Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc (NASDAQ:HMNY)
Old Forum Content for HMNYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Vehid: $hmny popped up today on a good volume
- champ: $HMNY $12.50 ---- News....stock is moving ....#New Position.
- CHOFF: @champ $HMNY #New - tightening the squeeze with an upward trend on the 52 week, was up 6.5% on volume today.
- champ: @CHOFF $HMNY --- When this positive News was released, right after the open, the stock was at the low $11.82 and the stock started the climb, off of that new promotional news. I'm out of this Spec trade near the high $13.85 ....Out @ $13.65.... but I might re-enter, at some point.
- champ: $HMNY....spiking up 30% now....er in the morning
- CHOFF: @champ $HMNY - CEO was on CNBC saying they might start a streaming movie service which caused the pop.
- champ: $HMNY @ $17 ....the new recent low was this morning @ $15.76 ....this is around a 10 day low.....could be the New low...don't really know...new day trade position this morning.
- Ottawagreg: $HMNY look at this chart. yikes. who invests in this stuff? i should have said wagers i guess
- CHOFF: @Ottawagreg $HMNY - those with a big smile on their face;) Good luck.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - profit taking, down 17% today. Potential big swings in either direction. MoviePass CEO speaks at the BTIG Media Disruptors Event at 4pm ET this afternoon. At minimum it will be entertaining to watch the bliss continue or the carnage begin.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - party's over. Fun ride.
- Henry: $HMNY No idea what Movie Pass is but this is today's rocket stock
- Aragorn: $HMNY - stay away now CITRON report out getting smacked
- Bridget: @Henry $HMNY I just recently heard about movie pass, didn't know they had a stock. They just recently announced that they will be offering a deal where you pay one subscription pass in order to get unlimited movie passes to the movie theater in a month. I guess this is their way of competing with HBO, Netflix, Amazon, and etc for stealing their business.
- Henry: @Aragorn $HMNY #Citron Well bless their heart Being a New Yorker, you wouldn't know, but that is Southern for the expletive deleted Andy Left.
- efrain007: @Bridget $HMNY Not sure how movie pass will make money. They are still paying the theatre the full ticket price so if someone uses their pass four times each month they lose on that customer. (I thought it was one movie per week, if it's unlimited then that's a bigger loss)
- Bridget: @efrain007 $HMNY it says unlimited for $10. I agree, I don't know how they will make money unless they worked out a deal with the theaters to pay less that full price tickets. They movie theaters just want people to go more often and buy popcorn. They typically don't make money on the ticket sales. But after such a poor showing this summer at the theaters I think they are getting desperate.
- efrain007: @Bridget $HMNY Geesh, for $10 they lose even more. I run a theatre and we have nothing to do with them. They issue a debit card and deposit money in the amount of the ticket price when a customer wants to go to the movies. We gladly take their debit card. Summers tend to be poor for the theatre industry and the media loves to hype that up. The Q1 and Q4 are the best for us. Though, I'm up 1% YTD from last year and with the business IT did it really helped. Plus we have Thor, Justice League and Star Wars coming and these will rock ;)
- CHOFF: @Bridget $HMNY - this is a big data play, not a ticket sales money maker. The model depends on gaining critical mass to leverage their analytics on user behavior, effective marketing, and yes results show concession sales have increased markedly. It' ...
- Bridget: @CHOFF $HMNY Very interesting! Thanks for the info.
- CHOFF: @Aragorn $HMNY - market doesn't care so much about Citron. Stock is up another 33% right now. Hope you made some dough.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - wild swings today, keep your guard up
- champ: $HMNY @ $27.25 big drop in the AH's....after a News release.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - up 32% and another NH today at $28.70. CEO presents Thursday to the Media Disruptor Conference. I sold into close after adding twice to my position today. Tomorrow may offer more opportunity.
- bRobert: @CHOFF $HMNY Tiger by the tail. 5min chart very helpful
- Aragorn: $HMNY just made a new HOD so strong $$NVDA go
- CHOFF: $HMNY - up 22% today. The shorts were very vocal on the 26th at $9, today it's at $19. CEO to speak on Oct. 12 at Media Disruptor's Conf.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - another day, another 12% higher.
- issues: @CHOFF $HMNY until ... one day... suddenly ... it isn't. Right? Like stacking dominos.
- greenpatrol: @issues $HMNY True, but @CHOFF has been on this since it was around $2.80 a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had kept my position. Oh, well. Nice find @CHOFF.
- CHOFF: @issues $HMNY - true, it's certainly risky. However, the same was true of AMZN, FB, countless biotechs as well. No guts, no glory. No stops, no profits either;) I've been in and out of this one several times to preserve profits. Once you've done that enough you reinvest profits and protect your principal. If they keep growing their user base and the former Netflix co-founder/Redbox President can pull this off...."ka-ching"....it's certainly not for everyone. P.S. I like a lot of unloved stuff that has resulted in 4 and 5 figure gains....aka....$JCP, $SIRI, $DANG, $BLUE, etc. I can't tell you the number of posts I've seen about NH's that drop right after...we all choose our risk tolerance. I don't mind the unpopular trades...this one is indeed a spec stock. Happy hunting!
- CHOFF: @greenpatrol $HMNY - if there were a thumbs up or a like button, I'd give you one. Thanks amigo. So far this one has a bit of a rhythm to it if you look at a 20 day chart. I've bought and sold the stair steps. It's a fun day trade too. Onward and upward amigo.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - up 26% today. This spec hit a 4x and only $1 from 5x. Big vol continues. Bought and sold a few times on stair steps up/down. I only day trade this for fear the music stops.
- CHOFF: $HMNY still going higher on volume. Up 26% today.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - this spec is up another 23% today and moving. We'll see if it becomes a triple at $7.26. It was $2.42 (4 days ago). No longer a penny stock any more. Increasing vol at 12.5m last two days (avg. vol was around 500k)....tight stops. High risk, but keeps on going for now.
- CHOFF: @CHOFF $HMNY - took my profits and ran. Reactions to the report the shorts issued, stock is falling. Nice triple, stops hit.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - super spec is up another 20% today. 60% total since post a few days ago.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - to infinity and beyond...up 50% today. This stock has more than doubled in the last 3 days. Wish I could say that I rode it all the way up.
- greenpatrol: @CHOFF $HMNY Yup, it's like a runaway horse. Sadly, I got stopped out too. Will keep it on my watch list though.
- CHOFF: @greenpatrol $HMNY - I got back in at $5.40 and it's still making a run. This thing may have legs with the massive subscriber growth. Very tight stops are working on the way up.
- CHOFF: $HMNY - up 18% today. Posted on this yesterday at close. Wow. Folks like the MoviePass deal today.
- mharps: @CHOFF $HMNY as a movie guy for many years this is interesting. I suppose if they somehow manage to link the data base to advertisers, they could have something bu they are loosing a lot of money on each transaction. Average ticket price is still about $8.00. China used internet sales and advertisers to subsidize ticket prices-it drove attendance but is no longer in vogue.
- CHOFF: @mharps $HMNY - The question is how long will their capital last while subsidizing the tickets. Will they be able to monetize the big data for advertisers before the capital runs out?
- CHOFF: $HMNY - update: high today is 36% pop so far. High risk/reward no doubt.
- greenpatrol: @CHOFF $HMNY Still going. Picked up a small tracking position when it broke above the 200 dma. Thanks @CHOFF for putting it on my radar. Now I'm up 20%. High quality problem! $HMNY up 40% on the day.
- CHOFF: @greenpatrol $HMNY - ka'ching
CHOFF: Spec play caught my attention 20k users up to 400k in a month - $HMNY
(found this while updating research on my $NFLX position)...poor fundamentals, it would be pure spec on user growth IMO.
MoviePass experiences benchmark breaking growth after anno ...
- DrScience: $HMNY spiking
- PJMR11: @DrScience $HMNY halted
- DrScience: @PJMR11 $HMNY Restarted. In 4.65 Out @ 6.5 #TTMAR
- PJMR11: @DrScience $HMNY #TTMAR Nice!
- kcar21966: $HMNY big move today
- kcar21966: $HMNY up almost 100% on the day....crazy
- Dan1946: $HMNY > up 628.68% in five days?
- grcjr: @Dan1946 $HMNY - Merger announcement: Per Marketwatch, HMNY merging with privately held Zone Technologies (makes cell phone map app that maps out crime activity in real time).
|Stock Price||$USD 4.93|
Helios & Matheson North America, Inc. provides IT services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and other organizations.It provides clients with enterprise-wide information technology consulting, training services and software products.Request Video of HMNY
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 11.65 26.93%
- $USD 42.98 23.41%
- $USD 34.59 22.18%
- $USD 44.60 -26.10%
- $USD 41.88 -23.47%
- $USD 33.35 -23.35%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!