Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Wykeman: $AMD moving nicely, $SOXL
- Angdionk: $AMD moving well
- Henry: @Angdionk $AMD I wonder if that is the algo's working off Powell?
- woodman: $AMD nice bounce.
- bRobert: @woodman $AMD $SMH $SOXL. WEEKLY. breakout coming. LONG CONSOLIDATION. Flat. top High targets. Many WEEKLY. breakouts. $QCOM $MRVL. $AVGO. SOON. $NVDA. LEADING. $TXN
- debeers: @bRobert $AMD $SMH $SOXL $QCOM $MRVL $AVGO $NVDA $TXN -love the whole sector which will continue to be on fyah until there is a meaningful rate increase. i paired the $NVDA with the $AMAT
- Wykeman: $AMD Early mover
The $CLOU ETF is starting to firm up nicely. Keep an eye on the $30 level. We’re also seeing the $SMH make a nice rebound, watch $AMD to hold the 8EMA.
Define your environment.
Define your candidates.
Define your triggers and stops.
Have a ...
- kbrowe: @Wykeman $XLNX this will trade along with $AMD, and any positive news towards approval of their merger will advance it. Other planned chip mergers, like $NVDA and $ARM, will all impact each other in country approval news. The big one is going to be China as I see it.
- debeers: $NVDA-For all you weak hands, thought you might like to know that the US Government is nearing a deal to buy a supercomputer from $NVDA and $AMD partnering together since the Intel computer has been delayed for months.$NVDA really shouldn't be stopped below 500 or so. it won't be a replacement for the Intel supercomputer but the need for the supercomputer is great and Intel isn't up to snuff yet.
- DBones808: @debeers $NVDA $AMD I will be called weak hands every day after riding this up from 150 and selling...thats a 50% move
- lauralynnee: $AMD has been looking perky today
- lostsheep: $amd another slowly grinding back through the range and pivots
- scottrades: $AMD looking strong today. Support at 102
- woodman: @scottrades $AMD - BBs still kinda wide and coming in. Perhaps it will rest some around this level.
- lauralynnee: $AMD on the 20 MA
- wanda1616: @lauralynnee $AMD need to maintain 103.91 or will have to be jettisoned
- lauralynnee: @wanda1616 $AMD thx I'll be watching
- wanda1616: @lauralynnee $AMD thats for me anyway...not sure what your parameters are. i dont want it to breach the previous spike low
- scottrades: My #Swing notes: $SPY Focus on a clean setup. No Setup, no trade. $QQQ Leaders picking up the slack $DIA Closed above the 21 EMA $XHB In trend but choppy. $HD & $LOW Have Earnings coming up. $XRT in a 5 Month Base. #Bitcoin / #Ethereum Resting while the AltCoins Shine $AAPL Nice breakout today. $FB Ok volume pick up today. Zuck is still selling.. $TSLA Consolidating. Watch the 50 Day/200 Day Complex $NVDA Earnings coming up $AMD Watch 112 $QCOM Watch 149.40 $MRVL Watch 61.10 $U Expected Pullback. $IQV Long base breakout $SBUX Holding the 50 Day $BCO Mentioned in the forum, watch 80.20 $ZS Watch 248 $LEN Watch 56
- scottrades: $AMD trying to firm up here
- abalagam: Bought $AMD at 108.80
- Birdie: $AMD getting some nice volume
- Mikev200: $AMD added.
- kbrowe: $AMD closing the gap after the sell-off, a good long time core position hold from way below. IMO, add on dips once it finds support levels can be profitable both long and short time. Wall street loves Lisa Su.
- scottrades: $SPY We’re in a Goldilocks Market...peep the EOD Volume. $QQQ We like this. $ARKK Sold my last bit. #Bitcoin and Ethereum JPM and My ETH Bullcase. $U Eye Popping Weekly $MSFT Working $AAPL In trend $TSLA Holding up but the batteries are running low. $ABNB Whippy but closed strong $PHM Holding the 50 Day $DHI Natural Reaction $LEN In trend $MTH Weekly C&r $SBUX Stole this idea from Bridget. At the 50 Day. $NVDA Tight - Earnings Next week $AMD Great volume today $IQV Long base. $SI Whippy $RIOT Watch next week $MARA Holding the 8EMA $COIN Needs a base or strength. $MSTR Don’t lose sight of these $HUT Riding the trend.
- bla00109: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT I enjoy reading your posts. You have good insights.
- Roadrunner: $AMD support at 104.36
- snowbound: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT I am familiar with the agony of forest fire smoke . Best of health to you , take care . Will
- bRobert: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT AMAT. 50% upside. to. $200/$220 $MU. 70%. $135. target Many winners in the space.
- debeers: @bRobert $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT -so sorry to be a cranky pants but i am so tired of folks who are clueless about performance.
- debeers: @snowbound $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT -You are very kind and appreciated.
- bRobert: @bRobert $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT $SNOW. Long term target. $400/$600. potential. 100%+. $300/$320. soon $AVGO. $700. 40% . $TSM. $200/$220 Close to 100%. potential. ? political risks
- bRobert: @woodman $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT $AVGO $TSM Slow patient boil. Buffet patience required. VERY YOUNG. Fits to be expected. SMALL works best
- DAN: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT Want a job? (I've been a bit "snippy" too these days. Outside pressures for me.) You are excused. Come with a smile tomorrow morning, please. ;-) Dan
- woodman: @bRobert $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT $AVGO $TSM - Re SNOW, it all depends when one got in. Just look at the weekly chart. Inverse head and shoulders neckline break (better seen on the daily). It's up 50% from May bottom and, fwiw (i.e. perhaps a couple pennies), I believe it goes decently higher. That said, it reports 8/25. On another note, I'm very sorry about the smoke. I can't imagine dealing with that frequent occurrence. Here, we have tornados now. We didn't used to. Weather is very screwed up.
- bRobert: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT NO APOLOGY needed to make impassioned points on a great stock My hand is in a cast from pounding. Should use my feet or. better..... tap. Lesson learned from Moses experience
- Rjeletrik: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT your excused sweetheart
- bRobert: @bRobert $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT Sometimes I don a Sun dress in lieu of the cranky pants
- debeers: @Rjeletrik $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT -unfailingly kind you are.
- bRobert: @debeers $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT W love you naughty or nice. Better than NONE You call that a temper ? You need coaching
- debeers: @DAN $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT -took out the curse words. FYI
- debeers: @bRobert $SNOW $MU $AMD $NVDA $AMAT -yup.
Pokersmith: #RareMeaCulpa AMD Stock Is on a Tear. One Bear Is Giving Up. -- Barrons.com
A glance at the stock chart shows Advanced Micro Devices($AMD) had a less-than-inspired beginning to the year. Shares were nearly flat through the second quarter, leaving in ...
- wanda1616: @Pokersmith $AMD #RareMeaCulpa dear god
3. $AMD-Lisa Su up 20.00% year to date. All of Cramer yelling at you doesn't change the facts.
4. $NVDA- nicely up 56.62 per cent. Of course it is till only a b+ on the report card
5. $AMAT- is by far the best in the universe i inhabit UP 66.03% yea ...
- Henry: $AMD is that all we get for a pullback?
- Pokersmith: @Henry $AMD you want a pullback? buy PANW lol
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD - Good morning. I was watching $AMD before the open. I'm waiting at this point.
- kbrowe: @Henry $AMD I guess, though happy holding a long term core position. Lisa Su and team have been chewing up the semi-conductor space for a few years and is taking a huge market share for the future. And the $XLNX merger, if approved, will most definitely rocket them further into the future.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD moving up a bit.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMD - toss a coin, or just leave the coin in your pocket.
You want a piece of me? $NVDA is up 56.54% $AMD up 24.56 and $MU is up a whopping 9.8% i make you only 1 promise here:
i will not be outworked by anyone. not now. not ever
2. MORE IMPORTANTLY what is the liklihood they will beat? i want to see first ...
- bRobert: @debeers $AMAT $NVDA $AMD $MU $210/$220. WEEKLY. breakout target Lot of energy to be unleashed coming out of the pinch /6. months. consolidation $160. soon
- Lavrock: @debeers $AMAT $NVDA $AMD $MU Thank you for a great post (as always) - and for taking me back over 55 years to amamus, amatis, amant
- debeers: @Lavrock $AMAT $NVDA $AMD $MU -fun to have a nice vocab huh? Easier to learn all the romance languages too!.
- bRobert: $QCOM. I like. flag. pullbacks in good stocks WEEKLY breakout retest. $160/$200 $TSM. small flag pullback $125 with trigger. WEEKLY. is the bomb waiting to explode $200/$220. potential $AVGO. Close to. $700 with WEEKLY pinch breakout. $TXN. Prior WEEKLY breakout /walk up from $130. - $190. Expect. anothe.r $60. run with a new breakout. $250. $SMH. breakout. daily /weekly. Small flag retest $290/$370. long term. Healthy. Bull. market in SMH. Pick one $NVDA. $MRVL $AMD. others. in motion. out of weekly breakouts
- scottrades: Consider a partial stop on $AMD near yesterdays low if you're still long. Stock needs a rest. Could fall over 5% and not break trend.
- scottrades: $SMH Mentioned it being extended in my video last night. Nothing is broken but it just depends on your time frame and if you want to sit through the PBs. $NVDA $AMAT $AMD $MRVL
Note: $AMD, $NVDA, $AVGO, $AAPL, $GOOGL do NOT manufacture,
they buys from $TSM, vulnerable to China($FXI) Taiwan($EWT) uncertainty.
Not listed, Hynix($HXSCF), Samsung($SSDIY), $SONY;
they are IC manufactures but more multi-national.
China forgot i ...
- Henry: $HOOD Starting the HOOD Thread I looked at Wallstreetbets for as long as I could stand it and there were more posts on $AMD There are a lot of bitter people there regarding the GME malarkey. I am not mentally able to put 60% of my account in any single position. If I did, I would be focused on each tick. So I have enough that today will be amusing.
I scanned the major ETFs last night and we have some pretty nice tight price action and some decent breakouts that we were looking for in $SMH Stocks like $AMAT, $MRVL and continuation in $AMD. Love to see that! I also got Dan’s note on the b ...
- sierramp: @scottrades $SMH $AMAT $MRVL $AMD $SNOW $HOOD $TSLA $NIO $LI $XPEV $hit Great to have you back. You had quite an adventure.
- bogiedog1: @scottrades $SMH $AMAT $MRVL $AMD $SNOW $HOOD $TSLA $NIO $LI $XPEV $hit Welcome back Scott.
- traderbren: @scottrades $SMH $AMAT $MRVL $AMD $SNOW $HOOD $TSLA $NIO $LI $XPEV $hit - LOL...sounds like an awesome day out. As for the snafu...it would be trending now with millions of views had it been captured for all eyes to see! Next time you have to wear a SMM cap or t-shirt as the publicity is too good to pass up! ;-)
- BellaVino: @scottrades $SMH $AMAT $MRVL $AMD $SNOW $HOOD $TSLA $NIO $LI $XPEV $hit Oh Scott I am laughing out loud at your water slide story! Thanks for the funny (made my day!) and it sounded like a great time with family!
- scottrades: Consider moving stops up on $AMD if you have this.
- Carpe_Diem: @Henry $HOOD $AMD It be interesting to see How Many of the Merry Men and Women went out of $AMC and $GME and into $HOOD?
- kbrowe: $AMD up again today, now over $120. Another 7%.
- DBones808: @kbrowe $AMD shorts have to be covering. I wouldn't chase at this point.
- Wykeman: @kbrowe $AMD VERY extended..
- kbrowe: @DBones808 $AMD Not chasing, started position a few years ago and been accumulating size on dips. Very happy. They are winning the war against $INTC now.
- scottrades: My #Swing notes: $SPY Basing. $QQQ Working. $SMH Going. $BLOK Tightening up. $ARKK Took Dan’s trade idea today. Down a bit AH because of ROKU. $GDX Leave it alone. #BTC/#ETH - EIP 1559 (London Hard Fork) $AMD Move your stops up. $NVDA Slow but curling up $MRVL Still working $AMAT Sloppy but in the right direction. $TSLA Still hanging in there. $U Actionable today $SNAP Beauty $ADBE Watch 628 $ANET Watch 384 $DOCU Support at the 21 EMA $MARA Watch 30 $RIOT Low Handle close to the MAs $MSTR Watch 700 $HUT Working, added a bit today.
- bRobert: $SMH Confirmed WEEKLY breakout after 6+ months of consolidation You have to own a semi or a bunch with the index Many great names breaking out, or on the verge of breaking out of tight WEEKLY consolidation These moves are powerful and sustained Many great choices Look at the WEEKLY and zoom in for a good entry point on the daily Just get a piece and let it work $AMD is up 50% in a blink Look at $TSM $AVGO $TXN $QCOM WEEKLY pinches with high targets that may outperform the $SMH $MRVL $80 $NVDA $210/$240 Weekly breakout continuations with higher targets othes $MU $135 WEEKLY target $95 interim 70% upside Great Swing trading stock due to daily Zig zags daily but the WEEKLY trend is clear $STX $150 WEEKLY target $102 interim $SMH targets $300/$370 $SOXL $60/$75 Put a chip on your shoulder Pick your favorite flavor
- Henry: $AMD Continues it's march toward $120
$AMD is shining bright, out from $INTC shadow.
Suppliers to the IC manufactures are doing good:
$ASML,$KLAC,$LRCX,($AMAT,$UCTT,$TER poised to start helping)
I own $QCOM, making me happy and looks to keep doing that.
$AVGO,$TXN,$NVDA look to soon be ...
- wjj3: @Ajax4Hire $NAIL $XBI $IBB $TMO $ILMN $SMH $AVGO $SOXL $QCOM $AMD $INTC $ASML $KLAC $LRCX $AMAT $UCTT $TER $TXN $NVDA $TSM $MU $ADI $NXPI $MCHP #holdings On is a great one also
- Ajax4Hire: @Angdionk $TER $TER-Teradyne is another supplier to IC manufactures like $ASML,$KLAC,$LRCX,$AMAT and $UCTT Huge demand for IC manufacturing due to 2020 slow-down. The IC manufactures should be next to enjoy lift from this event: $TSM(manufactures for others), the remainder: $TXN, $MU, $INTC, $MSI, $NXPI, $MCHP, $QRVO, $SWKS, $ON, $ADI manufacture their own ICs. Note: $AMD, $NVDA, $AVGO, $AAPL do NOT manufacture, they buys from $TSM and are vulnerable to China($FXI) Taiwan($EWT) uncertainty. Use to be China overlooked Taiwan as both were wildly profiting from rise of Asia manufacturing. But now, economy doldrums and China looking to distract from internal strife. Curse of living in Exciting times.
- Mikev200: $AMD and I are again on speaking terms. :))
- bRobert: $AVGO Daily w in motion has a $500 target WEEKLY tight consolidation is the bomb Looking for $200 move with a weekly breakout Close to $700 target Not too shabby $MU W bottom $80 target 1 50d WEEKLY 50w bounce Healthy bottoming action/weekly consolidation Setting up for a run back to the high and $120 long term target No rush Watch Great swing trading stock with liquid options 50% upside MANY chips with WEEKLY breakouts or threatening like $AVGO $TXN $250 target Pinching $QCOM $NVDA $MRVL $AMD $SOXL $49/$60 pullback bounces
Seeing a slightly lower open on $AMD which is fine. We just want to make sure it holds above the MAs and stays in trend.
Another reminder, I’m away tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. I’m also doing the Strategy Session tonight for Dan, hope ...
- scottrades: Nice follow through on $AMD
- jeff_free69: $AMD breaking 100, $NVDA approaching $200
- kbrowe: $AMD hits the$100 century level. Long.
- bRobert: $AMD $115/$130 targets WEEKLY breakout from consolidation C&H like base $AVGO W daily Bullish The weekly is $$$$ $650+ potential
- scottrades: $AMD Shouldn't be a loss if you took this idea yesterday. Swingers could take some off here if they are feeling antsy. Or just stagger some stops and enjoy the ride.
- bRobert: $TXN just another WEEKLY I like even after earnings pullback that is seeing buying $250 target longer with breakout among many in motion $NVDA $AMD $QCOM $MRVL and others soon to join the club $AVGO $650+ potential $SOXL $49/$60 target Looking for 50%
- scottrades: @crank $AMD Making a new Weekly High, that's really great. You're right however, expect a rest. Hasn't had a Red hourly candle in a while.
- scottrades: My #SS Notes: The Weekly Chart on $TSLA has Plaid Potential. Here’s the level to watch! $SPY / $QQQ Watch to see how AMZN’s Earnings play out! $DIA Still around 350 $SMH Early Buy op yesterday, nice follow through today. $GDX Nice pop but under the major MAs $SLX Nice move in some Steel Stocks like $STLD $CLF #Bitcoin Fighting 40K. Time for Alts to pop? $AMZN Down AH - Earnings Season continues. $AMD Great Follow through $NVDA Tight along the 8EMA $AMAT Tight. Earnings August 12 $TSLA Added to the ATL $NKLA Somehow this is still listed. $PYPL Sold the last of it $FB Out of my last shares. $ALGN Added to the ATL $SNOW Watch 275 $AVGO Basing $CROX Working $SONO Keep watching $U Keep watching $LB Above resistance on low volume $TJX Still bumping up against 69 $RIOT / $MARA / $HUT Watch the Highs
- Firemedic: @scottrades $AMD $MSFT $MSTR $RIOT $MARA $HUT $INMD $TJX $AMN $CROX $NET $TWTR #Bitcoin #Crypto Scott what level or moving average would you look to take initial positions in $MARA or $RIOT?
- Max115: @scottrades $AMD $MSFT $MSTR $RIOT $MARA $HUT $INMD $TJX $AMN $CROX $NET $TWTR #Bitcoin #Crypto What do you mean by watch $CROX 103.45??
DAN: Good morning. Futures are up a bit this morning after some pretty strong results yesterday in Alphabet ($GOOGL), Advanced Micro Devices ($AMD), Microsoft ($MSFT) and Apple ($AAPL).
Apple is the only stock on the active trade list, so I have a coupl ...
Keep an eye on $AMD this morning, it’s creeping up the 8EMA and close to a recent cluster of resistance. We also saw a nice bounce back after $MSFT released earnings (and guidance) after an initial negative reaction.
Still watching the #Bitc ...
- scottrades: Watch $AMD here. Close to HOD
- scottrades: @scottrades $AMD Buyable (starter) here with a stop under yesterdays low.
- scottrades: @scottrades $AMD You could add a small bit here.
- scottrades: @scottrades $AMD New HOD. Watch for a strong close for another chance to add. Want to see it push away now.
- puttz: @scottrades $AMD Earnings Tuesday
- scottrades: @puttz $AMD You mean Yesterday?
- Max115: @puttz $AMD Reported Yesterday
|Stock Price||$USD 158.37|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 25th, 2022 - 2021 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 10.07 78.57%
- $USD 12.48 71.91%
- $USD 15.36 41.53%
- $USD 19.50 -56.30%
- $USD 58.01 -29.31%
- $USD 16.56 -28.27%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 84,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (84,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!