Acacia Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:ACIA)
Old Forum Content for ACIAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $ACIA . Long calls took profits
- Motorman: @bRobert $ACIA You must have a crystal ball!
- bRobert: @Motorman $ACIA Flux capacitor . good to see ya.
- Motorman: @bRobert $ACIA Likewise. ;)
- DAN: $ACIA -- Adding Acacia ($ACIA) to the growth stock list.
- barajelda: @DAN $ACIA Dan have not been able to find the growth list where do you have it?
- issues: @DAN $ACIA Wow ACIA is a real rocket ship. Dan, are you adding it to the grow list based on the chart or fundies,or both?
- DAN: @issues $ACIA both. will explain in video
- DAN: @barajelda $ACIA See attached. On right side of the forum page.
- bRobert: $ACIA I have outlined this technical set up many times since January. . The meaured move target on the daily was $52 (44 - 36) + 44 = $52 We closed at $55. today. I used the good batch of tea leaves. for this interpretation. The WEEKLY measured move is to $65 ( $45 neckline - $25 head ) 45 = $65 MMtT I am still long with a raised stop after taking partial profits today. Buy in scales. Sell in scales . It allows you to continue participating in a mega stock run with reduced risk due to reductions in stock with incrimental profit taking
- tnt: @bRobert $ACIA Great advice about buying and selling in scales. Locking in some partial profits on large run allows you to feel the success of profit and buying shares back cheaper on a dip makes you feel like you are getting sale prices while all the while continuously participating and not feeling left out. This is something I have incorporated the past couple years successfully enormously increasing my performance. Well said bRobert.
- bRobert: @tnt $ACIA A lot dependes upon the current market environment. IWhen bulls rule, bullish chart patterns complete in sequence. Breakouts succeed and you have continuation , consolidation. Rinse repeat. In a harsh environment, breakouts are sold visciously in order to raise cash to weather the storm. Bearish patterns play out with great success. Any bullish trade in motion sees quick profit taking. Short and sweet. Know which way the wind is blowing before you trade and adjust accordingly.
1. $ACIA – ADDING THIS TO GROWTH STOCK LIST. Look at weekly chart. Cloud infrastructure. High speed fiber optics. Huge beat on earnings/sales. 52% EPS growth yoy, 24% rev growth yoy. EPS at .41 cents vs. 35 cents estimates. That&rsq ...
- bRobert: $ACIA . Mentioned before . $44+ .
- bRobert: $ACIA nice base. ooze out $54+ reversal target
- Motorman: $ACIA inv H&S just above 50, no love :)
- bRobert: $ACIA $50+ measured move. Neckline $43 Small now. Add with bullish follow through on pb/bounces
- bRobert: $ACIA . Reversal target $52 . Neckline $44 . I like the WEEKLY .bottom. I like round bottoms
- bRobert: $ACIA . Watching for breakout resumption. p3.... WEEKLY inv h&s target $50+ . . Long term hold.
- bRobert: $BA $SPR $LMT $CAT $MMM $DE $AAPL $IBM $MELI $CELG $GILD $AMGN $BMY $AGN $JNJ $REGN $VRTX $NVS $GILD $CF $XLE $CVX $UNG $GLD/$GDX $UNH $XLU $DIS $DISCA $QCOM $INTC $CSCO $MASI $BSX Some things that are working. Several others treaded water after nice runs. eg $CI $CNC $ANTM . $TMO . $GOOGL $ACIA No cannabis stocks listed Several themes represented here should continue to work . Dillinger robbed banks because that's where the money lived. Follow the stocks with positive price action. That's where the money is.
- traderbren: @bRobert $BA $SPR $LMT $CAT $MMM $DE $AAPL $IBM $MELI $CELG $GILD $AMGN $BMY $AGN $JNJ $REGN $VRTX $NVS $CF $XLE $CVX $UNG $GLD $GDX $UNH $XLU $DIS $DISCA $QCOM $INTC $CSCO $MASI $BSX $CI $CNC $ANTM $TMO $GOOGL $ACIA Thanks for the post. Holding many of the stocks listed.
- phgruver: @issues $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $W ...
- Wykeman: @bRobert $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH ? My eyes are wide open. And I do have positions in other sectors. I choose not to publish every position, or trade I have in this forum. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH Neither do I. But when I hear other influential members take an overly cautious attitude and say there's nothing to invest in RHRN , I feel a bit obliged .
- issues: @bRobert $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH Everything seems so pricey! Stocks are so expensive. I remember when stocks where under $40 or $50 /share. Now they're all over $100 and $200 and some go into the stratosphere where they fetch $400 on up. Wow. I think it's inflation, don't you?
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO You have energy, healthcare IBB XLV . devices $ABMD $ALGN ,HMOs $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC . etc . $ILMN $TMO $XLI industrials eg $BA $LMT $$GD $AVAV .$CAT .$URI etc, $XLK still works . $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA . $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT Clouds . $CRM $NOW . $TTD . Retail $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD . Food $MCD $DPZ $DIN . etc . $XME $CF . $CLF . $HACK . $FTNT $PANW . Transports $FDX $UAL RAILS $UNP $NSC etc Trucking $ODFL $XPO $XLF . $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ . Down the road $C $JPM I'm leaving things out but this is a good snapshot of what is working. Entertainment . $DIS $NFLX $DISCA $SNE $TTWO Romance $MTCH . A lot is working if you open your eyes. That's why the averages are printing nh's
- bRobert: @shoredriver $AAOI #Black_Swan_Event $ACIA Much more civilized chart .
- bRobert: $ACIA Small inv h&s close to triggering with $44+ target 1 Neckline $41 Long from below
- KemoSabe: $ACIA - Breaking out on more than average volume. A bRobert stock.
- bRobert: @KemoSabe $ACIA Shorts 8d to cover . Will help a bit.
- eperin: @bRobert $ACIA - I spotted this on my own and got in yesterday. Afterwards I noted all of your prior posts on the stock. Let me just say that I really value your posts and that I think you are an amazing resource in the forum. You are the man!
- bRobert: $TWLO $ACIA Both squeezing. High targets. Long term holds.
- eperin: $ACIA Good setup?
- bRobert: @eperin $ACIA VERY.
- bRobert: $ACIA Look a the WEEKLY chart. Nice rounded bottom. I see a lot of $$$ in this chart over the long term Daily getting more bullish by the day. Slow steady ascent. "golden cross" . Moving averages lined up in order. Pinching This should get perkier >$42 Long term hold.
- bRobert: $TWLO $ACIA Long term holds $TWLO $100+ $ACIA $50 to start
- bRobert: $TWLO Strong $ACIA same, Long term holds High targets. Add on pb/b
- bRobert: $CASA . Long term hold after the classic high volume capitulation. plunge. I like the underlying business. Base in place. This is a long term hold. You will probably look back a year from now and say,, man . I could have, should have. .Similar to my Phoenix twins $TWLO $ACIA . Two very high flyers that crashed ,burned and rose from the ashes.
- jeffslm: @bRobert $CASA $TWLO $ACIA - Right there with you on CASA and I added this morning. I have TWLO at much lower prices in size and loving it. Same scenario as CASA.
- bRobert: @jeffslm $CASA $TWLO $ACIA $TWLO was the first stock I purchased after the FEB market swoon. It made a power move from $25 - $35 while the rest of the market was caving in. A huge tell. More than a double . $100+ ahead
- bRobert: $ACIA $TWLO Tight trading range. Preparing for trek to higher altitudes. Everest base camp.
- bRobert: $TWLO $100+ target $ACIA Set up for big move. Long term holds
- bRobert: $TWLO $ACIA Twins going higher $TWLO $100+ $ACIA $46/$52
- bRobert: $ACIA $TWLO Batman and Robin are back . Both great long term holds with very high upside. $TWLO $100+ $ACIA $target 1 $50 MUCH higher long term as optical heats up. $OCLR setting up
- bRobert: $ACIA Setting up very nicely. Alert > . $41
- bRobert: $ACIA $TWLO . very tight consolidation >20d. Both going much higher . $TWLO $100+ . $ACIA . $50 . Higher long term .
- bRobert: $ACIA Keep on your watch list. Setting up nicely for a squeeze breakout. .
- bRobert: $ACIA . Squeeze. Optical sector hot. Long term hold . Waiting for this one to boil. Weekly rounded bottom. Reversal pattern Target 1 $50
- bRobert: $ACIA Added to long term hold. Stop on add just < 20d.
- bRobert: $ACIA . getting close to a breakout. Tight consolidation
- bRobert: $ACIA . LONG term hold. Weekly reversal pattern $53 target 1 . Add on pb/bounce. This sector is heating up.
- bRobert: $CASA . I think mi $CASA es su $CASA . very soon. Bottoming action almost done. I like a nice round bottom. 50d in the neighborhood. When this starts trading >50d interest/momentum will accelerate. Patient long term hold. $TWILIO got ahead of its skiis after a meteoric IPO rise along with $ACIA . Look at $TWLO now.
- bRobert: $CIEN pop on earnings Target acquired . Look for pin action in optical. eg $ACIA $LITE $AAOI
- bRobert: $ACIA Adding on pb/bounces LONG term hold. Look at weekly. I expect to see that nice round base to continue climbing. These are momentum stocks and can heat up very quickly as we are starting to see eg $LITE Target 1 $55
- alwayslearning: @bRobert $LITE $ACIA $AAOI thanks for this note...took $AAOI...working very nice
- bRobert: $ACIA Keep this one on your watch list. It has carved out a nice bottom / island reversal. Look at the WEEKLY Now trading above the 50Week. This has a lot of runway ahead. This was a triple digit high flyer that is turning things around. No rush but it is likely to be much higher same time next year. This is a long term starter position. The optical sector is starting to heat up. This one won't be left out of the party.
- bRobert: $LITE . add on pb/bounces Target $68+ . $ACIA WEEKLY flag . Target $50 . $AAOI . flag . $50 target
- Nepenthe: @bRobert $ACIA By the way, I think this was a ticker you had mentioned awhile ago. Thank you for that. Upgrade today. Cheers.
- bRobert: $ACIA breakout. 10d to cover. $45+ target 1 $TWLO and $ACIA used to be a very hot tandem . History can repeat
- bRobert: @Nepenthe $ACIA Yes I did. But I mention many
- bRobert: $ACIA Watching. Recent gap breakout . Weekly bottoming action.
- bRobert: $ACIA . 10d to covert Phase 3
- Nepenthe: @bRobert $ACIA The only two green stocks in my meager portfolio, $ACIA and $RH, are both from your posts. Thank you for that. If I might ask, what do you mean by "10d to covert?" Do you think this will have 10 more days to run before Phase 3 exhausts itself? Or to cover shorts? Just curious. Cheers.
- bRobert: $ACIA short squeeze potential Flag Tandem act of ACIA and TWLO working well again. These were two very hot IPOs before they crashed
- bRobert: $ACIA phase 3 watch. 12+ days to cover
- bRobert: $LITE doing some heavy lifting. >50d Other opticals are perky $IIVI $ACIA $FNSR $VG
- bRobert: $ACIA Pop Short squeeze possibility 12d to cover Came out of long base
- bRobert: @phgruver $AAOI Just in a trading range right now. Nothing wrong. Lot of people anxious for this to break out. Not ready yet. $LITE $ACIA perky charts.
- bRobert: $LITE $AAOI Long . Will add with breakout confirmation pullback/bounce $ACIA Keep an eye on.
- bRobert: $AAOI $LITE $ACIA . Watching for bullish follow through in several set ups. Low risk/high reward
- mrmike: @bRobert $AAOI $LITE $ACIA Also watching $AAOI. What price are you looking to get in at?
- mrmike: @bRobert $AAOI $LITE $ACIA Stop around 44.25 I'm in @47.50
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE I like the chart because of all the positives. But will wait until it proves itself. Thanks for your analysis. Appreciated.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI There are multiple bullish patterns in play in several time frames. Weekly started with a small inv h&s pattern (25 head $35 neckline) that completed to $45 . Now a larger one with neckline around $50. >$50 . trigger pr ...
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE See targets at $56, $65 and $75. (round numbers)
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI $ACIA $LITE that's not a bad play. You don't have to be early. If the move is real, it will have legs and it will be easy to jump aboard. You don't have to catch the whole move to be successful. Arriving a little later and leaving a little early from the party catches the meat of the trade.
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE I don't pick bottoms and don't call tops. You are so right in going for the fat middle.
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE Guess I should have said "intermediate" targets. I will let the chart and price action dictate my moves.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI $ACIA $LITE Price action is the only truth. Everything else is theory and perhaps good cocktail party conversation. More lucrative being an experimental physicist than a theoretical one . The charts are the studies that prove the theory.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI $ACIA $LITE My wife gets angry if I look at too many tops and bottoms ;)
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE You might tell her that when you stop looking is when she should worry. My husband loved women but always went home with me.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI $ACIA $LITE She gets angry when I look at too many charts. Starts to feel neglected.
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE That's twice you said she gets angry. Take her to her favorite restaurant. Give her a couple of dozen red roses and a box of her favorite chocolates. Works every time. And....most of all tell her you love her EVERY DAY.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAOI $ACIA $LITE We have a very good relationship. Most important lesson ...I'd rather be happy than right.
- gwenzee: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE Good attitude.
- tigerjohn8: @bRobert $AAOI $ACIA $LITE I can't even get away with looking at head and shoulders
- bRobert: @tigerjohn8 $AAOI $ACIA $LITE That can mark the top in the relationship and your neckline cut. ;) . Don't go short. Better to be happy than right. Honey, I don't know what I was thinking.
- JBed: $OCLR up 9% pre market on ZTE news...$ACIA up 18%. Long $OCLR.
- Graphicsguy85: @DAN $ACIA Wish I would have taken a position back then...Being so new just wanted to see if taking your lessons and applied them to practical application would work. Seems like on this one, I had the right knowledge to help me make an educated guess. Gonna research tomorrow but Earnings is on 5/3. I've heard you say holding over earnings is a tough one but after a gigantic sell of on the 16th I think its on its way back higher. It is already up over 14% since the 16th and decent volume which I would take as people panicked at first buy now are buying back into it? What are your thoughts @DAN
- Graphicsguy85: $ACIA closed way down yesterday, just a beginners point of view, but I put alerts at around 26 & 28 to see if it bounces back up. Closed out below Bollinger +/- 3, could make a correction. My opinion is not a buy yet but if it starts to move up could be ripe for a small profit on a quick trade. (Also could be very wrong)
- DAN: @Graphicsguy85 $ACIA I think you're right on the money. I'll be looking at ACIA tonight.
- stocking: $bmy $acia anyone know why these two crashed today?
- Ajax4Hire: @stocking $bmy $acia I see that today a "Research Team" updated $BMY to "Reduce" on Think-or-Swim Analyze section.
- stocking: @Ajax4Hire $bmy $acia $BMY Thank you!
- tri2insite: @stocking $bmy $acia US Commerce dept banning sales from optical companies to Chinese firm ZTE
- Ajax4Hire: @stocking $bmy $acia Also from Think-or-Swim Analyze section; a "Research Team" updated $ACIA(Acacia Communications) to "Reduce". And "The Street" updated on 2018-04-08_Sun to "Sell". "MarketEdge" has a C-Rate(whatever that means) and SCORE=-2; Stock shows Mildly Deteriorating Conditions.
- phgruver: @stocking $bmy $acia $MRK released some late-stage cancer trial results that looked better than those released by $BMY. Drugs tend to be an all-or-nothing market, so good news for $MRK is bad news for rivals. (Don't know anything about $ACIA) Actually, $BMY has been getting beaten up a lot, lately, and may be near a #VALUE buy point. My last buy was at $56, do this drop puts me a little bit underwater on that add, although overall, I still in the green.
- champ: @JBed $OCLR --- This stock is dropping because of negatives news....also $ACIA...be aware.
- Danzguy: $ACIA I don't see any chatter about this stock but I've tracked it since it's runaway IPO a couple years ago. Anyway, it is rising from the ashes of the drop, last Friday. FWIW
- tri2insite: @Danzguy $ACIA I've been following but NP. Seems like it might be getting some short covering after the drop. Buy?
|Stock Price||$USD 47.31|
Acacia Communications Inc is engaged in delivering coherent optical interconnect products that transform communications networks, relied upon by cloud infrastructure operators and content and communication service providers.Request Video of ACIA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 1st, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 8.85 66.31%
- $USD 5.19 13.16%
- $USD 188.54 12.50%
- $USD 5.96 -50.65%
- $USD 17.49 -41.14%
- $USD 5.84 -34.43%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!