VelocityShares 3X Long Natural Gas ETN linked to the S&P GSCI Natural Gas Index Excess Return (:UGAZ)
Old Forum Content for UGAZMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: @jnag698 --- $UGAZ ...For example, if you were set-up right, you would probably be in this Trade.
- champ: $UGAZ ....slowly moving higher....will it keep climbing...??....hard to know but I'm still holding for now........up around 7%
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ are you holding a position today..?....working.
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ no I am not. Tried to buy some calls on $UNG $BOIL but couldn’t. Missed opportunity! Today I am in loser side. Are you holding $UGAZ yourself?
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ $UNG $BOIL ---- Took profits on 1/2 and I'm not going to swing the other 1/2....
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ $UNG $BOIL good job. Congrats!
So, this year, sold everything second day that market opened red in January (posted here, it was end of Jan). Then I moved to $UGAZ, even though I made some mistakes in loading too early but price moved up after pull back and I sold for a good profi ...
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ $JNUG $SPXL ---- I understand......and as you know, I trade n-gas also and I'm watching $UGAZ and I was thinking Friday, was entry...but I have NP, at this time, just to busy today. LOL
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ $DGAZ $JNUG $SPXL I know. Actually I put an order to start a position in $UGAZ if falls below $51 but didn't hit. No worries, I will hit that price some day! Going to start a small position if it falls below $51. Then will load heavily if goes above $52 or falls and find a firm support somewhere!
- Vehid: EIA report shows a bullish draw of -194 on Natural Gas. As a result $DGAZ dropped a little bit and $UGAZ gained. The #weather forecast still shows that there is no sign of cold in February. EIA report: http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html Weather forecast: https://truewx.com/energy/ecmwfens/ I have reduced my position in $DGAZ and not seeing any reason to sell it for now
- Vehid: $DGAZ rally continues today as weather forecasts show a warm February. I closed all my other positions about two weeks ago as signs of weakness appeared and moved my money to $ugaz / $dgaz. No complaints so far :).
- vfr777: @Vehid $DGAZ $UGAZ Hi. Can you tell me what the report says today?
- Vehid: Hi @vfr777. Sure. EIA report will come out soone in 20 min. Expectation is to see draw about -120. Below that would keep $DGAZ going up. Above that would cause reverse in natural gas and $UGAZ reverse. http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html
- Vehid: @Vehid $DGAZ $UGAZ And the draw is -119. So not much price change to be expected
- vfr777: @Vehid $DGAZ $UGAZ Thanks!
- Vehid: $DGAZ continues to hike and $UGAZ continues to tank. EIA report tomorrow may change the trend but for now I am enjoying the ride.
- Vehid: Natural gas price dropped yesterday and today so far, $UGAZ tanked and $DGAZ jumped. EIA report (http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html) in a few minutes will be published. Any draw below 108 is bearish.
- Vehid: $UGAZ $DGAZ One strategy would be to have a buy stop 20c above for an small position in $DGAZ and add if rallies.
- Vehid: $UGAZ $DGAZ EIA shows -99Bcf which is bearish. $DGAZ gaped up and $UGAZ tanking
- Robert1965: $UGAZ up over $100.+, from close of 92.40
- Robert1965: $ugaz, $DGAZ were the inventory #'s the site is just not responding Got them
- bsafriet: $DGAZ $UGAZ $UNG @champ What was your take on the EIA natural gas draw reported today? I got whipsawed and am now have no position. Was out in the afternoon and didn’t feel comfortable holding while I was away. Looks like I might have missed an entry opportunity in $DGAZ. Still think $DGAZ is the way to play this market?
- Robert1965: $UGAZ up to $94.00 in PM then dropped to 89.75 the close
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- This Mad Dog...ran right thru the $90 target... that I posted....could be game over...but if N-Gas price holds, this would be really positive for all the big energy names....because Oil and N-Gas prices are up.
- Robert1965: $UGAZ up to $86.00
- Robert1965: $UGAZ report on inventory # at 10.30, can't find getting error on site
- Henry: @Robert1965 $UGAZ https://www.ft.com/content/95820496-0837-3b0f-b777-f080aedd09fc
- Vehid: @Henry $UGAZ draw less than expectation according to the report. Considering weather, rig count, over-supply, ... time to be in $DGAZ. I was holding through the report, adding in pull backs
- Robert1965: @Henry $UGAZ thanks
- Robert1965: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ Thanks
- Robert1965: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ thanks
- Vehid: @Robert1965 $UGAZ $DGAZ Yes I did. My position is huge. SO huge that scares me and I will take some off the table on jumps.
- Ernest: $UGAZ Bouncing off uptrending support. a buy limit at $79.19
- champ: $UGAZ ---- Slowly moving up and its now up about $8, off the low....but I'm out for now....because I have know clue on directions, you really do need a #CrystalBall on this ETF.
- issues: @champ $UGAZ #CrystalBall From a distance it looks to be in a downtrend, don't ya thunk?
- champ: @Danzguy ---- Thanks, for the info and the #EIA reported that draw on Friday and there is a lag time, that I posted about. The inventory numbers are storage numbers and there is inventory in the pipelines and retail locations that don't show-up, in t ...
- champ: $UGAZ @ $82 up over $5 and is up around $20 off the recent low....still holding. N-Gas is climbing and is now up about $.10 @ $3.188...might take out the next target of $85
- champ: $UGAZ @ $83.75 ----OUT....took profits---- $DGAZ @ $22.40 -----IN......
- Robert1965: $UGAZ up 13.25% low $71.10 high $77.77
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ up again in PM are you looking at this for trade today
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- Don't know at this point, I haven't done the weather research...yet.. and I missed entry on Friday and then again yesterday...too busy...because I'm still fully invested in the markets.....and I'm focus on $AMZN, going into Day 6....with oversize day trades...around my core position daily...I'm still on this daily trading plan and doing extremely well...no real time.
- champ: $UGAZ @ $66.25 ...making a move now....back-in near the low..@ $63.62
- champ: $UGAZ ----OUT....2/3 new the high
- Robert1965: $UGAZ up TO NEW HD
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ --- N-Gas bounced
- champ: $UGAZ up over 9% @ $68.60
- champ: $UGAZ up 15% -----OUT.....taking the $$$$
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ out at 72., in 67.27 , looking to reload
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- I'm going to give it a rest... but $LABU @ $85..-up 8.4%is HOD and looks like it might run into the close...Health Conference is moving this ETF.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ $LABU Thanks for tip
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ $LABU .... could be to late...???
- issues: @Robert1965 $UGAZ the chart looks like dropped ball with bounces but the bounces has lower highs, then lower...and lower
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ when buy near the low of day, what do you look at to make your entry, example $UGAZ, I am usually $1.00 to $1.50 late
- champ: @issues $UGAZ ---- This is for Traders....only....its all about #Volatility and thats how traders make $$$$....I really like these trades....but you have to be ready with charts and know how to trade these type of ETF's, that could be zig-zagging really fast.... I entered the trade with size... on the low, when it was only slowly moving but my exit was with 4 trades and I had 4 selling widows open, all with equal amounts.
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- On these type of trades....I never get in on the low and you can't really get out on the high either and if you do, its just luck....if you are getting in between 1-$2, that good IMO....I got in on the second turn, off the low @ 11:45... on that largest volume spike of the day and it was not on the low....it was @ $65.44.
- issues: @champ $UGAZ #Volatility ok thank you Champ!!
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ So are you looking at a volume spike off the low, I attempted to buy at that time, but missed, did you use a market order, I kept chasing it
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ --- I always use a market order because if you miss it cost too much and I never take any positions, when a stock or ETF is dropping...#never.
- Robert1965: $UGAZ took off @7:42am $75.00 to 79.50 @8:33 what happened
- champ: $UGAZ @ $76 ----- Could get a move higher here, don't really know....but I'm in near the low, this morning @ $74.87 and I'm holding, for now.....but I have a trailing stop....no clue on direction....Spec trade.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ On this dip in at 74.50 at 11:57
- Robert1965: @Robert1965 $UGAZ got stopped out at 74.17
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ --- Yes, I also sold on the turn...but I like this drop.
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- Unwinding....don't know what took them so long.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ, what happened, can't find any news on the weather
- Vehid: @Robert1965 $UGAZ weather getting better, draw was not much and production is high
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ --- Hard to know but I think speculators, started selling contracts. I'm in near the low @ $64.75 ....but I will probably get stop out....I'm in the casino now.
- rck89: @champ $UGAZ And the nat gas inventory numbers earlier today did not help (not much of a drawdown). So I'm going to leave this etf alone! Thanks.
- champ: @rck89 $UGAZ --- The big news on inventory, is not really about this week, its next weeks number, that will or could move the markets because the retail suppliers have to draw down their supplies, before you get the effect.. from this current cold we ...
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ where did you get stopped out on the big drop
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- I had a trailing stop, but I sold $75.60, before my stop....this ETF was moving really fast....I'm also out 1/2 on this last trade on the high turn.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ what method or what did watch to get in near the low +of the day
- champ: $GWPH $CTL $DRN $LABU $UAL $CPA ...I took profits on these positions over the last few days and I also took profits on this trade Day Trade $UGAZ going into the close, will look at this trade again in the morning. I had 2 trades on this position today and made a few $$$$.
- spmeyers: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ #map #Patiences agree abt long term and short term
- spmeyers: @champ $UGAZ $DGAZ #CrystalBall you may be right; I ain't betting on DGAZ until I see the buyers step in. Waiting for silver to turn south has taught me to be patient.
- champ: $UGAZ----OUT.....Day 7 ....took the $$$ on the open--- but I will watching
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ holding $DGAZ and watching it :) will add on any pull back
- rck89: $UGAZ - Will someone please tell me how to trade this etf? It's been roaring! I know its weather related, but what weather resources (or reports) do you use in your trading regime? Aren't there government weather forecasts that determine longer term weather outlooks? What to do? Thanks.
- champ: $UGAZ ....trying to move thru my $80 target...maybe $90 ...by the end of the week...but know one, can know about that, at this time.
- Robert1965: @champ $UGAZ I sold 1/2 at $80.30 in PM looking to add today, looking at 74. to 75, are you looking to add
- champ: @Robert1965 $UGAZ ---- This is Day 5 ...for me on my Swing Position...I'm a hold for now but I added on that drop this morning....watching and I'm still looking at my next target of $85 and then $90 but I will be watching...I might take 1/2 off ...at some point......Good Luck!
- champ: $CRZO up 4.50% ...actually this position is OutPerforming....but this is the big winner today $UGAZ and I'm still hold both
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH --- I have notice that but I have not spend a lot of time researching that....but the simple answer could be, that investors always think ahead of the move...and pick-out their ETF, targets before the price of Oil or N-Gas.. pr ...
- champ: @Robert1965 $CENX --- You know all good moves fall back, just like $UGAZ and you have to have confidence, in your investment or your trade or you will not be able to hold...thats where Research plays a big part....I have confidence in these trades .. ...
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY #Hurricane ... yes, I'm a big holder of x3 ETFs. Currently I have full positions of $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $TNA $SOXL $TECL ... half positions in $LABU $GUSH... and overall 147% in with my trading account. I'm not currently in (or misssed) $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF. I've been using these for almost a decade now (or since they debuted). Those that correlate close with their x1 ETF equivalents... I especially like. I'm hoping the volumes continue to rise with x3 ETFs... since many are pretty low volume, and are more management time intensive to hold.
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- Yes, management time, is a real problem, just a lot of work but it pays off in a really big way....I will not swing any margin, that for sure....do you..? Day trades are free...as you know....I will be 100% invested on the close...I think I'm at around 130%...for now.
- bigbartabs: @champ $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ... actually my management time is low, except for those x3 ETFs that are lower volume, and c ...
- champ: @bigbartabs $OIH $GUSH $UGAZ $XRT $Sand $USO $XME $TNA $VIX $UVXY $UDOW $SPXL $TQQQ $SOXL $TECL $LABU $EDC $FAS $CURE $DFEN $RETL $ERX $NUGT $DRN $TMF #Hurricane ---- You buy on significant pull backs. Yes, I also buy when others are selling and in many cases I also sell when others are buying or chasing but I do trade chase, with many day trades, with stop, right around entry and most of the time I never swing more than 1/2 of a chase trade...but I have already have put in the research time or I will not chase because... I have to know why I'm chasing.
- Vehid: @champ are you holding $UGAZ?
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ --- I'm still holding my same swing Core position, no real reasons to sell and tomorrow will be Day 6, on this position, for me.. However, I added near the low today and sold...I took profits on that trading position.
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ The weather forecast is a little bit leaning toward a warmer weather coming week. Total HDD's decreased from 88.04 to 59.83 now. https://truewx.com/energy/ecmwfens/ worth watching
- spmeyers: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ is at bottom of its channel; today may have been the blowoff
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ ---- Yes, it could be but as long as its cold, the heaters will be running. The important part of the weather #map, is the number of people, that will be in the cold weather and today thats around 80% of the U.S.. In California, I have b ...
- champ: @spmeyers $UGAZ @ $79... $DGAZ ---- You could say that about $UGAZ, a few days ago and the High on January, around a year ago, was around $700. I don't have a #CrystalBall but the risk in this trade, is missing the bounce, to the upside and their is down side risk, in every trade and if you think N-Gas is going lower, in the short term, in the winter, the odds are against you, in the short term... for sure....but I'm only guessing. However, this ETF, will zig-zag all over the place because traders are trading, every little move, just like they did today and the price of N-Gas is also moving around... a little.
- Vehid: @champ $UGAZ #map #Patiences fair enough. I think long term NG is bearish because of production but short term it was bullish up to today not sure about tomorrow. The problem with $UGAZ and $DGAZ is volatility. In one week you may gain 200% or lose 50%. Stops are not working either as you end up just losing money. Anyway as @bRobert said, it is hard money.
- Vehid: @spmeyers $UGAZ $DGAZ Yes weekly chart shows it clearly
- champ: @Vehid $UGAZ $DGAZ #map #Patiences --- Thats fine but the weather is not going to change, all that much over night but their might be more traders in this ETF, than investors like myself and that could make a difference. For now, I have room.. because of my entry, was low and I'm up about $30 on this core position, for now. I'm also up on my trading positions and that I have been trading ...always remember, its not hard to do both. Some might say its hard money but nothing hard about this position, its only hard for traders or the ones who are not or maybe I should say.... not very good at trading....OK ...I'm off to the Gym.
- champ: $UGAZ @ $72.75 --- N-Gas futures are strong, right out of.. the gate and contract volume is also climbing, very fast.....and is on the move, already at 10,650 RHRN. N-gas is up over $0.13..up 4.3% @ $3.08...very strong as expected and I posted. I wis ...
- champ: $UGAZ $72.75 ---- #UpDate My #EnergySectorPositions ---- The price of N-Gas will continue its bounce and the markets could see 3.10 - $3.20, as soon as next week. N-gas bounced thru $3.20 twice in November, in much warmer weather, that was actually w ...
- Robert1965: $UGAZ sold 1/2 of the 58.37, at $74. in PM
|Stock Price||$USD 67.50|
The investment seeks to replicate, net of expenses, three times the performance of the S&P GSCI Natural Gas Index ER. The index comprises futures contracts on a single commodity and is calculated according to the methodology of the S&P GSCI Index.Request Video of UGAZ
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 57,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (57,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!