Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB)
Old Forum Content for FBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- grcjr: $NFLX $FB $NVDA $MU - was focused on $NFLX (closed what I had left .. so it should bounce now ... yup) and then noticed a number of other charts also looking similar.
- stevef214: $FB Aug $155 calls stopped out for nice profit
- CHOFF: Upcoming FAANG earnings reminder: $GOOGL July 24 $FB July 26 $AMZN July 27 $AAPL Aug 1
- sierramp: $FB Jan Koum, Director, sold $576M in last 4 days. That seems excessive.
- bRobert: $FB Fib target 170. Long calls
- basicind: $FB FB in flag pattern?
- basicind: @DAN $FB are we still piling on?
- bRobert: @basicind $FB Blast off pattern. Was a flagpole . Measured move from breakout to pole . 160 - 155 . = 5 + 160 = 165. Raise stops
- CHOFF: @bRobert $FB - careful; this tends to crush earnings consistently yet the stock drops 3 out of 4 quarters for several days/weeks. Hope this time it's different. NP - can't justify entry, but want some.
- bRobert: @CHOFF $FB Earnings 7/26 . Use appropriate risk management. Puts are cheap . Take partial profits. roll calls out etc.
- CHOFF: @CHOFF $FB whoops, I had another ticker up when I looked at wrong earnings date. Yes, I suspect $FB will run into earnings next week. After earnings is a crap shoot.
- Lynda: @optionswealth #Holding This is funny, I've been struggling since this morning with the same issue. I ended up lightening on $FB but I still kept some shares.
- optionswealth: $FB I had a reply to my post but I want to answer it on both forums. I could choose to close out $FB but July options expiration show it should get pulled toward 165 which is fine, it just made it over that level, and options for Aug are most prolif ...
- champ: $FB HOD and ATH ....this is a breakout and it could go much higher....just have to wait and see ....I'm still holding.
- bRobert: @champ $FB Shot through 1.618 fib extension like butter.($162.6) 2.618 fib extension = $170 Potential target (not necessarily in a direst shot)
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLK - health care bill dead $HUM $CI $AET $UNH down, but $ACHC holding nicely $IBM - reports after hours $JNJ - bullish engulfing $CZR - breakout, $MGM also looks good $EROS - breakout $TRU - breakout to new high $V - making a run along with $PYPL, ER on 7/20 $RTN - has room to run, ER 7/27 $FB - new highs with many other tech stocks $TTMI - close to new high $RH - another new 52 week high $JD - W pattern $HCC - #ipo working $TRVG - working $AYX - ipo working $CMG - getting crushed again on news
- optionswealth: $DHI $FB $NVDA $AAPL $XBI is trying to break above 80, $DHI is trying to break above 37, $FB is pausing after trying to break above 160, $AAPL is above its 50 dma on a month time frame and hitting its head on the 150 mark, $NVDA is working its way back to ~168.50 which is its all time high. It touched that high then fell dramatically last time. Everything looks healthy and constructive in each of these. Earning for these are close at hand.
- stevef214: $FB STC Aug $145 calls for nice profit. Will look to reenter on PB.
- bobbybwana: $BABA,$GOOS,$ESPR,$FB,$X,$SSNC I had a large cash position so I have made these purchases the last couple of weeks. Hopefully these positions work out.
- optionswealth: $FB $NVDA $DHI $AAPL $XBI I took a look at these positions from the point of view of the MAC D Histogram because earnings are coming in all but the $XBI of course. Based on that the MAC D of $FB E 7/26 (12 days) $DHI E 7/26 MAC D downward slope Look at both again on Tues. $AAPL Look at this again on TH E 8/01 MAC D Moving up $NVDA MAC D just beginning to move up. Look at this again on Thurs. I'm sure I'll look at these before day mentioned. I just can help myself LOL It does help me to get this in my mind so that I know some of my thinking process. I also look at the charts, etc. I wanted to look at these through the lens of the MACD I've regretted it when I don't pay attention to the MACD when I make entries.
- Geewhiz: @optionswealth $FB $NVDA $DHI $AAPL $XBI Nice method of trading Good luck
- DAN: $FB -- breaking out of squeeze (5 minute chart shows what's happening)
- DAN: $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB -- these are all working today, gang.
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB (add $OLLI)
- DAN: @cmaxwel1 $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB $OLLI OLLI working too...but it is testing resistance now, between $43 and $44. But you know I like Ollie.
- Vehid: @DAN $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB Based on the pattern that we witnessed recently, is it fair to say a sell off is expected and we should ready with tight stops?
- DAN: @Vehid $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB I wouldn't say a "selloff"...but many stocks are certainly at the top of their ranges. In this market, I'd always suggest keeping fairly tight stops. Not so tight that you're almost sure to get stopped out...but tight enough so that, if you are stopped out, your day isn't ruined.
- Robert1965: @DAN $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB Nice call on $FB
- DAN: @Robert1965 $VEEV $WB $FSLR $SPWR $FB Thanks, Robert1965.
- optionswealth: $FB This is a perfect example of two sides of the trade. I've had Facebook for a while waiting for it to breakout. I knew earnings were close but being away from home I couldn't remember exactly when so looked it up and wherever I looked it said today after the bell. I've had breakouts that failed and moved back into the channel a number of times lately and not trusting the breakout or holding over earnings, I sold at the very price you suggested as a limit. It has gone higher today, but under the circumstances, I don't regret selling for a profit. I can always get back in at a good opportunity. Finally home and happy. This was an OMM options trade.
- mharps: @optionswealth $FB I have $FB at July 26. I dont think it's today
- optionswealth: @mharps $FB It isn't today. I looked after I got home. I'm out now so I didn't retain it in my memory as to when it is. Better safe than sorry. I do find that my phone app it nothing compared to working from my laptop, but in a pinch, at least I'm connected.
- stevef214: $FB I tried to add yesterday but my bid did not hit. now today up again but its the third day. Now I am wondering if I should wait until it BO > $155.50 or so. @Dan or anyone have any opinions?
- Bridget: @stevef214 $FB I would not buy today on day 3. Wait for a breakout or a pullback to the 50dma, for a short term trade.
- Nepenthe: @Bridget $FB I know we might be splitting hairs on a price for a breakout, but what would you consider as an alert? I'm looking at two, 155.59, the high on 6/9, and 156.50, the high on 6/26. Today I took some off once it breached 155 just to be safe, yet I keep a core position for either of your scenarios.
- Bridget: @Nepenthe $FB I would use the $156.50 as the most recent level of resistance. A break above that would be a good sign for movement higher.
- Nepenthe: @Bridget $FB Duly noted. Thank you.
- stevef214: @Bridget $FB OK, that's what I had planned but good to have some other input. Thx
- bRobert: $FB Strongest of fang. Attempting to reclaim 50D Higher lows. Looking like ascending triangle. Long Leap calls
- captron: $FB - Added some to the long term holdings. Stop @ 147.50.
- optionswealth: $FB $XBI These charts look the same this morning. They dropped and now basing, if that base for today holds.
- Mpower27: @optionswealth $FB $XBI FB has average volume of 17m. Half hour into the day it's already at 16m. I do not see what news brought out the action.
- Junior1: @Mpower27 $FB $XBI I see volume at 4.45 Million for the day
- optionswealth: @Mpower27 $FB $XBI The chart doesn't look much different than the NDX. I posted yesterday about where would the money come from that was going into financials. I think it is coming from Tech. If a fund has been holding tech and financials are now moving in such a positive direction, it makes sense they would work toward a balance of their portfolios with this opportunity.
- Mpower27: @Junior1 $FB $XBI I think what I was looking at was something that had not updated from yesterday
- basicind: @DAN Are you adding to your $FB today?
- trader123: The technology bloodbath resumes, the bears have taken control again. Let's hope the bulls can make a stand soon. Watching $AMZN $FB $GOOGL
- JJT1: $FB Bought $FB Jul 145 calls when FB at 150 ish and 50 day SMA. In the money, small and spec.
- DAN: @basicind $FB I actually sold my facebook today. Since I just bought it yesterday, I'm ok with just selling it for a small loss. I don't think there's a risk of it getting away from me. Weak market.
- Vehid: I have been in Facebook since 2007 and never seen it so empty lately. Not that many active friends there. Mostly moved to Instagram and other platforms. I cannot convince myself to have a long position in $FB. I think it is in a rough path. Maybe because of being overloaded by ads, or simply because the taste is changed in people does not want to share there. I know that it is still very popular outside North America but not sure if $240 billion market cap can be justified by the current fb environment that I see. Maybe it is just my friends and anybody else is using it. Anyway, my intuition says that $FB price won't go much higher. Well, this #newbie can be totally wrong!
- bnnybklyn: @Vehid $FB #newbie Been on FB since 2007 as well - use it more than ever. Notice more activity than ever. Have never been on instagram. From an article in Techcrunch 2 days ago - "Despite Facebook’s size and age, at 17 percent its user count is growing as fast or faster than any year since 2012. And people aren’t using it less either. In fact, 66 percent of Facebook’s monthly users return each day now compared to 55 percent when it hit 1 billion. If the teenaged social network isn’t as cool to teenagers any more, it’s not showing in the big metrics."
- Vehid: @bnnybklyn $FB #newbie So it is just my circle of friends. I love their user engagement and ad attraction methods. As soon as posting something on my pages, I receive notification to promote it and it is so easy to do it. Last two years used it for a ...
- Mpower27: @Vehid $FB #newbie I have never been a big FBer but the people that used to post interesting stuff stopped as they graduated college. In general, the activity amount seems lower than it was and with stupid ads in between posts I don't care about, don't make me want to care about increasing my FB usage. They are trying to make a big push for video and as they tell me when I logged in recently, 2 billion people use FB. YouTube has over a billion monthly views so FB might be able to get sizable monies if they mimic youtubes video abilities like Instagram took snapschats best features.
- Vehid: @Mpower27 $FB #newbie there is one difference between FB and youtube though, people, like my sis, make money by youtube so they produce quality videos. Not sure if that is possible in fb. Two billion users is really good number though. Anyway, I love whatever I can make money from and FB has not been one of them recently! Neither long nor short. Well, the whole tech is screwed at this moment.
- DAN: @Vehid $FB #newbie Hey @Vehid $bnnybklyn $Mpower27 Great convo about $FB. As most of you know, I'm not a big facebooker...so I don't have any personal experience as to whether it's more or less active these days. But I did learn a lot by reading your exchange. And @Vehid -- doesn't matter if you're a newbie or a 10-year veteran. All opinions and thoughts are welcome here. No such thing as seniority here. The posts speak for themselves, and I'm glad you're here. 8-) Have a good evening everyone. Dan
- Nepenthe: @DAN $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB Dan, shouldn't that be "long of?" Or maybe "in?" Or "about?" I'm so confused. And might $MSFT be one of those? A bit below the 50ma, and but a tepid bounce back to it. I'm stalking. . .
- DAN: $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB -- we're seeing an oversold bounce in the Nasdaq. The semiconductor stocks are also rebounding. I'm long FB, AMZN, AMAT, and a few other tech names.
- DAN: @Nepenthe $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT I clarified by just deleting "on". I never use "long of". The only person I have ever heard say "long of" or "short of" is Dennis Gartman. And I strive to avoid any comparison or similarity with the Commodities King.
- Nepenthe: @DAN $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT Yes, my reply was but an effort to mock that strange semantic construction of his. An attempt at an early morning jest. Perhaps I should have left well enough alone, as I had no intention of questioning or mocking your use of the preposition. Good fun intended, and I hope taken so.
- DAN: @Nepenthe $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT LOL. You can question/mock my use of prepositions any time you want. 8-) I knew you were kidding. ;-)
- DAN: @Nepenthe $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT I am often long of poor grammar.
- Nepenthe: @DAN $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT That's been a lifelong specialty of mine also.
- ROSEY: @DAN $QQQ $SMH $AMZN $FB $MSFT Just a quick comment.... Actually, you are so well "rounded", diversified. I have noticed in life some people have strengths in engineering (or something) but spelling(or something) ....forget it. (At least i can help my hubby with something lol)
- bRobert: $FB . $AAPL FB nh . Long leap calls. Aapl. Will add to AAPL if clears 50d. Initial short term target 152 ( inverse cup/handle) . Long leap calls. long july put spread
- bRobert: $fb Adding to long calls. Stop 153.2
- JJT1: @Argyle $AAPL $FAS #markets I had success at swing/day trading $FB. Gap open, if held overnite, decide to take profits or put in stops, wait for fade and indicators to turn, decide near close to take profits or hold for gap open next day...not normally a shorter term day or swing trader but seemed repeatable.
- Argyle: $FB Steadily climbing. Looking for a new high. .50 away.
- issues: Here is an interesting article "Cheap Stocks with PEG ratio (pe divided by growth rate) below 1 that are Buy rated: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/26-cheap-stocks-in-the-markets-hottest-sector-2017-06-09 Phil VanDorn lists these as good candidates: $MU $WDC $CIEN $BCOR $LRCX $AAOI $CIEN $STMP $TIVO $MXL $SMCI $AMAT $CAMP $FB $CRUS $MEI $ITRI $SMTC $OCLR $SWKS and $MSCC. Although these are not necessarily on his list, I personally like: $BCOR $AMAT(IBD 50 this week) $CTRL(IBD 50 this week)$PETS $BZUN $BABA(IBD 50 this week) $ANET(IBD 50 this week) $CGNX (IBD 50 this week) We personally hold positions in $MU $LRCX $AAOI $MXL (have tight stop in place) $FB $BABA $ANET & $MCHP.
- DAN: Good morning. We're in for a rough open this morning, with the S&P Futures down 15, and the Nasdaq futures down 58. This morning, the Labor Department posted a strong number in new unemployment benefits applications. Just 237,000 new applicati ...
- Henry: $FB strongest of the fang stocks this am
Just as a reminder to beware of possible headlines, the Senate's Session with Sessions is scheduled for 2:30 EDT. I'm sure it will be fun for all. Speaking of fun, the Nazz futures are recovering fairly nicely; I'm now fairly long tech and tech comm ...
DAN: Good morning. Futures are up this morning as we follow through on the shot across the bow. After a couple of days of fast selling of the high flying Nasdaq stocks, most are rebounding and working themselves back into their established ranges.
- Henry: @Lynda $FB $AMZN $GOOGL are , Cramer expects some profit taking, sounds reasonable to me.
I really didn't see anything in the news over the weekend that struck me as in any way paradigm-shifting. Plenty of drama in the U.S., more in the U.K., and Macon's new party did quite well in the first round of the parliamentary elections in France ...
- DAN: #60 MINUTE CHART If you track stocks on the 60-minute timeframe, you'll capture last Friday's trading action too. You'll see that stocks like $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $FB and $NFLX are trading well off their lows. So this is now a time to be buying some of these stocks via either stock, calls or bull put spread (or bull call debit spreads). Your choice. No telling how far these stocks will go. I do believe that, ultimately, they will prove to be bull traps. But that may take a few days to play out, so might as well stay on the side of the trend for as long as it lasts.
- DAN: The Nasdaq is ro lling over and the big cap tech names are reversing. Look at $AMZN, $FB, $GOOGL, $NFLX, $AAPL, $NVDA, etc. I am lightening up a lot on those names. Just taking profits and raising cash. The other indexes are doing just fine (for now). But when the leading sector starts reversing, it is never a good sign for the rest of the market. --Dan
- champ: @bigbartabs $SMH ---- But only for laggers, like $IBM.....traders are taking profits on most $APPL $AMZN $GOOGL $FB ....rotation is going on, taking profits on all winners and picking up laggers, my friend. LOL
- DAN: $QQQ $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $FB $NFLX, etc. The bottom is in. Buying some for a trade.
- shoredriver: @DAN $QQQ $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $FB $NFLX Hope you are correct Dr. Dan..(.procto picking bottoms)....
- ginice: @optionswealth $NDX Yes, I'm with you, I saw the weakness in the tech sector. When it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I took partial profits on my FANG stocks last week because of all the jumping around $AMZN and $GOOG were doing to get over 1000 and stay... $FB and $GOOG .. double tops? These sector rotations come amazingly fast, I hope this one shows us where the new trades are pretty fast. Ha!
- cmac: @DAN $QQQ $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $FB $NFLX the thing to do on every selloff - for it seems like forever - is to buy, buy, buy. The recent May 17th selloff included.....can't wait for your weekend update.
- CHOFF: @DAN $QQQ $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $FB $NFLX - what makes you think the bottom is in?
$PRAH – keep this. Trailing stop below $70
$VEEV – still going.
$MOMO – another week of consolidation would be good!
$NTES – coiled spring off a higher low.
$TTD – 25% short
- ginice: $FB $AMZN Taking some profits off the table today in these two. $FB - Has grown to overweight position - sold 25% of position. $AMZN - Took 1/3 of position off today - It's easier to watch it fight 1000 from a lighter position. HA! It's so easy to leave profitable positions in place to take your mind off your not so great stocks. Almost like losing a friend. lol Trade safe.
- issues: @Bridget $ATHM Thank you Bridget. This is a high base, could go either way, but you are probably right for a lift off. $CHGG we still own after you suggested it. Similar pattern to ATHM (high base) but CHGG looks better RHRN. ATHM is in IBD group 5 (great!). along with $FB $WB $YY $TCEHY $MOMO. On the 10 day chart $YY looks the best up 12% and MOMO the worst down 8%. The others (including ATHM) are up 0% to 4%.
- DAN: @ROSEY #Sectors: I'd say semis ($SMH) are strongest...but Social Media ($SOCL) is also really strong. In general, tech is where I want to be ($XLK). Stocks in the SOCL that are strong are $GOOGL, $YHOO, $TECHY, $SINA, and $FB. Not sure that I'd be buying any of them today, though.
$FB – STC July $150 calls @ $6.05 and nice profit
$WPX – BTO Aug. $12 calls, Friday, believing ‘hammer’ candlestick, ATC, was signaling a temporary bottom and bullish reversal… not! – Stock is currently down 5 ...
- ginice: @Sher $ABX $X $FB $WPX $UPS $KR To have the patience, ability, and wherewithal to trade options and make a profit, I tip my hat.
- ROSEY: @DAN $SMH $SOCL $XLK $GOOGL $YHOO $TECHY $SINA $FB #Sectors BLESS YOU. THIS HELPS SO MUCH I do not know if $VZ will buy $YHOO after they did not reveal hack.
- Hank1: $FB ... After three-weeks of distribution, if the stock can close above 151.48, we will have closed above last weeks high and I think that bodes well for this stock to resume it's accumulation. Long FB.
- woodman: $FB bounce at 50 day.
- gwenzee: @woodman $FB Does that look like an island reversal to you? That would be a negative.
- woodman: @gwenzee $FB - Good eye. Looking at it more closely, yes, I think you are right -- it looks like a very slight island reversal. But it isn't really scaring me any more than any other stock in the current atmosphere. If the 50 day doesn't hold, though, that would bother me. I haven't added to mine. I've had some for a while now though.
- Sher: $FB - Added to July $150 call position @ $3.70
- ginice: $NVDA adding back for shares sold Tuesday. $NVDA @ 131.90 $MOMO @ 40.82 $LL Accidently sold all my $LL (longer term trade) so I replace with starter @ 26.16. I will add at 22.38, it will be at the 50 dma and recent horizontal support. I've got some lowball bids in with Trade Trigger. $FB @ 44.44 - Good fib level and pretty close to the 50 DMA. It's an add to long term investment. Trade safe.
- bwcarnation1: $FB back to 50d a rare event...either a good buy or on its way lower...hoping it's the former. bot very sm
- Sher: $FB - BTO July $150 calls for $4.75.
- debeers: $WYNN/$LRCX/$RACE-DAN- I don't want to confuse anyone with the facts but while everyone is obsessed with "just owning" Apple stock or Amazon for that matter, it is interesting to note that year to date, while $AAPLis up 33.79% which, by the way is very nice and better than $FB at 30.3%, $AMZN ,another stock with which everyone is transfixed is up 28.81% $WYNN is up 48.34% and $LRCX is up 43.37% and $RACE is up 46.10%---again, don't want to confuse anyone with the facts so, stand down, as you were............
- Spotdog: @debeers $WYNN $LRCX $RACE $AAPLis $FB $AMZN I think that besides their car sales, they are doing well with the "racing" side of their business too
- debeers: $SNAP/$FB-should be called Snap out of it! Animal faces do not a social giant or advertising behemoth make and those who thought this was the next iteration of $FB got the Zucking they so richly deserved.
|Stock Price||$USD 174.56|
Facebook Inc operates a social networking website. The Company's products are Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Oculus. Its products enable people to connect and share through mobile devices and personal computers.Request Video of FB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Facebook hit a new all-time high today.By Bridget June 23rd, 2015
- Time to Friend Facebook (FB)?By Dan December 4th, 2013
- November 1st, 2017 - 2017 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 5.66 244.68%
- $USD 66.77 18.87%
- $USD 92.74 18.61%
- $USD 28.30 %
- $USD 8.12 -16.12%
- $USD 39.40 -12.06%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 50,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (50,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!