Fortinet Inc. (NASDAQ:FTNT)
Old Forum Content for FTNTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$FTNT-my cyber security play and only in it for 6 months so i cannot claim prescience-123.72%
$BOOT-up 129.01% and during the whole pandemic closed 1 store and opened 3.
$MTDR-My star so far
like Biden is gonna let anyone drill-
like OP ...
- shoredriver: @debeers $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $MOH $MSFT $HD $LOW $ARCB $BX $FTNT $DKS $BOOT $MTDR $FCX ....according to Barchart $TSLA is up 1660% since 10/21/19....
- debeers: @shoredriver $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $MOH $MSFT $HD $LOW $ARCB $BX $FTNT $DKS $BOOT $MTDR $FCX -Were you in $TSLA then? if so, great. it wasn't mentioned on the active list here...
- shoredriver: @debeers $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $MOH $MSFT $HD $LOW $ARCB $BX $FTNT $DKS $BOOT $MTDR $FCX ...yep ,and youtook a swipe at in the body of tome....thought it was pertinent...whatever....
- debeers: @shoredriver $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $MOH $MSFT $HD $LOW $ARCB $BX $FTNT $DKS $BOOT $MTDR $FCX -You have always held good stocks but the ones not in it for the long haul could have gotten shaken out. You aren't that guy
- debeers: @shoredriver $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $MOH $MSFT $HD $LOW $ARCB $BX $FTNT $DKS $BOOT $MTDR $FCX -When Elon (a recognized genius) started smoking pot while being interviewed, he sorta lost me because i thought "doobie doobie do do i want someone who is really smart but not especially mature with my money? and i thought Nope. And i was wrong because Mr. Market saw a really neat car and debeers couldn't get past a CEO dancing and smoking dope. Live and learn.
- carefree: @bRobert $GNRC $FTNT $MOH
- carefree: @bRobert $GNRC $FTNT $MOH
- debeers: $FTNT-11/4 earnings. do they miss? Not that i have been able to see. LONG
Fortinet Releases Essential Survival Guide for Cyber Leaders
9:00 AM ET, 10/19/2021 - GlobeNewswire
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Renee Tarun, Deputy CISO at Fortinet and author of Fight Fire with Fire: Proactive Cybers ...
- woodman: $PRFT $FTNT $ZS $ASAN - continuation of move out of consolidation to ath's .
- debeers: $GNRC/$FTNT- Let the $GNRC go and didn't want to but i added more into $FTNT and $MOH because those 2 are as close to a proven as i can get.
- bRobert: @debeers $GNRC $FTNT $MOH MOH $300 Sorry you let gnrc go $500/550
- debeers: @bRobert $GNRC $FTNT $MOH -i am not asking $GNRC to stand in a corner or sending him to his room. i am borrowing the dough for $FTNT an d $MOH for now.
- mariner: $FTNT appears to be breaking out of a two month consolidation. Long.
- scottrades: My notes: COTD: While Bitcoin is running Keep your Eyes on $ETHE! $SPY Rebounding nicely, cautious for a re-test. $QQQ Nice the see the Leaders helping out here. $DIA Above the 50 Day. $IWM Still in the channel $TAN Gap out of a Flag. $SMH Above the 50 Day $IGV Software Hitting highs $TSLA Took Partial Profits on a swing. $AAPL Through the 50 Day on volume $AMZN Break out of a slope.. Watch for a back test. $NVDA Working. $NFLX Whippy on Earnings… Watch 641 $MSFT A bit extended. $HUT Whippy but still in trend. $MARA Still strong. $APPS Momentum is slowing. Stopped out of a bit today. Still in a nice uptrend. $SNOW A little extended $U Also a bit extended. $FTNT Out of a base on volume. Look for a PB. $SEDG Pop out of a flag. $SPWR Extended but Watch for a PB $IIPR Watch 248.30
- woodman: @bRobert $ZS $CRWD $OKTA $CRM - And $FTNT, like $ZS, moving to ath. Nice weekly.
reporting 11/4 so let's see how it stacks up against others in the space:
1.Q. First consideration: How many misses have they had in the last 12 quarters?: for the math challenged- that's 3 years.
A. None. Not one miss inm 3 years and i don't ...
debeers: $FTNT- and some more from IBD which, in as much as @DAN quotes them, i figured it would be ok:
IBD Stock Analysis
Shares break out of flat base Monday with buy point of 322.10
Stock formed a base while its rivals are extended after big runs
- sierramp: @debeers $FTNT You bet it is. Was just looking at $FTNT
- woodman: @debeers $FTNT - I remain long this one and $ZS in the cyber world.
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT $Z $PANW super strong too but hitting new highs every day. extended. long
- wineinquirer: $FTNT $ZS On my priority watchlist (already own $ZS). Busy this am so missed the bo. Now above R3 and my best guess is that it's seen most of its daily gains, at this point (just my opinion........no science here). I'm willing to watch this rather than chase today as my history on chasing is, shall we say, less than profitable!! All the cyber stocks are moving well today (IBD 11/197 in industry group).
- BocaRick: $FTNT #IBD stock of the day with a BP of 322.10 ( new ATH) RS 96 took a starter position. I
- debeers: @woodman $FTNT $ZS -well, some stocks just get more extended. What i like about Fortinet is the absolutely flawless easrnings and the orderly progression. We could do a lot worse than a stock up almost 120%. Dontcha think??
debeers: $FTNT-pinch & pop. Reports 11/4.
So, you might ask, so what. The answser is-How many quarters have they missed in the last 15? Oh, that would be NONE
THE WHY OF THE ORIGINAL BUY-
WHAT THEY DO:
Fortinet, I ...
- joelsg1: $FTNT Tightening at 50d, watching.
- debeers: $ARCB/$BOOT-Levis which was touted yesterday is up 20.72% year to date-$BOOT +114.21% and they have footwear and jewelery and exclusive brands as well/$DDS even better moves/ $FTNT/$INMD/$MSFT. Might be a little wild but no party can cancel Christmas and i think folks, understanding supply problems will be buying ahead./$SIVB- i wanted so miuch to buy something less pricey but with the same great quality and enough volume to work ands i just couldn't. LONG all.
- wineinquirer: $FTNT $ZS $CRWD $PANW @scottrades The group all looking snazzy today! $PANW looks a little extended.
- debeers: $AN/$ARCB/$BOOT/$DDS/$FTNT/$INMD/$MTDR/$SF-LONGS ALL- pretty much spotless also in earnings for the last 8 quarters also so no stressing about being in or out for earnings. Exposures: Auto, tranny, discretionary denim, discretionary high end,least risky outstanding return tech , vanity medical, Oil exploration and pipe w/ a free ride for variances, Under the radar excellent financial. After picking out a crap company and buying wrong, the absolute dumbest thing you could possibly do is have all of your eggs in one basket IMO. EACH OF THESE HAS A RECORD OF SUPERIOR RETURNS so usually they will go down less in a bad market and go up more in a good market. Short Form: excellent stocks, excellent returns. You should be a happy camper with all of them.
- debeers: @Henry - see $DDS and $FTNT..
- woodman: @debeers $ARCB $FTNT $DDS - I still have some FTNT and DDS, though smaller positions than I once had, but have added back some on these bounces. For both, though, I remain cautious for a potential rollover here at the 50d. Not a prediction, but keeping mindful of it. ARCB, which I don 't have enough of unfortunately, is conducting itself with grace and dignity.
- debeers: $ARCB-The 2nd best lesson i ever learned was no one makes a dime off of panicking. Case in point-yesterday $ARCB closed at 87.55 up 3.01. Today it is off by 79 cents. Oh, the horrors! consider that at biz close yesterday the 8 exponential was at 81. $FTNT- regarding my buy today --I am emphatically not saying to dive into everything. i am saying that if you saw that designer gown that you've been stalking, and waiting till a button came off, so it had a markdown, IMO, you shouldn't be afraid to maybe dip a toe. Not a foot, just a toe.LONG $DDS- in the land where the higher the hair, the closer to God, the gals are getting their mani pedis and then going shopping.
- woodman: $FTNT has moved back up to the 50d. I have a much reduced position but do still have some. I'm curious to see how this (and others) react to moves back up to major moving averages after falling below them.
- snowbound: $FTNT 50SMA DAILY > 20SMA cross in motion = R1 directly overhead .
- Pokersmith: When a large % of long term leader names gap down below their 50 day sma. Take notice and be defensive. See $GOOGL, $FTNT, $EPAM, $MSFT et al .. $PYPL below its 200 day
- rythm: @Pokersmith $GOOGL $FTNT $EPAM $MSFT $PYPL what are the likely outcomes ? Rebound will be slow ? I am thinking the big money has found other places. Thoughts on the recovery ?
- teacher5: $FTNT getting slammed. Don’t see any news.
- debeers: $FTNT- @teacher5- Your stock is up over 100 percent year to date and is down on below average volume.i don't own the stock but i don't get your concern. i think you have done remarkably well.
- teacher5: @debeers $FTNT I got stopped out on one of the dips and recently got back in. I didn’t check the volume. Thanks for the reminder.
- woodman: @bRobert $CRWD $ZS $OKTA #1 - and $FTNT back on track. The 50d was a rare opportunity.
- bRobert: @woodman $CRWD $ZS $OKTA $FTNT #1 Yes $340/$350 potential Monster WEEKLY uptrend Great employee I never hired
- woodman: @bRobert $CRWD $ZS $OKTA $FTNT #1 - I've kept him/her on the payroll even after reducing hours. Glad that there was no quitting. Brought back on board full time on the 50d pullback.
- wanda1616: $FTNT thoughts on this right here?
- wanda1616: @wanda1616 $FTNT better buy? $BX or $FTNT rhrn
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT - well, I'm hoping for the best considering that I've been buying it the last two days.
- bRobert: @wanda1616 $FTNT $BX Both going higher Both with stellar weekly charts $BX $150 flag trigger target $FTNT closer to the 50d for lower risk entry
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT $BX - My crystal ball is still in the shop for repairs, but technically I like the FTNT set up off the 50d better than the look of BX rhrn. But I have both.
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT $BX thx yes.
- Pokersmith: #fwiw Stifel Starts Fortinet $FTNT at Buy With $355 Price Target
- woodman: $FTNT - bought back some of this yesterday and a little more today, though it's not yet back above the 8dEMA.
- Pokersmith: $FTNT has retaken its 50 day after a foray below... NP
- Docoof: $FTNT PT Raised to $335 at $GS
- Docoof: $FTNT PT Raised to $290 at Mizuho Securities
- debeers: WOULD YOU RATHER own a company up 1.43% today and 35.79% year to date or own a company up 2..21% today and already up 104.76% year to date Me too! So today gave the stink eye to $PANW and added to my $FTNT. Hiint: PANW is the wildly overvalued co up 35.79% year to date while $FTNT with better results is up way more today and for the past as well. You get bonus points if you chose NOT to plunk down 483 for $PANW and chose the more profitable better return stock for $FTNT 303.87 instead.
- Docoof: @debeers $PANW $FTNT — $AMAT IBD Stock of the Day :)
- debeers: @Docoof $PANW $FTNT $AMAT -Well, YAY! thanks @docoof!
- scottto_2: $FTNT - My sincere apologies to all. It seems my FOMO has cost all holders of this stock. Exactly why I had (erroneously) decided not to buy previous dips, expecting this drop to happen each time. Of course, it doesn't do it until I actually buy in...
- Docoof: @scottto_2 $FTNT If CNBC is to be believed, some of the pressure on cybersecurity stocks stems from $GS’s downgrade of $CRWD to neutral from buy, saying in their note: “$CRWD was one of the few companies in our coverage to show y/y growth deceleration.”
- woodman: @scottto_2 $FTNT - sorry for your timing. That's a drag. I sold a bunch this morning, but will be looking to buy it back. Last time it deeply pulled back to the 50d, it was support.
- scottto_2: $FTNT - Thanks fellow traders! I was in small fortunately. No harm done to my account, just my faith in my trading sense! Although I felt this was a possibility....
- sierramp: @scottto_2 $FTNT That happens to all of us. I always wonder if I'm the last one in the door even when I buy on day one or two after a PB. I always appreciate your take.
- woodman: $FTNT - sideways into rising 20d area. This has generally been a good spot, though deeper pullbacks have occurred on this otherwise generally relentless upward path.
- debeers: @woodman $FTNT -Just superb best in class co. LONG and i am not as precise as you, Woody. But i know a moneymaker when i see it and this does and is one.
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT HODLing
- woodman: @debeers $FTNT :-) - I know we aren't supposed to fall in love with stocks here at SMM, but this one makes it difficult. #EasyRider
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT careful i fell in love with MSTR quite a while back and it was a mess
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT - As Pat Benatar used to tell us, love is a battlefield.
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT $A is another one you could fall for and i still dont own any : o
- scottto_2: $FTNT - I don't think this counts as the #CantHelpIts because I'm not buying at the highs. I finally decided to take a nibble.
- issues: @scottto_2 $FTNT #CantHelpIts I am also tempted but I think I can get it lower. It's not the high but close.
- debeers: $FTNT- add this to the list. Because not only up 112% year to date but also when pullbacks occur, it never gets hit as badly. LONG for a LONG time.
- woodman: @debeers $FTNT - I know we aren't supposed to fall in love with a stock, but I've gotten pretty close to it with this one.
- bRobert: $FTNT. $335+. high base. target. Amazing. WEEKLY walk up continues. =. HOLDING STOCK Remains overbought and hard to buy as many strong stocks do $CYBR WEEKLY flag $185 $250. longer term $ZS. $300. flag trigger. in motion. $350. longer. Reports 9/9
- woodman: $FTNT - taking a breath. Perhaps can get it a little lower. But too cute hasn't worked so well for those looking to get in. Drops below the 21dEMA have been infrequent. Since mid-May, there have only been two, and both were only intraday.
- debeers: $FTNT-Wedbush goes to 350 and tags with an outperform.LONG
- bRobert: @debeers $FTNT I have $350. but a path to $400 is being paved
- debeers: @bRobert $FTNT -one of our polite ones!
- scottto_2: @bRobert $IIPR - Another one in the Hard-to-buy Easy-to-own category. See $FTNT $PRFT
- woodman: @scottto_2 $IIPR $FTNT $PFRT - #EasyRider stocks. Endorsed by Hopper and Fonda.
- bRobert: @scottto_2 $IIPR $FTNT $PFRT Exactly. Strong stocks make it. difficult when in motion. Aggressive buyers don't let it come in $BX. just gave a gift.
- bRobert: $CYBR nh print Monthly C&H in motion $250 WEEKLY reversal $230 daily flag $180 target np $FTNT WEEKLY walk up $350+
- woodman: In no particular order, some #EasyRider #NoDrama stocks to keep on your radar (not necessarily a buy rhrn, though some may well be, but these are for your consideration because they are pretty easy-going performers and have the coveted lower left to upper right path). $EPAM $CROX $CARR $GS $MS $GRMN $JCI $IT $INTU $FTNT $OTIS $DKS $ETN $PAYX $BX $EW $A COST MSFT $GOOG
- teacher5: $FTNT All time high. Small position. Easy to hold like $CARR.
- Docoof: @lostsheep $crwd — ETF $BUG up 1.6% pm. Top holdings: $ZS $FTNT $CRWD $PANW $CHKP $RPD $OKTA
- wanda1616: $FTNT will it make a comeback and join the other cybersecurities in a rally? only one red. maybe PANW stealing share? no idea. buying it when red.
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT - it's hard to find a better chart than FTNT. Buy it at a sensible spot, with a plan, and don't obsess. I've provided my narrative and chart thoughts in the recent past.
- wanda1616: @woodman $FTNT yes. thx. its one of the best charts out there along with $A, which i am not buying at these levels. sad.
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT $A - $A is another nice one. Definitely HTB now.
- Bs7518: @woodman $FTNT Thank you for your comments I bought 2 months ago because of your help ! Thanks
- woodman: @Bs7518 $FTNT - Wonderful. My pleasure. Congrats!
- Pokersmith: So if you were looking for the slightest of pullbacks, it is here on or close to the 8 ema...low of yesterdays range, see $FTNT Full disclosure : np
- wanda1616: @Pokersmith $FTNT im in and will give it leeway to 20ma. was coveting this
- wanda1616: $FTNT might have been a bad idea to buy it up here
- Pokersmith: @wanda1616 $FTNT Maybe bad timing...Has gone up so much on the year, on the other hand, PANW , not so much. Money is rotating into the names that lagged relatively speaking.
- wanda1616: @Pokersmith $FTNT yes ill see what happens tomorrow. an emotional decision ...not brilliant
- Pokersmith: @wanda1616 $FTNT Nothing wrong with just right out selling it, if you have any doubt. Approach it again later from a less emotional perspective. imho
- Pokersmith: @woodman $FTNT 👍
- woodman: @wanda1616 $FTNT I've given levels and thoughts on how or how much to buy and a plan in recent posts. Look at what I wrote last week. If you bought today, you bought at a higher level, so you should have bought only a little so as not to be shaken out, with the idea of adding on a pullback. You can see support at 8dEMA, but better support at 21dEMA. And there are clear rising support lines closer to the 34dEMA, and one deep one near the 50d (which I still don't believe will come into play in the near future).
- wanda1616: @Pokersmith $FTNT thx guys i only have a tiny bit i may sell half of that now
|Stock Price||$USD 288.65|
Fortinet, Inc, is provider of network security solutions that are designed to address the fundamental problems of an increasingly bandwidth-intensive network environment and a more sophisticated information technology threat landscape.Request Video of FTNT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 3rd, 2022 - 2021 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 11.83 99.36%
- $USD 11.84 30.36%
- $USD 81.76 24.33%
- $USD 450.64 -40.93%
- $USD 42.57 -36.46%
- $USD 86.05 -35.11%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 85,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (85,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!