Achaogen Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAO)
Old Forum Content for AKAOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: @spmeyers $TTPH $PRTK $MLNT $AKAO $NBRV $MTFB $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO #Antibiotics - I think your paramaters for/definition of a break of the 50 day are too precise. The way I look at it, it has held the 50 day.
- woodman: $TTPH - In a good spot here. Buy the dips, sell the rips on this one. New #Antibiotics bill may pull up the entire antibiotics sector if it gets traction. This is regarded as an important bill. http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2018/06/bipartisan-bill-proposes-new-pull-incentives-priority-antibiotics Other antibiotics stocks: $PRTK $MLNT $AKAO $NBRV $MTFB $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO
- steve71: @woodman $TTPH $PRTK $MLNT $AKAO $NBRV $MTFB $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO #Antibiotics That Prize concept is really interesting. A problem not mentioned is that new antibiotics are often barely used in order to protect them from rapid resistance. Sometimes they are available only in hospital and only after an Infectious Disease consult. With low volumes, it may take a decade to recover development costs. But using the Prize to extend exclusivity on other more profitable drugs is a smart inducement. Would be good to see the potential gains quantified.
- woodman: @steve71 $TTPH $PRTK $MLNT $AKAO $NBRV $MTFB $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO #Antibiotics - Thanks for your thoughts, as always. Check out the intraday chart for TTPH today.
- spmeyers: @woodman $TTPH $PRTK $MLNT $AKAO $NBRV $MTFB $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO #Antibiotics thx for that list to watch; break of 50-day concerns me on TTPH though
- woodman: #Antibiotics companies $AKAO $NBRV $TTPH $MTFB $PRTK $MLNT $CDTX $SCYX $SPRO: FDA and CMS under discussion for new reimbursement model to create incentives for the development of novel antimicrobial drugs. https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm610503.htm Very interesting news for antibiotics stocks.
- woodman: $AKAO pinching between rising 50 day and descending 200 day.
- woodman: $AKAO running into PDUFA 6/25 despite a mixed bag on its recent FDA Advisory Committee decision (yes to cUTI (should be approved); no to bloodstream infections but which may still see off-label prescribing if not approved, and not a lot of good alternatives out there given antibiotic resistance so, some folks are praying, the FDA may approve notwithstanding the AdComm).
- woodman: $AKAO bought this today for a run into PDUFA. Moving very well. $TTPH - hit my stop; I'm out of that one.
- woodman: $PRTK and $TTPH - could get a boost if $AKAO's AdCom goes well.
- shoredriver: $AKAO fugly...NP
- JonSeale: Anyone here into biotech stocks? As an RN, I was interested in reading about $AKAO just for the science, but it looks really really REALLY promising. And the FDA decision re its promising antibiotic for carbapenem resistant drugs is due by June 25. That's days away only...ok like two months. My question is r/t FDA decision timing. I read decision would be "by June 25," so can it come earlier though? Thanks for any insight you can provide.
- DavidM: @JonSeale $AKAO I can't profess to know much about the FDA decision process, but I clearly recall those who know more stating that these can be and frequently are announced prior to the published date.
- JonSeale: @DavidM $AKAO ty. As you probably already know, "super bugs" are a real bad problem. The only issue here is that this antibiotic will also be abused inevitably, and the bacteria become immune. This drug won't last forever, but it can probably make some people pretty rich.
- woodman: $AKAO - breakout from ~4 month base.
- TRICIA: $AKAO - FDA Acceptance of New Drug Application with Priority Review for Plazomicin for Treatment of Complicated Urinary Tract Infections and Bloodstream Infections AND Positive Top-Line Results from First Clinical Trial of Orally-Administered Antibacterial Candidate C-Scape ...... am very long AKAO and in the red because I would not sell (the stupid gene is alive and well in my bones) at any rate ... the short interest is crazee ... hoping that bodes well for me.... Priority review PDUFA is June 2018 so this is going to move .....my PT is 29 - 33 .... depending ....
- rck89: @TRICIA $AKAO NIce to see your post! Hope that you are well . Would you expect any indications - up or down - for this drug from the FDA (or any other influential group, conference, etc) before June? Thanks.
- michaelH: @TRICIA $AKAO Not sure how you come up with that price target; chart looks awful. Too many better places to be, even in biotech!
- TRICIA: #IDweek2017 hey all, the bug stocks are presenting today..$AKAO, $TTPH, $PRTK, and a few others it helps that the $IBB, $XBI, $LABU are strong ---- The 3 I mentioned have significant catalysts 4thQ17 and 1Q18 ....
- issues: @TRICIA $AKAO $TTPH $PRTK $IBB $XBI $LABU #IDweek2017 Thank you Tricia. I thought we had lost you. I remember your picture here in the Forum with your baby years ago. Your baby is probably now a toddler or older.... I think the best of the bios is $XBI (up 11% in 3 months compared to $Ibb 8%) from looking at the charts. We have 1/2 in $XBI, sold $ibb last month. Hold many in that sector and bought $CELG today thanks to our dear mentor Dan and his post today.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN any take on $AKAO ? Riding the top of the BB after a bit of a squeeze - I added a bit today. is that some Doji action, btw ? #newbie
- Sher: @bnnybklyn $AKAO #newbie - Actually, it's more of a "hangman" candlestick, since it's occurring during an uptrend - Google "Top Ten Candlestick Patterns" and save it to your desktop for quick reference.
- bnnybklyn: @Sher $AKAO #newbie Thank you! And that doesn't sound good - I did look it up...yep.
- bnnybklyn: $AKAO in for a swing and looking for $26+
- efrain007: $AKAO trying to break out of a base
- efrain007: $AKAO looking for all time high
- efrain007: $AKAO what a ride :(
- JBed: $AKAO continuing its steady move from the recent pullback. Not much in the way of volume, though. I have a partial position from slightly higher than current price.
- JBed: $AKAO Breaking out from 10+ day of basing off the highs. Up 5 %. Have a position in my IRA.
- woodman: @steve71 $CALA $AKAO - $CALA and all small biotechs are all only short term trades for me now. I don't trust the CEOs; manipulators push them around; I don't believe anyone who thinks they truly understand the company or the fate of its drug(s) (I t ...
- steve71: @woodman $CALA $AKAO You have a good feel for those short term moves. Wish I did.
- woodman: @steve71 $CALA $AKAO - That's what I always say about daytraders. I can't do what they do (well, at least what the successful ones do).
- bnnybklyn: @woodman $AKAO Won't stop rhrn...are you trading this or holding ?
- spmeyers: $AKAO looking good
- woodman: @bnnybklyn $AKAO - sorry didn't see your post below. I sold half following the spike up earlier today. It's getting near that recent high, and it's had a nice move over the small period since I bought it at/around the 50 day (at 21.14 and 22.16).
- bnnybklyn: $AKAO Doubled position size this morning. good timing.
- woodman: @bnnybklyn $AKAO - yeah, it's working. I doubled up mine yesterday, though I started with a pretty small position. It really moved hard today on news that Robert Duggin took a 5.7% stake. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1055919/000092189517000857/sc13d06922ach_03272017.htm
- woodman: $AKAO may be done moving down.
- DAN: @woodman $AKAO what's the back story on this stock, woodman? I don't know anything about it. I do agree with you...as long as it holds above that recent low around $19.50ish.
- woodman: @DAN $AKAO - it's a biotech in the field of antibacterials to treat multi-drug resistant (MDR), gram-negative infections. It popped on 12/12, and kept going until 3/13, on positive results from two Phase 3 studies of its plazomicin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic. It is moving ahead with an NDA (New Drug Approval) and expects approval decisions in the U.S. in 2H17 and in Europe in 2018. Here is some info: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3229914-achaogens-plazomicin-successful-late-stage-studies-u-s-marketing-application-tap-h2-2017 http://biopharmcatalyst.com/company/akao http://biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar
- DAN: @woodman $AKAO Ah, thanks for the info, woodman. Appreciate it.
- JBed: $AKAO breaking out after resting a couple of days.
- Spotdog: @JBed $AKAO Thanks for the heads up
- JBed: $AKAO breaking out here above 26 after a few days of consolidation.
- shoredriver: $AKAO....up 7% so far today
- JBed: @shoredriver $AKAO I think you talked about this name a month ago. I got in...and it's up 33% since then. I owe ya!
- shoredriver: @JBed $AKAO glad you are in......
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I recommend buying on this pullback: $WB - stop at $49.50 $X - stop at $35 $TWLO - stop at $31 $AON - stop at $115 Stocks that are working: $MRK $BA $PNW - ER this morning $AKAO $MMM $AMT - ER 2/27 $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC Breakouts: $EXC $T - almost $COR $PEG Possible Shorts: $HDS $CNX #IPOs working $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL
- woodman: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Nice post. Thanks.
- drmike54: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Thanks, Bridget.......very helpful.......
- spmeyers: $AKAO breaking higher; but too extended?
- spmeyers: $AKAO knocking on the breakout door
- Geewhiz: $PEB $AKAO One going up one going down Took my eyes off $PEB after a prudent stop took my position out (at a good profit) @ 29. $AKAO plunged today and my prudent stop saved a profit from going to a loss. May re-enter $PEB Good dividend 4.85% Not sure what $AKAO tanked. Value of stops.
- TRICIA: $AKAO .... long term hold.. antibiotic ...2 + PhIII studies .... nice move today... !18.62.PPS $TTPH is potential competion .... Long $AKAO
- issues: @TRICIA $AKAO good chart, good work Tric!
- JBed: $AKAO Someone posted on this 2 days ago. I bought some and it's up 11% since then. Just wanted to send out a huge thanks for the valuable info!
- vfr777: @debeers $GKOS $AKAO bought today based on your posting and am up 9%. Thanks.
$AKAO- I listened to the healthcare call and the accent was a toughie for me but i think I owe you more info on this stock
Achaogen, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and commerc ...
debeers: $AKAO & $EXAS=Will not be in the usual crosshairs of what the POTUS elect says he';s going to target.
1. $EXAS-Poop-in-a- box is a heckuva lot less expense than hiring a surgeon to do a colonoscopy and its for low risk patients. Colon cancer cla ...
- debeers: $AKAO $EXAS-Neither broke down today. 1 up over 4%, the other advancing 5%.
- tejas7: $UNG Stopped out. Added position on $AKAO last week is paying for it.
- debeers: $AKAO-Patiently waited for a bit of a pb on this one: They have 2---Phase III approvals already booked for anti bacterials. Waiting on FDA later this year. I don't know about you', but holding my breath on these "phases" is nerve-wracking. I much prefer just waiting for the FDA meeting as there were no objections to be resolved and infections in hospitals can kill you. Hospitals, lets face it, are no place for sick people: too many chances for bacterial resistant infections.The world, it appears. will need new "Myecins" for a long long time. 22 is the Leerink pin on this one.
- Aragorn: $AKAO - 8ema support moving up
- Aragorn: $AKAO went from Red to Green obviously the secondary is being handled well.
- traderbren: @Aragorn $AKAO - interesting to note that the stock is still HTB....more squeeze action!
- coldevinc: @Aragorn $AKAO If you are in hope you are taking profits. Nice move. Missed that one. Kudos
- Aragorn: @traderbren $AKAO yes but some people are able to get a borrow, this was a short no trade forme
- Motorman: @champ $Akao thanks for the trade, out today on PB, small profit, now up more
- champ: @Motorman $Akao - I'm back in this morning ....and it should continue to climb... as shorts keep moving in and out....once they get out of the way...the stock could settle down. I'm looking at the daily 15 minute chart for direction.
- Motorman: @champ $Akao I saw your original post, but could not watch it and finally got in yest at 12.76, held into today and saw spike, and PB so sold. I thought the 8 day EMA is what we watch for these stocks.
- TRICIA: $AKAO ---- inmho, not done... going to $20 ... in short term ... but realize that actual drug sales are a year away .... cUTI's (complicated urinary tract infections can kill you even at a young age )
- rj7150: @TRICIA $AKAO Nice to see you back here! The one thing I have noticed is that it isn't easy for some of these research companies to go from stage 3 success to profit from sales. Many of them seem better served to sell to a big dog that has a sales department, distribution etc in place. I sold yesterday to soon after a long underwater hold. I lost control when It went green. I only have a couple dogs left, one being $CEMP.
- TRICIA: DEC Data in Bio --- $OPHT Ph3 - fail $ACAD ADP $AKAO Ph3 - win x's 2 $ANTH Ph3 $CERC Ph2 $HZNP FA $LXRX Ph3 $PRTO Ph3 $SGYP Ph3 $TXMD Ph3 $RHHBY ACE910
- champ: $AKAO up 74% on News this morning......with volume...I have a Spec trade working this morning....for now.
- Bridget: $AKAO continues to climb. Check out the 5min chart for the squeeze breakout on an increase in volume. That was your entry for this next leg higher. Will close my position before EOD.
- champ: @Bridget $AKAO ---Yes, up over 95% now ...on volume...I posted earlier....still holding full position on this news...this could climb a lot higher....but I sure don't know.
- bnnybklyn: @champ $AKAO jeez, up 120% - I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to get invovled up 95% - oh well, haha
- champ: $AKAO ....up 130% now...still working...
- champ: $AKAO up 140%
- Marcelomex: @champ $AKAO thanks, you are the champ!!
- champ: @Marcelomex $AKAO up 150% ...took profits on 1/2 ....going to swing the other 1/2.....because this is really good news.
- Henry: @champ $AKAO Secondary Alert
- champ: @Henry $AKAO --- OUT --- Thanks....for the heads-up....might be OK but I can't hold on Secondary news...good post.
Aragorn: @champ $AKAO nice
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Dec. 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Achaogen, Inc. (AKAO), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel antibacterials addressing multi-drug resistant (MDR) gram-negative infections, today a ...
- Henry: @champ $AKAO $TASR You are welcome. I never found the $TASR post but I see they lost a patent dispute. I did not know there was competition in the zapping industry. It has now filled the gap but it looks like a revisit of 22 is on the horizon
- champ: @Henry $AKAO $TASR - That post was about the news on 12/7 the morning of the drop. The last time $MSI won another bid...the stock continue dropping for awhile...is what I said and I also said some are saying that their camera could be better for less ...
- maratom71: @Aragorn $AKAO Thanks, was looking hard at this one.
- woodman: $AKAO - #6 on the biotech disaster lunch special menu, just below $CEMP.
- sincity45: @woodman $AKAO $CEMP #6 Any news on $AKAO still holding a large position.
- woodman: @sincity45 $AKAO $CEMP - not sure what went down at IDWeek this week. http://www.idweek.org/exhibitor-list/ Its plazomicin is in phase 3 for cUTI, with an NDA scheduled in 2017. But, specifically, I don't know what happened to drop it 25% in two days.
- sincity45: @woodman $AKAO $CEMP Does the 200ma a better entry or take a nibble today. Thanks for your response.
- woodman: [EDITED] @sincity45 $AKAO $CEMP Wish I could direct you. All I can say is that it is holding the 50 day now. But I don't know if this is trading technically or not, because I don't know if there is news driving it down. Particularly in the biotech world, news trumps technicals. If you decide to nibble, used today's intraday low as your stop reference (i.e. a stop a little below that). Personally, I'd prefer to wait until next week and wouldn't buy today. Sorry I can't be much help.
- sincity45: @woodman $AKAO $CEMP You have helped plenty, took a very small position today and wait till next week to add.
- woodman: $AKAO another antibiotics biotech. Creeping up the 8dEMA. Long.
- woodman: $AKAO still working.
- woodman: $AKAO - careful here. Second shooting star day in a row. Still hasn't breached yesterday's low, but could be time to get out.
- woodman: $AKAO Stopped out of mine today.
- woodman: $AKAO still working.
- woodman: $AKAO - Phoenix Stock in the resistant antibiotics therapeutic area. Think CEMP. No data due until 1Q17, so no surprises in near future that I am aware of. I like the drug area and the chart.
|Stock Price||$USD 3.75|
Achaogen Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company develops, discovers and commercializes antibacterials to treat multi-drug resistant gram-negative infections.Request Video of AKAO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 8th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 12.40 45.59%
- $USD 21.28 42.80%
- $USD 6.92 33.71%
- $USD 5.50 -67.11%
- $USD 14.02 -57.60%
- $USD 7.58 -49.38%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!