Esperion Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ESPR)
Old Forum Content for ESPRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- GOOSE: $ESPR Up 1.10 AH. NP
- GOOSE: TRADES: $WTI BTO STOCK @6.85 Thanks @Woodman $ESPR STO 6/15/18 NTM 41.0 PUTS @1.63 Will accept assignment if necessary. IMO has turned the corner. $ESPR STO 6/15/18 NTN 40.0 CALLS @.75 Will buy stock if necessary. Living close to the edge. Risky, but you already knew that. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $WTI $ESPR $WTI starter position @6.67 Thanks GOOSIE AND @Woodman
- GOOSE: $ESPR Rising from the moribund, up 2.43.
- GOOSE: $ESPR TANKIN'
- sgiseller: $ESPR taking a 10% hit so far
- GOOSE: @sgiseller $ESPR Yah! And I'm out of the stock. Still holding 42.0, 46.0, 47.0 Short calls though, and a Bups, 35.0/40,0.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: A BuPS $ESPR STO 6/15/18 40.0 PUTS @3.48 $ESPR BTO 6/15/18 35.0 PUTS @1.90 Premium Received 1.58
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $DSKE BTO STOCK @9.55 A starting position, small. Thanks to @Champ for the idea. Like that it's close to the 50 Day, and like the industry. $ESPR STO 6/15/18 42.0 ATM CALL @4.30 +.55 Capital gain of 4.85, for a month's wait. Seems o.k. to me.....
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 5/18/18 $GOOS 5/18/18 37.50 CALLS ASSIGNED AWAY. $SKX 5/18/18 30.0 CALLS BTC Lost .10 per contract\ $ESPR 5/18/18 35.0 PUTS EXPIRED $ESPR 5/18/18 45.0 CALLS EXPIRED $ESPR 5/18/18 50.0 CALLS EXPIRED $ESPR 5/18/18 40.0 PUTS EXPIRED
- rnrdallas: @GOOSE $DSKE $ESPR insiders are buying .DSKE
- GOOSE: $ESPR Continues its consolidation. Bears watching. One of these days', POW. Caution, I'm in love. ;>)
- woodman: @GOOSE $ESPR - LOL!
- GOOSE: $ESPR A covered call risky idea but pays 20% + at current price, for a month hold. STO 6/15/18 42.0 CALL(S) @4.35. TOS MARGIN COST $2,082. You also get a $25 Capital gain......if it works. EDITED
- GOOSE: @woodman $ESPR Coming from you, I take LOL to mean Lots of Love. ;>) Thanks!
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR STO 6/15/18 48.0 CALLS @2.30 COVERED. I'm starting a ladder, 44.0-49.0
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR STO 6/15/18 47.0 CALLS @2.75
- GOOSE: $ESPR After much observation, I've noticed that when my stock goes up to HOD, and it's after 3 PM, it usually drops, and loses most of its gains. So to take advantage of this, I've sold half of my stock position, and hope to buy it back at a lower price. They don't call me gunslinger for nuthin. My stop loss is $100. or around 1%.
- GOOSE: $ESPR Results of my gunslinging experiment. STC STOCK 42.775, BTO STOCK 42.80. Debit .025. I guess I'm a wimp. ;>) See earlier post for context. Somethings going on with this. Strongest close I could remember this month. Maybe it really is turning. Stranger things have happened. I BTO'd because I had a premonition, same thing as hope, and gut feelings, that the stock will be up tomorrow.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR STO 5/18/18 45.0 CALLS @.55 Naked This is a 2nd tranch. STO original tranch for 1.45 This trade expires in 2 days, 1 hour and 20 minutes. ;>)
- GOOSE: $ESPR Just hit a new HOD, after vacillating all day.
- GOOSE: TRADES:@Ramie Closed out my $VXX trade, 5/18/18 STO 32.0 PUTS, BTO 37.0 PUTS, and did well. Thanks to @Ramie for posting this last week, he used different parameters. $ESPR STO 5/18/18 40.0 PUTS @1.50
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR BTO STOCK 41.75 $GOOS STO 5/18/18 37.5 CALLS @.60 COVERED
- GOOSE: $ESPR Up over 2 points.
- Junior1: @infocus my guess is $ESPR, you know, the one with really wide spreads and High IV 1.05/1.55 on the 45 Calls. $GOOSE got a great fill!
- infocus: @Junior1 $ESPR $GOOSE Thanks
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR BTO STOCK 40.76 Added. Gut/Hope Strategy ;>)
- GOOSE: $ESPR Up over 2.00.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR BTO STOCK 42.15
- GOOSE: $ESPR Up a 1.25 A.H.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ESPR STO 5/11/18 35.0 PUTS @1.25 $BA STC 5/11/18 300 PUT @.15. $BA BTC 5/11/18 310 PUT @.36 c\Collected 90% of the premium
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR STO 5/18/18 50.0 CALLS @.60 These are covered now with my L.T. stock. If stock approaches 49.0, I will buy more to cover.
- rverkamp30: $ESPR great trade this morning
- GOOSE: $ESPR Up 5+, and me with a 40.0 short call against my stock. Not crying but.......
- Robert1965: $ESPR Anyone taking profits
- GOOSE: TRADES: $PE BTC 5/18/18 30.0 PUTS @.45 STO @1.60 $STX STC STOCK @55.10 $ESPR BTO STOCK @40.25 An add.
- Robert1965: @GOOSE $PE $STX $ESPR when you bought yesterday at 37.60, were did you set your stop, got at 37.60, I got stopped out a 35.27
- GOOSE: @Robert1965 $PE $STX $ESPR Hi, I'm flexible, so I usually don't have a solid stop. Since I watch the market for a good deal of the day, I'm retired, I set a mental stop. But my gut feeling, ;>) , was that I wanted to hold the stock, so I had Faith, ;>), after all is was down so much. I added a little today. Since I have a cushion now, I am more relaxed. This style of trading is not for everybody. I'm a little more of a risk taker. Hey, Have a great weekend.
- Robert1965: @GOOSE $PE $STX $ESPR Thanks
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR BTC 5/18/18 40.0 CALL @3.30 STO @3.00. Just didn't want it to be an encumbrance on my stock.
- GOOSE: $ESPR Sure glad I BTC my 40.0 short call on this. ;>)
- Motorman: @GOOSE $ESPR Not an easy one
- Nepenthe: $ESPR Another possible set-up for a "dead cat bounce?"
- phooeyquai: @Nepenthe $ESPR $CAH is another?
- Motorman: @Nepenthe $ESPR Had a nice profit going into ER...thought yesterday was overdone after reading report on cholesterol lowering drug and today took another 20% dive today...had to let go for loss. In retrospect could have bought puts to protect profits.
- issues: @Motorman $ESPR It's my experience that puts don't give much protection but just a fraction of the stock price. And puts cost money. I thought it would protect a holding only to find out the hard way it's a small percentage of gain compared to a large loss in the stock itself.
- GOOSE: TRADE: $ESPR BTO STOCK a starter @36.57 Stock getting antsy. A speculation.
- infocus: @GOOSE $ESPR Joined you @36.45 slinger ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADE: Added another small tranche $ESPR BTO STOCK @37.28
- infocus: @GOOSE $ESPR Nice. I just rang the cash register for a small, but satisfying win. Gotta go walk the dog ; >)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ESPR STO 5/18/18 40.0 CALLS @3.00 COVERED
- GOOSE: @infocus $ESPR Glad for you. ;>)
- GOOSE: $ESPR What a run in 2 minutes.
- woodman: $ESPR 59 minute trade.
- harrylan1: @woodman $ESPR Thanks
- woodman: @harrylan1 $ESPR - it already moved a lot. Be careful.
- PJMR11: @woodman $ESPR Do you think there is any trade there?
- harrylan1: @woodman $ESPR ok thanks
- woodman: @PJMR11 $ESPR - watch VWAP right here. Look for a bounce. Full disclosure, I have no position. Very short term trades are not really my thing. I'm more of a day(s), week(s) swing trader, looking for pullbacks to support or breaks above resistance or stuff I gut feel for a done going down.
- PJMR11: @woodman $ESPR Thanks. Right now, it looks like there is nothing good here
- PJMR11: @woodman $ESPR Actually, I am more of a swing trader like you (but certainly not as good as you) so I do not normally go the 59 minute route.
- woodman: @PJMR11 $ESPR - A) you may well be better than I am! And B) if you know and respect your strengths and weaknesses, I think you're well ahead of the game.
- PJMR11: @woodman $ESPR I am learning my strengths and weaknesses. Tried to cover all the bases before but now am focusing on less stocks with more focus.
- woodman: $ESPR continues to bounce off rising support (since Nov. 2017). It's consolidating with horizontal resistance as it moves up rising support to form what I call a flat top "wedge."
$ESPR – squeezing. Resistance at $80. Alert $79.50
$CASA – flag?
Growth Stock List notes:
$KEM – added. Starting to work out of a squeeze? $20 is the ceiling now.
$YY – buy here?
- woodman: $ESPR - we have (1) a tag off rising support (drawn from 11/14), (2) an inside and up after two inside days, and (3) a bullish engulfing candle. All after an extreme pre-market panic following pricing action on a competing drug of $REGN/$SNY.
- woodman: $ESPR - easy to understand article: https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/03/07/investors-shrug-after-esperion-therapeutics-choles.aspx
- issues: @woodman $ESPR But the chart doesn't look good to me. Does it to you?
- woodman: @issues $ESPR - long term for me, as we roll into a ton of data coming throughout the year. It will be make or break the company. As far as the chart is concerned, watch rising support drawn from 11/14/17 (touching 2/6/18 and yesterday) , which is still intact.
- woodman: $ESPR - good phase 3 results for its LDL-lowering drug designed for people who cannot take, or are not doing well on, statins. The stock dove at first, but bounced at the 50 day and is forming a decent tail. Still red, however. I'm speculating that approval for this one is already baked in. It will have a lot of additional data this year, and I will continue to hold this one for the long term. https://www.reuters.com/article/esperion-thera-study/update-1-esperions-cholesterol-drug-succeeds-in-late-stage-study-idUSL4N1QP4EV
- woodman: $ESPR - loaded up with Phase 3 data in 2018. https://www.biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar
- woodman: $ESPR flying today; up near resistance now.
- woodman: $ESPR - lots of milestones coming for this one, from March through the rest of the year: https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17078442-esperion-provides-bempedoic-acid-franchise-development-program-updates-reports-fourth-quarter
- bRobert: $ESPR . Still long term hold. Weekly breakout/ throw back and run. Target $100+
- woodman: $ESPR - added this morning.
- bRobert: $ESPR . WEEKLY has always been my time frame since squeeze breakout last year. WEEKLY breakout/throwback. Target $!00+ . Long stock/leap calls/spreads . HOLDING stock
- issues: Stopped out of: $SPR $LUV $ESPR $CC$FCX$ CAR $WB $CVS $NVDA $CTRL $MRVL
- audrina0904: $ESPR - making a real nice push higher after good pullback this AM
- bRobert: @audrina0904 $ESPR YUP. Easy to hold. Target $100
- bRobert: $ESPR WEEKLY flag Target $100
- woodman: $ESPR - added a little at 71.98.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR Love a good shakeout
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - lots of data coming this year, pretty much each quarter.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I know a lot about this company and drug. Actually too much . Trial results cut both ways. Just trading the chart from my isolation tank.
- issues: @woodman $ESPR Thank you for the reminder. I bought 1/2 position again. I had sold at a good profit yesterday.
- Alexander: @woodman $ESPR Do you have stop loss or this is for long term hold?
- woodman: $ESPR - on watch to add.
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I mentioned recently that I hedged my position by selling premium against my underlying due to the huge run up and high premiums offered. If you look at the WEEKLY you can see a volatility squeeze breakout and run up followed by a throw back that may test the $65 area. It was due for a pullback/rest. This is healthy. It shakes out the weak hands and builds a better base t for the next climb.
- woodman: @bRobert $ESPR - $65 area is around the the 34dEMA which has been some past pullback support. That's also the 50 Fib Retracement (12/17/17 low to yesterday high). Wee little bounce here at the middle BB area (38.2 Fib Ret.).
- woodman: $ESPR - lots of data coming this this Q (Phase 2 and Phase 3) and rest of year (Phase 3).
- bRobert: @woodman $ESPR I find that kind of talk very arousing to my financial pleasure center
- bRobert: $ESPR Easy to hold Target $100+ Add on pullbacks. Strong underlying support
- bRobert: $ESPR sale over
- issues: @bRobert $ESPR escalator up please!
- bRobert: $ESPR nh WEEKLY breakout from squeeze. Remember these weekly/monthly breakouts go very far. More powerful than just daily breakouts. Makes it easy to buy the pullbacks. Target $100 No surprise.
- Motorman: @bRobert $ESPR Rolled calls, thanks for all the posts...made $$$.
- tjv821: @bRobert $ESPR I should have listened to you about 20.00 ago :(
- bRobert: @tjv821 $ESPR Been in since weekly breakout $15. I post a lot about this one. $90 + target going up to $110
- bRobert: $ESPR Option premium high. Sold some leap calls Jan $95 for very hefty premium. Still 50% upside to underlying stock. $15 + premium in bank. Long stock/ call spreads Short Leap calls
- bRobert: $ESPR flag. Target $90+ Short interest diminishing.
|Stock Price||$USD 42.78|
Esperion Therapeutics Inc is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of patients with elevated levels of elevated levels of LDL-C.Request Video of ESPR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 6th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 20.35 98.49%
- $USD 19.29 52.07%
- $USD 7.96 45.70%
- $USD 18.75 -43.26%
- $USD 16.52 -39.53%
- $USD 9.25 -30.11%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!