Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $GCO and $ZUMZ, retailers...posted both of these names, along with $DLTH. I'm holding many investment positions in this sector. But #not $AMZN, for now it is still dancing, know reason to get involved, at this point.
$AMZN - closed above the $1830 resistance level last week. The 200-day SMA acted as support once again (retested it several times in the last month).
$BABA - the $180 level remains as resistance. Watch for a breakout or a higher low for an entry p ...
10. $AMZN – still in jail.
- Sluggo: @DAN $TMUS $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $GLD $NUGT $SLV $ROKU $COUP $CPRT $HXL $OLED $SHOP $TWTR $VEEV $TRHC $GSHD $LULU $IIPR $T $SNAP $TSN $PPC $RGEN $LYFT $UBER $KNSL $AMZN I cant find the third video today. Weird?
- CraigReynolds: @champ $AMZN $LULU $SPY $XLK $XLF $XLY $XLI $SSO #My #time-out #Stock-Pickers-Markets Great post and appreciate as always your outlook.
- michaelH: $AMZN Anyone have thoughts on the technical picture of Amzn; Looks like a breakout that can be bought w/ a SS just under yesterdays low 1815
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,835, mostly just flat ....and thats positive...but I'm out for now, took profits, on this last piece.
- champ: $DJI, Day-3, mostly positive for profits today, for me. However, I did not swing..$AMZN, $SSO $RH and $LULU, but I'm still swinging all my other core positions, that I have been posting on. .....However all sells, are always potential #Buy-Backs, today and also over the last 30-60 days, they are all targets, for sure.
- champ: $AMZN, moved through $1,800.
- champ: $GOOS, @ $39.00....Day-2 off of the low turn...could be just starting, I'm holding size, just need a little time, a Holiday position. Winter is on the way. They are building-up inventory. A Huge On-line retailer, in 40 countries, A direct to consumer business. A Manufacture and A Wholesale Distributor, like $AMZN and 1,000's of others. Also with retail locations. A high-end Retailer, for Men, Women and Children. They also have a focus on accessories, Hand-wear, Head-wear, Neck-ware, Shoes and Boots. see website and previous info posts. This stock now has, Market-Timing and also Stock and #Sector-Timing. This is #Entry, it is now or never, for a down the road investment-position. "Inter-and Build"
- champ: $AMZN....HOD
- champ: $AMZN, is up around 2%, on a $1800 stock, if traders are going to focus on Retail stocks that are up around 2%, this is also where a little focus should be, and this stock is up around $36 but #dancing....$BABA is up $4.00.
- champ: $AMZN $LULU $DECK $GOOS $OLLI $URBN, the Retail-sector, is really bouncing, off of the China News. $HD $LOW $FIVE...sector timing is in play and should continue.
- champ: $AMZN, next target is $1900, looks strong but every thing is strong in the retail sector...up $39.00, RHRN.
- champ: $AMZN...HOD.
- bigbartabs: @champ $AMZN ... HOD... I bought a half position a couple days ago. Might be starting to work.
- champ: @bigbartabs $AMZN --- I took profits on 3/4th on the close...because I was holding size. Started trading at $1760. Where you been, on another road trip..? Is it cooling off a little today, in the foothills, on you lookout position.
- champ: @bigbartabs $AMZN --- Should be, it finally had a clean break through $1,800 today.
- champ: #My Market Plan --- $AMZN @ $1,840.72 up +$40.00 and closed almost right at HOD. My guess is, stocks in the retail sector will continue this strong move again tomorrow. $LULU, reported real strong comp numbers and beat on all lines and had positive ...
- champ: $AMZN, @ $1,800....could be entry, needs to move through, now trailing.
- grcjr: $AMZN - a nice move after the open. Swing trade.
Kristine: @grcjr $AMZN - Nice upgrade from RBC Capital...
Amazon.com Inc.'s stock price target was raised to a Street-high $2,600 from $2,250 by RBC Capital analyst Mark Mahaney, following his "deep-dive" analysis into the e-commerce giant's new Prim ...
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,790.00....Spec....
- champ: $AMZN, just can't get anything going, only watching, NP.
DAN: Good morning. Don't forget about the training session this morning at 9:15 am where we'll trade the open and analyze stocks in real time. You've already received a link to this session, and it is also posted in the forum.
A few stocks are worthy o ...
- Herb: $AMZN Amazon.com AMZN will open its biggest office yet, in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad.
grcjr: $AAPL, $GOOG, $AMZN, $FB and probably others off on news.
The U.S. Justice Department is working with a group of more than a dozen state attorneys general as it investigates the market power of major technology companies, the department's antitrust ...
- champ: $AMZN, could continue..?.....also around HOD
- champ: $AMZN....@ $1,800...needs to move through.
- champ: $SSO getting the push-up but I'm now out all day trades....$URI $SSO $HD $AMZN, near the highs and I just found 1/2 of $BABA but now also out, took profits, on these positions.
- debeers: $WMT- to be very fair --the conf call was terrific. They met every challenge that $AMZN threw at them.
.......Also On-Line retail sales are climbing really fast and is outperforming all the Box-Stores....and theirs are also doing the same. However, they also have a huge wholesale business, in over 40 countries, with on-line platforms, also in all the ...
I have open positions, losing money, in shares of companies that I consider very good such as $AMZN, $MA, $V, $MSFT, $PEP, $CSCO, $PYPL ... do I have to resign myself to close them at this time? I honestly can't find what to do.
- cmaxwel1: @gvianello $COUP $AMZN $MA $V $MSFT $PEP $CSCO $PYPL (what is your time horizon?) I have a long term portfolio that I only sell on fundamental bad company actions. AKA accounting or bad mgt. (If you don't need the money right away, all of these are good companies) I own $AMZN, $V and will not be selling for 10 or more years. $PEP $CSCO $MSFT $MA are all good steady players. Hope that helps.
DAN: @gvianello $COUP $AMZN $MA $V $MSFT $PEP $CSCO $PYPL Hi gvianello. I can help you. In no particular order,
1. You should not have lost money "miserably" in Coupa. Any position that you open should be super small. I sold my COUP today ...
- gvianello: @cmaxwel1 $COUP $AMZN $MA $V $MSFT $PEP $CSCO $PYPL Thank you for your answers. My time horizon for these companies is months, if they go reasonably well I could have them forever. My doubt is that @Dan always says not to tolerate losses beyond 4% or ...
$AMZN – testing 200-day MA. It’s rangebound and the trend is nonexistent.
$MA – still doing ok…but notice the lower low and lower high.
$V – same pattern as MA
$MSFT – falling out of the channel.
$PEP – ...
- champ: $AMZN, is hanging around HOD.
- jonwest88: $AMZN aok on the bounciness. Added some back. Stop $1745 below recent low. 200 day@1750 risk 2.25%
- kt4000: added small tracking position in $ZS - Also a Bull Put on $ZS, added $CLDR stock to the longer term accounts also. Trying to stay away from $AMZN
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN $FDX --- #News-on-Tariffs --- We all must remember, we are in a #Trade-War, with China, comments and words really do matter, for both market-directions. Some days are positive and other days are negative. This is #Not going to end ...
- DAN: @champ $AMZN $FDX #News-on-Tariffs #Trade-War #Not #cease-fire #however I think that the thing to keep in mind re/ the trade war with China is that China has every intention of waiting out the Trump presidency. If I was an odds maker, I'd place abou ...
- billfumick: Yesterday late afternoon I purchased $AMZN #Calls I was apprehensive to hold them overnight fearing "a Tweet" that could throw a wrench in the works. So far? They are working and I fully intend to sick with them until they don't. Sometimes you just need "confidence" in your ability to trade.
- champ: $AMZN, #Day-1....this move could continue.
- jwstich: @billfumick $AMZN #Calls Congrats on your trade. Very difficult for me to trade with so much volatility when a tweet or other event can move the market so much.
- champ: $AMZN...HOD.
- billfumick: I sold 1/2 my $AMZN #CALLS.... I really didn't want to BUT Its the prudent thing to do. Ill stick with 1/2 through tomorrow hoping for an opportunity to buy the 1/2 I sold back....
- kt4000: Doubled up on $AMZN, $MA Stocks this morning - good feeling - finally took a look - stocks - $ULTA, $VIAB, $WEX - options, $AMZN, $ABT, $TWLO - Awesome day.
- debeers: $AMZN and $FDX are no longer buddies. So who would be doing the last few miles?
- bknpdx: @debeers $AMZN $FDX I think $AMZN is building its own fleet for the last mile using IC's
- bknpdx: @debeers $AMZN $FDX Here's an article from last year on this. https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/28/technology/amazon-delivery-partners/index.html
- JohnStockNewb: @bknpdx $AMZN $FDX USPS is still doing a lot of the deliveries. UPS and Amazon's delivery franchisers also doing a lot. From what I understand the speedy delivery is still costly no matter how they do it right now.
- debeers: @bknpdx $AMZN $FDX -Thank you SO much! Really appreciate your help.
- debeers: @JohnStockNewb $AMZN $FDX -true but the papers have been served and they are getting a divorce.
- billfumick: Im long $AMZN Calls.... If Trump tweets something tonight and messes with my trade, Im NOT voting for him again!!! lol
- traderbren: @billfumick $AMZN ...lol ;-)
- DAN: @billfumick $AMZN Ha!
- riskmanager: @debeers $AMZN $FDX Awhile back, I pulled into my driveway just as an Amazon independent contractor delivered a package. The IC was standing outside his personal car photographing my house with his Iphone. I was told the photo was proof of delivery. We had a lengthy discussion regarding the merits of this approach relative to his personal safety. Perhaps at some time in the future, everyone will be accustomed to having drones fly over their houses or strangers taking pictures, but I am not there as of yet. Amazon really needs to think this process through.
- riskmanager: @billfumick $AMZN Funny! Orange man cost me in 2017 when he made some comment regarding $FDX I was a victim of premature stopulation. Haven't forgiven him yet.
- debeers: @riskmanager $AMZN $FDX - You and me both. That would really freak me out. I would probably take a picture of him and call the police.
- debeers: @billfumick $AMZN -I always knew you were a secret Bernie fan! LOL
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN $FDX --- You know, the new Tariffs are expected to bounce to 25%, if China, doesn't meet in the U.S. This is what the China, news-media said today and they are right. They don't understand, that the President always pushes back, they keep reading him wrong. Next move is now up to China, if they say No-meeting, that is when the next bounce, will occur....#Be-Aware.
- shoredriver: @riskmanager $AMZN $FDX ..Do you really think there is virtually any privacy today...If so, think again.....
14. $AMZN – bouncing.
$TTWO – great momentum here. Risky entry.
$MDR – analyze this. No averaging down.
Earnings. None. -80%, N/A, –96%, N/A
Revenues: +139%, 189% 264%, and 23%.
Anything can happen. ...
- jlutzkanin: $AMZN thru the VWAP $SQ rejected
- rsh1cpa: $amzn added at 1773. Working sofar.
- rsh1cpa: @rsh1cpa $amzn Slow erosion on recent support. I'm out.
- Forexpro: @JohnStockNewb $NUGT $MSFT Hi, JohnStockNewb, $AMZN had it won, but the President isn't an admirer of Mr. Bezos, and new Defense Sec'y Esper is "examining" the deal. So, $MSFT is once again a contestant, having been the runner-up, and $IBM and $ORCL could have an outside chance. Then again, perhaps Mr. Bezos' legendary charm (and Amazon's acumen) will see the original result validated. I don't know what the timing expectations might be. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- JohnStockNewb: @Forexpro $NUGT $MSFT $AMZN $IBM $ORCL I had heard Amazon had won it, but I cannot believe President Trump will allow that to happen.
- JohnStockNewb: $AMZN when you look how Amazon's stock has dropped when the market rebounds do you expect this will be a HUGE rebound for Amazon's stock???
- Henry: @JohnStockNewb $AMZN Cramer's Fibonacci Babe, Carolyn Borodon predicted the low would be last week with support at 1815. I think it hits that little red line at 1739 first. From June 4th to June 11th it went up $200. In options that would be huge, but you can easily be right in the direction of Amazon and still get your face ripped off with options. The pain of being wrong for a couple days by 50 or 100 is too much.
- Henry: $AMZN never heard of MKM Partners but they have a pt of $2350. You wouldn't know it by looking at the chart
- bwcarnation1: @Henry $AMZN maybe they had the chart upside down!
- billfumick: @bwcarnation1 $AMZN lol
- kt4000: added a small position in $MA - covered my Bull Put spread on $OLED tracking $WEX, $TWLO, $AMZN, $MGI (on starting a short squeeze), and looking for a time to add $NVDA
- traderbren: $AMZN -- may be finding a bottom here.
- champ: @Sluggo $SSO $XRT $GOOS $LULU $NKE ---- $GOOS, has exposer everywhere. They also have 2-new retail locations, that had nice openings, in China. However, they are a huge on-line retailer, with their own on-line platforms, thought out the world. They a ...
- bRobert: $MA bounce off 50d ADD $AMZN $1850 h&s top target acquired Bounce
- Wolf: $AMZN Added @ 1860.
- bRobert: $AMZN . H&s top target $1875 . area . Watching . np
- billfumick: Trying "a little" $AMZN here...
- gvianello: @billfumick $AMZN Do you know why is down today? Because I bought on Friday at $1939...
- debeers: @gvianello $AMZN -@gvianello. Had no idea you were such a big player! LOL
- bRobert: @gvianello $AMZN It was a Technical h&s top . short . $1875 . Not you
- Ajax4Hire: $AMZN, $GOOGL, $FB, $TWTR and the US Government investigation. $AMZN should be safe as this is just commerce. Hard to complain about someone lowering prices on stuff and the US loves it stuff. $FB, $GOOGL and $TWTR provide public forum for idea presentation and discussion. All three have been rightly accused of suppressing specific viewpoints that are politically motivated. $TWTR - Shadow-banning $GOOGL - de-monetization youtube channels $FB - accused of election interference There is no path to victory. Attempt to balance content results in constant content review and suppression. "Open to all"(Free Speech) results in vocal minorities claiming hate speech, need to protect the children.
- Henry: $AMZN pt's 2180 and 2200 from Barclays and Sun Trust
- Joe757: $AMZN Maybe an opportunity for an oversold bounce.
- riskmanager: @Ajax4Hire $AMZN $GOOGL $FB $TWTR Free speech. Otherwise the government defines appropriate speech. Not good.
- DAN: @riskmanager $AMZN $GOOGL $FB $TWTR But, um, isn't that the government's job? To help us learn what's appropriate and what's not? We'd be lost if left to our own devices. ;-)
- DAN: $AMZN $GOOGL $TWTR -- I'll be looking at trading some of the big movers this morning during the first 30 minutes or so. I'll post here. OMMers -- consider bull put spreads and bear call spreads on these stocks ONLY after they've shown their cards. Weird market, with a big underlying bid. Dip buyers are being rewarded. Dan
- MarketMaster: $AMZN bought a little at 1930
- jan2138: @wijimmy $BCSF It very well could be. I don't pay much attention to what Zacks has to say, but it will be interesting to see what the company reports on 8/7/19. Some of these equity gurus are not very familiar with what is really important with these high yield companies. They judge them with a set of standards they use for the $T, $AMZN, and other giants in their fields.
- wijimmy: @jan2138 $BCSF $T $AMZN ...Agreed... I just like an explanation (reason) of price drops... such as cut div, bad earnings report... or in this case maybe bad press...
- shoredriver: @bRobert $TTD....doing TV ads for $AMZN......
- RedLeaf1: @shoredriver $TTD $AMZN Thanks, I was having trouble finding the news.
3. $AMZN—as noted Thursday…this is probably a buying opp for longer term holders.
4. $GOOGL – peaked at 9:50 am.
5. $TWTR – Could be a breakaway gap. Alert $43
6. $AUDC – nearing top of cha ...
DAN: Good morning. Long note this morning because there are a lot of things going on.
If you refer back to yesterday's note, I suggested that the plethora of negative headlines would give us a chance to test the resiliency of the market. With so much b ...
- bRobert: @DAN $IWM $MDY $COUP $OLED $TSLA $AMZN $GOOGL $TWTR $NOW $EHTH $TEAM $PYPL $IWM was mentioned as a catch up trade . Late to the party but bringing booze and chips Long calls
- DrScience: #TOSTradeFlash Something to whet your earnings trade curiosity going into the close... $AMZN +32% YTD $INTC 14% YTD $GOOGL 9% YTD $SBUX 42% YTD $DECK 40% YTD $EHTH 123% YTD $MGM 23% YTD
- MarketMaster: $AMZN what is the quickest way to hear the earnings numbers for Amazon?
|Stock Price||$USD 1,752.64|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 30th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 5.65 68.43%
- $USD 241.97 32.19%
- $USD 15.05 31.71%
- $USD 4.49 -35.76%
- $USD 6.69 -32.94%
- $USD 19.57 -29.94%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!