Essent Group Ltd. (NYSE:ESNT)
Old Forum Content for ESNTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Kid2old: @tnt $BIIB I read an article from #IBD around Jan 9th on 10 companies that would be up 50% for 2020. $BIIB was one of these tickers. The other tickerS, $AZPN $CNXM $ESNT $JAZZ $MA $MKTX $NMIH $PSXP $SIVB $V
- issues: New on the IBD 50 this week include: $CARG $COLM $CRM $FND $G $JBL $NFLX $NKE $PYPL $TTC $WFO off the list: $BAH$ ENV $EPRT $ESNT $FLT $HEI $JAZZ $LULU $MRCY $RGLD $VAR. It baffles me why some good ones are off and others are on...
- jlutzkanin: $ESNT watching to see if it get regain and hold the 50MA for a low risk entry
- CdrJake: $PING Into starter position , Bollinger Band early buy signal on $PING (1st big move on much higher volume after a double bottom), last Thursday, but waited for a correction back into Bollinger Band. That move on Thursday was right side of cup on a gap. Still long $AMAT, $PAYS, $AUDC, $APPS, $EPAM, $ESNT, $HD, $NDAQ, $PCTY. $NDAQ looking like it wants to go higher still, check out the weekly chart on a 3 year timeline, is long handle, or a long consolidation after a HASh bottom, neckline was around 92 1/2. Level to watch is 105.36 for break out. OBV confirmation.
- Ajax4Hire: $FFTY - IBD 50 Innovators ETF Top 15 Holdings: 4.01% $INMD - Inmode Ltd 3.75% $BOOT - Boot Barn Holdings Inc 3.57% $PCTY - Paylocity Holding Corp 3.48% $CPRT - Copart Inc 3.47% $RH - RH 3.46% $CDW - CDW Corp 3.43% $OLED - Universal Display Corp 3.43% $EDU - New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc 3.42% $EW - Edwards Lifesciences Corp 3.36% $KL - Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd 3.10% $EPRT - Essential Properties Realty Trust Inc 3.03% $LULU - Lululemon Athletica Inc 3.03% $FTNT - Fortinet Inc 3.03% $PAYC - Paycom Software Inc 3.00% $ESNT - Essent Group Ltd ===== 50.6% of $FFTY holdings Looks very familiar. Have I found the DF-ETF? Courtesy of ETFDB.com https://ETFDB.com/etf/FFTY/#etf-holdings&sort_name=weight&sort_order=desc&page=1
- shoredriver: @Ajax4Hire $FFTY $INMD $BOOT $PCTY $CPRT $RH $CDW $OLED $EDU $EW $KL $EPRT $LULU $FTNT $PAYC $ESNT #etf-holdings >>.Fine ETF ..the only issues I have with it is that it only trades just north of 100,000 daily and option premium does not warrant selling for additional returns/income.....
- Margi1983: $ESNT. Got a little at 51.20 today. Strength after low of 50.70 right after the open. Stop is just above the VWAP
- PRK: @Margi1983 $ESNT Just reported earnings of $1.47 .09 better than estimates. Revenues rose over 22% year/year. Pays a small dividend of 1.14%. I have a position.
- BobJ: @BocaRick $ESNT 53.06 long
- Herb: $ESNT rolling.
- BocaRick: @Herb $ESNT at 52 week high, waiting to see print above 53
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ESNT Essent Group Ltd.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ESNT&clip=115945
$ESNT -- Needs to tighten up. Alert $51.00
$VEEV -- setting up out of a low squeeze. Alert $157.50
Hope this helps.
- spmeyers: @DAN $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV seems a bit late for IBP entry, no? it's at top of the channel; earlier today you wrote about waiting for the pullback
- DAN: @spmeyers $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV I didn't say I was waiting on a pullback on IBP today.
- stairm01: @Ringo $DAN $VEEV $VEEV $SAM $MELI $ODFL $XPO $IYT $CX $BA $SPLK $ABMD $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $CC $UAL $EHTH $HIIQ $MRCC $MRCC $ABBE $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV $IPB $ ...
- success: $ESNT - stopped out . . holding only $CPRT $FND $HXL of GSL. . . .other holdings $LHX $PPC $SNPS $TTC . .all with tight stops . . limiting to 3% loss . . market really getting pushed around
- Sluggo: @success $ESNT $CPRT $FND $HXL $LHX $PPC $SNPS $TTC Thanks for listing part or all of your port. It helps others and we are just putting it out there by doing that. This market is the death of a thousand paper cuts, even for the best traders. I have to keep telling myself to limit my exposure. My stops do that for me, but I have to remember not to reallocate to the market if it is not rewarding me. Great ideas are great (sounds like POTUS) but if they don't work, eh!
- success: $ESNT $CPRT $SNPS all stopped out over last hour . . not good news but raising cash is good news . .
- Sluggo: @success $ESNT $CPRT $SNPS Indeed. What I have learned is that your stops will take you out. They saved my ass when I was heavily into cloud stocks. It is the holding of the dry powder or it being reallocated that is up to you. The stops usually foretell the right outcome short term and should be respected.
DAN: $CPRT and $ESNT have been stopped out for very small losses. There are only two stocks remaining on the list -- $FND and $HXL.
Now, this is not a bad thing. An inexperienced trader might think, "What? There's only two active trades? This su ...
- Sluggo: @jr3345 $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $QQQ $ITB $LGIH $HOV $JBL $BA $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $CGC $CRON $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $I ...
- Sluggo: @bRobert $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $ITB $HOV $JBL $SPY $XHB $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $BX $KKR $SYK $KLAC $LRCX $TLT $XLU $GDX $XLF $JPM $GS $C $NOW $GOOS $ZBRA $psx $GOOGL $GLD $MTUM $FND $ESNT $CPRT $HX ...
DAN: Current stocks on list are $CPRT $ESNT $FND $HXL
$FND -- Suggest raising your stop from $47.35 to $49.20. (Our cost basis is $47.35, and we are up by just 3.3%) Note that this is a pretty tight stop. But the trade is a breakout from a squeeze. A ...
- Ajax4Hire: Oh, goodness me... Stopped out of $TWTR; Stopped out of $MSFT; Stopped out of $ESNT; Pyrrhic victory. I moving to cash and going outside to play; good day.
$ESNT -- flush out today. Almost stopped, but 50-day MA held.
$CPRT -- Stop is at $79.90. Letting this play out, but would not buy it now.
$HXL -- low risk buy...but still building the bottom of the base.
$LSCC -- pr ...
- bigbartabs: @DAN $FND $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE ... adding Floor & Decor... I first thought you were talking about your remodel.
- DAN: @bigbartabs $FND $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE Nah. But we did buy some things from FND. Good prices.
$ESNT -- Phase 2 needs to complete.
$FND -- breakout today. High volume for 3 days.
$HXL -- almost stopped out at 79.45
$STNE -- stopped at 35.20. 3.29% loss..
$TWTR -- stopped at 41.95. 3.4% loss
$DELL -- Swing Trad ...
- jonwest88: @DAN $KO $BA $PG $SPX $NDX $MTUM $CPRT $ESNT $FND $HXL $STNE $TWTR $DELL $TSLA $NIO $AUDC $PLMR $MSFT $GME $IGV $SNPS $ANSS $RCII $SERV $LGIH $ELF $SHOP $AMZN Where was the stop price listed for STNE? I looked through what I thought were all the post since it was first put on the GSL. 2) Where can we access the price when each stock is put on the GSL, and where are the stops listed? If they are hidden somewhere in one of the hundreds of post on the forum, I cannot sift through the forum all day long looking for a quick update. BTW, wouldn't you email the members when stop or buy is hit? We did get an outdated alert on SHOP today which you, Dan, quickly corrected. Thank you
DAN: Good morning. The market has opened a bit of a lower open this morning, though nothing to be concerned about. We're still in a range.
One thing I was pondering over the weekend: Why do you trade? Is it a hobby that you really enjoy? Is it a job? ...
- infocus: @DAN $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE Love your music analogy. I've made my living for more than 40 years playing music in excellent symphony orchestras. "It ain't no hobby, for sure". I'm one of the lucky ones with some talent and a LOT of har ...
- bsafriet: $ESNT back below buy point. Stoped out at $49.97, now trading $49.78
- Doc Trader: $esnt engulfing almost on daily. I am long stockat 51.70... would you clu? @dan
- DAN: @infocus $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE That's great to hear, infocus. Making a living playing music is, I'm sure, very gratifying. Congratulations! And only you know how much hard work it took to get where you are now. And your approach to trading ...
- Cokeman1959: @Bridget $FND where do you set the stop to avoid a repeat of $ESNT failed breakout
- Bridget: @Cokeman1959 $FND $ESNT I have a stop set at the middle of the channel which is around the 21dMA. But sometimes breakouts fail and you can't always predict which ones are or aren't.
- DAN: I am adding Floor & Decor ($FND) to our Growth Stock List. It has not yet broken out, but I want to give you some parameters for the position. 1. You'd be starting with a very small position. 2. Basis is $49.50 3. Stop is at $47.35. ================================================================== Current Growth Stock List Holdings: $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE $FND ==================================================================
- DAN: $ESNT -- covered Essent last night. It's breaking out today.
- DAN: Last night I covered Essent Group, noting that the growth story is really compelling, with steady growth in earnings, revenues, and profit margins. The stock has been basing for quite a while and I was looking for a breakout above $50. That's what's happening today. I'm adding this to the active Growth Stock List with a cost basis of $ 50.80. Stop should be around $47.45. Current Growth Stock List Holdings: $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE Dan
- utex72: @DAN $ESNT I missed the move this morning and the price is up >4%. Since entry level is king, what is the strategy to own the stock; buy small with tight stop, or wait for p/b?
- M5rkp: @DAN $ESNT picked up half position at 50.39. What should my strategy for adding to the position? Wait for pullback and bounce?
DAN: @DAN $ESNT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE Guys, re/ ESNT. Here's what I wrote (in part): "That's what's happening today. I'm adding this to the active Growth Stock List with a cost basis of $ 50.80. Stop should be around $47.45."
Honestly, sincer ...
COTD: $ESNT -- Added this today. Entry is everything. 50.87 with 47.45 stop. Great volume! Wide base.
VIDEO ONE: MARKET OVERVIEW
$SPX -- As expected...stalling at resistance. Not a bad thing. Watch 50-day moving average for support.
$DJI -- &l ...
$ESNT -- Not on GSL, but fundamentals are very good. Needs to break out above $50...on volume. Alert $50
$UEIC -- I have a position in this...but it is illiquid. Illiquidity = Risk. Alert $48.85
$MSFT -- All time high on this breakout. ...
- southernmum: @DAN $HUYA $SPX $FFTY $MTUM $GLD $NUGT $TWTR $CPRT $HXL $STNE $ESNT $UEIC $MSFT $EDU $ROKU $TPX $AUDC $MDC $DIS $COLD $TAN $SEDG $FSLR $SPWR Thank you for explaining the suggested size strategy for initially buying and then adding to a position in $TWTR. What percentage of our portfolio do you recommend allocating for each stock we buy?
- Sluggo: $ORCC $ESNT Ok, for my Sat. finale (crickets) let me give you 2 more. $ORCC Is an IPO coiling to the upside (hard to do in this market). $ESNT - set alert for $50 breakout.
- Sluggo: Stocks on my list for Monday AM stalking (yeah, Dorothy and her house are flying around my head, but barring that) : $ORCC $ESNT $BLD $INMD $RNG $NSSC $KRUS $FSLY
- JBed: $ESNT offering another low-risk opportunity in a pullback to the 50 MA.
- gvianello: @JBed $ESNT maybe is down for the hurricane
- JBed: $ESNT looks like it may break $50 - back up near ER high. Long.
- JBed: $ESNT now back above the 50 MA. Long from below.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ESNT Essent Group Ltd.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ESNT&clip=112701
- jlutzkanin: $ESNT starter position on a potential breakout
$ESNT – Alert $50 and $47.45
$UPLD – Holding at 50-day MA. Steep drop so really needs some work here before buying is viable.
$FRPT – Alert $48.80
$CSII – Squeezing. Wait for high volume breakout. Alert $40.60
Requested Vi ...
- scottrades: $ESNT - Strength in a weak market.
- bRobert: $ESNT . Walk out continuation.$52/ $60 . targets . Long term holding stock
- traderbren: #Just_FYI -- some tickers to keep an eye on...setting alerts on the upside: $WDAY, $MIME, $EVTC, $ESNT ....make sure you check when earnings are due before you take a position. I only have a position in $EVTC as this time from when it bounced off the 50d on 4/15, but watching the others here.
- bRobert: $ESNT Setting up for a powerful move . Consolidation/squeeze $60 reversal target Reports 5/3 CHEAP growth Long term hold from $32+
- bRobert: $ESNT . $60 . Long term hold $LGIH . $80/$90/$100+ . Long term hold from $40 . Trading around a core. 4 months sideways consolidation set the stage for a big move.
- bRobert: $ESNT $60 target VERY long term hold Added on 50d bounce. Good employee. IBD 50 alumni
- issues: I added to or started new positions in the following today: $ESNT $VZ $TWLO $BLDR $DFEN $WK $DMRC Thanks to all who write in the Forum to give me some ideas! I sold $AXSM.
- bRobert: $ESNT . Phase 2 . pullback/retest of breakout. Trade by numbers . Watch for 3. resumption of breakout . Long from below
- bRobert: $ESNT bo Look for pb/b Long from below
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $ESNT Just entered small.
- sierramp: @bRobert $ESNT You beat me to it, BO above September high. Rev Growth Rate Last 4 Qtrs 24.78%
- bRobert: @sierramp $ESNT I am long from way below. I will add on the pb/b High targets
- cule8: $ESNT starter position
- sierramp: The only news I can find for $ESNT to explain this nice move today is a glowing IBD article. Glad I got in before the article came out but not in as early as @bRobert
- bRobert: @sierramp $ESNT The only news I see is that SMM members are buying ;)
- sierramp: Watching $ESNT for break above September high. Consolidation for a month or more before that would be welcomed too.
- bRobert: @sierramp $ESNT Longer term hold . 50% run Still setting up for more. Not a great buy point. Extended. Easy hold ....with a stop
- scottrades: $ESNT is within a few dollars of it's 52 Week High (Gold Line) and it's building a nice Daily Flag Pattern. Clear Support (Green) and Resistance (Red) Levels. A push through on Volume will bring it to an important pivot. One could start small and build a position with stops in place or wait for confirmation on a break on volume. Their recent earnings saw a 10.08% EPS Surprise.
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT LONG term holder. Just made the IBD50 team with several members of my flock $WCG $HIIQ $PANW $EDU $DIN. and a few others. I'm still marveling over $DIN It is still ridiculously undervalued compared to any other restaurant chain. They crushed estimates. Raised guidance. Tremendous growth. 10% stock buy back. 3% dividend.
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT $ESNT could run to $60 after some R&R consolidation. I wouldn't buy it here at the top of the range. Higher risk entry. Easy hold.
- scottrades: @bRobert $ESNT Nice! I saw your previous posts about it dating back to 2018. Looks like this has been good to you in the past. Congrats sir! I'm building new scans that I hope will bring some good charts to the attention of more SMM Members. Let's hope the market continues to co-operate.
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT I'm looking for substantial upward moves in $CGC $TLRY $PYX $AMRS shortly. Very subtle bullish price action. last week. $CRON WEEKLY flag has my attention. $30 flag trigger target. Long term hold via 2020 LEAP calls and BPS. Risk reversal credit . spread . Holding from single digits.
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT the wheels came off the wagon but the stock has recovered nicely with the general market , housing . V for victory. Still very cheap valuation. High growth.
- Bob G: @bRobert $ESNT , bRobert, I follow and respect your opinion. Maybe it's time for you to join Scott and share your wisdom in analysis? Aside from that, what is your opinion of entering $ESNT at this level and a tight stop around $43.85. Either it consolidates for a bit and moves up or, it slides with a very small loss?
- bRobert: @Bob G $ESNT I am holding $ESNT from the 200d bounce. I like the company long term but it is not at an ideal entry here at the top of the range on a V move. There are so many good stocks setting up nicely. Be particular on your entries in ...
- bRobert: @Bob G $ESNT I thought I was sharing too much. I've been dissipating a lot of excess energy posting lately.. Most of it is technical analysis of stocks that I think have good set ups and favorable risk rewards. I present some fundamental analysis but IMHO that's more cocktail party conversation . I do like when the chart and story are in sync. But I would rather make money than be just be right in fundamental analysis. I'll leave that to the philosophers like Gartman et al
- Bob G: @bRobert $ESNT $SPY ...I respect your opinion and I will not enter the trade. Hopefully it will grind sideways for a few weeks or pull back slightly and then make it's next move. Thanks for your insight, much appreciated
- bRobert: $ESNT nh territory Stops partials
- bRobert: $ESNT + Nice pop Long term hold
- bRobert: $ESNT A very good employee. Went to Catholic school Prints perfect V $48+
- bRobert: $ESNT . Cheap . value and high growth .
- bRobert: $ESNT Reversal pattern $43 High growth
- bRobert: $ESNT . Another housing play. Bottomed. Wait for pullbacks.
- bRobert: $ESNT NO DRAMA portfolio $50+
- bRobert: $ESNT $50 holding stock
- bRobert: $ESNT $50 . holding stock. pb/bounce add
- bRobert: $ESNT Holding stock $50
- bRobert: $ESNT strong uptrend. Cheap. Target $50 . Look for pullbacks. May not get much
- bRobert: $ESNT Slow and steady up to $50. Cheap
- bRobert: $ESNT Easy to hold or hodl . Cheap. Look for pullbacks
- bRobert: $ESNT Breaking higher. Holding stock . CHEAP
- bRobert: $ESNT flag trigger.
- bRobert: $ESNT nice base Setting up for higher ground. Stuck between the 50d below and 200d ceiling. Watch for break >$42.20 . $50 target . Cheap growth
- bRobert: $ESNT breakout of nice base. to 200d resistance. Cheap. Add on pullbacks/bounce
- bRobert: $ESNT nice base. Filling gap
|Stock Price||$USD 30.13|
Essent Group Ltd provides credit protection to lenders and mortgage investors by covering a portion of the unpaid principal balance of a mortgage in the event of a default.Request Video of ESNT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 31st, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 9.51 40.86%
- $USD 9.97 31.72%
- $USD 20.80 31.37%
- $USD 10.49 -38.33%
- $USD 8.69 -19.49%
- $USD 9.06 -15.51%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!