Canopy Growth Corporation (NYSE:CGC)
Old Forum Content for CGCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $CGC . Set alert for >$45 . flag . $50's . measured move target
- bRobert: $CRON Weekly my view I like the view. $20+ . Look for move >16.10 . next. nh blue sky . $20 . Long via leap calls . and . bull put spreads $CGC . Love this tight flag. WEEKLY MACD cross. Will add >45 . aggressively .trade flag. Playing from strength Long term hold
- scottrades: @mrmike $ACB #PotStocks I missed the entry earlier. If I can't get a good entry, I don't chase. I did grab some $CGC though.
- bRobert: $CGC . Still long from below. Watching for move >45. Flag target $53+. Easy to hold . Harder to buy unless SMALL. Will add on further pattern confirmation
- bRobert: $MRMD . Nice weekly chart. ADX cross . MACD next. $CGC WEEKLY MACD cross . ADX >20 . $GWPH Tired after 50% V . move Needs a rest ,Few days at the spa, steam, massage , aroma therapy . Look for higher low bounce.
- bRobert: $CGC Flag breakout watch. $54+ measured move target Long
- traderbren: $CGC - despite being extended, there appears to be a solid bid under $CGC even in this tape.
- bRobert: $CGC. Will add again above$45. $54+ flag Target
- bRobert: @traderbren $CGC Until broken flag I'm long. Will get longer with follow through. So below flag
- mopick: $STZ, met with some of the Constellation winemakers, our biggest customer, last week. Interestingly, their wine sales continue to decline, however, the bigger news is they/re going to write off part of their absurdly high investment of over $4 Billion in Canopy Growth, $CGC. Expectations simply way too high, or perhaps they were way too high when they made this transaction.
- bRobert: @mopick $STZ $CGC You should have high expectations buying cannabis. ;)
- bRobert: $CGC . Long term hold. Trading around a core. Watching tfor his flag. to trigger and begin measured move run to the $50s. $TLRY . Small position. Had a small tight base breakout/retest . WATCHING for continuation of the breakout. You don't have to be early. A bullish move will be powerful and likely take out the recent highs.
- Robert1965: @bRobert @scottrades Where would you add to either $TRLY or $CGC I looking to reenter these or $CRON, $TLRY is off 27% resent high the others are less
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $TRLY $CGC $CRON $TLRY $CGC . I would have a small place holder position in the big 3 . (TLRY CRON CGC) . $CGC Scale in if the flag fires. Stop just below the flag. Straight forward. $TLRY SMALL position now with stop just below the 20d. Scale in with move >50d . and with take out of recent high. Looking for $120+ $CRON . Resistance is obvious on the chart. Wait for confirmed breakout >14.25. to add to position. Stop below the breakout area $13.90
- bRobert: $CGC . Looking to add again if holds > $45. Scaling in
- bRobert: @woodman $CGC I know. Slow boil
- woodman: @bRobert $CGC - $TLRY may be on the move.
- scottrades: @Robert1965 $TRLY $CGC $CRON $TLRY I like to either use a base of support to define my risk or a pullback to support.
- Robert1965: @bRobert $TRLY $CGC $CRON $TLRY thanks
- bRobert: $CGC . Waiting for move > $45.25 to add
- petros06: @bRobert $CRON CIBC initiates coverage. $CRON Outperform, $22 price target. $CGC Outperform $65 price target
- scottrades: $CGC seems to be losing momentum here.
- scottrades: @bRobert $CGC For what it's worth, CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) Initiated coverage on them and $APHA and $CRON. Keep in mind this is Canadian Dollars, but never a bad sign to see banks step up. Personally, I would like to see the sector rest a bit before the next leg up.
- traderbren: @scottrades $CGC $APHA $CRON - agreed, I think the group needs a rest regardless of the Loonie getting behind the group. ;-)
- scottrades: @traderbren $CGC $APHA $CRON Funny how "Price Targets" always come out near the end of the moves..lol
- kus123: @scottrades $CGC $APHA $CRON Scott, what is "Initiated Coverage" means?
- bRobert: @scottrades $CGC Needs some espresso . Stop still below flag
- Robert1965: @scottrades $CGC $APHA $CRON Question I have why is $CRON up % wise from its peers $CGC, $TLRY $CRON near HOD, 8.8% and near YDH of 15.30
- traderbren: @scottrades $CGC $APHA $CRON - yep. dollars to doughnuts, you can pretty much bank on it. Very comical.
- scottrades: @kus123 Coverage initiated occurs when a brokerage or analyst issues his or her first rating on a particular stock. $CGC $APHA $CRON
- Suz: @kus123 $CGC $APHA $CRON Initiated Coverage means the brokerage is now following the stock and will be making comments and price targets and more than likely took a position.
- scottrades: @Robert1965 $CRON Had a nice pop when $MO took a stake in the company. It's held up better than a lot of the stocks even when the sector was falling. Also important to note that traders love stocks close to their All Time High because there's less upside resistance. $TLRY $CGC $APHA
- bRobert: @woodman $TLRY Stopped out. on small . Did well on the initial pop >100. Still watching. Time will fix this one. Pendulum swings both ways. $CRON is a home run for me. $CGC not too shabby.
- bRobert: $CRON breakout/retest bounce.. Is this time the charm? Long 2020 Leap call spreads and Bull put spreads ....for a long time $CGC flag $52 measured move with trigger
- scottrades: For those who missed the Webinar.. @Dan mentioned $CRON and $CGC as some potential #PotStocks to look into because of the volatility. Resistance for $CRON is currently at $14 From my view these should be short term holds only. Respect your stop.
- bRobert: @scottrades $CRON $CGC #PotStocks $CGC Flag trigger could take it to top of range $57 Good risk/reward. $CRON You batter something enough times, it will crack. Then it will move . High risk entry now.
- steve71: @scottrades $CRON $CGC #PotStocks Excellent videos yesterday.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $CRON $CGC #PotStocks Scott, closed my $ACB and $CGC positions yesterday at the close to lock in profits. I saw that ACB went down to last night due to private offerings. Is it a good time to re-buy ACB? Thanks.
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $ACB I'm waiting for a short term base to develop where I can define my risk. As @bRobert mentioned, a lot of High Risk entries right now.
- champ: @scottrades $CRON $CGC $ACB --- Yes I agree...extremely high risk. However I'm positive on $GWPH and I have been posting...what do you thinking about $GWPH...? I'm holding a position...and I'm waiting for M&A....could breakout.
- bRobert: $CGC Will add if >$45 with stop below flag . Scaling in with target $52+
- bRobert: $CGC Very perky. Flag trigger in motion
- bRobert: $CGC up over 5% . Long. Will get longer with flag melt up
- traderbren: $CGC - rolling over from initial pop. Long Feb Puts.
- RT: @traderbren $CGC @scottrades Happily surprised to see $CGC holding so well! It seems that CEO Bruce Linton is doing a fantastic job promoting their company to the Institutional buyers....
- baronp0329: @sierramp #Cannabis #PotStocks #Page Sierramp, select the "Home" icon and both of the videos by Scottrade are there. @scottrade, great videos. Very informative. Welcome and great to have you as an SMM Contributor. I look forward to seeing more recommendations from you. No cannabis positions for now, sold all my $ACB and $CGC swing trades at the close today for a good profits.
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $ACB $CGC Thanks! GREAT Timing on that swing. The Volume on today's ACB Move was super low, I had a feeling it was mostly retail driven. Went down 8% After Hours...yikes.
- bsafriet: #marijuana NY Governor Cumo expected to outline line plan to legalize recreational pot use - MarketWatch $ACB $APHA $CGC $CRON $GTBIF $IIPR $ITHUF $NBEV $TLRY ETF: $MJ Warning: These names are not for the faint-of-heart! Holding a core position in most of this group and swing trade the news.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $ACB $APHA $CGC $CRON $GTBIF $IIPR $ITHUF $NBEV $TLRY $MJ #marijuana $IIPR is a bit different from the rest. Real and Very transparent earnings/revenue growth. Dividend. Polite WEEKLY chart that rewards holders. The 3 major players $TLRY $CRON $CGC have all had monster moves over the past year. Their WEEKLY charts are consolidating those moves and should reward patient long term holders scaling in with good entries. . Huge upside for all of them.
- Robert1965: @bRobert $ACB $APHA $CGC $CRON $GTBIF $IIPR $ITHUF $NBEV $TLRY $MJ #marijuana In $CGC looking at $TLRY for entry around $95. your thoughts
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $ACB $APHA $CGC $CRON $GTBIF $IIPR $ITHUF $NBEV $TLRY $MJ #marijuana I don't have a specific entry price to recommend. Bearish Intra day chart / price action could make any entry price risky. I could see a pullback to $85 and not be concerned. Move >$106 is what I'm watching for or a significant pullback/bounce off support /retest breakout area. I've been trading around a core and have an entry price in the 70's. My position size is appropriately modest
- bRobert: $TLRY Looking interesting on breakout retest. Following to add with perky bounce on intra day. $CRON retest breakout healthy $CGC buyers underneath.
- champ: $CGC ..still working and is zig-zagging around HOD....because of news, really need to be in stocks that have a reason to move up, will this zig-zag even higher...flip a coin...know real why to know.
- Robert1965: @champ $CGC did you buy when dropped below 42
- champ: @Robert1965 $CGC -- Posted yesterday and I did swing.
- Robert1965: $CGC is anyone selling above 44.75, added below 42
- champ: @Robert1965 $CGC --- All positions that I post on ...means I'm holding ...but I have #safety trailing stops ...but I would never swing size in this type of stock.
- veghead: @Robert1965 $CGC I sold at 44.45 Had a nice profit. I may regret?
- traderbren: $CGC - STC Feb 35 calls. Its had a nice run.
- Henry: @JBed $TLRY $CGC AG nominee Barr opposes MJ. but won't target companies in compliance with their state laws
- woodman: Sold $CGC and bought $TLRY this morning. I like the weekly set up in TLRY.
- champ: @woodman $CGC $TLRY --- A great trading stock but really hard for investors to swing a position....but easy for gamblers...for the swingers this is a #Hope-Trade.
- woodman: @champ $CGC $TLRY #Hope-Trade - $CGC worked very well for me. I took the money and ran, as my name sake, Woody Allen, would say.
- bRobert: @woodman $CGC $TLRY Like the WEEKLY green candle. Looking for this to trade >20WEEK resistance for more sustained move. Long from below
- bRobert: @champ $CGC $TLRY #Hope-Trade Easier if you have a good entry. Technically respectful
- woodman: @bRobert $CGC $TLRY - I agree. Position size and maintenance will be important for those who get scared easily or want to give it some room. The stock is prone to big daily % moves.
- champ: @woodman $CGC $TLRY #Hope-Trade -- So did I ...in and out. Traders even have a hard time...but you have to love $TLRY but you #must have timing.
- champ: @bRobert $CGC $TLRY #Hope-Trade---- I agree, thats called #Timing.
- bRobert: $CGC Looking/hoping for more of a pullback. Don't expect to get it unless market tanks. Flag on low volume
- bRobert: @scottrades $CGC Long from below. Looking to add on pb/bounce or move >20week. Not much of a pullback after a 50% move on high volumes.
- woodman: $CGC - news moving the stock. https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Canopy Growth (CGC) Granted New York State Hemp Licence/15004143.html
- traderbren: $CGC - getting a bid.
- traderbren: @woodman $CGC - ha, that will do it.
- bRobert: @traderbren $CGC Higher high added
- champ: $CGC...News---that was #entry-timing...for me. Now we will see what happens....#not everyone catches the News, as fast as forum members., #need to hold this position because it will zig-zag...it take awhile for the #CopyCat-chasers to enter the position.
- DAN: $CGC -- that's your swing trade.
- traderbren: @champ $CGC #entry-timing #not #need #CopyCat-chasers - a nice melt-up in the works. Long
- DAN: @DAN $CGC 47% of float is short. That's a big number. Short squeeze in the making.
- champ: @DAN $CGC --- However, maybe not your full position.
- DAN: @champ $CGC Not every a full position at the entry. At least not for me. Just a starter, with a stop that defines my risk. Will go from there. Multi-day hold for me. Gotta give it a chance to play out, and that should take a few days. Hard to make money in this market now, so timing is almost everything...Position size IS everything. ;-) Dan
- champ: @DAN $CGC --- If I'm early on the News, I enter with size ...I already took profits on 1/2...and another 1/4th. Now I'm watching and I will decide my swing size.
- Robert1965: @DAN $CGC NY STATE gave license to grow and process Hemp
- DrScience: @spmeyers $TLRY We were talking about this on Friday in OMM: Take a look at the disparity in price at all option strikes, but especially ATM. Put sellers are (pounding the table) demanding a heck of a premium as compensation for their risk. Stock is HTB (Hard to borrow). $NBEV, $PYX and $CGC options aren't so skewed, though each is HTB.
- champ: $CGC....HOD....shorts are starting to move off...covering going into the close.
- champ: @bRobert $TLRY --- I don't know if there are any technicals in the stock, mostly only day-traders, is the trend. I wanted to point out.... that the borrow cost is almost back to 800%... this morning on IB. One thing that I have read ...that traders continue to monitor...the stock price and the borrowing cost. This stock and all stocks in the sector are high risk swings, unless they have news...a reason to swing would be ...like the news that $CGC had today....and that same news could have also moved $STZ, up a little today....but there is know real way to know that either....all is just more or less #guessing.
4. $CGC – getting license to process pot in New York. Could go a while. Half of the float is short.
5. $NBEV – same dynamic as CGC.
6. $SMTX – new high today. Massive volume. Looks like a blowoff. Do NOT buy. Keep tight stop - ...
- champ: @Gary $FB $SPX $XLF $DJUSBK $C $JPM $YY $CGC $NBEV $SMTX $INSG $EHTH $WWE $NOW $QNST $JD $LEN $M #NOTES --- Very nice...."You can't create opportunity, You can only discover it" ....and that is absolutely true. You have to find the news or the reason why, you would want to take a new position...in any stock. For a Day-trade or a swing trade.
- bRobert: @champ $TLRY $CGC $STZ #guessing Sure there are. There was a nice c&h setup/breakout with a $100 target last week. That was my set up . We are now coming out of a area of congestion >50d.after a long period of consolidation of a monster move. Higher highs/lows We may retest the breakout area which may provide a nice entry if it bounces. Dip buyers have been aggressive with the positive News flow .the move has come on higher than average volume. The state of the general market will obviously play a big roll in emboldening speculative players and keeping the shorts at bay.
- champ: @bRobert $TLRY $CGC $STZ #guessing --- Traders started working the stock on 1/8, on the turn....now many could be saying and thinking resistance is at the $100 level, after a 30% bounce, from around that $70.00 level on the 7th. Nice #Day-Trade today off of that $98 level, off of that $CGC news. This is not a stock, that I would swing at this level. Just saying...I don't like swinging high risk stocks...there is no real reason for me, to wast my time on stocks like this, with-out news. You know the news about the lock-up, I'm guessing. #Good-Luck!
4. $CGC – Six advancing days. Due for rest. Look at volume.
5. $TLRY – coming back above 50-day MA
6. $DRYS – Phase 2 complete? Very steep drop
7. $SMTX – Alert $5.25
8. $INSP – Recent IPO. Not a trade.
9. $CTL &nda ...
- debeers: @woodman $CGC -Too funny and too true.
- bigbartabs: @Henry @bRobert $CGC ... gas passer, not with company at home?? Bad move. Always better to have more "who me?" folks to blame.
- bRobert: $TLRY . Continues to set up. Squeezing just below UP CURLING 50d. Small base with flag. WEEKLY bullish engulfing. Small position . Watching for confirmation. Squeeze breakout >50d could be explosive. $CGC . Looking for pullback/bounce to add. Bottom in. $CRON . Long term hold . Top of range. $PYX . Basing. Watching
- woodman: $CGC working well today.
- michaelH: $CGC not inclined to go long on anything here, but chart on CGC is intriguing? Thoughts anyone? Trying to resist those shinny objects.
- sierramp: $CGC having another good news flow day. Spectrum Cannabis Peru is joining Canopy's LATAM Corp subsidiary. PR Newswire: Peru is poised to introduce new regulations for use of medical cannabis. Good trading volume.
- bRobert: @michaelH $CGC Bottom in. Wait for pullback/bounce for entry. Day 2 of move
- champ: $GWPH ....really nice....something could be going on....looking around. I have a nice size positions....continued strength....also with the $MJ and $CGC.
- champ: $GWPH ....these type of low volume stocks can move, on the right news..$JPM Health Conference is still going on...watching these sectors...$MJ and $LABU. $CGC has been moving up the last 2 days.
|Stock Price||$USD 48.09|
Canopy Growth Corp through its subsidiaries is the licensed producer of medical marijuana in Canada. The company grows, produces and sells medical marijuana. It sells medical marijuana under various brand names including Tweed, Bedrocan, and Mettrum.Request Video of CGC
Already a member? Sign in here.
- June 19th, 2019 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- June 28th, 2019 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 10.01 57.37%
- $USD 32.63 29.93%
- $USD 26.44 25.01%
- $USD 38.06 -35.57%
- $USD 7.56 -26.05%
- $USD 5.01 -23.54%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!