Martin Marietta Materials Inc. (NYSE:MLM)
Old Forum Content for MLMMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $MLM-A beat & a raise. Nice.
- optionswealth: @debeers $MLM ~$14 nice. I didn't hold it through some of its down days. But if you own it, not nice but WOW
- champ: @Alexander $EXP @ $113.33---- I added back yesterday and I added a little more this morning at $113.11....they had a large beat on earnings but missed by $8m on revs. You must remember this stock and the sector... zig-zags and these 3 stocks also dropped yesterday $MLM $VMC and $USCR....this is a #holding stock and not a trading stock...strong buy for long term and 2 of their other divisions are ...#Infrastructure plays and one division is a large #Sand supplier and their 4th division, is a play on WallBoard.
- Alexander: @champ $EXP $MLM $VMC $USCR #holding #Infrastructure #Sand Thanks champ. I just bought $EXP at 113.30 and will evaluate others.
- champ: @Alexander $EXP $MLM $VMC $USCR #holding #Infrastructure #Sand ---- No real reason to hold the others if your in $EXP because this stocks covers all the other 3....make sure that you look at their WebSite, for info and photo's, so you have a good understanding, on why you are holding this investment position. This company will really benefit from the Business Reform Tax Bill...that will be kicking up earnings... 14%.
- Alexander: @champ $EXP $MLM $VMC $USCR #holding #Infrastructure #Sand Perfect. Thanks again @champ.
- optionswealth: $MLM Break out today. Maybe a better entry in the morning than right now if your interested.
William Priest - $OLED, $AMAT, $SBUX, $MLM, $MET
Oscar Schafer - $CNK, $ORLY, $COMM, $EVTC, $ANIP
All the best!
- RedLeaf1: @Forexpro $XON $MSG $BATRA $MGM $ZBH $CNHI $GCP $PCAR $TXT $ENR $LCRX $HCLP $GTN $ARCC $HOFT $XLE $NTG $BKLN $EWZ $DXJ $EFX $MTN $BFAM $SERV $SHOP $GRUB $OXY $ABBV $MDLZ $MU $WDC $MRVL $ORCL $SNAP $KMX $OEC $OLED $AMAT $SBUX $MLM $MET $CNK $ORLY $COMM $EVTC $ANIP Thanks, Forexpro!
- indigo1948: @Forexpro $XON $MSG $BATRA $MGM $ZBH $CNHI $GCP $PCAR $TXT $ENR $LCRX $HCLP $GTN $ARCC $HOFT $XLE $NTG $BKLN $EWZ $DXJ $EFX $MTN $BFAM $SERV $SHOP $GRUB $OXY $ABBV $MDLZ $MU $WDC $MRVL $ORCL $SNAP $KMX $OEC $OLED $AMAT $SBUX $MLM $MET $CNK $ORLY $COMM $EVTC $ANIP - thank you for the information - interesting choices - $MDLZ has been channeling for about 2 1/2 years and $OXY has a great deal of room to the upside - long both of these.
- DrScience: @optionswealth #Infrastructure A few to investigate: $MDU, $STRL $GVA $VMC $MLM $USLM. Some high-yielders types: $IDE $BCX $HASI
- optionswealth: @bRobert $MLM $VMC #Infrastructure Thank you, and on my list now.
- bRobert: $MLM breakout continues. Look at pullbacks. Holding stock. Target $245+
- champ: @singlemalt $EPX $CRR ---- I'm glad you checked them out and their Concrete & Aggregates division is also strong....and also look at their Cement division, its also working and the way that you can till is, look at the NewsFlow on their competito ...
- singlemalt: @champ $EPX $CRR $USCR $MLM $VMC #Hurricane #All Hard to argue with any of those divisions. The stock performance indeed tells you all you need to know about how well they're executing the various parts of the business. I'm a believer.
- champ: @singlemalt $EPX $CRR $USCR $MLM $VMC #Hurricane #All --- My only advice would be...be Alert and watch the NewsFlow and have a voice alert set, with a safety stop. This is a long term hold and wait to be Rewarded position, for me. I just want to say....I #really believe the locals in #Texas... are buying this stock...news travels fast. LOL
- champ: $TRHC @ $34.30 --- I posted on this Health company, a small cap growth stock and it keeps climbing and volume is always thin and if you were to look are all the small/mid cap growth stocks, that I have been posting about, with thin volume, all are higher and some are much higher...these are a few $OSB $LGIH $TREX $GVA $USCR $EXP $BECN $GNRC $CBPX $VMC $MLM $ALGT ...I'm just saying just because volume is thin, it doesn't mean that the stocks can't move up. I'm holding most all of these positions and on a few, I'm coming in and out..trading....$MLM $VMC $USCR and their are others.
- DAN: @champ $TRHC $OSB $LGIH $TREX $GVA $USCR $EXP $BECN $GNRC $CBPX $VMC $MLM $ALGT The thinly traded stocks can sometimes the the stocks that go up the most.. There is risk in buying the thinly traded stocks. But if institutional traders start to buy, a small cap, thinly traded stock can make very very big gains.
- champ: @DAN $TRHC $OSB $LGIH $TREX $GVA $USCR $EXP $BECN $GNRC $CBPX $VMC $MLM $ALGT ---- I said something like that this morning. Thanks, for saying it correctly.
- champ: $VMC $MLM ----Working I had a post....don't let them run away from you.
- champ: $MLM $VMC ---- Earnings on both were OK, I was looking for lower profits. They had many positive comments and guided higher.....I'm watching for these types of Great companies, with low risk entries. I have been in both, many times before and have done a lot of research on both... and now it should be all blue sky going forward. Both will benefit from the $Hurricanes and the economy and be much higher in the coming months. I'm in, on these lows today, with 1/3 size positions but either way, I will be adding.
- bRobert: $MLM target 1 . $220 . target 2 $240 . Earnings 11/2 trumps charts .
- optionswealth: @debeers $MLM $VMC $EXP $USCR Love the pun. LOL
- bRobert: $USCR . $MLM Perky and watching for next leg
- bRobert: $MLM $USCR MLM trigger $215+ target $235. Double bottom setup USCR Breaking higher out of tight consolidation
- bRobert: $MLM $VMC $EXP $USCR Aggregates and concrete perky. EXP nh
- debeers: @bRobert $MLM $VMC $EXP $USCR -Its a material world! You should steel yourself for it.
- bRobert: $MLM $EXP $VMC $USCR constructive action.
- bRobert: $MLM $USCR setting up. Watching for move above 210. USCR Consolidation in tight trading range above 50d
- bRobert: $MLM adding. Stop below
- bRobert: $EXP $MLM EXP nh. MLM double bottom target 235. when clears 215
- bRobert: $MLM Low risk entry or wait flag trigger above 210. 35
- bRobert: $MLM watching for trade with stop just below Fri low 204.95. Possible double bottom target 235. Risk /reward down a couple dollars/up nearly $30
- bRobert: $MLM Double bottom. Triggers If clears 215 . Target $235
- champ: @bRobert $EXP --- Yes, its hard to move the needle in a large company but its a new ballgame now. Thanks, for the post and I glad you agree. This is really a nice diversified #Infrastructure company, that doesn't really zig-zag, like $MLM and $VMC, along with some of the many others and the $Hurricane should really help this Texas company. I feel really relaxed, with this position because I don't feel like I'm chasing, at this point.
- champ: $MLM $VMC $USCR....all are climbing hard and if your not in these ...your late...I have many posts on these stocks.
- champ: $DJI $SPX ---- Big day and all my positions are in the green and I'm swinging all positions but I did take 1/2 off of $MLM $VMC and $USCR.
- champ: $GVA @ $50.30 ---- Granite Construction and Engineering Co, in California and they are based and started in my area. One of the top 25 largest Construction Co's in the U.S. Mostly transportation infrastructure...with Cement Trucks and all the Heavy E ...
- champ: @spmeyers $MLM #RulesForBreakouts #1 #2 #But #3 #4 #5 #6 #BreakOuts #CopyCat #Posted ---- #MyTradingStyle ---- No not really but I do make a lot of Day trades (but only when I see a quality set-up....and I never force a trade) that turn into swin ...
- spmeyers: @champ $MLM $XOM $CVX $PXD $XLF $XLE $XRT #RulesForBreakouts #1 #2 #But #3 #4 #5 #6 #BreakOuts #CopyCat #Posted #MyTradingStyle #high #Competitors #Know thanks again champ; kind of you to take the time; sounds like you have a good combination of fundamental and technical elements in your approach; good luck!
- champ: $MLM bouncing off the low....
- champ: @spmeyers #RulesForBreakouts ---- My rules are real simple and their are only 6..#1.. I Must have Quality News, that I feel will move the stock. #2.. I have to see volume....#But I don't really need volume for the buy because many times, I'm one of t ...
- spmeyers: @champ $MLM #RulesForBreakouts #1 #2 #But #3 #4 #5 #6 #BreakOuts #CopyCat #Posted thanks a lot; are you mainly a day trader?
- bRobert: $USCR . $MLM uscr Flag weekly. Squeeze daily . mlm trading above 50d
- bRobert: $CX . $MLM . $EXP . $BX CX added to long stop 9.70. MLM EXP .Strong earnings growth. consolidating below 50d . Watching for run to begin
- bRobert: $HPJ $EXP $MLM hpj Coninues climb. On a weekly basis EXP starting to look very inteesting. Strong revenue/eps growth. MLM similar
- champ: $MLM $VMC ---- Stocks in the #Infrastructure sector also dropped today....rotating out of both of these names today.
- bRobert: @champ $MLM $VMC #Infrastructure Not all created equal. USCR CX still firm support.
- bRobert: $MLM Good entry if stays green.
- DAN: @bRobert $USCR They all look good, bRobert. $MLM/$VMC still consolidating. Good buying interest in USCR.
- champ: @issues ---- $URI is a #Infrastructure play but I would think that the price of Oil would have to drop to around 35-$40 before the big energy companies would start to slow down and stop adding on any new drilling rigs. However, some might think that the News of the day might slow down the National #Infrastructure $$$$, that could be coming. I posted yesterday that I took profits on all of my Infrastructure stocks like $MLM and others because of the nice run that they had and it looks like I was right or could be right. The bottom line is.... everything in Infrastructure would effect $URI.....good point.
- champ: $VMC and $MLM ---- Both of these #Infrastructure stock are still working off of that news from yesterday .....plus a few others...$X $USCR
- Bridget: @champ $VMC $MLM $X $USCR #Infrastructure I like the pattern here. Thanks for pointing them out.
- woodman: Some #BuildingMaterials of interest: $JELD $BLDR $TREX $BMCH (if can get thru 50 day in coming days) $MAS $VMC $AWI $CSTE (at 200 day but has some work to do) $MLM $USG (maybe; has work to do) $OC (but is extended) $BLD $LPX (if gets thru 50d) $EWP (above 102 area) $PGEM (maybe).
- PRK: @champ $VMC $MLM $X $USCR #Infrastructure Don't forget the infrastructure fund $UTF which also pays a nice monthly dividend.
- champ: @PRK $VMC $MLM $X $USCR $UTF #Infrastructure ----- Yes, your right about $UTF, had a great move off of the current Trump teams news YTD, along with the others but I'm now out all today and just waiting for another drop....but it might not happen and or the next #Political Infrastructure News event that spikes the stocks up again, in this sector.
- Trixie: @woodman $JELD $BLDR $TREX $BMCH $MAS $VMC $AWI $CSTE $MLM $USG $OC $BLD $LPX $EWP $PGEM #BuildingMaterials $IR might be of interest . VS up near the 50ma close to 52 wk highs too.. With their heating/cooling i think they might work.Only thing is they are from Ireland.
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - financials still working but starting to slow while waiting for FOMC. $WFC $AMTD $SCHW $CMA $ALLY $IYT - transports doing good. $CSX $FDX $UPS $GBX $XBI - biotechs doing good. $CVLS $MDT $OMER $PUMP $ABT Casinos holding- $CZR $MLCO $WYNN $LVS Infrastructure trade - $VMC $CMC $MLM $XLK recovering - $IRBT $TSLA $LITE $EDU $XHB breaking out - $KHB $LEN $PHM Winners on a pullback - $MTN $DPZ $NFLX $AMAT $ANET $MAS - breakout $IPI - breakout
- bRobert: $Cx $Cx Potential Range breakout on daily. Squeeze weekly. Perky action lately in concrete and aggregates. $MLM, $EXP . $USCR . $VMC
- bwcarnation1: $MLM double top or nice cup?? pull back after hi from earnings gap up now finding support and being bought near 50d
- champ: $VMC and $MLM -- Both still working off of those 3/27 lows in both that I posted about.... 20% and 15% and could have a little more left...???...still holding.
- champ: @captron $X ---- Yes, their is more noise about #Infrastructure today and the news is that even the dems are on board, on this part of the bill or maybe they will break it out with a separate bill..?? #HealthCareBill is now back in the news, for a possible vote in the coming days or weeks..? $VMC and $MLM are on the move today but $MLM reports in the morning. $USCR also moving a little. I'm not really expecting much of anything from $X in the short term but you never know.... however, in the next 1 or 2 weeks, we might look back and see that this was a low risk entry...????
- champ: $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD ---- Infrastructure stocks all seem to be working, as of now. President Trump is still working on many sectors...he seems to be able to work on many sectors of the economy...daily. If they can get the #HealthCareBill passed soon, when Congress gets back in town, the markets could easily move back up to new highs, in the short term but I'm sure the markets will have zig-zags along the way. Earnings have been positive except for a few. Just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
- audrina0904: @champ $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill Took a low risk buy on $CLF the last two days which has paid off nicely, as long as support holds above 6.66. Also STO APR 28 7.50 calls at .25. Should be a quick low risk TRADE.
- spmeyers: @champ $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill don't bet on health care bill: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/326433-gop-revival-of-healthcare-repeal-makes-little-progress
- spmeyers: @champ $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill To the extent infrastructure stocks are working (which I'm not seeing; most are below the 50-day), it's due to the general economy; no one expects any action from Congress til 2018
- audrina0904: @spmeyers $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill I think you are looking at a longer term horizon...They are working extremely well rhrn and have a good snap back due.
- champ: @spmeyers $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill --- That article that you just posted is old news and was dated 3/30. They just had GOP members on FoxBusiness this morning and they are saying its coming together fast and they said ...
- champ: $MLM @ $218.84 HOD for now up $ 7.68
- champ: @spmeyers $MLM $VMC $USCR $TECK $FCX $X $NUE $STLD #HealthCareBill --- #PatternAndTrendTrades --- I understand and thanks for your opinion but traders have many difference type of opinions and trades. These stocks sure worked today and buys and sells ...
- champ: $MLM new spec position....
- champ: $VMC $MLM and $USCR --- Really on the move this morning...3 of my infrastructure stocks
- champ: @champ $VMC $MLM $USCR $NUE $TECK....now 5 of my Infrastructure stocks are up and $FCX is down a little. I sold $IIIN a couple of days ago and I'm out for now because I think I was to early on that one.
- champ: @spmeyers $SPX @ 2,361....$NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks --- I'm very positive on the sector.....because of the economy and my entries, were near the lows....$MLM was around $204 and $VMC $111both on 3/27, $NUE @ $59.45 a ...
- champ: $MLM ...I added near the low and has bounce over a $1 now....added a day trade to my core position.
- champ: $AMZN $MLM $VMC and $PXD....nice moves ...posted yesterday.
- champ: #InfrastructureStocks my list -- $NUE $59.545...Back in about $6 lower from my last sell on that drop....I could be early but my thinking is this could be a great entry....for a new starter position..??....stop little lower than entry...going to try and hold. Also holding $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK and $FCX ....I set up these positions all around the lows....and posted....I'm looking forward and just waiting....but with safety stops....up on all ....except $FCX and I almost double up on this one the other day... I'm thinking the bottom was put in on 3/27
- CHOFF: @champ $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks - Has the fiasco with $FCX's Grasberg mine been resolved?
- cmac: @champ $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks Best infrastructure stock I have is Lafarge $HCMLY. Thinly traded, but its the only one where the stock didn't fall apart just because of Trump trade....I'm also tempted to re-enter $FCX and agree $12 may have been the bottom
- stevef214: @CHOFF $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks Nothing official on their website but Reuter's article yesterday quotes Indonesian mining minister stating they issued a 6 month export license where $FCX can export copper again as long as they agree to develop a smelter . I believe that from the onset $FCX wanted some better assurances before they spend on the smelter and Indonesia wants $530M deposit for the smelter where FCX set aside $80M. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-freeport-exports-idUSKCN0VJ0EI
- CHOFF: @stevef214 $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks - thank you! It's a volatile one. Hope it's a repeat of 10/31 breakout again. 50ma looks to be resistance at 13.90's in coming days if it maintains. Grasberg is a large portion of their revenue and the copper price fluctuation make this one feel like a crap shoot. I'm curious how tight your stop limits are @stevef214 @champ @cmac if it reverses from this 10% run up.
- stevef214: @CHOFF $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks Yep, IMO at this point if $FCX does not put out a news release soon saying they are in agreement with the offer then this is just the Indonesian gov't positioning for a better bargaining position and it could reverse right back down. For now just below yesterdays low and will move it up to todays low if it moves up again Monday. Of course if $FCX puts out a news release that they have accepted and have settled and it gaps up which it should then maybe take some profits, because as of now the offer also includes $FCX selling more of the mine shares to Indonesia and I don't know how this will affect their revenue/profits.
- champ: @cmac $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX $HCMLY #InfrastructureStocks --- Thanks, I'm going to take a look...big company it has a market cap of $35.6 and enterprise value $54.5b but never any volume....I call these low volume stocks....sleeper stocks.
- CHOFF: @stevef214 $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks ---interesting points. thank you
- spmeyers: @champ $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK $FCX #InfrastructureStocks I just don't see the catalyst for this group. A deal between Trump and Dems on this seems very unlikely, and the Repubs in Congress have put it off til next year. (More bang before the 2018 mid-terms). Am I missing something?
- champ: @stevef214 $NUE $MLM $VMC $USCR $IIIN $TECK #FCX #InfrastructureStocks -- On #FCX it's still down around 25% from when this news was first announced on 1/25 and the price of copper started dropping right around that same date... but the copper prices ...
- champ: @mopick #GasolineTax --- I was thinking Infrastructure plays...$IIIN $USCR $VMC and $MLM....plays but they all fell back... as we took some off...my fault... I forgot to say...got carry away.
- champ: @champ $IIIN $USCR $VMC $MLM #GasolineTax -- I will be waiting for another bounce, alerts are set....they really fell back hard ...can't find anything.
- champ: $MLM back in stop at entry moves real fast...
- champ: $MLM now up $5 off the low...$VMC also had a nice move.....posted on both Friday.
- champ: $MLM down $6.40 now...ya baby ..fly like a butter fly and sting like a bee....how low can you go...I'm in no hurry...I will just wait until your done. I'm also watching $VMC
- bigbartabs: @champ $X $TECK $MLM ... $CLF looks like a good buy point too.
- champ: $MLM and $VMC are running together... up around 3%....I swing long both.
- champ: $MLM .....really Nice HOD and $VMC
- champ: These New traders.....seem to be working at this point this morning. ---$X @ $38.50 $TECK @ $20.22 $MLM @ $214 ---- New swing positions on the drop this morning ....because of Trumps speech tonight before Congress.
- champ: $VMC @ $120 --- Moving up off of Trumps announcement that he will be talking about infrastructure in his speech Tuesday when he address the Congress...I'm holding a swing position off the low the other day and missed $MLM ...it's also moving up.
- ogas: $MLM - low risk buy point?
- champ: $MLM @ $220.30 --- Back in with a new Spec long...Day trade RHRN stop at entry.
- champ: $MLM and $VMC ....new longs... Day trades ...near the lows ....for now they are working....very nice bounce....would like to swing 1/2 on ea.
- champ: $MLM has now bounced $7 off the low and $VMC has also bounced about $2 also off the low...going to hold both positions now that earnings are over with.
|Stock Price||$USD 230.68|
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. is a producer of aggregates products for the construction industry, including infrastructure, nonresidential, residential, railroad ballast, agricultural, and chemical grade stone used in environmental applications.Request Video of MLM
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 31st, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 8.10 16.03%
- $USD 21.95 15.76%
- $USD 10.17 14.58%
- $USD 18.55 -23.01%
- $USD 27.62 -4.94%
- $USD 18.88 -4.76%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!