Activision Blizzard Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI)
Old Forum Content for ATVIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $GME Black Friday sales numbers and an upgrade appear to have forestalled the 😲eminent😲 collapse of gaming, at least, until Thursday when the company reports. Console makers $SNE and $MSFT stabilizing more-or-less around the 200 DMA; and game-makers $ATVI and $EA could be at tradable lows, but $TTWO might be in no-man's-land in its recovery. Waiting for Cyber Monday reports before dipping into the waters, but cautious for the time being.
$ATVI – likely move higher tomorrow. Don’t ask too much.
$ISRG – higher low...relative and absolute. Stop below $480.
$SYK – for long term hold? EPS/Rev growth is 10-12%ish, which is ok. Under distribution ...
- CraigReynolds: @PhilHarmonic $YELP Watching this at open. It could and hope it will. Dan pointed this out last night along with $ATVI for possible bounce. Anticipation watch.
- Reif99: $atvi off the mat
- PJMR11: @Reif99 $atvi still below opening print. Waiting to see if it can get over and stay there for a few minutes.
- Reif99: was in $YELP $ATVI and $CTL flat on everything now Made some on Yelp lost some on ATVI break even on CTL
- DrScience: @Reif99 $ATVI took some stock @ 53.60 and @ 54.00 on second swoon and recovery. If the stock cannot hold the low, we'll bail and see what the coming week offers.
- DrScience: $ATVI trading above VWAP. expect a test of the open @ 55.00 and the high @ 55.50
- DrScience: $ATVI Stopped out @ 56.00
- PJMR11: $ATVI Raised stop
COTD: $ATVI – Disappointing earnings. Might give you an oversold rebound tomorrow. Members...look at today’s trader training webinar for techniques on this.
• Fed – going to keep raising rates. Dec ...
- DrScience: $TTWO reported strong earnings, and raised guidance for FY2019. Look for pin action in $ATVI tomorrow ahead of their earnings release AMC.
- issues: @Brian_M $EA we prefer $ttwo & $atvi
- Brian_M: @issues $EA $ttwo $atvi very similar look I didn't think to check the others. Thanks
- BocaRick: $TTWO $EA $ATVI really falling??
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI Yes and I have been unable to find a reason. Do you know why? Want to add them to my watch list.
- DrScience: @jwstich $TTWO $EA $ATVI All three (basically) fell from a bearish wedge pattern. Buzz surrounding Fortnite has diminished, but, for investors, stocks are in show-me mode. $EA will be the first to report at the EOM, with $TTWO and $ATVI a week later. Also, when $MSFT reports, we should get a clearer picture of what game console makers are expecting for the holiday season. IV for earnings in all three is quite high, excellent time to sell OTM BuPS to play an earnings run. For example, $ATVI NOV 65/70 BuPS @ 1.30 looks good. If the stock does as expected, it should test the 50 DMA before $EA reports -- maybe sooner. That's when I'd look to sell the NOV 80/85 or 85/90 BeCS to hold over earnings. Unfortunately, the stock looks like it wants lower prices in the next week, so we may be looking at selling the call side of the iron condor first!
- BocaRick: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT on #StockTwits?? #Forbes article on ATVI units sold less than expected, pulled sector down.
- jwstich: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT Really like your idea. Are you going to buy the BuPs today?
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT #StockTwits #Forbes I think this ia the article in Barron's. https://tinyurl.com/yauc8dzw
- debeers: $ATVI-As advertised last week,. Black Ops was the single best release in co. history. Barclays finally got a clue and this morning upgraded them 10 points higher than their original estimate. $BA-DAN NATHAN- Notwithstanding---- who shrieked Friday that Boeing was busted, $BA-Boeing isn't busted. How do we know? 1. POTUS has to prioritize tyrants: Who is worse? NOKO, IRAN, CHINA? the SAUDIS?? 2. The Saudis have an economic summit that no one wants to attend and kiss their a---. So, of course, they will now find some poor schmuck to blame for the journalist's disappearance/murder and will announce that they have chosen to execute him. 3. Boeing in the future won't shake its moneymaker on the sale of planes: the secret to its dominance will be avionics,. 4. Lockheed and Boeing are huuuuge employers. The auto industry is struggling...not an option to lose defense industry as well..
- debeers: $ATVI-CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS just released. It well may be that $TTWO may be a better game but Strauss Zelnick has already disappointed twice as to expected releases of his video game. I think that $ATVI will kill it over the holidays and the recent ...
- bnnybklyn: @debeers $ATVI $TTWO IMO and backed by some evidence and some data - $TTWO Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the best selling game in years. online boards are filled with incredibly popular comments shrugging off COD - all waiting with baited breath for RDR2. The 3 official trailer videos on YouTube for RDR2 garnered 44M views, COD had 4 trailers for various aspect of gameplay totaling 29.5M and the game is now released.
- ag1: $ATVI Blue Sky today but very choppy, Added today
- bwcarnation1: $XLC etf solidly above the 50d has some big tech names in it ie. $GOOGL, $FB, $NFLX, $ATVI, etc long
- tjv821: $atvi anyone liking it here??
- steve71: $ATVI Taking partial profits @ 78.90. PPS jumped on reviews saying Activision murder, mayhem and slaughter game as good as Fortnite killing, disembowelment, and decapitation game. Or something. These gamer stocks have a bright future.
- issues: @steve71 $ATVI Thanks for this very funny post. Thanks for the snicker. "Decapitation murder mayhem...bright future." Great humor. Ho ho ho!
- DrScience: $ATVI gamer getting some love today. CMF is off-the-chain as this week-long consolidation just above the 200 DMA unfolds. Even $EA is starting to look better after its new game release snafu. Long both.
- steve71: $ATVI $TTWO $EA Nice to see follow through on the gamers. They may be less at risk to further China tariffs. Tech and China tech are all bouncing. Will that last to the bell with another $200B in tariffs possible at any time?
- steve71: $ATVI $EA $TTWO The gamers are all outperforming today. Maybe some FANG money rolling in to new positions.
- DrScience: $GME falling 10% as buyout deal appears to be out of play. Game-makers $ATVI and $EA pulling back in sympathy.
- cule8: $ATVI above R1 and running
- DrScience: @cule8 $ATVI The MACD cross and move above the 200 DMA appears to be working well. CMF confirming buyers are adding to positions. Some resistance here mixed with short-covering, but moving nicely to the real test of resistance at $75 -- the 50 DMA. I added to NOV 75 Calls.
- jbuc5222: $ATVI starting to bounce after being down for 5 weeks
- bwcarnation1: $ATVI moving off the 200d on above ave vol. long
- cule8: $atvi starter position
- DrScience: $ATVI sitting on the 200 DMA. Has been a relatively opportune time to buy the past two times, and good for a 25% return 90-100 days later. I'm long the NOV 75 Calls @ 1.92
- DrScience: $ATVI coming off the 200 DMA. Somebody likes the company's prospects for Christmas releases and sales, buying 10K FEB 65 Calls @ 10.92ish
- tigerjohn8: @DrScience $ATVI I've tried to make money with $ATVI before but my timing always bad. But it's just off 200 DMA so here I go again (starter position in shares)
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA $TTWO $AMD $NVDA $INTC - given the gains in the gamers I'm surprised that $AMD and $NVDA are not showing a tag along. The home game platform of the future may be a stripped down system compared to today that is mostly a high definition 3-D display/visor and a fast internet connection. The game processing will be in the cloud. $AMD could have the home system while an $INTC/$NVDA combo has the cloud. For a good fiction (but not completely) read, find a copy of "Ready Player One". IMHO the book is better than the movie.
- Ajax4Hire: @PJMR11 $T Same here. $T - AT&T is above 5% dividend(/year) and at a multi-year low. $T-AT&T acquisition of $TWC - Time-Warner is the realization that Internet Service Provider and Content Creator combination is a "greater than the sum" solution. $VZ-Verizon, $TMUS-T-Mobile, $S-Sprint, $CMCSA-Comcast, $CHTR-Charter will hungrily troll the land looking for Content Creators to buy. Just as $APPL-Apple, $AMZN-Amazon and $NFLX-Netflix are doing now. This is on the heals of $CHTR-Charter acquiring $TWC-Time-Warner Cable(the ISP/Cable part). Something to keep in mind; Video games is big business new(bigger than movies). Expect deep-pocket ISP/communication companies to lust after Content Creators like $EA, $TTWO, Valve/Steam, $ATVI-Activision $TCEHY-Tencent holdings, $NTES-NetEase, $UBSFY-Ubisoft, $SQNXF-SquareEnix. As a reminder; GTA-V(Grand Theft Auto #5) grossed $800M in the 1st 24hrs of release.
- steve71: @Kjksm1 $ttwo $TTWO $EA $ATVI The gamers continue to work. Business is great. The drop in baseball attendance, soccer watching etc. is thought partly due to people gaming instead. $TTWO is triple toppy, and I was just thinking about writing some 17Aug 130 calls over my position. Wouldn't add shares unless it breaks above those tops.
- justinp: @steve71 $ttwo $TTWO $EA $ATVI Yup eSports is growing as well. Huge in Korea (the south one).
- debeers: $BA-Day 1 of Farnborough- So far here's what's come in : GOL order for 30 737 Max's, Goshawk 20 737's, NEW service orders so far 2.1B $AMZN-so far up another 15 bucks or so $NKE-beloved still Retail on case by case. No politics relevant to Prime Day, sneaks, select bio stocks, or anything else.. Have you noticed that not 1 gamer cares about politics? $ATVI-down today and comfortably above the 8 day. $MTN- resort goers in the summer and skiiers in the winter couldn't give a damn about trading partners. Neither do the cowboys ($BOOT).
$ATVI-leader in gamer facilities and has large co, like Disney and ESPN tie ups.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ATVI Activision Blizzard Inc. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ATVI&clip=103814
debeers: $ATVI- in case you missed it:LONG
Overwatch League Coming to ESPN/Disney XD after Agreement with Activision
10:06 AM ET, 07/12/2018 - Briefing.com
Activision Blizzard (ATVI 78.83, +0.22) has announced the signing of an exclusive multi-year deal with ...
- bRobert: $TTWO $EA $ATVI $SNE Not playing games. going higher
- Reif99: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE I have diagonals on $CRM and $AMZN, and they've gone so far so fast the deltas are actually negative. Gonna see if we get a pull back tomorrow, or else I have to buy back options (or at least roll them) at ATH's.
- samir77: Speaking of $ATVI got in early around 79.5 today. But stop hit @ 78.68 then it ran up all the way to 81. Lately Im making etrade a lot of money on comissions
- bRobert: @samir77 $ATVI Smaller position size and looser stop on initial position with breakout. OR don't buy breakout. Buy pullback/bounce Reaffirms breakout/underlying buying interest
- debeers: @Reif99 $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE ---We have a nice precipitating event for $AMZN--Prime Day. I didn't say to buy it here. I say I own it (from 753) and always own into Amazon Prime day.
- samir77: @bRobert $ATVI Thank you bRobert
- Tangojoy: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE- I have AMZN at $757! Glad to have a fellow "patient" investor. The only way I make money is buy and hold. Believe me, it works!!
debeers: $AMZN/$ATVI/$BA/$CRM/$HAE/$MA/$MTN/$NKE/$RACE-LONGS all.
$AMZN Today some nut job analyst increased their target by 20%,
I am probably also a little wacko on this one but who can argue with their success?Added more members on prime days than any oth ...
6. $ATVI – Breakout above $80 on volume. Alert at $81.50
7. $TTWO – breaking out. Feb high is almost irrelevant.
8. $AMZN – Looking for much higher prices, but sold into this today b/c of profits. If you don’t feel like a ...
- steve71: $EA $TTWO $ATVI Gamers working. Viewed as potential buyouts as big media compete to lock up content.
- bRobert: $ATVI another set up alert > 78.. $EA $TTWO $SNE Not playing games
- debeers: $ATVI-Multi year ESPN Disney deal for gamer audience LONG. $EA is good as well.
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO If you compare TTWO to $EA and $ATVI what do you come up with? All three have similar chart patterns. Hard to pick. OK I see TTWO is up a little more than the other two so I bought a starter position. Thank you Rob!
- bRobert: @issues $TTWO $EA $ATVI I like them all. I've been in TTWO a while . Closer to support. I think they all will work
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO compare to $EA and $ATVI. The best may be EA but its up only 4% while the others are up just 2% on 10 day chart.
- grcjr: $EA $TTWO $ATVI - $ATVI has made another nice move up just shy of previous resistance. A break above $79.64 is a new all time high. Currently $79.04. $EA at another all time high. $TTWO moving up also, not far from a new all time high.
- grcjr: @Wolf $AMD $EA $TTWO $ATVI - I recall hearing something out of the E3 conference in LA. I took a quick look at the reports but just too much for a quick hit. It was something about a specific game and a specific hardware vendor. Might have been a game or games not being available on a platform (perhaps using $AMD). Morgan Stanley upgraded $ATVI and $TTWO, not $EA. $EA has drifted down toward yesterday's close beginning about 1PM EDT.
- bwcarnation1: $ATVI 5% vs above ave vol moving up 2+%
- grcjr: Thinking I'm glad I'm out of $ATVI (down today and after the close. $TTWO may have missed on earnings (early report from CNBC) and has halted trading. Was up a bit at the close.
- grcjr: @grcjr $ATVI $TTWO - $TTWO is trading again ... down roughly 6%. $ATVI down a smidge.
- geotheo: #Morgan Stanley 30 Top Stock picks (FWIW) Accenture $ACN Activision Blizzard $ATVI Alphabet $GOOGL Amazon $AMZN BlackRock $BLK BNY Mellon Schwab $SCHW Constellation Brands $STZ Dollar General $DG Dominos $DPZ Estee Lauder $EL First Republic Bank $frc Gartner $IT Intuitive Surgical $ISRG IQVIA Holdings $IQV JP Morgan $JPM Marsh & McLennan $MMC Microsoft $MSFT NExtEra Energy $NEE Northrop $NOC Phillip Morris $PM Prologis $PLD Raytheon $RTN Salesforce.com $CRM SBA Comm $SBAC Sherwin Williams $SHW Thermo Fisher Scientific $TMO Visa $V Disney $DIS
- traderbren: $ATVI - looks constructive here given the move in $EA this morning following ER.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - (I was just about to post again when I saw yours) Both are moving up. My position is with $ATVI. Have a trailing stop.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - $TTWO also moving up nicely.
- baronp0329: @grcjr @traderben $ATVI $EA $TTWO I have ATVI stocks and June 70 calls bought 2 days ago. Also, keep an eye on financials. I added to my financials (stocks and options) at the open today $BAC $JPM $GS. They all look good today.
- issues: I am glad I sold $LGIH yesterday. Bear engulfing is a sure sign of bad things to come. $WB I got wacked (sold 1/4 position). Bought $BR -Cramer did a good segment on it last night. I also added to/bought small starters in $LGCY $WRD $cRZO $RDSA $ATVI.
- tssanti: @CHOFF #Minervini #TOS Had positive results in Feb and March with $CATM, $CREE, $MU, $PYPL, and $FTV. Negative Results in $SPPI, $CNHI, $ABBV, $ATVI. Less active in April (due to travel etc) and requiring a greater profit potential of x times than y stop. I was looking mostly at Relative strength rank greater than 80-90. I am revisiting also using relative strength rank > 70 after listening to Mark Minervini's and David Ryan's webinar last week. After they shared some tickers and opined that some tickers (like GTHX - ENSG- PJT) are not popular or well known I'm experimenting with using Minervini's basic scan but limiting to Russell 2000 tickers and looking for better entries.
- CHOFF: @tssanti $CATM $CREE $MU $PYPL $FTV $SPPI $CNHI $ABBV $ATVI #Minervini #TOS Thanks. The 80-90 RS seems too oversold in most of the tickers I see it produce. I run a similar scan at 60 and 70 and add a filter for unusual volume to try and capture the VCP he references often. Good luck.
- Aragorn: @grcjr $ATVI earnings were released by accident and it ran and so did EA and TTWO
- grcjr: $ATVI to report after the close. Zig zag price action recently today. After a flat line for most of the day, it moved starting about 1PM EDT. First up, then neutral, now down. Looks like the earnings were announced.
- traderbren: @Aragorn $ATVI - yep, I was wondering why $EA and $TTWO did a zig then a zag.
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - thanks. I was updating my post while you posted. Cheers.
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - Hmmm. Too late to close my used to be positive position remnants before the close.
- Aragorn: @grcjr $ATVI that sucks I m sorry well maybe you get a reversal and double up but if you do as soon as the new position goes red close that out but above he 8ema on a one now so a place you can try a long from IMO Watch it carefully inside one now at the 8ema it came ina drop
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - watching the ticker currently. Conf call at 4:30PM EDT.
- PJMR11: @grcjr $ATVI Looks like a falling knife. I always get hurt when I try to catch these. NP
- grcjr: @PJMR11 $ATVI - I had planned to close out all this afternoon prior to the close ... generally do not hold over earnings.
- Aragorn: @grcjr $ATVI watch for a bounce to take some stock like I said if you held it thru this you might as well try it wait for above 8ema on a one minimum
- Aragorn: @Aragorn $ATVI outside one and up
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - I bailed a couple bounces ago. Just removed them from my Christmas list.
- Aragorn: @grcjr $ATVI too funny, I would do the same except it is Hanukah cards for me
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - send them a lump of coal.
- grcjr: @Aragorn $ATVI - I should have said "holiday card list"
- Aragorn: $ATVI open 69.13
- grcjr: $ATVI so it goes ... Just jumped to a positive position for the day. Trading had been stopped. Just resumed.
- grcjr: @grcjr $ATVI - now negative again.
13. $ATVI – I wouldn’t buy here b/c it’s fallen so sharply. Institutional selling. Support at $65, so wouldn’t sell now. But this needs to consolidate and tighten. Now, too many unhappy bulls who just want out.
14. $INTC ...
- steve71: $ATVI BTO @71.61 Bounce off the 50 dma worked well last month. Looking for a repeat.
- DrScience: $ATVI pushing to new 52-week high. With "Call of Duty" being their best-selling first-person shooter, TICOTUS could take aim at the company. Psst! Don't tell him they have "Candy Crush", as well.
$NVDA also reported 340 autonomous car partnerships that only represent 5% of their revenues currently...there is a huge runway ahead, to say the least. Other supporting news: $ATVI and $EA (2 leaders in the video gaming industry; $NVDA's primary ma ...
- issues: @DAN $TTWO Which do you prefer $ATVI $EA or $TTWO?
- grcjr: $MAR $WFC $JPM $MCHP $CBOE $BAC $STT $AMZN $VLO $MSFT $NVDA $MPC $NFLX $SPY $ATVI - Some of the new 52+week highs $APC $HAL new 26 week high
|Stock Price||$USD 46.87|
Activision Blizzard Inc is an online, personal computer, video game console, tablet, handheld, and mobile game publisher. It has three operating segments: - Activision Publishing, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Activision Blizzard Distribution.Request Video of ATVI
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 9th, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 10.45 431.27%
- $USD 42.95 53.48%
- $USD 154.64 43.25%
- $USD 20.90 -38.06%
- $USD 6.46 -23.61%
- $USD 42.80 -21.73%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!