ProShares Trust Ultra VIX Short Term Futures (:UVXY)
Old Forum Content for UVXYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: @Junior1 $TNA --- Why was it a #DumbTradingTactic you asked...? I have a little time now because it is still raining in my location, for the second weekend in a row. On your post you asked me to Explain to you...but you must know what the answer is b ...
- Junior1: @GOOSE $UVXY Goose, this got me looking. But the numbers I see are very different than these. rhrn: 3.16.18 18.0 Calls @ 0.12 3.23.16 16.0 Calls @ 1.14
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY 3/24/18 STO 18.0 CALLS @.47 Delta .24 $UVXY 3/16/18 STO 16.0 CALLS @.31 Delta .26 Edited to switch expiration dates.
- Junior1: $UVXY BTC 16 Mar 18 30.0 Calls @ .05 Not worth hanging on for another week for a nickel. Originally sold for 1.00
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 3/9/18 18.5 CALLS @.50
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Hadda do sumpin'. $UVXY STO 3/9/18 18.0 CALLS @1.87 A rollout of my 18.0 Calls expiring today. Haven't BTC them yet. Who nose, maybe they'll expire. Oh knows! ;>)
- Vehid: $UVXY flying
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 3/2/18 18.0 CALLS @.40 Expires Friday. Delta .24
- Junior1: @GOOSE $UVXY #bythenumbers I took @DAN 's advice and went through all of my trades with this... I've made a decent amount, but a lot of trades... so many so, that the commissions add up to over 10% of the gains... omg!
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $UVXY #bythenumbers Hey, your commissions may be to high. Negotiate for a lower rate. 99% of my trading is STO Options, my cost is .50 an option with Think of Swim. No trade cost. Good Luck.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $UVXY #bythenumbers hmmm. Just called them, the rep says there's no such thing as No trade cost. But I got a bunch of free trades and a submitted request for lower costs. Thanks @GOOSE , hope you're thriving!
- Lavrock: @Junior1 $UVXY #bythenumbers I also pay $0.50 at TOS with no ticket charges.
- Junior1: @Lavrock $UVXY #bythenumbers To be clear, you mean $0 for the trade and $0.50/contract?
- Danzguy: @Lavrock $UVXY #bythenumbers How did you get that (are you a heavy trader?)? Those tightwads won't even talk about such numbers to me. That's why I'm moving on to Interactive Brokers (but still charting on TOS).
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/23/18 15.5 PUTS @.35 Seldom do the $UVXY Puts. But, only 3 days to expiration. What can happen, huh. ;>) Got short calls for a little protection though. PUTS, risky.
- GOOSE: $UVXY $16.60-18.04 In the last 1/2 hour.
- GOOSE: $UVXY TDA just called, I have to buy $UVXY stock to neutralize my short stock position, that I was assigned, (?), Friday. Stand to lose .40 at current price. They have no stock to borrow.
- GOOSE: $UVXY SPIKED
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/23/18 21.0 CALLS @.49 Shortened week, Setting up some trades. dELTA .21 EDIT
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $UVXY Hi Junior1, I have $UVXY short call positions 99% of the time. SO FAR, never had a problem that I couldn't smooth over. If you have bought $SVXY stock to protect your calls in the past, how does it work out? I am always leery of the stock, because as you know, it deflates over time. Thanks, GOOSE Can answer over the weekend if you have the time.EDITED
- GOOSE: LAST TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/23/18 16.0 CALLS @1.43 Speculative, Peligro
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 2/16/18 $GOOS 2/16/18 30.0 PUTS EXPIRED $SVXY 2/16/18 12.0 PUTS " " $GOOS 2/16/18 29.50 PUTS " " $UVXY 2/16/18 22.50 CALLS " " $GOOS 2/16/18 34.0 PUTS " " Closed @ 34.0 $UVXY 2/16/18 16.0 CALLS ASSIGNED AWAY $SVXY 2/16/18 12.0 CALLS ASSIGNED AWAY
- GOOSE: A silly-me TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/16/18 16.0 (ATM) CALLS @.75 Watching closely. ;>)
- mgoodw: @GOOSE $UVXY trying to understand - so you think uvxy will fall below 16 and no one will take those shares, correct?
- GOOSE: @mgoodw $UVXY Yah, that's the idea. It's very speculative though. I got .75 in premium, so if it goes to 16.75, I'm still flat. It expires tomorrow, so all the time premium will be used up, not that there was much of that in the first place.
- bsafriet: $UVXY Opened a new position premkt
- Robert1965: @bsafriet $UVXY where did you get in
- bsafriet: @Robert1965 $UVXY 21.73 and 21.35
- mgoodw: @bsafriet $UVXY long or short?
- bsafriet: @mgoodw $UVXY long, just added at another lot at 21.225
- bsafriet: $UVXY Total position at small loss, price seems to be firming. I was a tad early. Expect selling to accelerate after reg mkt session opens.
- bsafriet: $SPX $UVXY Looking like the first move was the wrong move. Holding position for now, will cut losses if VXX trend doesn’t reverse soon. VXX -2.11% UVXY -%4.78
- bsafriet: $UVXY. Out - that didn’t work very well did it.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: A rarity for me. $UVXY STO 2/16/18 17.0 PUTS @.61
- Alexander: @GOOSE $UVXY Great! Russian roulette
- champ: @Alexander $UVXY Its up over $2 off the low....but I took the $$$$ ....for now.
- glens13: @GOOSE $UVXY - anyone hear from Iceman? he was short Puts in the $SVXY from 2/5/2018 before it took a 95% haircut. hope his stops worked.
- Alexander: @champ $UVXY Guys, These $UVXY and $SVXY products are design for money managers - not for us. Usually is used for daily swings. It is not intended to carry over to tomorrow. When you see price move on these.... it is usually to late to go with momentum. Bottom line we should avoid to put money in these products. But, because option premium is always relatively high you are tempted for making 'easy money', but risk is high
- GOOSE: @Alexander $UVXY Hey, gotta keep the ol' ticker going. ;>)
- champ: @Alexander $UVXY $SVXY ---- Yes, money mangers but the bottom line is....these trading instruments are only for those who know how to use them. Market timing is key....these are only for traders, who understand timing. Great trade this morning because the markets ran up too fast this morning and most all traders... knew the markets were going to turn.....its timing. These type of ETF's are absolutely...extremely high risk, for most. We have money mangers/traders in the forum, who use these tools, with great success. $UVXY is mostly played out for now but $SVXY will be in play, at some point and I have a position RHRN.
- optionswealth: @glens13 $UVXY $SVXY I've thought about him often myself and looked for any posts since.
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $UVXY STO 2/16/18 22.50 CALLS A partial roll out of last weeks BTC calls. Doing it ssslllooowwwllyy. $GOOS STO 2/16/18 29.5 PUTS @.35
- champ: @optionswealth $UVXY $SVXY --- I have posted many times, that $UVXY was a great hedge, at high market levels and it was....it saved many... that were overweight in the markets. I believe that we posted about that before but I can't remember, I know I posted.
- champ: $SVXY -----Out....for + $0.81...I don't swing these types of ETF's. $UVXY was LOD but move up a little in the last 25 minutes.... going into the close....NP.
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $GOOS (Couldn't resist) STO 2/16/18 A.T.M., 30.0 PUTS @1.05 $NKTR STO 2/16/18 78.50 CALLS @1.75 Covered $UVXY BTC 2/9/18 17.0 CALLS @11.20 ;>( Will roll out next later today, or next week.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY The spreads on the $UVXY calls are huge! I had to roll out the Short 26.0's yesterday, which is working out, though they would have expired worthless. But then again, it was up at 29.5 today... so I'm sure I would have been sweating bullets.
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY Yah! , I saw your post yesterday. I learned a lesson today. I'm smarter for it. Hey Junior, have a safe and great weekend. GOOSE
- Junior1: @GOOSE $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY Hah, I just bought $UVXY @23.35 . Now covered calls
- mgoodw: @Junior1 $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY I bought UVXY 18 @ 6.95 calls Wednesday then it started dropping to $16, I freaked and sold to break even. Yesterday and today they were worth $12-$15 EACH! Kicking myself, but at least I didnt lose my dough (saying that to make myself feel better). I had some puts but they didnt seem to directly correlate for when UVXY was dropping but sold them for a profit.
- Junior1: There's still confusion in the VIX market.... $VIX is down 25% $VXX is down 2.6% $SVXY is up 6.4% $UVXY is up also 5.4%... ???
- mgoodw: $UVXY @iceman anyone else holding UVXY? Advice on how today's action may effect it?
- atlantadave3: @mgoodw $UVXY I have some. I had a covered call that (the short side) was going against me yesterday, and bought back the call for a loss. I am so glad I did. I may sell the stock today while it is up. I don't want this ETF to do what $SVXY did last night. What's anyone's thought on that? I feel for you @iceman .
- ab3250: $UVXY $SVXY - why isn't the $UVXY up 84%?
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – staying at the highest strikes Sold UVXY FEB 9 2018 26.0 Calls @ 0.38 – expires Friday Sold UVXY FEB 16 2018 35.0 Calls @ 0.38 Sold UVXY MAR 16 2018 91.0 Calls @ 0.37 Sold UVXY JUN 15 2018 60.0 Calls @ 2.14
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – more trades at the highest strikes with the stock at 15 Sold UVXY MAR 2 2018 26.0 Call @ 1.12 Sold UVXY MAR 9 2018 26.0 Call @ 1.58 Sold UVXY JUN 15 2018 60.0 Call @ 2.20
- DrScience: @bigbartabs $QQQ I think $IWM is making up the difference. :-) $SPY testing the 50 DMA, and starting to see volume increasing intra-day on volatility components ($SVXY $VXX $UVXY). Definitely, bounce territory.
- champ: @optionswealth ---- I had... great day trades today, with ETF's. I didn't add any new positions today or on Friday....but ETF trading... was just outstanding today, for traders and it doesn't really get any better, than today....$UVXY up 81% and $VXX was up 70% .....however, I'm not swinging any ETF's, for now....I'm out all. I also used long ETF's this morning... $SSO....but rotated out.
- Wykeman: @champ $UVXY $VXX $SSO $vxx still spiking huge after hours. I havent seen a spike like this in many years.
- optionswealth: @champ $UVXY $VXX $SSO Good for you. Since I haven't grown my acct large enough for day trader status, I'm trading vicariously with you guys. So, keep posting. I'll root for your success while you plan and execute your trades. LOL
- mgoodw: $UVXY Bought Apr 20 $18 calls @ $7.52 with the stock around $19.7 for protection (finally!). UVXY up to $31 so far in after hours......this will be interesting in determining when to sell those off!! Also, want to buy $SVXY soon when it may reverse. Ideas/input on these two?
- spmeyers: @mgoodw $UVXY $SVXY tread with care on buying the inverse; crazy sh*t going on after hours
- shoredriver: @spmeyers $UVXY $SVXY Looking for @Iceman to weigh in, he is one of the experts in these woods for these types of product
- spmeyers: @mgoodw $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX is up modestly after hours but it's inverse $XIV is getting crushed -- someone said it's fear of a liquidation event
- mgoodw: @spmeyers $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX $XIV I just saw that online. Think I'll stay away from that. However, it brought up the question if the SVXY is liquidated then what happens to the UVXY??
- Aragorn: @mgoodw $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX $XIV looks like this is he end for these products
- Ernest: @Aragorn $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX $XIV Aragon, what do you mean the end ?
- Aragorn: @Ernest $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX $XIV De Listing is being mentioned
- mgoodw: @Aragorn $UVXY $SVXY $TVIX $XIV I agree, figures the one time I buy one! UVXY looks like a gap and crap after hours, probably on that news.
- GOOSE: $UVXY Slowly coming down AH.
- mgoodw: @GOOSE $UVXY I see! You think its bc of the possible liquidation of the inverse ETF's?
- GOOSE: @mgoodw $UVXY Sorry, I can't help you with that, as I don't know.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – as the VIX index gets over 15 for the 2nd time today and UVXY hits 12.85: Sold UVXY Feb 16 2018 30.0 Calls @ 0.25 Sold UVXY Feb 26 2018 26.0 Calls @ 0.48 Sold UVXY Mar 2 2018 26.0 Calls @ 0.69 Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 28.0 Calls @ 1.04 Sold UVXY Apr 20 2018 26.0 Calls @ 2.03
- Junior1: @GOOSE $UVXY You mean CALLS, right?
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - as UVXY bounces above 14 for a few minutes Sold UVXY Feb 16 2018 30.0 Calls @ 0.45 Sold UVXY Mar 9 2018 26.0 Calls @ 1.36 - highest strike Sold UVXY Jun 15 2018 60.0 Calls @ 1.95 - highest strike
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/9/18 17.0 CALLS @.75 Living on the edge. EDITED: CALLS, CALLS, NOT PUTS. i'M CRAZY, BUT NOT THAT CRAZY. ;>)
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $UVXY Right. Thanks. I took care of it. Have a great weekend.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – Sold some at the new highest strikes. UVXY MAR 2 2018 26.0 Calls @ 0.64 UVXY APR 20 2018 26.0 Calls @ 1.72
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Too many to report all of them so summarizing the best ones I got off in the smaller of my accounts until I ran out of buying power. Sold 1 UVXY Feb 16 2018 18.0 Call @ 1.08 Sold 1 UVXY Feb 23 2018 19.0 Call @ 1.19 Sold 1 UVXY Mar 2 2018 19.0 Call @ 1.39 Sold 1 UVXY Mar 16 2018 24.0 Call @ 1.24 Sold 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 75.0 Call @ 2.16 Sold UVXY Feb 16 2018 35.0 Calls @ 0.37 – highest strike Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 60.0 Calls @ 0.39
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – Sold UVXY Feb 16 2018 18.0 Calls @ 0.44 with the stock at 10.98
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame - sold these between 3:45 and 4:15 with the stock around 11.40 Sold UVXY Feb 16 2018 20.0 Calls @ 0.46 Sold 1 UVXY Mar 2 2018 14.0 Call @ 1.36 Sold 1 UVXY Mar 16 2018 20.0 Call @ 1.20 Sold 1 UVXY Mar 16 2018 21.0 Call @ 1.21 Sold 1 UVXY Apr 20 2018 20.0 Call @ 2.03 Sold 1 UVXY Jun 15 2018 55.0 Call @ 1.20 Sold 1 UVXY Jan 18 20198 65.0 Call @ 2.06
- infocus: @GOOSE $INTC $UVXY $NTNX Nice going, Gunslinger ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $INTC $UVXY $NTNX It was $NKTR DeBeers STOCK, NOT NTNX. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. Sorry for the shouting.
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 1/26/18 $INTC 1/26/18 44.0 PUTS EXPIRED $UVXY 1/26/18 11.0 CALLS EXPIRED $NKTR 1/26/18 76.0 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $NKTR 1/26/18 76.5 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $NKTR 1/26/18 78.0 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED EDIT: OK, for the $NKTR, I mean assigned, not expired. A senior moment. My intention is to buy more stock Monday, and sell covered calls. Premium lMO is good. Next time they are ITM, I'll roll them out.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/2/18 11.0 CALLS @.50
- Iceman: $UVXY #CoveredCalls – Sold Feb 2 2018 13.0 Calls @ 0.23 with the stock at 10.07
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/2/18 12.0 CALLS @.47 Back into $UVXY, since I don't know when the reverse split will occur. Thought it was 1/16, as I saw it on the internet.
Some assignments of #CoveredCalls were offset by some #ShortPut assignments. Huge Gains on some long term #VXXGame holdings in $UVXY and $SVXY.
I'm waiting for a real pullback to establish new positions for the summer of 2018.
-- Expirations --
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $KODK STO 2/16/18 7.5 PUTS @ 1.45 $UVXY STO 1/26/18 11.0 CALLS @.31 Alert: GAMBLING
- infocus: $SVXY $UVXY @iceman Is the reverse split after the market close today?
- Iceman: @infocus $SVXY $UVXY - NOPE http://www.proshares.com/news/press.html
- infocus: @Iceman $SVXY $UVXY Looks like it hasn't been announced yet. I must have read something some time ago that was a "prediction", not the official announcement.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 15.0 Calls @ 1.15 with the stock at 9.26. I will eventually buy a Jan 2019 Long call to turn this into a spread.
- Vehid: Why $UVXY trending up?
- optionswealth: @Vehid $UVXY I know the VIX was down into the 8 range a few days ago, because I was going to watch it to see if it stabilized there. Took my eye off the ball and now the VIX is at 11+. The market is at a high and it seems some may be thinking we are going to rest or pullback here. All the indicators I use also are at a high. I sure hope for at least a rest.
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY ---- #Speculators......
- Vehid: @champ @optionswealth $UVXY #Speculators thanks. A pullback won't surprise me either!
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY #Speculators ----- We will all know, when the markets pull back but as long as it holds, above the flat line and is green, all is positive. The Markets are still strong but some are taking profits. However, the markets could be tested today but #Patiences is a big part of making profits. Its still early and we will see how it plays out....but as of now this is normal. Traders and investors, always expect too much. However, I'm seeing new targets....and I'm making a buy list.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 16.0 Calls @ 1.16 with the stock at 9.38. The stock is up only 0.12 from my last sale but my strike price is a point higher for the same premium. Call buyers are stepping up 🙂
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 17.0 Calls @ 1.17 Sold UVXY Mar 16 2018 18.0 Calls @ 1.18 Call buyers were stepping up 🙂 but the run is over for today
|Stock Price||$USD 11.10|
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. FinancialsSM Index. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily return of the index. The index measures the performance of the financial services sector of the U.S. equity market. ProShare Advisors uses a mathematical approach to investing. It is non-diversified.Request Video of UVXY
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!