Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $AMZN...added back on the open this morning, full size...expecting dance moves today....however for now, this has cleared the $1,900 level....everyone is watching...this could continue, 3-days left before ER, on Thursday, after the close.
- champ: $AMZN...HOD
- billfumick: There is just NOTHING better than trading the $AMZN freight train when it's working.....
- traderbren: @billfumick $AMZN - yep, when you hop on at the "right" station, its like the bullet train! Enjoy the ride!
- Kristine: @billfumick $AMZN - Golden Cross into earnings. Haven't decided if I'm going sell before earnings or sell an out-of-money call for May 17. Chart sure looks tempting to hold some.
......However, I continue repositioning and also moving back into positions, where I took profits. I also continue to be invested, in the markets around 40-60% on the close...and daily over 120%, on certain days..like today, when I'm holding large d ...
- billfumick: @Kristine $AMZN I won't hold through earnings personally. There will be opportunity to trade $AMZN thereafter.
- bigbartabs: @champ $AMZN #Market-Direction … I'm currently 145% in. And will likely stay near there until the weekly charts tell me that its getting weak. And of course it will... just don't know when. But I'll ride it til it does.
- sierramp: @billfumick $AMZN I sold today at 1926.01 It will probably go up more tomorrow but I'm happy with my profit and no risk into ER.
- debeers: @bRobert $BURL $ROST $DG $DLTR $TGT $COST $TJX $KSS $AMZN $HD --you can't own everything whch is why $KSS has an amazing edge.
- phgruver: @bRobert $NFLX An easy way to buy FAANG stocks is to buy the $QQQ. 10.14% is $AAPL, 9.9% is $AMZN, 8.77% is $GOOG and $GOOGL, and 4.54% is $FB. I'm sure $NFLX is in there somewhere as well, but not in the top 10. Anyway, that's nearly 35% of the holdings of $QQQ. Not nearly the tech stock bell weather the $XLK is.....
- bRobert: @phgruver $NFLX $QQQ $AAPL $AMZN $GOOG $GOOGL $FB $XLK I understand and appreciate the simplicity of that approach. I could make the argument that I should have just bought more $SOXL . Up 150% .
2. $AMZN – Strong $36 move today. Earnings Thursday.
3. $AAPL – strong momentum. Would be looking for higher prices from here in this momentum trade.
4. $NFLX – breakout on volume. Wasn’t very tight…but market is go ...
- champ: $AMZN ...up around $16 off of the lows this morning....going into ER on Thursday. This could be a target...posted
- traderbren: $AMZN - pushing out above $1876
- champ: @traderbren $AMZN----up $31, off of the Low-entry, this morning.....not a lot of rules, when a stock like this moves before ER...but anything could happen as the stock closes in on the $1,900 level...watching but could even get another $50, or more before ER, I wish I knew.
- champ: $AMZN...HOD
- champ: $LGIH $GVA $USCR $FND $WYNN $AMZN, took profits on these position today. ......$TECK took profits on 80%, they will report ER, in the morning. $NUE, also reports, NP. $STLD, reported this morning...NP.
- champ: $AMZN, will be watching again on the open.
- bRobert: @champ $AMZN Still just holding and rolling calls. No hedges yet.
$AMZN – closing this by Thursday close.
$TSLA – Two days to Tesla.
.....$AMZN, is only one of the heavy hitters, that will be reporting next week, this one will be on Thursday, 4/25/after.
......The bottom line is....this is a #Profit-Alert, for set-ups, for moves into earnings.
The only thing I really know for su ...
- bRobert: FAANG Bullish action in the complex. considering the moves $GOOGL oozing out Not at a good buy point Flags $FB $AMZN $AAPL . $NFLX still in consolidation (spec position) Long runway up/down I will add/short with confirmation OVERWEIGHT all except $NFLX spec High longer term targets Stops in place
- traderbren: $AMZN - in contrast to yesterday's sell program, Amazon is getting a bid today, clearing $1850
- debeers: @traderbren $AMZN -the close will be the final arbiter. Good luck!
- bRobert: @traderbren $AMZN $2100 Trading in a very polite technical way. Long calls
- Macdoo42: @bRobert $AMZN $AMZN-Could you share your call price and expiration date? Much appreciated. Any thoughts on $UNH.
- Henry: $AMZN Amazonians any short term thoughts on todays volume 1.9 vs 4.1 mil avg., day two up and expiry in 2 days.
- bRobert: @Henry $AMZN I'd rather have price than volume. Not at a good buy area. I added yesterday on the pb to the 20d. I have a longer term view .
- champ: @Henry $AMZN ---- The markets are moving $AMZN...and volume moved the stock higher and green volume moves in more investors and traders. Everything works together and when it does, that is called entry-timing, for short-term.
- Henry: @champ @bRobert $AMZN Sometimes I am in sync with the stock and I thought it was a good time to buy at the lows yesterday, but I also had self doubts and did nothing. Fat fingered a bear call spread this morning, sold the short call ASAP and made up for it on the long call. Rolled to a 1850 May to be ATM with the intention of selling a spread this afternoon. Amazon is not tracking the $SPY today. I'm long stock and was long May 1850 calls, but I hate to watch the profit disappear literally overnight unless you have a really good entry and a strong stomach. Longs like I sold within $0.50 of the high trade in the option. Tomorrow is another day.
- champ: @Henry $AMZN $SPY ---- Traders are in this stock also, note how it moves with the market..the $DJI...for me, I only day trade this stock because there is risk on all entries and over night swings. However, for Long-term... this is a buy and hold position.
2. $AMZN – Now continuing its earnings run.
3. $QCOM – settling with Apple. Note that AAPL is unch. This pushes $SOX higher. Misleading.
4. $EVTC -- Growth Stock. Alert and breakout above $30. Request: “Hi, I'm ...
- bRobert: $AAPL $AMZN $GOOGL $FB Long all via calls/BCS Gentle pullbacks. Flags High targets for all. I will add to several with a trigger.
$BLUE . $CMG $FLT $DIN . $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI . $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE . $SLCA . $COHR . $GUSH . $BABA $FB . $AMZN . $GOOGL $AAPL . $SOXL . $XLNX . $IR $HON . $MMM . $UTX . $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW . $FTNT etc ...
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $COHR $HD $LOW $LII $IRBT $ILMN $TMO $BCO $LMT $DFEN $MELI $ULTA $LGIH $TSCO $MAN $LEA $ORLY $EDU $STRA $BOOM $BLUE $CMG $FLT $DIN $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE $SLCA $GUSH $BABA $FB $AMZN $GOOGL $AAPL $SOXL $XLNX $IR $HON $MMM $UTX $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW $FTNT Another great post. Thanks again.
- bRobert: @Vhuante $AMZN I think you may be misreading a bit into the statement. Acknowledged failure of Fire phone but huge success of ECHO . They area a cutting edge company and not every effort will pay off. Some like AWS will be HUGE
- debeers: @bRobert $AMZN -And Bezos' sphilosophy is that once a co stops taking risks and following and leading from intelligent hunches, it stops.
- jr3345: @Henry $AMZN just reading thru last nights posts. Price action last two days were not good. Yesterday I rolled up my Jun 1630 calls to Jun 1750 calls. Took most of profits off the table & lowered the delta.
- Henry: @jr3345 $AMZN Sounds like a good plan. I once held (not AMZN) options until the last day. Its an interesting experiment in self introspection. I will never do that again.
- Vhuante: @puttz $ETSY it might have to do with what Bezos said in his annual shareholder letter. 3rd party sales on $AMZN are outpacing Ebay.
- bRobert: $GOOGL . Good price action . W with bullish higher right leg. $1285 . measured move target. $60 . typical zig . Top of range. Long calls. $FB . Consolidation above range breakout . $190/ $225 . targets . $AAPL . Doing nothing wrong . Multiple bullish patterns in motion $215/$230 . targets $AMZN . WEEKLY reversal target $2100. . Gentle consolidation after $250 . move. Pattern tightening up a bit. These have been the go to beta names for playing catch up . for those underperforming the market. The charts and price action certainly support being involved in these big cap tech names. The $SPY is just 1% below its all time high. A move just in this group would drag it well above that level. Reversal pattern . $235 head . $280 . neckline . $325 . measured move target. $3250 S&P 12% . upside POTENTIAL . Contributions from financials, energy, housing /construction . etc . would make the lifting that much easier. Black swan events trump charts. Bullish news flow will continue to support the bullish trend and positive price action.
- Forexpro: Re: $MSFT, $AMZN Hi, Friends, Not a surprise, but the Pentagon has formally announced that the two finalists for its JEDI cloud computing contract - $10 bn, winner takes all - are $MSFT and $AMZN. The loser is $IBM, as $GOOGL pulled out some time ago. $MSFT is doing work for the Chinese government - facial recognition, etc. - that some in the Pentagon may find annoying, but then, how many friends is Jeff Bezos likely to encounter there? No position in $AMZN; I've been long $MSFT since rumors of Mr. Ballmer's involuntary departure began circulating. Hope your day is going well; all the best!
- rck89: @Forexpro $MSFT $AMZN $IBM $GOOGL Do you think that POTUS will play any part in this decision? After all, he's on Jeff B's case at every turn! Just thinking out loud. Thanks.
- grcjr: $DIS $AMZN $MSFT #JEDIcontract - found reference to $DIS using $AMZN AWS. 2017: $DIS "has selected AWS as its preferred public cloud infrastructure provider. " Additional readings reminded me that Microsoft Azure is a software package. For JEDI, $AMZN and $MSFT could jointly win.
- DrScience: @Forexpro $MSFT Those somewhat greener pastures for Ballmer include being the owner of the LA Clippers, where he chose $AMZN web services and AI to, ah, power his team. Guess the past employee discount wasn't good enough at $MSFT..
$AMZN – very slow drift higher.
- Forexpro: @DrScience $MSFT $AMZN LOL, DrScience, I wasn't aware that MonkeyBoy went with Seattle in preference to Redmond for his cloud computing needs. His remaining $MSFT shares continue to fund his lifestyle, I daresay. I grew up a Lakers fan; the Clippers relocated after I hit adulthood. Hope that you're well, and thriving; all the best!
- Henry: $AMZN I posted it would hit 1900 this week, but I lost faith today. It looks like it needs to consolidate. It took a small dump when TOS posted @17:37 edt, that Bezos challenged others to raise the minimum wage. That's not quite what I would call leading by example, but it hit 1830 in pm. Long next week expiring calls; the downside looked like it could be more than the upside. I managed to hold them for longer than Dad would countenance. I dumped all my calls this afternoon and while I could have done better selling earlier in the week, as Dan says, entry is everything and I did pretty darn well.
- beachreader: @Henry $AMZN ..not sure many will take him on that challenge... amazon monopoly is not that its raises prices but it lowers prices. probably good buying opportunity ...yes i am long the stock since 2006
- Vhuante: @Henry $AMZN I think the more concerning parts of the stock holder letter were the paragraphs explaining how "multi-billion-dollar failures" can be constructive long term... it seems like he might be preparing shareholders for bad news, at least in the short term.
- gmj: @CraigReynolds $AMZN #ATR #Chandelier I have always had trouble with stops along the lines of which you speak. Recently I have been more disciplined requiring all my stocks to be in uptrends, then using the 8, 20, 50sma as my alerts to make a decisio ...
champ: @Bob E $AMZN #Great-alert-Post --- A lot of news about the divorce and shares, around 4/3.
.......4/4:...Then the news on 4/4...her amount of shares, no sells in the short term, then the bounce.
.......4/5:...OK, everything looks fine, the move cont ...
- spmeyers: @CraigReynolds $AMZN #ATR #Chandelier might be the hardest part of trading I think; the key of course is a good entry that is close to a logical stop; Dan's big mantra is don't take big losses; and I haven't, but I have had a LOT of small losses this year
- Mojomoney: Dan say he could easily see $Amzn run up to 2000 before earning so how would you play straight call options. Or is it hard to explain
- CraigReynolds: @gmj $AMZN $PALL #ATR #Chandelier Thanks, it will help.
- indigo1948: @spmeyers $AMZN #ATR #Chandelier - small losses are good business losses for me but it does drive my accountant crazy and my return costs up. I would rather pay the accountant than take a big loss- abd I do.
- Henry: $AMZN just went green for the day
- DAN: @Mojomoney $Amzn I don't think call options are a good idea, Mojomoney. The stock can move in big swings -- look at the range just today, and this is actually a pretty tight range. So the price of calls (or puts) is expensive and volatile. Every once in a while it's really profitable to buy call options on AMZN. But most of the time, it's an expensive bet to make.
- DAN: @spmeyers $AMZN #ATR #Chandelier Make sure you're not overtrading, and that you are being very selective on your entries.
- champ: $DJ.... down 195 point, not all that much going on...just traders taking some profits off. .....$AAPL ...posted yesterday about a clean move thur $200...would be an add-on entry, for a few. .....$AMZN...for now, this is holding up really nice....and is a wait and see, what the markets does. Know real surprises, about the markets today. The first move mostly over...and investors are on hold...and are mostly just watching and waiting for the swing traders, to finish taking profits.
- beachreader: anyone adding to $AMZN at these levels?
- Henry: @Dan #Confirmation Bias. You never mention this, but Scott Adams talks about it about it often. You interpret any new data, whatever it is, as proof of your belief. I was watching $AMZN and /ES at the open and was tempted to post, but didn't want to lead anyone astray. As the market and the E-minis went down, every 5 min bar it seemed to me that AMZN tried to go higher, then closed lower, while the futures were just headed directly lower. It also seemed to me the SPY futures turned around earlier and more decisively than AMZN which led me to believe it was wishful thinking. How do you know when you are "in sync" vs wishful thinking?
1. $AMZN – I’m looking for 2000 by earnings.
2. $PANW – Looking very good here. Would keep a stop below the 50-day MA (very low risk), and look, for more upside. No earnings for 2 months.
3. $CYBR – Growth stock. Working o ...
The last several days $AMZN had a price range from $15 to $52 Eyeballing it the average is $33.50. There is a technical indicator to help you called Average True Range. Without going into the weeds, for AMZN it's $30.
A chandelier stop is 3 x ...
- CraigReynolds: @Henry $AMZN #ATR #Chandelier This is a problem I have been battling being stopped out then stocks reversing it seems right after I'm out. Not sure there is any good way to set stops
- rverkamp: $AMZN is this a good place to add
- bRobert: $AMZN . higher high. Creeping up and out. Higher risk entry here.. Easy hold with stop . Long calls
- champ: @rverkamp $AMZN ---- Moves with the market, maybe add a trading position.
- rverkamp: @bRobert $AMZN Thanks
- bRobert: @rverkamp $AMZN Higher risk entry here unless small. and Stop just below $1799
- grcjr: @bRobert $AMZN - been in this one most of the time for months, taking profits at relative highs. Sometimes closing. Sometimes rolling up/out. Lost a bit in the immediate aftermath of the crashes. Long May calls. Modest size holding. May expiration minus 45 was Tuesday 4/2. Looking to hold 1-3 weeks.
- tkcoretrader: @cpenotte $BA I sometimes get the feeling if you don't buy this stock in the pre-market before the bell around 3-4 AM you miss the pop. This is were I made coin with $AMZN.
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, Jeff is keeping 75 percent of his $AMZN shares (and WaPo); McKenzie receives 25 percent in their divorce settlement. I don't know what she was worth at the time of their marriage, but I'm willing to bet that she has come out ahead. I am curious as to whether, or for how long, she plans to hang on to the shares. That's a fair amount of potential overhang if she does decide to diversify (if the FT is correct, she'll own c. 19 mio shares). Hope your day is going well; all the best!
- CraigReynolds: @Forexpro $AMZN There is probably some fine print someplace in agreement.
- billfumick: @Forexpro $AMZN 25% is the equivalent to $38 Billion.... I think shes good! lol
- Spotdog: @Forexpro $AMZN Do you think that she is looking for an older man?
- champ: @Spotdog $AMZN---- She looking at all men, they are looking at her, for sure.
- beachreader: $AMZN 1826 now
- Ajax4Hire: @beachreader $AMZN Yes, Alert=$1823.76(AMZN) cup-handle breakout technically triggered as =$1828.43 after-hours now. Market for $AMZN=Amazon not open yet, so provisional trigger.
Henry: @Ajax4Hire $AMZN The if from the fly,
Jefferies analyst Brent Thill continues to see 27% near-term upside from current levels for shares of Amazon.com but longer-term, he sees a roadmap to a $3,000-plus stock price. The analyst keeps a Buy rating on ...
- cb: $AMZN is this for real Check out the 1 min candle @10:23. With a range of $15.55 I see these from time to time and wonder whats the meaning.
- Henry: @cb $AMZN I see it too, I don't know how that can happen with a stock as heavily traded as that. Maybe it's just a bad print
- cb: @Henry $AMZN if you were the one waitng to get in at 1810 wow what instant savings and what a deal ;)
- champ: @cb $AMZN ---- If you look at the 1-minute time frame, in front and behind...that looks like a buy of 10,000 shares..big boy, big boy. ---- They think that was entry and they could be right....#Great-alert-Post...Thanks!
- Bob E: @champ $AMZN #Great-alert-Post Hello Champ, I get some "big boy' buying 10,000 shares at $1810.00, but what I don't get is why is sold off that much to begin with. As others have said I see this happening every now and then but have never been able to figure out why. (Perhaps it is a glitch in the algorithm?)
- kt4000: Bought $BEAT before the close yesterday holding it - sold $AMZN and $APPL yesterday added $NTNX and $SDOW this morning - sold all of the $CMCSA at the open (ex-div today) and buying more $FLO and $AUY
COTD: $AMZN – Watching for continuation. Alert $1823.
$SPX – not much change.
$DJT – top of range.
1. $NSC – Phase 2?
2. $CSX – Phase 2?
$NDX – closing in on a new high. Just 200 more pts to go.
From yesterday ...
- grcjr: $AMZN set to open above $1800
- bRobert: $AMZN . small w . $1850 . VERY Short term target . $2100 longer term. Long calls
- bRobert: FAANG . $AMZN $GOOGL $AAPL $FB All doing well and will help drag SPY . to nh's . (SPY also getting help from other sectors today). If risk on, these will work well. Long all from below. . $NFLX . more spec sized than the others. for now. That may change with a breakout
- champ: $DJI...it would be nice if the Fang stocks would help the markets...$AAPL and $AMZN...and others.
- debeers: $AMZN- Question for all of you that follow this stock. I noticed this am that $AMZN 's WA space was taken over by Zara and they have plans to hire 800 new ee's in Texas. Curious as to how much this will save them. Does anyone in the Forum know.
Forexpro: @debeers $AMZN
Hey, Lady DeBeers,
So far as I can discern, the events weren't directly linked. Zara bought the buildings from USAA, which leases space to $AMZN; the pieces I looked at didn't mention whether the Amazonians were leaving the building ...
- debeers: @Forexpro $AMZN -thanks, sir! Hope YOU are faring well, all the best :).
- kt4000: sold $LABU, 1/2 $AMZN at the open - bought $FLO, more $TNDM, but overweight cash
- bRobert: $AMZN Flag Reversal pattern. $2100 /$2150+ Neckline $1700/$1750 Head $1300 Long calls from below
- kt4000: I still own the worst stock ever - $CVS..... I did cut it in half a few days ago - adding more $APPL and $AMZN
- kt4000: sold all small positions I re-started on Friday - $AMZN, $PRAH, $SFIX, $VIPS
- kt4000: sold $ZUO, $CVS, $AMZN, $SFIX, $AWI - all of it - added $STAG unfortunately it feels like a very bad end to the day is looming ahead.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,994.49|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 25th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 17.75 42.88%
- $USD 77.93 25.65%
- $USD 8.95 25.29%
- $USD 24.79 %
- $USD 5.58 -22.96%
- $USD 9.36 -21.28%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!