ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (:SDS)
Old Forum Content for SDSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- baronp0329: @champ , are you buying $SSO for positive reaction to the Tariff news or $SDS for further downside?
- champ: @baronp0329 $SSO $SDS --- I tried this morning but I did get stop out of 1/2 at entry...$SSO. Thats a great question ...but I was thinking that the news is in the markets...because thats why the President, was taking about this for the past few weeks ...
- baronp0329: @champ $SSO $SDS - Thanks Champ for the detailed answer. It makes a lot of sense. I've read articles that agree with your assessment that the "news" is already priced-in for most of the Steel and Aluminum stocks. Reinitiated full positions a few days ago on AA (44.23) and X (42.12). Not doing anything until I see how the market reacts to the news.
- peterpaulette: @optionswealth #Market I PREFER TO USE THE $SDS..THERE IS NO EXPIRATION DATE
- champ: @DAN $SPXU ---- $DJI dropped right thru 25,000, really fast ...when it broke thru, I went long in $SDS.
- baronp0329: @champ $SPXU $DJI $SDS @Dan, I also bought more SDS 15 minutes before close. Started with SDS yesterday before close too. Average price of 39.17. This market is too quirky...
- baronp0329: sold 3/4 of $TQQQ and $SDS bought today for a small gain. You guys have a good long weekend. Talk to y'all next Tuesday.
- baronp0329: @Alexander $SPY - Hey Alexander, got frustrated with too much volatility this morning and went to play golf. STC a lot of Puts before leaving on $QQQ, $USO, $WYNN, $JNK and $SDS to lock in some profits before the weekend. It looks like there was even more volatility while I was gone! the last I read from Minervini, he was still 100% cash.
- bigbartabs: @baronp0329 $SPY $QQQ $USO $WYNN $JNK $SDS ... are you tracking Minervini on Twitter? So you you set your puts, and then changed to putts? Good choice :)
- baronp0329: @bigbartabs $SPY $QQQ $USO $WYNN $JNK $SDS - Haha...that's a good one! Yes, I follow Minervini on Twitter along with some other Swing Traders like Dan Zanger. My first month here with Market Mentor and learning some good stuff from Dan and the members too.
- bigbartabs: @baronp0329 $SPY $QQQ $USO $WYNN $JNK $SDS ... you will like SMM a lot. I've been with SMM for probably 10 years now. I wasn't much of a trader when I started. After the last two weeks... maybe still not much of a trader :) Have a good weekend...
- champ: @woodman $DJI $JPM $WFC $PNC #indices #Political ---- Its very important, you #absolutely have to know, whats going on or you could get hit over the head, very hard and you have to be able to get up and out very fast but it will not happen fast and you will have time to cover, your re-treat.. with large ETF's like $UVXY, $SDS and others.
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH --- I have notice that but I have not spend a lot of time researching that....but the simple answer could be, that investors always think ahead of the move...and pick-out their ETF, targets before the price of Oil or N-Gas.. pr ...
- champ: $DJI @ 24,180 and the high was 24,534, down 354 points. ---- #Uncertainty is Back ---- I posted earlier, that I started taking profits, the last 2 days and I'm mostly out of the markets now. The only bank that I'm still holding is $BAC. I'm also out ...
- champ: $UVXY $SDS ---- News just dropped the markets...President Trump, just said a #Shutdown could happen...when asked, I'm reading.
- champ: @Cwaniak $DJI $FAS $IBM $NTNX $VRX #1 --- All indexes.....I have been posting on $SSO and yesterday was the sell on $SSO and the buy on $SDS and then sell $SDS on the close and then buy a small swing on $SSO and $FAS.....and I have positions in both for the open and I will either sell or add.....it all depends on which way the winds blowing.
- Cwaniak: @champ $DJI $FAS $IBM $NTNX $VRX $SSO $SDS #1 Are you swing trader?
- champ: @GOOSE $UVXY --- I'm also in and its up about a $1 off the low.....I also have $SDS this hedge and its over $0.50. Both are large positions.
- champ: $SDS $UVXY ....took profits on 90%, of both of these positions, on the close.
- DavidM: @Greendayguy I have a retirement account at FIDO as well, although mine is a 401K with a linked brokerage account. I cannot say that I recall the details as it has been a while, but FIDO made me electronically sign some kind of statement prior to allowing me to buy one of the bearish ETS, likely $SDS. It was no big deal, but it did take a little time. You may want to ask them about it and get it done in advance if you need to do it. BTW, TDAmeritrade does allow option trading in a self-directed IRA. I cannot say for sure that FIDO does not, but my 401K at FIDO does not.
- champ: $UVXY $SDS --- I added to both swing hedges RHRN.....keeping the adds tight
- champ: $DJI 23,273 --- #News on $BAC ---- It appears that the markets are still looking for direction but are holding, for now, know real drop, at this time. Sold more position, just taking profits. Still swinging both hedges $UVXY and $SDS and full risk m ...
- champ: $SDS @ $44.30....New short hedge position this morning and I'm also holding $UVXY. I'm also, taking profits on a few more positions this morning.
- champ: $SDS ....Out... flat for the day, will take a new look in the morning... and I'm swinging 1/2 of $UVXY. One reason I'm swinging is....theirs no real risk, that the markets are going to have a nice move higher, in the AH's... thats just not going to happen. My guess is, the risk is... only to the downside, for now. I don't know what type of news, could bounce the markets in the AH's, that will only happen if, the Tax Reform Bill passes....and thats down the road, for now...I'm guessing.
- champ: $SDS $UVXY ---- Getting ready to add, large Hedges...the Senate is going to release their own version of the Tax Reform Bill, could start a little fire works....all Spec positions have been dropped, for now.
- champ: $SDS is a 2 X's short on the S&P 500 ---- and the $UVXY is a market volatility short that works off of the VIX short-term Futures Index and is also a 2 X's short....very complicated and is hard to explain...you could call your broker for info. I did well this morning and re-entered with small positions and was waiting to add but with no real negative market moving news, I dropped both instantly, after the vote.
- champ: $UVXY and $SDS --- I have been in both all morning, with size and I have added ....remember its to early to buy the dip... just need to have Patiences and wait for the turn, you will know when it happens and it might not even happen today.
- champ: $UVXY ---- I'm back in @ $17.21... with a #NewPosition in the AH's RHRN.....this hedge work extremely well today but I did take profits on the turn @ $19.78....and I also sold $SDS @ $45.59....the $SDS was a much easier trade today. I dropped in both of these hedges this morning... with size, per my hedge plan that I have been posting about and they saved my day because I would have had much larger losses.
- champ: @bsafriet $IWM #market --- Traders/Investors were at work today and Small Cap did OutPerform, all the sectors today. The markets are strong for #Many reasons but Tax Reform could be the main reason for todays bounce. Increase in business tax revenue ...
- bsafriet: @champ $IWM $UVXY $SDS #market #Many #Have #Not #Trump #Opinions Txs for your comments Champ! I hope you and Washington are correct that business tax revenue will rise to offset the corporate and individual tax cuts. But, historically our governmen ...
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY $SDS $NUGT $JNUG ---- I'm thinking that gold could open down in the morning and if that happens, I will add back around 40% of my position that I sold on the close but only if and when it turns a little. I'm only carrying 20% of my position now, after selling 80% on the close. Gold has had a nice bounce over the last 4 days, of around $50. The trend has been up for a few days and then more or less flat for a day then up 2 out of 3...could have a down day tomorrow, is my guess but theirs no real way to tell at this point. However, thats my plan...
- champ: @Vehid ---- $NUGT $JNUG .....#GoldTrade --- I have posted this before, on what helps me out with the gold trade....If you pull up a monthly chart on interest rates, say the 10-Year ($TNX) and a Gold chart also for 1 month, you can see that they jus ...
- champ: $SDS @ $49.10 going to see if I can hold this position...
- champ: $SDS $UVXY ...sold both earlier.......Out.
- champ: $UVXY and $SDS helped my 4 accounts out today because I had large positions and I ended the day up a little. Also because I'm holding many energy names and that helped and I had a few Spec day trades working in that sector today also. I did sell 14 positions on the open this with profits.
- Vehid: @champ $UVXY $SDS my life saver was $NUGT today. God bless gold!
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY $SDS $NUGT ---- Yes, I was holding $JNUG and I did swing 20% of my position and I posted that info on the close. Yes, that also help me out today.... because I had a full position and my stop was at entry and it held-up all day but that was all luck. I thought that I would have to scale out, but I forgot to put my bracketed stops on.....like I said... it was just luck.
- Vehid: @champ $UVXY $SDS $NUGT $JNUG I think I will hold my position on $NUGT as long as that stupid guy in North Korea jumping around
- champ: $UVXY $40 $SDS $50.30.....back in both with size....stops at entry....but expecting zig-zags if it moves-up.....
- champ: $SDS $49 ---- I also have a full size hedge ...with stop at entry.
- champ: $UVXY and $SDS both are HOD now....but expecting zig-zags ....still holding and #Oil was also @ HOD..
- Junior1: @champ $UVXY $SDS Just got a fill higher than limit order... hmmm... usually troublesome
- champ: @Junior1 $UVXY $SDS ----I just added @ $38.30 because I'm expecting another leg down, could drop another 100 points... going into the close ...but you never know, know one does and why would anyone buy...the world markets are #Not going to buy....here goes CNBC RNRN.
- champ: @mharps $UVXY $VXX #Double ---- All depends on how it plays out going into the close....however, I might hold 30% of $UVXY and 1/2 of $SDS.....now we are getting the next leg... that I posted about ....have to see what happens....but it might turn up a little RHRN....??.
- champ: $UVXY close up about 33%...so I took the $$$$$...$SDS...Out also....because I'm now expecting a bounce in the morning and then the markets could drop.....my reason was because of what Art Cashin said on CNBC today.....but the markets could go either way in the morning....IMO....and I have #KnowClue. Theirs really no real reason to swing.... after this great move. I can always buy in the AH's....but I need to see whats going on with stocks in the AH's and $UVXY is now dropping...off to the GYM and if I make any buys after I get back, before the AH's close, I will post. The markets did have another leg down of 90 points, after my post going into the close that I was expecting. I did not sell any investment positions today, but I did take profits on $LOW.
- champ: $SPX ---- #WorldMarkets ---- Taking a look before I turn in here in California and I don't see any of the Asia/Pacific markets up....they are all down... and the Futures are All down in Europe and in the U.S.... at this time.... and it doesn't look ...
- champ: $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ....I'm holding all 3 of these hedges and I'm just waiting and watching....no real clue on if the markets are going to drop any further but so far this drop is really no big deal....with the $DJI at 21,909 at this point...but anything can happen and I'm kind of watching $APPL $AMZN and $GOOG for direction. WTI-Oil is now dropping and is now down a $1 off the high..it was over $50 this morning @ $50.20....now oil is not helping the markets
- bigbartabs: @champ $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ $DJI $APPL $AMZN $GOOG .... I wonder how North Korea's stock market is doing... if they have one. Could probably get in at an all time low.
- champ: @bigbartabs $SDS $UVXY $SQQQ $DJI $APPL $AMZN $GOOG ---- P Trump needs to go over RHRN and make a deal on a Hotel and Golf Course, that would probably solve this problem.....I'm going to send him an eMail.
- steve71: $SDS 70% cash 20% long equities 20% short via leveraged ETF. It's hard for me to imagine much buying pressure between now and the Friday close. A N. Korea screw up would have huge downside for the market, so who wants to be long over the weekend? Probably will add even more $SDS today.
- champ: $VXX $UVXY $SDS ...still holding my swing position from yesterday....for now and I added a little....on this last drop....posted yesterday.
- champ: $VXX $SDS and the 3 x"s ETF..$UVXY on that drop .....
- martyrb3: $QID $SDS. Bought calls on these yesterday to hedge. That should cause the market to go up, LOL, but nice green now.
- champ: $SPY ---- A nice surprise to see the Futures up this morning...after yesterday. I have 3 small short position that I might close-out this morning and take profits because they are down a little in the PM....I was testing the open this morning with these swing short ETF's positions...$SDS, $TZA and $LABD and it looks like I was leaning the wrong way.
- champ: $TZA @ $16.76 now $SDS @$12.70 now... these are 2 of my new short positions today and on this is another one $LABD @ $6.66 that I post about... after they canceled the #Vote and I added on the close and I'm up on all 3 for now. I covered $NVDA on the close because the stock could get a bounce on the open....I would never swing this short position #overnight.
- DavidM: I am a bit surprised that the typical hedges such as $SDS and $TWM are not seeing huge volume today, although it could certainly be because everyone has been getting ready for this for a while.
- issues: @issues $USLV Some of the bear efts are $TZA $FAZ $ERY $SPXU $SDS $SOXS $LABD $BIS $ $ZBIO
- DavidM: @Alexandra I removed mine. I also sold most remaining long positions today, added some $sds and covered my remaining longs that were not already covered.
- champ: $SPX 2,106 RHRN - $UVXY - $SDS - $JNUG ---- The $DJI is finally breaking down....taking just about everything with it. In the month of October the $DJI dropped only 175 Dow points....really not that bad.... but today it looks like this could be the start of even a bigger drop going into the elections....is my guess. Had some buyers step up to the plate here and the markets could be trying to settle down RHRN. Have to see how it plays out going into the close.....could get real bad in the coming days.....but known one really knowns at this point. WTI-Oil is holding up pretty good here....only down $0.17 @ $46.69 for now.
- issues: The market may go down even after the election. Remember how long it went down when Al Gore challenged the election with Bush? Months. Looking at BEAR efts: $SDS $QID $SH $SRTY $PSQ $RSW $TZA $SDOW $SPXS $SQQQ; fees vary but $SPXS looks cheaper
- issues: @issues $SDS $QID $SH $SRTY $PSQ $RSW $TZA $SDOW $SPXS $SQQQ My choice would be: $TZA & $SRTY up 10% in 10 days. Then $SQQQ up 5% in 10 days.
- issues: @issues $SDS $QID $SH $SRTY $PSQ $RSW $TZA $SDOW $SPXS $SQQQ As I look at these charts I do see that the best ones are at resistance. It's tempting but I can't seem to press that BUY button. Tomorrow may be the bounce. That would be the time to buy the bear etfs for the following days. I guess I will determine that tomorrow.
- mopick: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO Hit the $SDS immediately if Fed announcement for rate hike or hawkish comments? Seems like a likely bet, no?
- champ: @mopick $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO -- $SSO for me positive...and if they raise rates $BAC $GS $VXX $SDS ....I'm not thinking really thinking about Oil trades because I'm already in 6 trades but I might take profit and sell.
- champ: $SPX $VXX $SDS - $USO - WTI - Oil is holding now at $45...giving the markets a break but the main reason for this drop is all about interest rates.....as we all know. Watching $VXX RHRN for a new entry ..along with $SDS.....had great move this morning....with VXX....we should get another leg down...if not today ...maybe tomorrow. I'm only trading ETF.'s at this point....and for sure I will not be taking on any new position....unless one hits me over the head.
- mopick: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO You might check out $APC, really strong recently in the oil patch. Also, one that's been neglected on this board for a while which has been up huge for sometime is the refiner, $WNR! I'ts actually up today again.
- champ: @mopick $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO $APC $WNR - I'm day trading it off the low....
- champ: @mopick $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO $APC $WNR - Thanks...for the post. I was really under the gun ...when I received it. I had a lot of day trades working today but I'm out all now. I was in $APC in on 8/8 and posted....I have been watching APC for a week or ...
- mopick: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $USO $APC $WNR $AJL Got it, thanks! I'll pull them up individually from now on. Figured somebody was still in /out of $WNR.
- ryanj: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $LABD $DUST $QID #MyTRADING , thanks for sharing Champ! I like your thinking.
- champ: @stockrunr007 $SPX $VXX $SDS $LABD $DUST $QID - #MyTRADING STYLE on EFT's...Just keep in mind that trades in ETF's ....for the most part always work the best off of news...less Spec....thats when you get the nice moves and with less zig-zags...on new ...
- champ: @Motorman $STX $WDC - My guess is that their is NOT a lot of upside left...in the short term... unless you are going to be long term. In the short term this market is acting like it going to take a rest and fall even more going into the FOMC rate decision on 9/21....we could drop say 500 dow points or so...maybe even more....but I'm only guessing. Just a lot of uncertainty in the markets in the short term. I took profits in 14 stocks this morning and I might even sell more...? I'm also long on the open with $VXX and $SDS with very large positions....at this point but these are Spec day trades with trailing stops.
- champ: @maratom71 $JNUG - No not really....I'm watching and making a list on stocks that are Green or near Green....those could be the winners going forward....can't really play the hope trade in this kind of market.....everyone is getting hurt....except the shorts...$VXX $SDS $LABD $TZA....the markets might be just about done going down now...at least for the day...?....we should be getting close but you can really tell now that this is now about next week and going forward.....RHRN.
- champ: $VXX $SDS -- Back in both at a lower price...they just said 70% on the orders going into the close are sell orders....I think thats what I hear Cashin say....
- champ: $SPX - I took profits on 17 stock today and 75% of them were in the fist 1/2 hour this morning in a down market...as posted but I got lucky and had a nice green day by taking trades in these 4 ETF's today near the open $VXX $SDS $LABD and $DUST ....I set-up my trading plan as I do everyday in the pre-market off of news and I got lucky....it all came in. However, I did come in $VXX 3 x's with size and scaled out with 11 sells... during the day. Everyone have a Great Weekend!
- stockrunr007: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $LABD $DUST Good move today on the inverse ETF's. Tried $QID and $VXX previously but always seem to get it wrong. This certainly was the day to make it big on these ETF's. Congratulation on some good moves.
- champ: $SPX $VXX $SDS - This move this morning is off the ADP payroll # because we could finally get a rate hike in September....some are thinking and thats really no big surprise but the markets don't like... the unknown and uncertainly and that causes volatility......and opportunity. WTI-Oil dropping this morning is also not helping. I'm now Spec long $VXX and $SDS for now but with trailing stops.
- champ: $SPX $SDS $VXX - I'm now thinking this could be the turn that we have been waiting for. Looks to me like all sectors are now down ...even financials $XLF. The days of easy trading are now gone...is my guess. The markets could be giving us clues on direction...but we will have to wait and see how it plays out... over the next fews day.
- champ: #YELLEN - The agenda on the time for Yellen speech tomorrow has been released and the Time will be ...10:00 ET in the morning...per Schwab...thats what they said. Basically investors have maintained a cautious posture ahead of the speech. Yellen's remarks will also contribute to increased volatility in the overseas markets. This news will be effecting the Gold and Financial ETF's and stock trading in both sectors....along with the markets....Game On at 10:00 ET. $GDX $NUGT....$XLF $KRE $KBE $FAS and $SPY or $SDS...NP's but I'm long $BAC and posted.
- champ: $VXX and $SDS - New Spec long positions and I have risk management in play now ...selling positions and taking profits on swing trades....my guess is we could go a lot lower....and I will slowly back out of more positions if this keeps up....no panic...just risk management.
- agent99: @champ $VXX $SDS I was thinking about the same thing. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but watching closely.
- champ: $SPX $VXX $SDS $DWTI $RUSS - Once this gets rolling, I really don't know whats going to turn the $SPX back up ..other than WTI - Oil and it is LOD now at $39.32 down $0.74. I'm back in $VXX and $SDS and I'm still holding $RUSS and I'm back in $DWTI... which has now bounced $14.40 off the low.
- stevef214: @champ $SPX $VXX $SDS $DWTI $RUSS $DWTI looked to print a bullish engulfment so I got in about 2:30 or so for a trade. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
- risaac: $SDS Just bought Aug 29 16 calls of this inverse etf to hedge portfolio for month of Aug. Thought it was a good buy at .68 only .13 of time premium spent.
- mopick: @risaac $SDS Think that's a shrewd move. August is traditionally a poor month & I think most of the good news is out there and reflected in this over-priced market. Then we have the elections, OMG!
- champ: $VXX and $SDS ...OUT taking profits.
- agent99: @agent99 $UVXY Is it time to start buying inverse index ETFs like $SDS? or $UVXY? That's what I meant. I know $UVXY is not an inverse index ETF.
- maratom71: @champ $UVXY $SDS- When do You think is the best time to buy these? Thanks
- champ: @Alexandra $VXX $SDS - Don't know if it worth it or not....as of now it looks like these hedges are not going to work...this time around. The $SPX could in the beginning stages of a slow breakout and we might crawl up the ladder from here. As traders start dropping off short positions. A lot of cash on the side....that will slowly move back in if we don't turn soon. I added back 60% of $T and $VZ at lower prices today because the $XLU started moving back up. I would like to see the markets go up not down. Momentum drop off today because of oil but it's climbing in the AH's markets now. We will know more about market direction in the morning....my guess is we will be about flat....nothing big either way.
- mopick: @Alexandra $VXX $SDS I'm with you on VXX. This market is SO extended. Also, Fed meeting week after next where the chatter undoubtedly will be less dovish. VXX at mutli-year lows.
- Alexandra: @champ $DGLY my stop of 4.99 hasn't been hit. But I do regret buying it. 😞 I'm holding $VXX and $SDS until tomorrow since I've held it this long.
- champ: @Alexandra $DGLY $VXX $SDS - I'm holding a core position and also a trading position in $TASR, so I decided to take DGLY off while I still had a nice profit. It was green but turned red on a nice up-day... so I was thinking some of the current holder ...
- Alexandra: @Champ Are you still holding $VXX and $SDS?
- champ: @Alexandra $VXX $SDS - Yes, I'm still holding both hedges but the markets look to be strong at this point. It would take some type of news to turn the markets.
- Alexandra: @Champ The markets do seem strong. I guess the cost of holding $VXX and $SDS is worth it because it would suck if the market plummeted down and we didn't have it. I take it you will sell yours on Friday ?
- Alexandra: @CHAMP $VXX $SDS Should I assume you are still in these because you haven't posted anything about selling them ?
- champ: @Alexandra $VXX $SDS - Yes, I'm still holding both of these small hedge positions for now and I did not add today....both positions are flat. If the markets turn... I will add to both of these and add other ETF's. I'm just watching, waiting and hanging out. As of now I'm only in the markets 30% with 23 positions.....70% cash.
- Alexandra: @champ $VXX $SDS I'm also mostly in cash. What's the other 20 positions ? And if the markets turn down, what other ETFs will you add ?
- champ: $SDS new Spec position on the close but only 1/3 size for now at $17.25. The ATL was $17.21.
- champ: $FAZ @ $39.23 adding to Fridays swing. New positions this morning $SDS @ $17.90 $TZA @ $36.11 and $LABD @$34.06.
|Stock Price||$USD 37.38|
The investment seeks daily investment results that correspond to two times the inverse (-2x) of the daily performance of the S&P 500?. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as two times the inverse (-2x) of the daily return of the index. The index is a measure of large-cap U.S. stock market performance. It is a float-adjusted, market capitalization-weighted index of 500 U.S. operating companies and real estate investment trusts selected through a process that factors criteria such as liquidity, price, market capitalization and financial viability. It is non-diversified.Request Video of SDS
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!