Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO)
Old Forum Content for TTWOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- tilman: @Dan I own $TTWO and have since last March. It is 3% of my portfolio. It has been really good to me, up 40%. I am concerned about how to handle it as it moves further and further from the 20 and 50 dma. I consider this a long term hold but don't want to give away too much in profits.
- tilman: @tilman $TTWO i imagine i hear you saying to set stops on partial positions. perhaps 25% or 30% trailing below the low of a day or two ?
- DAN: #EARNINGS -- Note that $AKAM, $DIS $TWLO $GILD $TTWO report after the closing bell. Many more companies report, too...but these are stocks that I've covered fairly recently. (Not recommending that they be bought or sold...just reminding you that they are reporting earnings.)
- rem2088: @DAN $AKAM $DIS $TWLO $GILD $TTWO #EARNINGS Thank you for the reminder ! I thought $GILD reported Thursday.
- Bridget: $TTWO breaking out
- Bridget: $TTWO I haven't looked at this stock in awhile but it is breaking to a new high on higher than ave volume. Between $EA, $ATVI, and $TTWO. $TTWO is the one I would want to be in.
- Trixie: $TTWO good bounce from the middle of the band w volume.
- Gary: #NOTES COTD: $BIDU – shortable $SPX – Distribution. One down…two catalysts to go. We need all three to move the market. $DJI – breakdown. $DJT $COMPQX 1. $XLF – banks still working ok. Focus on the trends. And avoid hope. 2. $BAC – zig zag entry point. 3. $JPM 4. $MS 5. $GS 6. $CMA 7. $RF 8. $OIH 9. $SLB – support at 200-day MA 10. $XME 11. $FCX 12. $TCK 13. $GOOGL 14. $AMZN -- shortable Earnings: 1. $QCOM – earnings 2. $FB – earnings. Oops. 3. $FIT – dropped guidance. 4. $WYNN – to 200-day MA. Alert $90 5. $BABA – down. 6. $PAYC – broken stock. Support at $41/200dma 7. $TTWO – earnings pop to resistance. Should be taking profits. 8. $SQ– Strong earnings. Alert $12.
- jpmd349: $ttwo does this look like it may be rolling over or am I out of my mind?
- Bridget: @jpmd349 $ttwo tought to say, the lower highs and lower lows make me agree with you but the 50DMA is still holding. I would certainly be cautious here. It might just need some sideways consolidation for a bit.
- Trixie: @jpmd349 $ttwo I will ask you where you got in and what is/was your plan? This one has played very nicely off the 200m. and i think that is very relevant. I can see your reason for concern w the higher volume w/in the last wk.. I know this is one i haven't been involved w however off the 5 yr chart it has me on the i wish i was train.. I have just missed it around the 200ma.
- gwenzee: @janner0814 $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL This was most interesting. Are these stocks that you have owned? How did you find them? A scan or what?
- janner0814: Eighteen stocks with positive moves following previous volatility squeezes: $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- janner0814: @gwenzee $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL Yeah just wrote a scan that identified BB squeezes with subsequent expansion patterns..... started initially with 4903 common stocks, then did my liquidity screen to take out the cheapos, left me with numerous good candidates...... ....eye balled the first 100 for positive momo patterns. The first 100 gave me these 18 hits. #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- Trixie: $TTWO one that looks to be hammering around the 200ma will wait for a green candle before heading into it..
- SteveK: $TTWO looking nice
- Trixie: @Bridget $ATVI $EA looks close behind. $TTWO blasted off too..
- Hackberry: $TTWO Moving out now on volume.
- El_Tuito: $TTWO BTO common @25.06. Cramer says this is a good way to play gaming. My stars (MACD, RSI, & ADX) are aligned. $EA, the big dog is having a good day and hopefully (there's that word) this will follow Longer term hold however I am totally comfortable with scalping ...
- dkoran: $TTWO- Looks like a nice entry on the weekly chart. Cramer had CEO on a few weeks ago and was positive on the company as I was on Fundamentals. Might dip a toe in here but i feel that market is setting us up for more downside which would take most stocks down with it.
- Mjones1: sold 1/2 of my $ttwo position from Friday for nice profit
- dkoran: @Mjones1 $TTWO- i bought your shares
- dkoran: @Mjones1 $TTWO- as I have stated before on this board, you felt like the fox who broke off his love affair with the skunk, he hadn't had all he wanted , just all he could stand.
- pcotton: $TTWO - bouncing off the daily 200, poking above the 8, trying to break above the 30m opening range. Long.
- Mjones1: $ttwo very strong today on down market hopefully there is something to the takeover rumor
- Mjones1: Added to my $ttwo holding Something must be up since so strong today on down market
- olveoyl: $GME $SKX $TTWO moving
- rj7150: @shayne $TTWO Sold my position a couple of days ago.
- shayne: $TTWO -Up 3.95% on a bloody day, touched the upper BB and pulled back a little. First day, in the past couple of weeks, where the stock was not pushed down mid-day. Looking for some follow thru next week, even with continued despair on the street.
- shayne: $TTWO - Ran up over 4% this morning.. took half off the table... market is too sketchy to hold fully for now. $VXX/$UVXY not settling down, VIX--X closing in on 21 (just hit that price), where typical it pulls back... Probably not this time tho.
- shayne: $TTWO took out yesterday's high and is outpacing $EA today and rightly so. Would not be surprised to see $EA come back around and float another offer for $TTWO. This morning retail numbers have help these gaming software companies tremendously. Like to see more volume here tho.
- shayne: $TTWO Hanging right under the 20SMA on a weak market open. Watching for the VS to start forming after a few more trading days. Bad news flow should be done for this one. No known reason for the heavy institutional ownership to sell here.
- shayne: @Napadean Thanks for the fundies on $GSVC, but their chart is currently not looking so well. My watching $TTWO is based on holiday sales being the catalyst for a possible VS pop setup. That said, looks like a bottom my be in for them.
- shayne: $EA - gaming sector was up today. $TTWO is not up as much, but traded similarly. This seems to be a stronger than normal holiday season for video games and consoles. So, I'm keeping my eye on $AMD. This stock has been a place where long term money ...
- shayne: $TTWO -Designated down day, ripped down this morning to the 200SMA on the 15min, should be stabilized now. uptrend intact on the daily.
- rj7150: $TTWO This just keeps moving along. I sold it the day it popped on earnings. I bought it back after it traded sideways for a week. This also has fabulous fundamentals.
- shayne: @rj7150 $TTWO I'm in, big sales occurring right now for $60 software. I really like what the daily chart has printed and ,hopefully, what it's about to print in the next month.
- rj7150: $TTWO Take-Two Interactive Software I just added to my position. ROE and Revenue Growth both over 50% Low PE and PEG - I think this is a sleeper. IMO
- gtrguy: @rj7150 $TTWO Glad you like the fundamentals, but man, that is one UGLY chart. Long upper wick on a red candle today, and falling below the 200dma to boot.
- gtrguy: @rj7150 $TTWO Right, nothing wrong w/ the weekly chart. But just saying this is not a "right here, right now" moment given the daily chart, which is your action chart.
- rj7150: @gtrguy $TTWO I had set $20.80 as an add point. I am not looking at this as a day trade, more of a swing over a month or so. I can go down 5% before I bail out.
- Gochakal: $TTWO good morning, is it halted? I am not receiving quotes on my TradeMonster Platform
- joeduke430: @Gochakal $TTWO I'm geting quotes on Schwab last $23.67
- olveoyl: $TTWO $EA Both stocks having a nice day. A couple to put on watch?
- DAN: Hey @barbjim12. I typically don't publish my long term holdings because I want to avoid the "Are you still in it?" and "Why did you buy this one?" questions. I've done it before and it's a nightmare -- very difficult for me to manage because each member is different. With that said, here are some of my long term holdings: $AFL, $ANSS, $APA, $CPB, $CBL CELG, $CIEN, $COV, $CVS, $ELNK, $EMC, $EPD, $FDX, $FLS, $ICLR, $JCI, $KELYA, $MTW, $PRXL, $QCOM, $SUNE, $TTWO, $TXT, $TRN, $URI and XLNX. Most of these were bought many, many moons ago. They aren't trades. Hope that helps. (Glad to have you as a member, @barbjim12. Welcome!!). :-) @Dan
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Tuesday's close ACMP, $AFG, $AFL, $AJG, $AMP, $AUY, $BGFV, $BIDU, $BWLD, $BXP, $CACI, $CALX, $CAP, $CBG, $CBI, $CBT, $CEMP, $CLD, $CRL, $CRUS, $CVD, $CZR, $DLB, $DLR, $DWA, $EA, $EIX, $ENTR, $FEIC, $FISV, $FLEX, $GILD, $GNW, $GPRE, $HTS, $IACI, $INVN, $KIM, $LNKD, $LOCK, $LOPE, $MOVE, $MWA, $MX, $NANO, $NBIX, $NUVA, $PRXL, $QCOR, $QGEN, $RBCN, $RPXC, $RRC, $RYL, $SFLY, $SIMG, $SKT, $SM, $SONS, $SWI, $TGI, $TRLA, $TTWO, $UHS, $ULTI, $VPRT, $VRTX, $WBMD, $WNC, $WSH, $WU, $XCO, $XXIA, YELP
- career2: $TTWO Earnings after hours, anyone with an opinion?
- Tim S: $TTWO halted, news pending
- Eptake5: $TTWO Achieved the "Golden Cross" with my peepers it looks like yesterday if anyone wants to follow this like I do.
- gmb109: $TTWO - Hey $RH what do you have in mind?? I am lit up and ready for somthing !!
- Eptake5: $TTWO I am just going to watch for a while, there is a lot of red out there. I am tired of this #Greece BS since last summer~
- Poppy: Earnings - the season continues to trickle along. Here are some names I see in the forum: Notable earnings after Tuesday's close: $ATVI, $DOX, $IGT, $MDR, $MRX, $PAAS, PANL, $ROVI, $SINA, $SVM, $TTWO, $WTW @poppy
- laker99: $ATVI, $TTWO, SNDA, Retail games looking strong....releases in time for holidays
$TTWO estimates raised through 2013 on increased GTA unit sales assumptions, Sterne Agee said. Maintain Buy rating and $21 price target.
Vera Bradley estimates raised at KeyBanc
$VRA estimates increased through 2012, KeyBanc said. Well positione ...
- bullmoose: Puts - Earlier I mentioned getting out of many of my shorts this week. However, there are a few I'm also thinking about getting into, especially in the oil patch. $CRR looks like a good short candidate as it has fallen below the 50 and continues to struggle with that as resistance. I also like $DVR as a put, which is falling out of a #squeeze to the downside. I'm still holding my $BWLD puts as it struggles at the 50, but it does make me nervous. I got out of my $TTWO and APKT puts. And I'll sell some of my $UUP calls if it drops below Friday's low.
- bullmoose: APKT, $TTWO - I trimmed a couple of my puts here. I still think they have a little lower to go, but I have to leave in a half hour for an out-of-town baseball tournament and won't be around the market tomorrow. I kept some of the #options going. I also still have my $BWLD and $MSI puts going. Both of them put a scare into me today, but both are also still struggling at the 50. Today's high for $BWLD has to be my line in the sand. $LULU bear call spread is working today, but I'm leery of the low volume decline. $UUP calls continue to work as I see the $ETF on its way to 21.8-22. Have a great rest of the day everyone and a good trading day tomorrow.
Today a few of my short positions are getting hammered, but the only one that really worries me is MSI. It has moved back above the 50-day. I'm expecting $BWLD to encounter resistance at the 50-day, where I'll add to my puts. I'm expecting APKT to p ...
Other than that, I'm nervously holding onto a few of my puts. $BWLD I should have exited Friday, but as I said Friday, I didn't make it back from picking my daughter up from college in time. APKT and $MSI still look good (as puts). $TTWO still has t ...
- bullmoose: More Puts - I have buy orders in on puts on $MSI and TTWO. I missed getting them at lower prices earlier this morning. $MSI just broke below the 50-day and has some room to fall to the 20-week. $TTWO is struggling with the 50-day as resistance. It has, however, held the 20-week so far. APKT and $BWLD puts are holding ground so far today and primed to gain. $S is another put I'm looking at for a quick trade as it moves down to meet the 50-day or 20-week. It's made lower highs over the past few days. In truth, I missed the best opportunity to buy the put on Wednesday. $WLT continues to find resistance at the 20-day. I'm considering puts, but it's dropped quite a bit and the 40-week isn't much lower. $EL is another put I'm looking at, but so far it's holding the 20-week.
- bullmoose: New Short Positions - APKT, $ALTR, BWLD. I'm also looking at puts on $TTWO, $SINA (probably too late), $MSI, and $S, among others.
- bullmoose: $SINA (@Aragorn) - Agreed. I had $SINA, $BIDU, $MELI and $SOHU targeted on Monday and failed to act quickly enough. That's why I jumped fast onto APKT, $ALTR and $BWLD today. I'm already out of $CIEN, and way too early. My double could have been a triple. I'm actively looking for more. $S is interesting because it's encountering resistance at the 20. I like the $PNC trade thrown out there by @HumanGeorge. I'll be looking at $TTWO tomorrow as well. Will spend tonight trying to find more that have just broken under support. Add $ARCO to the watchlist.
- bullmoose: $TTWO - Bounce right off the 50-day EMA, as it has since March.
- bullmoose: Market (ac) - Nothing wrong with buying small in stocks that you see bouncing that are also in uptrends and hit support. $TTWO is one example I tossed out earlier. Just be careful of a morning bounce on short covering followed by a slow afternoon dribble back down. Buy as close to defined support as possible and set a stop.
Today, I trimmed more $FTR and VVUS. I also took some profits on DGP, which I plan on re-buying on a re-test of the 50. I jumped out of $GWR yesterday. I'm down to small positions in $TTWO and DAR.
I've tightened my stops on $BG, $QCOM, $OVTI and ...
- DanielR: $TZOO, $TTWO @hwyflier I've had my eye on $TZOO, just haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger in this Market environment. I did miss the trade in $TTWO this a.m.....:(
- bullmoose: $TTWO - I put in an opening order at 16.11, 3/4 of which got filled this morning, adding to the shares I already owned. There's a nice definable stop under yesterday's low.
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - @Bullmoose, I did buy the bounce in $TTWO but wait for the confirmation of the bounce and bought as soon as it cleared yesterday's high at 16.57.... I think my cost basis (for today's buy) is around 16.65 and I put my stop just below yesterday's low like you did.
Earnings: $AMAT (AC), $AZO (BO), $EXPR (AC), $MDT (BO), $SAFM (BO), $TTWO (AC), $TIVO (AC)
Edited on May 24, 2011 07:26
Edited on May 24, 2011 07:26
bullmoose: $TTWO, $VVUS and a few others - By the way, did I say it's nice to be back in the forum? Here's an update on my positions since I hadn't been posting much the past month.
$TTWO - I've already scaled out of most of my $TTWO except for a small plac ...
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - Caught a downgrade today (neutral to underperform)... it's ugly pre-market, down 2.5% or so... Wasn't expecting that with earning on monday after trading... So long earning run.
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - big spike down at the open but seems to be catching a bid. Now north of the open mark, I'd like to see if it manages to retrace all the way to yesterday's close (and go higher)
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - Well... So long for the bid. Didn't last too long and it's now trading under 17... Got my stop at 16.4.
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - Taking off this morning. Earnings on May 24. Earnings run? I know I'm in for a quick trade.
$TTWO 1 1* 3 1* 2 -20 17.10
$ASTM 1 1* 2 1* 4 1 -20 2.90
$ALKS 6 5* 9 5* 8 5 -19 ...
- Mortenzen: $PKT, $TTWO - Buying phase 3 of $PKT avg. cost 11.31, putting my stop at 10.5. Also buying $TTWO breakout with a stop at 16.4, for a short trade as earnings are on May.24. Edited on May 18, 2011 09:40 Edited on May 18, 2011 09:40
The next few are stocks I already own but have added to or am adding to: $FTR broke above a bull flag yesterday. $TTWO is another one I own that had a nice breakout yesterday. I'd look for a little pullback to add more. $VVUS continues to be a great ...
- Dannomon: $TTWO - Finally blasting out of a long volatility #squeeze.
- Jessi: $TTWO - Anyone watching the expansion.....
- Dannomon: $TTWO - With earnings coming out on the 24th and today's release of the highly acclaimed "L.A. Noire," I think this has some bite to it.
- pbergquist: $TTWO - Yep.... looks like it is going to close up on the day.... thinking of buying a starter position..... anyone else ??
- Dannomon: $TTWO - pbergquist, I was already long with gains so, I'm sitting pretty. Though I don't think I'll be adding any shares until this goes into phase 2 of this breakout (the usual pullback to test the new support). If it skips phase 2 then, oh well. I'll consider that a good problem ;-). Best of luck.
- dagdog: $TTWO - I bought into this when it tried to breakout two weeks ago and got stopped out when it broke the 50 dma. Sure am having problems "timing" these volatility expansions. In fact the last 3 expansions I've tried to buy have all cost me. Maybe I should learn to wait for the pullback...what a great move on this today. Congrats to those who had the cojones to hold. D.
- bethany: $TTWO - I am usually a taker and not much of a giver in this forum...however...check this out. Long consolidation...nice move today...earnings May 24 = earnings run?...12% short. Please correct me if I am off! Entered a starter.
- joanie: $TTWO - @bethany i think you're right on the money.
- debrup: $TTWO - @Bethany, I agree, Also the stock was in a Volatility #squeeze, broke out on 17th April, phase 2 a pull back to break out point and now phase 3.
- bethany: $TTWO - moving nicely....golf had mentioned last week (or so!) that a print above $16.60 would be constructive. Looks like we may have it!
- optionswealth: $TTWO - High in Feb of 16.75
- Poet: $TTWO - I bought the volatility #squeeze breakout and then got stopped out for yet another small loss when it corrected for 4 straight days. I'll look at it again.
- bullmoose: $GWR, $AGCO, $VVUS, $TTWO - It's time for my morning post from the train. I added back to my $GWR shares at the open today. I like the bounce it's getting off the 20-day in a steep uptrend. $KSU also looks good here. $AGCO is taking a breather so far this morning, but it's another good looking chart it came down and tested the 50-day and bounced. I bought this one Friday and yesterday. I have a buy order in on $VVUS that hasn't gotten filled yet. It never even made it back down to the 20 before turning back up. It caught a couple upgrades too. $TTWO is my fourth pick of the day. It's coming up nicely from the 20 and 50 after retesting a tight volatility #squeeze breakout. I've been accumulating this one. Have a great trading day. I can't wait to get back to spending more time here.
- Mortenzen: $TTWO -- Reposting here from yesterday's forums. Does anyone think we're going to see phase 3 of the volatility #squeeze on that one? Just wondering if I should take a stab at it...
- joanie: $TTWO - Rather than guess, set an alert for 16.38 (yesterday's high) and you'll get confirmation if it hits 16.60 which is just above Friday's high.
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - OK thanks for the advice Joanie
- Mortenzen: $TTWO - @Dan had mentioned that stock in one of his video last week. Anyone seeing phase 2 of the volatility #squeeze here and maybe beginning of phase 3?
- Eptake5: $TTWO @Dan discussed this one last night in the SS and evidently the recent run up of the stock is due to a possible takeover by $EA Sports. I found this on Yahoo Finance Message boards and here is the link. http://biz.yahoo.com/promo/mbbeta.html just type in the Ticker Symbol to your favorite stock and bingo.
- bethany: $TTWO - pushing for nice breakout!
- debrup: $TTWO is giving me a alert out of a VS
- rfbodie: $TTWO Thanks for the alert
- hondorpcv: $TTWO - I just saw that as well and got in on some May 16 calls. Earnings are not until May 24th so there is plenty of time to trade this breakout. Something must be up for this to pop mid-day. timoteo
- dr.orangejuicer: $TTWO - VS #squeeze alert. Good entry #RHRN but it could be awhile before we see a breakout. Worth setting alerts for.
|Stock Price||$USD 77.07|
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K.Request Video of TTWO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 3rd, 2017 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 17.14 34.49%
- $USD 52.24 32.67%
- $USD 13.69 25.86%
- $USD 6.25 -33.65%
- $USD 25.01 -27.21%
- $USD 47.39 -23.09%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 47,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (47,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!