Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $AMZN, I can clearly see $2,700, in my Rear-View mirror.
- ckonelli: @champ LOL King $AMZN
The nice folks at TastyTrade put out a research piece today noting, for roughly the 1,000th time this month, that approximately half of the gains in the Nazz since the Mar 23 nadir have been driven by just five tickers ($AAPL, $MSFT, $AMZN, $FB, $GO ...
- Richlion1: @Forexpro $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $FB $GOOGL $SPY $QQQ Thanks Forexpro, always good to read your comments.
- Cheezit: @Forexpro $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $FB $GOOGL $SPY $QQQ Thanks Forexpro, good stuff. To warm, my grass is dead, can't water it enough. Next week should be bringing some rain hopefully.
- Bsielingtx: @Forexpro $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $FB $GOOGL $SPY $QQQ -Thanks as well for info. Reminds of 1999!!!
$AMZN -- I would look for $3,000.
$GSX -- from June 15th. “$GSX -- Huge volume on this massive move. High momentum. Watch for higher prices.. Alert $55.89” New alert $60.03
$LULU -- Trade review. This was a good series of exits. Al ...
- Cheezit: @DAN $CODX $SPX $COMPQX $NDX $BYND $DXCM $RNG $TDOC $TWLO $DELL $VMW $SPOT $XBI $KDMN $ALEC $NVAX $BCYC $INVA $NLTX $RMD $UPS $AMZN $GSX $LULU $CMG $QDEL $VIPS Recording sounded much better. If you wondering..:)
- chrisdundas: @Cheezit $CODX $SPX $COMPQX $NDX $BYND $DXCM $RNG $TDOC $TWLO $DELL $VMW $SPOT $XBI $KDMN $ALEC $NVAX $BCYC $INVA $NLTX $RMD $UPS $AMZN $GSX $LULU $CMG $QDEL $VIPS I second that. Sound was great! Thx Dan!
- Hank1: $AMZN ... I am adding to my position if it closes above 2700.
- ckonelli: $AMZN looks like it is ready to move
- Hank1: @ckonelli ... $AMZN sold my August 2700 call on the rally and bought it back on the AZ news. My thesis is that it rally's into July earnings.
- ckonelli: $AMZN making its afternoon run
- champ: @ckonelli $AMZN ---- Shorts are covering...
- Hank1: $AMZN ... Just sold August 2700 call again. Will buy it back on a pull back to 2670 or a close above 2700.
- kycol: @shoredriver $SHOP News I see is that $SHOP & $WMT are teaming to take on $AMZN for on-line sales! NP yet.
- shoredriver: @kycol $SHOP $WMT $AMZN ...old news from earlier in week.......
- Bert953: #MrMarket seems lethargic today. the gap up this morning was sold into. Many charts showing gap dojis or gap & craps. Indecision or inflection point.... who knows? Happy I sold into the gap this morn on some of my higher priced calls $AMZN $MELI $ORCL. Nibbled on some $MSFT & $LULU. Lets be careful out there!!
- champ: @Bert953 $AMZN $MELI $ORCL $MSFT $LULU #MrMarket ----In the mornings...that is exactly how #swing-trades work, swing-traders take some profits off on the bounce and that is never going to change, just like you did. ......Fed Chair Powell, has already made a few negative comments this morning also and that is never going to change either. He is never #market-friendly, when he is making comments.
- champ: $AMZN, $SSO...still trading both.
- Bert953: @Bridget would you sell a Jun 19 2650/2660 Call on $AMZN in this market condition?
- Bridget: @Bert953 $AMZN no, don't sell such short dated bear call spreads. It is better to sell 30-45 days before expiration.
- vatradergreg: @Bert953 $AMZN - I'm not @Bridget and don't mean to butt in, but I would maybe think twice on this one. You're risking almost 9 to make 1 its always better to try and collect at least 1/3 the width of the spread which would be around 3.33. Hope this helps..
- mikeo561: @Bridget $AMZN -- hi there. Is there any concern with this trade that $AMZN can move up 120 points between now and 30 days from now? I've gotten clipped quite a few times on this exact trade when $AMZN moves up suddenly 100 points in a day? Just trying to learn. Thanks.
- phgruver: @mikeo561 $AMZN Not @Bridget, but, um, do the arithmetic. A $120 move on a $2500+ stock is less than 0.5%. That's a very possible, even likely, move.
- Bridget: @mikeo561 $AMZN yes, there is always that risk. These trades are never guarantees. You must always control your risk. But giving yourself some more time gives you a better risk:return and you can better weather the big swings in the stock.
- mikeo561: @phgruver $AMZN -- Ha! Yes, you are correct. That used to be a larger percentage back when $AMZN was $1500 per share a few days ago........... ;-)
- mikeo561: @Bridget $AMZN -- Thank you.
- stairm01: @Bwhitty $SPY At 2 O'clock the intradays started ticking higher. $MSFT $NVDA $AMZN $SPY on and on
- Bwhitty: @stairm01 $SPY $MSFT $NVDA $AMZN Yea about 10 million shares just decided they really want the dip to be over.
- scottto_2: #Robinhood - From what I gather it is not a type of trade, it is simply an investment App that is geared to younger, retail investors to try to get them access to the markets. The rise of Robinhood traders is being touted as a sign that the market is getting bubbly because average Joe's are jumping into the market, which can be a sign that we're topping out. Specifically, the app lets people trade in fractional shares so they can spend $100 on a piece of $AMZN or $TSLA rather than having to pay the huge stock price. So many of the trades they're gravitating to are the huge movers of late, trying to catch some big pops since they're kinda late to the party at this point.
- cgendro1: @scottto_2 $AMZN $TSLA #Robinhood I guess this guy is on E-Trade but he's pretty interesting as he touts daytrading. Since sport betting has taken a hit, this is his new platform LOL! https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1272178820305637383?s=20
- Babutters: @cgendro1 $AMZN $TSLA #Robinhood davey day trader global. Great for pizza reviews, bad for trading.
- kbrowe: @scottto_2 $AMZN $TSLA #Robinhood You are spot on. Much of the volatility (not all) lately in certain stocks is from these new Daytraders who figure that they are going to kill the market. And an outlet for a game of chance, since there is no sports betting currently. I'm thinking that Composite Man is watching and is going to profit immensely from them at some point soon (maybe already started). Look at the recent action in $HTZ. I'm thinking the capital raise by selling shares while in bankruptcy, and resulting dilution, is just going to end up in the pockets of bond holders in the end. It's scaring me a little and I'm getting a DejaVu feeling remembering the dot com bubble back at the turn of the century, and am scaling out of some holdings raising cash.
- spmeyers: @Margi1983 $SPY $MAIN $AAPL $AMZN $CLOU $DUK $GSBD $NFLX $SQ if you look at a 5-year chart for many strong stocks the covid bear market is not all that bad [so far]
- kbrowe: $HTZ Possibly for the more aggressive traders, but not me. Bankrupt Hertz wants to sell shares One of the more curious bankruptcies in recent memory just got a little odder with word that Hertz Global $HTZ wants to sell up to $1B in shares following a sizable rally (a court ruling could come today). "The recent market prices of and the trading volumes in Hertz’s common stock potentially present a unique opportunity for the company to raise capital on more favorable terms than the strings-attached loans that many other bankrupt companies get," stated Hertz attorneys on the strategy. Related? Hertz has been extremely popular on Robinhood over the last few weeks, with twice as many users snapping up shares than in Amazon $AMZN or $MSFT
- Bwhitty: @kbrowe $HTZ $AMZN $MSFT Trade that makes no sense and gambling without gambling. Bought 100 share on a momentum trade at 2.80s and sold 70 shares in the 5s. Now the last 30 shares I am just going to let ride.
- DAN: Stocks are set to rebound this morning after the 27th worst day in market history -- a definitive institutional distribution day. My crystal ball (and I actually do have one that was given to me by a member about 12 years ago) is not working. I jus ...
- Kid2old: @DAN $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $TSLA $NFLX DPRC, Disabled Persons Railcard (UK)
- DAN: @Kid2old $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $TSLA $NFLX Democratic People's Republic of California.
- noquarter: @DAN $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $TSLA $NFLX :)))))))))))))))
- champ: $AMZN... $2,551...was LOD....had entry, might work.
- champ: $AMZN.....stopped out at entry.....Chop-Chop.
- Auto: $AMZN shorting $TSLA short working 8>)
- champ: $AMZN--$SSO....looks like the game started...
- champ: $AMZN, I did not swing this position.
- scottto_2: #Minervini - Thanks to those in the Forum who mentioned Mark Minervini. I just received one of his books from $AMZN today and so far it's a great read!
- CraigReynolds: Today is education day. Hard to build a position, even with good entries in the current environmental situations. See the wisdom of taking profits sooner than losing later. Case in point, did not want to sell my $AMZN yesterday (I knew it was going higher), had really good profits, since I sold, the stock has gone south 95 points. Now looking to re-enter at some point. I wish I would have sold a few other positions, now restart. Education day, wish all a blessed day, great to smell the roses.
- RunninwtheBulls: @CraigReynolds $AMZN I would agree with this thought, I am new to this and have been building positions in $C $SNAP $WORK $PING $X and was starting to see some profits building and now that is all going to change, must say it is deflating to see all that hard work go away. Bright side is that I am starting to see that I am learning how to see the right entry points and will just have to start over.
- CraigReynolds: @RunninwtheBulls $AMZN $C $SNAP $WORK $PING $X I have found by not reacting to days like this, all is good and will come back. If it does not, need to evaluate stops. I did take my stops off
- RunninwtheBulls: @CraigReynolds $AMZN $C $SNAP $WORK $PING $X Since I was most of my money was in the market I moved up some of my stops in some of my smaller positions to break even points, this way I would have some money to put to work once things shake out.
- grcjr: $AMZN about to recover to yesterday's close.
- scottto_2: Joined by King $AMZN
- champ: @scottto_2 $AMZN ---- Up $50.00 off of LOD....
- ckonelli: $AMZN in the green
- Richlion1: $amzn moving up. Day trading a fair amount. tight stops. Have a core position I've been holding onto.
- Bert953: @mustardman Yes, thanks to the SSM team, I did the same whereas before I'd have put up market orders to close out asap. BIG MISTAKE. Happily my account is still up near ATH. I did close out some positions in profit, some small losses and cut all underperformers. Per Bridget's note this morn, I do see some headwinds and Im planning on getting more in cash especially over the weekend. Still long bull call/Put spreads on $AMZN, $MELI $TSLA but Im looking to sell them today. Also long a few $SPXS OTM Call leaps as economic and/or pandemic woes could cause a market reversal at any time. Looks like this dip is being bought, but lets be careful out there.
- scottto_2: $SPY showing no signs of firming. That underlying pull has me reconsidering my longs other than $AMZN (which I'm only running the clock out on some deep-in-the-money June calls for the last 12% or so).
- ckonelli: $AMZN $MSFT take a look at some the charts for the last few minutes
- champ: $AMZN...$2540, had a flash low, a few minutes ago.
- ckonelli: @champ $AMZN that flash low was up so quickly someone came in and bought
- Herb: @champ $AMZN Was that a bona fide print?
- champ: @Herb $AMZN ---- For computers, they were at work.
- grcjr: @debeers $MSFT postponed pending legislation regulating the technology. $AMZN did the same yesterday. Looks like $IBM did the same this past Monday. The ACLU is jumping in also. Imagine the desire after 9/11 for a system in airports to search for people on the watch list. Privacy issue vs national security.
- issues: @champ $AMZN Limit buy order at $2430
- champ: $SSO $AMZN....could be getting a turn and we won't know that until after it happens.
- champ: @issues $AMZN --- That would be real nice.......
- champ: @champ $SSO $AMZN....Fast Trades.....these turns don't last very long, pick-up a +$1.06 and $12.16, by the time I post, they are almost over.
- Margi1983: @DAN Great advice and I enjoy tracking my trades, which I was doing when your note hit the Forum. Oh do I love stops. I went from 81% stocks to 19% stocks today with 59 partials either stopped out or closed by me to book profits. My account only went ...
- CraigReynolds: $AMZN premarket is moving again. Maybe Dan's 2675 will be hit today.
- DAN: @CraigReynolds $AMZN I think that will be taken out today.
- ckonelli: @scottrades $BYND $TSLA $AMZN all moving along BTW enjoyed the strategy session thanks :)
- CraigReynolds: $AMZN Watching stock now at 3BB. Since Monday, wow
- champ: $AMZN @ $2,660....still climbing ....Jefferies today with their price tgt at $3,100. A nice clean move through $2,600.....
- champ: @CraigReynolds $AMZN ---- All of the positive News Flow is outstanding. Past News that I saw was about a Member-Sale that starts on or around 6/22, don't know if that Sale is still on.
- Henry: @champ $AMZN Fast Money 1/2 time made a big deal out of Joe Terranova selling AMZN today. He said he was overexposed to Nasdaq stocks and is keeping AAPL & MSFT
- champ: @Henry $AMZN ---- Thats nice to know but I always expect traders will take profits. However for me, I #added at $2,634.50, to my Day-Trade. Did you see that News, that I posted about the Senate today.
- CraigReynolds: @Henry $AMZN I took profits at $2665 on my option trade from Monday. It was at 3BB and thought, I could always buy it back. Now the watch. This has been an amazing run in the short time period.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers #Core-position Because for that reason, will be able to do it again. Profits were to good for me to pass up.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $AMZN #CopyCat-sellers #Core-position --- Exactly.....
- champ: @CraigReynolds $AMZN --- #CopyCat-sellers gave traders a chance to add-back this morning, at around that LOD at $2630. Thats probably why that V happened, at exactly that level. This stock has really positive News-Flow. This is the best-trading stock in the markets because it is easy to trade off of News and I trade this stock all the time, around my #Core-position...but only when I feel like I have timing. .....Just saying....
- champ: $SPY, Day-2 --- The over-all #Markets, had sell the News. However many stocks held-up, really nice and $AMZN, $AAPL, $MSFT, were a few. The markets started setting-up for Fed-Day, on Tuesday...but the News today was positive about the Feds, protecti ...
$AMZN -- spinning top...and looking like a...top.
$AAPL -- New high.
$NFLX -- Meh. Low RS.
$NVDA -- New high.
$GOOGL -- Note low RS
Growth Stocks Requiring Comments:
$MSFT -- really great move out of a squeeze. Textbook...just wish volume was a ...
- sniper: I could use a little help here or another side of eyes I'm Trading $tqqq,$soxl,$aapl$msft$amzn on Friday I took a quarter off the triples as my old process has me take off a little when it hits 70 RSI I have a feeling or intuition the markets going to roll but looking at the chart I can't push any buttons just move stops
Forexpro: @sniper $tqqq $soxl $aapl $msft $amzn
Here's hoping that you're doing well. My unscientific survey suggests that momentum indicators work best when looking for an upturn. My standard chart setup includes stochastics; when they're scrap ...
- phgruver: @sniper $tqqq $soxl $aapl $msft $amzn Just to add another perspective.... After 2 really strong up days, it's only to be expected that the market will pause to consolidate. The day's action has yet to be seen, but I will be surprised if it's more than a garden variety pause in the uptrend. I will, of course, be evaluating, during the day, whether to buy the pullback, or lighten up a bit. Every day, we have to play it by ear....
- champ: @sniper $AMZN, was upgraded this morning , to $3,000, see my post. LOL
- sniper: @Forexpro $tqqq $soxl $aapl $msft $amzn thank you very much for the reply
- sniper: @champ $AMZN thank you
- Auto: $FB $ZNGA $AMZN $INTU $RMD $DPZ added
- CraigReynolds: $AMZN Doing great today, my call spread from yesterday trading session has made up for the other losses today. Love the nuggets from trading session Dan conducts. It seems something good always happens.
- joelsg1: $AMZN Looks like @Dan 2625 target may hit today, in which case selling June 2420 calls
- champ: @sniper @CraigReynolds $AMZN ---- My entry post yesterday at $2,500, really worked-out because of these 2-upgrades this morning by both, $BAC/Merrill and $WFC, and both are moving in their #Wealth-Management customers, they both have an #huge-client-base. .......I was thinking yesterday, that something was going on and now looking back, it sure looks like yesterday they started moving-in their clients before they posted the News today. ......Both of their price targets are set at $3,000. ......Maybe it will break thought $2,600, in the next few days. #Lucky-timing yesterday. LOL
- ckonelli: $AMZN - moving along nicely
- joelsg1: $AMZN Sold 1/2 June 2240 calls at target, thanks again @Dan
- DAN: @joelsg1 $AMZN Nice job, joelsg1. 8-)
- DAN: @CraigReynolds $AMZN Awesome, Craig! Great job.
- sniper: @champ $AMZN $BAC $WFC #Wealth-Management #huge-client-base #Lucky-timing thanks for thinking about about me $amzn my biggest postion, wow what a week and wow what a month [happy]
- martyrb3: $AMZN RBC raised price target to 3300
|Stock Price||$USD 3,128.99|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 22nd, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 8.75 55.36%
- $USD 6.58 54.38%
- $USD 38.77 41.70%
- $USD 74.48 -48.53%
- $USD 8.25 -38.71%
- $USD 7.05 -37.62%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 73,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (73,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!