Esperion Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ESPR)
Old Forum Content for ESPRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $EXAS $ESPR $VRTX $REGN EXAS slow motion breakout ESPR watching for range breakout. VRTX REGN squeeze out day2
- Bridget: #Notes: Healthcare stocks coming out of squeezes: $ALXN $VRTX $REGN $ESPR $PFE $MRK $CI and $AFL at new ATH $WYNN at new all time high. $LVS and $MGM also looking good $XLK - $MU back up at all time highs, $CRM working,$SMH looking strong $PANW up big on earnings, also move $CYBR and $FEYE $TECD $AMBA - down big on earnings Chinese stocks working: $BIDU $TAL $EDU $WB $SINA $XOP - recovering. $MPC $BHP $RIG making strong moves $ABT - new 52 week high $OC - great construction stock $SNDR - cup and handle Another big day for car stocks: $GM $F $FCAU $KMX.
- woodman: $ESPR been moving sideways into a rising 50 day. It's moving back up today, after testing the bottom of the range at the 50 day.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR This could go sideways for a while. Similar to before
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - True. I added a little toward the bottom of this range, b/c there has been a double digit move available within this range, but mostly I have just been holding my position with a stop below the range.
- issues: Looking at my stops on $NKE $57.76 stopped out: and $ESPR. ($44)? Anyone have stops on these?
- bRobert: $ESPR Filled the gap. Approaching rising 50d. WATCHING for resumption uptrend to add to .long
- stevef214: $ESPR $CELG Long Aug calls in both and sold 1/2 some days ago for some profit and now with todays drop sorry I didn't sell all. Learning the hard way that you can't let winners run holding calls the same way you can if holding stock.
- bRobert: @stevef214 $ESPR $CELG Short term calls are dangerous due to the limited time frame. Best to take profits, roll up calls to higher strikes further out in time etc after a $10 (20%) move in one day.
- bRobert: $GLYC $EXAS $ESPR Breakout watch. Both tight squeezes. Earnings in the rear view mirror ESPR pullback bought. short squeeze. Secondary offering. Pricing not announced
- debeers: @bRobert $GLYC $EXAS $ESPR -$EXAS has the Cannacord conference today at noon east coast time.
- stevef214: $ESPR ER missed by $.30 but reports positive results for phase II testing of their LDL cholesterol lowering drug. Now up 16% in PM. High short interest so this could run.
- bRobert: @stevef214 $ESPR 37% float is short. Measured move on breakout (if holds) is is to $70. Not necessarily in one giant step. Long stock and calls
- stevef214: @bRobert $ESPR Yes, I am long calls. Lets hope it holds. Its been pulling back over last 1/2 hour but I would expect profit taking from PM traders.
- bRobert: $ESPR This has been a big winner for everyone involved. Looking at the weekly chart there are 2 cup and handles. The little cup on the right measures to $70. The big cup measures to $90. These are longer term targets. Results may vary. This stock has had multiple chart setups that have seen their measured moves play out. The best stocks continue to play out. Raised stops. Still long calls and stock.
- Bridget: #Notes: Earnings moves today: $ALB - to support $VRX - gap and crap $MAR - still in channel $W - looking toppy, failed breakout $KORS $RL up big $ZBRA - IBD50 $PRAH - IBD50, breakout $SEAS - 59 min trade $MTW - this move is now over $TCMD - breakout $ESPR - breakout $EBIX - breakout Earnings after close: $DIS $PCLN $CBI - very high IVR $FOSL $ATHM Big turn around in the afternoon Retail continues to improve. $LULU $CHS $FL $GPS $TJX $WMT $JWN Oil continues to sink $OIH but refiners are holding $CVX $BP $COP $AAPL - breaking higher $BIDU - same $VG - up big today, new all time high, big volume $GSM - breakout $JHG - breakout $CIEN - at support $MDXG - close to breakout $DHR - breaking down further $GLNG - breaking down further
- Junior1: @issues $ESPR ER on Thursday
- issues: @Junior1 $ESPR Thanks Junior.
- issues: $ESPR vol squeeze looks to be breaking to the downside. Selling some....? Stops? Chart looks like $CLVS, no? ESPR 50 day is $41.41. Partial stop at $43.43 in place. Will buy more if it bounces off 50 day.
- bRobert: $ESPR You can barely slip a piece of paper in between this squeeze. High short interest.
- tjv821: $Espr $agfs $ichr getting taken behind the wood shed
- bRobert: @tjv821 $Espr $agfs $ichr ESPR still just in trading range.
- stevef214: #ER dates $ESPR does anyone know the date for their ER. Also where do people find ER dates. I have been using earnings cast but it does not list this one.
- EasyOut: @stevef214 $ESPR #ER TOS shows on 8/3 after market. I look on the chart of the stock on TOS to find earnings dates. Hope this helps.
- Forexpro: @stevef214 $ESPR #ER Hi, Stevef214, When in doubt, I normally just $GOOGL "Investor relations" at whatever ticker symbol, as that's where the information will be generated. In the case of $ESPR, I'm seeing nothing there. The last results were on May 4, but something around Aug 4 would be expected. FWIW; all the best!
- stevef214: @Forexpro $ESPR $GOOGL #ER thx
- stevef214: @EasyOut $ESPR #ER thx
- spmeyers: @stevef214 $ESPR #ER I use Zacks -- https://www.zacks.com/earnings/earnings-calendar; but I don't think earnings much affect ESPR
- woodman: $ESPR weekly.
- bRobert: $AGN $BLUE $INCY $CONN $ESPR $NUS $W $AL $AER $FLY Agn breakout Blue consolidating in a very tight range below 50d Incy Equilateral triangle break attempt Conn flag high short interest ESPR squeeze, high short interest Nus high short int. W Squeeze high short interest AL AER FLY Nice similar charts. Going higher
- tjv821: $espr Robert 1965 Tks for the help on this one Tj
- bRobert: @tjv821 $espr No problem. We are here to exchange ideas and help each other perform better.
- woodman: $ESPR keeps banging away at resistance. It's in a high base at a triple top area (9/2015, 3/20/17, current). It has also formed an odd looking cup (perhaps two different cups using different time spans). Whatever you call all this, it looks destined to move higher.
- woodman: $ESPR - moving well since 11:30. But biotech and the market in general found a tailwind around 11:30-11:45.
- bRobert: $ESPR squeezing. Targets $70 . $90
- tjv821: $espr feeling heavy
- bRobert: @tjv821 $espr It's in a small trading box. Sideways consolidation after big 20 point move. Very bullish IMHO . Squeezing. Not a day trade for me. Holding/adding since teens.
- tjv821: @bRobert $espr ty for setting my nerves still beating.myself up for not dumping $mram quick enough
- bRobert: $EXAS $ESPR exas nh. ESPR Breakout watch. $CP nh Coming out of a tight squeeze on weekly. Target 1 $180 Target 2 $200 Adding on pullbacks
- Bridget: I like $ESPR here on this move higher
- bRobert: $ESPR Trigger $50. Measured Targets $70 + $90. Large short interest. Almost 1/2 the float.
- rbrown2222: @bRobert $ESPR ..I like the move but needs more volume
- bRobert: @rbrown2222 $ESPR If it clears $50 you might get your wish. I understand your point but I'll take price in the right direction over volume. If you look at the initial run up from the teens, the volume was not heavy. Many runs in this bull market have been on low volume which confounds the pros. Ultimately price is the only truth.
- stevef214: $ESPR picking up speed now I have July $45calls which are now back in black and with only one week left I am planning to sell today or at least half.
- bobbybwana: $BABA,$GOOS,$ESPR,$FB,$X,$SSNC I had a large cash position so I have made these purchases the last couple of weeks. Hopefully these positions work out.
$ESPR - making a move higher
$BX - breakout
$YY - breakout
$BEAT - phase 3, new all time high
$SYK - looks like phase 3
$MA/$V - both look strong here
$AMGN - flag, then continuation
$UPS - flag, then continuation
$KKR - breaking out of squeeze
- tjv821: $espr leaving the party for now
- bRobert: @tjv821 $espr $espr avatar Look at the daily chart. What don't you like? Very bullish setup with a high target potential (70's) I understand why you might have been shaken out early today. Biotech was weak but this stock saw buying on the initial drop and closed near the high of the day. This may not be your kind of stock but it is doing nothing wrong.
- bRobert: $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI osur clvs espr celg beat Many flags/pennants waving. Watching Medical equipment perky. Will add to some longs.
- debeers: @bRobert $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI ====$EXAS for me, you can have the others because the UNH endorsement will make them make their numbers even without the other endorsements from the other HMO's.
- bRobert: @debeers $OSUR $CLVS $ESPR $CELG $BEAT $ALGN $MDT $EW $BSX $ISRG $EXAS $MASI Agree about EXAS potential growth and future potential applications of the technogy to other cancers eg pancreatic EW MDT are slow steady growers with important proprietary technology that saves considerable amount of money to healthcare system. EW's TAVR procedure replaces a sternotomy (cracked chest, invasive for open heart valve replacement). And the patients have fewer complications. Indications expanding. ALGN has phenomenal growth and is expanding worldwide. Great weekly chart.
- tjv821: $espr ride over??
- bRobert: @tjv821 $espr The stock has run up from 30 to 50 in 1 month. Trading sideways on low volume is very bullish (no sellers).. Barring a black swan event, this can go much higher. Large short interest = rocket fuel. with move above 50
- tjv821: @bRobert $espr Tks for the reply
- bRobert: $ESPR $GBT $EXAS ESPR Positive action after low vol pullback/flag. If clears 50.50 , target 70. GBT Long sideways consolidation. Chart looks very similar to ESPR prior to recent breakout. Long . Will add with upside resolution EXAS starting to squeeze, just above 50d
- bRobert: $ESPR Watching flag Will add to long stock/calls if triggers Target 70+
- stevef214: @bRobert $ESPR I wish the flag was going the other way seems to have lower highs and lows and going to bottom of flagpole.
- tjv821: $espr time to abandon ship??
- tejas7: @tjv821 $espr it's an inside day today. Decide tomorrow- if it prints inside day and up or inside day and down. @Aragorn can guide better on this strategy.
- Henry: @tejas7 $espr It's up 45% to yesterdays high in 6 trading days. Should you expect from the stock?
- bRobert: $ESPR Short squeeze continues. Target off weekly $90
- stevef214: $ESPR BO from recent flag. Long thx to @bRobert
- tcw23: @stevef214 $ESPR @bRobert if bull flag flies at half staff, are we looking at 65 at new PT?
- DAN: @tcw23 $ESPR I'd estimate it to be a bit lower if you're using a "measured move". The "flag pole" is typically measured from the level of the breakout rather than the bottom. Approximate measurement is $7.75 (from the early June high). So I'd look for a minimum of about $53 bucks.
- bRobert: $ESPR $CP ESPR MAJOR Leg up in short squeeze. Long term technical target 80 . $CP breakout on yearly chart. Long leaps Rail cars TRN GBX GATX continue to outperform . Earnings GBX in am
- bRobert: $GBT $ESPR Chart of GBT looks remarkably similar to ESPR prior to the pop. Very tight intraday squeeze. Long . Stop 27.40 Will add above 32.1
- bRobert: $espr Will add above 45.1 weekly chart cup /handle target 80
- tjv821: $espr what are we dng with stock?
- bRobert: $ESPR Short squeeze continues Added to long at 43.40 as planned. Raising trailing stops all positions. 35% short interest
- bRobert: $espr Added on bounce $41. raising stops
- bRobert: $espr Initial inverse h&s target met. 43 +. trailing stops raised
- bRobert: $ESPR weekly chart has great potential if breakout continues
- bRobert: $ESPR Squeezing on the 5d and intraday. charts Will add above 43.5
- bRobert: $espr $gild Added to position on breakout above 36. 35% short interest. Inv hesd& shoulder targets 43 Added to gild calls
- tjv821: $espr sell into this??
- bRobert: $espr. $luv Continuing to add to espr. Raising trailing stops. Major short squeeze. Initial target mid 40s Luv. Nh. Will add above 61.30. target 70. Added to gild calls.
- spmeyers: @tjv821 $espr a close above 40 should bring in more buyers
- issues: @spmeyers $espr Added to ESPR because the chart has plenty of room at the top...
- bRobert: $espr Squeeze continues. Added 40.1. raised trailing stop.
- woodman: @bRobert $espr - great call on this one.
- bRobert: @woodman $espr Sometimes a blind squirrel finds the nut. I've been patiently stalking this one for a while.
- woodman: @bRobert $espr - your stalking didn't go unnoticed, at least by me. It wasn't all that long ago that I gave up on my $ESPR. Here I'd been watching the last few days, seeing your posts, but my limited available funds went elsewhere.
- Sher: @bRobert $espr - Wow... What's behind the 19% jump, today? Surely not just their presenting at a healthcare conference...
- woodman: @Sher $espr - dunno, but I did see someone (not here) refer to ESPR as "the poster child for 'lower regulations.'"
- bRobert: @Sher $espr Massive short squeeze. Emerging from a long period of sideways consolidation following a volatility breakout from 10 to 40+. A little kindling and a bonfire starts.
- bRobert: @tjv821 $espr I didn't. I have a low cost basis and have booked profits from the prior run. IMHO this stock has much more potential. Very high short interest. Long consolidation. I'm using a combination of options and stock. Raising trailing stops. I've been adding to a winning hand. One tactic is to take partial profits and let the rest ride.
- bRobert: $Ibb $xbi. $incy. $amgn $espr Xbi ibb squeeze / break out
- bRobert: $espr Frisky coming out of long sideways consolidation. 5 d chart target 37 inv h&s triggered. Raised stop 33.90
- bRobert: $ESPR squeeze watch. Long sideways cosolidation. starter position just below friday low 32.4
- bRobert: $CELG $ESPR CELG potentially running into short term resistance area around 127 - 128 Good move from 114. Raising stops. Weekly chart shows long term potential 160 target if clears area . ESPR Big short float. Long sideways consolidation. Will add on breakout Stop 33.30 all positions
- bRobert: $OC $INCY $ESPR $PLSE OC breakout $incy counter trend trade off double bottom. PLSE breakout watch out of high base
- bRobert: $espr added with stop 34.40 from 5d chart. Squeezing
- bRobert: $DVAX . $ESPR DVAX Phase 3 following high volume breakout from tight squeeze.. High short interest. $ESPR .on my radar Long sideways consolidation following breakout. High short interest
- woodman: @bRobert $DVAX $ESPR -- DVAX's Heplisav (Hep B vaccine) PDUFA is August 10, 2017 and its Advisory Committee Meeting is July 28, 2017.
- woodman: $ESPR - I bought this today. Pullback looks like it over as it seems to be moving out of its downward channel (since late March). But we shall see.
- mprockow: Is this a good entry point for $ESPR
- genki: @mprockow $ESPR It has support around 32 and resistance 38. Now it's at about mid point. So you have about 3 point upside in short term.
- tjv821: $espr on a roll
- issues: $ESPR looks like it's going to recover to reach the mountain top once again. We hold 1/2 position and are thinking of adding RHRN.
- tjv821: $espr what happened
|Stock Price||$USD 56.08|
Esperion Therapeutics Inc is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of patients with elevated levels of elevated levels of LDL-C.Request Video of ESPR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 22nd, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 6.14 130.20%
- $USD 160.44 52.66%
- $USD 8.45 52.47%
- $USD 8.00 -56.82%
- $USD 37.96 -40.51%
- $USD 7.90 -38.16%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 52,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (52,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!