Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bull 3X Shares (:LABU)
Old Forum Content for LABUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- PJMR11: $LABU. Keep an eye on this one as it is now in the 70s. Looking low to mid 70s before starting a position.
- traderbren: $LABU - could offer an opportunity here, but still below the 50dma. Long.
- JBed: $LABU Back in long...with a relatively tight stop.
- champ: $DJI 24,700 ---- Everyone just saw swing traders and Investors... just take a few positions....the move always...falls back like this and now we will see how it plays out going into the close....$LABU maybe we had entry at $80.45, we will see, what happens.
- PJMR11: @JBed $LABU Still waiting for mid-70s
- champ: $LABU ...watching closely now....
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - Why ??? Is it going to do a trick? Sorry, couldn't resist.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU ---- No-problem...that was a alert post, just trying to help others...for me...the trick is always about #entry-timing....need to get it right....and it is looking pretty good or better RHRN....you see it....
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I sold my half position. Looking weak. You might want to use the $XBI falling below the 50dma as a sell stop.
- stairm01: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI As stated over the last three weeks, I've been buying the stock and selling the weekly calls. Presently have the 87 and 88 strikes sold for nice profit. In the stock at $83 and $84 from Tuesday. All stock and options got called away last week.
- champ: $LABU...I guess everyone saw entry, on this ETF and it bounced $2 off of that low, 35 minutes ago...and I just made a couple of $1,000 dollars...but I'm out now.
- bsafriet: @champ $LABU nice trade @champ. I missed it, watching other things.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... congrats buddy. Do you carry any long term equities? Or just day trade?
- woodman: @champ $LABU - you made a "couple of $1,000 dollars" on a 2% gain, meaning you're buying/selling $100K of stock on your day trades, which you make an number of on multiple stocks each day?
- shoredriver: @woodman $LABU Plus all the reading and research for the multiple voluminous posts...don't know how he does it......
- champ: @woodman $LABU ---- If you flip a 1,000 share, the math is easy to do, on this ETF...for that fast trade....but timing is always the Key. Well..it is many, many times that number. I'm a full time trader....and this is a business that I'm running... I have....to have large accounts to work with. I'm a money manger, for all of my family accounts and friends but I'm not a professional because I don't charge management fees.
- woodman: @champ $LABU - that's out of my league, and I have job and other things pulling me in many directions. I couldn't trade like that even if I wanted to ... which I don't.
- jnag698: @woodman $LABU - Another option............Do a buy/write with a smaller amount of stock.
- jwstich: @champ $LABU Thank you so much for sharing. What you are able to do is amazing.....at least to me. How do you find the time to do it?
- champ: @jwstich $LABU ---YW, but there is really not all that much to do... during market hours, other than managing positions and watch for news on the markets and also any news that would be effecting my positions and I do have all the right equipment. ...
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU ---- You asked about long term positions..?...I was stopped out of all at the start of February, 2018 and I'm not really a believer in long term positions anymore, after the early 2008 crash. Take a look at my posting thread and you ...
- champ: $LABU @ $83....this could follow
- champ: $LABU...@$85.... now ...up $4.44 ....following the market......however, this will #OutPerform the market if the $SPY keeps climbing
- champ: $LABU up $6.30...up about 8%...zig-zaging .... but it looks like many are adding ...or new buyers are moving-in. Looks like the Markets could be on track for a strong week...
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - Looking good. Selling more CCs. Hope it goes to the moon.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU --- $DJI @ 24,765 up 200 points or so. Traders and Investors are still nervous but it is the same deal, most all stocks and sectors, are working with the market, thats the key. The markets need a bump before any new buyers will move in. Markets could get another 50-100 points or so going into the close..... but if that is going to happen, it need to start in this hour....#RHRN However, Investors are never happy, we always want more....this is a great day and I would be happy if the markets would hold this level.
- JBed: $LABU bounce off the 200MA. Starter position.
- stairm01: @JBed $LABU I'm also in at 80.50 myself as another starter for this week. All my stock got taken away last week from selling CC's against it over the past two weeks. This stock is a money maker after it has it's pull backs and starts moving up and consolidating. Weekly options last week were over 120% volatility when I sold them.
- JBed: @stairm01 $LABU Stopped out at $81.65 for 1% gain.
- PJMR11: @JBed $LABU Watching this closely as I exited recently a few times for a nice gain. The pullbacks here seem to be into the mid-70s before becoming interesting. My last 2 buys were at 70 and 66.
- Junior1: @JBed $LABU Exact same chart as $MU on the daily for, since Feb peak
- JBed: @JBed $LABU I want to see a bigger pullback before trying again, and I agree with @PJMR11, pullbacks to the 70s seem to be best lately. Unless this market changes. Not holding my breath.
- champ: $LABU @ $83 ---- Day-2 ...still working after yesterdays great move...I have a position
- debeers: @KemoSabe $BA $HD $LABU $NVDA $URI ---Good for you! You did really well. Who knew??
- JBed: $ABBV $BZUN Two big movers in my portfolio today...also $LABU.
- stairm01: $LABU making a nice move off of the 67.50 low.
- stairm01: $LABU on the move. Added stock at 75 and have a cc order in to sell next weeks 77 strike for $5. OINK, OINK!
- traderbren: @stairm01 $LABU - I decided to take it off the table after yesterday's nice gain. Will look to reenter when it takes out today's high...and clears the 200dma.
- Junior1: @stairm01 $LABU looks like a good short on the 5min chart. Lower highs/lows
- champ: $LABU has now bounced $4 off the low....working and I have a position.
- stairm01: @champ $LABU Yep, I added more shares below 68 and have sold the 70 calls against some of them for $3.00. Now last trade is $4. I'm not complaining. Some stock covered, some running.
- JBed: @issues $MU $NTNX $BZUN $MOMO $FAS Holding from yesterday and late last week. Added a little at lows. Did buy $LABU - thanks, @Champ.
- stairm01: $LABU HOD.
- KemoSabe: markets - Truly a remarkable day in the markets. Down 510 to up 231. As Champ said earlier, this is the first time the market has ever came back positive from a 500 down day. Don't know what to say except thanks, and hope it is not a fake out. Some of my stocks had huge reversal days.....$BA $HD $LABU $NVDA $URI.
- champ: $LABU ...on the move.....
- stairm01: @champ $LABU I've been watching and bought stock yesterday at $68.58. This 3X Bull has a great price on weekly options. I like to get the stock at a good price and sell the weekly option covered call after a run up. Sold the 72 call today for $3.06, unfortuniatly when the stock price was lower. But, I'll take 9.4% in a week, if it stays above 72. If not, I have lowered my entry and can do it again next week.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I took a half position this morning... but will be out if it falls much below the $XBI 200dma.
- bigbartabs: @stairm01 $LABU ... sold a $72 call... what if it drops to $60. You have to hold the stock, right? Can't hold a naked call? I don't do options... just wondering.
- bigbartabs: @bigbartabs $LABU ... I was in this morning, but now out. Too weak for my liking.
- stairm01: @bigbartabs $LABU I own the stock at $68.58 and for every 100 shares of stock, I sold 1 call option, the 72 strike. If the stock does not close above the 72 strike, I keep the premium I sold the call for and it reduces my cost on the stock by that much. I liked where LABU pull back to on the 6 month chart. Some support in this area. This is a 3X the $IBB and it has dipped to this area six times since Aug 2017. If the stock goes on down, I keep the premium of the sold option and sell another option next week, further reducing my stock cost.
- ab3250: @bigbartabs $LABU - You can hold a naked call if your account is approved for that. It is risky.
- bigbartabs: @stairm01 $LABU $IBB ... Thanks for your reply. I trade/hold $LABU and many other x3 ETFs. Been doing that for years now. For the most part... just the main ETFs, with higher volumes, and those that correlate closely with their paired index or s ...
- bigbartabs: @ab3250 $LABU ... all my trading is within IRAs... so naked anything is not allowed. Except evenings. My wife makes the CALL to me outside... and I have to PUT myself in the shower. Or no dinner.
- geotheo: @bigbartabs $LABU Just had to say your comments are interesting and funny.
- Junior1: @champ $LABU How did you find this? With a ski slope scan. What an ugly chart! #blackdiamond
- stairm01: @bigbartabs $LABU $IBB Yes, I have been very profitable with $LABU stock and selling CC's. Back in May/June of 2017 when the stock dipped to the 200 dma it got my attention and I started playing it. Also again in November/December time frame, again when it dipped to the 200 dma. I had several different positions on at a time. Some, I would've done much better had I not sold calls against it, but a win is a win. It's amazing how far this stock can run in a week and you are stuck with the sold call that's 5-10 bucks under the stock price because it ran on you.
- champ: @Junior1 $LABU #blackdiamond --- On $DJI... this is what happens when the markets drop 1,200 points in 15 days. I caught a nice move this morning of over $3 on $LABU.....all the charts on ETF's look like hell...it is easy to make $$$$...it is all about entry...that is what happens when the markets drop.. $SSO $TNA $TQQQ $$SOXL and others...they all look the same....I have all the ETF's streaming, in front of me...its easy. Don't know what you are looking at but I make 1,000 of $$$$ off of these charts. $SPY $DJI...all look the same. $LABU...this #Bounce-Trade this morning only lasted for 45 minutes, when it bounced off the low entry...in and out....fast trade. I'm still in $TNA but I have been selling part on the high turn and adding back.
- champ: $LABU --- new position....combating the opioid crisis ....might help this ETF...??
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I'm waiting on that one... really looks ugly.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU ---- I agree and everything looks ugly...but it is hanging around this new low now at $89....and it could go even lower. However, I might get back-in on the next turn. However, I'm only watching this ETF and others for entry...could be today or in the coming days.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU --- But the lower it gets, the better it looks. This is the third drop YTD and I liked everyone of them.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... what I don't like about both LABU and $XBI at this point, is they have not only dropped below the 50dma... but also dropped below the lower channel trend lines. If it was one or the other, might be better... but both... I'll wait.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI --- You have to wait if you don't trade this ETF and this is one of the ETF's that I posted about over the weekend that.... I never swing this ETF, I only Day trade this one....off of low turn.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU $XBI ... I have held this for weeks. Just use $XBI to make your buy / sell decisions. Correlates well. The biggest risk is biotech itself... something that implodes the whole sector. But that said... I've made a lot of money with it. FWIW...
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI -- I trade both but I don't know about holding for weeks...I would have sold on the open on 3/13....but I don't swing these. LOL
- champ: @Junior1 $TNA --- Why was it a #DumbTradingTactic you asked...? I have a little time now because it is still raining in my location, for the second weekend in a row. On your post you asked me to Explain to you...but you must know what the answer is b ...
- bigbartabs: @JBed $LABU ... I have a half position that I bought yesterday. If it gets some zest, I might go to a full position. Good luck...
- JBed: $LABU Opened new position just above LOD of 97.77.
- champ: $LABU....could keep moving...that would be nice to know...I'm back-in this morning.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I just took my profit... market feeling pretty soft.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU ---- I was force to take profits in all ETF's ...XXXX machines kick-in....but I will not hesitate to re-enter...if I see something like $SSO....on any opportunity....watching.
- champ: $LABU @ $108...for now...Don't really know where this is going but it is still working....I'm holding a position....and other ETS's....$SSO $FAS $TNA....but all could turn and if they do.... I will follow.
- champ: $LABU ...could work today...don't really know but I have a new position this morning.
- champ: $DJI 25,160 ----- $SSO $FAS $LABU .....The markets could have a 400 - 500 point day....the market are now out of the gate....but there is just know real way to know...as always....all are watching and most think this move will turn but shorts are c ...
- champ: $DJI SPY $SSO $XLF $FAS $LABU --- $DJI touched +400 points but fell back a little and that was expected. The shorts will be covering going into the close, just like they did on all of those other green Friday days, that I posted on but even more so t ...
- champ: $DJI ---- This is a good example, why many traders take profits on ETF's, going into the close and it is always because of #Uncertainty, for the following days open. $TQQQ, $SSO, $LABU, and others.....buying #opportunities will be happening.....sometime soon...and I will be ready. I'm also mostly in cash and I have a ----- #BounceCandidate....stock-buy-list ready, as always but even more so now.
- champ: $LABU @ $99 ...up about $5 off the low...I hope others are looking at the right ETF's.
- baronp0329: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC #BounceCandidate #Day-3 #12 #News - Thanks Champ. I did see your post regarding the market turn and doubled my $SPLX bought earlier in the morning. Closed the trade 20-30 minutes before the close. Resulted in a decent $2200 profit. Thanks again. Appreciate your posts.
- champ: @baronp0329 $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC $SPLX --- Good Work and Yes, you can make very large $$$$, if your ready with a game plan...daily... because you have to be ready for both.... the expected and also the unexpected and that is the Key, to unlocking the door for Profits and then you just walk in, if your stock and market #timing, is more or less around entry...ton the market turn.
- TunaHelper: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC $SPLX #timing Hi champ - always a big fan of your posts and very much appreciate them. Was there any news at 12:36pm that lead you to believe the turn was going to happen then - or was it something in the charts (e.g., price crossing a moving avg)? I am trying to learn if you saw the turn based on the chart or the news - or both. Thank you! -Tuna
- TunaHelper: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC #BounceCandidate #Day-3 #12 #News Hi champ - always a big fan of your posts and very much appreciate them. Was there any news at 12:36pm that lead you to believe the turn was going to happen then - or was it something in the charts (e.g., price crossing a moving avg)? I am trying to learn if you saw the turn based on the chart or the news - or both. Thank you! -Tuna
- champ: DJI @ 24,802 --- I'm only swinging small Spec positions in $SSO and $TQQQ, took large profits on 90% on both and my full size on $LABU. Also took profits on all #BounceCandidate....spec day trades....with nice gains. #Day-4 on profits, for all of my ...
- Robert1965: @champ $SSO $LABU $TQQQ $DJI #10 Yes I noticed that too but didn't do anything, was chasing all three, got back from doctors, what are your thoughts, I thought they would drop in AH, but only for 10 minutes and then back to the close
- Robert1965: @champ $TQQQ, $SS0, $LABU, What are your thoughts on these in the PM
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU #If ... I got left behind this time... since the speed it took off over 2 days left me with no buy points. Hope you killed it.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- It sure looks like this move could continue. However, it is hard to know, if these ETF's will move higher on the open, from this PM level, they did drop from HOD and volume is low. Have to wait and see how it plays out in the first 5 - 10 minutes or so.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- Can't be in a hurry....take it slow....
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- You saw entry ...I'm in all on the lows.
- champ: $LABU....stoped Out at todays entry.....can't play against the machines.
- champ: $LABU @ $96.25 and was even higher....this will also move with the markets....but faster...if the markets can get another leg ...today....but the word is ...#If. This is one of my ETF positions.
- champ: $SSO $LABU $TQQQ $DJI ---- I'm noticing on the 5-minute daily chart, that these 3 ETF's and the $DJI turned at right around #10:10 ET...thats important to note because on Friday it was at right around that same time but todays turn lasted for about ...
- champ: #RepostCorrection.....$DJI @ 24,874 up 1.37% on the close....and the LOD on Friday 3/2...was around 24,215 and on the #high today, the markets were up around 746 points from Fridays entry low, thats about 3%, from low to high (the HOD today, was $DJI ...
- champ: $LABU .....HOD
- bigbartabs: @Trixie $XBI ... I've got a full position in $LABU for the same reason.
- Trixie: @bigbartabs $XBI $LABU Nice to have company.. :)
- bigbartabs: @Amykris @Trixie @bRobert $XBI ... and when you step up to $LABU... wear body armor!
- debeers: $LABU-down 4% as jamie Dimon, Warren Buffett, and Amazon decide to go into the healthcare business and not as competitors either but working with AMZN.
- bigbartabs: @debeers $LABU ... who would have ever guessed that we would wake up this morning, and find Jamie Dimon going into the healthcare business? Twilight Zone.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI ... this one I sold half my $LABU yesterday. But no buy back today. Looks like I should have done the same as SOXL... bought it back this morning. Looks like its coiled to break out again Monday.
|Stock Price||$USD 109.55|
The investment seeks daily investment results, of 300% of the performance of the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index ("index"). The index is provided by S&P and includes domestic companies from the biotechnology industry. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of its assets in the securities that comprise the index and/or financial instruments that provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. These financial instruments include: swap agreements; options on securities and indices; forward contracts; reverse repurchase agreements; ETFs; and other financial instruments. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of LABU
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!