Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- mikeo561: @vfr777 $AMZN -- Hi @vfr777. Sorry for the delay in responding. Besides the obvious which is @DAN's comprehensive video course "High Octane Options" which I also highly recommend, I've also spent a lot of time reading others and researchi ...
- champ: $AMZN...watching.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN Me too. The question is if you want to take risk through the weekend. But sure does look ripe for a bounce trade on Monday
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN --- I'm in for a #day-Trade-only...for now but I'm not going to swing, into Risk....maybe on Monday, I might have another chance at entry. One day at a time or maybe only 1 hour at a time....I'm watching $APPL for direction also on $TQQQ
- Shopaholic526: $AMZN What does it mean when the put/call ratio is high?
- bwcarnation1: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN more puts being bought than calls...negative sentiment
- BocaRick: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN Negative, buying more puts than calls indicates people expect AMZN to fall. Owners of stock buying protection. Others just taking a bearish position on the stock
- DAN: $AMZN -- if you are long, you are wrong.
$AMZN – This is a bearish wedge on increasing volume. Earnings in a week.
$FB – face plant
$GOOGL – resistance now at 200-day MA. This is NOT a stock you should be owning.
$NVDA – This either.
$AAPL – or this either. ...
- Geewhiz: @gwenzee $AAPL Well done, sort of like @DAN $AMZN holdings
- Shopaholic526: $AMZN Got a couple of points this morning. Living dangerously. Everyone is gaming this stock because it's the only game in town.
$AMZN – same wedge pattern as SQ.
$DNR – failing?
$AET – is this a good buying opportunity? Look at what the potential reward is. Is it enough for you? It’s not for me.
$ADTN – your stop would be at $ ...
- mikeo561: @CraigReynolds -- Hi Craig. After many years, I finally found a book that explained the idea behind selling options (I use spreads because I am not brave enough, nor do I have the margin in small accounts, to sell naked....... sorry for the visual.) ...
- vfr777: @mikeo561 $AMZN Hi. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice on this matter and would like to learn more about this technique for income generation. What is the book that you are referring to? If you don't mind sharing!
Another @DAN ism: who's behind you? For me, this is a question of liquidity. Look at the options chains for $AMZN, $AZO, and $SPX. Do you see all those juicy premiums where your fortune can be made? Do you see how some weeks and prices have Zer ...
- mikeo561: @shoredriver $AMZN $AZO $SPX -- I lost track. Whatever happened? I know he was very active in $SVXY and $UVXY. Thx.
- shoredriver: @mikeo561 $AMZN $AZO $SPX $SVXY $UVXY Premium gorging till he got zapped.......
- mikeo561: @shoredriver $AMZN $AZO $SPX $SVXY $UVXY -- Yeah, trading options on triple etf's is about as risky as it gets........... until of course @bigbartabs comes out with his 4X cannabis ETF!!!
- GOOSE: @shoredriver $AMZN $AZO $SPX Just to let you know, Iceman is alive, well, thriving. ;>)
- shoredriver: @GOOSE $AMZN $AZO $SPX good to know...stopped trading??
- shoredriver: @GOOSE $AMZN $AZO $SPX Or was it Jetace or something like that who blew up ?? can't remember.....
- Shopaholic526: $AMZN So tempted but no. Only the disciplined ones in life are free. The undisciplined are a slave to their moods and passions - Eliud Kipchoge - world champion marathoner.
- bmacdon618: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN I know what you mean. I struggle with the "fear of losing money" vs the "fear of missing out". End up doing nuthin. Frustrating.
- champ: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN....Why be tempted now, the race started hours ago. The decision should have been made way before the open this morning, all marathoners have a game plan. The undisciplined are always the laggers, if they can't make decisions and do the proper training before the race starts...and it is OK... to not be in the race, many don't run every race. We can all pick and choose what race we want to participate in....their is always next time....but this race could continue for days, we just don't know and never will.
- Robert1965: $rOKU $amzn $tqqq All up AH after $nflx report
- jwstich: @Cramer on MM Cramer recommended nibbling on: $AMZN $INTU Theses are all down from 13-16% $ADSK $ISRG $EXPE $TTWO $IDXX
- shoredriver: @jwstich $AMZN $INTU $ADSK $ISRG $EXPE $TTWO $IDXX .....$ISRG...Longtime owner and nibbler...reports earnings next Thurs.....
- beabdolali: Going to add to my $AMZN position
- Robert1965: $AMZN $AMD $MSFT $ADBE all stocks I was looking at made PM moves uP
- BocaRick: @beabdolali $AMZN plus 62 right now,
- baronp0329: @barajelda $amzn That's why I waited until the selling settled down, and then bought a few minutes before the close yesterday 1/2 a position in AMZN at 1719 along with $AMZN Oct 1720 Calls and $SPY Oct 273 Calls.
- Henry: @BocaRick $AMZN Does AMZN hold here or fill the gap. What Dan said about Mondays rattled me and I will be in rural SC next week with no internet access and I will have to get in my car and drive a few miles to get cell phone access. Almost like a 3rd world country.
- klarson18: on the 1 minute chart this morning, $SQ, $AMZN, $QLD all look like a cup and handle
- baronp0329: @grcjr Agree with the market not looking strong. Already sold the of my 2/3 $AMZN stocks and all the AMZN Oct Calls and $SPY Oct Calls that I bought yesterday before the close. Very good profits that I don't want to risk losing, especially with the unknowns of the upcoming weekend. I'm back to 95% cash. Good luck with your trades.
- grcjr: $NVDA $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX Made some money on the jump overnight. All appear to be holding the overnight gains but no follow through. Will continue to watch but not adding. I will be heading out soon so the selling will start after that.
- Robert1965: @grcjr $NVDA $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX did you buy in AM if so entry point $AMZN and $AAPL left for Doctors at 3:20 got back to the computer at 6:15, thought I was chasing them
- grcjr: @Robert1965 $NVDA $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX - Trading in the after market (pre or post) just are too dicey for me. With the general weakness, I did not chase but there was little to chase. I did nibble AAPL and $STZ at the open. I was also ready to add to $AMZN, $NFLX, $JPM, $BA, $CRM, $SQ if we had a pop and run but I just did not find any.
- shoredriver: $ZUO...Named $AMZN premier partner for subscription services....
- shoredriver: $AMZN.....so much for 1700
- DAN: Market looks like its starting to catch some bids. $AMZN $DBX $GOOGL etc. Lots of stocks are working now. Look for those that are now higher than their opening prints, and above yesterday's close. There are too many to list here, and I'm on my scrawny laptop. Delta still hasn't delivered my luggage, so I don't have a clear picture of many stocks. But for active traders, the risk of a selloff is minimal now. Money is coming in, and it should continue into the afternoon. I can always be wrong, but that's how I see it. --Dan
- jwstich: @JBed $CRM tried $SPY, AND $AMZN X 2. I lost money on all three. I think Mr. Market is sending me a message. Maybe I could win the "Gartman I'm Never Right" award for this month.
- Ernest: @DAN $AMZN $DBX $GOOGL Dan, I don't think it's done going down, see the hourly charts, just a feeling.
- mopick: @DAN $AMZN $DBX $GOOGL, really? I must be looking at the wrong charts. The internals are looking dreadful!
- stairm01: $AMZN Volume seems to be picking up since around 2:10. As Buzz Light Year says, "To the moon and beyond." Just went long calls.
- Kristine: @stairm01 $AMZN - I also just picked up some Nov calls. It will need to hold the low of today.
- stairm01: $AMZN Looks like the fuse is lite.
- CoyoteDuster: $AMZN could not resist a little taste at $1695
$AMZN – big traders still trapped.
$NOW – 200-day MA rebound. Look at the pain in the chart. Low ceiling.
RP – same thing. After a big drop on a stock that you own, are you selling “now” to lock in the loss? Are you j ...
- barajelda: @baronp0329 dam that sure happened ...but he also said in the cnbc sell off shows after hours that it's time to get back in...back to $amzn
- champ: @Reif99 $AMZN #best #Market-and-Stock-Timing --- I'm still using the Schwab, StreetSmart.com platform but I will be losing this platform, any-day now because $AAPL will be dropping it. I will have to adjust to something else and it is not going to be easy, switching over after all of the years... that I have been on it.
- bigbartabs: @champ $AMZN $AAPL #best #Market-and-Stock-Timing ... using Schwab... once one gets used to a platform, its hard to get yourself to move on to another. I've been an Etrade and Etrade Pro user since its inception in the late 90's. I've considered using the TC2000 platform like many others use here at SMM. But... hard to change old dogs with new tricks. Let me know what you choose. I may be tagging along behind you. By the way... I am a power user of Excel... so whatever I choose, I need a very good link to real time Excel charts and streaming data into those sheets. All the best buddy...
- shoredriver: $AMZN......maybe below below 1800.....today....
- BobbyG: Just been swinging straddles at the end of the day on the easy ones: $AMZN $SQ $GOOGL. Just trying to get some base hits, otherwise completely in cash. Probably the norm for another few weeks.
- success: @shoredriver $AMZN hope not
- Brian_M: Feels like it is getting closer to capitulation time in some big tech stocks... $NFLX $AMZN, $PYPL, and many more...
- shoredriver: @Brian_M $NFLX $AMZN $PYPL getting ready to back up the truck.....maybe.......
- Brian_M: @shoredriver $NFLX $AMZN $PYPL I am watching $NFLX and $PYPL because they both have earnings next week and figure they may be able to bounce. Sill waiting.....
- Brian_M: @Brian_M $NFLX $AMZN $PYPL Dipped my toe in on $NFLX and $PYPL and now to see if it will get cut off. Also took a little nibble on $NVDA.
- bsafriet: $AMZN. BTO Oct-12 1860 calls @$41.00. Shortly after the open, not a great entry but ok. Up about 4 pts on the option. Exit plan is out by the close or if the price rolls over, will use a 5 min daily chart and exit if the close of most recent bar is below the low of the previous bar. Would like to use a 15 min chart but AMZN moves to fast for that right now. Looking like I’ll be out in a few sec.
- bsafriet: $AMZN out with a $3.90 profit. Has reversed on gone up again but I am not re-entering for a bit anyway. Anyone else make this trade today?
- tkcoretrader: @bsafriet $AMZN Good for you! I entered last night at 1855.00 and got out this morning also after Dan's post on $AMZN.
- Shopaholic526: @tkcoretrader $AMZN Yes 59 minute trade. Calls 8.5 pts.
- champ: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN --- This is the #best trading stock in the markets, for me...you can really do great....but for traders only.
- Henry: @champ $AMZN #best and you have to be in sync with it.
- champ: @Henry $AMZN #best ---- You have to have #Market-and-Stock-Timing, on all trades...but this one is outstanding.
- Robert1965: @Shopaholic526 $AMZN what were the calls
- Reif99: @champ $AMZN #best #Market-and-Stock-Timing What vehicle are you using to trade?
- debeers: $TNDM/$DXCM vs $HAE-How are your antacids holding up? If you want to be in this space--why not hold something easy to hold?LONG HAE. $BA- It would be great for the bears to knock this one down EXCEPT that every day it gets another contract either from the government or the private airlines for maintenance or planes. This time, today---another government contract f or 9.2B for pilot training.LONG BA $CP-room to run.LONG CP $LULU-a bottom in pants (so to speak). $AMZN-saw the 50 and said, "don't you get it? the new stores will be cashierless. How much am I going to spend for labor there?"
- champ: $AMZN @ $1840....Day-trade entry....didn't last very long....good for +$11.00
- champ: $DJI @ 26,460....nice move off of LOD 240 points....this was what we were waiting for, now we will see if it continues. $AMZN is up $47 off of LOD....
COTD: $AMZN – This is more dangerous than you might think.
$SPX – Looking for an oversold rebound tomorrow. Be careful...lots of overhead resistance, and still several days away from earnings. Doesn’t it feel like stocks are hang ...
- Robert1965: $AMZN @DAN what was the option trade mentioned last night
- bwcarnation1: @Robert1965 $AMZN I think he bought 1910 sold the 1980 calls nov
- Robert1965: @bwcarnation1 $AMZN thanks
- Reif99: @debeers $AMZN "Oh, I get it:Amazon. Is it really that simple? Well, sometimes yes it is." It's what Henry Ford did. Paid his workers enough to afford to buy his cars.
- Reif99: @debeers $AMZN $LULU How many folks making $15/hour are itemizing their taxes?
- debeers: @Reif99 $AMZN -EXACTLY
- debeers: $AMZN-So, let's think about this for a micro mini:(yes @issues, I AM talking to you) you work at Amazon, you have just been given a 20% raise if you live in Chicago and pray tell from whom are you buying your XMas presents? Oh, I get it:Amazon. Is it really that simple? Well, sometimes yes it is. $LULU- Salesfolk are also doing Yoga classes. How many of those men and women do you believe are really making under $15?. How many of them also get to deduct all their LULU clothes off of their taxes for required work apparel? These folks are NOT wearing business suits. I seriously doubt that the YOGA teachers are making $15 bucks an hour @Reif.
- Reif99: $AMZN pausing at the VWAP ...
- Kristine: @Reif99 $AMZN - Sure didn't expect it to recover so much off the low. I reloaded with the pause at 1873 which so far has turned into a really nice trade.
$AMZN – Double top. Stay away until earnings trade...unless you are active. Use 15 minute charts.
$NVDA – only for active trading off 50-day MA.
$CHEF – added to S&P 600 small caps.
$EVOP – IPO
- Reif99: $AMZN testing he 50 DMA - that's been a good place to buy. I have an iron condor already on - it could use the bounce
- Reif99: $AMZN bounced right off the 50 DMA, let's ee if it holds
- traderbren: @Reif99 $AMZN - yep, and poke below for a brief moment. Watching here.
- Reif99: @traderbren $AMZN Nope, still going lower
- Reif99: Bought a couple $AMZN OCT 1920 calls. Stop under LOD
- Reif99: Stopped out of $AMZN Market can't get a bid
- Ernest: @Reif99 $AMZN Yea' I know, people are really hurt , and distrustful. I cashed out today premarket, and now I am in small $AMZN @ $1,919.00 a little down .
- 86944T: @Reif99 $AMZN Me too. I’ll look for it on the way back up. Falling knife right now.
- Brian_M: Looks like $AMZN is trying to rally a bit here
- Reif99: $AMZN bears aren't done.
- DAN: $AMZN $QQQ -- Tech is rallying into the close...not a lot...but a little. I started a small bull call spread position in Amazon. VERY small.
- debeers: $AAPL/$AMZN- Both responded to the Bloomberg story earlier today: LONG FORM: Apple and Amazon have issued unusually robust on-the-record statements, refuting a Bloomberg report that Chinese spies planted microchips in hardware from supplier Super Micro. "We are deeply disappointed that in their dealings with us, Bloomberg’s reporters have not been open to the possibility that they or their sources might be wrong or misinformed," Apple said, in part. "As we shared with Bloomberg BusinessWeek multiple times over the last couple months, this is untrue," Amazon said, in part. In a statement to Business Insider, a Bloomberg News spokesperson said, "We stand by our story and are confident in our reporting and sources." SHORT FORM: When you lay down with dogs, sometimes you get fleas. Long Both.
- Reif99: Pretty surprised and disappointed $AMZN didn't finish stronger, I would have thought a half hour ago it would have been higher than 1916
- Legobusier1: ...watching the trades tick through on $AMZN at the close...somebody traded 243,986 shares @ $1909.42 ($465M)....woof....which one of you was it? ;)
- TopCat1000: @DAN $AMZN $QQQ I picked up a small position in $AMZN at $1900 with a stop below the 9/24/18 low
$AMZN – took SMALL position for a trade. If it doesn’t work, I’m out. Do NOT tolerate losers.
$DNR – working well. Up 22%.
$ROKU – removed.
$ALGN – NOW I would sell it if I owned it.
$PRAH – ...
9. $AMZN – Wait for test of 50-day MA. Could turn out to be a good run into earnings on 10/25. But no edge here.
10. $ALRM – I suggested taking profits. That was my mistake. Not looking for lower prices...just not looking for higher pri ...
- DAN: $AAPL $AMZN $ADBE Look at stocks like Apple, Amazon, and Adobe. All have been strong, but are not working now. They're all falling away from their highs. Big yellow flag.
- debeers: $AAPL-You are going to see a great Q here. How do I know? Samsung had a great quarter and what is good for Samsung is, well, great, for $AAPL. It goes down a skosh, I add. It really shouldn't today based on the Samsung results. $AMZN-down because it agreed to pay US workers and those in great Britain $15 an hour. O the horrors! if you check out how much the Costco workers get with health benefits, you'll be floored. This is stunning for the US economy because now those workers will not require supplemental assistance. Can it go down another 10? Gee i hope so. I'll be adding. $BOOT-showing you how to make money in retail: hook up with Miranda just when THE VOICE starts its new season all clogged with wannabe country western stars.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,696.20|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 31st, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 22.05 29.06%
- $USD 5.16 28.25%
- $USD 5.93 27.15%
- $USD 25.13 -22.08%
- $USD 24.75 -20.92%
- $USD 13.10 -18.55%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!