Clovis Oncology Inc. (NASDAQ:CLVS)
Old Forum Content for CLVSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Henry: $CLVS this one time SMM favorite is now a $6 stock. Monthly chart.
- bRobert: @Henry $CLVS Do you think this is a 4 leaf CLVS?
- JoeTrader: @bsafriet $SRPT $PFE I wonder if this is why $CLVS is up so much today! ...yuuuge volume too!
- gwenzee: @JoeTrader $SRPT $PFE $CLVS Clovis is in cancer research, SRPT in DMD. Don't see the connection.
- DrScience: $IBB nice volume pushing the Biotechs through the 200 DMA in second day of phase 3 of VS breakout. The 50 DMA starting to turn up, CMF turning positive, and a PPS buy signal on the daily chart. Here are some biotech stocks to research over the weekend, paying special attention to where the stock is and why -- $ARWR $ODT $RARX $RGEN $ZLAB $SRPT $CERS $CLVS $CLDX $CHRS $BLUE $MYRA$ $ALNY $CYTK $ACAD $RGEN $NVTA
- indigo1948: @DrScience $IBB $ARWR $ODT $RARX $RGEN $ZLAB $SRPT $CERS $CLVS $CLDX $CHRS $BLUE $MYRA $ALNY $CYTK $ACAD $NVTA - thanks for the information - I own $ARWR, $CLVS, and $NVTA. Will research the others.
$ABT $ABUS $ACIA $ADRO $AEM $AFL $AGCO $AGX $AIG $ALGN $ALKS $ALL $AMP $AMT $ANAB $ANF $ANTM $AOBC $APA $APT $APYX $ASH $ASIX $AYI $BAX $BCRX $BEAT $BIDU $BIIB $BKD $BKNG $BLMN $BLOK $BMY $BOOM $CACC $CALA $CARS $CCI $CDE $CELG $CENT $CGEN $CHK $CLV ...
- Aragorn: @Ajax4Hire $ABT $ABUS $ACIA $ADRO $AEM $AFL $AGCO $AGX $AIG $ALGN $ALKS $ALL $AMP $AMT $ANAB $ANF $ANTM $AOBC $APA $APT $APYX $ASH $ASIX $AYI $BAX $BCRX $BEAT $BIDU $BIIB $BKD $BKNG $BLMN $BLOK $BMY $BOOM $CACC $CALA $CARS $CCI $CDE $CELG $CENT $CGEN ...
- shoredriver: $CLVS...pulls drug Rucaparib as contender for treatment of bladder cancer....down 12% pre...thankfully only tiny position....As @woodman says....bioturd dujour...
- shoredriver: $CLVS $PBYI...@woodman.....Woody, what is your take on these two moving today?
- bRobert: $CLVS looking for zig off 20d Stop below
- woodman: $CLVS - bought back this morning the 40% that I trimmed on 2/28.
- woodman: $CLVS - Support since end of Oct. continues to work. I needs to get through the 200 day. Even after failing to get through a couple weeks ago, it held this support on the pullback. This current flirtation with the 200 day is the first in a long time. I'd love to see it get up through. Long CLVS. https://www.screencast.com/t/n2gQcgWDP
- spmeyers: @woodman $CLVS holding my starter, waiting also
- bRobert: @woodman $CLVS Phase 3 type move. Channel breakout retest/bounce
- Nepenthe: $CLVS Bounce off the 20ma; phase two? Hmmm....
- bRobert: @Nepenthe $CLVS Attempt. / 20d bounce Can set stop just < 20d
- woodman: @Nepenthe $CLVS - I think you mean phase 3. It broke out of flat-top wedge on 2/27 (phase 1), hit head on 200d and pulled back to breakout spot (phase 2) and now bouncing again (phase 3, we hope). I remain long this one. I haven't sold any.
- Nepenthe: @woodman $CLVS You're absolutely correct! Trying to concentrate on too much--the seemingly endless snow in the Sierra and the volatility today in the market, hath made my eyes indeed bleary and weary, affecting, obviously, my cognitive powers, or lack thereof. On fragile, bowed legs I stand corrected. Thanks for that. Cheers.
- coldevinc: @woodman $CLVS this is a good long one. I just got back in today.
- Go49ers: $ClVS - poss end of phase 2 - fingers crossed
- woodman: $CLVS $PBYI $INCY - feels like they are in a race.
- gwenzee: @woodman $CLVS $PBYI $INCY My horse is INCY. Who are you riding?
- woodman: @gwenzee $CLVS $PBYI $INCY - Not $PBYI anymore, LOL! Mine has been CLVS. I lightened up yesterday but will buy it back. Trading around a core. I may join you in INCY.
- bRobert: $CLVS Good trade set up and execution Professor Woodman. $34+ target 1
- woodman: @bRobert $CLVS - thank you, sir. May be getting long in the tooth here. Hitting the 200 day, well above the top BB at 3 st. devs., following a close above the same measure yesterday. I got lucky holding it all through earnings.
- captron: @woodman $CLVS We need a phase II before we can make dinero off the phase III!
- woodman: @captron $CLVS - I sold 40%.
- woodman: $CLVS - yesterday it tantalized us with a move out of a squeeze. This morning it looks more decisive.
- efrain007: @woodman $CLVS looking good, I'd like to get in on a pullback.
- infocus: $CLVS Small email@example.com
- infocus: $CLVS 59 minute trade - bought @27.59 sold @28.78
- traderbren: @infocus $CLVS - ramping really nicely today, and volume is great! 200d overhead at 31.60
- woodman: @traderbren $CLVS - very happy with this one. Glad I didn't sell any before earnings - and that's not always the case.
- Geewhiz: @DAN $CLVS $MEDP BUY stop on $CLVS at 26.85 Stop set at 25.30 around the 8day SMA Buy stop on $MEDP at 55.31 Stopped out of $MEDP at 54.63
- Nepenthe: $WLL Held tiniest of positions over earnings. Sold within first few minutes after its initial pop didn't last. Now back in with tiniest of positions and will add if it breaks back above 50ma. Using, of course, 59min. technicals for the day. As with $CLVS--thanks Dan. Cheers.
- bRobert: $CLVS Shorts 35% 6+ days. volatility squeeze break out plus 50d launch zone plus short squeeze = $$$$$$$$$$$$$ The new math
- bRobert: @woodman $CLVS Good show!
- woodman: @bRobert $CLVS - kicking the shorts in their privates.
- debeers: @woodman $CLVS --are you an authority on this punishment or are you just an observer? Hope the latter. LOL & Good luck
- tri2insite: @woodman $CLVS nice posting on this one! I meant to check this am but got busy at work. Opportunity was available. Maybe still good.
- bRobert: $AGIO $ALXN $CLVS Added a little to the trio earlier
- coldevinc: @woodman $CLVS When it starts to squeeze into earnings do you tighten your stops and hold over earnings?
- woodman: @coldevinc $CLVS - CORRECTION - It reported this morning. My notes were wrong. I intended to hold over earnings anyway, but not good to be wrong about dates! I need to sit in the corner for a while.
- woodman: @coldevinc $CLVS - I don't generally hold over earnings, but I have a longer horizon with CLVS. Your stop can be blown out if you have one and hold over earnings because you have no idea how much it will move or in which direction until you get the news. News always trumps the charts. And if it takes out your stop at open, and then bounces, you may well have put in the bottom with your sell at open.
- coldevinc: @woodman $CLVS Thank you
- woodman: $CLVS moving out of squeeze.
- bRobert: @woodman $CLVS nice 35% short. Ouch.
$CLVS – squeeze. Earnings were released. Alert $26.85
$NXST – chasing this now...but that was a quick Phase 2. Momentum stock now, with stop below $91. If it falls below today’s low, don’t hold.
$PLAN – watch this. ...
- woodman: $CLVS - moving up again.
- Sher: $SFIX, $CRON, $DBX, $IQ, $SGMS, $ADNT, $OSTK, $CLVS, $KEM - 9:05 AM... "Upside movement in several underlying call options indicates further near-term gains ahead" (SSE news post)
- woodman: $CLVS - hammer off 21dEMA at prior resistance; bullish engulfing. BBs still wide, though.
- woodman: $CLVS - finding support on this pullback to old resistance.
- woodman: @bRobert $INCY - No position in this rioting one, but I do have some lucky 4-leaf $CLVS.
- woodman: $CLVS flag above resistance.
- shoredriver: @woodman $CLVS ....I think it is the last of the smaller PARPs still standing.....who knows , maybe it will finally be snorted up by one of the big guys.....
- woodman: $CLVS moving up.
- woodman: $CLVS - posted on this last night, with some charts.
- indigo1948: @woodman $CLVS - about to break above the cloud and upper BB.
- woodman: @indigo1948 $CLVS I bought twice today. It's moving on the $LLY buyout of $LOXO. Let's review: $BMY -> $CELG $74B $LLY -> $LOXO $8B $GSK -> $TSRO $5B
- woodman: $CLVS $LLY $LOXO $BMY $CELG $GSK $TSRO - acquisitions are moving the space. Interesting graphic. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwWVf7JXgAAmkLS.jpg:large
- indigo1948: @woodman $CLVS $LLY $LOXO $BMY $CELG $GSK $TSRO - excellent observation - I own it.
- infocus: @woodman $CLVS Not too late to start a position?
- woodman: $CLVS - up 18% today, closing in on some recent hard resistance (12/3-12/13/2018) around ~$23. On the longer term charts (weekly/monthly) this bottomed (again) at a multi-bottom area found around $11-$11.50( Dec. 2011; Nov. 2012; April-July 2015; Nov. 2018). I suggest keeping an eye on this one to see if it can get up past the $23 area.
- woodman: $CLVS - some chart views (ignore the old notes on the chart): CLVS weekly - https://www.screencast.com/t/AKRQv6QxWwWb CLVS daily - https://www.screencast.com/t/c72TL0Mg0
- shrholder: @shoredriver $CLVS - it was a nice short today but that trade has passed for now
- shoredriver: @shrholder $CLVS ...where did you short/cover?
- jr3345: @shoredriver $CLVS $TSRO being acquired. $CLVS does similar stuff.
- shoredriver: ...$CLVS... figures this turd would be up almost buck on a day like today....
- shoredriver: @jr3345 $CLVS $TSRO ...owned the stock long ago expecting that to happen.....good luck.....$PBYI too....GL....
- shrholder: @shoredriver $CLVS shorted at 21.50 - covered at 20.47 but it was temporarily painful - LOL
- vfr777: $CLVS Hi all. Wanted to ask anyone who knows the answer to this question. I've never sold a covered call. Example, I have 100 shares of this stock and don't want to sell it yet. If I think the price will be going down in the short run, I would like to Sell to Open a Call Option for Nov with Strike of $31 right now it says the bid x size = 0.00 the ask x size = .45 x 60 and last = .21 So my estimated commission is $5.45 and estimated proceeds is $15.53. Is that the the income I would get? How do I decide what strike to choose, based on volatility? Sorry, if this sounds too elementary but would appreciate any feedback and anything else I'm missing. Thanks
- Brian_M: @vfr777 $CLVS If you want to sell Nov and make it worth it I would look at a closer strike. Maybe $20 or so. Just remember that the chances of this stock running to $31 (about 85%) in only 18 days is not really good, so you will not get much premium to make it worth selling. If you own 200 or 300 shares you could also sell different strikes so you don't get called out of all your shares if the stock rebounds. Maybe sell 1 call at $19, $20, and $21 NOV calls for instance. Also when selling calls I usually look at potential points of resistance and for this company I would say it will be tough to get this back over $20-21 in the near term. Hope it helps.
Legobusier: @vfr777 $CLVS This would be a better question for the @OptionMarketMentor side of the site, but yes, you have the right idea...
I"m certainly no expert as my account can verify lately, but I have to ask though....why not just sell the stock? I ...
- vfr777: @Brian_M @Legobusier $CLVS thank you for your reply. I'm not ready to go full on optionmentor and I've always liked the idea of making some income on stocks that I hold. Your comments helped confirm what I thought to be true and yes, there is no point in holding it as it is in a slide with the next support I see at around $12.
- Lou: Glad I didn't sell the 30 calls against my $CLVS yesterday - it continues to churn higher.
- woodman: For what little it may be worth: GS #Biotech stocks where GS analysts see the highest M&A probability: $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT
- shoredriver: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech .....$CLVS.....ugly memory.......
- woodman: @shoredriver $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech - BMRN has been on that list forever. Broken clock. Eventually they will be right about it getting bought.
- gwenzee: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech I've been waiting for someone to scoop up INCY for quite awhile. At least it has come off of the recent lows. Someone is throwing me a lifeline which I really need on this one.
- Lou: Still holding $CLVS via short puts - the secondary and sale of converts are very disheartening as it is a message that the company does not view itself as a buyout candidate. Don't know when I may throw in the towel.
- shoredriver: $CLVS up double digits so far this week....
- champ: $CLVS ....moving on news
- indigo1948: $CLVS - up over 3 % pre-market - perhaps riding along with the $JUNO news this morning.
- woodman: @indigo1948 $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU - The JUNO deal, if there is to be one, is/will be good for #Biotech. It will spur a lot of M&A chatter.
- indigo1948: @woodman $CLVS $JUNO $XBI $LABU #Biotech - agreed - biotech is due for a surge.
- woodman: @gwenzee $JUNO $RXDX #Biotech $BLUE up ~7% in the afterhours. Biotech will jump tomorrow. Fwiw, GS sees these as having the highest M&A probability in biopharma (some of these are perennial buyout names): $AVXS $SAGE $SRPT $BMRN $BLUE $BMPC $CLVS $INCY $IPXL $PCRX $PTLA $ACAD $GWPH $BMY $IRWD $AGIO $ALKS $JUNO $SGEN $MNTA $BIVV.
- gwenzee: @woodman $JUNO $RXDX $BLUE $AVXS $SAGE $SRPT $BMRN $BMPC $CLVS $INCY $IPXL $PCRX $PTLA $ACAD $GWPH $BMY $IRWD $AGIO $ALKS $SGEN $MNTA $BIVV #Biotech Thanks for the info. Previously held JUNO, BLUE, SRPT. Currently hold only INCY.
- bwcarnation1: $CLVS cont. to inch higher...watching 200d to add
- bwcarnation1: $CLVS zig zag'n higher above 50d now, macd moving up. will add above 200d
- bwcarnation1: $CLVS now up 5%+
- Lou: Anyone know why $CLVS is getting hammered? I have an overlooked small position.
- audrina0904: @Lou $CLVS - I assume it’s related to $tsro Neither have reported positive results of their parp drugs financially.
- issues: @Lou $CLVS any stops?
- Lou: @issues $CLVS - why do you ask?
- JBed: $CLVS Looks positive to fill earnings gap.
- vfr777: $CLVS misses on earnings. Anyone have input about this? I'm in it and don't know if I should hold or fold at a loss?
- JBed: $CLVS Selloff being met with buying. New position near lows.
- JBed: @vfr777 $CLVS I hope you're feeling better about the earnings drop and that you did not sell your position!
|Stock Price||$USD 7.06|
Clovis Oncology, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing innovative anti-cancer agents in the United States, Europe and additional international markets.Request Video of CLVS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 25th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 38.48 112.52%
- $USD 30.49 67.46%
- $USD 6.00 58.58%
- $USD 11.10 -121.12%
- $USD 6.02 -36.82%
- $USD 6.28 -34.42%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!