Conn's Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN)
Old Forum Content for CONNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- baronp0329: Implied moves for earnings next week: $CRON 10.8% $CCL 5.3% $KBH 9.9% $FIVE 9.1% $RH 14.4% $HOME 14.0% $PVH 8.5% $NBEV 22.1% $LULU 10.9% $TITN 15.4% $LEN 8.7% $KMX 6.9% $PAYX 4.7% $SCVL 14.3% $CONN 17.9% $FDS 6.1%
- mikespear: @baronp0329 $CRON $CCL $KBH $FIVE $RH $HOME $PVH $NBEV $LULU $TITN $LEN $KMX $PAYX $SCVL $CONN $FDS HI - thank you for your summary. I assume these are the moves the option market is pricing for? Are you doing any iron condor trades on specific stocks?
- baronp0329: @mikespear $CRON $CCL $KBH $FIVE $RH $HOME $PVH $NBEV $LULU $TITN $LEN $KMX $PAYX $SCVL $CONN $FDS Hi Mike. Yes, the implied move is the % move that a stock price will go up or down based on a binary event (i.e. earnings report). Dan has a great tutorial video on how to calculate this subject. Go to the videos section and you should easily find it. No, I don't have any specific IC plans for next week's earnings. I leave the IC recommendations to @bridget or @dan.
- bRobert: $AAN Breakout continues Shorts 7d to cover. $60 target. High margins leasing furniture, appliances,electronics. Double digit revenue growth. Cheap. $CASY short squeeze. continues. Look for pb/bounces. Extended $CONN Another retailer with strong growth and a short squeeze potential.
- bRobert: $CONN Bottom of channel bounce. Low risk/high reward trade. Value play Short squeeze potential
- bRobert: $CONN low risk/high reward set up with stop. Short squeeze if provoked 17d to cover
- bRobert: $CONN Watching this next week. Long partial green position with calls after selling 1/2 into pop . Long protective puts with a stop.
- bRobert: $CONN Bottom of range bounce. Will sell protective puts and buy back short calls.. Long Leap calls
- bRobert: $CONN . Up 9% pm. top/bottom line beat. Really crushed earnings. Long calls. Short squeeze setup 25% short 17+ days to cover. broke out last week. WEEKLY target $53. Long calls. Will adjust position as this plays out.
- tjv821: @bRobert $CONN what calls are you targeting? trying to learn tyia tj
- bRobert: @tjv821 $CONN I've been in the JAN 2019 $28 calls for a while. If the short squeeze takes off in earnest, I will add aggressively with the $53 target in mind. Depending on option liquidity , Oct ATM calls or call spreads. If very illiquid, I will buy stock.
- tjv821: @bRobert $CONN ty for the reply
- bRobert: $CONN Sold some premium into the pop. Looking to buy back with terra firma established
- bRobert: $CONN Looking to add. Risk defined with stop just <50d . Long leap calls
- bRobert: $CONN . Still watching . I have a buy stop on short calls and a trailing stop on a protective put. Long leap calls. WEEKLY chart intact. Long term very bullish. Will look to establish full position when bottom defined.
- bRobert: @gmj $ROST Long term holding stock. Not the screaming buy it was at $80 , but the steady uptrend should continue as they expand their footprint and see their revenues/earnings expand. . $TGT should also do well long term. they have invested in cultivating their online business. Possible acquisition target. Target $100+ $CONN is a spec turnaround play that reports tomorrow am. If it doesn't blow up, it will likely rocket up to the $50's . It ran up into earnings and was very strong Friday during the day and AH sessions. $43. 50. Short interest is 25 % 17 days to cover
- bRobert: $CONN breakout continues . Earnings am Tues 9/4 . Holiday Monday . Binary event HUGE short interest . Long with protective put
- bRobert: $CONN nice hammer. flag. Reports Tues morning. Long calls from below. I will roll these up. I will have a few puts in my bag. This will be explosive Short squeeze high alert . This will run to the $50's or bungee jump. Binary event.
- bRobert: $CONN strong.
- bRobert: $CONN breakout. watch move >$38 Target $52 Short squeeze candidate Earnings 9/6
- bRobert: $CONN This is a good $CONN job. Breakout.. Will add on pub/bounces into earnings . Short squeeze
- bRobert: $CONN nh today. Breakout on a little above average volume. 25% short 17+ days to cover. Could be highly flammable. Conference call 8/4 10am CT. Monday is holiday. Position appropriately by close Friday 8/31
- bRobert: $CONN Nice chart .Rapid top/bottom line growth . turnaround story. High short interest 17d to cover Reports 9/6 . jWeekly target $52+ . with sustained move >$38.
- bRobert: $CONN Short squeeze in the making. High growth retail turnaround.
- bRobert: $CONN . Retailer turnaround story with escalating revenue/earnings. High short interest. Squeezing on daily. Reversal pattern on WEEKLY with $52+ . target. Earnings 9/6 . Long
- bRobert: $CONN . perky. Long
- bRobert: $CONN squeeze.. High upside. Short squeeze potential
- bRobert: $CONN alert >36
- Motorman: $CONN @bRobert Start position with a stop at 200D 31.84 5% risk, thoughts?
- bRobert: @Motorman $CONN I would rather buy >36 . Look at the weekly. If this breaks out, it will run to the $50's.. Plenty of time to get on board a train going the direction you want on a long trip.
- bRobert: $CONN W bottom. Shorts 10d to cover Long
- bRobert: $CONN Zig/zag consolidation. High targets Strong growth
- bRobert: $CONN flag. Trigger $37+ . Short squeeze.
- Motorman: $CONN @bRobert $CONN consolidating under the 50
- Motorman: $CONN Low risk entry with stop.
- bRobert: $CONN squeezing. 8d to cover. Long calls for a very long time
- porter2524: @bRobert $CONN Tell us how long is a long time!
- bRobert: @porter2524 $CONN $20 area.
- bRobert: $CONN squeezing. 8d to cover
- bRobert: $CONN 20d bounce
- bRobert: $PRLB Short pain continues. . $CONN bounce. Long both, for a while now
- woodman: $CONN pulling back to 50 day within uptrend.
- bRobert: @woodman $CONN There are several CONNMEN on this site.
- woodman: @bRobert $CONN - I believe you were the first one to focus my attention on it.
- bRobert: @woodman $CONN I hope it paid for a few holiday gifts. conn's has a strong correlation with fracking. they tumbled with the industry and have arisen from the ashes. Many of their stores may be in areas that have a high concentration of employees in the industry
- woodman: @bRobert $CONN - interesting connection, and one I'd never have made. I'm still holding $CONN.
- bRobert: @woodman $CONN We're more than just about making money. Entertaining facts, trivia.
- bRobert: $CONN Shorts squeeze
- bRobert: $CONN Phase 2 . 12d to cover
- bRobert: $CONN Short squeeeze . Phase 3 up 8%
- bRobert: $CONN . Short squeeze. Early phase 3
- bRobert: $CONN Phase 3 short squeeze
- woodman: @bRobert $CONN - thanks for reminding me.
- bRobert: @woodman $CONN My second brain alerted me
- JBed: @bRobert $CONN Was just going to thank you for bringing this one to my attention. So, thank you!
- bRobert: $CONN Watching for phase 3
- spmeyers: $CONN pulling back to fill the gap; low volume is good; looks good for a starter position with super tight stop (or below 20-day if yer willing to be patient)
- bRobert: @spmeyers $CONN This has more in the tank. High short interest 15 d to cover. Will add trading portion to core.
- bRobert: $CONN breakout day 2. Short squeeze
- bRobert: $CONN Earnings pop. Short squeeze. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $CONN . Shorts nearly 15d to cover. Ouch
- bRobert: $CONN squeeze. High Short interest
- bRobert: $CONN breaking out
- spmeyers: $CONN retailer moving up; 27% of float short
- bRobert: @spmeyers $CONN One of my favorites for a while.
- bRobert: $CONN squeeze near support
- bRobert: $CONN next leg.
- spmeyers: @bRobert $CONN almost
- bRobert: $CONN waiting to add to next zig. Long .
- bRobert: $CONN pulling in to the 20d. will add trading position on firm bounce. Long term hold. High short interest.
- issues: @bRobert $CONN What a chart. Stair steps up are so graphic. This is getting ready for the next step. Good call Robt!
- bRobert: @issues $CONN Wait firm ground. Then set stop below
- bRobert: $CONN WEEKLY FLAG. TARGET . $38
- bRobert: $CONN short squeeze continues . 12d to cover
- bRobert: $CONN flag . watch
- bRobert: $CONN flag, alert $33 Short squeeze. 12d to cover
- bRobert: $CONN Day 2 short squeeze/breakout
- bRobert: $CONN $GRUB Both short squeezes still working. Still holding
- efrain007: @bRobert $CONN $GRUB Thanks for the tip on $GRUB
- bRobert: @efrain007 $CONN $GRUB Hope you got more than you paid for.
- Bridget: $CONN breaking out again. @bRobert, wish I had bought this on your recommendation. Nice job!
- Cwaniak: @Bridget $CONN I think Robert deserves special reward from us.
- bRobert: $CONN Short squeeze. Escalating earnings , revenue
- bRobert: $CONN gap filled. Now rising up. 35% short. 11 days to cover
- bRobert: $CONN Flag . short squeeze
- bRobert: $CONN Short squeeze. will add on continued move higher. Trailing stops raised
- bRobert: $CONN $TRN $NVMI $DE CONN Breakout, short squeeze. TRN weekly breakout Target 40+ NVMI flirting with breakout. $DE flag trigger. Going higher
- Suz: @bRobert $CONN Also was upgraded this morning.
- bRobert: @Suz $CONN YUP.
- bRobert: $CONN Breakout/ short squeeze continues
- bRobert: $CONN Breakout . Major short interest 36%
- bRobert: $CONN top of range. at high. Stops raised on partial. VERY high short interest. Will add on confirmed breakout
- bRobert: $conn $w flags
- bRobert: $CONN .$W $PII Conn W . PII short squeezes. PII flag
- bRobert: $W $CONN High short interest. Conn breakout
- bRobert: $CONN Short squeeze continues
- bRobert: $CONN + earnings. Short squeeze
- DrScience: $CONN big bet: 2000 JAN 2018 20 Calls @ 2.40, on the ask ahead of earnings on 9/7 BMO.
- bRobert: $LL $GRUB . $CONN $W LL GRUB .CONN . short squeeze continues. W. watching retracement to 50d . Short vs short squeeze.
- bRobert: $CONN $SNE . $W CONN SNE Added to long position. Stop on new buy just below. W . watching. Would consider put if moves closer to 50d ($5 away)and fails or takes out todays low. Very extended from 200d . surprised it hasn't come in more. Up over 100% this year. Pullback 10%. No one left to short? Would not be shocked to see this reverse
|Stock Price||$USD 8.64|
Conn's, Inc., is a specialty retailer of durable consumer products. It also provides consumer credit to support its customers' purchases of the products that it offers.Request Video of CONN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 24th, 2020 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 155.58 62.75%
- $USD 107.10 25.22%
- $USD 27.47 19.60%
- $USD 75.54 -34.41%
- $USD 11.62 -34.15%
- $USD 30.45 -33.04%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 68,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (68,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!