ProShares Trust Ultra VIX Short Term Futures (:UVXY)
Old Forum Content for UVXYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Sold UVXY Mar 3 2017 27.0 Calls @ 0.22 with the stock at 21.71. These expire on Friday
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $UVXY 3/3/17 23.5 CALLS @.43 cutting it close $UVXY 3/10/17 25.0 CALLS @.69 cutting it close
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Slinger!
- infocus: $UVXY STO 1 Apr 21 2017 41 Call @1.79 (Added to position)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame #TopOfTheChain - sold all these this morning at the highest available strike. Sold 1 UVXY MAR 31 2017 33.5 Call @ 1.84 Sold 1 UVXY APR 21 2017 41.0 Call @ 1.95 Sold 1 UVXY JUN 16 2017 60.0 Call @ 2.90 Sold 1 UVXY SEP 15 2017 60.0 Call @ 4.60
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #Feb24 - A pretty good week as almost everthing worked(again). $SVXY pulled back allowing more puts to be sold, $UVXY rallied so a new set of Weekly and Monthly calls could be sold, and $DUST continued to rally despite the ...
- infocus: $UVXY STO 1 Apr 17 2017 41 Call @ 1.47 Thanks @iceman for mentioning it yesterday. Highest available strike.
- infocus: $UVXY BTC Mar 3 2017 17 Puts @.05 No Commission. (STO @.36)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame - Sold 1 UVXY JUN 16 2017 60.0 Call @ 2.59 at the bell with the stock at 21.98
- infocus: $UVXY STO Mar 3 2017 29.5 Call @ .38
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame - Sold 1 Apr 21 2017 41.0 Call @ 1.44 with the stock at 21. My first sale in this expiration month and the highest available strike price.
- infocus: @Iceman $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame Following you - STO $UVXY Apr 21 2017 41 Calls @1.39
- infocus: $UVXY BTC Feb 24 2017 32 Calls @ .02 (STO @ .55)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $JNUG STO 3/3/17 12.0 CALLS @.65 Covered $UVXY STO 3/3/17 25.0 CALLS @.62 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 19.0 PUTS @.25
- infocus: @GOOSE $JNUG $UVXY Nice trades GOOSIE!
- issues: @infocus $JNUG $UVXY Thanks!@ $JNUG. I put in a stop since I know you will bring it down... ho ho ho!
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Roll out the barrel........ $UVXY BTC 2/17/17 20.0 CALLS @.85 STO @.79 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 20.0 CALLS @1.56 .71 Credit ITM trade earlier this week, so rolling it out according to my plan, would have liked to have it expire today but, c'est la vie. ;>)
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Monthlys #Feb17 - A pretty good week as almost everthing worked. $SVXY pulled back allowing more puts to be sold, $UVXY rallied so a new set of Weekly Calls could be sold, and $DUST came off the floor allowing some Puts to expire. ...
- infocus: $UVXY Stopped out Feb 17 2017 32.5 Calls @.05 no commission. STO @.82
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Not a great one it seems, rolling it out, as planned. $UVXY STO 3/3/17 20.0 CALLS @2.56 $UVXY BTC 2/17/17 19.50 CALLS @2.55
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Hedging my short calls, various. $UVXY BTO 3/3/17 17.0 PUTS @.25
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Hey GOOSIE, that's an interesting idea. I've got an order in, but looking for a higher price on more pullback. My short Mar 3 2017 Calls went parabolic in the wrong direction this a.m., but the expected snap back is working... Away Friday a.m. to Cleveland to see my 98 year old mother for the weekend.Have a good 3 day rest. Honk, honk!
- infocus: $UVXY STO Mar 3 2017 17 Puts @ .36 @GOOSE, another gunslinger heard from ;>)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortPuts – Bought to close UVXY FEB 17 2017 20.0 Puts @ 0.40 for a slight gain. After the stock got to 18.13 in the pre-market Wednesday I decided to bail on the move back to the strike price
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY a little feisty today. $UVXY STO 3/3/17 26.0 CALLS @.53
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Hey GOOSIE, you feisty gunslinger you: STO $UXVY Mar 3 2017 26 Calls @.54 ; > )
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY $UXVY You always have to one-up me, .54 to my .53.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $UXVY Would you deprive me of these small victories? Just to make you feel better, I sold 1/3 of my Call position in $RF @.26 Then it ran up to .285. I presume you are still holding... I can't win them all ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY $UXVY $RF Nah! I sold them all when @DrScience unloaded a portion of his this morning.. He got me in, so he took me out. .55 for the $BMY Calls yesterday would have been a bargain. Up to .81 now. You snooze you lose. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $UXVY $RF $BMY No Kidding! I debated the $BMY trade for too long and I was reluctant to buy a few cents higher than you and the Good Doctor. Stupidity! It would have been a nice gain. Sometimes it pays not to second guess yourself. Almost time to pour a small glass of scotch and relax ;>)
- Iceman: $UVXY #CoveredCalls – Adding some speculative short/partially covered calls on the late bump in volatility. Sold UVXY FEB 17 2017 21.5 Calls @ 0.24 - expires in 2 days Sold UVXY FEB 17 2017 22.5 Calls @ 0.15 - expires in 2 days Sold 1 UVXY Mar 3 2017 22.5 Call @ 1.07 Sold UVXY Mar 10 2017 34.0 Calls @ 0.42
- GOOSE: SOME TRADES: $UVXY STO 2/24/17 21.0 CALLS .90 Very risky, sharp shootin' gunslingers only. Has been in a downward trajectory since Nov. Expecting the expected. $JNUG STO 2/24/17 12.5 CALLS @.60 $JNUG STO 2/24/17 10.50 PUTS @.60 THANKS to @infocus for waking me up. ;>)
- issues: @GOOSE $UVXY $JNUG JNUG Small high symmetrical triangle?
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $JNUG We "gunslingers" gotta stick together. I thought I might be hearing from you. ; > )
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY $JNUG You bet!!
- GOOSE: @issues $UVXY $JNUG Not clear yet. A flag or pennant IMO.
- GOOSE: $UVXY New low. 19.85
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 20.0 CALLS @.32 RISKY, SHOUTING $BMY BTO, yes, that's right, BTO 3/18/17 CALLS @.45 after seeing @traderbren's post. Thanks Trader.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $BMY Just saw the $BMY posts. Up nicely already. Do you think it's too late to take a stab at it?
- GOOSE: LAST CRAZY ONE: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 19.5 CALLS @.35 Can always roll out the barrel, and have a barrel of fun. ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $JNUG STO 2/17/17 11.00 PUTS @.50 With stock @11.49 Looking to buy stock a little cheaper, or keep premium. $UVXY STO 2/17/17 23.00 CALLS @.36
- GOOSE: A different TRADE, for me anyway. Trying to make my buying power go further, a Spread. $UVXY STO 2/24/17 25.0 CALLS @.43 $UVXY BTO 2/24/17 35.0 CALLS @.09
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 3/3/17 30.0 CALLS @.55 Getting desperate. Have to go to the forward month to get any decent premium. Oh well, as long as $UVXY keeps dropping I'm ok. I'm prepared for a spike though.
- GOOSE: Another forced TRADE: What! You don't see the gun? $UVXY STO 2/17/17 24.0 CALLS @.40 Risky, risky
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Gunslinger? ; > )
- GOOSE: #Market makers I 'm trying to BTC $UVXY 2/17/17 31.0 Calls at .05, since the price of the stock was 21.98, and the Bid & Ask was, .05 - .06. Now the price is 21.65, and the B&A hasn't moved a penny. Why is this? I'll just wait till Monday, and let time decay lower the bid.
- phgruver: @GOOSE $UVXY #Market When you are that far out of the money, you are at the mercy of the market makers. They are under absolutely no obligation to let you close out your trade. If you hit the bid, they may move the bid. A penny may not mean much to you, but they live and die by squeezing pennies out of trades.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY #Market Me too! Same trade. I will be out of town next Friday. I will be employing the "hopeium" strategy next week up until late on Thursday. Could roll out if necessary. ; > )
- GOOSE: @phgruver $UVXY #Market I should have known that. Thank you for your input. I appreciate your time. Have a great and safe weekend. GOOSE
- infocus: #OPTIONS EXPIRATIONS $JNUG Feb 10 2017 9.5 Covered Calls - Assignment, stock called away $UVXY Feb 10 2017 32 Calls $UVXY Feb 10 2017 33 Calls Have a good weekend everyone!
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 2/10/17 $UVXY 2/10/17 31.0 CALLS $UVXY 2/10/17 30.0 CALLS $JNUG 2/10/17 9.5 CALLS Assigned $JNUG 2/10/17 9.0 CALLS Assigned Have a safe weekend all. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE, A TRADE: $UVXY BTC 2/17/17 33.O CALLS @.11 $UVXY STO 2/17/17 28.0 CALLS @.35 Working a new strategy, for me anyway. Spending .11, taking in .35, same Expiration, of course a lower strike, gotta give to get. I've been selling 25.0 & 26.0 calls, so within my MO. ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: Not timely, except for the 26.50 call. $BMY BTC 2/10/17 50.5 PUTS @.17 STO .80 $UVXY STO 2/17/17 28.0 CALLS @.50 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 31.0 CALLS @.55 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 26.5 CALL @1.01 This one was for fun. The worstest, ;>) that can happen is I roll it out.
- infocus: @GOOSE $BMY $UVXY Nice trades Goosie. Yesterday I missed a good one by being out for lunch. Today I missed another while I was getting a haircut. : > (
- GOOSE: @infocus $BMY $UVXY Excuses, excuses............;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 30.0 CALLS @.41 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 31.0 CALLS @.61
- infocus: $UVXY STO Feb 24 2017 32 Calls @ .55 Just before the bell.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 30.0 CALLS @.44 $UVXY STO 2/24/17 29.5 CALLS @.76
- infocus: $UVXY STO Feb 17 2017 30.5 Calls @ .49 (option ladder)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Sluggish day, for me anyway. $UVXY STO 2/17/17 33.0 CALLS @.40 Bought a few more contracts than usual, had the buying power, as my short calls are losing value because $UVXY is down again. ;>)
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 2/3/17 $JNUG 2/3/17 7.5 PUTS $UVXY 2/3/17 29.5 CALLS $UVXY 2/3/17 28.5 CALLS $UVXY 2/3/17 30.0 CALLS $BMY 2/3/17 49.0 PUTS Have a great weekend everyone. ;>)
- infocus: $UVXY - STO Feb 17 2017 31 Calls @ .98 Thanks for the idea @GOOSIE. I believe that you got the extra .02 yesterday. You deserve it! ; > )
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Yep, .02 here, .02 there, and after a while it's still nothing. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY You remind me of Groucho Marx who said, "I've worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty".
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 32.0 CALLS @.75 Adding to my 2/17/17 Ladder
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Got greedy, waited for .80 and now I can't even get .75. Maybe tomorrow ... : > (
- infocus: $UVXY STO Feb 17 2017 32.5 Calls @.82
- mpsouth: @infocus $UVXY do you see a major meltdown soon?
- infocus: @mpsouth $UVXY Not necessarily. What I see is the opposite of the $SVXY which is strong and so far remains strong. If you haven't traded these ETFs before, I would advise watching them closely before you get involved. The premium gets sucked out quite rapidly as the expiration gets close. Paper trading is a good way to get the hang of it.
- mpsouth: @infocus $UVXY $SVXY uvxy has sucked more life out of me than u can shake a stick at, well aware
- infocus: @mpsouth $UVXY $SVXY In that case, you probably know more than I do about this. No crystal ball on my desk.
- infocus: $UVXY Turned a mistake into a 12% gain. STO $UVXY Feb 17 2017 32.5 Calls @.82 twice as many shares as I wanted to. Bought back half of them at .71. Don't need the extra risk. Out of town tomorrow and no Internet access. Trading account at high for the year. : > ) (Even mistakes sometimes work out o.k.)
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Oink, Oink. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/17/17 31.0 CALLS @1.00 Sitting on my hands for the most part.
- GOOSE: LAST TRADE FOR TODAY: $UVXY STO 2/10/17 30.0 CALLS @.45
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold UVXY Feb 10 2017 37 Calls @ 0.54 with the stock at 26.31.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Somewhat risky IM, not so humble O. $UVXY STO 2/3/17 29.5 CALLS @.40
- GOOSE: A TRADE: With the volatility today in $UVXY.......... $UVXY STO 2/10?17 32.0 CALLS @1.22
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $UVXY STO 2/10/17 31.0 CALLS @1.26 $UVXY STO 2/17/17 34.0 CALLS @1.44
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/10/17 33.0 CALLS @.81
- Iceman: $SVXY $UVXY – so a big reversal from the best levels of the day. Since I was aggressive selling SVXY Puts and UVXY Calls into this morning’s move I threw out a couple of speculative positions to balance out the exposure (just a bit) Sold UVXY Feb 17 2017 20.0 Puts @ 0.47 (my order is already in to cover at a penny) Sold SVXY Feb 3 2017 122.0 Calls @ 1.00 (my order is already in to cover at a penny) – the strike is slightly above the alltime high set last Friday
- infocus: #OPTIONS EXPIRATION 1-27-17 $JNUG Jan 27 2017 9.5 Covered Calls $UVXY Jan 27 2017 34 Calls Have a good weekend everyone!
- GOOSE: @JBed $JNUG Hi, I employ the same strategy as my mentor, @Iceman. 99% of my trades are STO Calls. I only do $UVXY, and $JNUG, with rare exceptions. Why? I like to keep it simple and easy. After a while it becomes intuitive as to what strik ...
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $UVXY STO 2/3/17 30.0 CALLS @.36 $UVXY STO 2/3/17 28.5 CALLS @.40
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Nice trades. I missed them :>(
- GOOSE: A TRADE: FINISHED $UVXY STO 2/10/17 32.0 CALLS @.47
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Well when you get older and slower, it's expected. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY How did you know?! Could have been the sushi I had for lunch.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Ditto Took exact same trade. Ha! Not too slow ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Don't beat yourself up - move on and don't make that mistake again. Look at the short $UVXY calls you/we sold yesterday! ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 2/10/17 35.0 CALLS @.70 Very few chances to sell Calls on an up day, so I have to sell 'em on down days. Working out though, ummmm, so far. ;>) Schwab's Prob calc says 16% chance of $UVXY going above 35.0. I'll take it.
- GOOSE: #Skewered $UVXY #Bollinger @bigbartabs You made me laugh. Thanks for that.
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $JNUG 2/3/17 10.0 CALLS @.55 Covered $UVXY 1/27/17 33.0 CALLS @.41
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY 1/27/17 34.0 CALLS @.42 Thanks for the idea GOOSIE. Went one notch higher. ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Obviously you got in at a better time, beat me on premium and strike. ;>)) GL
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Dumb luck GLTYT
- GOOSE: @bigbartabs #Bollinger Hey BBT you're right, but I can't rely on my FREE charts, as I think they're not true. Also, for $UVXY, I think it is influenced by World Events, more than, dragonflies, or double tops. IMHO. Edited for crazy word.
- GOOSE: TRADES: Somewhat risky. $JNUG STO 2/3/17 7.5 PUTS @.35 $UVXY STO 1/27/17 27.0 PUTS @.42
- bigbartabs: @GOOSE $UVXY #Bollinger ... I don't know... in the world of stock markets... 'skewered' works in almost all circumstances :) Cheers brutha...
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 1/20/17 $JNUG 1/20/17 7.0 PUTS EXPIRED $JNUG 1/20/17 9.5 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $JNUG 1/20/17 10.0 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $UVXY 1/20/17 30.0 CALLS EXPIRED Part of a BeCS $UVXY 1/20/17 35.0 CALLS EXPIRED " " " Thanks to Fuzzball for this trade. My best week this year.
|Stock Price||$USD 10.95|
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. FinancialsSM Index. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily return of the index. The index measures the performance of the financial services sector of the U.S. equity market. ProShare Advisors uses a mathematical approach to investing. It is non-diversified.Request Video of UVXY
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 47,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (47,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!