Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Auto: $AMZN added RHRN
- zman: @Auto $AMZN I missed that move. Thanks!
- Auto: @zman $AMZN $=8>)
- traderbren: $AMZN -- may get a shot at closing the gap on the upside....with the 4th employee death reported from COVID.
- champ: $AMZN, Political News from Dem-Senators, dropped this stock, watching for re-entry at some point, forced to take profits off of that new News.
- Auto: $AMZN $HA $WORK $TSM $PI added long
- Reif99: @Auto $AMZN $HA $WORK $TSM $PI Work having trouble at $28. Long
- champ: $AMZN...hanging around HOD, swing position.
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are down this morning, keeping the major averages firmly below their recent ceilings. After a historic run in April, it's likely that we'll see some sideways consolidation this morning, and probably some give-back in the major ...
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $CODX $LULU $RNG $TDOC $AMZN $AAPL 6am ET? that is 3:00amPDT on Cinco-de-Mayo! I will be there at 9:00amEDT.
- success: @Ajax4Hire $CODX $LULU $RNG $TDOC $AMZN $AAPL typo I am sure . . it is usually 9 AM ET
- stairm01: @DAN $CODX $LULU $RNG $TDOC $AMZN $AAPL Dan, your 9 is upside down for the start of the webinar tomorrow. 9 ET.
- Ajax4Hire: @success $CODX $LULU $RNG $TDOC $AMZN $AAPL I am sure as well. Letting them know, I do read with focus. Old enough now and have some money to pay attention. 9:00amEDT(Eastern Daylight Time)/6:00amPDT
- romanalexk: $AMZN finds support at 20 day ma
- champ: $AMZN....$2260, watch for entry.
- 86944T: @Bridget $EBAY Do you see this as possibly setting up for Phase 3? Reason I ask. I live in the middle of no where, and depend on $AMZN prime. Can’t get anything delivered in less than 4 weeks now. Have switched all online orders to $EBAY and $WMT. Wondering if others are doing the same and it hasn’t shown up in $EBAY earnings yet since they guided flat at last ER?
- CraigReynolds: @86944T $EBAY $AMZN $WMT Not sure 4 weeks is true. I have no problem getting orders generally within a week. I do a lot of business with Ebay and Amazon.
- champ: $SSO,...."Back to Work", is still ins play. I saw a lot of negative posts over the weekend and nothing has really changed, other than $AMZN and $AAPL, are both positive today, that always helps. The markets weren't really happy with $AMZN on Friday, but today is turning around Monday. .....Tomorrow is just another day for the Markets...but traders always have something to be concerned about and they always should, however the markets are all about timing and they always will be, nothing new really going, other than some States are starting to slowing go "Back to Work". And CNBC is still negative and that is nothing new either. .....$TSLA, is also doing what it always does, still dancing around, Out for RHRN..
$AMZN -- Bottom of the channel. This is Phase 2 on a WEEKLY chart.
$DOCU -- Still going.
$TEAM -- Really strong breakout today on high volume. Weekly chart gives you a better perspective of the stock.
$PODD -- Stalling here and looking like a doub ...
$AMZN Gapping down 5% on Earnings. Premarket it’s stabilizing above 2300. That’s key support imo.
$UVXY Gapping up 13% on the market’s increased volatility. You’ll want this to stay above 46.50.
$PENN Down 6% Premarket. ...
- Bwhitty: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger Appreciate that last sentence. Makes a wannabe gunslinger a little less trigger happy.
- wijimmy: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger .... #Gunslinger posts are Simple Awesome !!! We can focus on 1 screen 3-4 stocks and hopefully make some money within the 1st 30-60 mins of trading and then get on with are day and not be married to the computer screen all day .. Thx Scott
- Ruthboone: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger Scott where would you place your stop on $MDGS
- n.tucci: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger Thanks, glad I asked.
- Kharrison67: Just curious, in the mornings, are you looking to take out the opening print or do you take AH into consideration. Ex. $AMZN
- PhilHarmonic: @Kharrison67 $AMZN Once the market opens then after hours is no longer part of the chart.
- Kharrison67: @PhilHarmonic $AMZN thank you!
- SHUDAG: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger. Good morning scott. Can you give some periodic updates on $MDGS
- Bert953: @scottrades $AMZN $UVXY $PENN $MDGS #Gunslinger Thanks Scott, this is helpful info. My trade plan for today is to do nothing. Sadly, no battle plan survives contact with the enemy! Looking to stay out of trouble ahead of the weekend. good fortune to us all!
- phgruver: @crank $TDOC The landscape of the 80's is littered with the bodies of innovative companies, with superior technology and products, that $MSFT crushed in it's quest to own (not just dominate) the desktop. (One of the reasons I still hate $MSFT.) If $MSFT, $GOOGL or $AMZN decide they want to own this space, all bets are off.
- docschwaz: $AMZN: Good buy point right now with tight stop at $305. Reasonable risk reward.
......$AMZN, really screw-up the markets or one could say, they really slowed down new buyers, who were wanting to add more Risk, into the markets, now those buyers are selling and they will be waiting for some-type of a positive reason, to add risk ...
- Brian_M: $AMZN starting to squeeze a bit on the 5 min chart and has seem to found a little footing after the bounce from the 20day earlier.
- Brian_M: @Brian_M $AMZN starting to move out the squeeze to the upside. May help the market if it gets going
- AdrenalineTrade: $AMZN long @ 2285.00, let's see if we can bounce here
- zman: $AMZN moving nicely towards earnings. Sold half of my full position yesterday going to hold balance to earnings or $2500 whichever comes first
- Auto: $AMZN $MGM $CCL $HA $HLT added
- Auto: @Auto $AMZN $MGM $CCL $HA $HLT added $TWTR
- Auto: $AMZN $MGM E looking at financials they could head north after E holding some over
- ckonelli: $AMZN moving as expected prior to earnings @zman agree with you about holding or $2500
- lostsheep: @traderdl $SPXL with $AAPL and $$AMZN reporting it's probably time for an after lunch buy program
- wijimmy: @dpierce3326 $UAVS .. not kicking .. trust me ..everyone been there.. I learned it’s all about risk management and percentages .. I rather have ..1 share of $AMZN cost $2400.. then 2400 shares of a stock that cost a buck... because at days end $amzn will still exist and a +5% gain is on the purchase amount of dollars and It doesn’t matter about how many shares u own..
- graphman: thoughts on $amzn?
- traderbren: $AMZN -- seeing a move into the close and ER. NP
- zman: @graphman $amzn sold half of my full position fir a nice profit yesterday and holding the balance thru earnings which I usually wouldn’t do. After a steady decline the past few days it’s acting very well today. I’m either going to be brilliant or as dumb as tree bark! But I have defined my risk and think it will go up on solid earnings . May buy some options to protect myself
- grcjr: $AAPL $AMZN - somebody know something I don't .... both are sprinting into the close.
- traderdl: $AMZN earnings leak i read
- zman: @Golfkop yup. I’m a long time member and highly respect Dan’s experience/expertise. Unfortunately I do t always do what he says but do find the mire I do, the more money I make. Not sure he would play $AMZN like this but I do because I think the upside is significant. And if it goes down I still think it will eventually reach/exceed Dan’s $2675 target
- williamJ: $AMZN Wow, hard to believe such a miss on EPS.
- traderbren: @williamJ $AMZN - it was a given based on huge demand, they are spending big time to meet demand. Thankfully I sold the Calls that I was holding this morning.
- williamJ: @traderbren $AMZN Yeah, I bought OTM puts. Nothing huge by any means as I am already short the market overall but it just seems like they would have to thread the needle to pop here given the selloff today on generally good relative earnings from other names and the continued outperformance of $AMZN
- Brian_M: @williamJ $AMZN I have no position but their revenue growth continues to be amazing considering the base they are growing from each year. There is no question they are the clear winner longer term due to the Coronavirus stay at home policies. They spend money like drunken sailors at times but it is always to win more long term customers. Looks like the after market is only giving back the gain from today so I'd say the market seems ok with the results.
- traderbren: @williamJ $AMZN - good call. This pull-back is not bad, at least for now, but we'll see what the morrow brings. In AH its below the 8 ema. Will look for an opportunity to re-enter once the dust settles.
- zman: @williamJ $AMZN I held a profitable half position over earnings and I’m still profitable. Despite the miss price is holding up pretty well...at least tonight AH
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN, $MSFT Hi, Friends, $AMZN and $MSFT are rather highly correlated (0.92) at present; those buying large cap, high-quality stocks no doubt tend to buy both. They aren't competitors in some businesses, but they do compete fiercely in a marquee category: web services. Looking at $AMZN's report, that segment appears to have been disappointing, while performing quite well for $MSFT last quarter. This could - in my view, should - help $MSFT to outperform $AMZN, although their common investment characteristics will still keep them fairly highly correlated. I should note that I'm long $MSFT, although it has been a while, to my regret, since I've been an $AMZN shareholder. On the attached chart, $AMZN is the red/green line, while Mister Softee is displayed in gold. Price is displayed in percentages. Have a great evening!
- sniper: @Forexpro $AMZN $MSFT thanks
COTD: $AMZN -- only at an all time high. Alert $2470.
$SPX -- tired market.
$NDX - 9000 top. Tech is still the best place.
$MDY -- Backing and filling.
$FB -- gap and reverse...and trading below the low of the day in AH.
$MSFT -- Gap and sel ...
- sniper: @Golfkopheld 1/4 $amzn
- phgruver: @metal @zman Please add a "$" in front of your ticker. That way we can see what you are talking about, and check out the chart. By using $SKYY and $AMZN, now the ticker shows up as the subject, and hovering over it produces a chart. Also, if you click on the ticker, you'll see all the recent posts related to that ticker. It's called using the tools that are built into the software. Thx.
- metal: @phgruver $SKYY $AMZN Thanks for correction to my post.
- champ: $SSO $EWZ $DFEN $GUSH $AMZN $FB $FTNT $CYBR $LITE $LYV $SWKS $EXP $CARR $MOS $GIS $KHC $K $DD $LH $DGX $JNJ $ABT $ERI $OSB $CMC $FRTA $GVA $LULU $CLX $CCL $DNKN I'm currently holding and working these positions and some of these are Day-Trades, like $BA.
- champ: $AMZN, HOD and yesterdays Low-Entry, is working, for now and I always expect zig-zags, know real reason not to, I never seen any great stock, that didn't dance around.
- champ: $SPY...took Full-Profits on 13 positions and I also down-size 5 other positions. Will take a new look, in the pre-market in the morning. All positions are possible add-on's and also add-backs, past and present. ......The reason was...because risk management is in play, had huge risk, too many positions and I also needed to pay myself, for taking risk, I was pre-set-up. ......Best trade of the day was $LH, because I had both entry-timing and profit exit-timing. $FB, was also real nice. ......$AMZN, is still working in the AH's....along with.... ......$GUSH and $SSO are also both still working in the AH's market.
- champ: $AMZN...still working and it looks like this stock is up another $42, in the AH's, as of RHRN. Still holding my full position and I will swing into the open.
- drmike54: @champ $AMZN Will you hold it over earnings tomorrow night?????
- champ: @drmike54 $AMZN ---- If I get that far, I might hold a few shares, need to at least have a bet on the big-game. A few rolls of the dice never really hurts, I need to have a little fun, don't you think, for guys like me, this is the only thing that I can really chase anymore. Good Luck!
$AMZN -- O’Neil’s 8-week hold rule. If the stock goes up 20% within 3% (after a proper breakout), hold it for 8 weeks minimum.
$LULU -- Still going. Use 8-day EMA for stop reference.
$WGO -- From Weekend Update. Working well. Break ...
- champ: $SPY, the AH earnings movers are $FB, $TSLA, $MSFT....and $AMZN is a pre-earnings mover...up $47, in the AH's, RHRN, it is the largest normal $$$ gainer, but only if you don't count $TSLA, as a stock.. that is normal, it is a super-stock, that is owned by Superman, he was born on the planet Krypton and has the ability to fly, among other things, he also a U.S. spy.
- Brice: @champ $SPY $FB $TSLA $MSFT $AMZN Quite a resume (sounds like resumay)
- kbrowe: @Brice $SPY $FB $TSLA $MSFT $AMZN Add $NOW to that list, another bet on cloud computing, and business moving to the cloud. In fact, COVID-19 is accelerating that transition.
- champ: $AMZN $GUSH and all the others, the AH's is going to close in a minute, we will see how all the prices will end the Day at, all the spreads will tighten up. Looks like all the stock names held onto their gains but the ETF's fell back to more or less normal price, as expected, no real bounce.
- Bwhitty: $AMZN this is the second day it has bled my profits from other trades. I think I am going to keep it in a different account. When you see it right with you day trading it is harder to hold through swings.
- zman: @Bwhitty $AMZN are you holding through earnings?
- Bwhitty: $AMZN Had planed to but not sure now with no cushion.
.......$AMZN, @ $2,308, could of had back-in entry this morning but that wouldn't be known, until later. New entries are all about guessing, about entry timings, it is just that simple...both traders and investors never know if their guess is going ...
- champ: @AdrenalineTrade --- It all depends on the type of stock and also on the markets. Many Traders and Investors have both...a #Core stock position and also a #Trading position, in the same stock, in this type of market.. because it works. ......Traders can #maximize their profits off of all the #CopyCat-sellers and buyers. ......Paper trade these type of positions, because they work on certain type of stocks and ETF's, $AMZN and $SPY, these are a couple that traders, trade around their core positions.
- traderbren: $AMZN - FYI - looks like Oppenheimer is trying to outdo Dan with his near-term price target. ;-) Amazon stock price target raised to $2,700 from $2,400 at Oppenheimer
- Carpe_Diem: @traderbren $AMZN - Credit Suisse just came out with $2800. Stay Thirsty My Friends!
- Bwhitty: $AMZN Excuse me you are going the wrong way.
- Bert953: $AMZN $NFLX $SPY $QQQ alerts went off, they're rolling over
- Bwhitty: $AMZN Swings so much. What is a base for it right now?
- champ: $AMZN, #CopyCat-sellers, taking profits, was the trigger, up until now. The new hope trade now is, they hope that they can buy back-in at a lower price or add-on, maybe RHRN.
- Bwhitty: @champ $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers Thx not as experienced with wide swing stock Stops. Those suckers are scary.
- lostsheep: @champ $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers Looks as though money starting to squish out into other beaten down areas of the market
- champ: @Bwhitty $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers --- Yes they are, for everyone. Can always sell and then add right back, at a lower price. That can work on a stock like this one.
- champ: @lostsheep $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers --- Yes and I'm watching retail and I'm looking all around.
- debeers: $BX/$DXCM/$AXSM/$NUE/TDOC/$WYNN as of today-Long all Sold $AMZN and Sold $BYND before my Kunta Kinte salon appointment.(going back to my "natural" color) didn't get top buck for either but within 2 on both. Glad i did. Dumb luck. Things officially won't open for awhile but unhofficially the small business guys where i live are seeing their long time clients. $NUE was not on their current call but on their outlook and that it crossed the 50.
- scottrades: Another busy #Earnings Week! $AMZN $TSLA $MSFT $AAPL $AMD $BA $FB $LUV $MMM $GE $AAL $UPS $TWTR $PFE $CBSH $PEP $MA $GOOGL $GILD $SBUX $UAL $V $SPOT $MCD $XOM $F $CAT $TDOC $AMAT $AWI $CHKP $MRK $ABBV $WHR $QCOM $BP $KHC $CLX $HAS $ANTM $NOK $CMS $CNX $APRN
- Sparrows: @scottrades $AMZN $TSLA $MSFT $AAPL $AMD $BA $FB $LUV $MMM $GE $AAL $UPS $TWTR $PFE $CBSH $PEP $MA $GOOGL $GILD $SBUX $UAL $V $SPOT $MCD $XOM $F $CAT $TDOC $AMAT $AWI $CHKP $MRK $ABBV $WHR $QCOM $BP $KHC $CLX $HAS $ANTM $NOK $CMS $CNX $APRN #Earnings Thanks Scott! with that line up on Thursday AMC, Friday is going to be a lot of fun!
- Myavatar: @Samik $BABA $NFLX $RGEN $LULU I sold all my positions and I regretted, I had $NFLX and $AMZN; I would advice sell half your positions and use charts to define a good tight stop above your entry position for the remaining. Just my thoughts on it.
- Brice: @DAN $AMZN $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $VIX $ZM $NFLX $TDOC $PLMR $DXCM $RNG $VIPS $BYND $WORK $SEDG $NLOK @DAN Timely message in last night's strategy session for me regarding exercising patience holding a stock that is not really doing anything wrong. I have sucked at that due to mainly day trading in this environment. I have added some positions as swing trades, only to close them out when they did not provide much in the way of gains within a couple of days. Thanks for the wake up call!
- debeers: $AMZN-why down? France is limiting deliveries during the Covid 19 crisis. That is so French of them. i bet if the delivery guys had a winelist and a linen napkin over their arm this never would have happened! As it is, the French always need someone else to blame besides their huggy kissy selves.
- ckonelli: $AMZN There was also an upgrade or some analyst who upgraded the stock to $2600
- champ: @ckonelli $AMZN @ $2,400. ---- At $GS, they just said that they expect Amazon to report their results well above consensus, on all lines....plus they also said that they expect them to guide 2Q above consensus. .....Every investor in the world, expects them to beat, on 4/30/after....so the guess is, this stock should be much higher before they report earnings, could even be at $2,600, before they report or at least be around $2,500, is my guess. Investing is all about picking out the right stock, to place a bet on, this should be the right stock, for that guess. ......After they report earnings is where their would be the highest #entry-risk, not before. I will be adding at some point... before earnings, not after. LOL
- debeers: @ckonelli $AMZN -Goldman Sachs has a 2900 tag on it.
- AdrenalineTrade: @debeers $AMZN They also upgraded oil when it was 150 a barrel in 2008. These guys always upgrade at the highs to sell their positions to retail. Same reason they downgrade at the lows, to scare retail out of their shares cheap.
- debeers: $NAIL- Sometimes you da hammer--sometimes its ok to be the $NAIL. This is one of the only ETF's i play and i am generally opposed to them. Generally--not always. have yourselves a day. Next week as i am not allowed to say these will do well, in my opinion they'll do well: 4/28-$DXCM 4/29 $TDOC 4/30 $AMZN Spec paper in $AAPL and in my opinion, if there is a stock that deserves the benefit of the doubt, well its this one. You don't have to believe me--that's ok why don't you believe someone who is really objective about this one--Gwennie (just kidding)! mr. Softy is also wind up up.
- champ: @AdrenalineTrade $AMZN --- When all Market-analyst agree, that is a positive set-up. However this is all about a short term move, only 4-days left after the close and this set-up started around the first of April. ......I agree with you because I have never seen any economist or market analyst predict anything long term and be correct... and that includes the Feds, the FOMC voting members. LOL
- debeers: @AdrenalineTrade $AMZN --well i only see 2 retail trades doingwell and $AMZN has a pure subscription model on it. As far as Walmart goes, it looked to me that they let their cleaning crews go. Filthy stores. Additionally the employees at the cash reg ...
- ckonelli: @champ @debeers sorry Stifel upgraded $AMZN this morning moving there price target from $2400 to $2600 :) Agreed from now until earnings $AMZN should be good to add
|Stock Price||$USD 3,167.46|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 22nd, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 39.00 166.07%
- $USD 7.81 107.33%
- $USD 103.65 83.01%
- $USD 8.90 -40.55%
- $USD 22.13 -27.93%
- $USD 27.47 -12.80%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 72,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (72,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!