Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Robert1965: $AMZN $AMD, anyone looking in the PM $AMD opened at 7:00 $33.40. dropped back $AMZN up $10.00 does this look like fakeout
- woodman: $AMZN bounced off the 50 day.
- DAN: $AMZN -- R1 is 1947.63. This is where the battle is being fought right now. If AMZN holds above that level for a while, I think we'll see much higher prices today...maybe 1960 -- around yesterday's intraday high (which was on the way down. Now, AMZN is on the way up). Good for calls.
$NDX – thanks $AMZN.
Trading the 1st Hour: The “easy” money is made during the first 60 minutes. After that, it transitions into a sideways, more docile market as most of the activity is done. Look at trading volume. It is obvi ...
- champ: $DJI up 240 points. This is a really nice surprise....but market direction is uncertain, at this market level. You needed a #CrystalBall, to figure this move out today, just know real way to know, other than guessing. Now how is this going to play out, that is even harder to know....I have know clue at all. For me, I'm just following the market. that is about all anyone can do, I'm just watching and both $AMZN and $NFLX, fell back a little, so I'm out, for now on both.....and that could be a mistake but tomorrow is a new day. I will be surprise again, if the markets were to close on HOD but it is looking like, that could sure happen.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $TLRY $CGC $CRON Thanks Robert, appreciate the feedback. I definitely need to be more patient in my Trading account and letting the winners run a little longer. I also need to be cognizant of over-trading (one of my weaknesses). My retirement account and children's funds are another story where I hold long term and add or reallocate accordingly. Most of them initiated were 8-10 years ago such as $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $UNH $OXY $PFE $BAC $KO. Appreciate all your posts.
- Pcdentist: $AMZN Down 2% here,,,@Dan what say you?
- Henry: @Pcdentist $AMZN looks like it has a date with S3 to me. Dan just shut down the call spread we had in OMM
- traderbren: $AMZN - on its way to kiss the 50d
- rck89: $AMZN Just getting into the office. So what happened to $AMZN? Downgrade? What? Thanks.
- bigbartabs: @rck89 $AMZN ... could be that my wife and daughter cancelled their accounts. Although that's probably not it, since the likelihood of that happening is probably the lowest of all news items.
- Runnie33: @rck89 $AMZN I think it gave you an opportunity to buy it.
- Bob E: @bigbartabs $AMZN LOL! Very Funny!
- sierramp: @bigbartabs $AMZN Good one!
- Raos: @rck89 $AMZN Maybe something to do with that story on "Amazon investigating employee data leaks: WSJ". That is not good for their AWS services .. their biggest money maker
- tkcoretrader: $AMZN We already hit 1887. Twice it hit above 2000. Maybe 3 times is a charm next month.
You cannot dictate what stocks do; you can only dictate what YOU do. This is a hard buck market. Trade small...or not at all. Look at $AMZN. Would you rather be out, and waiting for the chance to buy and ride higher, or be in, and hoping that the ...
- shoredriver: @rachel $CHEF $AMZN $SPX $DJI $PLNT $RGNX $VNOM $UNIT $CPRT $PRAH $TRU $ALGN $COL @DAN @GARY.... Rachel: It's been a while since I have said it, and I know others have also...but thanks for the wonderful job you do on these notes .
- baronp0329: All opened 9/11, taking partial profits on 3rd day: $BABA BuCS Oct 165/175 $BIDU 210 Calls $EEM Oct 42.50 Calls $HAL Oct 40 calls $AMZN Oct 1950 Calls $CQQQ, $RIG, $CRC
- klarson18: $amzn cup and handle on 5 minute chart. Does that matter on a 5 minute chart?
- billfumick: I'm long more $AMZN calls that Id hate to admit BUT this stock looks like a coiled spring going into tomorrow. I generally don't ask BUT am I the only one seeing such thing? Thanks!
- RedLeaf1: @billfumick $AMZN I hope so. I've got the Sep 14 $1987.50 call and $1992.50 call that I bought this morning and I am underwater.
- billfumick: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN I just sold 1/2..... Had to take some "stress" off, lol
- RedLeaf1: @billfumick $AMZN Good move. Best of luck to us both.
- Greendayguy: @billfumick $AMZN I agree, the short term direction is appears to be up, but I've seen stocks take a hit for a day or two before they resume their direction. I was in and out twice successfully in the last two days. I will be checking it tomorrow, and if there is an opportunity, I'l be getting in for a short term day trade.
- sierramp: $AMZN bounce off VWAP30.
- Kristine: $AMZN - This was a nice morning to start building a position again. Using the low of yesterday (1931) as a stop.
- DAN: $AMZN -- if AMZN closes above $1973, it'll have completed a bullish engulfing pattern right off the 20-day moving average...and will be a big buy signal. I am long calls and short puts.
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN I was also looking at short puts NOV 1500, any thoughts
- DAN: @Robert1965 $AMZN Well that's a winner. AMZN won't be at $1500 for quite a while. But you could sell the 1600 put for twice as much and the probabilities of OTM expiry are almost the same.
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN thanks
- Bob E: @DAN $AMZN I don't trade options, is there a reason not to buy RHRN?
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN - here we go!
- Greendayguy: In and out of $AMZN twice today, decent profits both times. It moved up again, but I was getting ready for golf! NPs left, so no risk of loss at tomorrow's open. There's opportunities every day somewhere to make $$.
- Wykeman: $AMZN pullback looks done.
- woodman: Nice bounce in most of the #FAAMNG stocks. (M for Microsoft, which I own. :-) $F $AMZN $AAPL $MSFT $NFLX $GOOGL #FAANG
- scottrades: Great call on $AMZN @Dan! What a Goat.
- Brian_M: $BABA kind of surprised this isn't trading lower premarket. If Bezos left $AMZN I have to imagine the stock would drop a lot more than 1.5%.
- Wykeman: $AMZN upgrade to 2300
- grcjr: @Wykeman $AMZN ... upgrade by Wells Fargo. Forecasts $AMZN will become the top US apparel seller. Was second largest in 2017 behind $WMT. Down a bit at this time. Looks to be testing support at the 20dma.
- billfumick: Today's $AMZN action didn't look like the "coiled spring" 3 day rule bounce that I was hoping for BUT was tradeable non the less.... I'll be hoping for lower prices and the opportunity to pounce.... Have a good weekend!
- Cheezit: @billfumick $AMZN Yup same here. I started buying in late spring. I was sick of watching it go up without me. Now i just beat myself up over where to add to a winning position. I like this problem better..
- billfumick: Hoping for a Fitzpatrick 3 day rule here $AMZN
- BocaRick: $AMZN below 1950
- TopCat1000: @Dan, I seen your afternoon thoughts on $AMZN, Yes I took profits on $AMZN and $GOOGL this morning, 17.59% and 16.37% respectively. It looks like social media and Technology are struggling a bit over the last few days, money appears to be rotating out of these sectors for the short term. I also unloaded $TWTR today for a small loss 3.5%. In my trading account my biggest position is cash, 60%. I think I'll step back and let September pass on by, plus I'll be out next week going to Santa Fe
- DAN: @TopCat1000 $AMZN $GOOGL $TWTR Great job, TopCat1000. Good job taking profits. You never really make money until you actually close the position. And since you're out next week, why screw around with stocks. All of them will be here when you get back.
$AMZN – pattern is that it rebounds off 20-day moving average. Support is at $1950.
$XRT – resting. Many retail stocks have run their course for now.
$WDFC – just strong. Continues to work.
$COST – same pattern. Just use ...
- DAN: $QQQ $AMZN $AAPL -- the leading tech stocks, and the Nasdaq, are taking a deep breath today. 8-)
- DAN: A lot of our growth stocks are retreating today. Acknowledging my comments this morning about allowing your stocks to 'breathe', I'll remind you that it's important to protect your profits, and to maintain your stops. The location of your stops is ...
- shoredriver: @DAN $CGC $TLRY $F $FB $AMZN $AGN Looks like one of your "shots across the bow" to me
- DAN: $AMZN -- ok, so Amazon peaked yesterday rather than Friday. Still pretty darned good for Fibonacci. 8-)
- Max115: @Dan $AMZN Would you nibble here or wait to see if it gets to the 20 MA
- DAN: @Max115 $AMZN I wouldn't. I think the best thing to do today is something else other than buying. The market needs a breather. Risk is a bit too high for me.
- Greendayguy: @DAN $AMZN Agree Dan, I'm out. Wait for better targets.
- Max115: @DAN $AMZN Thanks Dan, Maybe I'll go breathe a little
- michaelH: @Max115 $AMZN After taking profits in most of my position at the open, Ive got staggered good to cancel orders in to buy at $1827, and $1728! Will probably add another at $1900 or so.
COTD – $AMZN needs a LOT of rest. Can fall much farther than 1990. $1926 is the middle BBand. Alert $1930
$SPX – this is the breather we’ve been wanting. Not much of one (except for Naz). Look at late July. Same thing. Sept i ...
- Wykeman: $AMZN NH in the premarket..
- Kristine: @Wykeman $AMZN - 8 weeks until earnings and likely to be 1T by then....maybe even this week :) I think $2050 would get it there.
- debeers: $AMZN-unveils new Hindi website to battle Flipkart in India.
- otnancy: $AMZN - Purchased Jan, 18 $1900 calls Aug 15, now up 69%. Purchased Jan, 18 $1980 8/27, now up 48%.
- otnancy: $AMZN stock purchased same time only up 7.5%. Just like Dan said!
- WWWilly: $ROKU looks like the big boys not worried about $AMZN , NP
- DAN: $AMZN -- breaking out on 15 minute chart.
- Kristine: $AMZN - $2050!!!! Not sure of the exact number needed for 1 Trillion but it's close enough ;)
- grcjr: @Kristine $AMZN $2050.27 - I expect it to touch that number and then the question is whether the urge to take profits will out weigh the urge to buy more.
- DAN: $AMZN -- I am out of all my positions on AMZN. $2050 is (I think) the $1 trillion mark. Seems like a bit of a magnet, and there's not much upside from here. (I'm not calling a top in AMZN...I'm just protecting my profits, and my account balance. The stock peaks when it peaks. Period.)
- Wolf: $AMZN Right when the news feed came out that $AMZN had topped 1T, it dropped 10 points.
- Kristine: @grcjr $AMZN - Seems that was a sell signal but nice to see that valuation hit.
- GOOSE: $AMZN Hits 1 trillion market cap milestone.
- rck89: $AMZN $NKE STC $AMZN Sep 1985 calls @84.30...BTO @57.1. Sold about half my position...let's see what happens next! $NKE Bought small positions. This too will pass (i.e., ad campaign).
- GOOSE: Repeating: $AMZN Hits 1 trillion market cap milestone.
- mikeo561: @rck89 $AMZN $NKE -- good call on $AMZN @rck89. Congrats!
6. $AMZN – Hit $2050 and rolled. Be bullish...but don’t be stupid.
7. $TLRY – pure momentum. The intraday trading is not difficult. But the gaps are a bit scary.
8. $INSP – holding this.
9. $ABMD – Alert $417
10. $SRP ...
- sierramp: @Forexpro $FB $GOOGL $STT $XLK $XLY Good to hear you are still around, thank you for replying. I'm not in $FB or $GOOGL but I do have a little $AAPL and full position in $AMZN. I don't know whether they will be affected by the changes but I will see what I can learn about it. I appreciate this information. Hope to see you back in the forum on a regular basis when your other obligations allow. Take care.
COTD: $AMZN – trading top. Lower high on Friday, though still strong trend. Below average volume. Fib TZ marks a probable trading top. Take profits here, don’t short. Don’t ever short $AMZN.
$SPX – Great month. ...
- Wolf: $AMZN Opened 8/31 1995/1985 BePS looking for profit taking @ 2000. Hopefully will leg out on dip and bounce. Small position.
- DAN: $AMZN -- $2015 is R1. Looking for at least some supply here. But not much is slowing this stock down.
- traderbren: @DAN $AMZN - looks like it wants to make a run to the $1T marker of $2050ish. I sold my Calls this morning on the move above and felt smart for a moment as it pulled back below $2,000. ..but still happy to bank the dough.
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN $2025 yikes
- DAN: @traderbren $AMZN Good money! You never get out at the top! Nice job, traderbren.
- DAN: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN Looking for $2030 today. Serious buying today...serious buying.
- RedLeaf1: @DAN $AMZN Thanks, that helps!
- DAN: $AMZN -- given the time of day (11 am ET), I'd suggest being careful with AMZN as a day/swing trade. I've been riding this up via trailing stops, but the stock is up 20 bucks. I'm just not looking for more today. I've lightened up a lot.
- Mariojgg: @DAN $AMZN What about a long position? Is good to buy, or wait?
- judysteiner: $AMZN Sold most in my short term acct as well
- DAN: @judysteiner $AMZN Good trade, judy. Not going to get out at the top.... 8-)
- sierramp: I am not as adept at day trading as most in this forum but I'm still happy with my $AMZN buys on 7-2 and 8-1, up 16%. I expect a pull back to the VWAP30 at some point.
- DAN: @Mariojgg $AMZN Can't say, Mariojgg, because I don't know what your idea of "long position" is. I think the stock is ultimately going higher, but I can't say that it won't revisit 2000 at some point. So you've just got to decide whether you're truly able to just buy it and hold it even if it pulls back. I have some long term calls on AMZN, and I've really done nothing with them. I'll accept that they'll likely fall in price when the stock pulls back, but they are intended to be held through the dips, which I consider to be healthy. Personally, I would not buy AMZN today in any timeframe. It's gone too far, too fast. Just my opinion, not a prediction. --Dan
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN are trading stock or options
- Mariojgg: @DAN $AMZN , Good points!! I was thinking on stocks,
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN sold 1/2
- DAN: @Robert1965 $AMZN AMZN -- always options. If you look at the % moves that the stock makes, it rarely moves a lot. But if you consider the $$ it moves, it's a big mover. Timing is everything in AMZN options (always calls; never puts). And it requi ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- notice that AMZN is now just $15 bucks below Morgan Stanley's 1-year price target that they put out last week. That's a big move in a short period of time. Be aware that such a big move could prompt other ratings changes, which could be either way. No predictions -- just something I thought I'd mention.
- Wolf: $AMZN Stands to reason if it went up 25, it could go down 25 to 1975.
- champ: @baronp0329 $VXX $UVXY ---- I took profits on both....because with $VXX, you have to commit.... because it can really chop you up, with all the zig-zags.....$UVXY not so much..it is easier. I was watching $AAPL and $AMZN....these help a little for direction.
- baronp0329: @champ $VXX $UVXY $AAPL $AMZN Closed all UVXY for almost even (loss of 0.05). Didn't have a good entry. Good you made some profit on VXX and UVXY.
- champ: @baronp0329 $VXX $UVXY $AAPL $AMZN ---- Uncertainty is never positive for the markets....need to build a buy-list, like $CQQQ, when the time is right and you know all the others.
- Wykeman: $AMZN popping..close to 1 trillion. Should be passing $AAPL soon.
- Robert1965: $AMZN $ROKU $AMZN up in PM ATH, $ROKU down heard $AMZN to compete with them, didn't get full story
|Stock Price||$USD 1,520.91|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 18.51 10.11%
- $USD 124.40 9.71%
- $USD 51.17 7.74%
- $USD 31.49 -58.78%
- $USD 13.46 -49.81%
- $USD 5.30 -40.92%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 59,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (59,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!