Electro Scientific Industries Inc. (NASDAQ:ESIO)
Old Forum Content for ESIOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
9. $ESIO – Semiconductor engineering/testing systems. As semis go, so goes ESIO. Good earnings/rev growth over past year. But looks like it’s already priced in. The stock peaked at $28ish. Now resting. Needs to build more of a base ...
As Cramer noted the semis will go with up or down with what $MU reports on Tues. But MU is in a different IBD category -group 17: $MU is with computer storage which includes $NTAP $CARB $SIMO $WDC, while semi group is #32 which includes: $MKSI $DAIO ...
- JBed: $ESIO Anyone in this ticker? Very sharp multi-day pullback after going parabolic. It's looking attractive at this price just above the 50 MA but given the weakness in tech, I'd appreciate any thoughts.
- woodman: @JBed $ESIO - I"m a fan of the company but #Tech isn't hospitable right now. I had a position for a while and it was very kind to me - possibly my best performer of the year - but I sold when it showed the exit sign. I don't think it's ready to be bought. There's still 10% down just to test the 50 day, and many other tech stocks have not stopped going down at the 50 day. Not where you want to be right now.
- JBed: @woodman $ESIO #Tech Thank you - I'm going to stay away also and watch. Hope you're having a good trading day!
- indigo1948: @JBed $ESIO - watching it - looking attractive - my entry will be $21.00
- spmeyers: @JBed $ESIO watching for test of 50-day
- woodman: $ESIO next leg even though already extended.
- Bridget: #Notes: $CME $CBOE $ICE - all moving higher $HD - breakout on squeeze. $LOW reports earnings tomorrow morning $VEEV - starting to break out of squeeze. ER on 12/5 $DLPH - breakout on the daily, many car companies up today $ALRM - has recovered almost back to pre-earnings levels $AMAT - phase 3? $TXN - in a squeeze $MRVL - moving higher on volume. ER on 11/28 $NOW - starting to break out of this squeeze $DLTR - earnings tomorrw, breaking higher, along with $DG $WDAY - moving higher into earnings on 11/29 $ESIO - new high in this rally $VRSN - going exponential $PENN - working $KRO - working $BA $HON $LLL $LMT - showing strength today $ICHR - at a good buy point
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO I capitulated and bought into this move today. Should hav e re-entered some time ago. Thinking this Breakout from the flag has legs.
- thehook1: $ESIO / $TWOU / looking like BO
- woodman: @thehook1 $ESIO $TWOU - I luckily added a little $ESIO yesterday on the hammer up. It's been stellar since May and really since July.
- bsafriet: $ESIO Finally dipping back into 2 std dev upper BB. Today is the 5th day of the post ER rally and has made a phenomenal run. I had been in $ESIO since early Oct (entry was 10/3 break-out) but was stopped out 11/1 prior to ER AMC. I had a trailing stop that I kept pushing up, keeping an approximent constant offset from the EMA(8). Thought I had plenty of margin in my stop, — wrong! @Woodman - how did you manage to survive the 11/1 sell-off? Are you still holding?
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO - I am still in. I started buying it in the high $7s and in the $8s, and also bought in the $13s and around $20. I have sold some along the way, and bought back along the way as well. The 11/1 selloff never broke beneath the rising channel. I guess, given where I started, my nerves are a bit calmer with this one.
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO I think that I was overly concerned about the possibility of a market pull-back and that it negatively impacted my trading. A little fear is a good thing, but too much makes for bad decisions. I admire the way you traded this one. Congrats!
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO - Thanks. They certainly don't all end up like this. This has probably been my best trade of the year.
- debeers: @bigbartabs $KEM $ESIO - I can tell by the amount of due dil you do that you are no" johnny" come lately to trading.
- bigbartabs: @debeers $KEM $ESIO ... no "johnny"... hmmm, I need to go Think about that one... be right back...
- woodman: @gwenzee $KEM - The Market giveth and the Market taketh away. $ESIO up 31% and $KEM down 16%. I need a Prilosec and Dramamine cocktail this morning.
- gwenzee: @woodman $KEM $ESIO My fav is hemlock on the rocks.
- woodman: @gwenzee $KEM $ESIO - hmm. Mix them all into a smoothie.
- Ottawagreg: @woodman $KEM $ESIO I sold $ALGN going into ER and held $KEM. I am not doing this right am I? From what I read the ER was a deep fly home run. Fortunately i did not have a real big position. Still sucks tho
- gwenzee: @Ottawagreg $KEM $ESIO $ALGN You might want to try Woodman's and my smoothie.
- woodman: @PhilHarmonic $KEM - yet, on the other hand, there's $ESIO, which was already way up on the year and yet is up today 30% on earnings today.
- tjv821: @woodman $KEM $ESIO yes typical had 30 call contracts and sold yesterday bc I was getting nervous :( now where did I put my gun
- jwstich: @woodman $KEM $ESIO This reminds me of President Truman"s request for a one armed economist: "HARRY Truman famously asked to be sent a one-armed economist, having tired of exponents of the dismal science proclaiming "On the one hand, this" and "On the other hand, that". I don't know if it is only me but I seem to find myself in a similar position sometimes after listening to Dan as well as others......can be so frustrating. I hate having to figure it out when the choices are so unclear.
- woodman: $KEM is down -33%; $ESIO is up +33%. Uncanny.
- gwenzee: @woodman @phgruver @mopick $KEM $ESIO As Dickens said, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way." Sounds like he was talking about the market.
- woodman: @tjv821 $CORT - I over-loaded on "excitement" today with $ESIO and $KEM. I had to kick $KEM out the door, but not before the damage was done, which was rather instantaneous. I sold a third of $ESIO and still have the rest.
- bigbartabs: @gwenzee @woodman $KEM $ESIO ... Dickens... funny, I had the same thought this morning... sitting... elbow on knee... hand under chin... on the pot.
- gwenzee: @bigbartabs $KEM $ESIO The great Thinker!!!
- bigbartabs: @gwenzee $KEM $ESIO ... I think the Greeks made a statue of me many years ago... http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/13500/The-Thinker--13813.jpg
- tjv821: $esio what happened to my fav stock??
- DrScience: @tjv821 $ESIO Pre-earnings profit-taking is likely scenario after doubling in 3 months.
- woodman: @tjv821 $esio - could drop another 6% to rising support. I don't trade it, and occasionally add on pullbacks. I need to evaluate my position size going into earnings this afternoon, but I will be holding through most of my position.
- tjv821: @woodman $esio Tks to the both of you for your responses Th
- woodman: $ESIO up 25% right now on earnings! Did you see that hideous red candle today? It was down 8% on the day, right back to support area. I did not add because I already have enough and was holding it all through, and would have been uncomfortable adding, but sellers were likely just protecting profits in what has already been a great run. I can certainly understand protecting profits and selling before earnings if you have a lot of profit, but the selling activity in itself was not in any way indicative of the report to come.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ESIO Aren't you glad your instincts were good? Congrats!
- woodman: @gwenzee $ESIO Thanks, Gwen. But don't discount luck ... I got very lucky today.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ESIO I had a fantastic day yesterday. But that was yesterday. Today was the total opposite. What's a gal to do??? My largest position is AAPL....hope your luck rubs off.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ESIO - My luck could change quickly tomorrow. I held $KEM; it reports before the open. And I'm holding $CC through its report tomorrow after the close. We'll see what happens. Have a good night.
- issues: These are up the most in 10 days: $ECHO (26%) $BOOM (26%) $HPJ(18%) $ESIO(16%) $HUN(9%) Unfortunately the only one we hold is a small position in $ESIO (#1 in Accumulation category; IBD group 2
- champ: @issues $ECHO $BOOM $HPJ $ESIO $HUN #1 ---- I had my first post on $ECHO on 8/30 and have been posting, all the way up until earnings.....you really need to watch the posts in the forum, for low risk quality entries....just saying, thats why we post stock ideas in the forum, so others can see..and then do your own research. off the many forum posts.
- issues: @champ $ECHO $BOOM $HPJ $ESIO $HUN #1 Thank you Champ. As you know I read all the posts in the Forum EVERYDAY! But I also think for myself. That means, although I read the posts, I do NOT necessarily buy, just because you or someone else makes the posts. I will continue reading and continue thinking and doing my own research. Thank you very much!!
- champ: @issues $ECHO $BOOM $HPJ $ESIO $HUN #1 ---- Yes, I always say ...research is the key to success. LOL
- Aragorn: $ESIO one that Woodman got me involved in has been running up nicely. I sold half will hold the rest
- bsafriet: @Aragorn $ESIO Nice trade! This is one that I let get away, sold to soon!
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO - this has been one of my best "trades" of the year. The key has been ... ready? ... not to trade it. I bought it in May and June, sold, bought back in July and since then have only sold once: in September I sold half my position which I bought back a wee bit lower. I have about a double since July.
- bsafriet: $ESIO Gapped up at the open and has hit $16.70. Has settled back to $16.35 + 0.72 ( 4.63%). No news. ER 10/30 AMC. Earnings run?
- issues: $ESNT broken or buy opportunity? NP Thanks to the good folks here on the Forum I made several starter buys but failed to add. So I hold these with small positions and now I think it may be too late to add. So I will wait for a substantial pull back, but then it may be the end of the run, i.e. a broken pattern: $ESIO $NVMI $ICHR etc
- bsafriet: $ESIO At ATH. Reports 10/31 AMC
- spmeyers: @bsafriet $ESIO got it too
- bsafriet: @spmeyers $ESIO Do you have a price target in mind?
- bsafriet: $ESIO Taking profits on 1/2 of position.
- bsafriet: $CGNX at ATH today. One of my “pets” in the optical group. Besides the obvious, $NOVT $IIVI $AXTI and $ESIO are in play in my trading account.
- bsafriet: $ESIO B/O already up 4.55% and past R# and moving higher. Long at $14.52
- woodman: @bnnybklyn $AXTI - Semis are doing nicely today. I'm still holding AXTI and $BRKS. Added to $ESIO yesterday.
- woodman: $ESIO - I bought back the 50% of my position that I sold last week.
- woodman: $ESIO has been moving up nicely and in an orderly fashion. I sold 50% of mine last Tuesday and I'm looking to buy that back. Perhaps around the 13dEMA, if it gets there, but I'm not forcing anything. We'll see what happens.
- woodman: $ESIO up yet again.
- Aragorn: @woodman $ESIO Bot it because of you up 10% since last week. Thanks
- woodman: @Aragorn $ESIO - Good job sticking with it. I know you and I trade differently - i.e. we trade with different time frames.
- Aragorn: @woodman $ESIO more holding these days than you know. But I will always do some day trading, Today I did tsla but I have been holding this weeks NVDA 175 calls since last week so I do hold, am in at 3.66 it is now 14.25 but started as multiple options for a day trade sold them and held one. Not too bad.
- mharps: $ESIO
- issues: @mharps $ESIO Holding a small position. Should add but will wait for a droop.
- woodman: $ESIO moving up again; it's up nearly 50% since earnings on 8/2.
- issues: @ROSEY $SMH not Dan but here's what I researched in $SMH: IBD grp 19 includes $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS. Today we bought ESIO and BRKS. Already own MKSI & LRCX.
- ROSEY: @issues $SMH $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS Thanks . I was surprised that NVDA was not in the group.
- issues: As I carefully read the posts today and listened to uncle Dan on SMM last night, I noticed Dan's mention of $BRKS. So I did my diligent research and found BRKS is in IBD group 19 - Semis along with $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT & $ESIO. I was surprised to see ESIO up 40 in the past 3 months. Then LRCX was up 4% in 10 days TCMD was also up 40% in the past 3 months. BRKS is has a good rating at 97 Cumulative and C+ accumulation. MKSI 99 Cumulative and A accumulation. and ESIO 91 Cumulative and A accumulation. ESIO might be one to keep in a watch list. But Dan's BRKS isn't bad either. Holding small positions in $LCRX $AMAT $MKSI. Bought $RP this morning.
- bsafriet: $ANET $EXTR $ESIO Stopped out of $ANET as it fell below the buy point this AM. Stop hit on $EXTR this AM as well, out at $11.30. My entry was at 10.87 for a 4% profit for a 5 day trade; not great, but I'll take it. Still in $ESIO but the move looks to be over. Will exit this afternoon if my stop hit or it appears that it will close below yesterday's low. My unit cost is $10.84 and $ESIO at $12.26 RHRN. for a 13% gain. I've been in this trade for a couple of weeks.
- bsafriet: $ESIO. Closed position at 15:05 EDT at $12.30 thinking it would close below $12.31, yesterday's low. Wrong! Had to take our dog to a vet appt and wasn't sure I'd be able to monitor/trade at the vet's office. Oh well..... $ESIO trade still viable, but I won't re-enter unless an entry presented and prospects look good. Nice trade while it lasted.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $EXTR. Both continuing their post-earnings run. Long, with tight trailing stops. @woodman. Are you still in?
- woodman: $ESIO continues to march higher. Can't buy/add here, though.
- DAN: $EXTR $ESIO $CALA -- Thanks for pointing these out, woodman.
- issues: @DAN $EXTR $ESIO $CALA The best for me is EXTR. Why? Glad you asked. Its in IBD group 14 Computer Networking (which includes ANET SWIR etc). EXTR is in all 5 categories (that's rare!). Composite/accumulation/ strength...eps etc. ) It doesn't get better than that! It's rated Composite 99: accumulation A! That's for me. I put in an order to get started on this one. Finally it's not as extremely high as $ESIO. So it's got room to grow. Thanks Woody. How did you find it?
- bsafriet: $ESIO. Gapped up and currently up 2.78%. Continues to move post earnings. Long stock.
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO - I remain long (having previously held through earnings). Now, look at $EXTR knocking on the ceiling. (Np EXTR.)
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Thanks for the tip! Checking it out now ($EXTR). Nice trade on $ESIO. I got in after earnings. Are you long $EXTR?
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO $EXTR - No. ("Np" = no position.)
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Sorry - missed that on first read.
- woodman: @bsafriet $ESIO $EXTR - No worries. Just wanted to make sure I was not being confusing.
- bsafriet: @woodman $ESIO $EXTR Quick look at EXTR makes grade. Watching for an entry.... I have a bad habit of just grapping shiny objects! Moving up fast RHRN.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $EXTR. Opened position in $EXTR, stop just below yesterday's low. $ESIO pushed stop to just under taday's low.
- thehook1: $ESIO....squeezing up...new hi
- bsafriet: @thehook1 $ESIO Looking like post earnings consolidation is over and we are moving up. Tracking the EMA(8). I'm long.
- woodman: $ESIO still rocking.
- bsafriet: $ESIO $IPGP. Optical/photonics group doing well today.
- woodman: @tjv821 $esio - just getting back in the saddle after a family vacation and attending to work projects. I did hold $ESIO through earnings, as well as $OSUR and $SEDG, all of which popped significantly upon reporting earnings. But I had others that dove while I was away. The market giveth and it taketh away.
- woodman: @tjv821 $ESIO - just getting back in the saddle after a family vacation and attending to work projects, so just now seeing your post from last week. I did hold $ESIO through earnings, as well as $OSUR and $SEDG, all of which popped significantly upon reporting earnings. But I had others that dove while I was away. The market giveth and it taketh away.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $IPGP $IIVI $AXTI $ESIO $AAOI getting hammered today. Back at post earnings low (ouch). Watching the rest and looking for the news driving the move in $ESIO today post earnings.
- bsafriet: $ESIO upgraded to buy by Bidaskclub
- spmeyers: @bsafriet $ESIO first I heard of that site; interesting
- tjv821: $esio woodman u still in this??
- woodman: $ESIO - got lucky with this one. Posted about, and bought, it yesterday.
- tejas7: @woodman $ESIO I did too after your post. In fact, i chased it. My first limit order at 8.58 got filled only for 5 shares so I chased and bought at 8.66. Broker "cheated" me out with 2 fees. But it came out alright. Oh well.. low volume stocks always had this risk unless you put AON orders.
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings moves today: $QCOM $KMI - gap and run down $AXP $PM $AA - unchanged $BX - down a little $SNA - bearish engulfing candle $ABT - breakout $CHKP - gap down $XLE - small pullback today $XLV $XBI - breaking out $GILD - moving higher after flag, expected move to $77 $JNJ - back up to highs $JAZZ - trying to breakout breakouts: $ABBV $FIZZ - phase 3 $THC - day 2 $RCL - new high $AGN - almost holding above $250 $MTSI - nice volume today $ESIO $HIMX - day 2 $HD $LOW - down on news $AKCA - #ipo on a tear $RACE - hitting $100 earnings after close: $V $MSFT $ISRG $EBAY $SLB
- woodman: $ESIO - big wedge and consolidation within uptrend5 at the 50 day. Big pennant on the weekly.
- woodman: $ESIO swinging back up (Dan's phase 3).
- woodman: $ESIO up through the 8dEMA.
- woodman: Added to each of $SSYS $ESIO and $KEM in this last half hour.
|Stock Price||$USD 20.84|
Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. is a supplier of laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry.Request Video of ESIO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 9th, 2018 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 12.36 20.49%
- $USD 45.80 18.93%
- $USD 33.48 17.45%
- $USD 112.80 -32.01%
- $USD 6.06 -30.36%
- $USD 5.09 -23.99%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 54,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (54,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!