Overstock.com Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK)
Old Forum Content for OSTKMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $OSTK rising again on increased volume after a period of consolidation. BReaking above $33 rhrn.
- RedLeaf1: @grcjr $GBTC Well done. I am afraid to hold $GBTC overnight. Grasso from Fast Money said last night that $OSTK trades in step with BTC with less risk than $GBTC. I will be watching to see if that trend continues.
- grcjr: @RedLeaf1 @debeers $GBTC $OSTK - I was on the fence on this one, planned to trim or sell all. Grasso just helped me make the decision to sell. Was a smallish position.
- cmac: $OSTK that is some breakout. no position
- moneyHoHo: A few others I'll be watching this morning $OSTK $HAIN $ODFL.
- DrChucky: $OSTK, $AMZN - headline reads Overstock launches price war against Amazon. David and Goliath story for sure. interesting.
- Jadee: @DrChucky Have not looked at or traded $OSTK in many years but do remember the CEO was a real whack job
- moneyHoHo: Like I said yesterday: Geesh! $OSTK
- moneyHoHo: Geesh! $OSTK
- Tricia: Notable earnings before Thursday's open $ABFS, $ABMD, $ADT, $AIT, $ALXN, $AN, $ARG, $ATK, $BC, $BEAV, $BEN, $BLL, $BMS, $BTU, $BX, $BZH, $CAH, $CAM, $CARB, $CELG, $CEVA, $CL, $CMS, $COP, $CRR, $CRS, $DFT, $DGX, $DOV, $DST, $EPD, $ERIC, $ESI, $HAR, $HGG, $HOG, $HP, $HSH, $HSY, $IVZ, $KELYA, $KEM, $KMT, $LLL, $LLY, $MAN, $MD, $MMM, $MO, $NOC, $NVO, $OSTK, $OXY, $PBI, $PHM, $PLD, $POT, $RGLD, $RTN, $RYL, $SHW, $TE, $TEN, $TKR, $TMO, $TWC, $UA, $UPS, $UTEK, $V, $VIAB, $VLY, $WCC, $WHR, $XEL, $XOM, ZMH
- Tim S: Notable earnings before Thursday's open $ADS, $APH, $BAX, $BBT, $BGG, $BTU, $BX, $CY, $DGX, $DHR, $DOV, $FCFS, $FCS, $FITB, $GS, $HBAN, $HLSS, $MTB, $NUE, $ORB, $OSTK, $PENN, PM, $PPG, $SNA, $SON, $SVU, $SYNT,TSM, $TZOO, $UNH, $UNP, $UTEK, $VZ, WGO
The third attempts to require a 20% or greater rally off the first bottom. It's sensitive but not specific, since maxh80.1 may occur prior to the first bottom. For an example, look at $OSTK which meets the criteria of the scan today but is not what ...
- Aiko: Short People The @Randy Newman Trade - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA Recent additions to the Zack's Strong Sell List (Zack's #5) $ARAY $AUO $CVC $DDE $EVBS $FGP $FSYS $GAIA GLGL $GEF $GES $ICGE $INFN ISTA $KFY $MXL $MED $MERU $NVEC $OSTK $PTP $RENT $RMTI $RST $STNG $SIGA $TXN THQI TRGL $VIP $VTSS $WYY $AIXG $SAN $ELY $CRZO CYMI $DV $FFKY $FSR $GILT $GIFI $CTC $JACK $TUC $MHR $MTH $MFA $MCHP $NOR $ORRF $PEGA PNSN $RSOL $SAFT $SRT $LVB $STE $AMAT $CHU $EVC $FSS $HIG $ISSI $NIHD $PLXS $RWT $SIGI $SWIR $OKSB $SPF TLB $USAK $WSH $DM XIDE $IDSA $JOEZ $LLTC $LOOK $MHO $MEAS MFGLQ $SOL RODM $SHG $TGB $UFCS AGL $BKS $CSUN $GIL IRIS $PHG MFN $MLI $MVC $RIO SRSL
New 52 week lows include: $ACW, $ADM, $ADVS, $AEIS, $AF, $AFAM, $AFL, $AGII, $AGO, $AIG, $AKAM, $AKS, $ALL, $ALNY, $ALR, $AMCC, $AMED, $AMKR, $AMSC, $ANAD, $ANR, $ANW, $AOL, $ARAY, $ARC, $ARI, $ARRY, $ART, $ASEI, $ASIA, $ATHX, ATPG, $AUO, $AUXL, $AV ...
- debrup: Volatility Squeezes: $FCFS SCHL $BLK QCOM $OSTK HERO $TROW DECK $AWI FCEA $APEI CSTR $WAT EW $BG some names that came out of my scans, please note these scans are not based on the 6% BB width but on the relative width of the BB to the history of the stock. Have a great weekend.
$OSTK was initiated with a Buy rating, Benchmark Company said. $18 price target. Company can deliver reliable sales and cash flow growth.
Textron downgraded at Deutsche
$TXT was downgraded from Buy to Hold, Deutsche Bank said. $30 price targ ...
- Golf77: $OSTK great pivot heading to phase III. Get long
- taylor: Re: tomorrow's RealMoney article @Dan, I would be interested in several selections: $GOOG, $OSTK, $DNDN, $STEC, and a bottomfisher's favorite that is trying to stabilize, $MON Thanks
- tnt: @evanesce, Always aprreciate your thoughts. I am hedging my longs in $SLW, PALM, $OSTK, $ARAY with Short APOL. $APOL is really weak in a strong tape today.
- Imre: $OSTK forming nice downtrend, even market going slightly up already $OSTK still going down. So, expect the expected hope it's getting down to 10
- Imre: Hi again Doing little homework here, it's Saturday evening for me and nothing else to dobeside watch TV and check next week. $OSTK going down to 10, very similar move to $GOOG, beside April gap filled. Not a quick trade, but to me next stop seems 10 or so. Hard to get this stock for #shorting, but you have to wait a slight up move and then short. I am considering going short next week. I have been in and out from time to time when stock moved sideways, but now it's a crashing stock. I think.
- Imre: Hi @dan and @kmis! Certanly we don't have to underestimate that millions of traders round the world looking the same things as you. Bollinger, $MA, weekly charts and and etcetc. Even me from Estonia. All this stuff gives a little chance that you might minimize the risk of sell or buy, but as you see this enviroment nothing works. Yesterday it seemed to $POT short could work, then $OSTK short hold till it gets 10 bucks is real, but it's going higher. What to trust. This the reason why I joined this community to get a little assistance, different opinions, perhaps even help as it's rather boring sit in cash, but during last few months I have lost confidence.
Of course, one day the bear market will be over, and we'll start trending higher. However, when that day comes you will not want to be in $JNJ, $BAC, or any "safe" stock. You will want to find the new volatile wonders; the new $MTL, the new $GTLS, t ...
- Gabe: Some crazy strong stocks: $BTE BWEN $CYD EAC $FPP HUSA $MMR MXC $PDO RAME SUTR. One of my favorite $AG trades, FEED, is at a potential entry point today - if you can handle the volatility (small position, tight stop). $OSTK has still more room to go, IMHO (long). $OI also at entry point, folks need beer glasses :) $ACM, $PCS - cup just forming.
- Gabe: Can you say short #squeeze? As they say, never short a dull market. EXM, $OSTK, $DRYS, $MBI, all ramping today. I am very cautious with this rally, protecting profits, and not adding any long exposure at this point. In fact, I'm waiting for the right short entries. Long $OSTK, DRYS.
- Gabe: Yes, Eric, thank you. I guess if it worked all the time, it would be called winning, not trading, right? On another note, I still like $OSTK as a . Decreasing volume after the gap up is a sign that there are no sellers, right @Dan? I am considering an entry when the market firms up a bit, if it holds up during the weakness.
- qureshir: Hi guys, Any thoughts on $DRYS or $OSTK, they both look like potentially good longs near support. Thanks. Riz
- qureshir: Fedex expects record holiday volume and is increasing shipping rates. Stock is up $9 dollars in afterhours. Do others think that this may have positive implications for $OSTK and AMZN? Not sure if they use Fedex or UPS? Riz
- tabrussell: @Mary, I like $SYNA for that kind of play, but I see $SYNA reporting the week of 1 November according to Earnings.com. I may be mistaken, though it is still a very healthy-looking chart here at $50. My watchlist for next week coming into today for pre-earnings plays included $YHOO, $CSX (I saw some exceptionally huge call volume on some near-but-out-of-the-money calls for November and January), $EBAY, $GOOG, $NOK, $CREE, $SNDK (I saw the downgrade and that concerns me), $UNH, $MMM, $CAT, $OSTK, WB, and SLB. That will probably get revised tonight.
- ocean65: Hello everyone - My PM charts looked extended last Friday so I took profits in Gold, @Silver, palladium and Platinum. I also increased my Nymex short position. I will look to re-enter PM sector on a pullback. I will be adding short Index positions this week as the large funds put money to work for the quarter end.Apart From Northern Rock which I bought on Friday when I heard Deutche bank had bought 4% on Thursday and $OSTK which I bought a few weeks ago I have no equity positions in my trading portfolio and will sit back and wait. I am personally astounded that the seriouness of the fundamental economic environment is being discounted by the market as irrelevant, but to old to be surprised.
- ocean65: Learned friends - $OSTK has been amazingly resilient over the past few weeks. Is this a turnaround time for this hated stock.I have put out an orders to see if I can pick up JDSU( another hated stock) at the same price I it bought for($12.50) when I rode it up to $16. This could be a nice double bottom forming on JDSU.
As with many other things, each name may have its own historical reaction. Over the last few years I've worked with $OSTK - despite the huge short positions, the squeezes only last 2-4 days so that one requires being nimble.
|Stock Price||$USD 75.65|
Overstock.com, Inc. is an online retailer offering closeout and discount brand and non-brand name merchandise, including bed-and-bath goods, home d?cor, kitchenware, watches, jewelry, electronics and computers, apparel, and designer accessories.Request Video of OSTK
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 15.50 26.43%
- $USD 64.59 19.89%
- $USD 24.85 19.49%
- $USD 7.45 -34.32%
- $USD 5.95 -23.42%
- $USD 48.95 -20.99%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!