Activision Blizzard Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI)
Old Forum Content for ATVIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $ATVI Inside day and down. Rolling over into ex-div date tomorrow. Could it be $AAPL's Arcade Gaming Subscription service giving investors some heartburn? Though I doubt Apple will compete in the gaming market based on price, I'm guessing revenue estimates at the other subscription sites will come down.
- kt4000: @DrScience $ATVI $AAPL No I made the mistake of buying it last night - Qualcomm got a positive ruling
- DrScience: $ATVI #CoveredCall Video gaming stock pays one annual dividend of .37, and the date is coming up fast -- 3/27. Here's a dividend capture trade for a 24-day hold. SMM Calculator results for a Cash Settled Account (IRA) for an APR 48 Covered Call: Buy 100 Shares at $47.18: $4,718.00 Sell 1 $48 Strike Call at $1.37: ($137.00) Capital Required: $4,581.00 Maximum Gain: $219.00 Return: 4.78%, ***add in the dividend and return bumps to 5.87% Annualized: 103.44%
- DrScience: Video #Gamers are still floundering below the 200 DMA. $GME earnings in two weeks, APR 2. Activist want stock price performance, but business model is a dinosaur. Mom's don't have to drive to the mall in the internet age where gamers need only download, subscribe and play. $EA upgraded at Morgan Stanley PT $88 (from $80). But, hot new game "Apex Legends" has some flaws, and Weibo users ask for China region to be blocked. https://technode.com/2019/03/19/weibo-users-support-apex-legends-blocking-china-gamers/. I'll bet traders would like to exploit some of those features! $ATVI back above the 50 DMA on news that Tencent $TECHY $TTWO Niggling rumor of buyout "just keeps me hangin' on!" The 50 DMA and $100 resistance levels to overcome.
- DrScience: $EA $ATVI $TTWO What's $EA got that the others don't? It looks like EA may have the top new game of 2019 with “Apex Legends.” But, if $EA succumbs to the pull of gravity, an APR 110/120 BeCS @ 1.10 with a stop above the 200 DMA works.
- DrScience: $ATVI $TTWO $EA continuing to fall after yesterday's data release in video game space. $GME is at a fish-or-cut-bait point. A move below $11 could signal much more downside -- about $11 -- as the brick & mortar model gives way to online pressures. Could be the next Circuit City or Radio Shack.
- DrScience: $ATVI $EA $TTWO $GME Dive! Dive! Dive! Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Been reading the news on video gaming at https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1098239904855797765
- issues: @DrScience $ATVI $EA $TTWO $GME Stopped out of TTWO at $90.47 but still holding a 1/4 position hoping for a bounce.
- DrScience: $ATVI Stock creating a higher low since earnings, and moving to today's high. Seeing action in next weeks' 45 Calls on the ask. I started a position in JAN 2020 50 Calls.
- DrScience: $ATVI The stock is performing similarly to $EA upon its earnings release, shaking off the overly Bearish sentiment here in the short-term. Price targets have come down to current levels, and below. And, while I expect some rebuilding and (probably) the next earnings release before the video game cohort moves back above the 200 DMA, this offers enough time to write a covered call, or three. Three up days and testing the 50 DMA, $ATVI is back in the middle part of range. Looking at covering some stock with the MAR 47.50 Calls @ 1.50.
- DrScience: $EA seems to have issues with $106.00 -- Bears blocking the road to the 200 DMA. Well, rather than try to bull through, might try a detour around the blockage. But, be aware that the alternate route could have some large potholes. NOTE: IV is inflated by recent events (IV 47% and IVRank 63) and will be influenced by cohort $ATVI earnings report after the bell. Buy MAR 100 Covered Call @ 95.00-95.50. Structure offers almost a 5% return (75% annualized) for a 31 day hold. For premium sellers: Sell MAR 100 Puts @ 5.00 Similar risk as covered call, stop on stock price below 20 DMA. -- or -- Sell MAR 95/100 BuPS @ 1.90 Defined risk/reward 3:2
- DrScience: $EA another blast higher this morning. Sold the remainder of my position at $106. $ATVI reports tomorrow AMC, small position looking for a bit of a lift into the event.
- DrScience: $EA $ATVI $TTWO investors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk
- CraigReynolds: @DrScience $EA $ATVI $TTWO Believe this was Cramer's half time CNBC trade at end. Buy Buy Buy???
- grcjr: $ATVI - I started a new spec position yesterday. I like the company but have not been in it for months. Oversold. To boot, the Najarians covered it yesterday. Up nicely yesterday from my buy point and today in the pre-market. I'm watching to add to what is a spec swing trade for me.
DrScience: $EA Stock is down 10% on disappointing financial results and guidance. Competitors in the videogame space, $TTWO and $ATVI, sank 3% on the news, while $TCEHY (which has a stake in "Fortnite"-creator Epic Games) finished on the highs.
- indigo1948: @DrScience $EA $TTWO $ATVI $TCEHY -off topic -are you still involved with $BLL? I wanted to thank you for your posts on this one as I got involved with puts and now am long the stock-many thanks.
- grcjr: $ATVI - on CNBC (I think it was) Dr J pumped this ticker with unusual activity. Did touch a new almost 2 year low.
- Forexpro: @Forexpro $ATVI $EA $NFLX Hi, Friends, Here's the daily chart for $EA. All the best!
- debeers: @Forexpro $ATVI $EA $NFLX - OT-The Pats can sneak up on anyone--no need for apology. Despite continual "zebra" errors, the following stats certainly bolster the case for a deserved win. Because i am a fundie girl, if i look at the statistic ...
Forexpro: Re: $ATVI, $EA
I have some writing to do, and since it has to be done, I would of course prefer to do almost anything else, within reason. The latter activities include going through this weekend's edition of Barron's. Tae Kim, in t ...
- DrScience: $GME Black Friday sales numbers and an upgrade appear to have forestalled the 😲eminent😲 collapse of gaming, at least, until Thursday when the company reports. Console makers $SNE and $MSFT stabilizing more-or-less around the 200 DMA; and game-makers $ATVI and $EA could be at tradable lows, but $TTWO might be in no-man's-land in its recovery. Waiting for Cyber Monday reports before dipping into the waters, but cautious for the time being.
$ATVI – likely move higher tomorrow. Don’t ask too much.
$ISRG – higher low...relative and absolute. Stop below $480.
$SYK – for long term hold? EPS/Rev growth is 10-12%ish, which is ok. Under distribution ...
- CraigReynolds: @PhilHarmonic $YELP Watching this at open. It could and hope it will. Dan pointed this out last night along with $ATVI for possible bounce. Anticipation watch.
- Reif99: $atvi off the mat
- PJMR11: @Reif99 $atvi still below opening print. Waiting to see if it can get over and stay there for a few minutes.
- Reif99: was in $YELP $ATVI and $CTL flat on everything now Made some on Yelp lost some on ATVI break even on CTL
- DrScience: @Reif99 $ATVI took some stock @ 53.60 and @ 54.00 on second swoon and recovery. If the stock cannot hold the low, we'll bail and see what the coming week offers.
- DrScience: $ATVI trading above VWAP. expect a test of the open @ 55.00 and the high @ 55.50
- DrScience: $ATVI Stopped out @ 56.00
- PJMR11: $ATVI Raised stop
COTD: $ATVI – Disappointing earnings. Might give you an oversold rebound tomorrow. Members...look at today’s trader training webinar for techniques on this.
• Fed – going to keep raising rates. Dec ...
- DrScience: $TTWO reported strong earnings, and raised guidance for FY2019. Look for pin action in $ATVI tomorrow ahead of their earnings release AMC.
- issues: @Brian_M $EA we prefer $ttwo & $atvi
- Brian_M: @issues $EA $ttwo $atvi very similar look I didn't think to check the others. Thanks
- BocaRick: $TTWO $EA $ATVI really falling??
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI Yes and I have been unable to find a reason. Do you know why? Want to add them to my watch list.
- DrScience: @jwstich $TTWO $EA $ATVI All three (basically) fell from a bearish wedge pattern. Buzz surrounding Fortnite has diminished, but, for investors, stocks are in show-me mode. $EA will be the first to report at the EOM, with $TTWO and $ATVI a week later. Also, when $MSFT reports, we should get a clearer picture of what game console makers are expecting for the holiday season. IV for earnings in all three is quite high, excellent time to sell OTM BuPS to play an earnings run. For example, $ATVI NOV 65/70 BuPS @ 1.30 looks good. If the stock does as expected, it should test the 50 DMA before $EA reports -- maybe sooner. That's when I'd look to sell the NOV 80/85 or 85/90 BeCS to hold over earnings. Unfortunately, the stock looks like it wants lower prices in the next week, so we may be looking at selling the call side of the iron condor first!
- BocaRick: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT on #StockTwits?? #Forbes article on ATVI units sold less than expected, pulled sector down.
- jwstich: @DrScience $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT Really like your idea. Are you going to buy the BuPs today?
- jwstich: @BocaRick $TTWO $EA $ATVI $MSFT #StockTwits #Forbes I think this ia the article in Barron's. https://tinyurl.com/yauc8dzw
- debeers: $ATVI-As advertised last week,. Black Ops was the single best release in co. history. Barclays finally got a clue and this morning upgraded them 10 points higher than their original estimate. $BA-DAN NATHAN- Notwithstanding---- who shrieked Friday that Boeing was busted, $BA-Boeing isn't busted. How do we know? 1. POTUS has to prioritize tyrants: Who is worse? NOKO, IRAN, CHINA? the SAUDIS?? 2. The Saudis have an economic summit that no one wants to attend and kiss their a---. So, of course, they will now find some poor schmuck to blame for the journalist's disappearance/murder and will announce that they have chosen to execute him. 3. Boeing in the future won't shake its moneymaker on the sale of planes: the secret to its dominance will be avionics,. 4. Lockheed and Boeing are huuuuge employers. The auto industry is struggling...not an option to lose defense industry as well..
- debeers: $ATVI-CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS just released. It well may be that $TTWO may be a better game but Strauss Zelnick has already disappointed twice as to expected releases of his video game. I think that $ATVI will kill it over the holidays and the recent ...
- bnnybklyn: @debeers $ATVI $TTWO IMO and backed by some evidence and some data - $TTWO Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the best selling game in years. online boards are filled with incredibly popular comments shrugging off COD - all waiting with baited breath for RDR2. The 3 official trailer videos on YouTube for RDR2 garnered 44M views, COD had 4 trailers for various aspect of gameplay totaling 29.5M and the game is now released.
- ag1: $ATVI Blue Sky today but very choppy, Added today
- bwcarnation1: $XLC etf solidly above the 50d has some big tech names in it ie. $GOOGL, $FB, $NFLX, $ATVI, etc long
- tjv821: $atvi anyone liking it here??
- steve71: $ATVI Taking partial profits @ 78.90. PPS jumped on reviews saying Activision murder, mayhem and slaughter game as good as Fortnite killing, disembowelment, and decapitation game. Or something. These gamer stocks have a bright future.
- issues: @steve71 $ATVI Thanks for this very funny post. Thanks for the snicker. "Decapitation murder mayhem...bright future." Great humor. Ho ho ho!
- DrScience: $ATVI gamer getting some love today. CMF is off-the-chain as this week-long consolidation just above the 200 DMA unfolds. Even $EA is starting to look better after its new game release snafu. Long both.
- steve71: $ATVI $TTWO $EA Nice to see follow through on the gamers. They may be less at risk to further China tariffs. Tech and China tech are all bouncing. Will that last to the bell with another $200B in tariffs possible at any time?
- steve71: $ATVI $EA $TTWO The gamers are all outperforming today. Maybe some FANG money rolling in to new positions.
- DrScience: $GME falling 10% as buyout deal appears to be out of play. Game-makers $ATVI and $EA pulling back in sympathy.
- cule8: $ATVI above R1 and running
- DrScience: @cule8 $ATVI The MACD cross and move above the 200 DMA appears to be working well. CMF confirming buyers are adding to positions. Some resistance here mixed with short-covering, but moving nicely to the real test of resistance at $75 -- the 50 DMA. I added to NOV 75 Calls.
- jbuc5222: $ATVI starting to bounce after being down for 5 weeks
- bwcarnation1: $ATVI moving off the 200d on above ave vol. long
- cule8: $atvi starter position
- DrScience: $ATVI sitting on the 200 DMA. Has been a relatively opportune time to buy the past two times, and good for a 25% return 90-100 days later. I'm long the NOV 75 Calls @ 1.92
- DrScience: $ATVI coming off the 200 DMA. Somebody likes the company's prospects for Christmas releases and sales, buying 10K FEB 65 Calls @ 10.92ish
- tigerjohn8: @DrScience $ATVI I've tried to make money with $ATVI before but my timing always bad. But it's just off 200 DMA so here I go again (starter position in shares)
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA $TTWO $AMD $NVDA $INTC - given the gains in the gamers I'm surprised that $AMD and $NVDA are not showing a tag along. The home game platform of the future may be a stripped down system compared to today that is mostly a high definition 3-D display/visor and a fast internet connection. The game processing will be in the cloud. $AMD could have the home system while an $INTC/$NVDA combo has the cloud. For a good fiction (but not completely) read, find a copy of "Ready Player One". IMHO the book is better than the movie.
- Ajax4Hire: @PJMR11 $T Same here. $T - AT&T is above 5% dividend(/year) and at a multi-year low. $T-AT&T acquisition of $TWC - Time-Warner is the realization that Internet Service Provider and Content Creator combination is a "greater than the sum" solution. $VZ-Verizon, $TMUS-T-Mobile, $S-Sprint, $CMCSA-Comcast, $CHTR-Charter will hungrily troll the land looking for Content Creators to buy. Just as $APPL-Apple, $AMZN-Amazon and $NFLX-Netflix are doing now. This is on the heals of $CHTR-Charter acquiring $TWC-Time-Warner Cable(the ISP/Cable part). Something to keep in mind; Video games is big business new(bigger than movies). Expect deep-pocket ISP/communication companies to lust after Content Creators like $EA, $TTWO, Valve/Steam, $ATVI-Activision $TCEHY-Tencent holdings, $NTES-NetEase, $UBSFY-Ubisoft, $SQNXF-SquareEnix. As a reminder; GTA-V(Grand Theft Auto #5) grossed $800M in the 1st 24hrs of release.
- steve71: @Kjksm1 $ttwo $TTWO $EA $ATVI The gamers continue to work. Business is great. The drop in baseball attendance, soccer watching etc. is thought partly due to people gaming instead. $TTWO is triple toppy, and I was just thinking about writing some 17Aug 130 calls over my position. Wouldn't add shares unless it breaks above those tops.
- justinp: @steve71 $ttwo $TTWO $EA $ATVI Yup eSports is growing as well. Huge in Korea (the south one).
- debeers: $BA-Day 1 of Farnborough- So far here's what's come in : GOL order for 30 737 Max's, Goshawk 20 737's, NEW service orders so far 2.1B $AMZN-so far up another 15 bucks or so $NKE-beloved still Retail on case by case. No politics relevant to Prime Day, sneaks, select bio stocks, or anything else.. Have you noticed that not 1 gamer cares about politics? $ATVI-down today and comfortably above the 8 day. $MTN- resort goers in the summer and skiiers in the winter couldn't give a damn about trading partners. Neither do the cowboys ($BOOT).
$ATVI-leader in gamer facilities and has large co, like Disney and ESPN tie ups.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ATVI Activision Blizzard Inc. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ATVI&clip=103814
debeers: $ATVI- in case you missed it:LONG
Overwatch League Coming to ESPN/Disney XD after Agreement with Activision
10:06 AM ET, 07/12/2018 - Briefing.com
Activision Blizzard (ATVI 78.83, +0.22) has announced the signing of an exclusive multi-year deal with ...
- bRobert: $TTWO $EA $ATVI $SNE Not playing games. going higher
- Reif99: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE I have diagonals on $CRM and $AMZN, and they've gone so far so fast the deltas are actually negative. Gonna see if we get a pull back tomorrow, or else I have to buy back options (or at least roll them) at ATH's.
- samir77: Speaking of $ATVI got in early around 79.5 today. But stop hit @ 78.68 then it ran up all the way to 81. Lately Im making etrade a lot of money on comissions
- bRobert: @samir77 $ATVI Smaller position size and looser stop on initial position with breakout. OR don't buy breakout. Buy pullback/bounce Reaffirms breakout/underlying buying interest
- debeers: @Reif99 $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE ---We have a nice precipitating event for $AMZN--Prime Day. I didn't say to buy it here. I say I own it (from 753) and always own into Amazon Prime day.
- samir77: @bRobert $ATVI Thank you bRobert
- Tangojoy: @debeers $AMZN $ATVI $BA $CRM $HAE $MA $MTN $NKE $RACE- I have AMZN at $757! Glad to have a fellow "patient" investor. The only way I make money is buy and hold. Believe me, it works!!
debeers: $AMZN/$ATVI/$BA/$CRM/$HAE/$MA/$MTN/$NKE/$RACE-LONGS all.
$AMZN Today some nut job analyst increased their target by 20%,
I am probably also a little wacko on this one but who can argue with their success?Added more members on prime days than any oth ...
6. $ATVI – Breakout above $80 on volume. Alert at $81.50
7. $TTWO – breaking out. Feb high is almost irrelevant.
8. $AMZN – Looking for much higher prices, but sold into this today b/c of profits. If you don’t feel like a ...
- steve71: $EA $TTWO $ATVI Gamers working. Viewed as potential buyouts as big media compete to lock up content.
- bRobert: $ATVI another set up alert > 78.. $EA $TTWO $SNE Not playing games
- debeers: $ATVI-Multi year ESPN Disney deal for gamer audience LONG. $EA is good as well.
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO If you compare TTWO to $EA and $ATVI what do you come up with? All three have similar chart patterns. Hard to pick. OK I see TTWO is up a little more than the other two so I bought a starter position. Thank you Rob!
- bRobert: @issues $TTWO $EA $ATVI I like them all. I've been in TTWO a while . Closer to support. I think they all will work
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO compare to $EA and $ATVI. The best may be EA but its up only 4% while the others are up just 2% on 10 day chart.
- grcjr: $EA $TTWO $ATVI - $ATVI has made another nice move up just shy of previous resistance. A break above $79.64 is a new all time high. Currently $79.04. $EA at another all time high. $TTWO moving up also, not far from a new all time high.
- grcjr: @Wolf $AMD $EA $TTWO $ATVI - I recall hearing something out of the E3 conference in LA. I took a quick look at the reports but just too much for a quick hit. It was something about a specific game and a specific hardware vendor. Might have been a game or games not being available on a platform (perhaps using $AMD). Morgan Stanley upgraded $ATVI and $TTWO, not $EA. $EA has drifted down toward yesterday's close beginning about 1PM EDT.
- bwcarnation1: $ATVI 5% vs above ave vol moving up 2+%
- grcjr: Thinking I'm glad I'm out of $ATVI (down today and after the close. $TTWO may have missed on earnings (early report from CNBC) and has halted trading. Was up a bit at the close.
- grcjr: @grcjr $ATVI $TTWO - $TTWO is trading again ... down roughly 6%. $ATVI down a smidge.
- geotheo: #Morgan Stanley 30 Top Stock picks (FWIW) Accenture $ACN Activision Blizzard $ATVI Alphabet $GOOGL Amazon $AMZN BlackRock $BLK BNY Mellon Schwab $SCHW Constellation Brands $STZ Dollar General $DG Dominos $DPZ Estee Lauder $EL First Republic Bank $frc Gartner $IT Intuitive Surgical $ISRG IQVIA Holdings $IQV JP Morgan $JPM Marsh & McLennan $MMC Microsoft $MSFT NExtEra Energy $NEE Northrop $NOC Phillip Morris $PM Prologis $PLD Raytheon $RTN Salesforce.com $CRM SBA Comm $SBAC Sherwin Williams $SHW Thermo Fisher Scientific $TMO Visa $V Disney $DIS
- traderbren: $ATVI - looks constructive here given the move in $EA this morning following ER.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - (I was just about to post again when I saw yours) Both are moving up. My position is with $ATVI. Have a trailing stop.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - $TTWO also moving up nicely.
- baronp0329: @grcjr @traderben $ATVI $EA $TTWO I have ATVI stocks and June 70 calls bought 2 days ago. Also, keep an eye on financials. I added to my financials (stocks and options) at the open today $BAC $JPM $GS. They all look good today.
- issues: I am glad I sold $LGIH yesterday. Bear engulfing is a sure sign of bad things to come. $WB I got wacked (sold 1/4 position). Bought $BR -Cramer did a good segment on it last night. I also added to/bought small starters in $LGCY $WRD $cRZO $RDSA $ATVI.
- tssanti: @CHOFF #Minervini #TOS Had positive results in Feb and March with $CATM, $CREE, $MU, $PYPL, and $FTV. Negative Results in $SPPI, $CNHI, $ABBV, $ATVI. Less active in April (due to travel etc) and requiring a greater profit potential of x times than y stop. I was looking mostly at Relative strength rank greater than 80-90. I am revisiting also using relative strength rank > 70 after listening to Mark Minervini's and David Ryan's webinar last week. After they shared some tickers and opined that some tickers (like GTHX - ENSG- PJT) are not popular or well known I'm experimenting with using Minervini's basic scan but limiting to Russell 2000 tickers and looking for better entries.
- CHOFF: @tssanti $CATM $CREE $MU $PYPL $FTV $SPPI $CNHI $ABBV $ATVI #Minervini #TOS Thanks. The 80-90 RS seems too oversold in most of the tickers I see it produce. I run a similar scan at 60 and 70 and add a filter for unusual volume to try and capture the VCP he references often. Good luck.
- Aragorn: @grcjr $ATVI earnings were released by accident and it ran and so did EA and TTWO
- grcjr: $ATVI to report after the close. Zig zag price action recently today. After a flat line for most of the day, it moved starting about 1PM EDT. First up, then neutral, now down. Looks like the earnings were announced.
- traderbren: @Aragorn $ATVI - yep, I was wondering why $EA and $TTWO did a zig then a zag.
|Stock Price||$USD 46.73|
Activision Blizzard Inc is an online, personal computer, video game console, tablet, handheld, and mobile game publisher. It has three operating segments: - Activision Publishing, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Activision Blizzard Distribution.Request Video of ATVI
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 1st, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 105.52 17.09%
- $USD 37.83 14.42%
- $USD 49.33 11.75%
- $USD 10.37 -70.66%
- $USD 47.28 -68.87%
- $USD 9.64 -65.13%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!