! Had to take our dog to a vet appt and wasn't sure I'd be able to monitor/trade at the vet's office. Oh well..... $ESIO trade still viable, but I won't re-enter unless an entry presented and prospects look good. Nice trade while it lasted.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $EXTR. Both continuing their post-earnings run. Long, with tight trailing stops. @woodman. Are you still in?
- woodman: $ESIO continues to march higher. Can't buy/add here, though.
- DAN: $EXTR $ESIO $CALA -- Thanks for pointing these out, woodman.
- issues: @DAN $EXTR $ESIO $CALA The best for me is EXTR. Why? Glad you asked. Its in IBD group 14 Computer Networking (which includes ANET SWIR etc). EXTR is in all 5 categories (that's rare!). Composite/accumulation/ strength...eps etc. ) It doesn't get better than that! It's rated Composite 99: accumulation A! That's for me. I put in an order to get started on this one. Finally it's not as extremely high as $ESIO. So it's got room to grow. Thanks Woody. How did you find it?
- bsafriet: $ESIO. Gapped up and currently up 2.78%. Continues to move post earnings. Long stock.
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO - I remain long (having previously held through earnings). Now, look at $EXTR knocking on the ceiling. (Np EXTR.)
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Thanks for the tip! Checking it out now ($EXTR). Nice trade on $ESIO. I got in after earnings. Are you long $EXTR?
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO $EXTR - No. ("Np" = no position.)
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Sorry - missed that on first read.
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO $EXTR - No worries. Just wanted to make sure I was not being confusing.
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Quick look at EXTR makes grade. Watching for an entry.... I have a bad habit of just grapping shiny objects! Moving up fast RHRN.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $EXTR. Opened position in $EXTR, stop just below yesterday's low. $ESIO pushed stop to just under taday's low.
- thehook1: $ESIO....squeezing up...new hi
- bsafriet: @thehook1 $ESIO Looking like post earnings consolidation is over and we are moving up. Tracking the EMA(8). I'm long.
- woodman: $ESIO still rocking.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $IPGP. Optical/photonics group doing well today.
- woodman: @tjv821 $esio - just getting back in the saddle after a family vacation and attending to work projects. I did hold $ESIO through earnings, as well as $OSUR and $SEDG, all of which popped significantly upon reporting earnings. But I had others that dove while I was away. The market giveth and it taketh away.
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO - just getting back in the saddle after a family vacation and attending to work projects, so just now seeing your post from last week. I did hold $ESIO through earnings, as well as $OSUR and $SEDG, all of which popped significantly upon reporting earnings. But I had others that dove while I was away. The market giveth and it taketh away.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $IPGP $IIVI $AXTI $ESIO $AAOI getting hammered today. Back at post earnings low (ouch). Watching the rest and looking for the news driving the move in $ESIO today post earnings.
- bsafriet: $ESIO upgraded to buy by Bidaskclub
- spmeyers: @bsafriet $ESIO first I heard of that site; interesting
- tjv821: $esio woodman u still in this??
- woodman: $ESIO - got lucky with this one. Posted about, and bought, it yesterday.
- tejas7: @woodman $ESIO I did too after your post. In fact, i chased it. My first limit order at 8.58 got filled only for 5 shares so I chased and bought at 8.66. Broker "cheated" me out with 2 fees. But it came out alright. Oh well.. low volume stocks always had this risk unless you put AON orders.
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings moves today: $QCOM $KMI - gap and run down $AXP $PM $AA - unchanged $BX - down a little $SNA - bearish engulfing candle $ABT - breakout $CHKP - gap down $XLE - small pullback today $XLV $XBI - breaking out $GILD - moving higher after flag, expected move to $77 $JNJ - back up to highs $JAZZ - trying to breakout breakouts: $ABBV $FIZZ - phase 3 $THC - day 2 $RCL - new high $AGN - almost holding above $250 $MTSI - nice volume today $ESIO $HIMX - day 2 $HD $LOW - down on news $AKCA - #ipo on a tear $RACE - hitting $100 earnings after close: $V $MSFT $ISRG $EBAY $SLB
- woodman: $ESIO - big wedge and consolidation within uptrend5 at the 50 day. Big pennant on the weekly.
- woodman: $ESIO swinging back up (Dan's phase 3).
- woodman: $ESIO up through the 8dEMA.
- woodman: Added to each of $SSYS $ESIO and $KEM in this last half hour.
- audrina0904: @woodman $SSYS $ESIO $KEM Right there with you on $KEM...rode it down and back up today after an early morning buy. (small position.)
- issues: @woodman $SSYS $ESIO $KEM I like the SSYS chart best of the three since it looks like a flag with gas in the tank to run up. Earnings Aug 2.
- woodman: $ESIO had a huge pop and gap up out of consolidation, then gave it all back (phase 2) over the last 1.5 weeks. It fell all the way to fill a big gap but is bouncing right off where the gap started. (Potential phase 3 in Dan terms.)
- tjv821: @woodman $ESIO Tks for bringing this bk to my attention
- woodman: $ESIO $KEM - perhaps stupidly, I started positions in these this morning.
- issues: @woodman $ESIO $KEM It's not too late to change positions. Sell these and buy another one.
- woodman: @bsafriet $IIVI - fyi, some other laser/optical I watch: $AXTI (long as of Friday) $ESIO $COHR $BIOL and $LUNA
- bsafriet: @woodman $IIVI $AXTI $ESIO $COHR $BIOL $LUNA Txs again! $COHR 203.13 +5.170, $ESIO 6.69 0.17
- spmeyers: @woodman $IIVI $AXTI $ESIO $COHR $BIOL $LUNA $COHR lookin good today
- woodman: @bsafriet $IIVI $AXTI $ESIO $COHR $BIOL $LUNA The $FNSR that you mentioned in your first post is looking good here.
- tjv821: $esio anyone else holding this dog??
- tjv821: $esio why is this getting killed today
- tjv821: $esio anyone know why it dropped??
- Forexpro: @tjv821 $esio Hi, Tjv821, Courtesy of "Theflyonthewall.com: : Electro Scientific sees Q1 adjusted EPS 4c-9c, two estimates 4c Sees Q1 revenue $48M-$53M, two estimates $50.5M. "Our quarterly results are not expected to be linear as slowing economic and market growth, capacity utilization, and timing of new product adoption may impact our results quarter to quarter over the next year," said Electro. :theflyonthewall.com All the best.
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $SMH - I'm long $ESIO, a semi that's still working.
- woodman: $ESIO - keep on the radar.
- woodman: $ESIO $EXTR - two that I own with move potential. EXTR reports 4/27 after.
- woodman: @tjv821 $amsc I don't recognize this. It may be one of a big list of Semis I once posted as looking good at the time, perhaps? But I don't recall buying it. My semis currently are $OCLR $ESIO $MXIM and still some old $INFN. Every time I go to sell INFN, I end up saying I will wait and then it bounces. But it isn't doing all that great. OCLR may have run out of steam but I'm thinking support around 5.07 and 21dEMA. Bottom BB hook may indicate some sideways action for a while. But it's been so good to me. :)
- woodman: #Semiconductors - charts of interest: These aren't necessarily all buys, or rhrn's (though some could be), but of interest: $OCLR $SIGM (but potential rolloever if can't rally back up thru 50 day) $DSPG (but 200d above) $SIMO $NPTN $ESIO $MTSI $NVDA $TSM $MXIM $ADO $AOSL$MRVL $AMCC Currently long $OCLR and $ESIO.
- woodman: $MXIM - bought this today. 8dEMA support putting the 200 day behind it. Earnings 4.21. Lots of semiconductor and related are looking decent. Also long $ESIO and $OCLR in the space (optical; integrated circuits; lasers).
- woodman: $ESIO @tjv821 - I got back in on its move sideways into a rising 50 day.
- Alexandra: @woodman $ESIO Good pick. Thanks
- woodman: $ESIO @tjv821 - it finally stopped out on me this afternoon.
- tjv821: @woodman $ESIO smart man I sold mine also
- tjv821: $ESIO Woodman time to exit??
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO I am still in. I told someone this morning that I think ESIO is finally going to take my stop out, but that I will make it take my stop out rather than just sell it. My stop has shown resiliency. It remains intact.
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO - did you hold on? I'm still on board. As I mentioned when you asked, I've been guided by the 8dEMA but I gave it a little slack to drop a little farther down. It hit the 13dEMA and bounced yesterday. I'm still in despite almost having my stop hit.
- tjv821: @woodman $ESIO yep I'm still in sold out the last run and bought back in on first green day. Finally did something right tks for your insite. tj
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO Great! Happy to hear it's working for you.
- woodman: $OCLR - like $ESIO that I've mentioned in the past, holding the 8dEMA. It may be getting long in the tooth, but as long as it holds the 8dEMA, it's good.
- tjv821: $ESIO time to get off this ship Woodman?
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO I'm still in. Holding the 8dEMA is my guide.
- woodman: $ESIO still. Doesn't care about the Market.
- woodman: $ESIO still....
- woodman: $ESIO - it's been a champ.
- tjv821: $crnt and $esio. Looking good
- woodman: $ESIO been a nice one. Continues to go up.
- tjv821: $esio working well after earnings
- woodman: $ESIO - one I've mentioned in the past and been in and out of (though not for a little while). It had a big pop and gap up yesterday. The intraday candle, however, raised a question in my head as to whether it would hold up. Today, it's making a higher high. Nice big hollow green candle at the moment. Hard to buy it now, though.
- tjv821: $esio anyone else in this sell into it??
- coldevinc: @tjv821 $esio Sell into it!!!
- tjv821: $esio anyone else it this ??
- woodman: $ESIO - One I've mentioned in the past. It's been a good actor if you can handle the swings of this thinly traded stock that's otherwise been in orderly uptrend since 8/26 (up about 33% since that low). It appears to be putting the 200 day behind it now (the 8dEMA crossed up through yesterday). Long.
- woodman: Some tech of interest (at least to me :) $ESIO $MPWR $AMAT $FORM $IXYS (perhaps breaking out of wedge) $SIGM (may have bottomed and can take a little ride back up) $ATML (squeeze at clustered moving averages)
- woodman: $ESIO - thinly traded, so I know it isn't for a lot of people (which is why I haven't posted about it), but this reversal has been working for me.
- DAN: Earnings this week: Team, this week brings some very critical earnings results that will impact some of the sectors that we have been focusing on. Here is a list of stock that I am watching: Monday: $HAL, $MCD, $AXP, $AMGN, $CSX, $TXN, $VMW, $ZION Tuesday: $MMM, $AKS, $BHI, $EAT, $GLW, $DD, $EMC, $JNJ, $KMB, $BTU, $TRV, $X, $VZ, $WFT, $GILD, $JNPR, $NSC, $RFMD, $YHOO Wednesday: $ABT, $BA, $COP, $GD, $OXY, $SO, $UTX, $LCC, $VLO, $WLP, $XRX, $CTXS, $ETFC, $NFLX, $NE, $QCOM, $RYL, $SBUX Thursday: $MO, $T, $BMY, $CAT, $CELG, $CRUS, $CL, $DHI, $ETN, $LLY, $JBLU, $LMT, MOT, $NOK, $NUE, $POT, $PG, $SWK, $TWC, $UA, $AMZN, $ESIO, $GMCR, $KLAC, $MSFT, $RVBD, $SNDK, $VRSN Friday: AAI, $ACI, $CVX, $F, $HON, $JBHT Many of these will move the market...and certainly their respective sectors: Telecom, Tech, Biotech, Drugs, Energy/Oil, etc. --@Dan
- 3blanco7: Good morning, all. $BTU is trading below 50, right at the bottom of it's trading channel, with the next support level at 48. Started a position in BTU. Also, from the Short Squeezes, $ESIO is back down to the breakout point after the nice runup @Evanesce pointed out yesterday. Nibbled into a small position there with a tight stop.
- evanesce: REXI: This name found its way into my watch list of names related to homebuilding and financing. It bolted up 6% late this morning on no news I can find. If anyone comes across news, I'd like to know. With heavy short interest (14 days to cover) it could just be a randomly ignited short #squeeze. $EME and $ESIO, breakout names of yesterday, are doing well in Day 2. I will likely start positions in these if I see dips being bought, no positions yet.
- evanesce: Hi @gintice, When I trade small-cap stocks, I do so in small increments and carefully. When the tide reverses, the bid/ask spread can eat up profits much faster than for large-cap stocks. That aside, the ones I've been commenting on here are otherwise just high-beta (fater moving) stocks with fundamentals that pass my elementary checks. I think of these as primarily technical trades, as opposed to the afore mentioned defense stocks which are excellent fundamental trades. Danged $ESIO - I raised the alert level and it hit it again, with no decent technical entry point on the intra-day chart. This is turning into a fast-moving momentum name, I would tread carefully.
- 3blanco7: @Dan, Thanks for all the work on the Short #Squeeze list. In just a quick runthrough, I note that TWW,AVID,$UTEK,PRST,$ESIO,USAM,$CVO,CACC and BHS all have significant recent insider buying. Always nice to see when management and major insiders are putting up their money against the shorts.
|Stock Price||$USD 22.01|
Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. is a supplier of laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry.Request Video of ESIO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 9.43 96.94%
- $USD 18.10 66.81%
- $USD 8.20 34.63%
- $USD 10.83 -17.10%
- $USD 5.63 -9.32%
- $USD 163.80 -4.94%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!