Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bull 3X Shares (:LABU)
Old Forum Content for LABUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $LABU --- new position....combating the opioid crisis ....might help this ETF...??
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I'm waiting on that one... really looks ugly.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU ---- I agree and everything looks ugly...but it is hanging around this new low now at $89....and it could go even lower. However, I might get back-in on the next turn. However, I'm only watching this ETF and others for entry...could be today or in the coming days.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU --- But the lower it gets, the better it looks. This is the third drop YTD and I liked everyone of them.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... what I don't like about both LABU and $XBI at this point, is they have not only dropped below the 50dma... but also dropped below the lower channel trend lines. If it was one or the other, might be better... but both... I'll wait.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI --- You have to wait if you don't trade this ETF and this is one of the ETF's that I posted about over the weekend that.... I never swing this ETF, I only Day trade this one....off of low turn.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU $XBI ... I have held this for weeks. Just use $XBI to make your buy / sell decisions. Correlates well. The biggest risk is biotech itself... something that implodes the whole sector. But that said... I've made a lot of money with it. FWIW...
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI -- I trade both but I don't know about holding for weeks...I would have sold on the open on 3/13....but I don't swing these. LOL
- champ: @Junior1 $TNA --- Why was it a #DumbTradingTactic you asked...? I have a little time now because it is still raining in my location, for the second weekend in a row. On your post you asked me to Explain to you...but you must know what the answer is b ...
- bigbartabs: @JBed $LABU ... I have a half position that I bought yesterday. If it gets some zest, I might go to a full position. Good luck...
- JBed: $LABU Opened new position just above LOD of 97.77.
- champ: $LABU....could keep moving...that would be nice to know...I'm back-in this morning.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I just took my profit... market feeling pretty soft.
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU ---- I was force to take profits in all ETF's ...XXXX machines kick-in....but I will not hesitate to re-enter...if I see something like $SSO....on any opportunity....watching.
- champ: $LABU @ $108...for now...Don't really know where this is going but it is still working....I'm holding a position....and other ETS's....$SSO $FAS $TNA....but all could turn and if they do.... I will follow.
- champ: $LABU ...could work today...don't really know but I have a new position this morning.
- champ: $DJI 25,160 ----- $SSO $FAS $LABU .....The markets could have a 400 - 500 point day....the market are now out of the gate....but there is just know real way to know...as always....all are watching and most think this move will turn but shorts are c ...
- champ: $DJI SPY $SSO $XLF $FAS $LABU --- $DJI touched +400 points but fell back a little and that was expected. The shorts will be covering going into the close, just like they did on all of those other green Friday days, that I posted on but even more so t ...
- champ: $DJI ---- This is a good example, why many traders take profits on ETF's, going into the close and it is always because of #Uncertainty, for the following days open. $TQQQ, $SSO, $LABU, and others.....buying #opportunities will be happening.....sometime soon...and I will be ready. I'm also mostly in cash and I have a ----- #BounceCandidate....stock-buy-list ready, as always but even more so now.
- champ: $LABU @ $99 ...up about $5 off the low...I hope others are looking at the right ETF's.
- baronp0329: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC #BounceCandidate #Day-3 #12 #News - Thanks Champ. I did see your post regarding the market turn and doubled my $SPLX bought earlier in the morning. Closed the trade 20-30 minutes before the close. Resulted in a decent $2200 profit. Thanks again. Appreciate your posts.
- champ: @baronp0329 $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC $SPLX --- Good Work and Yes, you can make very large $$$$, if your ready with a game plan...daily... because you have to be ready for both.... the expected and also the unexpected and that is the Key, to unlocking the door for Profits and then you just walk in, if your stock and market #timing, is more or less around entry...ton the market turn.
- TunaHelper: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC $SPLX #timing Hi champ - always a big fan of your posts and very much appreciate them. Was there any news at 12:36pm that lead you to believe the turn was going to happen then - or was it something in the charts (e.g., price crossing a moving avg)? I am trying to learn if you saw the turn based on the chart or the news - or both. Thank you! -Tuna
- TunaHelper: @champ $SSO $TQQQ $LABU $BAC #BounceCandidate #Day-3 #12 #News Hi champ - always a big fan of your posts and very much appreciate them. Was there any news at 12:36pm that lead you to believe the turn was going to happen then - or was it something in the charts (e.g., price crossing a moving avg)? I am trying to learn if you saw the turn based on the chart or the news - or both. Thank you! -Tuna
- champ: DJI @ 24,802 --- I'm only swinging small Spec positions in $SSO and $TQQQ, took large profits on 90% on both and my full size on $LABU. Also took profits on all #BounceCandidate....spec day trades....with nice gains. #Day-4 on profits, for all of my ...
- Robert1965: @champ $SSO $LABU $TQQQ $DJI #10 Yes I noticed that too but didn't do anything, was chasing all three, got back from doctors, what are your thoughts, I thought they would drop in AH, but only for 10 minutes and then back to the close
- Robert1965: @champ $TQQQ, $SS0, $LABU, What are your thoughts on these in the PM
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU #If ... I got left behind this time... since the speed it took off over 2 days left me with no buy points. Hope you killed it.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- It sure looks like this move could continue. However, it is hard to know, if these ETF's will move higher on the open, from this PM level, they did drop from HOD and volume is low. Have to wait and see how it plays out in the first 5 - 10 minutes or so.
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- Can't be in a hurry....take it slow....
- champ: @Robert1965 $SSO $LABU $TQQQ ---- You saw entry ...I'm in all on the lows.
- champ: $LABU....stoped Out at todays entry.....can't play against the machines.
- champ: $LABU @ $96.25 and was even higher....this will also move with the markets....but faster...if the markets can get another leg ...today....but the word is ...#If. This is one of my ETF positions.
- champ: $SSO $LABU $TQQQ $DJI ---- I'm noticing on the 5-minute daily chart, that these 3 ETF's and the $DJI turned at right around #10:10 ET...thats important to note because on Friday it was at right around that same time but todays turn lasted for about ...
- champ: #RepostCorrection.....$DJI @ 24,874 up 1.37% on the close....and the LOD on Friday 3/2...was around 24,215 and on the #high today, the markets were up around 746 points from Fridays entry low, thats about 3%, from low to high (the HOD today, was $DJI ...
- champ: $LABU .....HOD
- bigbartabs: @Trixie $XBI ... I've got a full position in $LABU for the same reason.
- Trixie: @bigbartabs $XBI $LABU Nice to have company.. :)
- bigbartabs: @Amykris @Trixie @bRobert $XBI ... and when you step up to $LABU... wear body armor!
- debeers: $LABU-down 4% as jamie Dimon, Warren Buffett, and Amazon decide to go into the healthcare business and not as competitors either but working with AMZN.
- bigbartabs: @debeers $LABU ... who would have ever guessed that we would wake up this morning, and find Jamie Dimon going into the healthcare business? Twilight Zone.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI ... this one I sold half my $LABU yesterday. But no buy back today. Looks like I should have done the same as SOXL... bought it back this morning. Looks like its coiled to break out again Monday.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI $LABU ... I think this dive today is largely due to squeamish traders with New York threatening to sue biotech firms... I think for the opioid addiction problem we have. That's probably an empty threat though, since it seems to be the doctors prescribing the opioid pain killers that's the problem. Maybe some doctors here can comment on that... FWIW
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $XBI $LABU Biotech VERY different than narcotic pharma. Ignore the headlines. Trade the charts.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI $LABU ... trade the charts... ditto, the only way. I'm back with a full position in LABU after the pullback today.
- jnag698: $LABU- Had a chunk called away for a great profit. Will wait for the inevitable pullback to reload.
- debeers: $LABU-Biggest sector winner today on the backs of the acquisitions.
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU nice call ATH at 100.26
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $XBI ... I bought $LABU twice to a full position yesterday. Glad I did. Good luck...
- bigbartabs: $XBI $LABU ... volume sure is low
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $XBI $LABU Direction is most important. Volume is always secondary in the new market.
- woodman: @indigo1948 $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU - The JUNO deal, if there is to be one, is/will be good for #Biotech. It will spur a lot of M&A chatter.
- indigo1948: @woodman $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU #Biotech - agreed - biotech is due for a surge.
- bigbartabs: @bwcarnation1 $XBI ... I sold half my $LABU this morning, then added it back when it seemed to bottom around 1:30pm. We'll see how that goes. The chart still seems pretty good. If it doesn't recover by the close... I might go back to half. FWIW... good luck...
- bigbartabs: @woodman $JUNO $RXDX #Biotech ... up tomorrow? Of course it will. I sold my $LABU today.
- champ: @bigbartabs $FAS $KRE ---- My largest position is $KRE and then $FAS.... but I'm holding your ETF.. $TNA... day 6 for me now ..with size. I'm also still holding $ERX and $LABU...for now...these are all trading positions. Traders are nervous about the size of the bank write downs, that the Banks will be announcing because of the Tax Bill....but they are only paper write downs....for example... $BAC earnings... will include a $3 billion $$$$, paper write down as the result of the Tax Act....$C is around 16-17$ b --- GS around $5b --- $MS is $1.25B...these losses are often referred to as....carry over losses. ....however, the focus will be on earnings...... and like $BAC, they will have massive Tax benefits going forward because of the Tax Bill, I think the number was around $19 billion $$$$ but I loss my chart ...
- champ: $LABU @ $84.75 ---- Nice $4.50... move up, off the low...still holding ...for now....turned with the market
- champ: $LABU $86.80 hanging around HOD, up $6.50 off of todays low....still holding.
- traderbren: $LABU -- continues to get a bid, and could fuel the next leg higher.
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - Rolling CCs up & out. Love this. Glty.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU --- So do I..... I did not catch it, on the low turn and I'm only swinging 1/3...however, its still moving up in the AH's a little
- CHOFF: @DAN I've traded $LABD successfully when $LABU, $XBI turn negative. Sometimes the momentum swings in Biotech can be obvious and it can pay handsomely without much work.
- champ: @Bridget $AGN $$175.25 ---- The first 40 minutes were alright but it has been flat... after that...I'm holding a position...also in $VRX and $LABU..
- champ: $LABU @ $82.60 up 5.3% HOD ....still holding
- champ: $LABU up 7.4% @ $84..25
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- I'm going to give it a rest... but $LABU @ $85..-up 8.4%is HOD and looks like it might run into the close...Health Conference is moving this ETF.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ $LABU Thanks for tip
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ $LABU .... could be to late...???
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU it is too late
- bigbartabs: $XBI $IBB $LABU ... biotech folded up like a lawn chair... what's the news? Adding to LABU Friday didn't work so well...
- jnag698: @bigbartabs $XBI $IBB $LABU - JPM Bio conference............... sell the news?
- JBed: #unusual options activity on $LABU - block of 400 $85 calls exp. 1/26. Pretty wide spread so I'm watching.
- champ: $FAS @ $71....#New Position this morning...going into this sectors earnings because its easy to see $$$$ are now moving into this sector...$XLF...its about Rotation and all banks will or should beat on earnings ...again, is my guess. For many reasons ...
- champ: $GWPH $CTL $DRN $LABU $UAL $CPA ...I took profits on these positions over the last few days and I also took profits on this trade Day Trade $UGAZ going into the close, will look at this trade again in the morning. I had 2 trades on this position today and made a few $$$$.
- champ: $LABU up $3.40 ..another 4% and I'm still holding this swing position....Day 9.... with 1 red day and that was as expected, on Friday....this sector is on the move also.
- Vehid: @champ $LABU What is your target?
- traderbren: $IBB and $LABU -- both look constructive after a small dip this morning. Long $IBB
- champ: $LABU @ $81.20 ...don't really know if this move is over or not...but I'm still holding...no reason to take profits, at this time.
- jnag698: @champ $LABU - I've been selling CCs. Has worked fairly well over the months.
- champ: @jnag698 $LABU ----- Yes...Thanks!
- champ: @Robert1965 $CENX --- You know all good moves fall back, just like $UGAZ and you have to have confidence, in your investment or your trade or you will not be able to hold...thats where Research plays a big part....I have confidence in these trades .. ...
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY #Hurricane ... yes, I'm a big holder of x3 ETFs. Currently I have full positions of $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $TNA $SOXL $TECL ... half positions in $LABU $GUSH... and overall 147% in with my trading account. I'm not currently in (or misssed) $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF. I've been using these for almost a decade now (or since they debuted). Those that correlate close with their x1 ETF equivalents... I especially like. I'm hoping the volumes continue to rise with x3 ETFs... since many are pretty low volume, and are more management time intensive to hold.
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- Yes, management time, is a real problem, just a lot of work but it pays off in a really big way....I will not swing any margin, that for sure....do you..? Day trades are free...as you know....I will be 100% invested on the close...I think I'm at around 130%...for now.
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ... actually my management time is low, except for those x3 ETFs that are lower volume, and c ...
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- You buy on significant pull backs. Yes, I also buy when others are selling and in many cases I also sell when others are buying or chasing but I do trade chase, with many day trades, with stop, right around entry and most of the time I never swing more than 1/2 of a chase trade...but I have already have put in the research time or I will not chase because... I have to know why I'm chasing.
- champ: $LABU up over $6....HOD and the Business Tax Reform Bill is also working in this sector, for now....still holding and I'm swinging 1/2 of this position.
- Vehid: $LABU retreating to channel. Switched to $LABD
- champ: $LABU still holding.....
- champ: @Robert1965 $FANG $PXD $CXO $EOG $XEC $CRZO $BTE...... $ERX ....this morning...I only swing around 25% in these ETF's because they are very #HighRisk...but I'm swinging a full position in $DRN and but not in $LABU or $UGAZ... .
- champ: $LABU back-in this spec trade....
- champ: $LABU ....HOD....
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU have you sold any today
- stairm01: @Robert1965 $LABU Holding LABU from $42.00 and looks as if it has had it's run. Just sold next weeks 47 call for $2.10.
- traderbren: $LABU -- seeing some life.
- champ: $TNA $LABU $ERX....I'm still holding these ETF's...
- champ: $LABU ..up 4%...hanging around HOD....still holding.
- champ: $LABU $TNA ---- $ERX out 3/4th ----OUT....took the $$$/ profits near the highs, on these ETF's...don't know how the vote is going to go...they might vote tonight...? ...does anyone know, I have not been following today.
- champ: $TNA $LABU going to swing 1/2, of both of these ETF's.
- champ: $LABU ....added to my swing this morning....but I could take it off.
|Stock Price||$USD 107.68|
The investment seeks daily investment results, of 300% of the performance of the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index ("index"). The index is provided by S&P and includes domestic companies from the biotechnology industry. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of its assets in the securities that comprise the index and/or financial instruments that provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. These financial instruments include: swap agreements; options on securities and indices; forward contracts; reverse repurchase agreements; ETFs; and other financial instruments. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of LABU
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!