ProShares Trust Ultra VIX Short Term Futures (:UVXY)
Old Forum Content for UVXYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame - Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 0.49. Originally Sold on 8/10/17 at 11.60. Only 1 more of these left to cover
- infocus: $UVXY STO Jan 19 2018 42 Calls @1.50
- infocus: #OPTIONS EXPIRATIONS $GWW OCT 20 2017 155 PUTS $SVXY OCT 20 2017 75 PUTS $SVXY OCT 20 2017 85 PUTS $UVXY OCT 20 2017 28.5 CALLS $UVXY OCT 20 2017 29 CALLS $UVXY OCT 20 2017 40 CALLS A very good week for me. Trading account at another yearly high. Have a great weekend everyone!
- infocus: $UVXY STO 1 Jan 19 2018 40 Call @2.41
- Iceman: $UVXY #CoveredCalls – Sold UVXY Oct 20 2017 20.5 Calls @ 0.15. These expire tomorrow
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 19 2018 65.0 Call @ 1.28. This is my last short strike 65 call for this month. Still short 82.0 and 91.0 Calls Originally sold this one on 08/10/17 at 14.80.
- champ: $UVXY @ $16.15 --- I added my first #hedge this morning...1 full position at this time and I will added if needed....no clue on market direction...this is just a safety hedge....because I don't know, whats going to happen...at $DJI of 23,000, this number could trigger some to take profits...could be sell the news....?? Stop around entry....
- infocus: $UVXY A COUPLE OF TRADES: $UVXY STO Oct 27 2017 23.5 Calls @.25 $UVXY STO Oct 27 2017 25 Calls @.24
- champ: $UVXY ---Out this Hedge on the close....will take a new look tomorrow.
- Reif99: @am $VIX $VXX $UVXY I'll let others chime in, but the problem is the bullish VIX vehicles all lose value over time when the VIX stays even. So it's almost like an option, you have to be right on a volatility increase *and* you have to be right on the timing, or you'll lose money.
- am: Hi @DAN and everyone looking and advice on the best vehicle to trade trade the $VIX , any advice would be appreciated, none of the ETFs I tried correlates from charts looking perspective to the VIX... including $VXX, $UVXY, TVIZ, TVIX... etc. for example, the $VIX been consistently bouncing off of the low $9s , it would be nice to start a position there and add more if it breaks out... thoughts?
- am: Hi @DAN and everyone looking for ways to trade the $VIX , any advice would be appreciated, none of the ETFs I tried correlates/charts looks like the VIX... including $VXX, $UVXY, TVIZ, TVIX... etc. for example, the $VIX been consistently bouncing off of the low $9s , it would be nice to start a position using an equivalent ETF when the Vix is at 9 and add more if it breaks out... thoughts?
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 5.65 with the stock at 16.60. Originally sold on 08/10/17 @ 22.0. This is the last of this particular contract. I’ve been averaging down my buybacks just like I averaged up my original sales. It’s now been over 2 months since the last decent volatility event. I’m wondering if we get to year end without another one. The good thing is that I put on a 17 month trade and made 75 % of the max gain in only 2 months
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 0.76. Originally sold on 08/10/17 at 10.10. I still have a couple of these left, sold at higher prices.
- infocus: #OptionsExpiration Weeklys Oct13 $SVXY Oct 13 2017 80 Puts $UVXY Oct13 2017 27 Calls ($UVXY Oct13 2017 33 Calls - BTC yesterday @.01) Have a great weekend everyone!
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #Oct 13 - almost nothing this week. --Expirations -- $SVXY (Weekly) Oct 13 2017 79 Puts $TAP (Weekly) Oct 13 2017 78 Puts --Assignments -- $UVXY (Weekly) Oct 13 2017 17.5 Puts
- infocus: $UVXY Added to position. STO Oct 20 2017 29 Calls @ .17 Ave. .25 The Delta is .07 Large position.
- infocus: #New low for the year on $UVXY - 17.00
- Junior1: @infocus $SVXY I'm curious... You're selling puts on an up day, and you sold $UVXY calls on a down day. Seems backwards to me. No?
- infocus: @Junior1 $SVXY $UVXY Sure, it's backwards. Of course I'd rather get a larger payoff, but lately, this has been working well for me. Can't always wait for a spike in the VIX. Also, lower risk. With the Delta at .03 there's a 97% probability the trade will expire worthless. I'm not recommending it to anyone, and I do wait sometimes for the down days if possible. but I'm still sleeping well. (o.k, at 72 years old I'm not sleeping as long as I used to). As Dan says sometimes, "Whatever floats your boat". Good luck doing what works for you.
- Junior1: @infocus $SVXY $UVXY I agree with you on the low risk trade. I've made my best $$$ selling premium of Volatility. And it is a "sleep easy" trade! And Thankyou infocus, for all of your input here!!
- infocus: @Junior1 $SVXY $UVXY I'm far from the best volatility trader here I'm sure. Your point is a good one and I'm sure that is the way the "Pros" trade. A big part of it is being able to sit in front of the screen all day and have plenty of patience. The proof of that is if I had waited for the $SVXY dip around 2:40 p.m. today, I would have had a much more lucrative fill. C'est la vie. For better or worse, I wasn't in front of the screen, and frankly, I have several other "lives". I don't want to sit all day. Always happy to help if I can. Trade safely!
- infocus: $UVXY BTC Oct 13 2017 33 Call @.01 Frees up some money, risk management (STO on 9/29/17 @.37)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortPuts - probably a stunningly stupid trade - Sold UVXY Oct 27 2017 16.0 Puts @ 0.61 with UVXY at 17.62 and VIX at 9.75
- infocus: @Iceman $UVXY #ShortPuts My guess is that your "stupid trades" almost always turn into smart ones. You must have had a good reason. Even just an itchy finger... ;>)
- GOOSE: @peterpaulette Hi peterpaulette, May I please suggest that when posting to the Forum, that you capitalize the stock symbol in question, and put a $ in front of it, e.g. $UVXY. When you hover your cursor over the stock symbol it shows you a chart, and you can immediately see if you have any interest in that stock. Have a great weekend. GOOSE
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCall - Bought to close 1 more UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 0.98. Sold this one on 08/10/17 @ 9.00. Still 3 more to go, sold at higher prices.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortPuts – for lack of anything else to do Sold UVXY Oct 20 2017 17.0 Puts @ 0.61 with the stock at 18.41
- infocus: $UVXY BTC Oct 6 2017 31 Calls @.02 I'll be out of town Friday, and as a function of risk management, not worth waiting another 2 days for expiration. STO last Wednesday for .31
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close the next to last of my UVXY JAN 19 2018 65.0 Calls @ 1.74. This one was sold on 08/10/17 @ 12.80. A nice gain for an option trade.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close UVXY3(5 shares) Jan 19 2018 60.0 Calls @ 0.01. Cleaning up old positions in several accounts. Originally sold on 10/13/16 @ 6.75 and again on 11/03/16 @ 7.30
- Junior1: @GOOSE I hear you Goose. BTC $UVXY Oct 20 80.0 Calls @ 0.05 today. The last of my VIX positions.
- Iceman: I Bought to close 1 $UVXY Dec 20 2017 65.0 Call @ 1.19 to reduce my position by 1 more contract.
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $UVXY Yah, we gotta change our style. I find that AA is a decent trading vehicle for now. But I have to say I miss my $UVXY.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - #ClassicVXXGame - Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 7.50 Originally sold on 08/10/17 @ 20.00 I only have 1 more of these left, plus some strike 75's as well.
- infocus: #OPTIONS EXPIRATION (Weeklys) $SVXY Sep 29 2017 73 Puts $SVXY Sep 29 2017 75 Puts $UVXY Sep 29 2017 32 Calls Have a great weekend everyone!
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 1.49. I still have more to cover but I see no need to rush. Originally sold on 8/9/17 @ 7.00
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 19 2018 65.0 Call @ 2.23. I still have a couple more to cover plus I'm short 82 and 91 calls as well. Originally sold on 08/10/17 @ 11.20
- champ: @bsafriet $IWM #market --- Traders/Investors were at work today and Small Cap did OutPerform, all the sectors today. The markets are strong for #Many reasons but Tax Reform could be the main reason for todays bounce. Increase in business tax revenue ...
- bsafriet: @champ $IWM $UVXY $SDS #market #Many #Have #Not #Trump #Opinions Txs for your comments Champ! I hope you and Washington are correct that business tax revenue will rise to offset the corporate and individual tax cuts. But, historically our governmen ...
- infocus: $UVXY STO Oct 20 2017 40 Calls @.72
- Junior1: $VIX going on two weeks with little volatility in the volatility index. Only closing trades on $UVXY for me
- infocus: #Some Trades: $SVXY STO Sep 29 2017 75 Puts @.49 $UVXY STO Sep 29 2017 32 Calls @.25
- infocus: #OPTIONS EXPIRATION $UVXY Sep 22 2017 34 Calls $UVXY Sep 22 2017 34.5 Calls Have a good weekend everyone!
- stairm01: $UVXY Big volume spike on the UVXY for the last 5 minute candlestick.
- Junior1: @Thebigshort $vix The vocal traders in this forum tend to trade the $VIX options via selling Calls and Puts on $VXX, $UVXY and $SVXY.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 1.73. Sold this one on 07/27/17 at 6.70.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 19 2018 65.0 Call @ 2.80. Sold this one on 08/10/17 at 9.00.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 8.70. Sold this one on 08/10/17 at 18.00.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 1.49. Covered two in one day. Sold this one on 08/10/17 @ 10.0
- CHOFF: $UVXY - NK missile lobbed, terrorist attack in London and $UVXY and The Vix are down, .....go figure. Watching the market feels like I'm watching a master class in snake charming.
- champ: @CHOFF $UVXY ---- If you are going to jump on board this ETF, you should wait until its working and not before. The news report on N Korea are...P Trump is talking to the President of China, on phone now and it seems, they are working on a solution and the Presidents will be meeting again but this time it will be in China, in November and that news was posted yesterday, by the WH. I'm Not seeing any reports from the news media, at this time....but I'm Spec long $DUST because of that News.
- CHOFF: @champ $UVXY $DUST Yes, it's a momentum trade with that 3x ETF...I'm not in it...just pontificating. Thought I would be buying it this morning for a quick trade but alas the market does not agree.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 9.80. I still have others to cover but lightening up with UVXY near a new low. Sold this one on 08/10/17 at 15.70
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 10.90. Still have others to cover but lightening up with UVXY at a new low. Sold this one on 08/10/17 at 14.50. Pretty soon it will make more sense to add small lots of UVXY stock instead of covering these calls.
- Junior1: @Iceman $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame I need to cover UVXY 29 SEPT 27.5 Puts. I sold these back in August. At break even rhrn. Selling puts on this has been less than stellar. With the $VXX designed to continually fall.
- Iceman: @Junior1 $UVXY $VXX #ShortCalls - I only sell puts on $UVXY if I am already short a boatload of short calls
- Junior1: @Iceman $UVXY BTC Sept 29 91.0 Calls @ 0.03 Sold for 2.58 in mid August. You've taught me well @Iceman! Freeing up buying power
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 UVXY Mar 16 2018 60.0 Call @ 6.30. My original sell price on this one was 12.30. One more of these left to go (sold at 14.00) I’m also carrying short 82 call and short 91 calls as well. Making this trade with the VIX at 10.29, so the timing is probably OK.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 65.0 Call @ 3.00 with UVXY at a new low. Originally sold on 07/27/17 at 6.05, but I sold others all the way up to 13.60.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCall – Bought to close 1 UVXY Sep 15 2017 68.0 Call @ 0.01. Originally sold on 08/10/2017 at 4.37. Only in this trade 30 days.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 19 2018 65.0 Call @ 4.90. This is the first of many of these that I am covering. My average sell price is around 11.00. I’m also carrying short 82 call and short 91 calls as well. Making this trade with the VIX at 10.51, so the timing is probably OK.
- champ: $UVXY @$31.15 --- Added back to my swing Hedge from yesterday....just adding back protections. Markets are still strong but zig-zagging around the line flat. Tech stocks are down, $AAPL and others. Oil, is tanking but both of these ETF's are working....$DWT $SCO. $XME....metals are down, $X $TECK and others. However, going into the close today, the markets could get a little selling pressure but theirs no real way to know.... but #Korea is back in the News yesterday.
- champ: $DJI @ 21,819 -- $JNUG @ $24.55 ------ $UVXY @ $31.55 and I'm going to add to my Hedge RHRN ...with stop at entry on the add-on...I doubled.
- stevef214: @champ $DJI $JNUG $UVXY I entered both just 20 minutes ago and just moved my stops up to entry.
- champ: @stevef214 $DJI $JNUG $UVXY ---- I think this ETF is going to zig-zag and I might move my stop down, it just all depends on the speed of the move. For me this is a hedge and you can tell that others are also taking hedge position and you can clearly see that the $DJI is up 53 points RHRN, along with $TNA and $FAS are also both green but Tech, Bio Metals and Oil are red but if banks turn down the market could drop hard and fast....but who knows, I sure don't. This move RHRN is fanatic but will it hold....thats the question, that everyone is asking.
- champ: $UVXY $JNUG SQQQ ----- I was looking for a bigger drop in the markets, going into the close but I guess, this N Korea news, doesn't seem to bother the markets... all that much anymore. Another missile launch, is really no big deal.
- champ: $UVXY --- New hedge position this morning, stop was at entry but is now trailing.
- stairm01: @champ $UVXY Bought the stock 2 days ago at 33 and sold the 33 CC this week for $2.00. Bought the call back this morning for 0.41 and purchased more stock as a hedge as well. May sell the 32 strike or higher before the day is over.
- champ: @stairm01 $UVXY --- Theirs #News on N Korea about a new ICBM missile launch on Saturday, their big Holiday....they are watching missile movement.
- champ: $UVXY ....Out....90% of my position.
- champ: $DJI @ 21,763 $UVXY @ $30.15 $JNUG @ $25 ---- Don't really know how the markets are going to react, going into the close today because of N Korea's special holiday on #Saturday. Hurricane stocks should be alright, going into the weekend and some might even add to those types of positions.
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY $SDS $NUGT $JNUG ---- I'm thinking that gold could open down in the morning and if that happens, I will add back around 40% of my position that I sold on the close but only if and when it turns a little. I'm only carrying 20% of my position now, after selling 80% on the close. Gold has had a nice bounce over the last 4 days, of around $50. The trend has been up for a few days and then more or less flat for a day then up 2 out of 3...could have a down day tomorrow, is my guess but theirs no real way to tell at this point. However, thats my plan...
- champ: @Vehid ---- $NUGT $JNUG .....#GoldTrade --- I have posted this before, on what helps me out with the gold trade....If you pull up a monthly chart on interest rates, say the 10-Year ($TNX) and a Gold chart also for 1 month, you can see that they jus ...
- champ: $UVXY....new position 30 minutes ago....stop at entry $30.16
- champ: $$UVXY @ $31.83 HOD ...for now....just a lot of #Uncertainty in the markets....looks like the markets could take a rest...no real reason to hold certain stocks. I took profits on most all stocks, even $APPL...mostly only holding green position now.
- Junior1: @champ $UVXY HOD? $33.07, no?
- champ: @Junior1 $UVXY--- @ $32.75 ...the ETF bounced around a $1 when I was typing.
- Junior1: Taking advantage of this move ... STO $UVXY Oct 20 80.0 Calls @1.80
- issues: @champ $UVXY $APPL #Uncertainty $AAPL?
- champ: @Junior1 $UVXY --- I don't type a post all at once, when the markets are zig-zagging.....I'm working on other positions in-between and moving all around with charts...and looking for targets...and I did a fast add on $UVXY, on that move...just saying...
- ROSEY: @champ $UVXY $APPL #Uncertainty Hi, hoping for a mighty rebound on $AAPL.
- champ: $SDS $UVXY ...sold both earlier.......Out.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortStrangles – Sold UVXY Sep 15 2017 25/50 Strangles @ 1.04
- champ: $UVXY and $SDS helped my 4 accounts out today because I had large positions and I ended the day up a little. Also because I'm holding many energy names and that helped and I had a few Spec day trades working in that sector today also. I did sell 14 positions on the open this with profits.
- Vehid: @champ $UVXY $SDS my life saver was $NUGT today. God bless gold!
- champ: @Vehid $UVXY $SDS $NUGT ---- Yes, I was holding $JNUG and I did swing 20% of my position and I posted that info on the close. Yes, that also help me out today.... because I had a full position and my stop was at entry and it held-up all day but that was all luck. I thought that I would have to scale out, but I forgot to put my bracketed stops on.....like I said... it was just luck.
- Vehid: @champ $UVXY $SDS $NUGT $JNUG I think I will hold my position on $NUGT as long as that stupid guy in North Korea jumping around
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCall #ClassicVXXGame - Bought to close 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 65.0 Call @ 12.0. Originally sold on 8/9/17 at 13.30. Still short several others sold at higher prices.
- champ: $DJI @ 21,987 ---- Markets are really strong and it looks like they are going to follow Europes close and close in the Green, along with the Asia/Pacific markets but the Hang Sen was down a little and the Shanghai B was flat. I use these markets for ...
- atlantadave3: @Iceman $UVXY #CoveredCalls Hi Iceman, I bought UVXY stock, and have sold calls against it in the last couple of weeks. I have dome OK with the trades, but am still underwater with the trades. It is the only way to sell these high volatility calls, because of my account size. Today, because $UVXY is, hopefully at support, I BTC my call for a slight profit. I BOT +1 UVXY 100 19 JAN 18 91 CALL @3.90. Stock price was=28.9285. STO on 8/22 for $4.60. I want to wait till the stock price rises, to sell a call against it. How far out, and what strikes do you like to go with with covered calls on $UVXY? (Roughly.) Was it stupid to buy back that call this morning? Thanks so much!
- infocus: $UVXY BTC Sep 1 2017 45.5 Call @.01 No Commission, 2 days early. Free up capital.
- infocus: $UVXY BTC SEP 1 2017 40 Calls @.01 No Commish, didn't want to wait another day for .01. Replaced it with short $UVXY SEP 8 2017 41 Calls @.42 Only 4 trading days next week. Currently Delta: .07 Made that trade yesterday.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame – Bought to close the 2nd of my UVXY March 2018 60.0 short calls, with several more to go. With the VIX down, it’s a good time to lighten up on long term calls with lower strike prices. Bought to close 1 UVXY Mar 16 2018 60.0 Call @ 7.40. I sold strike 82 and strike 91 calls for March for much more than this. Originally sold this one on 08/10/2017 at 11.20.
- roadrunr: $UVXY buy to close my short UVXY, sold for $32.59 bought back for $29.90, a few missed opportunities along the way.
- infocus: $UVXY STO Sep 8 2017 42 Calls @.32 Delta: .10 Short week next week.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 9/8/17 39.0 CALLS @.55
- infocus: $UVXY STO Sep 8 2017 41 Calls @.42
- champ: $UVXY @ $34 in the PM for now ----- Open down yesterday morning @ $30.06 and closed @ $30.40. I need to see how the PM opens and then the reg open and how the volume is, before I make any trades in this ETF, the markets are not bad at this point....but you never know. The markets in China are Flat, no big deal for their markets.
- infocus: $UVXY STO Sep 8 2017 43.5 Calls @.59
|Stock Price||$USD 9.34|
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. FinancialsSM Index. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily return of the index. The index measures the performance of the financial services sector of the U.S. equity market. ProShare Advisors uses a mathematical approach to investing. It is non-diversified.Request Video of UVXY
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!