E.W. Scripps Company (The) (NYSE:SSP)
Old Forum Content for SSPMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Lou: Off topic @ray - none now - though I will be looking at a Windows based laptop some time after the summer when the new Christmas lines are introduced. I have favored the Sony Vio laptops but I'm leaning towards Dell for my next one. The reason that I'm willing to wait is that $MSFT continues to tweak Win8 and the makers continue to try to catch up. I will not consider the Apple lines, in my actual experience, I did not like the way they worked with the many Windows based programs on which I rely - specifically, Fidelity ATP, Schwab $SSP and Outlook. @Lou
- Aragorn: these are the top 25 from the hotlists some solar some not ASTI(F) $YGE CSUN(F) $HSOL $STP $JASO DSLV $SOL $NM $LDK $ZSL $SSP $TSL $RSOL $CSIQ $ACRX $MCP $JKS $CLWR WHZ $DRYS $SKS $TRW $DUST DGLD
- Henry: $TNA @rczar @scorpino I have R2 at 57.42 on Worden and about the same on Schwab $SSP R3 is 59. I know different platforms have different calculation. Right now the futures are strong. @Henry long TNA
- ldouglas: StreetSmart Edge Im using $SSP with no problems
- Henry: StreetSmart Edge Edge I switched to Edge because $SSP option screen kept reseting, edge ok so far.
- activetrader1: Schwab - My $SSP is working fine. I have also been using Edge, but find myself going back to SSP. Edge is very slow. For those that use Schwab, what is your opinion of the new Edge platform?
- Henry: Edge @qball I haven't tried it on my laptop, which I am using now, so I'm guessing, but I think it's under launch tools, screener, fairly far down on the list of screens. Their Gap Up In Gap, on Edge and $SSP are great for looking for 59 min trades
- Aragorn: Some #Squeeze Candidates from @Dan's 6% Scan. Do your own $DD for what you like $MMM HHH $TWC GOOG BEXP AAPL TLX CVS $FISV WTR $HGR TXN $LINTA XLE $IBM MSFT KCI FO $XLK CPWR DTG MAN $GRA SMH $UPS FDX $AVP DE $SSP BIIB $DD PX $PH OSG $AWK SEB $ITRI TW $AMG ABT $GILD FDS $T THI $AFG AER $FAF NAT $PCP CAT $GDI TXT $CAG CTL $SEIC SPR $TROW SUI $BCE ASF $BLT AATI $CW GR $DTSI ENDP $LECO L $PCAR $TMO PIR $EWW SNE $HLF JWN $OII HP $GLF ROK $HON IFF $AYI SYK $MRK MENT $SYY ADI $BGCP DOW $DIOD CDNS $OSK TKR $UNP EOG OPNT PAYX $IYT IYE $COL LNT $INFA MIDD $TACT ADP $GD SLB QSFT $DCI RAI $MDY NSC $WR CNP $GAS
- jct98: @Henry, @Peterd, I called Schwab about my preference to specify my closed lots on $SSP and the rep said I cannot do it now but is in the process of working that in the next update. Jin
- Hedged: $AAPL - flash crash? Schwab $SSP also shows $AAPL dipping to $46.60 today. Thats 3 different sources. I have heard no mention of it on #CNBC. Anyone know what is going on? BTW where is all the new volume that was suppose to come in after labor day?
- Lou: @DAN - Fidelity/Schwab - beg to differ. I use both and like them both very much. I agree that the Schwab web based platform is inadequate for anything but account review and research but StreetSmartPro is great. It is totally configurable; charts ...
- Medlar: Stops - it's happened to me a few times. I'm with Schwab too, though I doubt they are worse than any others. I gave up on stop-market orders. I don't think there is any completely satisfactory solution. I have had some success using Schwab $SSP to set conditional orders, e.g. to sell only if the trade price is below my stop and more than 20% (say) of the average daily volume has already passed. This is a compromise which avoids opening gap down / no bidder situations but won't hang on grimly if the market is really moving down.
- Henry: propduster Actually it was $SSP print screened into paint, my account data cut out and then uploaded to flickr. Is there a better way to link a $SSP chart? @Henry
- JMaggio: @tilman: I am an $SSP user and the only charts I really use are the intraday since switching to Telechart. Everything else is Telechart platinum. I started with gold and quickly upgraded to platinum. I can't imagine not using @charting software anymore. BTW I opened an Interactive Brokers account this weekend and will be trying/switching to IB this week.
- Lou: Firefox (& Win 7)-- I haven't had any problems with Firefox today or recently. However, I too hate the constant updates. Unfortunately most of them stem from Security issues so I just grin and bear it. I too may return to IE as I already put up with $MSFT security updates. I'm beginning to think $MSFT is doing a great job at maintaining security. BTW, I very much want to upgrade my four year old Dell desktop but both Fidelity ATP and Schwab $SSP, my account interfaces to the brokerages, are still not compatible with Windows 7 and neither supports Quad Core processing, though Dual Core should be sufficient for the stuff I do. @Lou
- JMaggio: Interactive Brokers, I think trades 24hrs 5 days a week. I use Schwab Street Smart Pro and really would like to try IB. I just am used to my $SSP and don't want to split my capital to try another right now. Plus the commissions are like $1.00 per 100 shares (maybe some fine print in there), and the fastest routing in the industry.
$SSP I put myself in that position to play the #squeeze, horrible company with horrible fundamentals but technically ripe and I am expecting it to soar to about $3 (small cap and very very risky)
$DMND - reported great earnings, has a nice shor ...
- aliabassi1: Hey @Doug I don't think MEDX is a good short #squeeze, but the news has come out about their new drug and the market likes it ... it is 10% from resistance.. doesn't look broken and if it aint don't leave it right... looks good in my opinion I put my $1000 in $SSP @ 2.28 with a target of 10% that I am speculating will happen tomorrow as the short #squeeze persists 11 day short #squeeze, 10% float the company is crap but the stop looks poised to pop. Your pick is safer in my opinion but a little late in the trade
- aliabassi1: I would stay away from $SEED, it is looking like a good buy but @Tim Sykes a very popular short seller who has like a million followers has his eyes set to pound this stock. I am looking at $SSP - looking super good LINE - nice juicy #dividend I think hedge funds will suck it dry causing the stock to go up another 15% i am just guessing $BLK - I want to get more on the dips but I want to make sure the trend doesn't break
I use both $TC and Street Smart Pro. $TC is better for scanning but I like $SSP better because I don't have the platinum version of $TC and with the Gold version I don't get intraday. With $SSP I watch one minute and 15 minute ticks. On the other ...
|Stock Price||$USD 21.09|
E. W. Scripps Company is a media conglomerate with interests in television stations, newspapers, and digital local media sites.Request Video of SSP
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 24th, 2017 - 2016 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 34.81 18.33%
- $USD 15.05 13.88%
- $USD 63.50 13.83%
- $USD 8.96 -6.06%
- $USD 43.07 -4.56%
- $USD 19.00 -0.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 44,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (44,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!