Urban Outfitters Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN)
Old Forum Content for URBNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Junior1: from twitter 7 minutes ago: Mark Minervini @markminervini " $URBN - attempting to emerge from 8-week double bottom - buyable here - I have a position"
- CHOFF: @Junior1 $URBN - what's his purpose in posting a stock pick like this? He reserves the vast majority of picks for his private access. I wonder about those he promotes publically. Is he pumping and dumping on picks like these?
- Junior1: @CHOFF $URBN Maybe it's his version of "Chart of the Day". Recruiting? Years ago I found SMM through @DAN 's 3-Stocks-I-Saw videos.
- mgoodw: @CHOFF $URBN maybe trying to get new clients when the trade works out? Kind of like Dans free video of the day?
- success: @mgoodw $URBN maybe he reads IBD . . this was a Swingtrader idea from them a couple of weeks ago and it is moving again
- Junior1: @mgoodw $URBN Great minds think alike! ;- )
- bsnceo: @CHOFF $URBN I like to see critical thinking skills in action
- mgoodw: @success $URBN I'm pretty new, what is IBD?
- zman: @mgoodw $URBN Investors Business Daily. Check it out online. Great resource
- CHOFF: @Junior1 $URBN - could be.....honestly, I like the guy and value his strategy but his consistent self promotion gives me the feeling of being hustled a bit. Maybe it's just the scrappy New Yorker in him.
- spmeyers: @Junior1 $URBN surprised he's pushing it because it doesn't meet his usual criteria for strong volume on breakout
- mgoodw: @CHOFF $URBN same sentiment
- mgoodw: @spmeyers $URBN I noticed that also and someone else on his feed pointed out the stock is just under the trend line. Wonder if he thinks the fed meeting may influence the price action later today.
- mgoodw: @mgoodw $URBN thanks everyone!
- Junior1: @spmeyers $URBN That's what compelled me to post this. I thought it odd as he professes to never make a bad entry
- mgoodw: $URBN starting to move again
- CHOFF: @spmeyers $URBN - the chart is compelling enough for him. It's breaking out of consolidation to new highs. He may be buying light ahead of the volume he's anticipating with a tight stop. He did say the trade was for "aggressive traders."
- spmeyers: $URBN breaking higher; 20% short
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $URBN Urban Outfitters Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=URBN&clip=94354
9. $URBN – coming out of squeeze. Likely moving higher? But earnings on Monday! Alert $28.10
10. $ETFC – Watch $44.50
- Iceman: $URBN #ShortPuts – Bought to close URBN Dec 15 2017 18.0 Puts @ 0.05. Out of this one a month early Originally sold in May at 1.25 and again at 1.45
- Iceman: $URBN #ShortPuts – Bought to close 1 URBN Sep 15 2017 20.0 Put @ 0.05. It won’t trade any lower. Originally sold on 03/08/2017 at 1.20.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $URBN Urban Outfitters Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=URBN&clip=90942
- Dan1946: $URBN > what does the group think about this stock, down 2% today?
- Bridget: @Dan1946 $URBN till holding above $21. I think this is promising.
- Bridget: $URBN now above the earnings high.
Forexpro: Re: $URBN
Good Morning, Friends,
Another prominent loser this morning is $URBN, which produced a subpar earnings report and gloomy guidance (e.g. gross margins could decrease, Anthropologie apparel sales likely to remain difficult). No position, an ...
- gwenzee: @janner0814 $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL This was most interesting. Are these stocks that you have owned? How did you find them? A scan or what?
- janner0814: Eighteen stocks with positive moves following previous volatility squeezes: $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- janner0814: @gwenzee $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL Yeah just wrote a scan that identified BB squeezes with subsequent expansion patterns..... started initially with 4903 common stocks, then did my liquidity screen to take out the cheapos, left me with numerous good candidates...... ....eye balled the first 100 for positive momo patterns. The first 100 gave me these 18 hits. #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- judysteiner: $URBN gap up on news and going
$URBN Urban Outfitters ... 19.65 -13.32%
$CRK Comstock Resource... 2.35 -11.99%
$AVXL Anavex Life Scien... 3.77 -10.66%
$ANGI Angie"s List Inc.... 8.98 -8.65%
$MYOS Myos Corp 2.47 -8.52%
$CLVS Clovis Oncology I... 28.10 -7.08%
$BOJA Bojangles& ...
- Iceman: #Economy #Retail #BlueChristmas - these stocks are telling you that the hype about a recovering economy/consumer is so much BS. These stocks are a #FallingKnife but they may recover and/or stabilize in the long term. I'd give them at least 6 months to bottom and turn around. See the Oils about this time last year as an example. $FOSL $GME $JWN $ROST $DLTR $KSS $URBN $KORS $TJX $BBY $BBBY $UA $DG $TSCO $GPS
- issues: @Iceman $FOSL $GME $JWN $ROST $DLTR $KSS $URBN $KORS $TJX $BBY $BBBY $UA $DG $TSCO $GPS #Economy #Retail #BlueChristmas #FallingKnife You may be right Iceman.
$CVX $FLR $HBI $LEG $LNC $LRCX $MU $MUR $NOV $NSC $RIG(w/o r/e: 8/5) $URBN $XOM $XYL $YHOO
Finally, the Special What to Do? $ZTS, potential "J" hook/Inverse HS/Cup&Handle Breakout. R/E: 8/4/15 Tuesday!
- Iceman: $URBN #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Bought to close URBN Jun 19 2015 26.0 Puts @ 0.05. These have reached minimum value 95 days prior to expiration. I am now completely out of this name. Originally sold 11/14/14 at 1.15 and 1.50. The stock must have been falling really hard that day.
- RON: Watchlist Outperformers $AMBA $FSLA $TRIP 22% $URBN $TRN $XBI 15% Monthly -- $AMBA $TRN $DVA $REGN are excellent strength in all RS Scans Today Week & Month
- Iceman: $URBN #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Bought to close URBN Jun 19 2015 25.0 Put @ 0.05. This has reached minimum value 101 days before expiration. Originally sold at 11/14/14 @ 1.30.
- RON: $URBN is holding up 8 stocks up out of the 148 I watch $HABT using the Hourly chat for more information West Coast Hamburgers always buzy No $SHAK here
- SADL: $URBN setting up for a day trade, out of tight BB with volume
- issues: $URBN reports after bell tonight. I don't like the chart. NP
- BartonGee: $URBN Any thoughts on earnings. It's retail and reports on Monday.
- TG2000: Retailers on the move: $ANF 10% $ARO 7% $TGT 7% $FIVE 6.5% $BONT 5% $TCS (I own) 4.5% $M 4% $DKS 3% $KSS 3% $URBN 3% $FINL 3%
$URBN - 38.58 is the 8ema it needs to regain that setting and alert BOP says under distribution
WPRT- nope inside day and down the 50 is resistance and the 8 was not support this is going lower before it moves up IMHO
$WTW - setting up for th ...
$URBN - Cost basis $38.22. Profit target $42. Entered close to the low stop so I could afford a larger position on this stock since even with a stop out, my max loss is fairly limited.
$WPRT - Cost basis $27.81. Profit target $32.50. Entered ...
$URBN Dec 36 calls are seeing interest with modest strength in the underlying stock ahead of earnings next week Nov 19 after the close (volume: 3680, open int: 500, implied vol: ~45%, prev day implied vol: 41%
Notable Call Activity followin ...
- scgaryinv: $ALXN FOSL $NTES This is what I am long going into Monday morning, I had an awesome winner in hain this past week. my biggest $ winner on the Year ! Also made out like a bandit on $URBN and WSM.
- nasada: GES... big move like $URBN made yesterday, except in the opposite direction...down 15% on poor earnings...
- scgaryinv: $URBN I am still long URBN. It is trying to break through 37.00. If it can ? ? ? holly rollers will it go I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE !!! Is anyone out there in this trade ???
- scgaryinv: $URBN @scorpino What a nice trade to jump into after hours long at 33.20, 33.50, 34.40. large beat this will be higher tomorrow !!
- scgaryinv: $URBN sold part at 35.16. that will help me recover from a horrible day today.
- scgaryinv: $URBN Did any one jump into $URBN in after hours? it's still going higher at 36.55 now.
- scgaryinv: $URBN @scorpino Buy just a little and hold it over night. they blew away the numbers big time. call me if you like
- scgaryinv: $URBN @markor01 @scorpino Read The Earnings they beat on all metrics excepts same store sales were down only 1% which obviously they do not care about. Good luck. I am dangerously long overnight.
- scgaryinv: $URBN $NDSN @markor01 You might want to take a look at NDSN? i got long $NDSN @ 63.00 and it is a very risky trade !!!! One of those you just never know what it will do tomorrow trades. Sometimes they really pop higher !!! and some times not so much. I took a very small position it it as well. I hope we do great tomorrow in URBN. I am expecting we will.
- debrup: Squeezes : $TRX BBT $DDR WFC $LNG MOS $URBN TRAK $KERX WES $VLCCF CLMT AMJ BRKB $HR CETV $CYBX PSLV $XCO AUMN $LORL Some names that came out of my Volatility scans this weekend. I hope there is something useful in there. Have a great weekend!
Urban Outfitters numbers increased at Nomura
May 22, 2012 | 7:37 AM EDT
$URBN estimates were raised through 2013, Nomura said. Company is seeing better square footage growth. Neutral rating and new $29 price target.
Urban Outfitters estimates lowered at $UBS
$URBN estimates lowered through 2014, $UBS said. Management changes will take time to gel. Neutral rating.
Urban Outfitters estimates cut at Credit Suisse
$URBN estimates were reduced ...
Urban Outfitters upgraded at $BMO
$URBN was upgraded to Outperform, $BMO Capital said. $36 price target. Visibility is improving for the second half of the year and 2013.
$URS upgraded at Baird
$URS was upgraded from Neutral to Ou ...
One can see a similar weeks effect after they were brought down and were almost immediate buying opportunities: $GOOG AMZN $RVBD JNPR $URBN TIF LIZ CMG $ZNGA MAS, now $GILD ?? Or is a strong market just sucking the beat downs up with it ? That sai ...
- MSL: $CLF, love the price action today. These stocks that get beat down by earnings eventually reverse from what I have been seeing day1, day2, day 3 after they are brought down. Footnote $URBN TIF $MAS AMZN LIZ CMG $JNPR RVBD GOOG.
Urban Outfitters upgraded at Janney
$URBN was upgraded from Neutral to Buy, Janney Montgomery said. $31 price target. New management will focus on inventory and merchandising.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals downgraded at Goldman
$VRTX wa ...
Urabn Outfitters upgraded at Wedbush
$URBN was upgraded from Underperform to Neutral, Wedbush said. Valuation call, based on a $25 price target.
Wesco upgraded at Baird
$WCC was upgraded to Outperform, @Robert Baird said. $69 price ...
- MSL: 59ers, $URBN, DLA. Watch the vol. on $DLA, sort of thin. http://www.#cnbc.com/id/45950288 http://www.#cnbc.com/id/45947604
- jasper: $URBN - 16.55% short interest as of 12-15-11 - my most current number. Shorts may declare victory and cover which could help provide a pop? Or not?
- MartySS: $URBN - Took a little $URBN with a stop under this mornings low.
Shares of $URBN now seen reaching $31, according to @Morgan Stanley. Company is facing increased inventory concerns. Overweight rating.
Urban Outfitters estimates, target lowered at Oppenheimer
Shares of $URBN now seen reaching $35, according ...
$URBN estimates were reduced through 2012, Jefferies said. Fundamentals should continue to deteriorate in the coming quarters. Underperform rating and new $19 price target.
Valero estimates increased at Oppenheimer
$VLO estimates were raised th ...
- vze2n77d: $URBN - Down in pre-market post earnings.
$URBN estimates were cut through 2013, Goldman Sachs said. $31 price target. Lower sales are weighing on margins.
@Wendy's estimates, target increased at $BMO
Shares of $WEN now seen reaching $6, according to $BMO Capital Markets. Estimates al ...
- taylor: Markets: A change in market tone - retailers finally falling? I missed Friday's action because I was driving to $NYC for a long weekend. I was disappointed in the market's performance. Closing Below 50-day EMA on Friday alone: NYSE=142 Stocks NASDAQ=96 Stocks The list of those stocks also falling below near term support by dropping out of their recent trading ranges (at least by my eyeballing of the charts): Anntaylor Stores ( $ANN ) Penney (J.C.) ( $JCP ) Allstate Corp ( $ALL ) ST. Jude Medical ( $STJ ) V.F. Corp ( $VFC ) Phillips-Van Heusen ( $PVH ) $PEP Boys - @Manny @Moe & Jack ( $PBY ) Aruba Networks ( $ARUN ) Urban Outfitters ( $URBN ) Autodesk Inc ( $ADSK ) O'Reilly Automotive ( $ORLY ) CHILDRENS PL RETAIL STORES INC COM ( $PLCE )
The retail sector (RLX) gapped down at the open Monday after reports by $LOW and $JCP before the market. $JCP beat estimates and $LOW gapped down on a $.02 miss. $URBN also missed by about $.02 after Monday close, but is up in the after market. The ...
$URBN was downgraded from Hold to Underperform, Jefferies said. Sudden departure of brand President could set the company even further back on its turnaround strategy. $25 price target.
Back to Top
Chesapeake Energy es ...
- CallaLilly: Retail Stores ... I've read about seven of these articles in the last two weeks in $WWD about costs rising and not able to pass on to the retail customer. $URBN had this issue and this paragraph is about H&M, fast fashion is getting hit so hard ... "Gross margin fell to 57.8 percent of sales during the period from 61.9 percent a year earlier, negatively impacted by accelerating cost inflation in the sourcing markets, a reduction in spare capacity among manufacturers, higher transportation costs and a negative U.S. dollar effect."
I'm trying to learn the entries and the exits part. Looks like I started SMM at a bad time, just prior to this period of high volatility, so I can't seem to get a good entry, because I just don't get to hold it w/o getting stopped out, so I can ride ...
- jkricha: $URBN - We had a failure to communicate. I wanted vanilla and she wanted chocolate! She won! Again!
I think the point of this, apart from the obvious issue for retailers which we heard from $URBN - who did magnificently well considering blizzards - of lowered margins because not every cost will be passed on - is that in a churning less forgiving m ...
- kprice7: First time post: Based on @DAN's Strategy Session last night, I entered low risk positions on $NFLX and $URBN at today's open. I am following his opinion that they will experience an Oversold Bounce. @DAN didn't mention what to look for as an EXIT on these trades, what do you think?
- fuzzball: $URBN - 59 min trade? Down big in pre market.
- imortalz: $URBN I'm in for a 59'er. 33? stop 32.77???? Lock and loaded.
- -Greg-: $URBN - Question for the forum-- How do others prefer to play a potential price action bounce on these types of moves? #Options or buying the stock??
- bake58: $URBN - 59 min trade. @fuzzball, I purchased the 59 min workshop about a month ago and see there is great potential for this type of trading. I was wondering if there is a place where fellow 59 minute traders can go and discuss ideas, trades etc. to sharpen skills ?
- dr.orangejuicer: $URBN - This stock sold off hard on the intital earnings release, sold off twice after in the after-hours session, and has now a third time this morning. No sign of life in this one; I'd look to short the morning high if I had to do something (will be avoiding, however). @Karen Finerman commented last night that the miss was substantial enough to question the sustainability of past growth, thereby leading to multiple contraction. See: $EQIX in October.
- nasada: URBN...lets see where $URBN is trading 10-15 minutes into the day, what the overall market is doing, and then post our opinions and trades in the thread. FYI and IMHO...we are not entitled to make $ just because we've spotted a pattern. It could, gap and bounce or gap and crap or be in a new trading range: all are possibilities.
- bxshin: $URBN - #Options don't trade pre-market. All these traders that are buying now are buying stock and riding it up.
- -Greg-: $URBN - I know that #options cannot be traded pre-market. I mean when the market opens, do people prefer common or use #options as a more (bang for your buck).
- -Greg-: $URBN - bxshin, vitaly077 -- Thanks for your input, really appreciate the response.
- CallaLilly: $URBN - someday an analyst will poke up and say stop the selling, the performance with the blizzards and new businesses was extraordinary - continuing double digit growth. Maybe not #RHRN.
- rbrown2222: $URBN I watched it at opening based on bad earnings and sales. No 59 min trade to make. Went down and stayed down.
- fuzzball: $URBN - gave it a shot....small loss. Things do sound ugly there.
$URBN is having earnings and (chased out during a bear attack) is doing everything right with its mix of divisions and brilliant catalogs and online. Yes, bridal too.
$ANN is a sleeper and getting a bit of fashion press.
Kind of waiting for g ...
- vze2n77d: $XRT - Retailers came out with better than expected sales. Some of my favorites are $RUE, $BODY, $ARO, $BKE, $UA, $URBN, $TIF, . A turn around play may be TLB.
Can't talk about $URBN ever again since I was suckered out on a bear raid like a first day trader: huge personal fail (I guess, suddenly I thought of snow). $SKS is really interesting, want back in:http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SKS&p=D&b=5&g=0&id ...
- tradethebull: $URBN - Upgrade has given this a nice boost. CallaLilly hope you are back in by now. Long, short Puts.
- CallaLilly: $URBN, congratulations. Alas, there was an evil bear raid driving my calls from .50 to .20 at which I did the inevitable thing of panicking.
- tradethebull: $URBN - This was a nice move today so I closed my position with a nice gain. If those bears move in again I'll start a new position. Thanks CallaLilly for the original reminder of this old friend.
- tradethebull: $URBN - CallaLilly, your favorite retail having a great move today. Yesterday it gave back most of the gain but it looks like its holding today. Long, by #shorting Puts.
- CallaLilly: $URBN - I was shaken out a few days ago in calls that dropped so quickly ...
- CallaLilly: the Weather. Seriously it's been blizzard and storm (well, not here in Venice) and worldwide. It just doesn't end and I'm thinking, noticing that my real favorite underdog $URBN is being held captive below 34.00 (long way too many red calls and finally realizing oops, weather - it has a major online site for its businesses so shouldn't effect it but who knows). So retail, restaurants ... what else will be negatively impacted by way too much snow?
|Stock Price||$USD 42.19|
Urban Outfitters, inc., is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and Terrain brands. It also operates a wholesale segment.Request Video of URBN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 14th, 2018 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 31.17 37.84%
- $USD 140.58 33.04%
- $USD 15.25 29.10%
- $USD 44.29 -21.02%
- $USD 6.39 -14.40%
- $USD 21.47 -13.61%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!