Weight Watchers International Inc (NYSE:WTW)
Old Forum Content for WTWMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Joe1927: @DAN $APRN I was in the foodservice business when the bagel craze started. Stores opened on every corner teaching the joy of water boiled bagels, then $DNKN put 2 pieces of equip. in their shops and overnight became the biggest bagel retailer. It didn’t take long to see for rent signs on a lot of street corners. I keep hearing about the threat from $AMZN which is real, but what about Omaha Steaks, or even $WTW, they both have databases of customers who already buy mail order food. Or maybe I’m missing the bigger picture again, I thought $NFLX was just a mail order Blockbuster Video and wouldn’t last a year.
- Bridget: Also surprised that $MCD is up today. Probably because $WTW is up again.
- ROSEY: @Joe1927 $APRN $DNKN $AMZN $WTW $NFLX R U still in the business, or should i ask....R U watching over the food business of all forms, from field to restaurants and grocers? Dp you have any comments on Kroger, Wendy's, Red Lobster?
- champ: $WTW ....still really strong.......
- bigbartabs: @champ $WTW ... for those holding this stock, I would watch weekly monthly volumes closely... and take profits when exhausted. It will probably be pretty obvious when the accumulation ends... FWIW
- RedLeaf1: $WTW up $7 after hours after reporting. Go Oprah!
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $WTW ---- Don't see any numbers at this time or guidance....looking....
- RedLeaf1: @champ $WTW Big 16 cent beat on earnings. Conference call starting shortly. Ist earnings report since new CEO took over.
- champ: $WTW --- Very nice move in the AH's on a beat of $0.17 and they also beat on revs by $12m and they guided higher....
- champ: $WTW ....I'm short this morning....for now.
- champ: @DAN $BIDU ----- Yes, most are always..... either to early or to late.....I just caught a great move on $WTW.... but OUT for now.
- Junior1: @champ $WTW wow, 3 bearish engulfing days in the last 6! ER tomorrow
- champ: @Junior1 $WTW ---- We can Thank $NTRI for this move...
- Robert1965: @champ $WTW I did the same only got 1/2 the order filled, 34.27. are you some taking profits,
- Robert1965: @Robert1965 $WTW out at 33.18
- champ: @Robert1965 $WTW--- I'm Out for now.... but watching.....
- champ: @woodman $NTRI --- Hard to know whats going to happen...I lost track of it today or I would have shorted the stock but I wouldn't swing after a drop, like it had today. However, now I'm watching $WTW because it could do the same...?... after they report or it could start before...but I really don't know about that either.
- woodman: @champ $NTRI $WTW - I've been holding $WTW as one of my larger positions for some time now. But I sold half today. I probably should have held closer to the earnings date next week, but I will be on vacation next week and decided to cut it now given the good profit and unpredictability of my schedule tomorrow and next week. But I may sell more before earnings.
- champ: @woodman $NTRI $WTW ---- As you know I have been in and out of $WTW, all the way back at the beginning and the @GreenGhosh give me hell when he was around....it was really funny at the time when I broke the News on Oprah, when she bought into the company and took that 10% stake in the company in 2015 and he said ...tell me that its not true.... that you bought into this lousy company and then it when right up. I think that I bought in at around $5 or $6 and it went right up to around $25 and I had size because I was adding at every $1. He was a real ass....a paper trader.
- Bridget: $WTW and $NTRI making a move high with earnings coming up.
- woodman: @Bridget $WTW $NTRI - $WTW has been an absolute gift. I bought it in the 16s and 17s. Protectively sold it before earnings in the 21s. Bought it back in the 22s and bought more in the 23s. Have held it since. I'm thinking of selling half before earnings and holding the other half through, but still working on the plan.
- bnnybklyn: @woodman $WTW $NTRI bought $WTW in the $70's years ago and didn't pay attention to stocks for years. Got smart last year and starting learning from SMM and sold when it hit below $10, which was a suggested Dan capitulation point. I now have a personal hatred, clearly misdirected, away from myself towards this stock. Win it woodman. Make it bow down to you on my behalf :)
- woodman: @bnnybklyn $WTW $NTRI - Sorry to hear it, and thanks for your encouragement. In the misery loves company department, I think we all have experienced a similar tale of woe at some point.
- bigbartabs: @woodman $WTW ... I'm still trying to figure out what the last W stands for. This thing is so damn strong, it must have something to do with a cuss word.
- gwenzee: @bigbartabs $WTW Have to help on this one. WT stands for weight. W stands for watchers. Hence, WTW.
- bigbartabs: @gwenzee $WTW ... stands for Weight Watchers?. Well, that's no fun.
- Bridget: #notes: Earnings after close or tomorrow morning: $STX $MCD $CAT $GOOGL $GM $AAOI - new high $BZUN - new high $WTW $NTRI - still working $JKS - flagging $CC - moving higher after flag $COHR $MOMO - higher volume $YY - chinese internet stocks up Breakouts: $PETS - on earnings $HON - after earnings $LITE - $VEEV - decent volume $NYT - ER on 7/27 $IONS $NXST $SBGI - starting to breakout IPOs $RETA - breakout and pullback $AKCS - still working, buy in the morning $BIVV - new high $RACE - working
- DrScience: @TRICIA $WTW Cramer always says that if you like a stock at, say, $20, you'll like it more at $10. The shorts liked $WTW at $25... They oughta love it now at $38!
- DAN: @DrScience $WTW Funny!
- champ: $WTW @ $36.60 ....down -$1.40 off the high. It could be time to take profits....I don't really know but I did take profits .......and I now have a #Short Spec position, for now and it seems to be working but I might cover at anytime.
- Junior1: $WTW Attention Option Premium sellers... very high Implied Vol on their options, though thinly traded. Check out the 4 Aug weekly. Maybe it's because they report earnings on the 3rd of Aug
- steve71: $WTW Weight Watchers still powers up. The founders really understand the American psyche with this product. Are you fat? Order some food at premium prices and eat it! Another option might be to EAT LESS FOOD, but where's the profit in that? Long. ER 8/3
- woodman: @steve71 $WTW - still long as well. It has been an amazing ride.
- TRICIA: $WTW -- how can this still be 30% short? Am I seeing this correctly?
- sierramp: @TRICIA $WTW TC2000 says 39.49% short
- DrScience: @TRICIA $WTW Inverse Cramer effect... They're selling more as the price goes up!
- TRICIA: @sierramp $WTW thanks Jim.... FIN VIZ shows 30% .... anybody else have something ....
- TRICIA: @DrScience $WTW ---- I don't know that effect ??? ..... Cramer had $AUPH CEO on last nite and stock is taking a dirt nap today....
- champ: @TRICIA $WTW --- One reason is...at some point this stock will turn to the down side because it tripled in the last 5 months and when it unwinds, it will happen really fast.....everyone will be shorting this stock and many are waiting....but for now its really strong.....its a hold.
- woodman: @TRICIA $WTW - 31% here, fwiw: http://shortsqueeze.com/?symbol=wtw&submit=Short+Quote™ And you can find the Daily Short Sale Volume here: http://shortvolume.com/
- steve71: $STT $WTW Forexpro mentioned State Street last week. It continues to outperform. ER 7/26 WeightWatchers continues it's climb. My approach has been adding to a core position with Buy-Writes. That has worked, except that the PPS keeps going above the strikes. ER 8/3
- steve71: $WTW Interesting behavior. On mediocre days in the market, $WTW is often up. On strong days, buyers ignore it. Overall trend is a winner. But I always picture Oprah stuffing a jelly doughnut in her face.
- woodman: @steve71 $WTW - I picture Oprah stuffing thousand dollar bills in her purse.
- woodman: $WTW - another leg up. Still holding mine.
- traderbren: @woodman $WTW - holding your leg! ;-) Nice trade.
- Bridget: $MCD and $WTW moving in sync again :)
- JBed: @Bridget $MCD $WTW LOL! Seesaw, like some diets.
- Robert1965: @Bridget $WTW this hasn't retreated since $19.00, almost 3 month run
- traderbren: @Bridget $MCD $WTW - Ha! You pointed this out once before. Must be those Mac D diets along with the apple pie to finish off the meal. ;-)
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $WTW yep, I got stopped out back in March and never got the guts to get back in. Just been watching it go up without me. Oh well.
- bnnybklyn: @Bridget $WTW Same for me. One of my first member actions was to tell Dan about my holding this for many many years after buying in the $70s and always thinking it would rebound - and also not knowing what I was doing. I asked him for advice and he said sell if it goes below $10. I'm so angry at the stock I can touch it, haha, oh well.
- captron: $WTW - Looks like it got into blue sky territory and pulled back. May be time to trim some.
- woodman: @captron $WTW - I thought yesterday may have been a top, but didn't sell any. Moving up again. Now in that blue sky that you mentioned. Still holding mine.
- genki: $WTW@Dan Hi Dan, WTW traded below VWAP. Should I take profit? Thanks.
- DAN: @genki $WTW I don't see that as a definitive "sell signal." But WTW is certainly strong. Just protect your position. If the stock starts moving below $32.70, then sell a little bit.
- genki: @DAN $WTW Thanks Dan.
- captron: $WTW - Squeeze still working.
- woodman: $WTW - ride over?
- issues: @woodman $WTW Everyone lost their weight! We're all slim now. This has had a fantastic run. It's rare to see a stock go up this much in such a short time. My only regret was that I didn't own some. So now I eat crow, but that's not the Weight Watchers Diet, is it?
- champ: @woodman $WTW ---- Could be, I'm trying to figure it out.... what would make it go higher or bounce....only News at this point and if the markets turns....many will just take profits. For that reason....I sold but you never know.
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - some financials showing bullish movement. I like $ALLY here. Also bought calls in $XLF. FAANG - got a bounce this morning but have since pulled back, seems like buyers are less enthusiastic at these levels. Many other good performers saw a bounce off their 50dma, but since have pulled back ($TAL). $EEM - gap up and holding at the top of the consolidation range $VMC - breaking out. 52 week high at $138.18. Moving averages turning up on daily $HCA - moving higher out of cup and handle $MRCY - phase 2 $OI - breakout $BC - new 52 week high $GLW - breakout $FN - short squeeze $RAD - short squeeze Stocks that look toppy: $W $TSM $MCD $AMAT $NVDA $LRCX $WTW $SWKS $TSLA
- maxabella: $WTW 30% short. Flying higher. I'm in at $28.50. Moving up the stop
- woodman: @maxabella $WTW - fun ride.
- maxabella: @woodman $WTW Giddee up! Thanks! New to the forum and loving every minute!
- woodman: @maxabella $WTW - Hi, and welcome. Careful with your WTW, depending on where you got in. I suspect many have been on this train for some time with a much lower entry than current prices. I've been in since the $16s-$17s range (with additions higher along the way) which, amazingly, really wasn't all that long ago (April 10-11). Some here have been in it longer than I and they have totally killed it.
- steve71: $WTW Performing well on strong early volume.
- dagdog: $WTW Short squeeze still working.
- Bridget: Notes: $XLV Health care, most are over extended $HUM - breakout and pullback $JUNO - coming out of base $TEVA - inverse H&S $LLY - working, but not too extended $THC - big move on volume today $AZN - breakout $SGMO - breakout $SINA $WB - gap down but found support $BZUN - still looks good $TAN - solar stocks up on border wall rumors, but this move looks over done, wait for pullback $WTW $MCD - both working, correlated perhaps? :) IPOs $CVNA - working $TRVG - coming out of flag $FND - zig zagging but working
- Bridget: Notes: Pretty quiet day. $XLV $XBI is up again, most other sectors down or flat $AMGN and $BMY seeing a bump $PLSE another new high, $SGMO looks promising $RUN and $VSLR - short squeeze $ORCL - breaking out, ER tomorrow after close $XRT is still getting crushed $COST - down again today $CMG - down big but resting at 200DMA $CTRL - at a good buy point $LMT - new 52 week high $MCD - new 52 week high $WTW - working $XOP $XLE down again today but seeing some bullish divergence. I'm not opening any bearish positions here.
- justinp: @Bridget $XLV $XBI $AMGN $BMY $PLSE $SGMO $RUN $VSLR $ORCL $XRT $COST $CMG $CTRL $LMT $MCD $WTW $XOP $XLE The timing is great on these summaries - very helpful.
- woodman: $WTW still strong.
- dagdog: @woodman $WTW Hi Woodman...it is...and with such a high short interest hopefully it will keep going a bit. Just a bit extended though.
- Robert1965: @woodman $WTW Thanks for your comments last several weeks
- Bridget: Notes: Breakouts: $TWLO $PRAH $WTW $ETSY $PLSE $JBT $BSX $CG $CARB $CMI $CE $EVRI $GRUB $EW $HIIQ - phase 2 $XLF - still working $XBI - biotech is working and breaking out on the weekly chart $WYNN $MGM $LVS - new 52 week highs, $LQ alert at $15.40 $AFL $MET $CI $AET - insurance still working At a Good Buy Point: $VRTX $MTSI $SINA $DDD $PYPL
- issues: @woodman $WTW good chart! Classic! What a ride from the lows!! Congrats Woodie!
- dagdog: $WTW Continuing it's move from yesterday. HUGE short interest....
- dagdog: $WTW - All time high. Above prior resistance of $28. High short interest. Watch for continued move higher.
- Bridget: @dagdog $WTW Also, $NTRI regained the 50dMA. This is on the IBD50 list, ranked 1st in its sector.
- dagdog: $WTW Short squeeze starting
- woodman: @dagdog $WTW - Nice! It's been a good one. Except for a couple days in May, I've been holding this one since April 10 (with a couple adds along the way).
$WTW - breakout, $NTRI looking good too
$PETS - breakout
$MAS - breakout
$ALL - breakout
- dagdog: $WTW above prior all time high. High short interest. Could be just getting started.
- woodman: $WTW still working.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $WTW Weight Watchers International Inc. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=WTW&clip=85391
- tejas7: $WTW Damn. I wish I didn't watch the weight of this in my portfolio for my day trade. Riding small starter position,
- woodman: @tejas7 $WTW - still holding mine. Bought in early April, sold just before earnings (not wanting to risk holding through) and missed the earnings pop, but bought it back on the pullback after earnings. Now just enjoying the ride.
- tejas7: @woodman $WTW oh. I exited before earnings too, completely. I got in this morning. But only with small position
- champ: @woodman $WTW --- Smart move good work on the hold, NP I sold near that last hi. The News is that they....want to pre-pay some loans that $JPM and the Bank of Nova Scotia are holding at a discount. Looks like this is a smart way for companies to get a nice bounce in their stock, with type of announcement, I'm sure others will now follow.
- woodman: @champ $WTW $JPM - Thanks for the info, and for your posts on this one in the past. I'm sure your posts caught my interest previously.
- woodman: $WTW added yesterday because, apparently, it is not done going up.
- woodman: $WTW - I like the flag.
- woodman: $WTW - I did well with this one going into earnings, but sold before not wanting to risk it. It's extended still but looks like it wants to go higher (post earnings phase 3 here?). I bought some back not long ago, on its pullback to VWAP.
- woodman: The #Earnings swings in some I had have been nuts. I sold $WTW and $EXTR before earnings, both of which rocketed up. I also sold $DDD and $GKOS both of which took a beating. And those are just examples.
- woodman: @Henry $gkos - I hear you Henry. I sold $GKOS $EXTR and $DDD today for the same reason. I had $WTW but sold yesterday before earnings. While it's a bummer I didn't hold WTW, for every WTW big-popper there's a $TWLO $IPHI collapse. I'd hate that kind of a loss more than I'd like the $WTW kind of pop.
- issues: @woodman $gkos $GKOS $EXTR $DDD $WTW $TWLO $IPHI Excellent suggestion! I will sell also! Birds of a feather succeed together, right? Hey Woody, did we ever decide when $ESPR is going to confess! Did they ever say when they'll report earnings?
- woodman: $WTW reports after the bell.
- woodman: $WTW storming higher after hours. I sold mine at the close before the earnings. Oh well.
- DAN: @woodman $WTW If it had tanked to $18, you'd be a genius. Now...you just took profits because the risk was pretty high. Ka ching!
- Robert1965: $WTW shorts were not covering today
|Stock Price||$USD 45.27|
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations.Request Video of WTW
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 28th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 35.71 3.91%
- $USD 87.91 2.14%
- $USD 26.25 2.08%
- $USD 49.34 -17.69%
- $USD 54.50 -14.94%
- $USD 45.52 -0.90%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 51,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (51,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!