Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- traderbren: $AMZN - closed the gap on the downside from 7/2....watch how it closes on the day.
- bRobert: @traderbren $AMZN WEEKLY breakout retest
- Motorman: @bRobert $AMZN Space flight tomorrow morning.
- scottto_2: $AMZN - Tempted here but.... if you've followed along with the recent pattern repeat, the next move is a gap down....
- Motorman: @scottto_2 $AMZN Nice chart, Launch tomorrow morning, $AMZN much bigger than $SPCE but we saw what happened with that successful launch...and secondary.
- issues: @scottto_2 $AMZN I'm looking to add in the box between 3450 and 3400. Keep you powder dry Pilgrim. Wait til you see the whites in their eyes.
$AMZN - closed lower on the day, but the stock put in a bullish hammer candlestick on the retest of the $3500 breakout level. Earnings are due out on 7/29.
$ASML - closed at the highs of the day after gapping down to the 50-day EMA. Earnings are du ...
I have another position I'm down on. $LRCX. I know what I should have done - sell at the peak. But I did that with $AMZN and it blasted above the peak. So this time I decided to hold $LRCX to see what it would do. It didn't break out. So now I have ...
- Bwhitty: $AMZN testing weekly breakout from above.
- Wolf: $AMZN Next stop 20 DMA?
- MR.WU: @Wolf $AMZN what’s that number I don’t have my chart up?
- Wolf: @MR.WU $AMZN 3559
- MR.WU: @Wolf $AMZN ok thanks might add if it holds
- champ: @Wolf $AMZN --- Good question, however I always just wait for the next turn, it will turn on the next positive News event. Since May.. to that last ATH on Tuesday 7/13, that was a $650 move..and now there are still investors taking profits off, don't know Why they waited so long, I guess they were guessing that last move would continue and it probably #will make some type of move before earnings, however the size of that move is unknown and it also unknown what the low before earnings is going to be and LOD today was at $3,572...so in the last 4-days this stock dropped around $200...so for me, I'm just waiting for a new entry, for a another possible New trade and that might happen...but thats unknown also.
You probably don't want to be confused further with the facts so i probably don 't have to mention to you that $AMZN is up a breathtaking 10.4%. and we have to waste our time with this one once a day at the very least.AND YOU GET TO PAY THEM FOR T ...
- bRobert: $AAPL testing 8d so is $MSFT but it is green $285 target acquired It owes you nothing Could come in closer to the 20 WEEK soon $FB $330 50d target WEEKLY uptrend still intact $AMZN strong pullback testing 20d WEEKLY breakout Some bounce would be expected $GOOGL stellar weekly uptrend Owes you nothing When the leaders fail.........nothing lest to prop up the market
- scottrades: My #Swing notes: $SPY / $QQQ Under the 8EMA = Protective $UUP Coming out of a long consolidation $XLU Bullish Weekly. $AVTR Still above the MAs $CRWD Watching to see if this can base along the 21 EMA $AMGN Watch 250 $V / $MA Holding up well. $PG Strong close $IIPR Watch 210.60 $INMD Still in trend, Earnings on July 28 $BNTX Out of a slope on Volume $AMZN Watch the 21 EMA
- champ: Certain stocks are dropping the indices, the markets, in the Tech sector we all know that this drop was trigger by $AMZN and $AAPL...then #CopyCat-sellers go to work....and they are always real good at selling...they see Red and they sell....and we all will do the same, at some point.
- bugpack28: @champ $AMZN $AAPL #CopyCat-sellers Then the big money comes back in and attack of the copycat-buyers… let’s see when they come in?
- scottrades: My #SS Notes: These Charts are being held together with lumber and nails: $HD and $LOW $SPY It’s slim pickins out here. But we didn’t break down. $QQQ Closed above the 8EMA. Trend still in tact $DIA Bounce off the 8EMA on volume. $XLP Holding above the 50 Day. $AAPL Still in trend, what’s your time frame? $AMZN Watch the 21 EMA for a breakout backtest $V / $MA Watch for a pullback buy. $DAVA Nice Base $DIS Working but not Buyable here $PYPL Out of this now. $PG Close above resistance. $HD / $LOW $PM Not for everyone $VALE Outperforming most miners. $CLF Watching 23.45 $REGN High Tight Weekly Flag. $AMGN Slope from the Jan high.
- Craig97003: @scottrades $HD $LOW $SPY $QQQ $DIA $XLP $AAPL $AMZN $V $MA $DAVA $DIS $PYPL $PG $PM $VALE $CLF $REGN $AMGN #SS Hey Scott, Thanks for the Strategy Session today. The first section of your talk helped very much. For the last few days I have felt like I've had a hundred little paper cuts in my portfolios. I'm going to sit on my hands for a while.... and try not to trade when I do not need to. But these days I feel like selling all my positions, then waiting a bit and starting over with new positions and new stops.
- manoli77: @scottrades $HD $LOW $SPY $QQQ $DIA $XLP $AAPL $AMZN $V $MA $DAVA $DIS $PYPL $PG $PM $VALE $CLF $REGN $AMGN #SS Great video Scott....I was going through some utility stock charts in the $XLU and came across $NEE. It has consolidating for a while and squeezing. Looks as if broke resistance today. It sits above the 20 EMA and 50 EMA and just broke through the 200 EMA. Your thoughts?
- bRobert: $GOOGL $2600 WEEKLY flag trigger target in motion Sooner than later Daily breakout from tight consolidation Retest.........bounce Very polite $AAPL Nearly a year of consolidation leading up to the WEEKLY breakout $190+ $MSFT Walking up the WEEKLY upper channel $290 $AMZN A year of sideways WEEKLY breakout $3800 /$5000 longer term 6 months plus Repeat WEEKLY breakout move $FNGU De todo un poco WEEKLY consolidation $45/ $65 potential
- artistcove: $AMZN news? rocket
- traderbren: $AMZN - after a test of the 8 ema its now printing a bullish candle...but it comes down to how it finishes on the day.
- Pokersmith: @traderbren $AMZN "but it comes down to how it finishes on the day" You are so right.
- ckonelli: $MSFT $AAPL $AMZN $GOOG - take a look at $MSFT chart
- Cjauger: $AMZN looking strong
- Cjauger: $AMZN making new highs
- Momentariness: @Cjauger $AMZN thanks for the great post at 9:54
- champ: $AMZN....HOD, real nice, now up $65 off of LOD..expect zig-zags.
- bRobert: $AMZN $3850 flag target Higher long term
- champ: $AMZN and there is 12 trading days left before they report.
- champ: $AAPL @ $147 and $AMZN @ $3,748...which one is going to outperform before they report, it would be great if we knew that answer.
- champ: $AMZN....obviously everything is being worked. The markets look alright but everything is zig-zagging
- scottrades: Some ugly Daily Candles on some Leaders like $AMZN, $BABA $FB, $SQ and $PYPL. Consider partial profits on these if you haven't taken any home yet.
$AMZN - bearish hammer candlestick printed today after the recent run up to new highs, setting up for a pullback to the $3500-$3550 breakout level in the near-term. Earnings are due out on 7/29.
$BAC - the stock continues to struggle at the 20-day ...
- champ: $GNRC $CMG $CARR $STLD $CLF, $GVA nice close on these Investment positions and I'm also holding others,...however I took profits on this one $AAPL...and I will watch to get back-in and I parked it next to $AMZN.
- zman: @Margi1983 @debeers $AAPL $AMZN $ARCB $BOOT $GM $GNRC $LAD $MTDR $NUE $RH $EL #davidortiz in 2019 I was a patient in Mass General and stayed in Fisher House. The morning after my surgery the nurse told me that my next door neighbor was David Ortiz, recovering from that gunshot wound. Full disclosure…I am a yankee fan (NYC born and bred)…living in NH so Wasn’t a fan of Ortiz. Until I met him and spent that week in the hospital interacting with him, What a great human being and with a circle of great friends. We still keep in touch and unless they are playing the Yankees, , I am now a BOSOX fan!
- bRobert: $AMZN. $3850. short term technical target $4000/$5000. Chart. guesstimate ........by. Jan. Long. Call spreads Pullback bounces. Yesterday was a good one
- debeers: @bRobert $AMZN -yes it was. Whenever the market starts out down 500+ points, i go to the vomitorium and asdd to or buy what i like a lot. $AMZN is one of three stocks and $RH is another that, after throwing up, you add to them. Tic traders miss a lot of these great opportunities.
- bRobert: @debeers $AMZN $RH $RH. $800. Small C&H. WEEKLY. STRONG HOLDING STOCK Multi year winner. Why the shorts?
- debeers: @bRobert $AMZN $RH --i cannot explain ineptitude but i canm tell you this. i am VERY GRATEFUL for the short interest because it is rocket fuel to Friedman's insecurity---he doesn't dare stop! he also feels that since he grew up believing he would never be inclused in the inner circles of the yupper crust, he feels he has to outwork and out glam anything else on the market: his catalog isn't just a catalog it is a 27 pound doorstop, his rooftop restaurants out glam anything in the area. and on an on. you get the drift.
- zman: @bRobert $AMZN $RH FWIW I have made more shorting $RH than owning it 🤷♂️. So I guess the answer to your question is “because it’s profitable”
- bRobert: @zman $AMZN $RH More money has been made on the long side. Look at the WEEKLY chart. 600%. gain in 2 years just holding Any stock can be shorted. Kudos to your timing but that is the harder trade here.
- zman: @bRobert $AMZN $RH you have to take what the market gives you.
- debeers: $RH-Scotty @Scottrades did you stay in this? Gosh i hope so. $AMZN- i couldn't get the 50 buck pull back i wanted on this one early on this am. Only down 43 at the low so discipline kicked in and i added to $LAD instead.
- bRobert: $AMZN. $3850. target. sooner than later. WEEKLY. breakout from long consolidation. Powerful force. $4000/$5000 measured move targets . longer term eg. Jan 2022
- Louis Berg: @bRobert $AMZN Thank you Robert.
- bRobert: @Louis Berg $AMZN thank. Mr. Bezos
- Carpe_Diem: $PANW $CRWD $S $AMZN- Rapidly rising e-commerce activities will be the key driver for the global cyber security market growth during the forecast period. E-commerce giants such as Amazon are fast diversifying their businesses and product offerings and ecosystem of connected devices is getting wider and bigger. For example, in 2017, Amazon reportedly shipped more than 5 billion products globally. The global cyber security market size is expected to gain momentum by reaching USD 366.10 billion in 2028 while exhibiting an impressive CAGR of 12.0% between 2021 and 2028. Fortune Business Insights published this information in its latest report, titled, "Cyber Security Market, 2021-2028." The report further mentions that the market stood at USD 153.16 billion in 2020 and is projected to experience exponential growth in the forthcoming years. This is ascribable to factors such as the increasing demand for online shopping that is likely to boost the demand for e-commerce platforms worldwide.
- bRobert: $AMZN. Very bullish and well deserved rest day $3850/$4000/$5000
- bRobert: $QQQ $375+. potential on this run. from high base daily/ WEEKLY. Top of WEEKLY. channel as well. 3 day weekend rest for $AMZN started today $3850. next week. $MSFT brief rest on pullback bounce. $290. LEAPS.
- debeers: BUSINESS FIRST LONG ALL-$AAPL/$AMZN/$ARCB/$BOOT/$GM/$GNRC/$LAD/$MTDR- all oil isn't alike pick something in the Western Permian. i was worried David Ortiz wouldn't take me back after my brief flirtation with EOG ,but he did "Jew know, lady Debeers i could never not love you and suntines oil has to go on a run when they stop allowing any expansion and suntines jew are de MATADOR and suntines jew are de bool--but mostly Jew are de MATADOR!! David Ortiz always speaks the tgruth so don't believe me--believe him! aaand $NUE and nerotic Gary's $RH!.which is now 706!! 2nd- We deserve this weekend and some of us have been partying for a couple of days already! @Margi- pleeeeze root for the Sox this weekend. We need you!! Thank you for all of your help, ladies and gents.
- Margi1983: @debeers $AAPL $AMZN $ARCB $BOOT $GM $GNRC $LAD $MTDR $NUE $RH Thanks for all your help with $LAD $BOOT and $EL in the past. Lady DeBeers, you know I will be rooting hard for our Red Sox this weekend and forever. David Ortiz is my favorite player since Yaz...yes I am 65. He is the most "important" Red Sox player ever as we had no chance in 2004, 2007, and 2013 without his amazing clutch hitting in the playoffs. I am not saying he was better than Ted Williams, but who else has 3 WS rings? Only Varitek.. In my whole life, I have "worn the laundry, not the names" , but my only Red Sox shirt with a name ever is David Ortiz's jersey.
$ALGN 00 Still tightening.
$ZS -- Moving out of a 4-month base.
- debeers: $GNRC/$AMZN/$RH-pretty much left everything alone except i added to these 3 -$GNRC-added at 416/ $RH at 675/- i made a mistake. i put an iorder in for 675 and got filled at 672. Sorry $AMZN at 3635. The ONLY 2 reasons i added to these is that all 3 are 1 of a kinders and none of them do biz in China. i expect that this will not be a 1 day event which is the reason my port is cash rich to begin with allowing me to get an additional discount in these outperformers if the market allows..
- Cjauger: This morning I held $AMZN, $PYPL, $GOOGL and bought back some of the $SNAP ? that I scaled out of yesterday (which was my largest position, not a good week for me) My sense is that while these are holding at these levels, there are no bids coming in. So I sold all of it and I am now 100% cash. Keeping an eye on $COIN and $DQ its not Dairy Queen, it is Daqo Energy, makes polysilicon, a component of solar panels. It is one of HSBC's top global stock picks for energy transition. HSBC described the firm as "the highest quality producer in China
- jjohn: @debeers $GNRC $AMZN $RH hello @debeers I like your picks here and except $RH I own the others in the list. Do you think $BX is at a good add point for a long term hold?
- bRobert: $CRWD $ZS Not much of a pullback Strong WEEKLY bases with upside $AMZN WEEKLY breakout retest $AAPL Same $MSFT No bruises ALL Hardly a scratch $GOOGL pinch breakout retest
- scottto_2: $AMZN - It has followed the previous box for the last 2-3 weeks. Expect the expected.
- artistcove: @scottto_2 $AMZN box looks like its boxing in AMZN not much higher then here.
- traderdl: $AMZN calls ripping - 100 pt swing - BTD
- bRobert: @traderdl $AMZN Leap spreads Still early WEEKLY breakout
- ckonelli: @bRobert @traderdl $AMZN calls are ripping from the lows
- scottto_2: @artistcove $AMZN - Yep. That's the point I'm trying to make.... $AMZN has been following the 'script' since I first posted it on 6/21.
- Cjauger: $AMZN looking strong, got back in it at $3678, also bought $PYPL and $COIN
- NickSingh: @scottto_2 $AMZN what would be a good trade on this calls/equity..? In the last 3 weeks bought calls & even sold 1 call, but all wrong timing :-( thanks
- scottto_2: @NickSingh $AMZN - I've closed my position. The trade I've modeled in the boxes is over. Anything higher would be a different trade... I'm staying away for the moment even though it could (and likely will) go a lot higher.
- traderbren: $AMZN - is a monster....new high.
- Bwhitty: @traderbren $AMZN Watching to see if $QQQ climbs and stays on top of $SPY. That's what it is looking like.
- scottrades: @traderbren $AMZN Wow..
- traderdl: @traderbren $AMZN - 3700C paying
- NickSingh: @Cjauger $AMZN $PYPL $COIN great move for you on $amzn!
- ckonelli: @traderbren $AMZN - calls are paying alright
- lostsheep: @scottrades $AMZN Still believe the split is coming
- Bwhitty: @traderdl $AMZN I wish. I did not have that kind of powder ready. Nicely done. I did buy the snot out of $FNGU this morning so let's see if some friends can join $AMZN.
- NickSingh: @scottto_2 $AMZN it sure is flying today, I entered a reverse trade today when it was at $3655sh looking at the market, but this one does not seem to give a care..
- Pokersmith: @NickSingh $AMZN FYI...AMZN is the largest component of the Consumer Discretionary ETF/FUND/INDEX ...see: $XLY, $FDIS
- ckonelli: @Bwhitty $FNGU I just called all of $AMZN friends for you and asked them to come out and join
- bRobert: @scottrades $AMZN WEEKLY power
- Bwhitty: @ckonelli $FNGU $AMZN I'll grab the beer thx LOL
- NickSingh: @Pokersmith $AMZN $XLY $FDIS sure will thanks
- champ: $AMZN @ $3745 and is now up $120...off of LOD, I sure love those CopyCat sellers giving us nice entries....like I posted just the other Day, this is the best trading stock, in the Markets..IMO.
- DBones808: @traderbren $AMZN ABSOLUTE UNIT
- NickSingh: @champ $AMZN I’m going to try and trade small equity (in & out) on this going forward , calls on this with incorrect timing (and shorter duration) have been painful to say the least
- Cjauger: @scottrades $AMZN monster move, I got out, then recalled what you said yesterday about PYPL, so i jumped back in at 3685
- champ: @NickSingh $AMZN --- Sure try it and could also think about the markets as both an Investor and also as a Trader....small works, however always need timings and for today... the main timing Entry...is over.
- champ: @NickSingh $AMZN ---- Yes and the best way to work the Forum is,....just watch the Forum-Posts for Entry-Timings idea's, that #Have positive reasons, ......for Example like on that $SAVA Alert post yesterday by @indigo1948... ......#Remember...just need positive reasons for Entry-Timings..... ......and not really BS reasons...."Need Real Reasons" to work with, hopefully more Forum Members will post the Reasons... that they see......
- NickSingh: @champ $AMZN yes today will only buy below $3700 may be, if that happens
- champ: @NickSingh $AMZN ----Just wait for the #RainBow to show up.....And also Now....as of RHRN, the Markets are in play, because the close is uncertain....need to see if anything happens, meaning are the Markets going to turn-up or be flat, from this point on ...or could even drop more....right.... .......we are now back in the #Uncertainty-Zone....the Watch and Wait zone..... .....I'm ready, for what-ever happens....right.....Plus I have all of my targets lined-up, and all of my guns loaded.....and if my targets, walk into my sights, my Rain-Bow-zone, I will pull the trigger.....LOL
- scottrades: @Cjauger $AMZN Great job! By the way I'm sorry I missed your post about buying more stock. The way I like to do it is wait for a new Buy Point to emerge. Basically, you wait for it to either base or take out highs and then you add small so you don't bring your price up with it.
COTD: Buying Amazon ($AMZN)? What’s your timeframe?
$SPY - Shot across the bow? Can’t keep a good bull down
$DIA -- Rangebound
$IYT -- Not where you want to be.
$QQQ -- Holding up ok...just ok.
$ALGN -- Still tighteni ...
- debeers: @jjohn $GNRC $AMZN $RH $BX-Take a look at the PB in financials today. Do you see that kind of a PB in $BX? Why do you think that is ? Unless @bRobert doesn't own it anymore you have 2 in the forum here who've been sold on the CEO's expertise for a very ling time. I wish i could give you a guarantee. The best i can do is to give you probabilities based on years of owning the stock. The rest is up to you. You pays your money, baby, and you make your own choices.
- champ: @ckonelli $AMZN …I’m always thinking and I’m always swinging positions, however I didn’t swing this position, however I will be watching in the morning….
- champ: @metal $AMZN #Crush ….My entry plan was a Day-Trade, the same as I had on Friday and Day-3 might work for another Day-Trade….however I expect zig-zags to start at some point…and I will be in this trade again…..
- champ: @Pokersmith $AMZN #Crush ….Emotions, always Need-Emotions and better be fearful of the markets because investors can and do get killed daily,…and the ones who aren’t fearful, don’t last very long…. …..however the most important parts, need to have a whole lot of market-common-sense and Entry and Exit Timings…..also need research and market strategy plans.
- scottrades: Good morning Team! Lots of Green this morning but I'm still having a hard time finding lots of low risk entries right here, right now. Starting to get a little sporadic and that's ok. Hopefully it means you can focus more on what you have that's working in your account and less on new buys. I can see a handful like $RH and $KEYS and yesterday I mentioned $PYPL and $SQ are setting up again. Getting some follow though on $AMZN, I'd consider selling some into strength on this trade if you took it yesterday and then moving up some stops and letting some work. Let's have a great day!
- bRobert: @scottrades $RH $KEYS $PYPL $SQ $AMZN Hip to be $SQ 7 months consolidation setting up $350 potential when ripe You have a friend in $PYPL... a step ahead $350 potential WEEKLY high base Looks a bit like $AAPL
|Stock Price||$USD 3,409.02|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 28th, 2021 - 2021 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 8.61 53.55%
- $USD 22.34 15.62%
- $USD 8.00 11.79%
- $USD 13.99 -51.74%
- $USD 5.30 -30.50%
- $USD 41.17 -22.79%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 83,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (83,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!