Macy's Inc (NYSE:M)
Old Forum Content for MMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- shoredriver: $KSS $M...hate this sector.... but moving.....
- shoredriver: @DAN $DAL $UAL $AAL $HA $ALK $JBLU $CSX ....$KSS $M $JWN...still going...not my fav sector but they have been moving nicely
- DAN: @shoredriver $DAL $UAL $AAL $HA $ALK $JBLU $CSX $KSS $M $JWN Agree. Important to focus on the price action,...and they're working.
- Ajax4Hire: @shoredriver $DAL $UAL $AAL $HA $ALK $JBLU $CSX $KSS $M $JWN Tue, Apr07,2020, Stephanie Link on CNBC/Power Lunch stated she is buying "more" $JWN. $M - Macy's is being removed from the S&P 500 Index. I am not going near brick&mortar retailers
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $COST $HD Moon Floss, had to look that one up. There is wholesale ($COST, $HD), There is retail($M, $JWN) and then there is Celebrity: Jeezy Avion Tequila, 50 Cent Effen Vodka, goop.com fragance candles, Kardashian make-up; "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" cost. Only fools pay retail. Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #141
- issues: @agiaccag $GLD $NUGT So NUGT is triple GDX. Here's what's in GDX with percentage of each listed: Symbol % Assets Newmont Corp $NEM 13.41% Barrick Gold Corp $ABX.TO 12.40% Franco-Nevada Corp $FNV.TO 7.43% Wheaton Precious Metals Corp WP$M.TO 5.24% Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd $KL.TO 4.84% Newcrest Mining Ltd $NCM.AX 4.57% Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd $AEM.TO 4.18% Anglogold Ashanti Ltd ADR $AU.JO 3.89% Royal Gold Inc $RGLD 3.39% Kinross Gold Corp $KGC 3.37% I would agree that each of these stocks look much better than NUGT. I think there's something amiss with this ETF. Maybe it's time to sell since it doesn't go up with it's holding...
- Wolf: $M Down 10% after being removed from the S&P.
- Forexpro: @Wolf $M Thanks, Wolf, I suppose the good news is that 10 percent is only around 0.50. I don't know that I've ever been inside a legacy Macy's store - maybe I went into the flagship in Herald Square once - but I did make a decent amount of money from the long side in years past, so this is a sentimental favorite. This result was probably the long game in any case, but processes that might have taken years or decades to play out are being mightily compressed by the microbes. Ugh. Here's hoping that you're doing well; all the best!
- gwenzee: $M is closing all of its stores nationwide. Big loss to all of us :) $JWN is also closing all stores for 2 weeks. Now, that's a loss!!! IMHO these 2 stores are the agony and the ecstacy.
- phgruver: @gwenzee $M $JWN I don't know about where you live, but $M is the brand name on all the Federated Department Stores, which, here in the South, are the major anchor stores in every Mall. Without them, there's little reason to go to the mall.....
- issues: Department store operators Macy's ($M) and Hudson's Bay decided on Tuesday to temporarily close all its stores in the United States due to the coronavirus pandemic, but said their e-commerce sites would continue to operate. U.S. airlines face push-back in Congress on $50 billion bailout proposal Some Democrats in Congress are pushing back on aspects of a proposal by major airlines seeking $50 billion in grants and loans in the face of the massive travel slowdown as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- spmeyers: @issues $M they should demand that they widen seats in coach in exchange for bailout!
- HGIGuy: @spmeyers $M What a wonderful idea!
- wijimmy: @Henry #FearGreed_Index ... The World isn't going to end... Sometimes common sense....Isn't so common... Crazy... how some stocks in the S&P 500 yielding close to double digits.... $WMB, $M ,$F, $OXY... It will get worse when they start to cut dividend
- kbrowe: Notable earnings reports next week: HP Inc. $HPQ Dine Brands $DIN Palo Alto Networks $PANW and Shake Shack $SHAK on February 24 Home Depot $HD, Macy's $M Lumber Liquidators $LL Caesars Entertainment $CZR Virgin Galactic $SPCE and Saleforce.com $CRM on February 25 Lowe's $LOW Square $SQ J.M. Smucker $SJM Wendy's $WEN TJX Companies $TJX Etsy $ETSY and Box $BOX on February 26 VMWare $VMW Cronos Group $CRON Anheuser-Busch InBev $BUD Toronto-Dominion Bank $TD Autodesk $ADSK Workday $WDAY and Best Buy $BBY on February 27 Foot Locker $FL and Wayfair $W on February 28
- debeers: @kbrowe $HPQ $DIN $PANW $SHAK $HD $M $LL $CZR $SPCE $CRM $LOW $SQ $SJM $WEN $TJX $ETSY $BOX $VMW $CRON $BUD $TD $ADSK $WDAY $BBY $FL $W $CRM is especially sneaky in the wayit trades: after earnings it drops and THEN pops--so if they make their numbers you can pick up a wad if you know for what to look.
- Sher: FYI Posts - Latest 1 day change: Gold/Silver: $AEM +0.03%, $AG -2.33%, $AU 2.05%, $AUY 1.39%, $BVN 1.16%, $CDE 1.39%, $DUST -3.27%, $EGO 1.68%, $GDX 1.07%, $GDXJ 0.41%, $GFI 2.91%, $GGN 0.71%, $GLD 0.01%,$ GOLD 3.11%, $IAU 0.00%, $JNUG 1.74%, $KGC 1.90%,$ KL -0.31%, $NEM 1.26%, $NGD -0.12%, $NUGT 3.07%, $PAAS 1.31%, $PVG 0.88%, $RGLD 1.24%, $SLV 0.13% Retail: $AMZN -0.37%, $BBBY 4.98%, $BBY 0.75%, $BOOT 3.99%, $COTY 0.36%, $DG 0.08%, $DLTR -0.23%, $ELF -1.97%, $FIVE 0.36%, $GOOS 0.81%, $GPS 2.37%, $JWN 3.03%, $KSS 0.79%, $LOW -0.01%, $LULU 0.60%, $M 3.12%, $NKE 0.92%, $OLLI 0.98%, $TGT -0.23%, $TJX -0.41%, $UA 1.82%, $ULTA -2.30%, $WMT -1.17% Solar: $CSIQ -3.42%, $DQ -2.27%, $ENPH -0.43%, $FSLR 0.34%, $JKS -3.41%, $RUN 2.66%, $SEDG 0.46%, $SPWR 0.76%
- lanedra: $M Anyone watching $M ?
- bRobert: @lanedra $M Yes Nice double bottom bounce Early breakout $18+ np
- DAN: @lanedra $M Heck of a dividend at these levels.
- debeers: @DAN $M -Which is exactly the point. Since there is so little to fall from here, the idea is that if there is another fall, hey-how much can it be? NP because i'd want to see management wake up a little first.@DAN-if the sales strategy which is a serial disappointer fails, why wouldn't they say that they have to reduce the divvie?
- lanedra: @debeers $M Thank you , debeers, for your input. Being a "juvenile" of sorts in the trading business, I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share this information with me.
- debeers: $M- One last thing before you throw your dough at this one: Well, you can always hope for Eddie Lampert to save them like he did KMART and SEARS many moons ago. The real estate has to be worth SOMETHING. What’s that? Eddie didn’t save them?! Oh, s--t. Well, at least he made the stocks go up for a while.
- Herb: @debeers $M $AZO probably saved Eddie's ass. . . . .
- Herb: @debeers $M Learn something every day. Mnuchin was Eddie's roommate at Yale. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/18/sears-sues-eddie-lampert-steven-mnuchin-others-for-alleged-thefts.html
- lanedra: @scottrades $M Hi Scott, relatively new at this and trying to get a better handle on what to look for. Would you say that $M is coming out of a squeeze?
- scottrades: @lanedra $M On the daily chart you can see the BBands pinch together yesterday as price popped above the highs. You want them tighter together but they can pinch just before a move. You typically want them tighter because they displays an agreement of price between the sellers and buyers. Once price goes sideways for a bit and each side gets complacent, you can usually see big moves in either direction. Hope that helps!
- debeers: @Herb $M -Thanks. Whenever you post i learn something. Appreciated
- lanedra: @scottrades $M Yes, that helps a lot! Thank you!
- champ: @lanedra $M --- The News is, discounts are really moving their sales, per Cleveland Research.
debeers: $M- The why not view-
LONG FORM;As sales shift to online and discount retailers, Macy’s is stuck with too many huge department stores, with hundreds in lower-tier malls. Macy’s has already closed more than 100 stores and will likely close ...
- debeers: @lanedra $M -I'm not saying M won't make it---it might but, boy, there are sure easier ways and better managers of turnarounds than ones who have sales continuously and are CLOSING stores--not opening them.
Good Morning, Friends,
Here's hoping that you enjoyed an excellent weekend. Barron's is cautious to negative on $M, but likes $COF, for whatever that might be worth. I own neither, at present, although $M has been a nice moneymaker at times from th ...
- CraigReynolds: @Forexpro $M $COF I have $COF on my today watch list, also hate there commercial. l look forward to your/State Street's daily comments. Keeps me focused before bell rings. The Tariffs seem to be turning to the not happening view. We will see how the market handles prior to weekend then decide what the risk will be for next Monday. Again, thank you and have a great day.
- Forexpro: @CraigReynolds $M $COF Thanks, CraigReynolds, I hope that you're doing well. I've set an alert at $COF at 96; it isn't all that overbought/extended, but I'm not eager to buy it at current levels. If it sags to 95.50 I'll be considerably more enthused about a small long. A drop below around 92.50 will be concerning, and likely prompt me to pull the ripcord. FWIW; all the best!
- spmeyers: @champ $XRT $HIBB $BKE $FL $GPS $JWN $ROST $SCVL $M $URBN $LULU $GOOS $AMZN #Retail-Sector #On-Line-Sales #niche alas, I had to sell HIBB before earnings, didn't have enuf cushion
- champ: @spmeyers $XRT $HIBB $BKE $FL $GPS $JWN $ROST $SCVL $M $URBN $LULU $GOOS $AMZN #Retail-Sector #On-Line-Sales #niche ---- Earnings are always a hard hold, I haven't been holding any stocks into earnings lately and in the past, if I do, it is always, a small gamblers position, really small. Some times, only 10 to 50 shares. But I held 1/2 size on $CTL... but out, for now.
- champ: $XRT, #Retail-Sector, I'm reading the weekly summary ---- These reported, $HIBB, had a huge beat, $TGT, $TJX $BKE, $FL, $GPS, $JWN, $ROST, $SCVL, $LOW and these reported weak numbers $M, $URBN but are up off of their weekly LOD's, traders had entrie ...
- rck89: $M - So where's the bottom on this stock? It's yield is over 10%! Of course, there's always the risk of a cut! Thoughts, please.
- shoredriver: $M $JWN......earnings on deck one pre one post Thursday.....Always almost add$M for the yield(10%) to ballast portion of several portfolios but never hit the buy button...$JWN has huge short interest so it could blast......
- cb: $ZS $47 target $M $20 Target
- cb: $M Another mover
- cb: $M $BLUE Possible short squeeze setups approaching for these 2 tickers. Blue is above avg vol already today w/ 13 days to cover. $M Black Friday fuel going into the tank.
Shares of Macy's (M - Get Report) surged Thursday after the embattled retailer unveiled plans to save as much as $550 million each year by reining in its widespread use of discount, which had taken a toll on its bottom line.
Macy's stock price r ...
- shoredriver: @debeers $M ...IF the divvie holds...and it gets back to only 18 it would be a 20% return in say a year...or less(sell options)...not shabby..Been saying same with $KHC...niether are going out of biz.....
- debeers: @shoredriver $M $KHC -$M is like a dash of salt on food. Too much isn't good but all that Thanksgiving and thanksgifting is millions worth of free airtime that they monopolize. i agree with you. Price target is the same for the same reasons.
- debeers: $M- I know, i know, its totally counter intuitive. What's NOT to like: its mall based, its results suck, but a JC Penney it isn't The value here is beyond compelling. i think some of the mall guys will make it and ANY uptick in tourism, especially for the upcoming holidays, their parade etc which is amazing free advertising will pay off.
- debeers: $M- Clearance sale doesn't begin to describe how hideous this is: off 15% give or take and you can take it. Full Price, dependent on tourism, dependent on sales, NO.Macy's checked off every NO box and did we mention Mall based? Well, there's another one. What the heck does it do for you to have an 8% divvie when your stock drops 15% on your crap earnings?NP
- DAN: @debeers $M You cut that dividend. I hate Macy's. If it's possible to passionately hate a corporation, that's the one for me. We had a personal experience with Macy's and it wasn't a good one. Hopefully, it will test support, which is $16.19 below where it will be opening.
- debeers: $M- @DAN- 3 years ago when several folks here (champ) posted that $JCP looked really strong at 10. At the time they obliterated their coupons and rewards program and Mike, their former great President/CEO, had left. I said that they were 10 bucks above fair value at the time. Well, today they are 55 cents above fair value at 55 cents! $M has traditionally made 3 big mistakes: it is located in pricey venues or Malls. It has sales so often that the only time it is really crowded is the date AFTER Christmas since the customer never really feels that he/she has missed anything. It is like beds--always on sale. Your personal animus aside, doing the wrong things all the way across since they have neither snot nor value appeal.
- spmeyers: @debeers $M $JCP sounds like $EMTY could be for you! me too (on pullback) -- gotta say, it's a great ticker
$BABA - closed above the July 1st high near $158 on above average volume.
$COF - fourth consecutive trading day higher; now closing above the $94 resistance level. The next major area of resistance is at $100.
$CREE - poised to breakout above th ...
- DrScience: #Retailers getting some love today. $XRT inside day and up off the 50 DMA. $DDS up 5% while $DKS, $GPS, and $M making 3% moves. TOS trade flash notes that 82% of the float is short in $DDS. Seeing a megaphone pattern, but another 50 cents and a touch of the 200 DMA will determine if some of the short shares get bought back. (Earnings sometime in the middle of August.)
- Reif99: @DrScience $XRT $DDS $DKS $GPS $M #Retailers $OLLI too
- debeers: $BOOT vs $M/$PVH/$JWN/$WMT-Last night the cEO of $PVH was on Mad Money explaining his dreadful shortfall and, the #! reason his stock was tanking was that international tourism has fallen off a cliff. So i thought i'd look to see how some popular sto ...
debeers: @DAN-$JWN/$M/-$URBN--One horrible and one only hideous and 1 pretty. Too many sales and too many brand overlaps and waaay too many half price sales.
No need to buy anything at Nordy's you can get at M and no need to buy $M at all when m is one cycle ...
$AAP - nearing a retest of major support in the low $150's (wait for a weekly higher close for confirmation)
$AKAM - major overhead resistance from the blow off top after earnings, but shares are seeing buyers step in near the 50-day EMA (watch for ...
- rck89: $M - Probably a bad to ask about "bricks and mortar" retail, but you any thoughts about $M? I love the dividend!
- bRobert: @rck89 $M You can set up a TRADE to start if you must. WEEKLY/daily Double bottom setting up. Need a green candle close first. If the stock fails to bounce, the dividend won't support the loss in equity value. Accidental high yielders can hurt your returns.
- rck89: @bRobert $M On big down days, I'm always looking for snap-back trades...thought this one might work. Thanks for your sage advice!
- bRobert: @rck89 $M You can TRADE it. if you like. Risk easily defined AFTER a green candle is printed. .
- shoredriver: @rck89 $M ....reminder... earnings next Wed pre.......
- SusanW: $M has been basing for a few months. I am thinking of initiating a position. It seems to be inching up and the CEO has a plan he is implementing to change the shoppers experience in the store. It has a great dividend as well. Watching it right now. I am always afraid of being too early (wrong).
- rck89: $M - Watching this stock for it's dividend, retail sector position and a possible squeeze (yes it's still under the 200 mma). Any thoughts?
- PhilHarmonic: @rck89 $M Terrible chart. All moving averages (200, 50, 20) are in down trends. The setup is exactly the opposite of what Dan recommends. I say trust your instincts and go for it. But take a small position with a tight stop.
- wijimmy: $PLCE,$M,$OLLI... $PLCE.. all over the map today making new lows with low volume and and big spreads... anyone watching or know of any news or guidance coming ?? Looks like $M dragging sector down
- rck89: $M Are we still looking for a bounce in this stock? Perhaps the better question is ....are we looking for a bounce in this market! Open for your answers to both! Thanks.
- spmeyers: @rck89 $M don't bother with this
COTD: $FB – could be a good time to own an earnings run. Is all the bad news priced in? Seems like it is.
• Trading is a discipline of exclusion, not inclusion. Thousands of stocks to own. You want just a handful. That’s ...
- champ: @Gary $FB $SPX $XLF $DJUSBK $C $JPM $YY $CGC $NBEV $SMTX $INSG $EHTH $WWE $NOW $QNST $JD $LEN $M #NOTES --- Very nice...."You can't create opportunity, You can only discover it" ....and that is absolutely true. You have to find the news or the reason why, you would want to take a new position...in any stock. For a Day-trade or a swing trade.
- champ: @MtChet $OLLI --- Really nice ..but #Day-13 on this move for them... off of the low entry. We could see a nice surprise on Holiday sales numbers...also from $LULU and $GOOS, at some point. However, for now $M and $KSS really spooked the sector yesterday.
- wijimmy: $M .. testing yesterdays LOW ..$25.50 ... floor fell out
- indigo1948: $M - cut sales outlook for year after holiday sales were poor - stock is down at $26.60 as I write this - closed yesterday at $31.72.Could affect all retail this morning.
- traderbren: $LULU - offering a good opportunity on this pullback due to $M
- rck89: $M Any thoughts on how to trade this stock rhrn? The yield would be crazy high at current prices! And its trading at 3rd BB.
- rck89: $M - BTO $M Mar 26 calls @2.15. Stock at 3BB, big yld, expect bounce and the "can't help its" got the best of me!
COTD: $M – Alert $26.84
$SPX – strong into the close. Powell is neutered…and the market knows it.
$DJI – the indexes are all strong. Near the top of the move…but we don’t exactly know where the top is.
$DJT &nd ...
- bsnceo: $M & $TGT moving up. Took small posn in $TGT earlier today
- woodman: $M - off bottom
- champ: @woodman $M --- That is good to know because...this stock is positive for the sector....everyone knowns about $M
- grcjr: @bigbartabs - for me I've got lots to look at following a 4 day weekend where I did not look at stocks. Maybe big movers ?? $AMZN, $WMT, $M, $TGT, $INTU, $NVDA, $CLF, $UTX, $WBA, $UNH, $AMD Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for the posts.
- champ: @Sher $XRT --- The sales numbers, that are being report...are really positive...but it is a stock pickers market. $M, is not one that I would buy...and it is a stock pickers market and I don't really know why anyone would buy the ETF...just saying....Saturday night after Back-Friday...is not really a high buying time ....but that is when I would also go.
- Sher: @champ $XRT $M - I used $XRT just to reference the group as a whole - I don't own any retail - Learned a very hard lesson with Target...
- debeers: $M-Had to park Big Dave in the Penny's lot to shop at Macy's since Macy's lot filled up before 5am...........
- traderbren: @debeers $M - that bodes well for $M. I think many of these retailers will prove to be opportunities here as they continue to be sold down. $TGT, $TJX, $DKS
- debeers: @traderbren $M $TGT $TJX $DKS --$M has had an upgrade to its servicing and merchandise since the last time i was in there. Only big box I have is $M. Others in retail are $GOOS and $BOOT. Fave play right now is a seasonal one--Vail Resorts ticker $MTN
- champ: @debeers $LULU @ $138.50 and the $XRT is @ $48.00---- This looks positive to me, after that nice drop, that the stock had. $M reports ER tomorrow, in the AM. Also on Thursday morning,11/15... the U.S. Retail Sales numbers will be released for the mon ...
- woodman: #Consumer Defensive/Cyclical stocks working again today, e.g. $OLLI $DLTR $M $DSW $ROST $DG $KSS $BOOT $SCVL $LB $PLCE $ULTA $MCD $WMT $TSCO $JWN ... you get the picture.
- woodman: Some Stocks: $DLTR - weekly/monthly chart $CHEF - bought this on Friday. Turned out to be a big bullish engulfing. BBs still wide but looks like it could plod higher. $M - continues higher $LFVN - sideways consolidation just under the 50 day. Earnings are out of the way. $ESPR - en fuego $DSW - nice bounce off the 200day/200week. Right shoulder? $INSP - poised for a move if it reports good numbers (today amc).
- petros06: @woodman $DLTR $CHEF $M $LFVN $ESPR $DSW $INSP I have a new watch list in my account. I titled it, Woodman :)
- captron: @petros06 $DLTR $CHEF $M $LFVN $ESPR $DSW $INSP Was happy to see $M on his list since I picked it up last week when all the blood was in the street.
- woodman: @petros06 $DLTR $CHEF $M $LFVN $ESPR $DSW $INSP - ;-)
- Robert1965: $M this up 2.5%
- mopick: @Champ, What do you think of $M? As Robert1965 noted, up nicely today and looking great! Cheap stock @ 8.3 x earnings coupled with a 4.2% yield. Their real-estate alone is worth over $16B.
- champ: @mopick $M --- I like it and I'm in trading it...for now...should have less zig-zags... compare to some of the others.
- captron: $M @champ - How much gain are you looking for here. I see it's about half way back up through the house of pain. It so volatile I have never been able to make any money trading it.Might take it for a long term hold. Good price.
- champ: @captron $M --- I never, expect gains but I'm up for now and I'm trading this stock...but I'm only swinging small size but I would like to add back in the morning. The markets, will react on Wednesday and they could be #Up-Down-or-Flat....but then the markets could have a #major move... but which way...?...no way for me to know. However, the news was positive today, for the markets.
- champ: @mopick SierraJW ---- #Retail-Positions are mostly on hold. for now. You know I was thinking about that and I'm also working on a list for myself... daily...I keep fine-tuning it. My 2 largest positions in the sector are... $GOOS and $DLTH, see my #i ...
- mopick: @champ $GOOS $DLTH $OLLI $M $UAA $LULU $PVH $KSS $SCVL $TJX $PLCE $ROST $TSCO $BURL #Retail-Positions #info-posts #Market-Timing #after #Political-reasons #guess #hold #Good-Luck #Please, thanks, Champ!! I know you've been "championing" $GOOS & $DLTH. Need to check and see what a good entry might be.
COTD: $AAPL – tepid guidance. Likely to rebound tomorrow. Where’s your stop?
• Short term lift. After that? We just don’t know.
• Dangerous market. Everyone wants the seasonal trade. But if it doesn’t ...
|Stock Price||$USD 7.03|
Macy's, Inc. is an omnichannel retail that sells a range of merchandise, including men's, women's and children's apparel and accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings and other consumer goods.Request Video of M
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 12th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- September 2nd, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 44.57 182.30%
- $USD 6.68 96.57%
- $USD 7.06 87.94%
- $USD 8.34 -32.13%
- $USD 22.86 -12.37%
- $USD 28.27 -11.42%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 72,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (72,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!