Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB)
Old Forum Content for FBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- judysteiner: $FB Broke 129.
- bigbartabs: @judysteiner $FB ... did you mean "broke til 129"? Boy, me too. That's how life works isn't it? If broke, I'll most certainly live til 129.
- Bridget: Notes: $GOOGL - making a earnings run $FB - also appearing to make a run higher, ER on 2/1 $BABA - breaking higher and reports tomorrow morning $VIRT - breakout on volume, ER on 2/2 $HD - breakout of a squeeze, nearing the 52 week high, ER 2/21 $MHK - also breakout from squeeze, ER on 2/9 $HUM and $AET deal is blocked, $CI, $ESRX and $CVS are now potential buyers $QCOM down on news of being sued by $AAPL
- woodman: @bigbartabs $FB - You've described my father-in-law.
4. $FB – resistance at $130ish. Chasing now, so be careful.
5. $AMZN – earnings Thursday, 1/26
6. $NFLX – running into earnings next Wednesday.
7. $GOOGL -- $840 ATH.
8. $TSLA – Still holding that Trendline.
9. $STMP – ...
- JJT1: $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL My insistence on holding the FANG&A stocks is being tried as $GOOGL is definitely no $AMZN. $AAPL continues to consolidate at high level and rest, $AMZN amazes, NFLX seems to be breaking slowly out of cup and handle, $FB got the memo about an earnings run, $GOOGL is dogging it.
- tradeforfamily: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL holding 3 of the 5, $FB $NFLX $AMZN
- JJT1: @tradeforfamily $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL Cherry picked the movers! ;-)
- JJT1: $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL FANG stocks and apple now all sideways but between their EMA and upper BB. Never owned them all at same time.Bought $AMZN Jan 795 calls this AM thinking after 2 inside days was poised to move today. Wrong (so far). Also thought $NFLX would move higher so bought Feb 130 Calls. Still to decide whether owning FANGA is smart or dumb.
- champ: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL --- Not really anything wrong with moving sideways ...thats positive...not negative but we need to see if they hold....and they do need to consolidate after the nice move that they all had. Drugs took everything down...now traders/investors are watching for direction and thinking about...what to do...but nothing has really changed but the market needs to confirm if thats true... before it moves back-up...don't really know how long thats going to take...maybe today or in the next few days...most banks are holding for now..and also moving sideways and down a little... $XLF $KRE $KBE $FAS $BAC.
- Bridget: @Obsxllc $AMZN $FB and $GOOGL are as well
- Bruce B.: @JJT1 $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL ....Looking better, yes JJ
- champ: $TSLA $STZ $FB ....still holding these swings trades form Friday morning....sold 1/2 on the close and I did not add back this morning ...at this point.... but all are still working for now and these Day trades from Friday have now turned into swing trades with trailing bracketed stops....I will let all work... until...they get stop out stopped....with profits....and I posted on all.
- debeers: @Bridget $CSX $MS $GS $SCHW $WMB $MON $EBAY $ADBE $FB $APO $BABA $BIDU $NTES $SHOP $ABC $SND $WR $HPE Bridget, thanks so much for the work you do on squeezes. You have a great eye and i appreciate this stuff on the financials more than you know. Thanks again.
- JJT1: $FB 50 day crosses 200 day from above as $FB jumps both today. And at top of trading channel. Thnik I will wait till breaks over 100 day SMA (124 and change)
- michaelH: @JJT1 $FB looks like a break out to me
- JJT1: @michaelH $FB Yep. Dollars coming into FANG stocks today. I have Positions in $AMZN and $NFLX and TRY on Fridays to take profits and sell premium and cull the losers.
- champ: $AMZN $FB $STZ $AGN $SPX --- The markets really seem to be alright...just trying to find direction. Oil is just flat @ $53.71 down only - $0.05... which is down from todays hi @ $53.32 but just zig-zagging as expected....however, all the energy names are all red... for no real reason....at this point. I added back to $AMZN & $AGN this morning near the lows and both appear to be making the move that we have been waiting for....and I started new Spec Day trades with $STZ $FB and $TSLA with stops on all at entry....and I would like to swing all but the markets have to cooperate or all will be stoped out unless I move them a little....but I'm now thinking I will be swinging my full position in $STX ....great company on good earnings....I had a post earlier.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN $FB $STZ $AGN $SPX $TSLA $STX I was following your AMZN trade. What is your cue for timing of entry? Is your confirmation a closing above VWAP on a 1 or 3 minute chart. I am just trying to understand the mechanics of this. Sorry for such an elementary question.
- inthesticks: @champ $AMZN $FB $STZ $AGN $SPX $TSLA $STX I think you meant $STZ in swinging full position
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN $FB $STZ $AGN $SPX $TSLA $STX ---No problem... The News on the stock this morning was very positive in the PM....and you are aware of the news about the big box stores....and that news more or less confirmed...the great sales comme ...
- champ: $AMZN out 1/2 @ $798.62 & $FB out 1/2 on ea.....profits ...again Risk Management and I would like to add back on Monday morning...just staying on plan.
- Bridget: Notes: Quite a few stocks broke out today, but many are showing bearish divergence in the MACD on both the daily and weekly chart. Makes me skeptical of buying these on the breakout. e.g. $CSX $MS, $GS, $SCHW - all coming out of squeeze $WMB - new 52 week high for the uptrending stock coming out of consolidation, this is not a trading stock $MON - big breakout on volume after earnings $EBAY - nice breakout today $ADBE - breaking out of downward channel, this is not a trading stock $FB - Recovered the 200 and 50MA. Looks like triple bottom at $115 $APO - new 52 week high on volume, cup pattern $BABA $BIDU $NTES $SHOP - inside days today after breakout, watch next week $ABC - this breakout continues to work $SND - this ipo is working $WR - short candidate $HPE - looking very toppy
- JJT1: $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL FANG stocks all slightly green or better on red day. Trying to catch up?
- effbee: $FB @ 50and 200day MA. started a small J27 $110 put position FWIW
$FB – base completing?
$BABA – very choppy stock. Only for active traders…IMO.
$AKAM – forming the right side of a $5-$6 cup. $70 is resistance here.
$ULTA – good consolidation. Can start a position here, with mo ...
- Geewhiz: @Gary $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $SOCL $AMZN $BIDU $YNDX $FB $BABA $NFLX $AKAM $ULTA $ANET $CLVS $TSRO $AGN $VRX $ENDP $COR $FN #NOTES Fast video has not been available more frequently than usual. Not a good trend. :-) Any reason for this issue. Thank you
- fuzzball: $FB @effbee - Looks like earnings date is now the following week. Maybe the market had anticipated the week of Jan 27 instead. That would cause a huge volatility collapse and kill option prices the week of the 27th. Just guessing...
- fuzzball: $FB @effbee - TOS showing Feb 1 after the close...
- DAN: @effbee $FB what strike?
- traderbren: $FB - buying interest. check intraday chart.
- Bridget: I'm taking off a bit early today to do some christmas shopping. Notes: I'm seeing many good 2017 performers losing steam and starting to pull back. Retail stores are also seeing a bigger pullback today. Breakouts: $BRKS - could not find any news on why $MU - gap and holding on earnings $WATT - short squeeze $FB and $TWTR - continuing to show weakness. I own puts on FB with a stop above $120 Oil: $CVI and $CVRR - Carl Ichan stocks that are getting the Trump bump $MMP - this is looking unstoppable $SUN - this underperformer saw a big reversal today Retail: Stocks are breaking down, I haven't bought puts yet but I would recommend selling into strength if we get a bounce tomorrow. $XRT $WMT $TGT $JWM $DKS IPOs $VSM - turning over $PI - toppy $FRTA - working $KNSL working
- Wolf: $FB Is this setting up for a short? Last dip, it touched the lower BB. Long weekly 117 puts @ .42
- hawk327: @Gary $YHOO That's why I only communicate through $FB. That way I know my personal information remains private and secure ;-).
- bigbartabs: @hawk327 $YHOO $FB ... not to mention fake news at your finger tips. What could be more convenient?
- Aragorn: $FB went inside week and up now above he 8 21 and 200 and definitely looking more interesting than it did before today
- DrScience: @Aragorn $FB Nice move today and good momentum, holding the 8 EMA on 5-min chart. But, the bigger picture has stock right in the middle of no-man's-land -- congestion -- with the 50 DMA ($123.80) overhead. The Hoodie needs to say something investors can hang their hats on! Long FEB 120/DEC 125 Diagonal Call Spread.
- michaelH: $FB Know Dan is negative on this, but todays action looks like its forming a W pattern. Is that a basing pattern that could lead to a break out, or is it just channeling and in the top of the range? Any tech gurus have an opinion on this?
- Aragorn: @DrScience $FB not out of trouble yet potential W pattern as mentioned but 100ema and 50 overhead
- phgruver: @michaelH $FB For the "W" to work, it's got to clear the middle high with authority, that's about $122.98. Nice move today, but it's got more work to do. (I'm not a guru, I just picked that up from some IBD tutorials a while back....)
- orpheusredux: @michaelH $FB @Dan and @Bridget are the experts, but to my eye if it breaks above $124.7 it will look good. Today's action is definitely nothing to sneeze at. I am long via calls spreads and call 'flies (Dec 30).
- glens13: @michaelH $FB - Instagram live streaming is a game changer - 50sma daily is up around 124ish. gap fill up around 126ish. lots of Dec OI at 125 calls
- PhilHarmonic: @michaelH $FB is a stock you can watch and then take action when it gives you an idea where it is heading. To buy it now would tie up your cash. There are much better charts to buy at this point in time. Of course there is no guarantees in this money game.
- DAN: @michaelH $FB Today's action is bullish. Changes the character of the stock, and I'd say that a "double bottom" has occurred at $115. If you are interested in buying FB, this would be a good place to do it...positive price action, and a well-defined support level just 6% below the current price. 8-)
- rokey: $FB I have (small) position, my cost at current price here (around 121.5) rode it all the way down to its recent low, I am bewildered, should I keep or sell! any thoughts?
- glens13: @rokey $FB - looks like it may pin around the 125 strike this week - hold/add imho
- rokey: @glens13 $FB thanks, appreciate yr opinion.
- glens13: @rokey $FB - always welcome - good luck - in some weekly 123 calls - may create a spread with the 126's
- rokey: @glens13 $FB That is a calendar spread (diagonal) I guess, I was looking at some options strategies, thanks2 :-)
- judysteiner: $FB as its riding the 8 eam been a buyer
6. $FB – Struggling below 200-day MA…and 50-day MA.
7. $AMZN – jailbird. Consolidating…but underperforming by a LOT.
8. $NFLX – bearish quasi-engulfing pattern
9. $GOOGL – top of channel.
10. $AAPL – at r ...
- ivan: Is $FB dead money ?
- Aragorn: @ivan $FB FB is in conflict, red month green week and day but below the 8ema daily I see it more short han long untilt he 8eama is taken out tot he upside
- Henry: @ivan $FB I agree with Aragorn for a short term view. If you are Karen Finnerman with long term view and think the market has got it wrong, then maybe it's a but here. No position for me.
8. $FB – Not getting many likes.
9. $TWTR – volatility squeeze. Trump effect?
10. $HPE – steady uptrend.
11. $SOXL – good momentum.
12. $XLE – energy steady mover. Higher risk b/c of underlying commodity. Oil.
13. $OI ...
- steve71: $NFLX $FB Started a Netflix position yesterday, and added today. Of the FANGs, that chart looks best to me. I am specifically avoiding Facebook because of the pending Snap (formerly Snapchat) IPO. Snap and Facebook are similar, and probably investors will spread their stock buys between the companies. Snap definitely has the momentum, with younger users posting there.
- Wolf: $FB Bottom fishing. Started a position @ 15.57, Stop @ 14.42. Weekly 115/114 bear put spread hedge Net debit .30.
17. $FB – unfriend.
18. $NFLX – sloppy
19. $HPE – working!
20. $CENX – working. Also look at Alcoa (AA)
21. $ICE – growing a bit faster than $CME. Good uptrend after a 5:1 split.
22. $SOXL – suppor ...
- janner0814: Similarly.... let's look at $FB.... Yes I know the comments re: $FB..... ask yourself..... have you been mentored? If yes continue on.... if you answered "NO." .. stop reading this commentary. 🤔😣 Look at the embedded chart.... Now.... where is $FB being pushed to? Yes, a prior support and #DOUBLEBOTTOM territory. So DON'T jes' forget $FB...WATCH what happens!!! And be a mentored... not just a follower. 😎😉 #QUESTIONSareETERNAL http://tinyurl.com/thinkdifferent1997
- PhilHarmonic: $FB An old love that seems to be out of favor.
- drmike54: @PhilHarmonic $FB 'An old love that seems to be out of favor'...... doesn't that make her an ex.......????
- DAN: $GOOGL $FB $AMZN $NFLX These "FANG" stocks really need to be avoided. They're just under distribution. Don't focus on them now. I took a GOOGL trade this morning via calls. Working really well and quite profitable. Had to leave my office for a short time. Placed some stops at various price levels so that an adverse price move would gradually take me out of the position with either a small profit, or small loss, depending on how the stock moved. I got back to the office. Boom! Completely flat, except for a far out-of-the-money bull put spread, which is profitable. My point: These stocks just aren't friendly right now, and it doesn't pay to spend time with mere acquaintances.
- Lavrock: @DAN $GOOGL $FB $AMZN $NFLX - Dan's comments on these stocks reminds me of $AAPL when it lost its luster but many traders had trouble forgetting it.
- tradeforfamily: @DAN $GOOGL $FB $AMZN $NFLX Do you suggest getting out even if they are long term hold? thanks
- DAN: @tradeforfamily $GOOGL $FB $AMZN $NFLX $AAPL I do. I think there are better long-term holds than the FANG stocks. They are all either testing their 200-day moving averages, or are below their 200-day moving averages. I think a good rule of thumb for long term holds is to insist that the price be above the 200-day moving average. If it dips below that moving average, then you are simply wrong on the direction of the stock. I.e., the current price is lower than the average price over the last 200 days. That's a lonely place to be. Hope that helps. Dan
- Aragorn: @janner0814 is that your new nickname? We have a Doc here already LOL. $UVXY no trades I it for me but walked up the 8ema on a 15 all day until t went above the bollingers inside 15 down at top of Bollingers after a slight higher high outside the bollingers the tell to get out. Now inside 15up VXX they are getting a bit scared now Q's just dropped and took $FB back below VWAP. I was short got shaken out should have held
- DAN: $TAP $FB -- I suggested this Bear Put Spread on $TAP, which I like a lot. I think it'll work. I am also watching Facebook closely. If the stock starts breaking down below $115, it just might continue to fall for a while. A break of $115 would ind ...
- janner0814: @Aragorn $UVXY $FB lol..... yes my buddy & fellow prescient member @DrScience, inspired me to focus on my specialty 😂 "janner is my name & volatility is my game" (& way of life 😁) As you have demonstrated J.... having a #METHOD in trading, allows one to see trends ... well before the UNTRAINED eye. http://i.imgur.com/TRgkX4y.jpg
- bigbartabs: @PhilHarmonic $FB ... is it all about the "fake news" issue? Kind of surprising... although tech has been a mess the last couple days.
- tradeforfamily: @DAN $GOOGL $FB $AMZN $NFLX $AAPL Thanks yes it help.
$FB - breaking down below the 200MA, starting to look like a short set-up
$ESV - nice breakout on high volume. Wait for the pullback before entering
$JNPR - broke through its earnings pop high today, setting higher highs and higher lows. Look to buy ...
- traderbren: $GOOGL and $FB seeing a bid this morning.
- DrScience: @traderbren $FB $GOOGL Both making Inside day and up through the 20 DMA.
- Trixie: @issues $UA $UAA $UAC is $FB supposed to do something similar?
- Aragorn: $FB it is so important t know your levels and MA point FB pulled back to the 8ema daily then went nice trade
even better on low volume days....and it has been mostly good for traders.... Friday might be more the same but it could all change...on Monday...but the markets have a lot of new buyers daily....this could even go on for weeks.... if more retail b ...
- Robert1965: Looking at $AMBR, $FB, and $FCX, Missed all yesterday, is it too late?
- PhilHarmonic: @Robert1965 $AMBR $FB $FCX Dan mentions these stocks in recent strategy sessions. You should follow Dan's advice. Especially good advice from Dan is to take a small position and then add to it later should the stock advance. I had a hard time learning to buy strong stocks as they were continuing to move up. Its a skill that has to be developed over a period of time. Also risk management will help you gain confidence in making purchases.
- Robert1965: @PhilHarmonic $AMBR $FB $FCX Purchased $AMBR at 11.51, $FCX $11.81, MPC $48.19, all on the way up except $AMBR, on a dip $11.56-11.31, now to set a good stop
- bigbartabs: @janner0814 $AMBR $FB $FCX #DANG I might have to retire the #BOING ... Say what?... you might have to retire the Bong? Ahhh ok... now I understand all the hash tags :)
- bigbartabs: @janner0814 $AMBR $FB $FCX #BONGSareINFERNO #DANG #BOING .... Cheech & Chong... now that there brings back some high school memories. We must have listened to all their 8-Tracks a thousand times :)
- janner0814: @bigbartabs 😃 Bong ala "Cheech & Chong?" In my #ALWAYS serious manner, I present the SMM #BONG stocks with a dedication & play on your ACRONYM(s)... #BBT http://tinyurl.com/bigBONGthoughts 😉 #BONGSareINFERNO😎 $AMBR $FB $FCX #DANG #BOING
- Trixie: @janner0814 $AMBR $FB $FCX #ALWAYS #BONG #BBT #BONGSareINFERNO #DANG #BOING FPr tose of use who don't understand your hashtag system would you care to explain? i had thought they where for a way to reference posts.. and that is the way i try to use them, often for things relating to a sector or grouping of stocks.. However I haven't been able to find the golden thread to understand how yours tie together..
- gwenzee: @Trixie $AMBR $FB $FCX #ALWAYS #BONG #BBT #BONGSareINFERNO #DANG #BOING I think this is his "Poetic License" which can drive one to the insane asylum. He just might be the caretaker there. Personally find them difficult to read and infernally annoying. But, free speech and to each his own.
- Trixie: $FB reasonable reclamation of the 200ma.Vol not superb yet..
- issues: @Bridget $ELF Do you have any shorts on? I am thinking of these as shorts: $JAZZ $MOH $NKE $PAYC $AMGN. I like these as longs $ABMD $FB $NXPI
- DAN: $FB working well. Rebound continues on daily chart off key moving average. The attached chart of the 5 minute chart shows the stock moving to a new high today...not really common during the middle of the trading day.
- champ: $ABMD and $FB ....Day trading with stops @ entry ....but both stops have now been moved up to trailing and if I swing....I will be taking 1/2 off and new trailing stops. After the market closes today.... I will be looking for more targets but only if we get another up market day.
- champ: $FB and $ABMD swinging both into the AH's.....
25. $LN – Obviously bottomed.
- Lou: Done for the week - busy day - rolled short $UA puts; opened synthetic long with short puts/long calls in $LVS; taking in stock - per plan - from short $CHRW $FB and $MGM puts. All except $FB are quite profitable and $FB is slightly under water but I want to own it. Expired short puts in $CNX $MGM $CMA $ETP $FLR $ETE. All in all, a decent expiry and am happy with the week/month. Enjoy the weekend all. Corrected - $CNX short puts should expire.
- bigbartabs: @Lou $UA $LVS $CHRW $FB $MGM $CNX $CMA $ETP $FLR $ETE ... I own $AMZN and started $FB. It seems to me the chances of these going much lower is less than they going higher. If'm I'm wrong... a paper cut.
- bigbartabs: $FB ... looks like news of a stock buy back... shot up to $118.70. I guess we'll see if it puts it above the 200dma on Monday.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN #scarystuff $FB buys Facial Recognition app https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/16/facial-gesture-controls/
- bigbartabs: @bnnybklyn $FB #scarystuff ... that sounds dangerous. I wonder if there will soon be a Facebook search "Find all internet pictures of this person..." I'm sure glad digital pictures came about after I was about 40.
- DrScience: $FB selling off in the PM as company reports finding more miscalculate metrics. Somehow, "OOPS!" doesn't quite capture the market's sentiment on the revelation.
- Iceman: #FANG - getting crushed $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL
- orpheusredux: @bigbartabs $TQQQ $AAPL Even though $AAPL and $FB may have bottomed here and look enticing at these levels, I wouldn't buy either yet. They may just wind up trading sideways and then you're money's dead. I'd wait till they re-establish upward motion.
- bigbartabs: @orpheusredux $TQQQ $AAPL $FB ... the problem with tech, driven by the Fang stocks... upward motion might be another sling shot. My position in $TQQQ was not large... I would have held it if I'd been watching the Apple chart closer.
COTD: $FB – 200-day MA not holding. This is different. Not where you want to be. Institutions aren’t protecting it. More supply.
Aerospace/Financials/Transports/Metals are working.
$SPX – tired. Hoping this will rest a while ...
|Stock Price||$USD 143.68|
Facebook Inc operates a social networking website. The Company's products are Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Oculus. Its products enable people to connect and share through mobile devices and personal computers.Request Video of FB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Facebook hit a new all-time high today.By Bridget June 23rd, 2015
- Time to Friend Facebook (FB)?By Dan December 4th, 2013
- April 26th, 2017 - 2017 Q1 Earnings
- May 3rd, 2017 - 2017 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 30.41 24.80%
- $USD 52.23 18.82%
- $USD 38.32 14.22%
- $USD 20.92 -10.09%
- $USD 268.97 -6.21%
- $USD 14.63 -2.03%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 46,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (46,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!