Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- ckonelli: $GOOG $MSFT $AAPL $AMZN moving
- champ: $AMZN...had a turn, was up +$55 but fell back $22.
- ckonelli: $TSLA $GOOG $AMZN way off their lows was watching and jumped into some of them short term
- MarketMaster: $AMZN it sure doesn’t pay to hold after earnings. I’ve been selling after hours right after earnings for 4 quarters and never been disappointed.
- champ: @MarketMaster $AMZN --- On this stock it almost never does....
- metal: @champ $AMZN It looks so ready to break out until you look at the 3-5 year charts for perspective.
- Docoof: $AMZN ‘Thursday Night Football’ package will begin in 2022 instead of 2023
- champ: @metal $AMZN ---- Great stock, we all know that, sure long term, for those who want to be long-term, however for now... there is No reason to hold it, ......there is a trade going on now off of todays low, for traders but why bother....with all the other stocks that are working. LOL
- scottrades: Leaders look weak here. $AMZN, $AAPL, $MSFT $FB, etc.
- bRobert: @scottrades $AMZN $AAPL $MSFT $FB Either. or. market. $FB. $GOOGL. extended They travel in. packs.
Last March, amid the darkest days of the pandemic, I asserted in this space that the market had gifted investors a rare opportunity to buy tech's five giants -- Alphabet, Amazon.com($AMZN), Apple($AAPL), Facebook($FB), and Microsoft($MSFT) -- on the ...
- martyrb3: $AMZN No surprise...13 PT raises this morning from $4100 to $5500. NP now.
- jwgiblin3: $AMZN - I held options (leaps) over earnings. I was expecting more of a pop. Is this a sign to sell?
- bRobert: @jwgiblin3 $AMZN breakouts are being sold into. with a few exceptions. General market is. extended Weak.
- Bert953: @bRobert $AMZN Yes, been feeling that since Tuesday. Trimmed yesterday. could be the summer doldrums are early this year. Looks like a good time to spend time and energy on our hobbies instead of sitting in front of a monitor.
- bRobert: @Bert953 $AMZN Raining. Starting a Peloton class. Then some. Pilates
- metal: @Bert953 $AMZN I sold almost all. Some after hours yesterday. When you look at the 3 year weekly, it looks to me like it needs more time in the hopper. Still elevated, even though 1 year chart looks like break out time. My opinion.
- jwgiblin3: @jwgiblin3 $AMZN thanks all BTW @bRobert I would have sold HD too early if I did follow your posts.
- Hemal: $AMZN- Earnings AH tomorrow 4/29/21. IM of $151.30 based on a closing pr... https://youtu.be/oMSztEHvVOw via @YouTube
- 28ajc28: Given the positive response to $FB and $APPL earnings (and anticipated positive earnings for $AMZN tomorrow), I’m inclined to look at $FNGU for a 59-minute trade this morning. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
- zimzala: @28ajc28 $FB $APPL $AMZN $FNGU Not sure why it would be a #59minutetrade rather than just a hold? It’s not gapping down or up and not outside of the BBs. Plus, it’s a basket of stocks which makes it less likely to be a #59minutetrade.
- 28ajc28: @zimzala $FB $APPL $AMZN $FNGU #59minutetrade #59minutetrade It may well be a longer hold though my thesis is that last night’s earnings will drive additional attention/money back into FANG stocks as a group today, especially if those earnings push $QQQ above the breakout referenced in Dan’s video from last night.
- lostsheep: @28ajc28 $FB $APPL $AMZN $FNGU $FB Earnings 3.30 eps / 26.17 B revs opening stock price day after appr. 330 vs last quarter 3.88 eps / 28.07 B revs opening price 277. I guess that's what inflation looks like less for more! LOL By the way, who are the analysts who miss estimates by 71%. In what job position can you be wrong by so much and maintain your employment? Another example is $F eps estimates off by only 423%. Great work if you can find it. Unless the intent is to low ball so a beat is impossible to miss.
- Docoof: $AAPL just turned red — $AMZN too
- traderdl: $AMZN call sweeps $3600 - Apr 30 - fwiw
- mikespear: @traderdl $AMZN fwiw meaning please
- jjohn: @mikespear $AMZN For What It's Worth
- gtr89: The indices are green and most of my stocks are red. At least I sold $AMZN for a good profit this morning. I’m going to use this pullback in copper stocks to buy. I really believe in the story of higher copper prices
- traderdl: $AMZN crushed earnings +5% ah = $180
- Pokersmith: @traderdl $AMZN Second Quarter 2021 Guidance Net sales are expected to be between $110.0 billion and $116.0 billion, or to grow between 24% and 30% compared with second quarter 2020. This guidance anticipates a favorable impact of approximately 200 basis points from foreign exchange rates. Operating income is expected to be between $4.5 billion and $8.0 billion, compared with $5.8 billion in second quarter 2020. This guidance assumes approximately $1.5 billion of costs related to COVID-19. This guidance assumes that Prime Day occurs in second quarter 2021. This guidance assumes, among other things, that no additional business acquisitions, investments, restructurings, or legal settlements are concluded.
- ckonelli: @traderdl $AMZN crushed it alright
- traderdl: @Pokersmith $AMZN - Thx - $3650 was a gift!
Stock in Amazon.com($AMZN) has barely budged since the e-commerce and cloud- computing giant reported stellar fourth- quarter results that were overshadowed by the news that CEO Jeff Bezos will shift into the role of executive chairman, with Amazon ...
- champ: $AMZN...HOD...still working ....earnings tomorrow,Thursday, after.
- champ: $AMZN...HOD, could slowly continue into earnings.....with zig-zag moves.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $AMZN A lot of bets being placed on the stock spliting
- Henry: $AMZN sold Friday's 3,800 call against stock for $5.20
- jj2021: @Henry $AMZN you risked ~$330,000 for a profit of $520?
- Henry: @jj2021 $AMZN Not at I sold a call and I already own the stock. It's a covere call strategy If I am called away I will have $314 profit per share of stock from where it is right now. or I can roll the call to a May 4000. I really don't think a stock split announcement will move the stock $300
- Docoof: CNBC — Najarian: talk about the $AMZN split is “everywhere”
- champ: @Docoof $AMZN --- For now..."Just ride the Wave", we all need to work in real-time......however will find out more on their earnings Call....by then my profits on this stock could be much higher, this is a real nice Set-up....this #Hope-Trade is working, for sure...LOL.
- Doug1: @pokersmith Checked a few stocks using VMA vs VWAP. Very close. The biggest gap was on $Etsy. VMA at 210 and VWAP at 208. $GOOGL VMA at 2384 vs VWAP at 2391. $AMZN VMA at 3464 and VWAP at 3447. It looks like a large difference but in percentage terms not so much. $TTD VMA at 747 vs VWAP at 750, $NFLX VMA at 506 vs VWAP at 505. All of these are using a 5 minute chart. I hadn't used the VMA but it appears to be very close thus useable. Thanks! Going back to cutting down my tree.
- Docoof: @champ $AMZN New HOD — Ride the wave!
- wanda1616: @Docoof $AMZN phenom!
- Bwhitty: $CPNG Korean $AMZN. Nice double support on a recent debut.
- Henry: $AMZN stock split enthusiasm continues in premarket. That makes a big pull back likely it they don't announce a split. but what if they do? The measured move based on yesterdays closing prices was $160 I think it could move more than that. Should I sell a covered call at $3,600 or maybe $3,700?
My eyes continue to be on those Leaders like $AAPL, $GOOGL, $TSLA, $FB, $MSFT, $NVDA and $AMZN as well as Metals and Mining Stocks. I’m also watching the $SMH stocks as I mentioned some of them in my video last night. We are also seeing $GDX h ...
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are up a bit as we head into a very critical week of earnings. Many stocks are screaming higher and I'll continue to say that TINA is the reason. With no alternative to stocks, where is money to go? Money is like a rabbit -- ...
- scottrades: Speculation on Twitter that $AMZN might announce a stock split.
- traderbren: @scottrades $AMZN - yep, nice volume coming in on the intra-day!
- lostsheep: @scottrades $AMZN Gotta love some good speculation Traders says? Maybe Lex can host SNL too
- gtr89: @scottrades $AMZN buying the speculation has been a good trade so far. Let’s see what the afternoon brings. Thanks for the heads up
- Henry: @lostsheep $AMZN "Traders says" = Anonymous sources. There''s a track record you can rely on. I do think it would help the stock price. Charlie usually appears on Liz Clamen's 3-4 pm show
- lostsheep: $AMZN it should test the 3435.93 high on this news.
- lostsheep: @joelsg1 $MVIS Reddit short supported squeezes $AMZN split speculation Gotta love this market
- joelsg1: @lostsheep $MVIS $AMZN Rightio, but $MVIS up 2.5x and counting in 4 days, $AMZN not so much and don't trust twitter trader rumor. Price is truth, but in this case with $MVIS ephemeral, earnings Thursday, hence hovering the exit button.
- Henry: $AMZN #Gasparino walked back his comments in that his anonymous sources think a split could happen this year, not that it will happen this week. He is surprised he moved the stock that much.
- jr3345: @Henry $AMZN #Gasparino - still moving after hours, +16
- MarketMaster: @jr3345 $AMZN #Gasparino the story could have legs from the CNBC option action report 4% move by Friday?
- scottrades: My #Swing notes: $SPY Tight Range Day $QQQ Above all the MAs $IWM Above a base but low volume. #Bitcoin Reversal Day. $XME Nice move on great volume $SMH Still in trend $AMZN Stock Split? $AMAT Above the 8EMA $LRCX Against resistance, needs a push on volume. $MPWR Revisiting an important zone. $GOOGL Earnings tomorrow, here's my plan. $PYPL Earnings next week. $FCX Added today $AA Curling up. $NUE Watch that slope. $STLD Nice move on great volume. $MT Earnings next week $FOXF Still going. $TSLA Choppy After Earnings - Check those dates.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this week: $AAPL $TSLA $AMD $AMZN $MSFT $FB $NIO $BA $UPS $PINS $GE $SHOP $GOOGL $QCOM $XOM $F $MMM $ABBV $ACI $TWTR $X $SPOT $TDOC $CL $V $CAT $LLY $ENPH $SAND $OTIS $SWKS $CROX $MRK $RTX $MCD $SBUX $OSTK $BP $NXPI $DPZ $BMY $MA $GLW $CHKP
- ckonelli: @scottrades $AAPL $AMZN $GOOGL $MSFT all have earnings coming up next week moving along at the moment hopefully no major headlines today :)
- champ: $GO...HOD, investment position, see info posts, maybe hold this one, this has room and this is the % leader today..could hold positions in all of these....$BJ $$COST $WMT $AMZN.
- traderbren: $AMZN - looking constructive for a earnings run...just cleared yesterdays high, and could see a greater move once it moves above 3400.
- ckonelli: @scottrades it is that time of the day I need your thoughts on $AAPL, $AMZN, $GOOGL, $MSFT bought calls yesterday up today. Should I take the profit These stocks look like they are going into an earnings run. I also am holding some stock
- scottrades: @ckonelli $AAPL $AMZN $GOOGL $MSFT They are all fine. I'm trying to stay involved but not overly aggressive.
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SPY Green Day but lots of low volume moves. $QQQ Along the 8 but choppy. $IWM Watch 226.70 #Bitcoin Off the lows, but not out of the woods. $SMH Support at 241 $XME Setting up. $AAPL Going sideways. $AMZN Support at 3300. $MSFT In trend. $GOOGL Still working. I bought some back. $PYPL Holding the 21 EMA. $AMAT Above the 8EMA Support at 128. $ICHR Right against the slope. $FCX Working $CLF Good volume $STLD Watch 52.75 $X Watch 24 $BOOT Kicking off an Earnings Run? Earnings May 19 $MOS Setting up. $CVTA Holding the 8EMA $ASO Right up against the Upper Trendline $BKE Moved up but on low volume $SLM Nice move off the low.
- Wolf: $DISH Teaming with $AMZN. Up 3% PM
- ckonelli: $AMZN $MSFT moving bought some at the low - some analysts releasing raised price targets
- ckonelli: $AMZN $MSFT $AAPL $GOOGL nice moves from this mornings low - short term trades - have a long term stock position
- Docoof: @Docoof $NFLX —Make that big pump for FAANG: $FB $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL
$AAPL has their “Spring Loaded Event” today and it just happens to be 4/20, so one would imagine they are announcing their new iBong...which is a Cannabis Smoking Device that plays rasta music and allows you to buy and sell Bitcoin. Kidd ...
- scottrades: $AMZN at HOD.
- Bwhitty: @scottrades $AMZN And then some!
- Henry: @Docoof $AMZN I submit amazon for your consideration
- Bwhitty: @salehogayel $FNGU I added small to it here. The way $AMZN and GOOGL have been trading.
- salehogayel: @Bwhitty $FNGU $AMZN Good add more I want it to rebound xD
- Pokersmith: Amazon's Whole Foods to Use Honeywell's Soltice N40 Refriderant to Lower Emissions Honeywell($HON) said that Amazon's($AMZN) Whole Foods unit has adopted its Solstice N40 refrigerant for the company's grocery stores to help reduce refrigerant emissions. Solstice N40 will replace two refrigerants with higher global warming potential at more than 100 stores. Honeywell (HON) said Solstice N40 offers a global warming potential that's about 68% lower than legacy hydrofluorocarbon refrigerants.
- scottrades: My #SS Notes: Buckle Up for a potential breakout in $BKE.. $SPY Quiet Day and that's OK. Earnings Season is back! Watch those dates. $QQQ BAck to the 8EMA #Bitcoin Close to the 50 Day. Biden working on Regs. $AAPL Building a handle. $AMZN Started strong, closed weak $GOOGL Still in trend. $SQ Holding the 50 Day. $FUTU Good opening volume and strong close. $NFLX Watch that slope. $MX Nice volume. $XRT Keep an eye on Retail. $BOOT Watch 69.40 $FOXF Trades a little wide. $MTDR Watch 25.75 $X Reversed off the highs $NUE Tight along the 8EMA. $VSTO Good volume. $FANG Watch 81.45 $TMHC Watch 32.70 $NMM Another shipper with good volume today.
- scottrades: $AMZN Testing HOD
- scottrades: $AMZN working well today.
- andygood: @scottrades $AMZN last 3 fridays in a row. If i was a conspiracy trader I'd say it was an options friday payday - the 3400 calls are priced for printing.
- tartan: @Pokersmith $AAPL Not on the yearly I use the Monthly often Mainly on the FANG stocks $AAPL, $AMZN, $GOOG, $MSFT, $NVDA, $NFLX, $TSLA, $BABA Within the first day or two of a month I will usually be watching one of these and play them No records but it does work but just about any mechanism one uses on this group works
- scottrades: My #SS Notes: Can $UBER Deliver us a breakout next week? $SPY Still going. $QQQ Quiet day but the trend is strong. #Bitcoin $IWM / $TNA MAs are converging. $SMH Still ok $XHB Still in trend. Slightly Extended on the weekly. $TAN Watch for potential trend changes on these. $FFTY Around the 50 Day. $DRIV EV ETF. Own em all! $TSLA Holding above the 8EMA $AMZN Holding above the 8EMA $GOOGL Still working. $CRWD Flagging $PYPL Same. $AMD Potential Higher Low. Watch above 84 $ON Building a base. $KLIC Good volume today. $COHU Watch 49 $NET Choppy around the 50 Day. $FVRR Still under the 50 Day $FCX Watch for a PB to support. $CLF Watch 19.10 $X Holding the 21 EMA $AA Great volume. $WMS Today was the day. $STLD Basing. $ORC ATL Stopped out. $GES Near the highs $GPS in trend, don’t let a shakeout make you look away.
- ckonelli: $AMZN moving $GOOGL Moving nicely
- scottrades: My #SS Notes: COTD: Here’s how I would trade the Coinbase IPO. $COIN $SPY Back to the rotation? $QQQ Notable fakeouts in tech. $SMH Still meh. #Bitcoin / #Ethereum Wild Action today XLE At the 50 Day. $XOM Watch 58 $HAL Watch 22 $FANG Watch 81.45 $JETS Not ready for Boarding yet. $TSLA You could have sold some yesterday and today. Watch for a bounce. $SQ Coming into the 8EMA $AMZN Coming in. $NVDA Watch for the drift. $YETI Watch for a move to support. $DIS Why it’s good to wait. $XME Nice volume today! $X Gonna give it to ya. $CLF Support at the 21 EMA. $MT Some weakness with the market but good closing volume. $VALE Great volume today. $AA Right at the pivot. $MOS The Dirt is Green. $FCX right at resistance. $CTVA Watch 48 $NTR Nice move, great volume.
$AMZN A little extended.
$PLTR Lots of eyes on this. Good volume today.
$GOOGL High Base.
$TWTR Decent Intraday volume but Low Daily.
$SNAP Watch 64.30
$YETI Inside Day
$INMD Still working.
$AAPL A little above the 8EMA
Leaders like $GOOGL, $FB , $SQ, $PYPL, $AMZN and $AAPL were good for us last week, I’ll be watching to see if they can continue as well. I noticed that $BABA is up as well on news that it's being Fined in China. Now while it seems like backwar ...
- scottrades: $AMZN seeing some movement AH
- champ: @scottrades $AMZN --- Looks like there were a few large buys....
- Geewhiz: @scottrades $AMZN Lets hope it stays until 10 AM DST tomorrow . ;-)
- champ: $XRT, I'm holding this ETF and there are also many retailers that are working and I'm holding these, $AEO, $ANF $AMZN $GES $GPS $CPRI $GCO $HIBB $KTB $LB $LEVI $OLLI $RL and I added to $GCO today and I took profits on $FIVE....however I added back a small spec swing, near the close. $FIVE....this is a perfect #Example of what can happen, when #CopyCat-sellers start taking profits. ~~~ I'm watching this retail sector closely because I have targets on a few others also. The #Set-up is,...Retail Sales numbers for the month of March, will be reported on Thursday 4/14.
- issues: @champ $XRT $AEO $ANF $AMZN $GES $GPS $CPRI $GCO $HIBB $KTB $LB $LEVI $OLLI $RL $FIVE #Example #CopyCat-sellers #Set-up All look close on the chart so I am buying $XRT, $LEVI and $KTB break out on big volume. Thanks Champ!
- champ: @issues $XRT $AEO $ANF $AMZN $GES $GPS $CPRI $GCO $HIBB $KTB $LB $LEVI $OLLI $RL $FIVE #Example #CopyCat-sellers #Set-up ---- Yes sir...all three are Breaking-Out ($XRT, $KTB, $LEVI) and there are also others... that are on my list, all are breaking out of there YTDHighs, next step will be their new ATH's...... .......#Break-Out-Party going -on, don't be too late and bring a designated-driver.
- scottrades: My Notes: $SPY Quiet and that’s ok. $QQQ Basing Near The Highs $GBTC Tightening. $TSLA Flagging a bit. $AMZN Working. $BABA Gap and Go. $MSFT Still working. $AAPL Quiet Inside Day $NVDA Big Breakout. $SQ Working. $FB Pullback on Low Volume. $GOOGL Working. $ZIM Holding the 8EMA. $YETI Nice work in the forum here! $TGT High Base. $SBUX Watch 114. $WMS Close to the highs. $BLD Watch for a Momentum move or PB to support. $LL Holding the 50 Day $FL MAs are curling. $SMH At the 8EMA. $AMAT above the 21 EMA but weak close. $INTC Negative reaction to NVDA News $AEIS Watch for a move over the slope. $FORM Watch 51
- wanda1616: @traderbren $AMZN interesting how the market seemed to ferret this out, with AMZN flying higher for days
- BocaRick: $AMZN CNBC reports amzn beats union vote
- shoredriver: @BocaRick $AMZN ...C'mon man...we need MORE unions ..... /S
- scottrades: $AMZN at HOD
- traderbren: @scottrades $AMZN - yep, thanks to the union count. Maybe more pee bottles will be handed out to drivers! ;-)
|Stock Price||$USD 3,376.10|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 28th, 2021 - 2021 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 329.24 49.35%
- $USD 125.54 15.54%
- $USD 52.66 11.20%
- $USD 31.49 -79.71%
- $USD 24.39 -34.33%
- $USD 146.80 -30.62%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 82,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (82,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!