California Resources Corporation (NYSE:CRC)
Old Forum Content for CRCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $OC $MAS $FND $GVA $ROAD $SUM $CMC $USCR $OSB $UR #Check #only #No-twisting #Strong-buy In $NUE shares LT and a small position in $CRC. Here in my small town $NUE is working 7 days -- 24 hours/day and trucks rolling out continuously from plant going some place. They are even planning a plant addition. $NUE is also a large supplier of metal roof decking for construction. All buildings need roof decking. Yes, also in $OSB because of the needs in all construction. You are sure involved in all the Future.
- Spotdog: @baron0329 I picked up a little of your $CRC yesterday after you posted. Up 20% this morning. Will keep on a leash. thank you
- baronp0329: @Spotdog $CRC Nice trade Spotdog! CRC published an official denial of the Restructuring news late yesterday afternoon. Couldn't trade it today. was too busy with too many day trades. Good luck with all your trades.
- baronp0329: $CRC, One of my favorite high Beta Oil trades just tanked about 45 minutes ago on big volume. the other Oils are not down that big. NP, Missed the short.
- Spotdog: @baronp0329 $CRC VWAP is at $12.04. Hopefully it will close a little higher. Thanks for pointing it out for me
- bsnceo: @Spotdog $CRC what is the story with this decline ? I don't know much about the company and didn't see any news that stood out about it on a quick search
- champ: $CRC....watch for entry.
- baronp0329: @bsnceo $CRC Cannot find any negative news on CRC. The Option spreads are very wide, hard to trade options.
- bsnceo: @champ $CRC looks like a falling knife. What's the story here?
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CRC Why (don't see any news) drop?
- baronp0329: @champ $CRC Champ, maybe entry for more downside. CRC is a heavy leveraged company and needs Oil price over $58. That's why they have many Joint Venture relations to share the cost.
- spmeyers: @champ $CRC this guy sure does make some huge % moves, both ways
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC --- The news is because of speculation that they were meeting with restructuring advisors. CopyCat-sellers.
Herb: @champ $CRC
CRC California Resources Corp shares see meaningful afternoon unwind on spike in volume, dropping as much as 34% -- Now seeing chatter that weakness is being linked to vague speculation the company was meeting with restructuring advisor ...
- champ: @Herb $CRC --- Yes, exactly, great post and #Thanks, for taking the time to Post.
- champ: $CRC, just a great move going on now in the AH's trading. Now up around $2.50, off of of LOD...and it looks like it could go even higher....but I took the profit $$$'s...#OUT.
- bigbartabs: @champ $XEC $DECK $T $DISH $LGIH $SIG $LULU $AMZN #My-Market-Plan #Bounce-Candadietes ... I decided to buy a position in $CRC at the Friday Close. Even a blind hound finds a bone once in awhile.
- baronp0329: Thanks @bRobert for $SLB post last Friday. Got back in with partial at 37.30 and Sep20 38 Calls at 0.65. Took 3/4 profits on stocks at 39.80 when it broke below VWAP. And STC all Sep20 38 Calls 1.85 (280+% profit). SLB looks to have short term resistance at 200d. Nice timing on SLB, thanks again. Only other Oil position is getting back in with $CRC. In today at 14.05 above VWAP. It's a day trade that may turn to a swing trade, pending how it closes.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $SLB $CRC Your welcome. Bullish price action on strong volume got me interested in the name well before the fire works in the region . Big buyers were entering . I just followed the smart money. $50 upside with back filling and W trigger > $40.50
- baronp0329: @bRobert $SLB $CRC Hit 15.50 target on $CRC. Taking 3/4 profits on day trade. Can't walk away from a 10% profit for a 3 hour trade. Moved stop to 15.25 for remaining 1/4 position. Waiting for pullback on $SLB before adding.
- champ: $CRC $WLL ...Entries are running away, for now. $PBR, could still have room.
- bRobert: @champ $CRC $WLL $PBR $WLL $11 target acquired Long stock
- champ: $BA $TNA, both HOD...plus many other in the energy sector...like $CRC...all zig-zagging.
- baronp0329: @champ $BA $TNA $CRC $CRC my favorite high beta Oil trade. Made good profits last 2 days. Closed all remaining Stocks at 13.25 yesterday (in 10.55) and Sep 10 Calls. Got back in today at 12.70. Good luck with your trades.
- champ: @baronp0329 $BA $TNA .....I took the $$$'s on this position $CRC, this morning.
- baronp0329: @champ $BA $TNA $CRC Same, exited CRC after it broke below R1 13.09. Small profit 2.5% only.
- champ: @baronp0329 $BA $TNA $CRC ---- Let me know if you see the line, they can't go in if we don't see the break, at Pebble, the breaks are not what you think, in many cases they are the opposite, they don't break, as much as you think.
- baronp0329: @champ $CRC Haha, that's so true. Have to read the Greens properly. Here is some recent news on CRC https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190910005309/en
- baronp0329: @champ $SLB $LBRT $FRAC $PUMP $FTSI $HAL #forum #News #Entries Thanks again @bRobert for SLB heads up last Friday. Took more profits on Oct Calls, in at 1.25, Out at 3.40. bRobert and Champ: $CRC up another 9% today. Took partial profits: stock in at 10.55, Out at 12.65. Sep Calls, in 1.05, out at 2.90 Hope others followed both of your recommendations on the Oil trades and did not miss out on some awesome profits! September has been very profitable to my Trading account. Reminding myself to take profits early and not to be too greedy.
- champ: $CRC, really nice...you should know the news, I posted about this sector news.
- baronp0329: @champ $CRC CRC up near 13% today and broke above 50d. Took more profits on 1/4 stock position at 13.55, in at 10.55. Same with 1/4 Sep Calls at 3.40, in at 1.05.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $BP $CVX $SLB $USO $URI bRobert, Thanks for the post on these Oil stocks. I've made very profits on stocks and calls with $SLB and $CRC the last 2 days. Still have a partial on SLB Calls and will only add on pb/bounce. Will also watch for a good entry $USO calls in the morning.
- champ: $GUSH @ $3.90..up 14% ---- $CRC @ $11.20 ...HOD...up 13%, #Oversold bounce candidates.....and there are many others on News. The energy sector is working...off of U.S., Sanctions...No-Iran-Waivers will be allow. Entries could hold.....but they always will zig-zag. #Headlines on briefing.com was...."$CRC, $GUSH ...oversold longs on #Radar Watch".
- baronp0329: @bRobert $GUSH $SLCA Long $SLB Oct 35 calls per your post last Friday. In at 1.25, current Ask at 2.50. Took partials at 2.20. Thanks bRobert! Also long my favorite high beta Oil play, $CRC at 10.55 and long Sep 10 Calls at 1.05. Current Ask 1.70.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $GUSH $SLCA $SLB $CRC I like $CRC traded it a number of times $12 target 1 $SLB calls since $31 entry have done extremely well Rolled /partials
- champ: @baronp0329 $GUSH $SLCA $SLB $CRC....Yes, $CRC, is on Day-4 now and it is always about timing. However, it is also about which stocks in the sector, can hold onto these recent gains and continue this move off of their recent lows. The next few days will be test days and traders are everywhere, testing. $RRC, is up 26% in just 5-days but there are many others and all will be tested.
- baronp0329: @champ $GUSH $SLCA $SLB $CRC $RRC Good trade Champ on RRC. I have never traded that before. Will include it on my Oil Watch list. Good luck.
- champ: @baronp0329 $GUSH $SLCA $SLB $CRC $RRC --- The news is positive for sector timing, luck is always in play, for sure. In golf, I always feel very unlucky when-ever I missed my birdie putts but I always felt very-lucky when ever I made my eagle putts.
- baronp0329: @Bridget $WDC Nice trade Bridget. Totally agree with "take profits when you can". I've been doing the same with $WORK stocks and calls, $ULTA stocks and calls, $SLV (bought back the calls that I sold yesterday), $CRC, $MDLZ. Not shorting the market but the gains today could be wiped out again by a single Trump tweet.
- spmeyers: $CRC looks shortable; breaking down from a base of a few weeks [swing trade]
- baronp0329: @bnnybklyn $SPY I follow Ciovaco also. I made some good $$$$ from reading his posts. I posted the text below earlier this morning on OMM side. "SPY and $IWM looks like more downside too. Yesterday, I thought that there was too much buying enthusiasm from a Trump Trade tweet. Then I read a tweet from Chris Ciovacco on 10-2 yield curve inversion ramifications. So, got some $SPY Aug16 292 Puts for 1.55 1.70 at the close yesterday when it couldn't stay above 50d. Sold 3/4 this morning at 4.80 - 6.20. Still have 10 contracts left. Still mostly cash. Added more to $GLD. Closed $CRC (ugly day for Oils) for 7% swing trade loss."
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CRC LT hold since your late May post. Very high Option buying today after GS downgraded several oils back 7/8. Not sure what is happening but watching.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $CRC Sorry, thanks for head up alert
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC ---- A little news on the #Energy-Sector --- On these type of stocks, I follow the news. I have been out of this stock for awhile now. There is always a lot of risk with names in the sector. This sector is mostly for trading, #Cop ...
- CraigReynolds: $X $CRC $NUE $CLF $CRS $EXP $OSB Spec trades. These are companies that contribute to the construction plays in road and commercial buildings. Both road and commercial construction are big growing construction phases in the USA. Look for good entries. They are Speculative Plays so enter wisely but the construction in these areas are needed and have to be done.
- CraigReynolds: @Sher $X Was in and bought more July 15c first thing today -- double already. Commercial construction is a boom industry. $NUE $CLF $CRC $SCHN $STLD Most companies that supply roof metal decks or even metal roofs for homes/commercial buildings (USA made) have major backlogs. Commercial construction projects like schools are being constructed all over the county. Decking and roofing require 3-4 months before delivery. Road work requiring steel is happening, no choice, has to be done all over country. Watch $OSB. Big up day 6/14 and believe more to come. This is from Canada and trade deal was holding it back. Majority from Canada also produced in USA.
- baronp0329: @champ $LBRT $FTSI $SLCA $WLL Full positions in: $CRC stocks and Jul Calls. My favorite high-beta play in Oil industry. $USO stocks and Jul Calls $RIG Jun and Jul Calls (Najarian Bros call a couple of days ago).
- CraigReynolds: @wijimmy $CRZO Just reacting as other oil small cap companies. $SM $SRCI $CRC $GPOR.
- wijimmy: @CraigReynolds $CRZO $SM $SRCI $CRC $GPOR .. all ugly charts
- CraigReynolds: @wijimmy $CRZO $SM $SRCI $CRC $GPOR Oil -- Same peers
- champ: $FANG $CXO $PXD $CRC $EOG $OXY....a few names in the energy sector, are moving again today.
- issues: I have this stock in my portfolio and I don't understand why I bought it. It doesn't pay a dividend. I don't think anyone on the Forum recommended it. Anyone know anything about $CRC? stopped out $SOI $WLL $PUMP bought $NEO $TOL & $DHI
- JoeTrader: @issues $CRC $SOI $WLL $PUMP $NEO $TOL $DHI I own some $CRC...my stop is 20.11...it works great when Oil is strong; when Oil is weak, not so much...
- issues: @JoeTrader $CRC $SOI $WLL $PUMP $NEO $TOL $DHI Thank you Joe! Appreciate your input. I have my stop at 19.95. I am sure getting stopped out a lot lately. Small little paper cuts add up!
- shoredriver: @issues $CRC $SOI $WLL $PUMP $NEO $TOL $DHI ......$CRC..just click on the symbol...you will see who has been yaking about it....
- JoeTrader: @issues $CRC $SOI $WLL $PUMP $NEO $TOL $DHI Stopped out of $CRC...
- champ: $CRC, adding a little.
- JoeTrader: My $CRC stop was placed just below the high volume / breakout day of May 16...tells me something going on with Oil...I think the market is telling me something...
- JoeTrader: @champ $CRC #News Thanks Champ! I like $CRC LT, but I don't trust this market...I'll keep an eye out for a better deal...
champ: @JoeTrader $CRC --- The Oil inventory numbers were reported....and that triggered the price of Oil to drop....and then some moved off this stock and many others stocks.
Also gasoline production decreased last week and also had a build.
- champ: @JoeTrader $CRC #News --- Can't really trust anything about the markets, it is all timing and guessing. Off to the gym....just a all around negative day, I'm not happy, at all either. LOL
- JoeTrader: @champ $CRC #News Lol! I'm right behind you...Wednesday is "Leg Day"!
- champ: $CRC...investment position
- Kasey: @issues $CRC $INSG $VFF $CVM $TME I noticed that too. I just started the free trial of Leaderboard. I guess the IBD criteria for coming out of what they call "correction" is a bit stringent. However, I do see the futures are down premarket today. Let's hope our positions are safe.
- CraigReynolds: $CRC What happened the last few minutes. Big jump.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC ---- That is why I was posting on this stock, this is a major stock pickers target. Look at the YTD and the 52-week highs. Great company. Have to be out ahead of these type of moves.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CRC Yes, took you up on this Calif. oil company. Small take at this time but looking ahead. Thanks for you postinig about this. I'm heavy in all type oil positions.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC --- Great, this is a keeper, and this a wait to be rewarded position...Patience's and more $$$'s are on the way.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC @ $22 --- Stock filings and another large player, just took a large position. This stock is going much higher, YTD high was $30 and the 52-week hi was $50.
- JoeTrader: My 1st post...starter positions today in $CRC and $FIVN
- champ: @JoeTrader $CRC $FIVN -- Hey Joe, your first 2 posts are winners, #Joe-the-Trader. $FISV, buyers going into the close and a close on HOD, WOW! You're a winner, Joe..
- JoeTrader: @champ $CRC $FIVN $FISV #Joe-the-Trader Thanks Champ...so far so good, Lol!
- champ: @JoeTrader $CRC $FIVN $FISV #Joe-the-Trader --- YW...and keep posting your stock idea's, when you see something, we need all the help we can get, this is a team sport. .
- issues: IBD still has "market in correction". That's kinda surprising. I bought $CRC $INSG $VFF sold $CVM $TME. Thank you people in forum. I get much out your suggestions.
- champ: $CRC @ 19.75 ...#Bounce-Candidate, stock idea --- Take a look at the chart, the yearly. A lot going on here, great ER numbers, upgrade and the #chart is the a main reason, this stock has room, these Oil men are smart. I'm also following other traders, past it on...this is a swing.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CRC #Bounce-Candidate #chart Interesting. Never heard of this company before. Didn't know Calif. had oil.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CRC #Bounce-Candidate #chart --- You must be from Ohio, we have everything here in California, we specialize in high taxes...but there is big lawsuit that just started last week, they want to shut down all the Oil in the state. This WH, just opened up all Federal land for drilling.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CRC #Bounce-Candidate #chart Yes OHIO. Looking at $CRC and appreciate. You have that OIL nose I believe. Doing well you being the director. Love California, to expensive for me. Just don't understand your love for taxes. Have been in the great State of California several times for visits..
- baronp0329: @champ $AMZN $BA $URI $GOOS #check-out-the-news Thanks. Will do. Don't have any retails for now. Keep an eye on $CRC and $MPC. Started 1/3 positions today on both at the open. Looking for oversold bounce and hold for 3-5 day swing trade. Also started 1/3 position on $FXI at 39.25 today.
- champ: @baronp0329 $AMZN $BA $URI $GOOS $CRC $MPC $FXI #check-out-the-news --- Will do....#Thanks.
- tigerjohn8: @champ $fang $DVN $FANG $PBF $DK $HFC $XOM $KMI $RRC $SOI $LBRT $GUSH $ERX $UWT $CXO $PXD $CRC $SLCA #Energy-Sector #New #guessing Hi Champ I see your list is missing $VNOM and since IBD has such a high rating for that stock...is it off intentionally, or just tooooooooo many to look at them all. Appreciate your posts!
- champ: @tigerjohn8 $fang ----- On $VNOM @ $42.10 ...honestly I missed it and I added to my watch list. $CRC is the #1 stock that was or is Outperforming in the sector....and they both are small cap in the sector and both have the same market cap at $2.2b $$$'s. Many stocks in the energy sector appear to be at resistance and many others in the #service sector appear to be on there low risk entry and could bounce at any time. I like the sector and all the leaders could also continue to move-up even higher...however, I'm cautious. Look at $CRC up 22.55% in just 5-days and in 6-months it is up 183%. This markets is hard to figure out....the retail sector has a reason to bounce also...its the #Holidays-and cold weather and on energy it is the #Iran-sanctions....see my post on #Stock-idea and #Retail-Sector-is.
- traderbren: $CRC - made a nh.
- champ: @Robert1965 $fang $DVN ---- #Energy-Sector ---- Yes, I did get back in $FANG, I took profits on that last turn. My investment positions are $PBF $DK $HFC $XOM $KMI $RRC $SOI $LBRT ...my trading positions are $GUSH $ERX $UWT $FANG $CXO $PXD $ERX $CRC ...
- baronp0329: @champ $TNDM $AMZN $AAPL $FB $TTD $FANG $CXO $GWPH $C $MS $LLY #Bounce-Trades #Your-right Haha, she should be happy! Watch AAPL, HOD and still climbing. Should have added more $CRC and $RIG this morning but had too many charts to watch for my trades today.
- champ: @baronp0329 $TNDM $AMZN $AAPL $FB $TTD $FANG $CXO $GWPH $C $MS $LLY $CRC $RIG #Bounce-Trades #Your-right ---- I don't look at the chart, until I have to, while I'm holding positions...you can watch all of your trades streaming.... on you #watch-list and the chart is just a click away...when needed.
- champ: @baronp0329 $TNDM $AMZN $AAPL $FB $TTD $FANG $CXO $GWPH $C $MS $LLY $CRC $RIG #Bounce-Trades #Your-right --- I'm still holding $AAPL also...and the others. Stack them up on top of each other, on your watch-list.
- baronp0329: @champ $TNDM $AMZN $AAPL $FB $TTD $FANG $CXO $GWPH $C $MS $LLY $CRC $RIG #Bounce-Trades #Your-right All my trades are streamed. But I prefer charts because I put pivot points, VWAP, support , resistance, stop-loss and profit target lines. I also like to watch the trends (volumes and MACD). Charts help me a lot when to sell and add during the day.
- champ: @baronp0329 $TNDM $AMZN $AAPL $FB $TTD $FANG $CXO $GWPH $C $MS $LLY $CRC $RIG #Bounce-Trades #Your-right --- I understand but it is hard to watch many charts, I have a daily plan list for target sells and adds or what ever and it changes daily and if I can't remember ...I just take a second and just look at my list on my desk. This is how I work daily because I can handle many more Day and Swing trades, this way....just saying that this is what works for me....but I have been doing this for years.
- baronp0329: Taking profits, Selling another 1/4 positions on: $CRC stock $XOP Oct Calls and Stocks $HAL Oct Calls and Stocks
- baronp0329: @Sher $ABT $CSCO $MPC $MSFT $NFLX You are not chicken nor are you alone. I took partial or full profits this morning on calls of $RIG $IBM $MSFT $XOP $AMZN $NFLX $DIS. Also took partial profits on stocks of $CRC (up 17.4% today) $HAL $RIG.
- bRobert: $CRC . Nice setup. $55 target with move >$42
- baronp0329: @champ $KWEB $CQQQ $FXI $ERX $GUSH #Good-Work i'm also in a few energy trades. $RIG $HAL and back in with $CRC at 39.82 this morning.
- champ: @baronp0329 $KWEB $CQQQ $FXI $ERX $GUSH $RIG $HAL $CRC #Good-Work --- I posted that I'm in $CXO $FANG $CRC $BRY $XOM $SOI...and I'm bottom feeding in $SLCA.
- champ: $CRC really nice move...up over 10%....posted a few days ago.
- spmeyers: @champ $CRC the gains are not coming easy these days in the oil patch, eh?
- champ: @spmeyers $CRC --- Your right.... nothing comes easy in this sector but profits depends on your entries....and the daily price of Oil. I been adding new positions now on the recent low and I have core and trading positions in $FANG $COX $SLCA $SOI $LBRT and I'm new in September and I got in these in August, CRC $BRY $XOM and I posted on most. I'm trailing all positions, even core positions. I'm also trading for profits in other names in the sector, daily now. But it is mostly the price of Oil, that moves me in and out....and the weekly inventory numbers, I'm trading ETF's, off of those numbers... $GUSH and $UWT. This keeps me busy....
- baronp0329: All opened 9/11, taking partial profits on 3rd day: $BABA BuCS Oct 165/175 $BIDU 210 Calls $EEM Oct 42.50 Calls $HAL Oct 40 calls $AMZN Oct 1950 Calls $CQQQ, $RIG, $CRC
- champ: $GUSH $UWT $ERX $CXO $FANG $CRC $SLCA $XOM $DK ---- Starting to get rotation into the energy sector. This #refiner $DK turned off the 5 - month low this morning....could have been entry at $45.70....this could be #Day-1, we will see how the sector plays out....the sector has a week before the next Oil inventory number are reported....in other words....I don't really know of any other potential negative news that could drop the sector....the price of Oil is climbing and is at $71.15 up $1.90.....game on.
- champ: $GUSH $UWT $ERX $CXO $FANG $CRC $SLCA $XOM ----- I posted yesterday that I was swinging these positions, after taking profits on 1/2 , I was swinging risk into the open. I added back the 1/2 that I took profits on, around LOD and took profits again o ...
|Stock Price||$USD 8.49|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 27th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 33.10 37.45%
- $USD 6.57 17.96%
- $USD 7.95 15.92%
- $USD 8.55 -17.45%
- $USD 5.90 -13.61%
- $USD 8.33 -10.48%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 67,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (67,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!