ProShares Trust Ultra VIX Short Term Futures (:UVXY)
Old Forum Content for UVXYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/30/17 11.5 CALLS @.30 i'm taking what I can get.
- GOOSE: $UVXY Hitting new lows on the day. $SVXY Hitting new highs on day. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $SVXY Do you have any bullets left? I'm running out! ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY $SVXY I'm out too! Good opsitunities..
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $SVXY "opsitunities"? Nice touch. I'm expectorating a wheelbarrow delivery of ammo on Monday after Friday expirations.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $SVXY 6/23/17 167.0 CALLS @.43 $SVXY 6/23/17 155.0 PUTS @.74 $UVXY 6/30/17 11.5 CALLS @.30
- GOOSE: TRADES: Listen'n to Merle Haggard $UVXY STO 6/23/17 10.5 CALLS @.36 My crazy one for the week, or is it my second? No never mind. $UVXY STO 6/30/17 11.5 CALLS @.34
- infocus: A COUPLE of TRADES: $SVXY STO Jun 23 2017 148 Puts @.61 Added to strangle position $UVXY STO June 30 2017 15 Calls @.15 $UVXY STO June 30 2017 13 Calls @.22
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 7/7/17 13.5 CALLS @.32 $SVXY STO 6/23/17 148.0 PUT @.62 $SVXY STO 6/23/17 168.0 CALLS 1.08 A little short strangle, to mitigate margin use.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $UVXY $SVXY Is this your usual MO? I would think you'd take these positions on market down day.
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $UVXY $SVXY Hi Junior, Yah you're right, but since I am ONLY trading $UVXY & SVXY, totally, I haven't much choice, since the premium offered on $UVXY is very low right now, until they reverse split, probably in July, I had to start trading a little $SVXY to earn any kind of premium. I have more cash now than I've had all year. Not much for me out there right now, only forced plays. If by M.O., you mean playing $UVXY AND $SVXY in tandem, then no, there is nothing for me there.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $SVXY I like the strangle, but am trying to get filled on a 148/171 for less premium but also less risk - I want to get my cake AND eat it ; > ) Ah, ha...just filled. See new post...
- GOOSE: OPTIONS EXPIRATION, 6/16/17 $UVXY STO 10.50 CALLS EXPIRED STO @.39 An ITM trade done yesterday. $UVXY STO 11.0 CALLS EXPIRED STO @.65 earlier this week. $UVXY STO 12.0 CALLS EXPIRED $UVXY STO 13.5 CALLS EXPIRED $UVXY STO 15.5. CALLS EXPIRED $SVXY STO 165.0 CALLS EXPIRED $SVXY STO 145.0 CALLS EXPIRED Rolling this short strangle out to next week. No assignments. A good week.
- infocus: OPTIONS EXPIRATION - WEEKLYS (All positions expired with maximum available profit. $SVXY Jun 16 2017 68 Puts $SVXY Jun 16 2017 125 Puts $UVXY Jun 16 2017 16.5 Calls $UVXY Jun 16 2017 17.5 Calls $UVXY Jun 16 2017 18 Calls Also Closed out $MOMO Jun 23 2017 45 Calls @.05 Best week in a long time. Have a great weekend everyone!
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 13.0 CALLS @.45 Doing mostly near week with these.
- GOOSE: TRADES: Took these yesterday. I was wrong, so I'm out. $CBI BTC 6/23/17 17.0 CALLS @.15 STO @.30 $CBI BTC 6/23/17 15.0 PUTS @.60 STO @.38 Just realized my mistake. Dare I confess it? I thought I had the 16.0, not the 15 PUTS. ;>( Fat fingers or fathead? EDIT: UPSIDE: Releases a lot of buying power to trade my $UVXY.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/30/17 16.0 CALLS @.37 First trade in this expiration.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Fathead or presient? We'll see tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I'm taking a big chance here. If nothing else, I did it for entertainment value. $UVXY STO 6/16/17 10.50 CALLS @.39 Less contracts than usual.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Nice trade, it's working! Just back from a long lunch. Over traded today, but so far, all look good. ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY YAH! Did some slingen today. The 10.50 UVXY trade, was up 65% in an hour and a half. Things work sometimes. See ya upon the morrow.
- GOOSE: $UVXY #Projected split. An outfit called 6 Figure Investing says that $UVXY is going to be reverse split July 13, 2017. It will be the 8th time since it was born. They think it will be a 1:5 split. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: W/A thanks to @Champ for bringing $CBI to my attention. $CBI STO 6/23/17 15.0 PUTS @.38 Delta .32 Always looking for potential options to short. Getting a little leery of being overweight in $UVXY short calls.
- champ: @GOOSE $CBI $UVXY---- Don't really know about this zig-zager around this level...LOL
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY #Projected Thanks for the alert, Goosie.
- GOOSE: @champ $CBI $UVXY Thank you, but I'm familiar with this stock. Have a great day. Hey, looks like the bottom is in, if not I know where the eject button is. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Something new for me, and I'm sorry already. Cost me $7,300 per contract to put on. Yikes!!! $UVXY only costs 1000 per contract to put on. Probably BTC tomorrow. I eschew day trades. $SVXY STO 6/16/17 145.0 PUTS @.92 Delta .14 At least I have the Delta Force with me. ;>)
- infocus: $UVXY SOME TRADES: STO Jun 23 2017 15 Calls @.22 STO Jun 23 2017 14 Calls @.25 Added to position
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 37.0 Call @ 1.75 with the stock at 11. Highest strike and my first trade at this expiration.
- GOOSE: TRADE: Gunslinger Make sure you draw your .45 slowly and don't shoot your toes off, and ruin a good pair of Ostrich boots. ;>) $UVXY STO 6/16/17 12.0 CALLS @.50 Delta .37 63% chance of success. Not great, but I'll stick neck out. Hope Mr. Market doesn't wear a black hood.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Wow! ; > )
- infocus: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold 1 UVXY Dec 15 2017 37.0 Call @ 1.70 with the stock at 11.08 Thanks for the idea @Iceman
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Whaaat, $UVXY will not be under 12.00 for the rest of June??? If not this week, I'll roll 'em out to next week.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Of course. Isn't that how we trade?! It works. : > )
- GOOSE: A TRADE: ATM $UVXY STO 6/16/17 11.0 CALLS @.65 We'll see Friday.
- GOOSE: $UVXY Just fell into the 9's.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 12.5 CALLS @.33 Getting desperate. ;>)
- GOOSE: @Iceman #Markets You forgot to include $UVXY WENT UP OVER $1.25 ;>)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – selling at the highest available strike Sold 1 UVXY Jul 14 2017 16.5 Call @ 1.04. Sold UVXY Jul 21 2017 32.0 Calls @ 0.53.
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 6/9/17 $UVXY 14.5 CALLS EXPIRED $EWZ 32.5 PUTS EXPIRED $EWZ 36.0 CALLS EXPIRED
- infocus: $UVXY STO Aug 18 2017 23 Calls @ .84 Added to position. Highest available strike price -Delta .25
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold 1 UVXY Aug 18 2017 23.0 Call @ 1.16 with the stock at 11.33. Highest strike.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY 6/23/17 15.0 CALLS @.48 $EWZ 6/23/17 36.0 CALLS @.41 $EWZ 6/23/17 33.0 PUTS @.47 A short strangle
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Sold 1 UVXY Aug 17 2017 23.0 Call @ 1.04. Highest available strike price (for now)
- infocus: @Iceman $UVXY #ShortCalls Sold 1 UVXY Aug 17 2017 23.0 Call @ 1.04. Highest available strike price (for now) Following "The "Master"
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY #ShortCalls ..........better the master than the slinger. ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 6/16/17 13.5 CALLS @.34 Delta .23 The force is with me. ;>) $UVXY STO 6/23/17 14.0 CALLS @.44 Delta .25
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Hope you're right! ; > )
- tejas7: @GOOSE $UVXY http://www.businessinsider.com/mystery-trader-50-cent-has-been-unmasked-2017-5 50 cent trader
- GOOSE: @tejas7 $UVXY Hi tejas, page for your URL couldn't be found. Thanks anyway. Have a great weekend. GOOSE
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Right or wrong, I'm always write, ummm rite? ummm ryte, let me think this one over.
- tejas7: @GOOSE $UVXY sorry. last part "-50" is part of the URL
- infocus: @tejas7 $UVXY I know a few people in The Forum who are always happy to take the other side of his trades. Keep 'em coming ; > )
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Don't forget your glycerin pills. Right or Wrong, with options we always have "options". ; > )
- infocus: $UVXY STO Jun 23 2017 14 Calls @ .45 (half position to start)
- infocus: $UVXY #Options Expiration $UVXY Jun 2 2017 15 Calls Have a great weekend everyone!
$SVXY and $UVXY positions rolling off have left few risk positions to deal with until the #Monthly expiration in 2 weeks.
$NUGT and $DUST positions expiring in #IRA accounts leave a lot of dry powder to be reinvested on the next big move in gold, wh ...
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 6/2/17 $UVXY 14.0 CALLS $UVXY 15.0 CALLS $UVXY 17.0 CALLS $EWZ 36.0 CALLS
- GOOSE: $UVXY New low, 10.59 July Reverse split????
- infocus: $UVXY A Couple of Trades: $UVXY STO Jun 16 2017 17.5 Calls @ .24 $UVXY STO Jun 16 2017 18 Calls @ .23
- GOOSE: A TRADE: While I was out. $UVXY STO 6/16/17 15.5 CALLS @.38
- GOOSE: TRADES: A STRANGLE $EWZ STO 6/16/17 37.0 CALLS @.50 $EWZ STO 6/1617 32.0 PUTS @.38 My $UVXY HELPER. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Last one until Tuesday. $UVXY STO 6/16/17 16.5 CALLS @.33
- infocus: $UVXY STO Jun 16 2017 16.5 Calls @.33 Only trade today. Following @GOOSE ; > )
- infocus: $UVXY #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #May26 - One measly position expired: $UVXY May 26 2017 18 Calls
- Iceman: $UVXY #CoveredCalls - Sold UVXY Jun 2 2017 14.0 Calls @ 0.15 for next week with the stock at 10.96
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/9/17 14.5 CALLS @.30
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Interesting...rather small trade for a "gunslinger". Contemplating similar... ; > )
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Hey!! I can only play what's in front of me. If it's not there I can't play it.
- GOOSE: @infocus $EWW Yep! That's me the great internationalist. BBBBWWWWHHHHHAAA. Nah, until $UVXY, reverse splits, or volatility increases, I'll go with this steady Eddie, an @fuzzball idea. Let me thank him now, as I've neglected to do so. Thank you fuzzy. I like $EWW.
- GOOSE: $UVXY ON A TEAR. NEWS?????
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $UVXY STO 6/2/17 14.0 CALLS @.30 Delta .24
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Gunslinger ; > )
- GOOSE: @infocus $UVXY Welcome Home!
- infocus: $UVXY STO Jun 2 2017 15 Calls @.25 Delta: 18
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY Thanks, but I'm still in Paree. Back next Wednesday. Before I go out for the late afternoon cocktail I'm doing a little "slinging". ; > )
- infocus: $UVXY BTC May 19 2017 18.5 Calls @.01 Won't be around to check the close. STO @.36 No commission.
- GOOSE: $UVXY, $MU, $AMD $AMBA From the boonies of NJ, ;>) Re: My post yesterday. I'm almost whole again. What a difference a day makes.
- JBed: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD Me too! Quite a relief - but I'm going to be quicker to take profits after Wednesday.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD $AMBA Glad to hear that. I'm close. Still in France ;>)
- GOOSE: @JBed $UVXY $MU $AMD Good to hear. I was traveling, so I didn't have access to my computer, except momentarily when I would stop at a MCD to refresh. Hey, all's well that ends well. ;>) Have a great weekend.
- Iceman: $UVXY #CoveredCalls – Feeling pretty certain that today’s 15 and 15.5 calls would expire with the stock below 13 with 2 hours to go, I pre-sold new calls for next week. Sold UVXY May 26 2017 16.5 Calls @ 0.28 Sold UVXY May 26 2017 17.0 Calls @ 0.28
Maybe more fireworks next week, but this week's swoon set me up with new positions in the weeklys options ($SVXY and $UVXY) through the end of June.
Only 1 small assignment for this week.
DUST May 19 2017 45 Calls
HES May 19 201 ...
- infocus: $UVXY BTC May 19 2017 17 Calls @ .25 (Sold @ .33) Small profit but very happy to be out of the trade)
- Iceman: $SVXY #ShortPuts – Sold SVXY Jun 9 2017 75.0 Puts @ 0.60 with the stock at 132.15 $UVXY #ShortCall – Sold 1 UVXY Jun 30 2017 22.0 Call @ 2.02 with the stock at 15.80. The strike price is pretty low but it is the highest available for this weekly contract.
- GOOSE: #OT Been on the road for the past two days, driving from Florida to NJ. Got to my hotel to check my $UVXY $AMD $MU short calls, last night and got a big surprise. My account was less than in the morning when I left. ;>) As our mentor says, "That's trading". Looking a little better today. Good GREEN to all.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $AMD $MU #OT Safe travels GOOSIE. Still in Paris and hanging in... ;>)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – Sold all these earlier with UVXY near 15.80. Sold 1 UVXY Sep 15 2017 60.0 Call @ 1.19 Sold 1 UVXY Jan 19 2018 60.0 Call @ 2.30 Sold 1 UVXY Jan 18 2019 60.0 Call @ 4.19. All these are the highest available strike prices
- tejas7: @Iceman $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame good fill. I sold Sept 60 at 0.99 earlier
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #VXXGame – adding to this position at the highest strike Sold UVXY Jul 21 2018 32.0 Calls @ 0.96
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold UVXY Jul 21 2017 32.0 Calls @ 1.03 with the stock at 14.45. Adding on. Highest strike
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Sold UVXY Jan 19 2017 60.0 Calls @ 1.72 with the stock at 14.45. Adding on. Highest strike
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 18.0 CALLS @.53 $AMD STO 6/9/17 13.5 CALLS @.25 $AMD STO 6/9/17 11.0 PUTS @.26 Part of a short strangle. $AMBA STO 6/9/17 57.50 PUTS @.90 Small size. Thanks to my friend @Forexpro, his idea, my trade. Looking to take them back at a nickel. ;>)
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls #ClassicVXXGame - Bought to close UVXY JAN 18 2019 60.0 Calls 2.55 as UVXY hits a new low. Sold in Feb and April of this year at an average of 7.55. Still 613 day left until expiration.
- GOOSE: TRADES: Took @Forexpro's $MSFT put trade this morning, but bought it back later. Margin cost $5k per contract. Had a handful so wiped out my buying power till June expiration. Made $15, after commissions. Thanks Amigo. $UVXY STO 6/2/17 15.0 CALLS @.33
- GOOSE: WILD ONE: $UVXY STO 5/19/17 12.0 PUT @.33 I have had a little luck with these short term ITM Calls lately, so I'm giving this one a try. Can always roll it out. Very risky.
- Forexpro: @GOOSE $MSFT $UVXY Cool, Goose, Glad that you escaped unscathed, and, in fact, with a bit of extra change. The stock has made it back to unchanged - well, off a penny - and I'm feeling grateful. As Bridget was kind enough to note, the stock goes ex- a 0.39 divvie tomorrow, so there may be some reaction. Here's hoping that you're well, and thriving; all the best!
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close 1 UVXY JUN 2 2017 40.0 Call @ 0.01. It won't trade any lower. Originally sold on 04/17/17 at 1.64.
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls - Bought to close UVXY May 19 2017 30.0 Calls @ 0.01. They won't trade any lower. Sold on 3/21 thru 3/23/2017 at prices from 1.69 up t0 2.09. Avg price 1.89.
- GOOSE: EXPIRATION: 5/12/17 $SVXY 5/12/17 159.0 CALLS EXPIRED $SVXY 5/12/17 145.0 PUTS EXPIRED First time I traded $SVXY Options in years. Beginners luck. $UVXY 512/17 14.0 CALLS EXPIRED
- Iceman: $UVXY #ShortCalls – Bought to close UVXY May 26 2017 40.0 Calls @ 0.01. Sold on 4/13/17 @ 1.95. Also Bought to close UVXY May 26 2017 42.0 Calls @ 0.01. Sold on 4/21/17 @ 0.89. They won’t trade any lower.
|Stock Price||$USD 22.61|
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. FinancialsSM Index. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as three times the inverse (-3x) of the daily return of the index. The index measures the performance of the financial services sector of the U.S. equity market. ProShare Advisors uses a mathematical approach to investing. It is non-diversified.Request Video of UVXY
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 50,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (50,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!