Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bull 3X Shares (:LABU)
Old Forum Content for LABUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI ... I bought $LABU twice to a full position yesterday. Glad I did. Good luck...
- bigbartabs: $XBI $LABU ... volume sure is low
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $XBI $LABU Direction is most important. Volume is always secondary in the new market.
- woodman: @indigo1948 $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU - The JUNO deal, if there is to be one, is/will be good for #Biotech. It will spur a lot of M&A chatter.
- indigo1948: @woodman $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU #Biotech - agreed - biotech is due for a surge.
- bigbartabs: @bwcarnation1 $XBI ... I sold half my $LABU this morning, then added it back when it seemed to bottom around 1:30pm. We'll see how that goes. The chart still seems pretty good. If it doesn't recover by the close... I might go back to half. FWIW... good luck...
- bigbartabs: @woodman $JUNO $RXDX #Biotech ... up tomorrow? Of course it will. I sold my $LABU today.
- champ: @bigbartabs $FAS $KRE ---- My largest position is $KRE and then $FAS.... but I'm holding your ETF.. $TNA... day 6 for me now ..with size. I'm also still holding $ERX and $LABU...for now...these are all trading positions. Traders are nervous about the size of the bank write downs, that the Banks will be announcing because of the Tax Bill....but they are only paper write downs....for example... $BAC earnings... will include a $3 billion $$$$, paper write down as the result of the Tax Act....$C is around 16-17$ b --- GS around $5b --- $MS is $1.25B...these losses are often referred to as....carry over losses. ....however, the focus will be on earnings...... and like $BAC, they will have massive Tax benefits going forward because of the Tax Bill, I think the number was around $19 billion $$$$ but I loss my chart ...
- champ: $LABU @ $84.75 ---- Nice $4.50... move up, off the low...still holding ...for now....turned with the market
- champ: $LABU $86.80 hanging around HOD, up $6.50 off of todays low....still holding.
- traderbren: $LABU -- continues to get a bid, and could fuel the next leg higher.
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - Rolling CCs up & out. Love this. Glty.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU --- So do I..... I did not catch it, on the low turn and I'm only swinging 1/3...however, its still moving up in the AH's a little
- CHOFF: @DAN I've traded $LABD successfully when $LABU, $XBI turn negative. Sometimes the momentum swings in Biotech can be obvious and it can pay handsomely without much work.
- champ: @Bridget $AGN $$175.25 ---- The first 40 minutes were alright but it has been flat... after that...I'm holding a position...also in $VRX and $LABU..
- champ: $LABU @ $82.60 up 5.3% HOD ....still holding
- champ: $LABU up 7.4% @ $84..25
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- I'm going to give it a rest... but $LABU @ $85..-up 8.4%is HOD and looks like it might run into the close...Health Conference is moving this ETF.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ $LABU Thanks for tip
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ $LABU .... could be to late...???
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU it is too late
- bigbartabs: $XBI $IBB $LABU ... biotech folded up like a lawn chair... what's the news? Adding to LABU Friday didn't work so well...
- jnag698: @bigbartabs $XBI $IBB $LABU - JPM Bio conference............... sell the news?
- JBed: #unusual options activity on $LABU - block of 400 $85 calls exp. 1/26. Pretty wide spread so I'm watching.
- champ: $FAS @ $71....#New Position this morning...going into this sectors earnings because its easy to see $$$$ are now moving into this sector...$XLF...its about Rotation and all banks will or should beat on earnings ...again, is my guess. For many reasons ...
- champ: $GWPH $CTL $DRN $LABU $UAL $CPA ...I took profits on these positions over the last few days and I also took profits on this trade Day Trade $UGAZ going into the close, will look at this trade again in the morning. I had 2 trades on this position today and made a few $$$$.
- champ: $LABU up $3.40 ..another 4% and I'm still holding this swing position....Day 9.... with 1 red day and that was as expected, on Friday....this sector is on the move also.
- Vehid: @champ $LABU What is your target?
- traderbren: $IBB and $LABU -- both look constructive after a small dip this morning. Long $IBB
- champ: $LABU @ $81.20 ...don't really know if this move is over or not...but I'm still holding...no reason to take profits, at this time.
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - I've been selling CCs. Has worked fairly well over the months.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU ----- Yes...Thanks!
- champ: @Robert1965 $CENX --- You know all good moves fall back, just like $UGAZ and you have to have confidence, in your investment or your trade or you will not be able to hold...thats where Research plays a big part....I have confidence in these trades .. ...
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY #Hurricane ... yes, I'm a big holder of x3 ETFs. Currently I have full positions of $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $TNA $SOXL $TECL ... half positions in $LABU $GUSH... and overall 147% in with my trading account. I'm not currently in (or misssed) $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF. I've been using these for almost a decade now (or since they debuted). Those that correlate close with their x1 ETF equivalents... I especially like. I'm hoping the volumes continue to rise with x3 ETFs... since many are pretty low volume, and are more management time intensive to hold.
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- Yes, management time, is a real problem, just a lot of work but it pays off in a really big way....I will not swing any margin, that for sure....do you..? Day trades are free...as you know....I will be 100% invested on the close...I think I'm at around 130%...for now.
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ... actually my management time is low, except for those x3 ETFs that are lower volume, and c ...
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- You buy on significant pull backs. Yes, I also buy when others are selling and in many cases I also sell when others are buying or chasing but I do trade chase, with many day trades, with stop, right around entry and most of the time I never swing more than 1/2 of a chase trade...but I have already have put in the research time or I will not chase because... I have to know why I'm chasing.
- champ: $LABU up over $6....HOD and the Business Tax Reform Bill is also working in this sector, for now....still holding and I'm swinging 1/2 of this position.
- Vehid: $LABU retreating to channel. Switched to $LABD
- champ: $LABU still holding.....
- champ: @Robert1965 $FANG $PXD $CXO $EOG $XEC $CRZO $BTE...... $ERX ....this morning...I only swing around 25% in these ETF's because they are very #HighRisk...but I'm swinging a full position in $DRN and but not in $LABU or $UGAZ... .
- champ: $LABU back-in this spec trade....
- champ: $LABU ....HOD....
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU have you sold any today
- stairm01: @Robert1965 $LABU Holding LABU from $42.00 and looks as if it has had it's run. Just sold next weeks 47 call for $2.10.
- traderbren: $LABU -- seeing some life.
- champ: $TNA $LABU $ERX....I'm still holding these ETF's...
- champ: $LABU ..up 4%...hanging around HOD....still holding.
- champ: $LABU $TNA ---- $ERX out 3/4th ----OUT....took the $$$/ profits near the highs, on these ETF's...don't know how the vote is going to go...they might vote tonight...? ...does anyone know, I have not been following today.
- champ: $TNA $LABU going to swing 1/2, of both of these ETF's.
- champ: $LABU ....added to my swing this morning....but I could take it off.
- Vehid: @champ $LABU my buy is at $68, will see
- champ: $LABU @ $69.95 on the close and it has move up a little in the AH's. I'm swinging a 1/2 size position and I'm looking for a bounce on Monday's open.
- champ: $LABU....up about $2 off the low....for now...
- champ: $LABU ...nice move going on....
- bsnceo: @champ $LABU this stk moves so fast in both directions -- if you trade it, how do you pick your entries?
- champ: $LABU ----Out...on the turn...
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI $LABU ... I have always found LABU to have good liquidity... currently 1.5 million shares average per day.
- champ: $LABU---- Going into Day 4 now...and I'm still holding 25% of my position, took profits on the other 3/4. Sector is still moving off the low turn on 12/6, looks like its going higher...I have no clue but if it does I'm in and if it turns, I'm out...today its $CELG and $BLUE and others...I will be trading this ETF on the daily turns..maybe more than a few times, thru-out the day.
- brouley: @champ $LABU $CELG $BLUE Thanks, Champ! Love the 3X ETF. Maybe 78 at next top? Newbie here...
- Vehid: Today $LABD is outperforming $LABU so far. Adding in pull backs and moving stops slowly
- Vehid: @woodman $LABD $LABU I know. I just day trade the one that outperform the other and switch if market flips!
- traderbren: $LABU vs. $LABD -- interesting switch up after this morning's open.
- champ: $LABU still holding, my 1/4th size position... because I know that this will zig-zag with the markets and I holding a small size and I'm just waiting for the turn higher, so I can add but it might not even happen, today. The high was around $79 and the low was $73 and it is at $75.50.....and I should have sold on the open and bought back-in on the low...but I made a wrong guess because I have small position but if I had a larger position, I would have sold on the open or in the PM, this morning. Thats how I should have played, this swing trade.
- issues: @bRobert $XBI why don't you prefer $LABU?
- bRobert: @issues $XBI $LABU I use options and lLABU is illiquid. With low volatility options are also very cheap. The moves are leveraged just the same.
- champ: $LABU @ $75.70 ---- Its Day 3 on/in this target now, on the sector turn...the same deal, I was watching the sector and posted news on 12/5, about that drop. Entry was on 12/6...this is a just a Great ETF on the sector turn but you always need to reme ...
- champ: $LABU ....working.... Day 2
- champ: $LABU up 7% ---started to move off the recent low on 12/6...on news...Day 3 now....and the next target could be..78-$82 and then $92. All is good, as long as the markets are climbing....the next big #Political event, is not until 12/22...unless someone trows out some type of negative news and that has been the trend...my guess is...someone will. A few...didn't even like the job numbers this morning and had negative comments.
- bRobert: @champ $LABU #Political Using XBI calls. Target $92
- champ: @bRobert $LABU #Political --- The big unknown is, how many zig-zags will the stock have before....and it has now bounced $14 in 2 days ....so only $16 left, that could happen real fast...could take another 2 days...that would really be nice and I have seen it happen before, with this ETF....it will move even faster...if the big players, have too many drinks at lunch or after, they talk about ETF's all the time, at their watering-holes.
- champ: $LABU going to swing 25%
- CHOFF: @bRobert $LABU - that would represent a 9.5% bump for $XBI and 28.5% uptick in $LABU placing the stock around $96 (a new high). I'm in favor, but in reality there are a number of resistance levels at 77.39, 82.38, and the previous high of 92.56 before reaching your $96 target for $LABU. I'm a believer it gets a bump in 2018 to surpass $100 from general biotech M&A activity...assuming repatriation dollars kick in post tax reform. POTUS can always throw a wrench in the machinery if he announces an exec order to limit pharma pricing. Either way, fasten your seatbelts. If $LABU is green Monday morning after the Sunday Bitcoin futures are established; I'll add more.
- champ: $LABU ....could be the real deal today....I'm in...but I have trailing..stops.
- Vehid: @champ $LABU I hold from yesterday but sold too early. Bought again but not much up from my buy point so far
- champ: $LABU up over 8% now and it was higher but no clue on where its going ...but we did have a day trade run, in the forum that was 22% and I'm sure that the ones... that were in, remember that day...I know @Dan does. However, the only way thats going to happen is...the market would have to climb up around...150-200 points or so because this ETF is spring loaded but all stocks, only work with the markets....#MarketTiming is very important and we just never know, whats going to happen...know-one knows and its really impossible to know.
- issues: @champ $LABU #MarketTiming Good points. This chart looks like lighting bolts in a cartoon - zig and zag - but in a downtrend. NP
- champ: @issues $LABU #MarketTiming --- Its always about #1 Market timing and then its #2... stock timing but they don't always work together. So, on your market timing-list, you have stocks on that lis, that are waiting for the markets to bounce and that is ...
- spmeyers: @champ $LABU #MarketTiming #1 #2 champ, would you say you focus more on moves off support as opposed to breakouts? at certain times breakouts don't work so well (like past few days) but it can be hard to know when that is
- debeers: $LABU-up 7+% today.
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU, have you taken any off the table
- champ: @spmeyers $LABU #MarketTiming #1 #2 ---- Its really hard to say because both work but for me....I'm focused on the type of news that moves individual stocks, in sectors that are working. However, today I had a few targets that are working and this on ...
- Vehid: @champ $LABD $LABU $SPY Thanks Champ. My trading system is dumb and basically I should do all those manually. Size was the reason that I lost money yesterday. Today I did not add until the ramp started in 1-min data without any pull back. Nice firm slow uptrend. I also got a list of ETFs with highest day range and market cap over 10M ready for tomorrow! $SOXL $LABU $LABD $SOXS $UVXY $TVIX $BRZU $JNUG $UGAZ $TECL $JDST $DGAZ $SQQQ $TQQQ $NUGT $DUST $SRTY $TNA $TZA $URTY
- CHOFF: $LABU - touching bottom of channel, lower bb, and within a buck of the 200ma. Alerts set and on my radar for signs of a reversal.
- champ: $LABU @ $70.25 ...still dropping but watching ...this was a trap this morning....this ETF walks the line and its only happy when it takes you $$$...but I'm watching...like a fool.
- Vehid: @champ $LABU I lost money yesterday. Hold it overnight and trailed my stops continuously and made half of the money that I lost yesterday. Now on $LABD and making money so far. Looks like market is crappy like yesterday and last week.
- champ: @Vehid $LABU $LABD ---- This is always a very hard trade....unless you are on top of a new move....$VRX is still working however and is trying to hang onto this 6-month high. November was a great month for this stock and its on #HOD, don't know if its going to break thru this level or not...it has been at this level 5 times... this year.
- Vehid: Today I continued my experience with $LABD and $LABU. I had $LABU from yesterday and sold them in first hour of trading by moving my stops aggressively. Then I did a few attempts to enter $LABU again when price dropped but my stops got hit. So, I gave up on long side and turned toward $LABD. Started with a small position and a not so tight stop. After 2pm it start moving and I start adding aggressively with tight stops like 0.1 below buy points. At one point about 80% of my money was in $LABD! I was updating my stops almost every minute. I also had $SPY on background. Long story short, I sold all at the last 15 minutes before close and made some money. I made 30 buy/sale/sale-stop orders and as my broker does not charge commission for ETFs, paid zero.
- champ: @Vehid $LABD $LABU $SPY --- #ETF - #TradingSystem --- Yes, go for it because there will be a time, when you will make huge profits, on these ETF's and having experience, is extremely important.....but you have to remember, you can't...#ever force a ...
- woodman: Still holding $LABU from yesterday, but $XBI needs to get through the 50 day.
- Rasta: @woodman $LABU $XBI LABU stairstepping on the weekly chart. Looks like it could easily run to $92 coming off the bottom of the BB. I added yesterday even after the 8% move up with stops.
- woodman: @Rasta $LABU $XBI - I think we bought some SMMers' shares. :-)
- champ: @Vehid $DJI $IBM #Economy ---- If the Tax Bill passes....I have already targeted names in, Retail, Airlines, Energy and Banks... and I'm in these sectors and I posted my position list. These sectors will bounce even more, if the Bill passes and I'm also in $SSO $FAS and $TNA...and I also posted these 3 ETF's yesterday and I'm also looking at $LABU. I'm positioned for the bill to pass.....because they will look like fools, if they don't pass it....thats My take...pass the dam bill or get the hell out of town and 2 of the Senators are doing...just that. If the bill doesn't pass, it will take me a minute or two because I will drop in large short ETF's ....to cover my exit. OK..you asked and this is what I'm holding positions in and why.
- bigbartabs: @CHOFF @woodman $LABU ... if you had a low ball buy order this morning, you might be pretty happy by the end of the day. Heckuva swoon. I had one at $72... but I took it off pre crash this morning. That might have been a mistake.
- Vehid: Anybody holding/buying $LABU? Feeling so lonely today!
- woodman: @Vehid $LABU - I still have some.
- Vehid: @woodman $LABU I bought/sold 16 times today! no commission for etfs
- woodman: @Vehid $LABU - There's the friction cost of the spread for the 16 trades.
- CHOFF: @Vehid $LABU - partial sell at $74.50 and the rest at $76. I want back in but will wait for more clarity.
|Stock Price||$USD 80.35|
The investment seeks daily investment results, of 300% of the performance of the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index ("index"). The index is provided by S&P and includes domestic companies from the biotechnology industry. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of its assets in the securities that comprise the index and/or financial instruments that provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. These financial instruments include: swap agreements; options on securities and indices; forward contracts; reverse repurchase agreements; ETFs; and other financial instruments. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of LABU
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!