General Electric Company (NYSE:GE)
Old Forum Content for GEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Herb: $GE whoops!
- debeers: @Herb $GE --took the "best and brightest" supposedly in with its financial flimflammery. Their financials were a convoluted mess. I was lucky to never own it because i don't buy what i cannot understand.
- Herb: $GE guy on CNBC now talking about the scam.
- jwstich: @Herb $GE @Harry Markopolos. Exposed @Madoff
- bsafriet: $GE I think the accounting fraud claim is a sham. I’ve been following $GE for quite some time and the LT care insurance issue is well know. I’ve been a GE bear, but this opportunity is too good to pass up. Buying an overweight position here at $8.01. Missed the bottom, but close enough.
- billfumick: @bsafriet $GE That's not a risk, I'd be willing to take personally..... Its a crap shoot BUT, I hope it works for ya!
- bsafriet: @bsafriet $GE Edited post - correction -PT - back up to $9.00 in the near term., $10.00 when/if market stabilizes. Would help if Boeing’s 737 Max issues were resolved soon. Impacts GE’s best business, Aviation/Aircraft Engines. Sole supplier to the 737 Max program.
- champ: $WAB, secondary by the sole seller $GE, 20,458,156 shares,...NP.
- bRobert: $GE . Long term investment . Quietly making a nice base High long term % . upside .
- Seemaaziz: $GE seems to be breaking out
- bRobert: @Seemaaziz $GE . The WEEKLY shows a reversal trade with $18 potential . PATIENT long term investment.
- traderbren: @Seemaaziz $GE - interesting to note the Jun 10 call volume as well.
- Mitchell: 6/20/2019 Trading Notes $AAL - bearish engulfing candlestick printed today on the retest of the downtrend line on heavy volume. Earnings aren't expected until 7/24. $GE - shares have been consolidating over the last few months; now it finally closed above the $10.50 level. Earnings are due out on 7/18. $GLD - watch the gold ETF to see if it can close above $130 on a monthly basis. This would confirm a long-term major breakout that could setup for a measured move to $150. $WHR - shares have been on a tear since the May bottom, now seeing some sellers step in near the $140-$145 resistance area. Earnings are due out on 7/22.
- Trudy Warren: Thanks for sharing your notes!@Mitchell $AAL $GE $GLD $WHR
- efrain007: $GE testing May high
- efrain007: $GE over small flag and down sloping line from May.
$GE - we never got the move above $10.50 that would've setup for the next leg higher. The stock is now breaking down below all key moving averages and won't have any major support until $8.79-$9.00.
$HCA - the last two trading days have experienced ...
$GE - sideways, choppy price action since February, but shares are holding above the 200-day SMA (watch for a close above $10.50 for a bullish confirmation)
$HAL - $8 drop from the April highs, now seeing buyers step in at support near $24.50
$SPX – rebound from yesterday. Closed in lower half of range.
$DJI – up 300 at one point. Closed up 200
$DJT – oversold rebound. Rails work looking OK.
$NDX – oversold rebound. Look at 50 day MA. Not the time to be getti ...
- Robert1965: $GE up in PM to 10.74 now 10.24, +10.0%, 5.2%
- debeers: $GE-does anyone in SMM know why this one is up? Cannotfind anything to explain it.Thanks
- bRobert: @debeers $GE I told you to think about $QCOM Review my note. on 5G plays
- debeers: @bRobert $GE $QCOM -Yup i knew which stock you meant.
- issues: @debeers $GE One reason is because I sold it for a loss at $8.90!
- bigbartabs: @DAN @PhilHarmonic… I bet Jack Welch growls under his breath, every time he looks at the stock price, and thinks about how hard he worked to make $GE great... and about how much stock he should have sold when he left.
- genki: $GE rebounding
- coldevinc: @genki $GE every time I look at that stock I wonder what Jack Welch must be thinking....................
- DrScience: $GE Premarket sell-off to the 50 DMA and a bounce on the open. Low risk entry for move to test 200 DMA, two bucks higher. But, don't think of this as a play to capture the penny dividend. 😃
- Forexpro: Re: $GE, $DHR Hi, Friends, $GE is selling its Biopharma unit to $DHR for $21 bn in cash plus assumption of some pension liabilities (could be important) to $DHR. $GE's stock, not surprisingly, is up in the pre-market (if I'm clicking the keys in proper order, that's about 2.41/share in new cash at the cost of $3 bn or so in annual sales). Somewhat more surprising, $DHR is also higher, last at 119.51 after popping as high as 121.80. No position in either, at present. All the best!
- issues: $GE makes good things for life. Remember that ol' ad. Any, is this an add? Thinking real hard but looks like a top, or close. Holding 1/2 position at $8. I could see this consolidating (sideways) as it did around $8, then stair stepping (measured move) upward. This may be a vol squeeze....
- bRobert: $GE . Big aerospace related business. Watching for move >$10 Buying .Interest should pick up. by funds limited to buying stocks >$10 . Nice sideways consolidation . $11.5 + .
- bRobert: $GE >$10 .
- JRoger: $GE looks interesting after today's action
- issues: @JRoger $GE did you buy any?
- JRoger: @issues $GE Yes I started a position at $8.60 but looking to build it as it pulls back.. the will sell covered calls.
- issues: @JRoger $GE Nice picture. Is that really you! Looks like a professional picture/
- JRoger: @issues $GE Really me but picture is 100 years old!!
- mikeo26: First day to try day trading when 15min candle is outside bollinger band and on the 15m, 5m and 1m red candle is taking over (all trades already +4 5%. Stoploss tight above last 15m green candle. All trades whiped out. After a lot of investigating in the weekend and looking back a long time when this overbought situation has happened, this was the worst day to test it. On to another day. $URI $GPS $GE $FTI Maybe you can tell something about it tonight @DAN? Thanks
- bsafriet: $GE moving a/h’s on news that Apollo interested in jet-lease business. $8.53 + $0.47 on the day.
- issues: @jan2138 $TSLX I'm in. Bought 1/2 share. Looks like I could get more as it pulls back. Also I bought my main man Champ's $SLCA. Thanks BIG guy! Added to $GE and bought $SOI & $HTGC (Thank you DANA! You're the best!)
- etmagic: any thoughts on$GE?
- woodman: @etmagic $GE - This is a sell strength market in my humble opinion.
- bsafriet: @etmagic $GE I’ve got no news. My guess is that tax selling is over and the value guys are carrying the day. More buyers than sellers, price goes up. Measured move from this “W” bottom takes us to 9.00 - 9.15. If I had just recently bought the stock, I’d sell into this move (I agree with @Woodman). If you can watch it, go for a $9.00 price target, sell limit. I’m gonna be looking to short it on a reversal from the $9 - $9.15 PT. Downside target - first 6.70, then looking for a test of the 2009 lows. Thinking we’ll see $5.50.
- issues: I bought $GE. I can't believe it. I must have been confused but the chart looks to be forming the right side of the cup. Of course I put in a stop. Where? $7.59. Just think if they split the gargantuan company up how much each part will rise. Two others I am stalking: $CI $ABMD ($MDT Cramer said was better than ABMD)> I made BIG money last year on ABMD. Anyone still holding or buying $YETI? or "not yet-i" Ones I am considering selling: $MYOK & $GMED.
- issues: @CraigReynolds $EMES $HCLP Tight means low of prior day. Looser stop = low of past few days or week. For the rocket ship HCLP a stop at $3.13 (past few days) would be too low for me, unless you want to hold it for a few more days. For taking profits a stop around $3.89 would take care of a partial position. Remember Dan's phase 1 is up, phase 2 is down to check the low, and phase 3 goes back up up and away. Emes stop $1.80 would be fine unless you want to take a ride up for a few more days. Another example would be $GE. I bought 250 shares this morning at $8 and put in my stop at $7.59 so I won't lose too much but have a chance to make lunch money.
- bigbartabs: @bsafriet $GE ... this is one that I will probably not hold long. I liked how it bottomed with a W pattern, and looked like a trade. Nice profit since I bought a half position. I might go full position if it looks like traders start liking it. As of this morning, pretty weak. I'll have a sell stop on this after the open. Good luck...
- bsafriet: @bigbartabs $GE Good luck with your current position in $GE and wish you a happy new year!. Too much overhead supply out there in the $12.00 - $15.00 range for me to jump in here. I’m watching and waiting for now - I’ll be tempted below $6.00. At least Larry Culp stopped the bleeding by canceling the dividend. But I do feel for all those that were holding $GE in their retirement portfolios - but they did have more than ample warning. Reinforcement of lesson learned in 2008 -2009 that you don’t hold a stock for its dividend when it is bleeding cash. Stocks can and do go to zero, or damn close to it!
- bsafriet: $GE. GE cut its dividend to $0.01 as authorized by the GE Board of Directors Dec 7. If memory serves me correctly (dubious these days), the cut was announced at last E/R. Looks like Worden is way behind updating its stats. The yield is 0.13%, NOT ...
- Pcdentist: @bigbartabs $GE Great call! made some intraday...and looks to be a good one now to trade.
- PJMR11: $GE Watching for a good entry for 1/2 position. Plenty of volume.
- bigbartabs: $GE ... finally getting some interest. Certainly a low point to buy. The 1 cent dividend sure ain't why it jumped. Maybe its a "its dropped low enough" point.
- rachel: Weekend Update Notes 122818 COTD: No chart of the day. VIDEO ONE: Watch the head and shoulder throwback move. I think it matters. Tax Loss selling? Watch these stocks over the next month. They’re the biggest losers in the S&P 500 this year. $GE $MHK $NFX $AMG $IVZ $WDC $LB $AA $UNM $BHF $IPGP $MHK – Insider buying. Others that have work to do: $PLNT $PAYC
- Reif99: @Forexpro DJI $GE $VZ $IBM $XOM $PFE $CSCO $CVX $MRK $KO $PG $SPY I'm sure there are many versions . The one I've heard is buy the five highest yields except for #1 ... that eliminates a stock that may be low priced for a reason
I just got around to glancing through the WSJ while ingesting lunch, and saw a piece titled "Dogs of the Dow Outperform in 2018". I ran the numbers; even including $GE - not so much a dog with fleas as a bunch of fleas with a pooch somewhe ...
- phgruver: @Forexpro $DJI $GE $VZ $IBM $XOM $PFE $CSCO $CVX $MRK $KO $PG $SPY That's classic #VALUE investing. Buy solid companies with solid earnings and solid growth, that are off their highs, and hang on! It does work, just not very fast.
- Reif99: @PJMR11 $T I don't know anything but I've seen multiple pundits say they think $T is going the same route as $GE
- PJMR11: @Reif99 $T $GE Hope they are wrong.
- shoredriver: @PJMR11 $T $GE ...hope is not a strat......
- PJMR11: @shoredriver $T $GE For sure. However, talking heads don't give a reason for making a move either.
- shoredriver: @PJMR11 $T $GE ....who listens to99% of them?
- captron: $GE - the forgotten stock. 3 days of green bars. Wonder if Institutions are buying here. Upgraded to buy. There is a new story out.
- captron: $GE Is definitely being bought today. Have a small position to watch.
- mcmanustom: To the options folks, what happens to the value of an option when a company is spun out as another company. I am thinking of $GE. If one had long dated calls at 8 or 10 and they spun out GE Health ad GE Aviation, what would that mean for the call holder? I guess part would be how it was done. Thoughts?
- shoredriver: @mcmanustom $GE ..Did you try some sites like Investopedia to start?
- DrScience: @mcmanustom $GE The really short answer is that it depends. The short answer is that you should NOT see a change in the economic value of your position. The longer answer is that your compensation depends on how the split is effected (correct use of ...
- grcjr: $GE moving up nicely in the premarket. Long. Building a full position.
- grcjr: $GE a contrary play. I now have a tracking starter position. Watching for real support.
- bigbartabs: @gwenzee $GE ... Gartman... gotta have that 1 cent dividend.
- bigbartabs: $GE ... I wonder of it will become a penny stock.
- CraigReynolds: @bigbartabs $GE I feel for all long time holders still owning when it was in the Dow.
- Sluggo: @bigbartabs $GE At least a hat size :)
- gwenzee: @bigbartabs $GE Gartman, on FOX Bus. News today, said he was looking at GE as a buy.
- Mariojgg: What do you think about $GE, is a good entry for long? or is best wait for the earnings?
- bRobert: @Mariojgg $GE Why RHRN? 20% move off bottom. Resistance / 200d just above. Wait for a pullback/bounce at the least. with stop below entry.
- Mariojgg: @bRobert $GE Thanks, is correct I need look the 200d.
- baronp0329: Looks like there will be a lot of Big Hammers by the close. Looking for good entries. Around 86% cash. Very few trades today. Added another 1/4 to $RIG at 13.82 (at 3/4 position again. Been taking profits early last week) Added more $GE Jan 14 Calls BTO $CSX Nov 75 Calls 2.40 BTO $ITB Jan 34 Calls 1.75
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $RIG $GE $CSX $ITB Long $RIG leap calls $20 . target
- baronp0329: @bRobert $RIG $GE $CSX $ITB Hi Robert. Which Rig leaps calls do you have? Jan20 12.00 (a lot of volume today, 10K with 12k OI)
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $RIG $GE $CSX $ITB I've been in the $12s . for a while. Nice return. Long way to go. You can sell short dated OTM calls against them . after nice moves to capture some premium. At some point down the road I will sell 2020 calls against. and pull some profit out. This will greatly reduce the option costs and raise the rate of return. Also a nice hedge.
- Forexpro: Re: $GE Good Morning, Friends, Now ex-CEO Flannery is out, former $DHR CEO Lawrence Culp is in, at $GE. The company has structural problems that may not be amenable to any sort of quick fix, but the board evidently believed that Mr. Flannery was moving too slowly, even if there wasn't any certainty as to the optimal direction. The market is kicking him on the way out, as the stock is up quite nicely in the pre-market. I once owned it, gave up on it, and only pay any attention because with the HQ now in Boston, the company gets a fair amount of local press coverage. We'll see if there is any meaningful change; Mr. Flannery only got, I believe, 14 months to turn a pretty big and lumbering vessel. Best of luck today!
- traderbren: @Forexpro $GE $DHR - agreed, there's no turning "a big and lumbering vessel" in 14 months especially after all the damage incurred to the hull and likely prop in the prior 10+ years. Flannery doesn't have a magic wand. ;-)
- bsafriet: @ATX17 $SQ I tend to ride my horse until it bucks me off but I am making progress in taking profits on the way up instead of the way down. This is one of those hard questions that the individual has to grapple with. How much are you willing to give ...
- bsafriet: @CraigReynolds $TNDM Hi Craig! Thanks for responding and your comments are appreciated. I agree with you about finding one trading strategy that you know well and works for you as a trader. Seems I do best with diagonal call spreads, keeping the s ...
- CraigReynolds: @bsafriet $TNDM $NVDA $ADBE $ANET $PANW $GE I have been trading mostly for income. Retired. Been trading along with @DAN OMM and learning diagonal trading. Sure appreciate your help, insight and all. Thanks again and keep on winning.
- tigerjohn8: @bsafriet $GE Thank you for such a well thought out answer. That's real analysis
- tigerjohn8: $GE Is this on anybody's watch list? Seems disliked by everyone but shorted by no-one. Just wondering if it can be expected to bounce between 12 and 13 for a while. NP
- bsafriet: @tigerjohn8 $GE avoid!
- khamilton: @tigerjohn8 $GE I bought Nov puts to short but have not seen any other activity.
- bsafriet: @khamilton $GE I traded puts on the way down, started last fall, closed my trades after Q4 2017 E/R. Did’t really think there was enough downside left to warrant the risk. Evidently, the market thinks same as short interest has decreased to 1 ...
- bigbartabs: @bwcarnation1 #Gartman ... I wonder what lighten up meant. He sold his $GE ?
- Kristine: @Greendayguy - Not sure what compelled me but I picked up some $F and $GE last week for hopefully a long-term hold. At least the risk is easily defined and I have stops on both. Near full position on AMZN with Oct calls. Other than that, a lot of shinny objects on my wish list but just haven't had much time to do research.
- bsafriet: @phgruver $IBM #more Just something to think about - you are retired and the income from the $IBM dividends are an important source of your retirement income. My guess is that you also have a pension with IBM. Now change the channel and think $GE. ...
- phgruver: @bsafriet $IBM $GE #more Before $GE, there were WorldCom, and Nortel. No, I am well aware of the risks and the need for diversification. When I joined $IBM, though, they had already begun the process of converting from Defined Benefit to Defined Co ...
- CraigReynolds: @bsafriet $IBM $GE #more Well well well said. I am retired and have been through the hard knock education system. I did change in my last 12 years prior to having the need to retire. Did not want too. I'm new to SMM trying to increase a small portion of my portfolio by learning to trade. I have found a tremendous income stock information in the SMM site. SMM is alternating my total portfolio.
- bsafriet: @phgruver $IBM $GE #more I was assuming that you were holding $IBM in a tax advantaged account, picture changes if you have tax liabilities to consider as you pointed out. Looks like you know the risks very well and have diversified accordingly. Se ...
- bsafriet: @CraigReynolds $IBM $GE #more Your comments are most welcome. Know that you are among friends here and that we all lean on each other at one time or another. This is a great place to learn investing and trading basics, strategies and trade/investing ideas. I am humbled every day here by what I learn and the shared experiences of others. Welcome aboard!
- bRobert: $GE . Double bottom Weekly. Target $17 . Inv h&s daily. Target 15.50.
- DAN: Good morning. My apologies for my sparse communication yesterday. It was a comedy of errors (actually, it wasn't that funny) with Delta Airlines ($DAL). And actually, it's still not over. They forgot to put our luggage on the plane -- even though ...
- Forexpro: Re: $GE Good Morning, Friends, This still isn't the World's Most Exciting Stock, but the new CEO seems to be serious about shaking things up. The company has announced that it will be focused on aviation, power and renewable energy. That entails selling off its health care and Baker Hughes operations. Thus far this morning the market appears to be liking the sound of that, although the stock is off its pre-market high. I'm net long a bit via Aug 13 puts that were well under water (sold 'em too early, at 0.61) at yesterday's close. Could look like a better bet as we get under way. Best of luck today!
- sierramp: @DAN $DAL $DJI $MSFT $GS $GE $FB $AMZN $NFLX $NVDA $GOOGL $ALRM Welcome back Dan. Question regarding your above statement that the Nas broke the D50. I understand what you are saying above but my chart doesn't show that, what setting are you using to see a break of the D50? Thanks very much.
|Stock Price||$USD 11.44|
General Electric Co provides services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, water processing & household appliances to medical imaging, business & consumer financing, media content & industrial products.Request Video of GE
Already a member? Sign in here.
- January 29th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 6.92 27.62%
- $USD 9.67 26.62%
- $USD 11.52 24.24%
- $USD 15.10 -217.35%
- $USD 9.87 -34.17%
- $USD 16.78 -14.66%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!