Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $MU Good high beta chip Flag $51 target 1 $AMD $34/$50 Long term hold $NVDA flag $205 target 1 $230+ longer term $TXN $145 LONG term hold
- Robert1965: $AMD this looks like an earnings run is anyone buying
- bRobert: $MU High beta name $48 W target 1 Flag over 50d $51 + to follow Higher targets long term $60 WEEKLY target $AMD another high beta longer term hold WEEKLY my chart High long term targets Patient spec
- stairm01: @Ringo $DAN $VEEV $VEEV $SAM $MELI $ODFL $XPO $IYT $CX $BA $SPLK $ABMD $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $CC $UAL $EHTH $HIIQ $MRCC $MRCC $ABBE $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV $IPB $ ...
- traderbren: $AMD - pushing back above the 50dma and seeing some interest here on the intra-day.
- bRobert: $AMD WEEKLY my chart Long term hold $45+ Patient. Adding with confirmation on pb/bounces
- Robert1965: @bRobert $AMD where would you add got some at 29.25 Friday
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $AMD With a partial position, on pb/bounces. Higher lows .
- issues: @bRobert $AMD In the same industry group (IBD) are two I like better $IPHI and $LSCC. $AMD is rated 52 (composite) with a D- in accumulation. No good. While LSCC is 93 B- (excellent) and IPHI 96 C also excellent!). NP in AMD but we hold LSCC & IPHI! On the ten day chart LSCC is up 5% and IPHI is up 3.5% and AMD also 3.5%
- bRobert: @issues $AMD $IPHI $LSCC This is a high beta spec along with $MU (highly leveraged to a China trade deal) They will outperform with a $SMH breakout $TXN $145 $KLAC $LRCX $NVDA $225 are others with fabulous charts High upside A $SMH breakout will lift most substantially. MANY good choices Pick your favorites with good charts
- bRobert: $SHOP . $370 . reversal target . Long from below $MU .Long calls $48 . next w . target . $TXN . Long term hold $AMD . Long swing $HD . nh . $250+ . target
- baronp0329: @bRobert $CROX Robert, missed good entries on $CROX $DOVA (weeklies still look good). Getting a late start with trading today. New PXG golf clubs arrived last night...of course I had to play first thing in the morning. $FND, thanks @Bridget @Dan, took half off now at 52.50, In at 50.18. $PAAS, not a good start this morning. Down around 30% on Oct 18 Calls. But still think it will continue its uptrend. $CRON, Still have 20% Sep27 10 Puts, $AMD, Still in Oct18 30 Puts. $MDCO, 1/2 position at 49.05 $SPY $IWM, still in partial Puts $NFLX, $ROKU, looking for quick oversold bounces trades. Then will short when appropriate Still heavy in cash and waiting for direction and quick, scalps, day and swing trades.
- Henry: $AMD Pete N's weekly 32 call is going down the tubes. Last I saw yesterday, volume was 168,000. Today open interest is 67,000 the stock is down and the option is 9 cents
- baronp0329: @bRobert $SPY Added more $SPY and $IWM Puts yesterday, I see further downside on both. Also, posted on OMM that I've been day trading Puts on $CRON and $BYND from the open. Started $AMD Puts from Bridget's OMM post.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $SPY $IWM $CRON $BYND $AMD Long $SMH $IWMputs
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $SPY $IWM $CRON $BYND $AMD $CRON WEEKLY very heavy drip $6 in the conversation Long puts
- baronp0329: @bRobert $SPY $IWM $CRON $BYND $AMD Nice trading Robert. Agree with $CRON. Day trading the Sep27 10 Puts, In at 0.18 this morning. Closed 1/2 at 0.35 (too early but staying disciplined with profit taking plan). Remaining 1/2 now have Ask at 0.70. will close before the close. Now, waiting for CNBC to start their somber music to go "MARKETS IN TURMOIL" headline.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $SPY $IWM $CRON $BYND $AMD Looking for failed bounces in $CRON to add Partial profits taken
- debeers: $LRCX vs. $AMD- Cramer likes $AMD, i like $LRCX. Why not check out the difference in stock appreciation? I rest my case. After the first week of October, if you don't already own the best in class, get some. $LRCX +75.24% ytd/ $AMD 64.08
- bRobert: @debeers $LRCX $AMD I own $KLAC $LRCX long term I like $AMD upside potential $50+ Just a small placeholder now . Setting up slowly. in a different time frame
- Henry: @bRobert $AMD Pete N pointed out heavy volume in this weeks 32 calls $0.24 but vol now is 158,924 ! I've never bought a 15 or 20 cent call, no idea how many I would buy.
- bRobert: $AMD Wedge $35+ Long term partial Will add with confirmation $50 WEEKLY breakout target long term
- bRobert: $AMD Small add $29.40 stop bottom of channel bounce Wedge . tightening bands $35/$50+ targets
- bRobert: $AMD Alert set for move >$32 $35 target 1 $MU $59+ c&h target
- bRobert: $AMD tracking this name in sleep inducing consolidation Very small partial tracking position Good WEEKLY base with flag $45+ long term with trigger /WEEKLY breakout
- bRobert: $AMD . reversal . $36 . target . top of range . $32 . neckline . Long calls
- debeers: @Sluggo $OLLI -Reloaded on $AMD
- Sluggo: @debeers $OLLI $AMD You WOULD do that. Just to spite me ;-)
- Robert1965: $AMD any looking at this today
- Sluggo: @Robert1965 $AMD Train to Nowhere by Savoy Brown
- Sluggo: @Sluggo $AMD I could also say A Hard Way To Go by Savoy Brown
- traderbren: $AMD - interesting to note that the gap from 8/7 closed today. I had an alert set there after the pop....thinking it may close it at some point.
- Sluggo: $NVDA $XLNX Nvidia and some of the more complex chipmakers are up on the $NVDA earnings beat AH. Doesn't seem to affect the simpler chip makers like $AMD.
- Tango: @Sluggo $NVDA $XLNX $AMD excellent description... simpler chip makers like $Amd. $nvda $xlnx are pursing FPGA chips for data centers.
Herb: $AMD rev shark stock of the week: Our Stock of the Week is Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). AMD designs microprocessors and chipsets for computers and consumer devices.
AMD has been a standout in the semiconductor sector, as its innovative products hav ...
- shoredriver: @Herb $AMD ....Think he is a little late to the party
- CraigReynolds: @Herb $AMD Bought a little last half hour last Wednesday $23.20 because of positive news about $AMD during day. Options were high also and Najarian focused on stock in option activity. Not sure what is happening, just trading news at times. Then spike up over night, up Thursday and Friday and will see what happens today. Semi's are not attractive in today's overall news but $AMD not listening just trading around the VWap. Wii see. Nice to see this in your post about Shark?? Don't know him..
- Herb: @CraigReynolds $AMD Nice trade! Shark writes for Cramer's RealMoney. He's mainly a small cap guy, I think.
- Herb: @shoredriver $AMD It appears so.
- CraigReynolds: @Herb $AMD I just looked him up and signed up for his free Monday idea. Something else to follow. Thanks
- bRobert: @shoredriver $AMD. Long term going higher. Much. $50s via successful Weekly breakout.
- Henry: @CraigReynolds $AMD Cowan raised pt to $42
- Rjeletrik: @CraigReynolds $AMD last week he recommended $ASUR down 25% on Friday
- Rjeletrik: @CraigReynolds $AMD how did you buy at 23.20 when last weeks low was 27.65?
- CraigReynolds: @Rjeletrik $AMD Sorry, just got home and seen your post. It was 28.80 right before close.. Looked at recap wrong. Was excited this morning when Rev Shark posted stock
- CraigReynolds: @CraigReynolds $AMD Forgot to mention, was stopped out I see when I returned home. Had a tight stop set. Will be watching, a number of good things going for the stock.
- traderbren: $AMD - moving above yesterday's high.
- bRobert: $SMH . pb 50d test . A passing test and resumption of bounce could test $120+ . Monitoring. Long . $AMD . $TXN . gap fill . WEEKLY throwback to $115 . neckline $140 . with resumption $LMT . breakout / . flag . WEEKLY . flag trigger . $385/$400
- Robert1965: $AMD any news that caused ATH
- Herb: @Robert1965 $AMD Shares of AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) recently surged after the chipmaker secured Alphabet's (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) Google as a new data center customer. This means that all the major public cloud companies -- including Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) -- are now using AMD's Epyc processors.
- Robert1965: @Herb $AMD That was yesterday
- Henry: $AMD announced a new processor and that $GOOGL and $TWTR were new customers.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD $GOOGL $TWTR - I liked the interview with Lisa Su a week or so ago. I came away thinking that the new chip was close. This is closer than I thought. Long $AMD.
- bRobert: @grcjr $AMD $GOOGL $TWTR Long all 3.
- Robert1965: $AMD took off today
- bRobert: $AMD . Gap filled and more. I like the WEEKLY chart Ascending triangle . . $50 . down the road. Not straight up
- Wykeman: @bRobert $AMD big move up today on very good news. Of course I got stopped out last week. :( Will get back on PB
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SMH $AMD ... looks like all the nibbles that traders took yesterday, are being gagged on today. Few have dropped below the open yesterday, but are near pre-open. Apparently all about interest rates this morning..
- ATX17: @Robert1965 $MU Watching $AMD $AMAT $NVDA if they follow suit. Not sure of any news.
- grcjr: @ATX17 $MU $AMD $AMAT $NVDA - I do not see any news. I do see a LOT of volume.
- ATX17: @grcjr $MU $AMD $AMAT $NVDA Agree. After the MU dip the rest made a run up.
- GOOSE: $AMD Up over a dollar and change AH. ??????
- Henry: $AMD CEO denies she is leaving the company, stock up. long hedged stock options
- bRobert: $SMH bounce off neckline $108 $AMD add
- grcjr: $AMD moving up since the open. I reduced my position to 25% of what it was prior to earnings. Added back a quarter on the move this morning.
- Ajax4Hire: Yes, $AMD - Advanced Micro Devices is at the 50day-MA which seems to be a support.
- bRobert: @Ajax4Hire $AMD WEEKLY lower channel intact Long term ......higher . Huge move this year A little breather
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 8/9/19 CALLS @1.30 $AMD BTO STOCK @31.08 $AMD STO 8/2/19 31.0 PUTS @.50 $AMD STO 8/9/19 31.5 CALLS @.75 This is the famous Covered Combo of @Forexpro fame, or the famous Covered Combo Mambo Strangle of Goose fame. ;>)
- bRobert: $KEYS 20d bounce $105/$115 $SMG flag $AMD reports ts tonight
- grcjr: @champ $AAPL $AMD - I reduced my trading position yesterday and again today. Leaves me a couple lotto tickets
- bRobert: @grcjr $AAPL $AMD I like $AMD long term after the dust clears
- grcjr: $AAPL $AMD - some coverage this morning that some are advising taking profits on $AAPL. Earnings tomorrow on $AAPL and $AMD after the close. I'm thinking I'll keep a position on both, having taken profits along the way. Current positions a bit smaller than normal.
- sgiseller: @grcjr $AAPL $AMD I took profits on the 25th @ 33.77 but was considering going back in. Sold a Aug 2nd 27-37 strangle for .51 and may make it covered. Maybe not the smartest trade, but ....
- Henry: $AMD $INTC moving
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD $INTC $NVDA $AAPL - Hello Henry. I listened to the $INTC earnings conf call last evening. I managed to stay awake. Glad it was only one hour. My view is that $INTC is behind with respect to the 7nm process. I believe they may not become a ...
- bRobert: $XLNX Looking for bounce 59min trade to develop Longer term hold $AMD Very high long term WEEKLY targets Earnings 7/30 Long term hold
- bRobert: $XLNX filling gap heading into earnings. Long term hold' $AMD WEEKLY my time frame /chart Very high upside after 1 full year of consolidation Long term hold
- graphman: @bRobert $AMD Do you think AMD is a buy right now? Thank you
- bRobert: $AMD WEEKLY Ascending triangle/wedge Awkward c&h All point towards $50 Not straight up
- bRobert: $AMD flag Ascending triangle set up with high targets if triggered $37 flag trigger target 1
- snowbound: @bRobert $AMD adding
- bRobert: $AMD WEEKLY ascending triangle $50 potential
- sportsintegrity: @dan, Hi thoughts on $AMD ? Thanks
- scottrades: @sportsintegrity $AMD Hey sports, I'm not @Dan, but I think the fact that $AMD gapped down and didn't recover above the 8EMA is concerning. That said it also hasn't (at this point in time) broken down completely. If I was in this stock and I didn't sell on the initial bounce I would have a stop just below today's intra-day low. I'm a swing trader, so (mostly) everything I post is filtered through that lens, but obviously this depends on your trading style and time horizon. Hope that helps!
- snowbound: @sportsintegrity $AMD .. Hey, also NOT/DAN. For a long(er) term perspective examine the WEEKLY chart, no sign of a break in #TREND. We're also not seeing a sell indicator on the WEEKLY MACD which is another data point to compare. I think I may hear DAN's ghost whispering in my ear presently .... " ... seize the day, seize th .." ... oh wait, wrong tape .... how about " a green candle close above OCT/2018 high would confirm the long(er) term trend is intact. Naturally I can't speak for DAN or his ghost so perhaps we'll hear him comment on $AMD. Will
- bRobert: $XLNX $140 reversal target $AMD $39 high base Extended above 50d but going higher long term
- snowbound: $MU ... Hey all ! .. 2 red candle days, looking to test support @ 08 EMA. Static about weakness in semis may be a lost song (Witchita Lineman) long hold up 50%, setting loose stop to cover profits, will add med-loose trailing stop on rebound. $AMD also taking the hit today ...holdin' ... willin' ... later, Will
- borden_john: @Wykeman #AMD $AMD :)
- Wykeman: @borden_john $AMD #AMD Lol good for you!! I have NP. :(
- bRobert: $AMD WEEKLY chart is bullish with $50 potential LONG term Not straight up Long calls
- sniper: out $amd +1.64% high rsi yesterday today red candle below yesterdays low
- bRobert: $AMD strong move $34 target 1 Top of range
$AMD – OMM strangle is working well.
$VEEV -- high squeeze. Alert $174
$OLED -- Start a position here, with a stop to define risk.
$OMCL -- “hammer” pattern. Still early here...but if buying, keep your stop below 5 ...
- bRobert: $AMD bullish in this tape /space
$AMD - tightening up.
$CMG -- tight squeeze.
$CREE -- Watch $60. Alert $60
$AMZN – $1945 resistance. Alert $1946,
$EPAM -- This is actionable now. Breaking out at $180, on good volume. Alert $181
$DRI – lots of forum chatter.
$ROKU &n ...
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are up more than 1% this morning on news that the US/China trade war is going into "cease fire" mode. The deal is a bit squishy because it includes the words "for the time being." The key part of the deal ...
- Sluggo: $OMCL Besides all the hubbub on the Huawei suppliers this morning (yes, I did buy some $AMD and $XLNX at the open) check out $OMCL. Phase 3 breakout confirmed this morning.
$AMD – working
$OLED – working.
$TAN -- notice volume. Starting to increase as price moves higher.
$ENPH -- Holding at 20-day MA. $16.15 is trading low.
$FSLR -- high volume breakout today. A bit of a power move, and likely t ...
- grcjr: $AMD $NVDA - I believe that $NVDA should be coming under pressure from the new $AMD CPU and GPU chips. $NVDA has been moving up nicely today. $AMD up but not very much.
- debeers: $AMD-Doing business with haigon in China was on the Blacklist. Dept. of Commerce is all over this. Not just a trade problem ---an intellectual theft problem and a security problem.,NP
|Stock Price||$USD 50.93|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 28th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 36.31 67.81%
- $USD 14.35 24.88%
- $USD 14.18 18.29%
- $USD 18.65 -11.63%
- $USD 5.27 -6.79%
- $USD 307.05 -6.46%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 67,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (67,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!